Forum Settings
       
This thread is locked

FFXIV Will Live. Then it will be the biggest MMO Ever Made.Follow

#102 Mar 09 2011 at 2:01 PM Rating: Good
**
317 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
If he edited out the things he said that are wrong, half this thread would be dead space.


True, I wish he could at least follow a logical progression of thought and provide proof or something to what he is talking about. Honestly they should lock this thread because it was destined to crash and burn. They should probably wait for about 10 posts then decide the quality of the post and then decide to lock it. Of course they would have to lean on the side of caution.
____________________________
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl

Carl - "Shhhh, do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness."
"That is the sound of people drowning Carl."
Carl - "That is what forgiveness sounds like, screaming and then silence."
#103 Mar 09 2011 at 2:11 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
bsphil wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Hahahaha FFXIV OUTSELLING WOW ? JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA!

Thats right up there with the miracle patch that will transform this game into something resembling an actual MMO!

SE Will never have a MMO like WOW, because they do not understand how the MMO market works it's a simple as that :)
Frankly, I'm completely content with FF MMOs filling a more niche MMO market. I loved FFXI because it wasn't like EQ/WoW/Aion/AoC/etc. If FFXI tried to replicate the traditional genre style I don't think I would've enjoyed it nearly as much. It may have cost it the market penetration that Aion or WoW has, but I've also played those MMOs and never stuck with them because they were boring.

Edited, Mar 9th 2011 1:59pm by bsphil


agreed. I'd almost rather play a niche mmo anyway. Rift, for instance, may be fun sweet shiny candy, but it will never have the feel of a FFXI; i predict i will get bored of it soon enough. My hope was that XIV would reinvent itself as a solid MMO that doesn't ape all the others out there now. (not that using what works from other MMOs is a Bad Thing. Rift has done a bangup job of evolving the genre. I just dont think that strategy works for SE)

Really looks like Yoshi is just preparing to slap all the gameplay mechanics that date back to EQ (you know, all the UI, quest, and instanced raid stuff that people refer to as "wow-clone" now) onto XIV, and i can't blame him. At this point its one of their safest bets. Personally i'd go with FFXI-2, but that's probably not realistic at this point is it?

i've been ordered by the mods to clean my apartment, and rightfully so. to the dustbuster!
____________________________
monk
dragoon
[ffxivsig]477065[/ffxivsig]
#104 Mar 09 2011 at 2:12 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
Well like I said earlier, if this thread were about how FFXIV will fail and how SE eats babies, it would have been locked. But because it is about how FFXIV will be the second coming of Christ and how the entire universe shall bow to its greatness, and how the PS3 is the greatest machine ever constructed since the dawn of man, it is unlikely to get locked due to the fact that the incoherent fanboyish rambling of the OP is still technically a "positive" one and not a "negative" one.

If anything, the thread is more likely to get locked by being off topic than because of the OP's attitude, however misguided it may be. As the admins have said before, "We don't ban for being stupid".
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#105 Mar 09 2011 at 2:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
On a somewhat related note, the Radeon 6990 was recently released, and the performance is frankly pretty staggering. 5.4 teraFLOPS, among other staggering stats in the 375W card. Comparable to a GTX 580 SLI setup.



Edited, Mar 9th 2011 2:18pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#106 Mar 09 2011 at 2:20 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
bsphil wrote:
On a somewhat related note, the Radeon 6990 was recently released, and the performance is frankly pretty staggering. 5.4 teraFLOPS, among other staggering stats in the 375W card. Comparable to a GTX 580 SLI setup.



Edited, Mar 9th 2011 2:18pm by bsphil


BUT THE PS3 IS STILL BETTER LAWL
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#107 Mar 09 2011 at 2:23 PM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
bsphil wrote:
On a somewhat related note, the Radeon 6990 was recently released, and the performance is frankly pretty staggering. 5.4 teraFLOPS, among other staggering stats in the 375W card. Comparable to a GTX 580 SLI setup.
BUT THE PS3 IS STILL BETTER LAWL
The PS3 *IS* still the superior performing machine, so long as you redefine performance as something that is unrelated to performance. Let's face it, you have to open up the case and put the card in, THEN install drivers. You don't have to do that for a ps3, you just buy it, and it works. Therefore, the ps3 performs better.

And if you can follow that logic, you can see why FFXIV will outsell WoW. You just need to redefine "outsell" to something that can apply to FFXIV rather than it "having more subscribers than WoW".



Edited, Mar 9th 2011 2:25pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#108 Mar 09 2011 at 2:29 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
bsphil wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
bsphil wrote:
On a somewhat related note, the Radeon 6990 was recently released, and the performance is frankly pretty staggering. 5.4 teraFLOPS, among other staggering stats in the 375W card. Comparable to a GTX 580 SLI setup.
BUT THE PS3 IS STILL BETTER LAWL
The PS3 *IS* still the superior performing machine, so long as you redefine performance as something that is unrelated to performance. Let's face it, you have to open up the case and put the card in, THEN install drivers. You don't have to do that for a ps3, you just buy it, and it works. Therefore, the ps3 performs better.

And if you can follow that logic, you can see why FFXIV will outsell WoW. You just need to redefine "outsell" to something that can apply to FFXIV rather than it "having more subscribers than WoW".



Edited, Mar 9th 2011 2:25pm by bsphil


Well, if we assume performance means "costs less money" then obviously the PS3 performs better than a gaming PC.

And if we assume "biggest MMO ever made" means "has players who spend the most amount of time doing levequests" then FFXIV will be huge. You know how many people in WoW do levequests? Zero.

