Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Blocked account if ISP change IP while onlineFollow

#1 Feb 24 2011 at 7:55 AM Rating: Decent
*
149 posts
Hi, just having this problem after the security update:

If I'm playing FFXIV and I lost my connection (dynamic IP ADSL broadband) when the connection it's back (with a new ip) I can't log. My account get blocked because of the change of IP and I need to reset password everytime this happend.

Anyone else having this problem?

Ps. Sorry for my english.
#2 Feb 24 2011 at 8:03 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,416 posts
If you bought the limited edition link your security token to your account. That will stop it from happening.
____________________________
SE:
Quote:
We really want to compete against World of Warcraft and for example the new Star Wars MMO.

#3 Feb 24 2011 at 8:07 AM Rating: Decent
I had same issue recently. I logged in at work during the day then when I tried to log in at home it says my account is locked due to suspicious activity. I have been on this same routine for about two months now but this didn't happen until after the update. Good thing no one tried to hack my account two months ago...
____________________________

#4 Feb 24 2011 at 8:08 AM Rating: Decent
*
149 posts
Hyanmen wrote:
If you bought the limited edition link your security token to your account. That will stop it from happening.


Unfortunately it is not my case. ; ;
#5 Feb 24 2011 at 8:44 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
597 posts
It's part of their new security setup that they implemented earlier this week. The system will lock you out if it detects suspicious behavior (i.e. a change in IP).

You can probably get it turned off, but I wouldn't recommend it.
____________________________
WoW - Andorhal
Darkkiwi - 85 Gnome Unholy Death Knight - <Flaming Bunnies>
Lightkiwi - 72 Gnome Disc Priest - <Flaming Bunnies>
Kwanita - 82 Gnome Frost Mage - <Flaming Bunnies>
Maglyn - 81 Gnome Protection Warrior - <Flaming Bunnies>


Don't play that game anymore. :P
#6 Feb 24 2011 at 8:54 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
158 posts
Can't you buy authenticators for $9.99 USD still?
I bought mine for FFXI a few years ago, and never used it. Decided to put it on my Square-Enix account last week, because of this issue, now everything works like a charm.
#7 Feb 24 2011 at 8:58 AM Rating: Decent
I would recommend contacting SE and either seeing if they can change the behavior of your account, or inquire about purchasing a security token. However on the brightside, changing your password everytime you log on is probably a great way to avoid being hacked. lol

Edit: Deleted a rouge comma!

Edited, Feb 24th 2011 9:59am by StateAlchemist2
____________________________
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Data Center: Primal; Server: Ultros; Free Company: The Kraken Club; Grand Company: The Maelstrom; Chocobo: Kweh
#8 Feb 24 2011 at 9:45 AM Rating: Default
*
219 posts
Look at it at the bright side.

SE is actually trying to fend off hackers and RMT. Be glad a system like this exist, i think it would help detect RMT somehow... maybe detect large amount of bots running on same ISP and lock all their accounts?
#9 Feb 24 2011 at 10:01 AM Rating: Good
***
1,112 posts
wrongfeifong wrote:
Look at it at the bright side.

SE is actually trying to fend off hackers and RMT. Be glad a system like this exist, i think it would help detect RMT somehow... maybe detect large amount of bots running on same ISP and lock all their accounts?


So, the bright side is what? That you have a fixed IP so have no problems? He is just supposed to ignore the massive inconvenience because SE has, once again, thought up a bone-headed way to help fight against RMT that does just as much harm to regular players as to RMT?

Average Joe will get annoyed and stop playing. Average RMT will use a proxy and carry on.

____________________________
To endanger the soul endangers all,
when the soul is endangered it must become a Warrior.
#10 Feb 24 2011 at 10:20 AM Rating: Decent
**
557 posts
It's not to fight RMT - if that were the case, they'd limit their suspicions to international changes in IP. It's to fight account sharing.
____________________________


#11 Feb 24 2011 at 11:06 AM Rating: Decent
yfaithfully wrote:
It's not to fight RMT - if that were the case, they'd limit their suspicions to international changes in IP. It's to fight account sharing.


Really? So it'd only ban RMT that live in a different country than you... and those of us who travel for extended periods of time to various world wide locations... sounds fair to me >.>

*EDIT* if your fingers type too fast and you put the o before the c in country you spell a naughty word and get a nice little naughty filter.



