Forum Settings
       
This thread is locked

The way to support Final Fantasy XIV THE RIGHT WAY!Follow

#1 Feb 26 2011 at 4:33 AM Rating: Sub-Default
*
186 posts
I love the game. I love it with a burning passion. So long as there are people who are enthusiastic in joining levequests, behests, roleplaying, and any activities that will be available when new content arrives, I'm happy.

I DO NOT want to see the game die. I DO NOT want idiots roaming around Eorzea complaining about how they can't PK anyone because the game is not a WoW clone. And I definitely DO NOT want Square-Enix to fail because of this game...

I think it is time for the whiny EXPLETIVE DELETED to shut the @#%^ up and actually START supporting the game THE RIGHT WAY. I have been seeing some major trends happening lately on forums and in game of people with whiny complaints without doing ANYTHING to help Square-Enix.

You don't have to have a PhD in psychology or a master of metaphysical studies in order to figure these out...



First of all... everyone should really, literally, shut up. If you have nothing good to say, don't say anything. Telling SE about how horrible the game currently is will only discourage them, and will improve it because they tolerate the complaints. The last thing the developers need is something to TOLERATE. They NEED our support, and it's time we give it to them. And if you do not know how to properly do it, let me guide you...


We (or at least some of us) must create a blog, or a website, or a facebook account.. whatever. SOMETHING...

This SOMETHING must contain:

* FFXIV supporters. These are people who are currently playing the game and are planning on staying even when it starts charging, and even if SE makes changes that they may or may not necessarily agree on. They're the loyalists, like me, who will stand up for the face of Final Fantasy until the dawn of time.

* Articles or comments from the supporters that contain appreciative content, UNITED suggestions (more on this later.), and a big dose of encouragement to the current development team.

* SCREENSHOTS! This will only further emphasize the fact that FFXIV has awesome graphics.



It must NOT contain:

* Whiny WoW trolls.

* Articles, comments, or suggestions that contain negativity towards FFXIV (NOT EVEN "CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM", WHICH BY THE WAY, IS A LOAD BULLsh*t.).



It's a step.

Edited, Feb 26th 2011 6:51am by Vlorsutes

Edited, Feb 26th 2011 1:20pm by Osarion Lock Thread: flame bait
____________________________
Watch who you are calling Douchebags, jerk. BANNED
#2 Feb 26 2011 at 4:43 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
691 posts
The issue with the internet is that there will always be people posting derogatory and inflammatory comments just to satisfy their false sense of self-importance, regardless of how hard you try to get rid of them all. As you pointed out, "whiny WOW trolls" are so similar to each other for a reason: they have complete and total anonymity. A few secondary reasons include the "customer is always right" mentality and bad parenting/role models.

I'm getting off topic though. It's good that you want to actively support XIV, however you should do so by attempting to make the game itself better, regardless of how good or bad it becomes. There's 2 sayings I love that apply to this.

1. The great thing about hitting rock-bottom is there's nowhere to go but up.
2. Regardless of how good something or someone becomes, there is always room for improvement, because human beings are not capable of perfection.


Edit: Gold color hurts my eyes, changing it.





Edited, Feb 26th 2011 4:45am by Uryuu
#3 Feb 26 2011 at 4:52 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,045 posts
Quote:
First of all... everyone should really, literally, shut up. If you have nothing good to say, don't say anything. Telling SE about how horrible the game currently is will only discourage them, and will improve it because they tolerate the complaints. The last thing the developers need is something to TOLERATE. They NEED our support, and it's time we give it to them. And if you do not know how to properly do it, let me guide you..


The reason they are trying to fix things is because of the mass outcry and the moment the playerbase seems contented not only will they start charging (not good for the game till its ready) but they will think the game is now fixed. Square have very little idea of what is good or fun as the release state shows quite clearly, they were still touting the game as a massive winner right up until everyone threw up all over it at release. It's not much better now 6 months later either, from a normal players pov..it's still boring, pointless and lacking of content.

Also this isn't some guy making a game in his basement for free, its a multi million dollar company. They don't get discouraged nor do they need you dressed up as a cheerleader saying how *^-^*AwesomE*^-^* they are, it's their job and they do what their bosses tell them to do.