Finally, if we assume "outsell WoW" means "outsell WoW on the PS3" then all FFXIV needs to do is just sell 1 PS3 copy and that's like... way more than PS3 copies of WoW. Ever notice how no one buys WoW for anything but PC? And yet people bought FFXI on TWO OTHER CONSOLES! I mean, yeah... WoW also works on a Mac too, which I guess FFXIV doesn't really unless you install Windows on said Mac, but we'll just say that they both work on Mac, so that's even.

Bam. Knowledge'd.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#109 Mar 09 2011 at 2:37 PM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
bsphil wrote:
On a somewhat related note, the Radeon 6990 was recently released, and the performance is frankly pretty staggering. 5.4 teraFLOPS, among other staggering stats in the 375W card. Comparable to a GTX 580 SLI setup.
BUT THE PS3 IS STILL BETTER LAWL
The PS3 *IS* still the superior performing machine, so long as you redefine performance as something that is unrelated to performance. Let's face it, you have to open up the case and put the card in, THEN install drivers. You don't have to do that for a ps3, you just buy it, and it works. Therefore, the ps3 performs better.

And if you can follow that logic, you can see why FFXIV will outsell WoW. You just need to redefine "outsell" to something that can apply to FFXIV rather than it "having more subscribers than WoW".
Well, if we assume performance means "costs less money" then obviously the PS3 performs better than a gaming PC.

And if we assume "biggest MMO ever made" means "has players who spend the most amount of time doing levequests" then FFXIV will be huge. You know how many people in WoW do levequests? Zero.

Finally, if we assume "outsell WoW" means "outsell WoW on the PS3" then all FFXIV needs to do is just sell 1 PS3 copy and that's like... way more than PS3 copies of WoW. Ever notice how no one buys WoW for anything but PC? And yet people bought FFXI on TWO OTHER CONSOLES! I mean, yeah... WoW also works on a Mac too, which I guess FFXIV doesn't really unless you install Windows on said Mac, but we'll just say that they both work on Mac, so that's even.

Bam. Knowledge'd.
Whoa now, so would it be safe to say that FFXIV is already a bigger MMO than WoW? I think that's the implication we've proven here. I suppose I need to rescind my criticism of BushwicktheBlack, my eyes have finally opened to the secret truth.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#110 Mar 09 2011 at 2:43 PM Rating: Excellent
**
557 posts
I think it's safe to assume that, as of right now, FFXIV is the most important cultural achievement of mankind in recorded history.
____________________________

[ffxivsig]1809646[/ffxivsig]
#111 Mar 09 2011 at 2:51 PM Rating: Excellent
**
317 posts
yfaithfully wrote:
I think it's safe to assume that, as of right now, FFXIV is the most important cultural achievement of mankind in recorded history.


The ... the light... it has shown me the truth! How could I have been so deluded!? I feel so ashamed for having trusted these facts and logical arguments, how could I be so deluded? FFXIV is actually ... the pinnacle of gaming experience.
____________________________
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl

Carl - "Shhhh, do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness."
"That is the sound of people drowning Carl."
Carl - "That is what forgiveness sounds like, screaming and then silence."
#112 Mar 09 2011 at 2:55 PM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
deathly809 wrote:
yfaithfully wrote:
I think it's safe to assume that, as of right now, FFXIV is the most important cultural achievement of mankind in recorded history.
The ... the light... it has shown me the truth! How could I have been so deluded!? I feel so ashamed for having trusted these facts and logical arguments, how could I be so deluded? FFXIV is actually ... the pinnacle of gaming experience.
The final barrier to overcome is the misinterpretation of our general disappointment with the state of the game, when in fact, it is just our inability to process the divine excellence of the FFXIV experience. We've actually been enjoying FFXIV more than any other game ever made, and we just haven't fully realized it yet.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#113 Mar 09 2011 at 2:59 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
deathly809 wrote:
yfaithfully wrote:
I think it's safe to assume that, as of right now, FFXIV is the most important cultural achievement of mankind in recorded history.


The ... the light... it has shown me the truth! How could I have been so deluded!? I feel so ashamed for having trusted these facts and logical arguments, how could I be so deluded? FFXIV is actually ... the pinnacle of gaming experience.


Clearly we are living in a golden age. Did the cavemen have FFXIV? No, so they hit each other with rocks. The bubonic plague? Maybe if they were playing FFXIV, they wouldn't have gotten sick. The US Civil War? World Wars 1 and 2? No FFXIV.

I would go as far as to say that FFXIV will lead to everlasting world peace. You know, unless you count all the people in the world at war. But FFXIV isn't available in any of those countries. They probably don't own a PS3 either.

Fact: I have played FFXIV.
Fact: I am not currently infected with AIDS.
Fact: I am not at war with any countries.
Fact: I do not have cancer.

Summary: FFXIV prevents AIDS, cancer, and war. You can't explain that.

Edited, Mar 9th 2011 4:01pm by Mikhalia
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#114 Mar 09 2011 at 3:28 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
bsphil wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Hahahaha FFXIV OUTSELLING WOW ? JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA!

Thats right up there with the miracle patch that will transform this game into something resembling an actual MMO!

SE Will never have a MMO like WOW, because they do not understand how the MMO market works it's a simple as that :)
Frankly, I'm completely content with FF MMOs filling a more niche MMO market. I loved FFXI because it wasn't like EQ/WoW/Aion/AoC/etc. If FFXI tried to replicate the traditional genre style I don't think I would've enjoyed it nearly as much. It may have cost it the market penetration that Aion or WoW has, but I've also played those MMOs and never stuck with them because they were boring.

Edited, Mar 9th 2011 1:59pm by bsphil


FFXI Was exactly like EQ, just better graphics, and cutscenes, in wish part was not like EQ ?
____________________________
MUTED
#115 Mar 09 2011 at 3:33 PM Rating: Excellent
**
317 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
deathly809 wrote:
yfaithfully wrote:
I think it's safe to assume that, as of right now, FFXIV is the most important cultural achievement of mankind in recorded history.


