Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

When World Quests arrive...Follow

#1 Feb 27 2011 at 11:58 PM Rating: Sub-Default
*
186 posts
When World Quests arrive... will levequests and behests STILL be your primary source of skill points and/or additional gils?
____________________________
Watch who you are calling Douchebags, jerk. BANNED
#2 Feb 28 2011 at 1:08 AM Rating: Default
*
219 posts
You think FFXIV quests are like wow?

you think wrong.

FFXIV quests are all filled with cutscenes. This is their trademark. Just like FFXI.

If they add quests like wow, i would really be disappointed because Quantity doesn't mean Quality.

Square enix is a QUALITY company, blizzard is a quantity focus company, that is why their graphic are usually horrible low quality to put more quantity contents.

and SE, just basically make the unique and best graphic in this world and their story are QUALITY.

Seriously, if they really just throw a page up describe the quest instead of adding dialog and cutscenes, i might as well quit. I am not here to play wow-XIV.

Edited, Feb 28th 2011 2:09am by wrongfeifong

Edited, Feb 28th 2011 2:10am by wrongfeifong
#3 Feb 28 2011 at 1:17 AM Rating: Default
*
186 posts
wrongfeifong wrote:
You think FFXIV quests are like wow?

you think wrong.

FFXIV quests are all filled with cutscenes. This is their trademark. Just like FFXI.

If they add quests like wow, i would really be disappointed because Quantity doesn't mean Quality.

Square enix is a QUALITY company, blizzard is a quantity focus company, that is why their graphic are usually horrible low quality to put more quantity contents.

and SE, just basically make the unique and best graphic in this world and their story are QUALITY.

Seriously, if they really just throw a page up describe the quest instead of adding dialog and cutscenes, i might as well quit. I am not here to play wow-XIV.

Edited, Feb 28th 2011 2:09am by wrongfeifong

Edited, Feb 28th 2011 2:10am by wrongfeifong


I think I'm in-love with you.
____________________________
Watch who you are calling Douchebags, jerk. BANNED
#4 Feb 28 2011 at 1:22 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
34 posts
ViKtoricus wrote:
wrongfeifong wrote:
You think FFXIV quests are like wow?

you think wrong.

FFXIV quests are all filled with cutscenes. This is their trademark. Just like FFXI.

If they add quests like wow, i would really be disappointed because Quantity doesn't mean Quality.

Square enix is a QUALITY company, blizzard is a quantity focus company, that is why their graphic are usually horrible low quality to put more quantity contents.

and SE, just basically make the unique and best graphic in this world and their story are QUALITY.

Seriously, if they really just throw a page up describe the quest instead of adding dialog and cutscenes, i might as well quit. I am not here to play wow-XIV.

Edited, Feb 28th 2011 2:09am by wrongfeifong

Edited, Feb 28th 2011 2:10am by wrongfeifong


I think I'm in-love with you.



FFXIVmatchmaker.com?


I kid. I am looking forward to seeing what kind of quests they'll add. I never played XI so I'm excited.
____________________________


#5 Feb 28 2011 at 1:28 AM Rating: Excellent
*
182 posts
wrongfeifong wrote:


FFXIV quests are all filled with cutscenes. This is their trademark. Just like FFXI.



That's not completely true, most quests in FFXI had just dialogue, not cutscenes.
____________________________
?
#6 Feb 28 2011 at 12:10 PM Rating: Decent
*
157 posts
As much as I never defend WoW ... I guess I have to here. Models may have been way too "cartoony" but the artwork that was done for some of the raid-zones was amazing!

Black Temple & Ulda to mention a couple.
____________________________
[center][img]http://ff14sp.com/tools/lodestone_data/imgs/Aleister Crowley Bodhum 3 Legacy.png[/img][/center]
#7 Feb 28 2011 at 12:19 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
597 posts
SpelunkerOne wrote:
As much as I never defend WoW ... I guess I have to here. Models may have been way too "cartoony" but the artwork that was done for some of the raid-zones was amazing!

Black Temple & Ulda to mention a couple.


