Clicky to Lodestone patch notes
- More than several sidequests have been added.
When all of the prerequisite conditions for undertaking a sidequest have been met, an exclamation point (!) icon will appear over the head of the NPC offering it. While on a sidequest, this icon will also appear above NPCs to whom you must speak to in order to progress. The icon will also appear at NPC locations on the map and minimap.
* Enemies defeated as part of a sidequest do not yield skill points, experience points, or loot.
* The term "sidequests" is the new official designation for what was previously referred to as "miniquests" in several Letter from the Producer posts.
- After completing synthesis of an item requested by a local levequest, it is now possible to immediately begin synthesis of another of the same item without having to access the "Requested Item" interface.
- Local levequests have undergone the following changes.
Players can now choose from among the suggested rank categories of 1–, 20–, and 40– from the local levequest accept/refuse interface.
* Suitably ranked local levequests are now more readily available.
* When levequests of the same name are available at the same time for different ranks, only one may be selected.
The amount of skill and experience points attainable via local levequests has been reduced.
The names and objectives of several levequests have been changed. (see table below)
- The recommended ranks of a number of levequests have been changed to address disparities between the synthesis rank of their requested items and the approximate rank needed to reach the associated aetheryte.
* Requested items have also been adjusted to reflect the new levequest ranks.
View a complete list of levequest rank changes.
The recipes for items synthesized on local levequests will no longer be displayed under the Recipes tab.
* Recipes displayed under the Recipes tab prior to the release of patch 1.16 will remain.
- The size of certain enemies has been adjusted.
* Changes in size have no effect on an enemy's attributes or toughness.
- An icon has been added to hostile enemies to distinguish them from non-hostile enemies.
* Hostile enemies are those that will attack PCs unprovoked.
- Non-hostile enemies that previously followed or fled from a PC when approached no longer do so.
- The names of the following enemies have been changed:
Peridot Doblyn → Heliodor Doblyn
Guivre (in certain areas) → Branded Drake
- The HP values of the following enemies have been increased.
Cavernulous Coblyn / Copper Coblyn / Corroded Coblyn / Chitinous Coblyn / Diaphanous Doblyn / Heliodor Doblyn / Iron Coblyn / Lead Coblyn / Quartz Doblyn / Sphene Doblyn
- The following enemies no longer suffer damage when using the Cluster Geyser ability.
Diaphanous Doblyn / Heliodor Doblyn / Quartz Doblyn / Sphene Doblyn
- MP now automatically regenerates while in passive mode.
- The recast timers for the following abilities have been reduced from 60 seconds to 30 seconds.
Dowse / Dowse II / Dowse III / Dowse IV / Dowse V / Prospect / Prospect II / Prospect III / Prospect IV / Prospect V / Triangulate / Triangulate II / Triangulate III / Triangulate IV / Triangulate V
- The Steadfast status no longer wears off as a result of slight movements.
- When the optimal class or optimal rank for a piece of equipped gear is met, that item's condition will deteriorate at a reduced rate. If both values are met, the deterioration rate will be slowed even further.
- The condition (%) at which a piece of gear inflicts a player with the Gear Damage status has been reduced from 50% to 35%.
- Repair materials for the following items have been changed:
Frayed Cotton Doublet Vest (Velveteen Fent) → Cotton Fent
- Graphics have been changed for the following items when equipped:
Bronze Needle / Iron Needle / Steel Needle / Hedgemole Needle / Thousand Needle
- Certain items have undergone the following changes:
The degree of difficulty for the following synthesis recipes has been adjusted:
Canvas Half Apron (Black) Rank 11–20 → Rank 21–30
Steel Plate Rank 21–30 → Rank 31–40
Siltstone Wheel Rank 11–20 → Rank 21–30
- Cursor functionality for the synthesis interface has been adjusted.
- Navigation from the Requested Items interface when beginning synthesis has been adjusted.
- The clock text command now displays the following information:
Countdown timer for Guardian's Favor
- 3-D effects displayed when a new rank or level is obtained have undergone the following changes:
Effects will no longer overlap with other on-screen elements
Display size has been increased.