The ... the light... it has shown me the truth! How could I have been so deluded!? I feel so ashamed for having trusted these facts and logical arguments, how could I be so deluded? FFXIV is actually ... the pinnacle of gaming experience.


Clearly we are living in a golden age. Did the cavemen have FFXIV? No, so they hit each other with rocks. The bubonic plague? Maybe if they were playing FFXIV, they wouldn't have gotten sick. The US Civil War? World Wars 1 and 2? No FFXIV.

I would go as far as to say that FFXIV will lead to everlasting world peace. You know, unless you count all the people in the world at war. But FFXIV isn't available in any of those countries. They probably don't own a PS3 either.

Fact: I have played FFXIV.
Fact: I am not currently infected with AIDS.
Fact: I am not at war with any countries.
Fact: I do not have cancer.

Summary: FFXIV prevents AIDS, cancer, and war. You can't explain that.

Edited, Mar 9th 2011 4:01pm by Mikhalia


Never a miscommunication.
____________________________
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl

Carl - "Shhhh, do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness."
"That is the sound of people drowning Carl."
Carl - "That is what forgiveness sounds like, screaming and then silence."
#116 Mar 09 2011 at 3:36 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
Ostia wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Hahahaha FFXIV OUTSELLING WOW ? JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA!

Thats right up there with the miracle patch that will transform this game into something resembling an actual MMO!

SE Will never have a MMO like WOW, because they do not understand how the MMO market works it's a simple as that :)
Frankly, I'm completely content with FF MMOs filling a more niche MMO market. I loved FFXI because it wasn't like EQ/WoW/Aion/AoC/etc. If FFXI tried to replicate the traditional genre style I don't think I would've enjoyed it nearly as much. It may have cost it the market penetration that Aion or WoW has, but I've also played those MMOs and never stuck with them because they were boring.

Edited, Mar 9th 2011 1:59pm by bsphil


FFXI Was exactly like EQ, just better graphics, and cutscenes, in wish part was not like EQ ?


lets just say there's a reason new gamers think EQ is a "Wow-clone" and it is the UI which, if you look at with your eyes, is completely not the UI from FFXI.
____________________________
monk
dragoon
[ffxivsig]477065[/ffxivsig]
#117 Mar 09 2011 at 4:00 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
Llester wrote:
Ostia wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Hahahaha FFXIV OUTSELLING WOW ? JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA!

Thats right up there with the miracle patch that will transform this game into something resembling an actual MMO!

SE Will never have a MMO like WOW, because they do not understand how the MMO market works it's a simple as that :)
Frankly, I'm completely content with FF MMOs filling a more niche MMO market. I loved FFXI because it wasn't like EQ/WoW/Aion/AoC/etc. If FFXI tried to replicate the traditional genre style I don't think I would've enjoyed it nearly as much. It may have cost it the market penetration that Aion or WoW has, but I've also played those MMOs and never stuck with them because they were boring.

Edited, Mar 9th 2011 1:59pm by bsphil


FFXI Was exactly like EQ, just better graphics, and cutscenes, in wish part was not like EQ ?


lets just say there's a reason new gamers think EQ is a "Wow-clone" and it is the UI which, if you look at with your eyes, is completely not the UI from FFXI.


Anyone who thinks that EQ1 is a WoW clone is a moron.

Of course, I also heard someone say that Daft Punk "stole" Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger from Kanye West. So indeed there are morons who have no concept of a timeline.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#118 Mar 09 2011 at 4:12 PM Rating: Excellent
**
317 posts
Okay this has to stop. I don't think we have talked about the topic, if there was ever a coherent one, in a few posts.

I think we should just let this thread die now.
____________________________
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl

Carl - "Shhhh, do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness."
"That is the sound of people drowning Carl."
Carl - "That is what forgiveness sounds like, screaming and then silence."
#119 Mar 09 2011 at 4:15 PM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
Llester wrote:
Ostia wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Hahahaha FFXIV OUTSELLING WOW ? JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA!

Thats right up there with the miracle patch that will transform this game into something resembling an actual MMO!

SE Will never have a MMO like WOW, because they do not understand how the MMO market works it's a simple as that :)
Frankly, I'm completely content with FF MMOs filling a more niche MMO market. I loved FFXI because it wasn't like EQ/WoW/Aion/AoC/etc. If FFXI tried to replicate the traditional genre style I don't think I would've enjoyed it nearly as much. It may have cost it the market penetration that Aion or WoW has, but I've also played those MMOs and never stuck with them because they were boring.

Edited, Mar 9th 2011 1:59pm by bsphil


FFXI Was exactly like EQ, just better graphics, and cutscenes, in wish part was not like EQ ?


lets just say there's a reason new gamers think EQ is a "Wow-clone" and it is the UI which, if you look at with your eyes, is completely not the UI from FFXI.


You are stupid
____________________________
MUTED
#120 Mar 09 2011 at 4:17 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
deathly809 wrote:
Okay this has to stop. I don't think we have talked about the topic, if there was ever a coherent one, in a few posts.

I think we should just let this thread die now.


IMO, the tongue-in-cheek arguments in favor of why FFXIV is the best game of all time beat the "Is FFXI an EQ clone" argument that's brewing.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#121 Mar 09 2011 at 9:21 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
691 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:


Clearly we are living in a golden age. Did the cavemen have FFXIV? No, so they hit each other with rocks. The bubonic plague? Maybe if they were playing FFXIV, they wouldn't have gotten sick. The US Civil War? World Wars 1 and 2? No FFXIV.

I would go as far as to say that FFXIV will lead to everlasting world peace. You know, unless you count all the people in the world at war. But FFXIV isn't available in any of those countries. They probably don't own a PS3 either.