It's a bit jarring to see older, low-poly and low-res models and environments standing next to the newer ones. You have to wonder how they're even from the same game.
____________________________
WoW - Andorhal
Darkkiwi - 85 Gnome Unholy Death Knight - <Flaming Bunnies>
Lightkiwi - 72 Gnome Disc Priest - <Flaming Bunnies>
Kwanita - 82 Gnome Frost Mage - <Flaming Bunnies>
Maglyn - 81 Gnome Protection Warrior - <Flaming Bunnies>


Don't play that game anymore. :P
#8 Feb 28 2011 at 12:20 PM Rating: Decent
**
557 posts
Quanta wrote:
SpelunkerOne wrote:
As much as I never defend WoW ... I guess I have to here. Models may have been way too "cartoony" but the artwork that was done for some of the raid-zones was amazing!

Black Temple & Ulda to mention a couple.


It's a bit jarring to see older, low-poly and low-res models and environments standing next to the newer ones. You have to wonder how they're even from the same game.

I think they made it work. The new graphical overhaul with DX11 support makes even old areas like Westfall look rather striking, with the sun setting and reflecting in the sea.
____________________________


#9 Feb 28 2011 at 2:36 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,214 posts
TerraSonicX wrote:
wrongfeifong wrote:


FFXIV quests are all filled with cutscenes. This is their trademark. Just like FFXI.



That's not completely true, most quests in FFXI had just dialogue, not cutscenes.

If that is true, then they pulled off a good one in 11, because the Cutscenes are what I remember from 11, the dialog was part of it, but from the second you started 11, you were greeted by a cutscene that started you off on your very first worthless quest of fun. Deliver a worthless note to some random NPC you will never talk to again. But in doing so, they introduced you to some of the characters that would play an important part in the development of the story to the end of the game (storyline wise).
#10 Feb 28 2011 at 2:57 PM Rating: Default
*
176 posts
wrongfeifong wrote:
You think FFXIV quests are like wow?

you think wrong.

FFXIV quests are all filled with cutscenes. This is their trademark. Just like FFXI.

If they add quests like wow, i would really be disappointed because Quantity doesn't mean Quality.

Square enix is a QUALITY company, blizzard is a quantity focus company, that is why their graphic are usually horrible low quality to put more quantity contents.

and SE, just basically make the unique and best graphic in this world and their story are QUALITY.

Seriously, if they really just throw a page up describe the quest instead of adding dialog and cutscenes, i might as well quit. I am not here to play wow-XIV.

Edited, Feb 28th 2011 2:09am by wrongfeifong

Edited, Feb 28th 2011 2:10am by wrongfeifong


I think you have that backwards. This is the 14th main entry of S-E's flagship franchise, whereas Blizzard just barely released the sequel to StarCraft last year, and hopefully we'll be getting Diablo 3 this year. They take their time to make sure what they release is quality. If anyone is putting quantity over quality, it's S-E.
____________________________


#11 Feb 28 2011 at 3:57 PM Rating: Decent
*
219 posts
TerraSonicX wrote:
wrongfeifong wrote:


FFXIV quests are all filled with cutscenes. This is their trademark. Just like FFXI.



That's not completely true, most quests in FFXI had just dialogue, not cutscenes.


superdupernuker wrote:
wrongfeifong wrote:
You think FFXIV quests are like wow?

you think wrong.

FFXIV quests are all filled with cutscenes. This is their trademark. Just like FFXI.

If they add quests like wow, i would really be disappointed because Quantity doesn't mean Quality.

Square enix is a QUALITY company, blizzard is a quantity focus company, that is why their graphic are usually horrible low quality to put more quantity contents.

and SE, just basically make the unique and best graphic in this world and their story are QUALITY.

Seriously, if they really just throw a page up describe the quest instead of adding dialog and cutscenes, i might as well quit. I am not here to play wow-XIV.

Edited, Feb 28th 2011 2:09am by wrongfeifong

Edited, Feb 28th 2011 2:10am by wrongfeifong


I think you have that backwards. This is the 14th main entry of S-E's flagship franchise, whereas Blizzard just barely released the sequel to StarCraft last year, and hopefully we'll be getting Diablo 3 this year. They take their time to make sure what they release is quality. If anyone is putting quantity over quality, it's S-E.


