Forum Settings
       
1 2 3 Next »
This Forum is Read Only

Patch 1.16 has Arrived!Follow

#102 Mar 03 2011 at 9:27 PM Rating: Excellent
**
800 posts
JDMFG wrote:
So many changes coming....

for all those who are crying about change little here
and
little there. boy you have got no idea.

when Y.P. said Overhaul, he means OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVERHAUL.

For now i'm just watching this game very closely.
When the time is right i will come back. Make no mistake this game is gonna be amazing once
Y.P is done with it.

he only began to put the tires and wheel on this game, the chassis and engine bay is still empty.


I actually wouldn't call anything in this patch an overhaul. We got additions (quests), UI adjustments (crafting, targeting, aggro icons), balance adjustments (mob HP, crafting SP, etc.), and some random adjustments (mob size/behavior). The game still plays the same, just a bit more efficiently.
#103 Mar 03 2011 at 9:29 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
179 posts
am starting to think, no mater witch direction they want to go, they are doing there best to fail at.

i did 3 quests so far, and they are by far the worst quests i ever done in my MMO life, click on NPC> enter>enter>enter> accept> open map> kill (4-8) mobs> go back.

no SP and a reword that you throw away, so what's the difference from guildleve? at least i get SP from guildleve even if there is no item reword.
____________________________
#104 Mar 03 2011 at 9:29 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*****
12,707 posts
Hydragyrum wrote:
The game still plays the same, just a bit more efficiently.


Yep, and once everything is running efficiently then we'll start seeing said overhauls.
____________________________

#105 Mar 03 2011 at 9:35 PM Rating: Decent
**
800 posts
daour wrote:
am starting to think, no mater witch direction they want to go, they are doing there best to fail at.

i did 3 quests so far, and they are by far the worst quests i ever done in my MMO life, click on NPC> enter>enter>enter> accept> open map> kill (4-8) mobs> go back.

no SP and a reword that you throw away, so what's the difference from guildleve? at least i get SP from guildleve even if there is no item reword.


The problem is that your expecting the quests to be something they're not. The quests are basically just for lore. You clearly spammed through the lore part and so missed out on the whole point of the quests.

I'm not saying I agree with the (essentially) reward-less quests, but that's the fact of the matter. Spamming through the text is like accepting a rank 1 guild leve at rank 30 and complaining you didn't get any SP. If you want rewards and SP, do guildleves and behest. If you want lore, do quests. If you want to complain, come to ZAM. :)
#106 Mar 04 2011 at 12:31 AM Rating: Good
*
212 posts
Some stuff not mentioned:

-Before 1.16 all 3 DoL classes shared the same global cooldown for their respective node searching abilities. Arbor Call, Lay of the Land, and Gulleye shared a global cool down, this is no longer the case. Each of the 3 DoL classes have their own global cool down, so you can use Gulleye on Fisher, switch to botanist and use Arbor call instantly after. Same thing applies to the speed buffs.

-Repeating a recipe has been reduced by 2 confirm buttons, down from 6. You will push ~200 less confirm buttons for every 100 synths.

-Some windows have been changed or completely removed from the crafting system.

-Various buff/debuff icons have been changed, as well as macro icons.
____________________________
FFXIV Uploads.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PL974569AC1627A3C5
#107 Mar 04 2011 at 12:40 AM Rating: Good
10 posts
Mistress Theonehio wrote:
KojiroSoma wrote:

Part of the fun of having a new MMO is exploring and learning. Not being told what to kill, what to avoid and how to do just about everything moments after setting foot outside of the city. Following that by reducing SP to keep us playing longer isnt really how you make us happy.


Yep, but those who don't care about this will complain, have their complaints heard and well..here we go.

I mean really...

An Ogre? What kind of Ogre do you know of that isn't aggressive? Even Shrek was ***** the first time people met him.

You do indeed learn (sometimes the hard way) what is and isn't aggressive, like stepping into Ru`Aun Gardens, a beautiful place. You step out of the center or cast magic? You got gangbanged. Lesson learned.