Fact: I have played FFXIV.
Fact: I am not currently infected with AIDS.
Fact: I am not at war with any countries.
Fact: I do not have cancer.

Summary: FFXIV prevents AIDS, cancer, and war. You can't explain that.

Edited, Mar 9th 2011 4:01pm by Mikhalia


The funniest part is you will probably never find a world leader waging war against other real countries while playing an MMO. Probably...
#123Ostia, Posted: Mar 10 2011 at 1:10 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Lmao! God are you stupid XD!
#124 Mar 10 2011 at 2:41 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,169 posts
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
There are over 50 MILLION PS3 consoles sitting in homes all over the world. 50. Million.

I'm not sure why you place emphasis here. I do think it's fair to compare console numbers to PC numbers, but when you look at the facts:

FFXI players preferred playing on PC over console at a ratio of almost 2:1

Things like uncertainty regarding release date, their friends leaving and other MMOs being released and better received will certainly subtract from this number even more. I really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I like to be honest about the situation. Your fellow adventurers are leaving because the game is horrible. The fact that you look funny in oversized rose-colored glasses is just icing.

Quote:
Gamers the world over go apesh*t for any FF release, and it will not be any different when they start with the marketing deluge for the PS3 launch.

Perspective. I was going apesh*t myself, but only because I was in the alpha testing and saw the grim reality coming from miles away. Perhaps you should research SE's most recent statement about their expected profits for late 2010 through 2011. You might question where they expect to find funding for the PS3 marketing...?

Quote:
This game will be a massive success, when it is actually released to the demographic it was intended for.

Yes, yes it will... if you have extremely low standards for what you would consider a 'massive success'. 30k players? Far from massive with no rebound in sight. Get real kid. It's more likely that the PS4 is released before FFXIV becomes even good enough to hook as many players as FFXI has currently.




Edited, Mar 10th 2011 3:44am by FilthMcNasty
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#125 Mar 10 2011 at 3:03 PM Rating: Good
*
110 posts
1. SE hasn't had a universally loved FF 'hit' in something like 10years. So the cache and love of the brand is only present in a small older demographic of player. And even nostalgia dries up after a while. Here it's safe to say the love is gone.

2.PC or PS3 the game still sucks and will not retain players even if it is able to sell units. Which it likely will not do, given the muddy waters by both players and critics the game already sits in.

3.FFXIV is old hat. No one cares, there are better things to look forward to. Why should consumers spend money on crap or if you like potential PS3 crap when there are so many other quality titles that are more exciting coming in 2011.

4.As someone already said there's no precedent. If PS owners were dying for a FF MMO to be universally loved and adopted it would have happened already with FFXI. The PS2 had a much larger user base than the current PS3 model.

FFXIV is on the downslope of it's run and will not be any more mainstream than Conan or Aion is. At best it will continue to limp along.
#126BushwicktheBlack, Posted: Mar 11 2011 at 5:31 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Wow. You guys actually spent a whole day in here without me, just being little dooshes back and forth. Don't you find that to be just a little pathetic? Don't you have lives? Friends? Significant others? Jesus.
#127 Mar 11 2011 at 7:06 PM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
Wow. You guys actually spent a whole day in here without me, just being little dooshes back and forth. Don't you find that to be just a little pathetic? Don't you have lives? Friends? Significant others? Jesus.
Real convincing. Why do you have to be so mean about it? If I recall correctly,
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
Mean People= Bad.
We all must have no lives, so to expound on why we're all wrong you'll write up yet another essay on why PCs are not worth the money, ps3s are superior performing machines, and FFXIV will be the largest MMO ever?

Oh wait, you're backpedaling on that.
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
FFXIV becoming the biggest MMO ever made, however unlikely you may consider it, is still a very real possibility.
Keep the faith man, we've already proven using rock solid logic that FFXIV is already the biggest MMO ever. Why don't you relax?



By the way,

BushwicktheBlack wrote:
$2000.00 computer
lol @ spending $2000 on a computer. You can get a top tier gaming PC for half that. If you had a tan you'd know that, or something.



Edited, Mar 11th 2011 7:14pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#128 Mar 11 2011 at 7:29 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
551 posts
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
Mean people suck


Nice people swallow.
____________________________


[ffxivsig]1815523[/ffxivsig]
#129 Mar 12 2011 at 12:58 AM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
Wow. You guys actually spent a whole day in here without me, just being little dooshes back and forth. Don't you find that to be just a little pathetic? Don't you have lives? Friends? Significant others? Jesus.

Edit: I just saw some of your post counts, and answered my own question. Sweet baby jesus go outside people.- Bushy


Hey, computer janitor: I have a job that allows me access to a computer at work, too. Instead of selling people sh*tty antivirus products in a clip on tie like you, I can use my spare time at work to post here.

Furthermore, this thread was actually getting pretty fun and enjoyable with you gone. Not sure why you had to come back and sh*t in everyone's cheerios, but that seems like something you probably do on a regular basis so I can't say its completely unexpected.

I've got a life, some friends, a fiancee, I've even got Jesus. And yet I still don't mind making time to call you a high-reaching, unrealistic, outlandish, arrogant, pompous, ignorant @#%^wit.

+1 post count, btw.

BushwicktheBlack wrote:
The performance of an electronic device involves a **** of a lot more than what type of resolution it is capable of displaying. Everyone in the world who isn't a pale, thin, shaky, anti-social, skin-diseased little computer nerd knows that. As I said before, feel free to compare the amount of Wii's sold to the amount of High End gaming PC's sold over the last year, I'll be waiting. Graphical performance is a moot point when you can't even see the game being played. Res means sweet f*ck all to the rest of the world, I know that seems impossible, but it's true. Go get a tan and see it for yourself.