Your post is the ultimate in fanboi behaviour, they are a company trying to make money. They don't care about you apart from the money you put on the table, stop acting like a 14 year old girl with a crush on a boy band and realise it's a company that has failed hard and that need to regain the trust of it's users to have any chance to turn the game around and not be treated like a special kid that just can't compete with real MMO makers *bless*.

Quote:
* SCREENSHOTS! This will only further emphasize the fact that FFXIV has awesome graphics.


This is at least partially why the game failed as hard as it did, they worried far too much on pretty than fun and involving.
____________________________
BANNED
#4 Feb 26 2011 at 4:52 AM Rating: Default
*
186 posts
One of the worst things you can look up about this game is going to amazon.com and reading the reviews... but I found a beautiful one worth showing:

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XIV-Collectors-Pc/product-reviews/B003O6EFKI/ref=cm_cr_dp_synop?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending#R17G1QF2JBE476

Despite the fact that the UI could use some improvements, I think this MMO has vast potential. Far more potential than FFXI had upon it's release. I played FFXI for six years, and I think some people forget how "bare bones" it was on the initial release.

The game is visually stunning -- beautiful even. I'm unsure how some people could be so harsh with their judgements so quickly. This is a MMORPG, and in my experience with MMOs, they are ever evolving with updates, expansions, and add-ons. People say the game is "not complete" but what MMORPG is "complete" when you have update after update and numerous expansions and add-ons? I don't think a MMO is ever complete.

Those who gave up on this treasure too soon have made a mistake I fear. This is definately a MMO masterpiece in the works.




The game needs marketing almost just as much as it needs more content.


Let's be positive and start making actions ourselves. I may create a website for it myself, but I do not want to be the only one to do it.
____________________________
Watch who you are calling Douchebags, jerk. BANNED
#5 Feb 26 2011 at 4:59 AM Rating: Default
*
186 posts
I would like to make it clear to everyone that I am not trying to make everyone in the world delusional and endlessly tell themselves how awesome an incomplete game is.

THIS IS a proposition of unity to those who want to SUPPORT FFXIV THE RIGHT WAY.

THE RIGHT WAY.

I am a Final Fantasy fanboy until the day I die.
____________________________
Watch who you are calling Douchebags, jerk. BANNED
#6 Feb 26 2011 at 5:03 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
35 posts
Hey, I can PK people! I do it to bots every time I find them ;)
#7 Feb 26 2011 at 5:05 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,045 posts
Quote:
I am a Final Fantasy fanboy until the day I die.


Fanbois are retarded.

I've probably put more money into Square than you have over the years(and ultimately money is all they care about no matter what you think), difference is I don't put up with mediocrity and tout it as wine and flowers. If Square want my and most normal players money they better impress the crap out of me, they don't get my money out of pity or cause I like Sephiroth, Cloud and Aeris.

Fanbois are the reason they thought they could get away with releasing a game in such an early state, people with your mindset are the reason the game is as it is. "oh they will buy it...it's FF!" Nah.
____________________________
BANNED
#8 Feb 26 2011 at 5:08 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Right now the game is garbage, and most of the people who bought it feel ripped off. You can't expect people to shut up about it just to perpetuate a false illusion of customer satisfaction.

Essentially you want more people to buy the game by tilting the apparent critical reception of the game, which even if that did successfully get more people to try or stay with the game, would only leave those people feeling ripped off, and then they will complain, etc.

Attempting to silence dissent or make the game appear more liked than it actually is, even if only trying to play up that a tiny fraction of people who bought the game LOVE it, is a complete failure of a strategy, and if you actually had the ability to enact it, it would be deceptive and border on unethical. This seems like a solution a child would offer.

The right way to support FFXIV is to let SE know how dissatisfied you are with the game and what specifically they can do to address it. But let's face it, ultimately that does not guarantee that they will accomplish anything positive with that feedback, and as far as most people are concerned, FFXIV is too far gone to be salvaged. This game is probably still a year away from what it should have been at launch, and players are not likely to look past that fact. By badly marketing the game in the early stages and butchering the launch, SE has drastically damaged their potential subscription base, and at best it will be a long time before a decent number of players trickle back in.