I played ffxi as well, that's all the experience I love and misses all the hard work to get an item that I can show off.
It's an mmo not a single player game, I don't want everyone to pretty much the same dungeon gear. And learning is part of the fun and the challenge. I don't want to be handed items and a hand to tell me exactly what to do. That's what it's an MMO! There are people there to do it with you!

Hydragyrum wrote:
JDMFG wrote:
So many changes coming....

for all those who are crying about change little here
and
little there. boy you have got no idea.

when Y.P. said Overhaul, he means OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVERHAUL.

For now i'm just watching this game very closely.
When the time is right i will come back. Make no mistake this game is gonna be amazing once
Y.P is done with it.

he only began to put the tires and wheel on this game, the chassis and engine bay is still empty.


I actually wouldn't call anything in this patch an overhaul. We got additions (quests), UI adjustments (crafting, targeting, aggro icons), balance adjustments (mob HP, crafting SP, etc.), and some random adjustments (mob size/behavior). The game still plays the same, just a bit more efficiently.


Who said I was talking about just this patch? Lol This match is nothing compare to what is coming lol. Not even close! It's like YP just brought out his paint and brush. And about to start painting away


#108 Mar 04 2011 at 7:08 AM Rating: Decent
14 posts
Why give us mp regen? Why not? Some people don't play with the leves all the time. I will if I have em but I'll go a week sometimes without touching one. As a puglist it'll be nice because I can use my MP skills without worrying about the pot eventually running dry.
____________________________

#109 Mar 04 2011 at 9:05 AM Rating: Good
*
68 posts
CeeVandross wrote:
Why give us mp regen? Why not? Some people don't play with the leves all the time. I will if I have em but I'll go a week sometimes without touching one. As a puglist it'll be nice because I can use my MP skills without worrying about the pot eventually running dry.


Exactly why I appreciate the mp regen. Sure on magic classes you have those mp regen abilities, but on non magic classes, you don't.

And as for the aggro icon, I love it. I hate walking up to a new mob and wondering whether it's aggressive, then coming to either zam or yg and finding out whether its aggressive or not to avoid a death and long run back.
#110 Mar 04 2011 at 11:03 AM Rating: Decent
1 post
It all sounds good, except for the crafting nerf.

I dislike the mindless grind of crafting but wouldn't want a char without a crafting base =(
#111 Mar 04 2011 at 11:36 AM Rating: Default
I don't understand why they would make changes like little aggro icons without a poll question first. They have that ability now, and it is working wonderfully whenever they use it. It's just embarrassing now that all forums are full of dislike of the aggro identifier. Oh Well.
____________________________


#112 Mar 04 2011 at 12:52 PM Rating: Good
*
86 posts
VezziDragonsamurai wrote:
I don't understand why they would make changes like little aggro icons without a poll question first. They have that ability now, and it is working wonderfully whenever they use it. It's just embarrassing now that all forums are full of dislike of the aggro identifier. Oh Well.


If they ask us in a poll if we want markers or if we do not want them instead odf asking us IMPORTANT questions i would quit.

Polls are for important **** not stupid **** like markers. People ***** about everything so im glad SE is listening to IMPORTANT stuff first and letting the babies be babies... markers? REALLY? WoW.
#113 Mar 04 2011 at 2:36 PM Rating: Excellent
5 posts
Hydragyrum wrote:
daour wrote:
am starting to think, no mater witch direction they want to go, they are doing there best to fail at.

i did 3 quests so far, and they are by far the worst quests i ever done in my MMO life, click on NPC> enter>enter>enter> accept> open map> kill (4-8) mobs> go back.

no SP and a reword that you throw away, so what's the difference from guildleve? at least i get SP from guildleve even if there is no item reword.


The problem is that your expecting the quests to be something they're not. The quests are basically just for lore. You clearly spammed through the lore part and so missed out on the whole point of the quests.