I'm real glad your $2000.00 computer can play Final in 1080p. Believe me when I say you are the only one who cares. Well, you and all the other geeks with uncontrollable body odor. Most people prefer something that works right the first time. And that's PS3, not PC. Mac, not PC. Wii, not PC. Basically, ANYTHING BUT PC. So, yea, PS3 blows an i7/460 out of the water. Sorry if that's your build and I've inadvertantly ****** on the collective graves of your elders by saying so, but frankly after what has been said in this thread I really could give a rats ***. This was never about the supposed technical limitations of the PS3 vs PC, but hey, go grab a PC with 512 ram and a 7800gpu and throw a blu-ray on a 60" and see how it plays, then get back to me.

Questioning my intelligence because a peice of software refuses to install cleanly 99% of the time just makes you look like a sub-human mongoloid. Try typing in "FFXIV wont install" in google and see how many hits you get. It isn't just me.


For someone who allegedly knows a lot about computers, you sure went into a lot of detail about how much you hate "computer nerds". So which is it? Are you intelligent enough to figure out how to use a computer and install a piece of software properly (which might make you a computer nerd too, gasp!) or are you definitely not a computer nerd and ready to admit that the $8/hr Best Buy or wherever pays you to sell things you know nothing about (beyond those awesome protection plans you shill) is about what your limited knowledge is worth anyway?

Seriously, you claim you work in computer sales and that you have free access to computers and have allegedly tried, unsuccessfully (and claim that's totally not any fault of your own) to install FFXIV on TWENTY computers at your work place... and then you later post a whiny rant about "computer nerds"? Or how you think it costs two grand to build a gaming rig? Maybe that's what your sh*tty box store sells them for, but I find it difficult to believe that you can't build a good gaming machine for under a grand and you ALSO think that 20 failed installs has absolutely NO BEARING on your ability to use a computer.

Also, just because I'm a grammar nerd too:

BushwicktheBlack wrote:
frankly after what has been said in this thread I really could give a rats ***.


"I really could" give a rats *** would mean that you do, in fact, care. If you didn't care, you would have said "couldn't" here.

BushwicktheBlack wrote:
And SE "Eating Babies" doesn't happen, and never will happen. FFXIV becoming the biggest MMO ever made, however unlikely you may consider it, is still a very real possibility. This is why my thread remains, and all the little negative doom-and-gloom patrol wannabes get deleted. If this is still hard to understand, I wish you the best of luck in the very difficult life that lay ahead of you.


FFXIV becoming the biggest MMO ever made is about as feasible as Luxembourg becoming the biggest country in the world. It's a "very real possibility" as much as leaving the bathroom sink on could flood your city or your child could learn 10 languages on his own before he's six months old.

It's a "possibility" only in the very literal sense of the word. What you are claiming "will happen" in the title has 0.0000000000000000001% chance of happening, at best. You have been faced with countless examples and statistics that explain how horribly unlikely your theoretical scenario is, and all you do is ignore and dismiss the facts that aren't convenient to you (all of them).


BushwicktheBlack wrote:
Positivity goes a LONG way in this world, when you actually have to grow up and join it you may realize this fact. Most likely not though.

Nice People= Good.
Mean People= Bad.

Man, I can hear you all saying "Urrrgh?" from here. BE NICER. People will isten to you more and not be so quick to dismiss you as an impotent little squeaker who wants nothing more than to tell the world the sky is falling. See this threads existence? That's what we call "Proof".


You really are going to put that in the same post where you included a three paragraph diatribe about "nerds"? I never said there was anything -wrong- with being mean; I'm being a **** to you because you're an idiot and being nice didn't work. But you're actually going to play the "mean people suck" card in the VERY SAME POST where you berate people who know more than you about a field that you allegedly claim to work in? REALLY?

BushwicktheBlack wrote:
And no, you don't have to know anything about what you sell to be a good salesman. Once again, adults generally know this. You may be privy one day, but I seriously doubt it. However, as a salesman I find knowing what a processor, ram, and a hard drive do I'm pretty much good for selling computers. My bank account agrees with me, anyway. You start talking about L2 cache, FSB, RISC and watch your sale walk out the door. Sales is about people, not the product. In sales, much like in life, if you are NICE and you can actually be a social animal, you will get ahead by leaps and bounds. Keep it up with the ***** little attitude though, I'm sure it's working wonders for all of you.


So you admit that you don't know sh*t about computers? Glad we're past that point. Are you ready to admit that maybe if you DID know a little bit more, FFXIV might have actually worked for you? You can call me a nerd all you want but I wasn't the one that had to ***** with settings and configurations to make FFXIV work. I popped the disk in. It installed. It worked. Three different computers I have done this with three different hardware configurations and it worked three times. Perhaps if you knew half as much as you think you did, it might have worked for you on the first go, eh?

BushwicktheBlack wrote:
And I edited my post so many times because it had a lot of errors. The day I try to go hide something that I said on a message board from a bunch of ground-zero survivor look-alikes is the day I eat my f*cking shoes.


And after your "don't be mean" rant, you close your post with an offensive 9/11 reference and calling everyone who disagrees with you "ground-zero survivors". Try taking your own advice, kid.

Again, I tried to be nice to you at first but your blithering incompetence lead me to quickly lose patience with you when I realized that you have no idea what the **** you're talking about when it comes to performance of PS3 vs PC -or- when it comes to realistically evaluating the chances of success of a game that has probably had the worst critical reception in MMORPG history.