Odds are good that the game will die. Just accept that, hope it doesn't, and enjoy it while you can.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#9ViKtoricus, Posted: Feb 26 2011 at 5:11 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Obvious troll post.
#10 Feb 26 2011 at 5:20 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,045 posts
Quote:
Obvious troll post.


It's not actually, what I said is true you just don't like it. Big difference.
____________________________
BANNED
#11ViKtoricus, Posted: Feb 26 2011 at 5:21 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I disagree.
#12 Feb 26 2011 at 5:35 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
108 posts
What you fail to understand is that most of us want this game to succeed. We're not critisising the game and how it's been handled out of spite, we do it because we genuinely want them to improve it.
#13 Feb 26 2011 at 6:05 AM Rating: Default
*
186 posts
Mugamaga wrote:
What you fail to understand is that most of us want this game to succeed. We're not critisising the game and how it's been handled out of spite, we do it because we genuinely want them to improve it.


I can see where you are coming from, and I agree. Deep down inside of most of us, we want this game to succeed.

Few however, decide to do something about it. Time is up. Feelings of hopelessness and helplessness will do nothing but diminish the good odds.

And I can guarantee you that CRITICISM will only be TOLERATED. We need a different way of voicing and expressing our thoughts and opinions.
____________________________
Watch who you are calling Douchebags, jerk. BANNED
#14 Feb 26 2011 at 6:09 AM Rating: Excellent
While I admire your enthusiasm for wanting the game to succeed, you do need to realize that your attitude about it isn't exactly forum friendly. The post preludes made that you reported, while to a degree could be construed as trolling, is the very same kind of criticism you'd see anywhere else, because in all honesty that is what a lot of people believe. No matter how you look at it, Final Fantasy XIV was released in an unpolished, incomplete state, and it's clear that Square Enix was banking off the franchise's name to hold players' interest until it could be fixed up. However, that backfired on them and the game is suffering because of it. A lot of people, myself included, want the game to succeed, but that doesn't mean we should all instantly badmouth or do away with anyone speaking negatively about it.
____________________________
Lady Jinte wrote:

Vlorsutes' Negotiation Skill rises 0.2 points
Vlorsutes' Observant Parent Skill rises 0.3 points
Vlorsutes' Argument Diffusing Skill rises 0.1 points

#15 Feb 26 2011 at 6:18 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Perhaps, Sir, you believes that there's some conspiracy
of Trion/Blizzard/NC to badmouth FFXIV going on?

(...)

There's a book by a russian author (Dostoyewsky)
called "the idiot" about a guy who, out of absolute
devotion to his monarch, proudly covers himself in
the king's horses ****.

(...)

Then again, if we all dance in joy and keep buying
what we are offered by SE, and pray to them to lend
an ear to our pledges *if they please*, their policy
of short-term cash-whoring will change. Sounds logical.
#16 Feb 26 2011 at 6:20 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
ViKtoricus wrote:
Kachi wrote:

Attempting to silence dissent or make the game appear more liked than it actually is, even if only trying to play up that a tiny fraction of people who bought the game LOVE it, is a complete failure of a strategy, and if you actually had the ability to enact it, it would be deceptive and border on unethical. This seems like a solution a child would offer.

The right way to support FFXIV is to let SE know how dissatisfied you are with the game and what specifically they can do to address it. But let's face it, ultimately that does not guarantee that they will accomplish anything positive with that feedback, and as far as most people are concerned, FFXIV is too far gone to be salvaged. This game is probably still a year away from what it should have been at launch, and players are not likely to look past that fact. By badly marketing the game in the early stages and butchering the launch, SE has drastically damaged their potential subscription base, and at best it will be a long time before a decent number of players trickle back in.


I disagree.

First of all, every (and I do mean EVERY) advertiser out there IN ANY ASPECT OF LIFE is a selfish, manipulative, EXPLETIVE DELETED who's trying to get what he/she wants from you (whether it be money, ***, your wife, etc.). Calling out something that is done by EVERYONE (including you) is hypocrisy.

YOU, sir, are a hypocrite.

...And as far as the right way to support FFXIV... It's in my suggestion. I wrote it, and if no one else tries to do it, I will personally get my own website domain and create a website that encourages Final Fantasy fans to help Squaresoft and Enix revive its lost glory. All they really need is a voice, and an ember to start the flame.