I'm not saying I agree with the (essentially) reward-less quests, but that's the fact of the matter. Spamming through the text is like accepting a rank 1 guild leve at rank 30 and complaining you didn't get any SP. If you want rewards and SP, do guildleves and behest. If you want lore, do quests. If you want to complain, come to ZAM. :)


This is my biggest complaint. It's a step in the right direction, for sure. Yes, we get some story. But I feel like they made it harder than it had to be. One quest requires you to go out and kill squirrels to get a certain kind of nut, to help people sleep. Thats all dandy, but why is it a "quest specific" squirrel? All grouped in a massive bunch? With no sp or exp? All they had to do was add a rare-ex nut to an existing mob. That way, not only do you go hunting for it if you get the quest, but you also may just be fighting and find this nut, and then have to figure out what to do with it. I understand this is a very XI way of questing, but, I mean... If it's not broke, don't fix it. I did a couple quests, and didn't really feel all that immersed the way they are. These mobs that seem like normal mobs are part of the environment, but still obviously separate... I read the story, I did the objective... I don't know. It just didn't feel right. Like I said, step in the right direction, but I can't help but think I'm not the only one feeling this way.

I'm not worried about rewards... They'll get better, they'll quest-lines will come out with rare ex rewards (that you may not even need but at some point just want to do it for a trophy), I'm sure of it... I'm staying optimistic... Everything else seems good.
____________________________

#114 Mar 04 2011 at 3:18 PM Rating: Good
**
291 posts
Jerynh wrote:
Thats all dandy, but why is it a "quest specific" squirrel? All grouped in a massive bunch? With no sp or exp? All they had to do was add a rare-ex nut to an existing mob. That way, not only do you go hunting for it if you get the quest, but you also may just be fighting and find this nut, and then have to figure out what to do with it.


I very much would like to see this too. I completely understand the current type of quest when it's like pirates have taken over the dock...I wish someone would do something about that because the quest lore is based around location to a high degree. But when all quests go to a mob in the same place it's a little...off. I also love finding the quest item and then figuring out who needs it.
____________________________

#115 Mar 04 2011 at 3:40 PM Rating: Decent
35 posts
Razzazzika wrote:
CeeVandross wrote:
Why give us mp regen? Why not? Some people don't play with the leves all the time. I will if I have em but I'll go a week sometimes without touching one. As a puglist it'll be nice because I can use my MP skills without worrying about the pot eventually running dry.


Exactly why I appreciate the mp regen. Sure on magic classes you have those mp regen abilities, but on non magic classes, you don't.

And as for the aggro icon, I love it. I hate walking up to a new mob and wondering whether it's aggressive, then coming to either zam or yg and finding out whether its aggressive or not to avoid a death and long run back.


Aside from the base mp recharges THM and CON get you can use the others they get on any other class and was already more excessive (plus can recharge at ANY camp every 10 mins and there's ALWAYS one pretty close by). I'm not totally AGAINST mp refresh but jesus I can refill 1k mp in about 20 secs or less standing still, its HORRIBLE atm and makes a easy game already easier and makes previous said abilities pointless now. Much balancing needed indeed, hope Yoshi-P has a plan to go with this insanity o.O
#116 Mar 06 2011 at 10:45 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
787 posts
I have a few questions about the patch and the future roadmap for game design.

* Any details on the so called mana regen in passive mode? Are we talking about a point or two of SP per minute or something more useful?

* Also has there been any discussed roadmaps of revamping the entire magic system in general to make it more Final Fantasy-ish? Why are the two magic jobs seem like a mish-mash of spell jobs? Why does it seem that the magic system in FFXIV feel like a giant step backwards in game design?

* Now for the healing system. Are healers just AoE spam heal machines? Other game systems have all sorts of interesting ways of self/team/raid healing and enhancements to aid the healing process. Again it feels like the healing system in FFXIV is a giant step backward in game design?

* Now for the leveling, is there a roadblock at a certain level where soloing becomes impossible and you're forced to team? Or worse, as a mage you're forced to take the role of a healer instead of DPS?
#117 Mar 06 2011 at 1:30 PM Rating: Good
35 posts
rubina wrote:
I have a few questions about the patch and the future roadmap for game design.