Well let's look at it this way,

Blizzard takes 5 years to release 1 games... actually starcraft to starcraft 2 ...how many years? 10? or 12 ? Sure they have quality in turn of stability, if they don't they should pack up and go home. In 10 years. The saddiest point of the whole process is, Starcraft 2 play exactly like starcrat 1. What is the differences? Of course, you have quality. If starcraft is quality them, starcraft 2 would be quality enough because it is just a port over.

However, can you say the same with FFXIV to FFXI? Can you really say FFXIV is a port over of FFXI?

Now let's look at FF, I believe when starcraft released, FF8 or FF9 released, yes there is quantity but the quality of a FF 10, FFX-2,11,12,13,14... are increasing. While starcrat 2...still look and play the same as starcraft 2. I think blizzard is just lazy and exploiting the American's taste.

I mean look at FF12 vs FF13, can you tell me you are not amazed by the quality in term of graphic and story indepth and game play against pervious FF12? It is complete different as well. Yet, blizzard choose to release games in similar quality and add some more features.

Let's look at Diablo 3, Heck, it look like darkstone or even never winter night which is a game i played 10 years ago. Blizzard are really lazy aren't they?

They can fool you, but they can't fool me, i am not here to playing diablo 2-2. or starcraft 1-2



Edited, Feb 28th 2011 5:00pm by wrongfeifong
#12 Feb 28 2011 at 3:59 PM Rating: Default
6 posts
wrongfeifong wrote:
You think FFXIV quests are like wow?

you think wrong.

FFXIV quests are all filled with cutscenes. This is their trademark. Just like FFXI.

If they add quests like wow, i would really be disappointed because Quantity doesn't mean Quality.

Square enix is a QUALITY company, blizzard is a quantity focus company, that is why their graphic are usually horrible low quality to put more quantity contents.

and SE, just basically make the unique and best graphic in this world and their story are QUALITY.

Seriously, if they really just throw a page up describe the quest instead of adding dialog and cutscenes, i might as well quit. I am not here to play wow-XIV.

Edited, Feb 28th 2011 2:09am by wrongfeifong

Edited, Feb 28th 2011 2:10am by wrongfeifong


lol they really showed us quality with XIV, :D

#13 Feb 28 2011 at 4:09 PM Rating: Default
*
219 posts
Quality doesn't mean game play or contents.

It is ART, MUSIC, and others things.

First of all, FFXIV is an international game.

Let me ask you a question, do you know that japanese windows doesn't use \ but use a yen symbol?
how is this related? Well think of it this way, you are considering making a game to be comparable in all SYSTEM, include, chinese version win7, english win 7 and japanese win 7. No, this isn't just about turning on localization in control panel.

Anyone living in asia can tell you straight off that, US win7 won't run some Japanese Win 7 programs.
Now let me ask you, you think the SE developers only have to worry about the coding for japanese win7 only? No, they have to make sure it works WORLDWIDE.

Making a program is easy, but when you correcting it, it is much more harder consider one line might work here but not there.

Blizzard have it easy. They just released the game for US win 7, and it took nearly 3 years after to release to chinese players because of translations and all.

But SE fFXIV release to ALL people at the same time, meaning japanese and english language.

Is FFXIV really about quality? your thinking is just too simple.


Now, let's consider other things, you notice that movenment and the 3D rendering is out of the world? Can you really find similar graphic in other games? These are also the quality of FFXIV.

But i personally felt they rush through it because SE isn't blizzard. They don't have the time to give you a release 10-12 years length of time.
#14 Feb 28 2011 at 4:34 PM Rating: Decent
*
176 posts
wrongfeifong wrote:


Well let's look at it this way,

Blizzard takes 5 years to release 1 games... actually starcraft to starcraft 2 ...how many years? 10? or 12 ? Sure they have quality in turn of stability, if they don't they should pack up and go home. In 10 years. The saddiest point of the whole process is, Starcraft 2 play exactly like starcrat 1. What is the differences? Of course, you have quality. If starcraft is quality them, starcraft 2 would be quality enough because it is just a port over.

However, can you say the same with FFXIV to FFXI? Can you really say FFXIV is a port over of FFXI?