Edited, Feb 26th 2011 6:48am by Vlorsutes



So the takeaway from that is that you are also a selfish, manipulative "expletive" who's trying to get what he/she wants.

I should probably just not say anything further, because experiencing failure at your own hands will be a more salient lesson than I can offer, but I will say that there's a pretty obvious difference between voicing your own opinions, advertising your own product, and attempting to stifle criticism while organizing fake grassroots support movements. And I certainly don't do the latter.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#17 Feb 26 2011 at 6:49 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
515 posts
Quote:
These are people who are currently playing the game and are planning on staying even when it starts charging, and even if SE makes changes that they may or may not necessarily agree on. They're the loyalists, like me, who will stand up for the face of Final Fantasy until the dawn of time.



I will stand up until the dawn of time.
#18 Feb 26 2011 at 6:56 AM Rating: Excellent
*sighs* guess OP is wanting to join Ostia and Cornyboobs sub-default club.

being a white knight for the game is one thing, but you crossed the line. telling people to shut up and calling yourself a defender of ffixv makes those of us who politely (or at least civilly) defend the game (to an extent) look bad. sorry, but you deserve any rate downs you get.


Edited, Feb 26th 2011 7:57am by StateAlchemist2
____________________________
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Data Center: Primal; Server: Ultros; Free Company: The Kraken Club; Grand Company: The Maelstrom; Chocobo: Kweh
#19PeoplesChamp, Posted: Feb 26 2011 at 7:42 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Please guide me viKtor... I need you to be my leader.
#20 Feb 26 2011 at 7:45 AM Rating: Default
*
219 posts
ever hear of the ol saying?

Nothing taste better when there is nothing bitter to taste first.

You won't know the differences if people don't give negative comments, it is these negative comments building the positive comments to come.

If you want FFXIV to do good, you should give it a little more negative comments so developers can understand what is the problem and people will realize the differences when there is a change.

Also, the way i think is, it is also the negative comments which push forward the positive thinking. Defender have nothing to defend if they isn't any attacks and you will never know whether the defend is good enough when you never defend.
#21 Feb 26 2011 at 8:06 AM Rating: Good
ViKtoricus wrote:
I would like to make it clear to everyone that I am not trying to make everyone in the world delusional and endlessly tell themselves how awesome an incomplete game is.

THIS IS a proposition of unity to those who want to SUPPORT FFXIV THE RIGHT WAY.

THE RIGHT WAY.

I am a Final Fantasy fanboy until the day I die.



We all supported them the right way by actually purchasing the game and we will continue to support them the right way by constantly reminding them that we will always support them as long as they treat us like the loyal fanbase that we are and not release complete and utter garbage to meet a deadline.

____________________________

Does hating a game I wanted to love make me a troll?
or does trying to love a game I hate make me a white knight?
#22 Feb 26 2011 at 12:26 PM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
OP disgusts me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Final Fantasy fanboy until the end, but I don't like being taken advantage of and paying $70 for a sub-par product. So yeah, if I feel like I got ripped off, I have every right to complain.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#23wrongfeifong, Posted: Feb 26 2011 at 1:07 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Please don't say sub-par. The amount of efforts for these people to put in making the story CG+ scenes, not to mention the movenments and all. the monster details and game world.
#24 Feb 26 2011 at 1:18 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,177 posts
wrongfeifong wrote:
UltKnightGrover wrote:
OP disgusts me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Final Fantasy fanboy until the end, but I don't like being taken advantage of and paying $70 for a sub-par product. So yeah, if I feel like I got ripped off, I have every right to complain.


Please don't say sub-par. The amount of efforts for these people to put in making the story CG+ scenes, not to mention the movenments and all. the monster details and game world.

This isn't sub-par at all. It is just that the developers don't understand what players whats while avoiding everything from FFXI. So basically they are trying to make a NEW MMORPG.


I understand their reasoning, but I'd still have to disagree. The quests (what they have so far) and CG scenes are fantastic. The music is well-done too. However, they rushed the product out, ignored beta tester complaints, and had this "can-do-no wrong" attitude. You can't be arrogant when trying something new and unexpected, if the people playing your game do not like it, then you either need to mix what already works with the new, or change the direction you're going with the game.