Display time has been lengthened.
- The status icon interface is now outlined in blue when moused over for ease of viewing.
- Targeting can now also be done in the following ways:
← and → keys
Clicking on a target's display name
- Camera distance settings can now be adjusted while locked onto a target.
- Targeting modes that cycle through only specific target types can now be enabled when using a gamepad.
Targeting modes can be selected by using the ↑ and ↓ keys, or the up and down directional buttons mapped to Target/Menu Navigation on a gamepad.
- The Journal has undergone the following changes:
Current quests, sidequests, regional levequests, and local levequests are now all displayed on a single list.
Numbers representing the currently underway and maximum possible number of quests and guildleves are now displayed.
A Sidequests category has been added to the list of completed quests.
- The log auto-hide feature now becomes temporarily inactive while the Configuration » Chat Log » Font Color settings are open.
- Retainers can now be summoned even when placed in other locations.
* Summoned retainers cannot be sent back to their previous location.
* Retainers operating stands will have their stand closed upon being summoned.
- The following new entries have been added to the in-game multilingual dictionary:
Category Entry Game Terms Leve Sharing Game Terms Leve Link Game Terms Markets Game Terms Regional Levequest Game Terms Local Levequest Game Terms Item Game Terms Support Desk Game Terms Physical Bonus Game Terms Recipes Game Terms Item Search Game Terms Notorious Monster Game Terms Emote Game Terms Behest Game Terms Anima
- Item search results now display a "new icon" next to the names of retainers selling the item being searched for by the stack.
- Certain enemy mark icons have been changed.
- Icons of certain items and actions, which can be obtained by exchanging with guild token, have been changed.
- The emote list now displays the text command for each emote.
- The following changes have been made to increase the pace of gathering:
Opening and ending actions sped up
Off hand action animations sped up
- Gamepads now support the following functionality:
Use the gamepad Target/Menu Navigation buttons while holding the Main Menu button.
Camera Distance Settings
Use the gamepad Camera contorls while holding the Auto-run button. Press up to zoom the camera in, and down to zoom out.
- Multi-character collision has been removed entirely.
- Lalafell hair style #4 has been modified.
- The following bugs have been addressed:
A bug wherein pressing the End key caused the camera to revert to default settings.
A bug wherein the name of a PC to whom a /tell was sent was appearing in the multi-lingual dictionary's Audience entry.
A bug wherein guildleve details displayed before and after accepting a levequest were not consistent.
A bug wherein target enemies would spawn repeatedly on the levequest Necrologos: Levinshower.
A bug wherein players are able to participate in Behest with more than 16 players and there could be time where they are unable to make an advancement.
A bug wherein the wind attack attribute for the throwing weapons Bronze Azagai and Iron Azagai was displayed as 0%.
A bug wherein the head slot items Weathered Spectacles (Black), and Weathered Spectacles (Green) were mislabeled as being Unique.
A bug wherein execution of the gladiator action Rage of Halone could be canceled once selected.
A bug wherein the bomb of an enemy's Titan's Anger ability would appear immediately in front of the targeted PC.
A bug wherein enemy graphics were not displaying properly after using the Explosion ability.
A bug wherein enemy graphics were not displaying properly after defeating a PC using the Surge ability.
- PC display names shook significantly during movement.
* During downhill movement, display names moved up and down in a blinking manner, but interpolating measures have addressed this issue.
- The main scenario quest “Never the Twain Shall Meet” cannot be advanced when the skip option is selected during a cutscene.
* The quest advances normally when the skip option is not selected.
- When the party leader leaves the instanced battle area during the main scenario quest “Toll of the Warden,” party members remaining in the instance and engaging in combat are unable to advance.
* Should a party leader exit, remaining party members are asked to also leave the instance to prevent this.
- When accepting the local guildleve "World-weary Soles," it sometimes appears in a different recommended rank category than the actual one.
- On the sidequest “Have You Seen My Son,” the item White Ash cannot be obtained from bomb embers that die as a result of their own Explosion ability.
Edited, Mar 3rd 2011 1:21pm by Osarion