Now let's look at FF, I believe when starcraft released, FF8 or FF9 released, yes there is quantity but the quality of a FF 10, FFX-2,11,12,13,14... are increasing. While starcrat 2...still look and play the same as starcraft 2. I think blizzard is just lazy and exploiting the American's taste.

I mean look at FF12 vs FF13, can you tell me you are not amazed by the quality in term of graphic and story indepth and game play against pervious FF12? It is complete different as well. Yet, blizzard choose to release games in similar quality and add some more features.

Let's look at Diablo 3, Heck, it look like darkstone or even never winter night which is a game i played 10 years ago. Blizzard are really lazy aren't they?

They can fool you, but they can't fool me, i am not here to playing diablo 2-2. or starcraft 1-2




Edited, Feb 28th 2011 5:00pm by wrongfeifong


I wouldn't say FFXIV is an exact port over of FFXI, but you have to concede the fact that it does borrow heavily in many aspects i.e. the three starting nations, the five races, many monster models look like high-res FFXI monsters (goblins, flan, raptors etc). Not to mention they're already recycling lore (talking about the Far East.)

I much prefer FFXII to FFXIII, and I didn't even like FFXII that much. Yeah, FFXIII might look nicer, but that's about the only thing it has going for it, in my opinion. And that's the problem with this argument, we're both arguing opinions that are completely subjective. If Blizzard is lazy, so is S-E, since the success of their company is owed to blatantly copying from everyone else (FF1, which saved the company, copied DQ, FFXI, whose success is the reason we have FFXIV now, copied EQ.) Let's not forget about the endless stream of ports and remakes.

Also, StarCraft is immensely more popular in South Korea than it is in American, if Blizzard would try to exploit anybody's taste, it would be theirs.

And they're not fooling me, I don't play WoW or StarCraft.


Edited, Feb 28th 2011 3:35pm by superdupernuker
____________________________


#15 Feb 28 2011 at 4:38 PM Rating: Default
6 posts
wrongfeifong wrote:
Quality doesn't mean game play or contents.

It is ART, MUSIC, and others things.

First of all, FFXIV is an international game.

Let me ask you a question, do you know that japanese windows doesn't use \ but use a yen symbol?
how is this related? Well think of it this way, you are considering making a game to be comparable in all SYSTEM, include, chinese version win7, english win 7 and japanese win 7. No, this isn't just about turning on localization in control panel.

Anyone living in asia can tell you straight off that, US win7 won't run some Japanese Win 7 programs.
Now let me ask you, you think the SE developers only have to worry about the coding for japanese win7 only? No, they have to make sure it works WORLDWIDE.

Making a program is easy, but when you correcting it, it is much more harder consider one line might work here but not there.
But SE fFXIV release to ALL people at the same time, meaning japanese and english language.


so it is okay they sell us a product in the way it was realesed ,because of programing issues , so it is my fault cuz i want to play this game,and i am selfish for not being cosiderate to their difficulties :(
wrongfeifong wrote:
Blizzard have it easy. They just released the game for US win 7, and it took nearly 3 years after to release to chinese players because of translations and all.

Is FFXIV really about quality? your thinking is just too simple.


Now, let's consider other things, you notice that movenment and the 3D rendering is out of the world? Can you really find similar graphic in other games? These are also the quality of FFXIV.

But i personally felt they rush through it because SE isn't blizzard. They don't have the time to give you a release 10-12 years length of time.

and acording to ur first paragraph we are not playing games just want to watch shiny graphics,so maybe i should watch HD fotage of the game with background music while u forget the most important part of video game which is FUN.
and it is always easy for blizzard they created the easiest game in the world in the easiest manner while SE should have my sympathy cuz they have to deal with this difficulties again wt selfish ******* am i :( .
#16 Feb 28 2011 at 6:12 PM Rating: Good
*
130 posts
ViKtoricus wrote:
When World Quests arrive... will levequests and behests STILL be your primary source of skill points and/or additional gils?


Yes but when I don't have time, not feel like or don't have time, I will enjoy starting quests and look forward to finish them, irrespective of the reward. Some of the FFXI were very fun and some were just a time sink. I hope just hope they can find a blance between those two because I don't mind spending one or two hours on a quest if it's fun and immersive.

