Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Templar armorFollow

#1 Feb 11 2011 at 2:24 AM Rating: Decent
hi guys, i was just kinda curious as to what Templar Hauby armor is selling for on other servers! 30M on mysidia! seems crazy priced considering; Vintage Hauby is better. I have both so i'm not worried, was just trying to play it smart i guess, 30M now... vintage is better, 2 months from now, i don't see Templar being more than 400k but i could be wrong.. people are obsessive about looks on this game..
____________________________


#2 Feb 11 2011 at 2:43 AM Rating: Good
**
465 posts
You'd be foolish to spend 10m on Templar, let alone 30.
____________________________
Lodestone
#3 Feb 11 2011 at 2:49 AM Rating: Decent
but people are.. lol
hence why im thinking its in my best interest to almost sell it, lmao
____________________________


#4 Feb 11 2011 at 2:50 AM Rating: Good
**
465 posts
No doubt you should sell yours, unless you have other considerations.. Like sentimental value, etc.
____________________________
Lodestone
#5 Feb 11 2011 at 3:23 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
We love you and your virtual haubergeons.
#6 Feb 11 2011 at 3:42 AM Rating: Good
*
129 posts
Rinsui wrote:
We love you and your virtual haubergeons.


I don't like Haubergeons does that mean I don't get included in that broad sweeping "we"? That makes me /sad.

All joking aside, I've yet to see someone selling Templar Haubergeons on my server, but the Vintage ones are going for a couple mil each. (Even if I've seen the Ripped ones going only for around 300-400k. It can't be that hard to get it upgraded right?)

But the OP has a point, with not much of a gear penalty/restriction there's really not much stopping people from buying these overpriced pieces of armour for looks alone, but that is a whole different discussion.
#7 Feb 11 2011 at 4:42 AM Rating: Good
*
211 posts
Most of the faction leve stuff seems mainly to be for looks. I was tempted to use the harlequins cap, but in the end I decided I didn't like the colors, and went with an electrun circlet instead for the mp. :P

Anyways, I've seen the templar hauby drop quite a few times... Seems to be one of the most common runestones actually. The helms seem to be a lot rarer.

The prices I've seen them go for are fairly scattered, with as low as 4 and as high as 20(for helms). But the general average, both in game and on yg, seems to be about 8 mil.

But hey, if someone wants to pay ridiculous amounts of gil so they can look shiny, more power to them... I've sure done it before in various games. XD
____________________________
PvR fun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KYqooGHd2g




#8 Feb 11 2011 at 6:06 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
But then going by the look of the Templar set, it seems they can be upgraded. All of them looks so rusty.
____________________________




#9 Feb 11 2011 at 6:33 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
588 posts
I would follow this link FFXIVPRO They will sometimes have average prices from the different servers. It's almost like FFXIAH.
____________________________



#10 Feb 11 2011 at 7:57 AM Rating: Default
**
602 posts
10+ mil sounds about right. Right now theres nothing what to spend gil on. On the other hand its impossible to get templar without serious time and work.
____________________________
FFXI: Dashiel. (Asura) Puppetmaster.
FFXIV: Majidah Sihaam. (Besaid)
Marauder, Weaver & Alchemist.

#11 Feb 11 2011 at 11:33 AM Rating: Good
**
465 posts
MajidahSihaam wrote:
10+ mil sounds about right. Right now theres nothing what to spend gil on. On the other hand its impossible to get templar without serious time and work.

People overpaying for things because "there's nothing else to spend it on" is gonna be regretted by some down the line. I don't follow the logic - are you saying you don't think there will eventually be things worth your gil, or are you saying you think there will be, but you don't care if you make bad deals now?

The playerbase will only rise to where many more can do these faction NMs - and gil will only increase in value as SE adds things to spend it on.. I can't see how now is anything but the worst time to be buying this gear.

Edit - I should say that, if you just want it because.. that's fine, but my point is that it's a bad decision financially.

Edited, Feb 11th 2011 12:34pm by Coyohma
____________________________
Lodestone
#12 Feb 11 2011 at 11:49 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,523 posts
1) Price of Templar Armor is not based on the stats. It's based on the effort to get it.

2)

Quote:
and gil will only increase in value as SE adds things to spend it on..


Actually I think gil will become less and less valueable. When the cap raises and the gill rewards from higher quests are higher, 1 gill becomes worth less.
____________________________
____(>°°)D_->__(O°°)>-_<(;,,;)>_C-(°°Q)__O~~_t(°°<)_(;o0)___<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_____

#13 Feb 11 2011 at 12:06 PM Rating: Decent
**
291 posts
Only if the gil rewards from quests become higher...
____________________________

#14 Feb 11 2011 at 6:07 PM Rating: Decent
**
395 posts
It's not worth getting the Templar armor unless you just want to say you have it. It's worth that much because it does technically come from a random (leve) NM drop, and you have no control over which drop you get. It's an E-peen item.

There aren't a lot in circulation. Last time I saw one sell on Istory was for 25m.
____________________________

http://www.prismaticllama.com/
http://www.sologensystems.com
The Prismatic Llama - Peru's llamas got nothing on us.
#15 Feb 11 2011 at 10:27 PM Rating: Good
****
7,106 posts
Quote:
People overpaying for things because "there's nothing else to spend it on" is gonna be regretted by some down the line. I don't follow the logic - are you saying you don't think there will eventually be things worth your gil, or are you saying you think there will be, but you don't care if you make bad deals now?