* Any details on the so called mana regen in passive mode? Are we talking about a point or two of SP per minute or something more useful?

* Also has there been any discussed roadmaps of revamping the entire magic system in general to make it more Final Fantasy-ish? Why are the two magic jobs seem like a mish-mash of spell jobs? Why does it seem that the magic system in FFXIV feel like a giant step backwards in game design?

* Now for the healing system. Are healers just AoE spam heal machines? Other game systems have all sorts of interesting ways of self/team/raid healing and enhancements to aid the healing process. Again it feels like the healing system in FFXIV is a giant step backward in game design?

* Now for the leveling, is there a roadblock at a certain level where soloing becomes impossible and you're forced to team? Or worse, as a mage you're forced to take the role of a healer instead of DPS?


~Already stated lots throughout this thread including the post I made JUST above you...

~They are already doing 'battle patches' every 2 months starting now according to a recent interview which will include classic final fantasy naming (not replacing old ones, they have a couple diff idea's going) But they def want to get back to the FF feel AND make all classes more unique as well as clean everything up^^

~There's lots of tool, just gotta rank up and do it on more then just your one class kinda like lv'in subjobs from FF 11. Not perfect though but again it's being worked on for these battle patches coming out!

~No roadblock... easy to solo to 50, even though the mobs people used to solo to 50 most effectively just got nerfed this last patch. So here's hoping people actually explore and kill other things (especially with no forced grouping in place)... coblyns or doblyns from 20-50 = no thanks. Didn't we kill enough of the same mobs in FF 11 while level'in? :P *cough* crabs *cough*
#118 Mar 06 2011 at 1:51 PM Rating: Good
*
182 posts
MishaNevarian wrote:

~No roadblock... easy to solo to 50, even though the mobs people used to solo to 50 most effectively just got nerfed this last patch. So here's hoping people actually explore and kill other things (especially with no forced grouping in place)... coblyns or doblyns from 20-50 = no thanks. Didn't we kill enough of the same mobs in FF 11 while level'in? :P *cough* crabs *cough*



The SP boost in patch 1.15a gave most people an incentive to go out and kill different things. Also if people really wanted to group together they would do it, that's what I see on my server. There's no need to force anyone, partying has more benefits than solo.
____________________________
?
#119 Mar 06 2011 at 2:03 PM Rating: Good
35 posts
TerraSonicX wrote:
MishaNevarian wrote:

~No roadblock... easy to solo to 50, even though the mobs people used to solo to 50 most effectively just got nerfed this last patch. So here's hoping people actually explore and kill other things (especially with no forced grouping in place)... coblyns or doblyns from 20-50 = no thanks. Didn't we kill enough of the same mobs in FF 11 while level'in? :P *cough* crabs *cough*



The SP boost in patch 1.15a gave most people an incentive to go out and kill different things. Also if people really wanted to group together they would do it, that's what I see on my server. There's no need to force anyone, partying has more benefits than solo.


Gave incentive but coblyns and doblyns were still the best in peoples mind and nothing changed, aside from leves and behests, this is how people continued to rank up for the most part. The most recent patch however buffed these lil guys (frankly now quite large xD) to prevent excessive grinding and encourage players in another direction!

Not sure why you're bringing up grouping, wasn't even listed in my quote but maybe your talking to the other guy who was just asking if solo'in was viable to 50. People will group when there is more incentive than the solo counterpart. If everyone wanted to party, but lets say mobs gave like 5% sp while ur grouped up or something utterly horrible, and there's mechanics in place that don't encourage it a ton or even a little then people just won't even if they want to (for the most part).
#120 Mar 06 2011 at 2:10 PM Rating: Good
*
182 posts
MishaNevarian wrote:
TerraSonicX wrote:
MishaNevarian wrote:

~No roadblock... easy to solo to 50, even though the mobs people used to solo to 50 most effectively just got nerfed this last patch. So here's hoping people actually explore and kill other things (especially with no forced grouping in place)... coblyns or doblyns from 20-50 = no thanks. Didn't we kill enough of the same mobs in FF 11 while level'in? :P *cough* crabs *cough*



The SP boost in patch 1.15a gave most people an incentive to go out and kill different things. Also if people really wanted to group together they would do it, that's what I see on my server. There's no need to force anyone, partying has more benefits than solo.


