Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

how well will this play ffxivFollow

#1 Feb 04 2011 at 8:48 PM Rating: Decent
15 posts
BLUETOOTH: None
CAS: * Apevia X-Cruiser 2 Mid-Tower Case w/ Side-Panel Window & MultiMeter Display [+9] (Blue Color)
CASUPGRADE: None
CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
CD2: None
CPU: AMD Phenom™II X4 955 Black Edition Quad-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
CS_FAN: Default case fans
FA_HDD: None
FAN: XtremeGear Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)
FLASHMEDIA: None
FLOPPY: None
FREEBIE_CU1: FREE Game: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
FREEGAME_VC02: FREE! (Stormrise) Game
GLASSES: None
HDD: 750GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [-6] (Single Hard Drive)
HDD2: None
IEEE_CARD: None
KEYBOARD: None [-4]
MB_ADDON: None
MEMORY: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)
MONITOR: None
MONITOR2: None
MONITOR3: None
MOTHERBOARD: GigaByte GA-770T-USB3 AMD 770 Chipset Support DDR3 Ultra Durable™3 Socket AM3 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-II, RAID, 1 Gen2 PCIe, 4 PCIe X1, & 2 PCI
MOUSE: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
MULTIVIEW: Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
OS: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)
POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts - XtremeGear Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready
RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: None
TEMP: None
TVRC: None
USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
USBFLASH: None
USBHD: None
USBX: None
VC_PHYSX: None
VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card (Major Brand Powered by AMD)
#2 Feb 04 2011 at 8:56 PM Rating: Excellent
Very well, I should think.
#3 Feb 04 2011 at 9:24 PM Rating: Good
*
90 posts
should be fine with that
____________________________

#4 Feb 04 2011 at 9:31 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
691 posts
Pretty well. May want to be sure you get it for the right price, though. Some companies will rip ya off.
#5 Feb 04 2011 at 9:55 PM Rating: Decent
15 posts
This place wants to charge 820 that sound about right?
#6 Feb 04 2011 at 10:00 PM Rating: Excellent
Ieatarus wrote:
This place wants to charge 820 that sound about right?


That's a fair price.
#7 Feb 05 2011 at 2:01 AM Rating: Good
***
1,313 posts
Low - Medium settings depending on what kind of frames you want to get. That video card is like an upgrade for the 5770 and doesn't pack that big of a punch. My friend has the same set up and his struggles when he tries to run on medium in 1080.

Edited, Feb 5th 2011 3:01am by Transmigration
____________________________
Eithne Draocht
My IG: archaicmachinery - Friend me!
#8 Feb 05 2011 at 12:07 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Transmigration wrote:
Low - Medium settings depending on what kind of frames you want to get. That video card is like an upgrade for the 5770 and doesn't pack that big of a punch. My friend has the same set up and his struggles when he tries to run on medium in 1080.[/i]
On the contrary, the 6850 is a very powerful card. The 955 is a bottleneck though, so if you were to make any changes, it'd be in the processor first.



Edited, Feb 5th 2011 12:08pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#9 Feb 05 2011 at 4:17 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
691 posts
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Ieatarus wrote:
This place wants to charge 820 that sound about right?


That's a fair price.


Agreed, that's about normal for it brand new from a company. Got the same with a few upgrades after it had been used for a month for 500 here in Houston, but it was from a builder who needed the cash to build their next rig =p
#10 Feb 05 2011 at 5:58 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
48 posts
bsphil wrote:
Transmigration wrote:
Low - Medium settings depending on what kind of frames you want to get. That video card is like an upgrade for the 5770 and doesn't pack that big of a punch. My friend has the same set up and his struggles when he tries to run on medium in 1080.[/i]
On the contrary, the 6850 is a very powerful card. The 955 is a bottleneck though, so if you were to make any changes, it'd be in the processor first.



Edited, Feb 5th 2011 12:08pm by bsphil


Unless he wants to get a new sandy bridge chip or an i7, I wouldn't bother upgrading the CPU. It would be more efficient to spend $$$ upgrading the GPU over the CPU in his case. Around the same price I would get a gtx 460 1gb over a 6850.
____________________________


#11 Feb 05 2011 at 6:29 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
mnikad12 wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Transmigration wrote:
Low - Medium settings depending on what kind of frames you want to get. That video card is like an upgrade for the 5770 and doesn't pack that big of a punch. My friend has the same set up and his struggles when he tries to run on medium in 1080.[/i]
On the contrary, the 6850 is a very powerful card. The 955 is a bottleneck though, so if you were to make any changes, it'd be in the processor first.
Unless he wants to get a new sandy bridge chip or an i7, I wouldn't bother upgrading the CPU. It would be more efficient to spend $$$ upgrading the GPU over the CPU in his case. Around the same price I would get a gtx 460 1gb over a 6850.
Upgrading the GPU with an underpowered CPU is going to result in less noticeable gains, especially if you're upgrading from any already great card. By the way, why advocate a GTX 460? The 6850 is cheaper and performs better. Even if you did really want an nVidia card, get the 560 Ti, or on the cheaper end, the GTX 465.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 31 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (31)