Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Targeting still broken~~~bugFollow

#1 Mar 03 2011 at 8:17 PM Rating: Decent
5 posts
First great patch
SEcond I can still target friendlies when I have "enemies" highlighted at the bottom=broken

Third Oh why Oh why couldn't you fix the xbox 360 controller disconnecting when it was left idle...I mean is it too much to ask for SE.
#2 Mar 03 2011 at 8:44 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
638 posts
txlatino wrote:
Third Oh why Oh why couldn't you fix the xbox 360 controller disconnecting when it was left idle...I mean is it too much to ask for SE.


That, unfortunately, is not SE's fault, but a flaw in the way the controller works. :) Or might be a driver issue.
____________________________


#3 Mar 03 2011 at 9:17 PM Rating: Decent
5 posts
No it's not a driver issue it's a Final Fantasy XIV issue many players have already sent support tickets to SE about this...with other games you can just hit the X on the controller the Xbox symbol and the controller reconnects to the game, but with FF14 it does not....you have to quit the game and restart the game=very annoying. I would think it's not that hard to fix this and since SE is adamant about gamepad support on the PC I am very surprised they did not FIX this...shame.
#4 Mar 03 2011 at 11:14 PM Rating: Good
*
149 posts
I play with Xbox 360 wireless controller and I don't have this issue.

Edited, Mar 4th 2011 12:15am by cquintela
#5 Mar 04 2011 at 12:09 AM Rating: Good
26 posts
I play with wireless ps3 controller and don't have any targeting problem, but I do have the reconnecting issue, weird thing is, it used to work perfectly, but now I have to restart ffxiv when my controller falls asleep, pretty annoying.

Edited, Mar 4th 2011 1:11am by Scalettaxiv
#6 Mar 04 2011 at 1:15 AM Rating: Excellent
*
131 posts
I use the wired 360 controller, and have no problem with the new targeting system. Sometimes I forget what I have it set to, but thats human error.
____________________________
#7 Mar 04 2011 at 2:07 AM Rating: Good
26 posts
Quote:
No it's not a driver issue it's a Final Fantasy XIV issue many players have already sent support tickets to SE about this...with other games you can just hit the X on the controller the Xbox symbol and the controller reconnects to the game, but with FF14 it does not....you have to quit the game and restart the game=very annoying. I would think it's not that hard to fix this and since SE is adamant about gamepad support on the PC I am very surprised they did not FIX this...shame.


Just FYI try removing all usb devices besides your keyboard and mouse, ive been having this issue and it worked for me.
#8 Mar 04 2011 at 2:43 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
3,219 posts
txlatino wrote:
First great patch
SEcond I can still target friendlies when I have "enemies" highlighted at the bottom=broken

Third Oh why Oh why couldn't you fix the xbox 360 controller disconnecting when it was left idle...I mean is it too much to ask for SE.


Regarding his third problem, I used a wireless 360 controller made for PC and had the same problem. This controller had an issue where it would shut off due to the battery pack not fitting right. If you moved the controller to much it would shut off because the battery pack would move and make the controller lose power, an issue wireless PS3 controllers don't have since there's no battery pack. FFXIV didn't recognize the controller after I turned it back on. This includes after the controller would automatically shut off after it not being used for like 5-10 mins. You have to restart the entire game for the controller to be recognized again, not just log out. I've moved on to using a wired Logitech F510 I bought from amazon for $15 when it was on sale and everything works fine now. It's like a PS3 and 360 controller merged together and works great for PC games.
____________________________

#9 Mar 04 2011 at 3:22 AM Rating: Decent
**
589 posts
I had to switch to using a Logitec too. No big deal I guess, it's just a pain having to switch from Logitec for Final Fantasy play to my 360 one to play the likes of Darksiders or DiRT2 as they recognise the 360 but not the Logitec (and you can also reconnect to these games without having to restart).
____________________________
Solomon Grundy | Born on a Monday | Excalibur Server | Abyss: Welcome to a Higher Quality of Nerding™
#10 Mar 04 2011 at 5:08 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,506 posts
You're forgetting the most important bug about targeting right now.

Your target's name and HP disappears whenever you're casting and remains hidden till you reselect it with a spell.
(Only to have it disappear right after again when you execute that spell)
____________________________
[XI] Surivere of Valefor
[XIV] Sir Surian Bedivere of Behemoth
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2401553/
#11 Mar 04 2011 at 5:31 AM Rating: Decent
5 posts
Now that were on the targeting issue....is there a way to target one Enemy and even before it's dead or almost dead...move on to another enemy because I hate having to disengage the enemy before targeting the next one....

Example:

I'm targeting an enemy and I'm engaging him with arrows...

He's almost dead...

I quickly switch to another target before killing the first one...


But I can't it won't let me unless I disengage...

Do you guys understand please help...

and the controller issue....I love using this controlller all your fixes don't work
I think SE needs to look into this because I'm not the only one it's happening too and
I have rechargeable batteries and even on full charge this still happens.
#12 Mar 04 2011 at 8:16 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
3,219 posts
txlatino wrote:
Now that were on the targeting issue....is there a way to target one Enemy and even before it's dead or almost dead...move on to another enemy because I hate having to disengage the enemy before targeting the next one....

Example:

I'm targeting an enemy and I'm engaging him with arrows...

He's almost dead...

I quickly switch to another target before killing the first one...


But I can't it won't let me unless I disengage...

Do you guys understand please help...

and the controller issue....I love using this controlller all your fixes don't work
I think SE needs to look into this because I'm not the only one it's happening too and
I have rechargeable batteries and even on full charge this still happens.


You can hit whatever button you have set to Cancel until you aren't targeting anything anymore. After that you can move to the next mob. You action bar has to be gone as well.

As for your controller, it isn't the battery charge. It's the connection from the pack that's holding the batteries and the controller itself. If for a second the connection between the 2 is interrupted for any reason, the controller shuts off. This has been a problem with 360 controllers since the 360 was released. While this is a problem with the controller, I see no reason that the game shouldn't be able to relocate the controller once you turn it back on. It's an annoying problem that I haven't seen in any other PC game that allows you to use a controller.
____________________________

This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 21 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (21)