If you want to be a **** to me since I'm being a **** to you, then I'm fine with that, but you could at least drop the whole "omg you should be nice" that you utter in the same breath as your ad hominem attacks and terrorist references. To this point, you've ignored all proof that FFXIV has less than a snowball's chance in **** of being "the biggest MMO ever made" and countered with, at best, wide theoretical arguments that take gross overspeculation as fact into account, so we've covered that base. You've proven that you know nothing about ANYTHING technically related; no matter how many facts or specs people throw at you to explain why you're wrong, you ignore THAT TOO and insist that PS3 is better because "It just works differently, okay?! You can't understand!"

Having disproven your wild accusations and having been met with nothing but ignorance in this regard, you now resort to ad hominem attacks and slander while in the same breath trying to pretend you're on some high horse that puts you above the pit you're wallowing in. Like I said, if you're going to be an @#%^ because other people are being an @#%^ to you, then fine, take the gloves off and let's just be @#%^s. But stop trying to pretend you're morally superior or that you're being "nice" about any of it and just be the ignorant @#%^ you want to be.

Touching on post count, which we opened the post with: I've been posting on this forum since May 2004. You've been posting here since a couple days ago. I see jackass posters like you come and go. In nearly all cases, I'm nice until the person gives me a reason to be mean, and then I become mean. You have given me a reason to become mean, and in fact, my meanness directed at you is entirely your fault. I have already explained why and how. In addition, I will continue to post on this forum for years to come. You, however, will probably have forgotten about this forum, or just given up on posting here in less than a month. And I'm being SUPER generous with "a month", as I'd be surprised if you were still around in two weeks. So frankly, I couldn't give a rat's *** if you think I'm mean. The internet is a mean place. Grow up and live with it, or get off the internet.

You think I'm being mean? I'll suggest a nicer board to you. http://boards.4chan.org/b/ will be super welcoming to nice guys like you. Go tell them about how FFXIV will be the best game ever made and how the PS3 is better than any PC "even if you pay $2000 for it". I'm sure they'll be super accepting of your opinion.

I'm a very nice person when I'm dealing with people who can understand simple concepts like logic and reason and comparisons. When I deal with a gem like yourself, where you form nothing but blind assertions and make ridiculously unfounded claims with less than a sliver of plausibility to them, I become a mean person.

Once you start understanding why you're wrong, I'll get a lot nicer, I promise.

Edited, Mar 12th 2011 4:54pm by Mikhalia
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#130 Mar 12 2011 at 4:45 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
551 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
*Pwned*
*Pwner*


You, sir, are my new internet hero.
____________________________


[ffxivsig]1815523[/ffxivsig]
#131 Mar 12 2011 at 5:04 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
67 posts
you ppl are crazy :P
#132 Mar 12 2011 at 5:26 PM Rating: Decent
4 posts
I went to pick up the game today and was told it was put back up until July for the PS3. I wasn't too pleased but soon got over it.
#133 Mar 12 2011 at 5:33 PM Rating: Excellent
*
227 posts
Hilarious thread yfaithfully thank you for this.

Quote:
I think it's safe to assume that, as of right now, FFXIV is the most important cultural achievement of mankind in recorded history.



I was having a very boring day at work this made me literally lol.
#134 Mar 12 2011 at 5:52 PM Rating: Excellent
**
317 posts
BushwicktheBlack wrote:

The performance of an electronic device involves a **** of a lot more than what type of resolution it is capable of displaying.


That is obvious. The performance would depend on the device and its functionality and also the current use. For a video game the performance metrics would include graphical capabilities and its responsiveness.

BushwicktheBlack wrote:

Everyone in the world who isn't a pale, thin, shaky, anti-social, skin-diseased little computer nerd knows that.


Ad Hominem

BushwicktheBlack wrote:

As I said before, feel free to compare the amount of Wii's sold to the amount of High End gaming PC's sold over the last year, I'll be waiting. Graphical performance is a moot point when you can't even see the game being played. Res means sweet f*ck all to the rest of the world, I know that seems impossible, but it's true. Go get a tan and see it for yourself.


This has nothing to do with the discussion at hand. Also Ad Hominem.

BushwicktheBlack wrote:

I'm real glad your $2000.00 computer can play Final in 1080p. Believe me when I say you are the only one who cares.


False statement, my computer was only $600.

BushwicktheBlack wrote:

Well, you and all the other geeks with uncontrollable body odor.


Ad Hominem

BushwicktheBlack wrote:

Most people prefer something that works right the first time. And that's PS3, not PC. Mac, not PC. Wii, not PC. Basically, ANYTHING BUT PC.


Consoles are not infallible and therefore false statement and irrelevant to the conversation. Also they have not made a Mac in over 5 years; and an apple computer runs the same hardware as a windows box (usually).

BushwicktheBlack wrote:

So, yea, PS3 blows an i7/460 out of the water.


False statement as proven above.

BushwicktheBlack wrote:

Sorry if that's your build and I've inadvertantly ****** on the collective graves of your elders by saying so, but frankly after what has been said in this thread I really could give a rats ***.


It's spelled inadvertently. Also statement is irrelevant.

BushwicktheBlack wrote:

This was never about the supposed technical limitations of the PS3 vs PC


The conversation moved into that discussion. This statement is irrelevant.

BushwicktheBlack wrote:

but hey, go grab a PC with 512 ram and a 7800gpu and throw a blu-ray on a 60" and see how it plays, then get back to me.


This statement is irrelevant.

BushwicktheBlack wrote:

Questioning my intelligence because a peice of software refuses to install cleanly 99% of the time just makes you look like a sub-human mongoloid.


You said 100% of the time. Also questioning your abilities when you make broad proclamations doesn't make you sub-human.

BushwicktheBlack wrote:

Try typing in "FFXIV wont install" in google and see how many hits you get. It isn't just me.


Those have nothing to do with you and your 20 failed installs. Also a few points don't make the curve.

BushwicktheBlack wrote:

And I edited my post so many times because it had a lot of errors. The day I try to go hide something that I said on a message board from a bunch of ground-zero survivor look-alikes is the day I eat my f*cking shoes.