Edited, Feb 24th 2011 5:07pm by PerrinofSylph
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#12 Feb 24 2011 at 12:35 PM Rating: Decent
*
149 posts
XiaoSet wrote:
Can't you buy authenticators for $9.99 USD still?
I bought mine for FFXI a few years ago, and never used it. Decided to put it on my Square-Enix account last week, because of this issue, now everything works like a charm.


Yeah, I could buy the token, but SE support it's so bad that any problem with the token (broken, lost, no battery) has the potential to become a tragedy if I rely on them.



#13 Feb 24 2011 at 2:14 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
158 posts
cquintela wrote:
XiaoSet wrote:
Can't you buy authenticators for $9.99 USD still?
I bought mine for FFXI a few years ago, and never used it. Decided to put it on my Square-Enix account last week, because of this issue, now everything works like a charm.


Yeah, I could buy the token, but SE support it's so bad that any problem with the token (broken, lost, no battery) has the potential to become a tragedy if I rely on them.





Yeah, I was always skeptical for reasons like that.
I got one in WoW as well, but WoW is much better for customer support and would "understand" if my authenticator broke or ran out of batteries and whatnot.
I was told it is possible, if you ran out of battery, to just pop it open carefully, and replace it with a watch battery, but it's probably not a smart choice to do.

The WoW authenticator and SE authenticator are made by the same company "Digipass" and they say the battery can last 7 years minimum. So if you trust that, I guess the only thing to worry about would be losing it or breaking it.
#14 Feb 24 2011 at 5:24 PM Rating: Decent
1 post
I would greatly appreciate, for those that got the email after their account was locked, if you could tell us how you changed the password. Do you just click on a link or do you have to enter some info? Reason i ask is i can't seem to remember my SE Q&A so i'm hoping they don't ask for that in the email. Thanks
#15 Feb 24 2011 at 5:32 PM Rating: Decent
4 posts
Quote:

The WoW authenticator and SE authenticator are made by the same company "Digipass" and they say the battery can last 7 years minimum. So if you trust that, I guess the only thing to worry about would be losing it or breaking it.

i have bind the authenticator with a small rope to the monitor. so i can't lose it :)
#16wrongfeifong, Posted: Feb 24 2011 at 5:57 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I bet their japanese CSR treat their japanese customer well.
#17 Feb 24 2011 at 5:59 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
44 posts
According to my friend,
he solved this problem by deleting log folder in user folder.
#18 Feb 25 2011 at 8:40 AM Rating: Decent
*
149 posts
silkee61 wrote:
I would greatly appreciate, for those that got the email after their account was locked, if you could tell us how you changed the password. Do you just click on a link or do you have to enter some info? Reason i ask is i can't seem to remember my SE Q&A so i'm hoping they don't ask for that in the email. Thanks



Just click on a link, don't even need to put the old password.
#19 Feb 25 2011 at 11:29 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
812 posts
cquintela wrote:
XiaoSet wrote:
Can't you buy authenticators for $9.99 USD still?
I bought mine for FFXI a few years ago, and never used it. Decided to put it on my Square-Enix account last week, because of this issue, now everything works like a charm.


Yeah, I could buy the token, but SE support it's so bad that any problem with the token (broken, lost, no battery) has the potential to become a tragedy if I rely on them.




Yep, I experienced this first hand. I bought the CE for the token, then it broke on a friday after 4:00 pm and I couldn't play for 3 days. I won't be buying another one.
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#20 Feb 26 2011 at 9:23 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
158 posts
Jefro420 wrote:
cquintela wrote:
XiaoSet wrote:
Can't you buy authenticators for $9.99 USD still?
I bought mine for FFXI a few years ago, and never used it. Decided to put it on my Square-Enix account last week, because of this issue, now everything works like a charm.


Yeah, I could buy the token, but SE support it's so bad that any problem with the token (broken, lost, no battery) has the potential to become a tragedy if I rely on them.




Yep, I experienced this first hand. I bought the CE for the token, then it broke on a friday after 4:00 pm and I couldn't play for 3 days. I won't be buying another one.


You can go through Digipass quicker than SE.
Digipass will answer your inquiries within a few hours.

EDIT: http://vasco.com is the Digipass website, the creators of the SE and WoW authenticators. If one breaks, don't bother going through Blizzard or SE, go through the creators.

Edited, Feb 26th 2011 10:25am by XiaoSet
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 19 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (19)