At first, S-E did neither, and came off as surprised when they realized players didn't like their "newest masterpiece" of an installment. I love Final Fantasy for its story, XIV delivered there (so far with the main scenario quests), but was very lackluster on everything else. In trying to be new and innovative, they've took all of the fun out of it. That's why I consider it sub-par.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#25 Feb 26 2011 at 1:18 PM Rating: Excellent
****
9,043 posts
wrongfeifong wrote:
UltKnightGrover wrote:
OP disgusts me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Final Fantasy fanboy until the end, but I don't like being taken advantage of and paying $70 for a sub-par product. So yeah, if I feel like I got ripped off, I have every right to complain.


Please don't say sub-par. The amount of efforts for these people to put in making the story CG+ scenes, not to mention the movenments and all. the monster details and game world.

This isn't sub-par at all. It is just that the developers don't understand what players whats while avoiding everything from FFXI. So basically they are trying to make a NEW MMORPG.


SE have more than enough experience to know what makes a quality game. However, XIII and XIV have both been, for their standards, EXTREMELY poor.

So yes, I think Grover's justified to call them sub-par.

In fact, I think sub-par is being polite. I'd go as far as to call them an absolute disgrace.
____________________________
Likibiki ~ 75 WHM ~ 75 SAM ~ 75 THF ~ 75 SMN ~ 74 NIN
Pandemonium Server, FFXI. Retired. Gone but not forgotten.
Cailey ~ 90 DNC ~ 90 RDM ~ 90 BLM
Asura Server, FFXI. Adventurer Extraordinaire.
#26 Feb 26 2011 at 1:53 PM Rating: Excellent
*
62 posts
I can see the point of the OP; positive support from the fanbase could be beneficial to the overall image of the game which in turn would have positive effects on its development. But maybe all this negativity surrounding FF13 and 14 is a good thing for SquareEnix because it would get rid of its ******** "can-do-no-wrong" attitude (term borrowed from ultknightgrover) and ultimately would mean a good thing for the fans because it would lead to better games.
____________________________


#27 Feb 26 2011 at 2:07 PM Rating: Good
***
1,636 posts
telling them what we don't like and what we would like is the best way to support SE.
____________________________


#28 Feb 26 2011 at 2:55 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
46 posts
ViKtoricus wrote:
I am a Final Fantasy fanboy until the day I die.


I'm guessing he was either in a coma when they released Final Fantasy X-2, or is insecure on a level that 21st-century psychology books cannot even describe.


While I admire SE's willingness to push the next-gen envelope in MMO graphics, I don't admire their failure to even completely finish a mega-hyped blockbuster game for a long-lasting and popular franchise.

The worst thing you can do for the company (or yourself) is to outright mislead or lie to people, telling them its a really solid and well-polished game when in fact it has been **** near the opposite for almost 6 months post-release. It's shiny. The environments are impressive. The actual game is extremely dull by comparison... and when people arrive at that conclusion after being misled by fanboisie blogs and forum reviews, they'll probably never buy another SE game again (or at least an MMO from them).

Hopefully that wasn't too much SPIN.
#29 Feb 26 2011 at 3:10 PM Rating: Decent
*
176 posts
ViKtoricus wrote:
Telling SE about how horrible the game currently is will only discourage them.


Edited, Feb 26th 2011 6:51am by Vlorsutes



I lol'd.
S-E isn't some XIV year old girl that's going to run off crying because we said her *** looks ugly in her pants. Fact is, they're nice-looking pants, they just need some decent content inside of them. Instead of general criticism, which is what most people give S-E (your *** looks fat, the UI is bad), we need to give them specific feedback on how they can improve (P90x, add hottips etc).
____________________________


#30 Feb 26 2011 at 3:20 PM Rating: Excellent
KujaKoF wrote:
telling them what we don't like and what we would like is the best way to support SE.



To expand on this a little bit...

Providing SE with constructive, well thought out feedback is the best way to support the game. We've got our Feedback Forum here on ZAM for that. There's also a direct means of contact to SE.

You don't have to love the game to provide constructive feedback, nor do you have to hate it. Having said that, I'm going to lock this thread as it's total flame bait. OP: If you want to re-open this thread in a less condescending and insulting manner (ie not a troll), feel free to do so.
This thread is locked
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 19 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (19)