Then proofread and preview message before posting.
____________________________
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl

Carl - "Shhhh, do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness."
"That is the sound of people drowning Carl."
Carl - "That is what forgiveness sounds like, screaming and then silence."
#135 Mar 12 2011 at 8:42 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
Quote:
False statement, my computer was only $600.


Specs, where did you get the pieces for it (Assuming you put it together)...otherwise; False statement.
____________________________
MUTED
#136 Mar 12 2011 at 8:57 PM Rating: Excellent
**
317 posts
SolidMack wrote:
Quote:
False statement, my computer was only $600.


Specs, where did you get the pieces for it (Assuming you put it together)...otherwise; False statement.


Newegg of course.

AMD Athlon II X4 $90
4 GB Ram $100
2 Hard Drives $100
DVD $50
Motherboard $60
Graphics $140
PSU $60
Case Had one
Mouse/Keyboard Had one
Total : $600

____________________________
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl

Carl - "Shhhh, do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness."
"That is the sound of people drowning Carl."
Carl - "That is what forgiveness sounds like, screaming and then silence."
#137 Mar 12 2011 at 9:45 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
Can you be more specific with your choices? I built a rig for FFXIV, its a good computer but it cost me about $1200 - I didn't even know you can get anything anywhere near as low as $600 that can run FFXIV tbh.
____________________________
MUTED
#138 Mar 12 2011 at 11:15 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
551 posts
SolidMack wrote:
Can you be more specific with your choices? I built a rig for FFXIV, its a good computer but it cost me about $1200 - I didn't even know you can get anything anywhere near as low as $600 that can run FFXIV tbh.


My rig I just built a few months ago for Age of Conan and FFXIV:

CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116370&cm_re=e6700_processor-_-19-116-370-_-Product -$85

4GB Ram: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231425 -$45

Graphic card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814187123&Tpk=SPARKLE%20Calibre%20Series%20X460G%20GeForce%20GTX%20460%20%28Ferm -$195

Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131680&Tpk=ASUS%20P5G41T-M%20LX%20LGA%20775%20Intel%20G41%20Micro%20ATX%20Intel -$60

Water cooling: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835227006&Tpk=CoolIT%20ECO%20alc -$73

Keyboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823175012&Tpk=cyborg%20v5 -$42

Mouse: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826102065&cm_re=cyborg_rat_3-_-26-102-065-_-Product -$45

Monitor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236117 -$190

Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129087&cm_re=Antec_DF-85-_-11-129-087-_-Product -$160

That's a total of $895.

I already had hard drives and a DVD, so didn't need to buy those.

Also, the case, keyboard, mouse, and monitor were all personal choice upgrades, I already had equivalents had I chose to stay with them and could also have gotten much cheaper peripherals had I chosen economy over style. As it is, that's actually $437 I didn't "need" to spend, in which case this build would have only cost me $458.

Oh, and it runs FFXIV @ 1920 x 1080 perfectly on high settings.


Edited, Mar 13th 2011 12:30am by Zorvan
____________________________


[ffxivsig]1815523[/ffxivsig]
#139 Mar 12 2011 at 11:50 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
Might as well throw my hat in. This was not all purchased at once; parts were upgraded over time but here is the cost per component of my rig as it sits:

Phenom II X4 925 - $129
ASUS M4a785TD-V EVO - $79 (on sale)
DVD-RW - $19
Antec TruePower 650 - $50 (on sale)
XFX Radeon 5770 - $150 (on sale)
4 GB (2x2) G. Skill Ripjaws (DDR3 1333) - $100
OEM Windows 7 Professional x64 - $140
1 TB WD Caviar Black - $60 (on sale)
Case: Sunbeam Transformer - $80

Total - $827

If you wanted a similar build, Windows 7 Home Premium is 40 bucks cheaper (I just like Pro versions for the better NTFS permissions settings) and you could pay way less for a case (I splurged because it looked nice. Sue me.) DDR3 RAM has also come down in price too.

Even with my overspending on a few parts, I came in under a grand not counting keyboard and mouse ($40 for the combo, on sale) and monitor ($200, on sale, for a 24" Asus) which brings the total to roughly a grand even if I had gotten a less expensive case and W7HP. If I hadn't saved money by buying parts when they went on sale, total probably would have been 1150-1200ish.

Does it cost more than a PS3? Sure. But it has a much larger game library, playing plenty of games dating back to the 1980s if I want it to, and plays the new ones with comparable graphics to a PS3, all while giving me the ability to, should I want:

- Browse the web while playing games while using IM clients while listening to music
- Play games while VPNing into work from home
- Remote in FROM work (because sometimes NM pop windows fall inconveniently between the hours of 9:30 and 6) to log on to games should I need to
- Minecraft. That is all.
- Did I mention PC games often cost $49.99 new compared to console versions of the same game which cost $59.99?
- Did I mention that I can use a console for games that have it (e.g. Oblivion, Fallout) and player created mods for games that have them (e.g. Sims, Dragon Age) when PS3s don't have a console feature and have much more limited DLC?

I'm not saying that PS3s don't have their use. While I don't own one, I do plan to buy one as it's financially more logical to purchase a PS3 instead of a Blu-Ray player, and I basically get a console for $150-200 on top of the $100 "Blu-ray player". Regardless, there aren't really any games on PS3 that I want that aren't -also- available on PC or 360.

In short: I'm not saying there's anything wrong with owning or using a PS3, for the people who choose to do it. Console vs PC is a matter of individual choice and preference based on features and convenience. I've listed my reasons for preferring to play games on a PC (although I do play 360 and Wii so it's not like I -only- play games on a PC) and I'm sure someone could counter with a list of reasons they like the PS3 better.