Edited, Mar 1st 2011 4:42am by Carmillia
____________________________

yfaithfully wrote:
To add to those, if you can get this DeLorean up to 88 MPH, you'll be able to play this game in 2019 when they've finally implemented mounts.

#17 Feb 28 2011 at 6:23 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
superdupernuker wrote:

I think you have that backwards. This is the 14th main entry of S-E's flagship franchise, whereas Blizzard just barely released the sequel to StarCraft last year, and hopefully we'll be getting Diablo 3 this year. They take their time to make sure what they release is quality. If anyone is putting quantity over quality, it's S-E.


While its true SE stock price dropped in recent times (dropped by about $42 to $18 in the last 4 years), its quality has never been an issue. In fact SE is so successful that I don't even know where these rumors come about that the company is in financial trouble. There could be many reason for the merger when Enix joined Square Soft, which is when these rumors came about. And while SE does put out a lot of games, say a Final Fantasy title per 3 years on average (until recently, they've been releasing them like rabies Smiley: confused) you don't really think that Blizzard sits there on a game for 6, 7 years to perfect it do you? lol. As long as a game is in development its expending money, so when Blizzard creates a game they get a start date and an end date and that is that and trust me the time period will barely be any different than what SE spends on its games. There is no "time for perfection"...you either execute well on your first attempt or you're in big trouble. Most of the time SE does this well enough - Blizzard does too...however, as we have seen, even the big boys can slip up and the result is FFXIV.
____________________________
MUTED
#18 Feb 28 2011 at 9:31 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
200 posts
The quests will be moot though if they don't involve some kind of fame or value other than gil. The last thing I need is another 10k gil at this point. Give me something to do the quests for and I will be a happy camper. If I am farming 10 Dormouse Pelts +3 to hand in to an NPC I'll lose my mind. This game has been PETA's worst nightmare since launch. Still love it though lol.
#19 Mar 01 2011 at 2:08 AM Rating: Decent
SE's main fall down was the company director s**t a brick when he found out the release dates for Cataclysm and Rift and then had a knee jerk reaction to release FFXIV too early.

I think the biggest distinction between Blizzard and SE is SE have admitted they were wrong, I doubt Blizzard would have done the same. FFXIV may turn out to be the best thing that has happened to SE, its turning them from a Japanese company to a world wide one, in the sense of communication to its Western playerbase which never happened before now.
#20 Mar 02 2011 at 12:07 AM Rating: Decent
*
108 posts
[quote=wrongfeifong]Quality doesn't mean game play or contents.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL what customer expectations are coming to in the new gaming world.

"Coming Next Year ..... November..... A GAME with HORRID gameplay and NO content.... But QUALITY that will rock your world.... Brace Yourself for the awesome pwnage. shtbrix2012"

cmon guys buy it it's ***************

/fanboyism

don't need good game play or content to like it.... just graphics and a title, maybe a story.

.... yeah i'm still playin...

Edited, Mar 2nd 2011 1:08am by klooste8

Edited, Mar 2nd 2011 1:28am by klooste8

Edited, Mar 2nd 2011 1:36am by klooste8
____________________________


#21 Mar 02 2011 at 1:34 AM Rating: Good
*
182 posts
rfolkker wrote:
TerraSonicX wrote:
wrongfeifong wrote:


FFXIV quests are all filled with cutscenes. This is their trademark. Just like FFXI.



That's not completely true, most quests in FFXI had just dialogue, not cutscenes.

If that is true, then they pulled off a good one in 11, because the Cutscenes are what I remember from 11, the dialog was part of it, but from the second you started 11, you were greeted by a cutscene that started you off on your very first worthless quest of fun. Deliver a worthless note to some random NPC you will never talk to again. But in doing so, they introduced you to some of the characters that would play an important part in the development of the story to the end of the game (storyline wise).


I think you're confused, what you described was a mission(story quest) and those did have cutscenes. The quests were the stuff that involved bringing an old man back a bone chip to get a map. That was all dialogue based.
____________________________
?
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 26 All times are in CST
Heero1447, Anonymous Guests (25)