Gave incentive but coblyns and doblyns were still the best in peoples mind and nothing changed, aside from leves and behests, this is how people continued to rank up for the most part. The most recent patch however buffed these lil guys (frankly now quite large xD) to prevent excessive grinding and encourage players in another direction!

Not sure why you're bringing up grouping, wasn't even listed in my quote but maybe your talking to the other guy who was just asking if solo'in was viable to 50. People will group when there is more incentive than the solo counterpart. If everyone wanted to party, but lets say mobs gave like 5% sp while ur grouped up or something utterly horrible, and there's mechanics in place that don't encourage it a ton or even a little then people just won't even if they want to (for the most part).



You were talking about how there isn't any force grouping in this game, I bolded it for you. Also you do get bonuses when you group together, during behests, levequests, and plain ol' grinding too. Your members just have to be around +5/-10 ranks each other.

EDIT: Read this about group SP: http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=129825896925054776&page=1

Edited, Mar 6th 2011 3:11pm by TerraSonicX
____________________________
?
#121 Mar 06 2011 at 2:23 PM Rating: Good
35 posts
TerraSonicX wrote:
MishaNevarian wrote:
TerraSonicX wrote:
MishaNevarian wrote:

~No roadblock... easy to solo to 50, even though the mobs people used to solo to 50 most effectively just got nerfed this last patch. So here's hoping people actually explore and kill other things (especially with no forced grouping in place)... coblyns or doblyns from 20-50 = no thanks. Didn't we kill enough of the same mobs in FF 11 while level'in? :P *cough* crabs *cough*



The SP boost in patch 1.15a gave most people an incentive to go out and kill different things. Also if people really wanted to group together they would do it, that's what I see on my server. There's no need to force anyone, partying has more benefits than solo.


Gave incentive but coblyns and doblyns were still the best in peoples mind and nothing changed, aside from leves and behests, this is how people continued to rank up for the most part. The most recent patch however buffed these lil guys (frankly now quite large xD) to prevent excessive grinding and encourage players in another direction!

Not sure why you're bringing up grouping, wasn't even listed in my quote but maybe your talking to the other guy who was just asking if solo'in was viable to 50. People will group when there is more incentive than the solo counterpart. If everyone wanted to party, but lets say mobs gave like 5% sp while ur grouped up or something utterly horrible, and there's mechanics in place that don't encourage it a ton or even a little then people just won't even if they want to (for the most part).



You were talking about how there isn't any force grouping in this game, I bolded it for you. Also you do get bonuses when you group together, during behests, levequests, and plain ol' grinding too. Your members just have to be around +5/-10 ranks each other.

EDIT: Read this about group SP: http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=129825896925054776&page=1

Edited, Mar 6th 2011 3:11pm by TerraSonicX


What I was stating there was that most people solo or duo grind and that you can in fact solo to 50. Stating 'no forced grouping' in place was answering him/her that they can in fact rank up to cap solo. Cause if they couldn't then yes that would mean there's forced grouping at some point! Make sense? :P

I know all about the bonus' right down to the exact amounts lost per pt member, easy stuff to figure out...to put it very simply I guess you could say I was saying 'There's no point grouping if there's not much reason to go for it or if it doesn't have significant advantages'. But again think you got turned around by what you quoted and took it out of context so I'm sure you can see was just providing an extreme example to get you to understand the point better hehe^^ Wasn't stating a fact with the whole 5% thing xD that'd be crazy if that were in place^^ LoL


Edited, Mar 6th 2011 3:39pm by MishaNevarian
1 2 3 Next »
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 18 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (18)