People who have more money than they know what to do with now are likely to have more money than they know what to do with in six months. The game rains money on even casual players. If SE adds a gil-sink, then future items will get cheaper anyway, and it won't be necessary to sit on gil to prepare for buying things that will be added later. If SE doesn't add a gil-sink, then inflation will make each individual gil worth less, and spending them now isn't much different from saving them and watching them devalue. Either way, the whole "save every penny for things that don't exist yet" plan really doesn't hold much water. If you're sitting on a mountain of gil, you might as well spend some of it if you see expensive things you want. The whole reason Templar gear costs so much is because SO MANY players have more gil than they know what to do with.
Quote:
Only if the gil rewards from quests become higher...

Well, it's certainly not going to go down, and more and more players will have access to leves with the highest gil reward. More gil will come from leves either way.
#16 Feb 12 2011 at 1:33 AM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Rinsui wrote:
We love you and your virtual haubergeons.


Pssh - Byrnie is, and has always been, where it's at.

d(^_ ~* )
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#17 Feb 12 2011 at 7:22 AM Rating: Good
**
465 posts
Caesura wrote:
If SE adds a gil-sink, then future items will get cheaper anyway, and it won't be necessary to sit on gil to prepare for buying things that will be added later. If SE doesn't add a gil-sink, then inflation will make each individual gil worth less, and spending them now isn't much different from saving them and watching them devalue.

Caesura wrote:
Either way, the whole "save every penny for things that don't exist yet" plan really doesn't hold much water. If you're sitting on a mountain of gil, you might as well spend some of it if you see expensive things you want. The whole reason Templar gear costs so much is because SO MANY players have more gil than they know what to do with.

I think you contradicted yourself a bit there.. That or, you assume all these players will (in a timely manner) amass all the gil they'll ever want, however the future goes.

Of the two possibilities you went over, the chances are overwhelming that SE does add a significant gil sink. I think most people would agree there. And you say when that happens, things will get cheaper (due to gil inceasing in value). Yet you advise to buy overpriced things now?

I wouldn't quite say to save every penny for things that don't exist yet - but that kind of mindset definitely does hold water under this likely scenario. These sets all have four pieces to them - if I had to buy all four, I'd rather spend 20 mil in 6 months than 40 mil now.

Edit - I bet in 6 months, many of the people buying this stuff now won't even want it.. Because there will be something new and shiny - clearly whether the stats are worth it doesn't matter, lol.

Edited, Feb 12th 2011 9:00am by Coyohma
____________________________
Lodestone
#18 Feb 12 2011 at 1:24 PM Rating: Good
****
7,106 posts
Quote:
I wouldn't quite say to save every penny for things that don't exist yet - but that kind of mindset definitely does hold water under this likely scenario. These sets all have four pieces to them - if I had to buy all four, I'd rather spend 20 mil in 6 months than 40 mil now.

Your basic point that six months from now it's better to have saved the money is a good one. But, that only works if you log out for six months. Otherwise, you've just spent six months not wearing gear that you could have bought with your giant pile of money, AND you've spent six months making that unspent pile even bigger.

If you want to play the game like it's a real-world money market, saving and hedging in the hope that you'll make out like a bandit when the value of your giant gil pile increases after a mass-deflation and gil bottleneck, then fine. But, that's a gamble, and you could just as easily find yourself sitting on twice as much gil with half as much buying power. And, more importantly, you'll have spent six months looking at your money instead of enjoying it.

The hobby game lesson is that you should enjoy the game now, not later. The real-world lesson is that unstable markets with rampant inflation and heavily-anticipated harsh economic regulation are terrible places to hoard currency.
#19 Feb 12 2011 at 1:45 PM Rating: Good
***
1,313 posts
Those armors will be next to useless in about 6 months or so I think. Unless you level another DoW that benefits from it's stats. Then again what game doesn't have things that used to be useful. I say do what you want with your cash/items. Who cares.
____________________________
Eithne Draocht
My IG: archaicmachinery - Friend me!
#20 Feb 12 2011 at 2:03 PM Rating: Good
****
7,106 posts
Quote:
Those armors will be next to useless in about 6 months or so I think.

It's the iPod game. If you always wait for things to get cheaper and better, then you'll never spend money on an iPod that will soon be cheaper or obsolete, BUT you'll also never own an iPod at all. That's MMO gear in a nutshell -- you'll never have the best forever because the best is constantly evolving -- all you can do is spend money on gear that you're sure you can use RIGHT NOW.
#21 Feb 12 2011 at 2:18 PM Rating: Good
***
1,313 posts
Caesura wrote:
Quote:
Those armors will be next to useless in about 6 months or so I think.

It's the iPod game. If you always wait for things to get cheaper and better, then you'll never spend money on an iPod that will soon be cheaper or obsolete, BUT you'll also never own an iPod at all. That's MMO gear in a nutshell -- you'll never have the best forever because the best is constantly evolving -- all you can do is spend money on gear that you're sure you can use RIGHT NOW.


Which is why I concluded with
Quote:
Then again what game doesn't have things that used to be useful. I say do what you want with your cash/items. Who cares.


You're absolutely right.
____________________________
Eithne Draocht
My IG: archaicmachinery - Friend me!
#22 Feb 12 2011 at 3:19 PM Rating: Excellent
****
7,106 posts
Quote:
You're absolutely right.

Yeah, I was agreeing with you. Sorry if it wasn't clear.
#23 Feb 12 2011 at 3:31 PM Rating: Good
**
465 posts
I understand and agree.. The gear in question though, like almost all of the faction NM gear, isn't the best in terms of stats. 10 mil on one piece of town gear is a rough deal to me - maybe not to some, but.. That kind of gil is usually reserved for something that's actually superior to something 1/10th, 1/20th the cost.
____________________________
Lodestone
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 19 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (19)