The thing is: "It will play FFXIV better than a high end gaming PC" is not one of those reasons. "I have a low end PC and would rather buy XIV on a PS3 than spend $400-700 upgrading my PC to play FFXIV" is a perfectly valid one though; nothing wrong with that, if that's what you prefer.

However, it's unlikely that 10 MILLION people will have this thought.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#140 Mar 13 2011 at 1:27 AM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
monitor ($200, on sale, for a 24" Asus)
Those ASUS 24" monitors on Newegg look really solid; great reviews and an extremely competitive price. How are you liking it? I've been thinking of getting one soon.



Edited, Mar 13th 2011 1:27am by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#141 Mar 13 2011 at 8:07 AM Rating: Excellent
**
317 posts
SolidMack wrote:
Can you be more specific with your choices? I built a rig for FFXIV, its a good computer but it cost me about $1200 - I didn't even know you can get anything anywhere near as low as $600 that can run FFXIV tbh.


They don't sell my PSU, Graphics Card, or CPU anymore but you can get a better one for only $10 more.

CPU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103871
$100

Motherboard:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157176
$60

Graphics:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125317
$156

Memory:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211409
$50

PSU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817152035
$50

Hard Drive:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136073
$40

Case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811164094
$20

Total: $500 probably when it's all done

____________________________
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl

Carl - "Shhhh, do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness."
"That is the sound of people drowning Carl."
Carl - "That is what forgiveness sounds like, screaming and then silence."
#142 Mar 13 2011 at 9:02 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,636 posts
deathly809 wrote:
SolidMack wrote:
Quote:
False statement, my computer was only $600.


Specs, where did you get the pieces for it (Assuming you put it together)...otherwise; False statement.


Newegg of course.

AMD Athlon II X4 $90
4 GB Ram $100
2 Hard Drives $100
DVD $50
Motherboard $60
Graphics $140
PSU $60
Case Had one
Mouse/Keyboard Had one
Total : $600



Thats almost exactly what I paid for my machine, also bought from newegg. Plays the game fine, installed fine, didn't have to touch a thing.
____________________________

[ffxivsig]971172[/ffxivsig]
#143 Mar 13 2011 at 9:07 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
972 posts
Most console users who pay an existing premium service for online features will dislike paying an additional fee for an mmo. Most Final Fantasy fans are used to playing the offline titles with no additional fees to play.
SE has to do a few things to shoot for the stars upon PS3 release.

1.Score with very good reviews upon PS3 launch.

2.Make the game playable without the need the for playstation plus service.

3.Issue a 90-120 day trial to attract the users who are first time mmo players.

The third goal is very important. While SE may be giddy at being able to charge and start making profit. There are many FF players or new mmo players who enjoyed all previous FF titles, but are reluctant to pay a monthly fee for a game. They need to let these gamers get to experience how an online ff game feels and see that their money is worth the investment.
#144BushwicktheBlack, Posted: Mar 13 2011 at 11:41 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Yea, funny how when people start acting like little douches to me I retaliate. Turn the other cheek?
#145BushwicktheBlack, Posted: Mar 13 2011 at 11:46 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) My thread, my discussion, so whatever I say has to do with the convo, has to do with the convo.
#146 Mar 13 2011 at 11:52 AM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Any semblance of logic is so blatantly absent from your thought process that I don't even have to write my own sh*t anymore, I can just quote you to argue against yourself. Watch:

BushwicktheBlack wrote:
Positivity goes a LONG way in this world
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
Nice People= Good.
Mean People= Bad.


BushwicktheBlack wrote:
Wow. You guys actually spent a whole day in here without me, just being little dooshes back and forth. Don't you find that to be just a little pathetic? Don't you have lives? Friends? Significant others? Jesus.

Edit: I just saw some of your post counts, and answered my own question. Sweet baby jesus go outside people.- Bushy
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
Questioning my intelligence because a peice of software refuses to install cleanly 99% of the time just makes you look like a sub-human mongoloid.
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
And I edited my post so many times because it had a lot of errors. The day I try to go hide something that I said on a message board from a bunch of ground-zero survivor look-alikes is the day I eat my f*cking shoes.
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
Yea, funny how when people start acting like little douches to me I retaliate. Turn the other cheek?

Howabout eat my cornhole?


BushwicktheBlack wrote:
BE NICER. People will isten to you more and not be so quick to dismiss you as an impotent little squeaker who wants nothing more than to tell the world the sky is falling. See this threads existence? That's what we call "Proof".
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
Time for a little self-reflection, perhaps?


Q.E.D.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hypocrisy





Edited, Mar 13th 2011 12:56pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#147BushwicktheBlack, Posted: Mar 13 2011 at 11:58 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) "I'm a very nice person when I'm dealing with people who can understand simple concepts like logic and reason and comparisons. When I deal with a gem like yourself, where you form nothing but blind assertions and make ridiculously unfounded claims with less than a sliver of plausibility to them, I become a mean person."
#148 Mar 13 2011 at 12:05 PM Rating: Excellent
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
My thread, my discussion, so whatever I say has to do with the convo, has to do with the convo.
Starting a thread ≠ ownership of said thread.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#149BushwicktheBlack, Posted: Mar 13 2011 at 12:10 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) "QED"? Hilarious.
#150 Mar 13 2011 at 12:13 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
bsphil wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
monitor ($200, on sale, for a 24" Asus)
Those ASUS 24" monitors on Newegg look really solid; great reviews and an extremely competitive price. How are you liking it? I've been thinking of getting one soon.

Edited, Mar 13th 2011 1:27am by bsphil


This one is an ASUS VE245 and I love it. My only complaint is that the volume in the monitor's speakers is still rather low even when turned up to max, but I still use a regular set of good speakers and subwoofer so it's not a major deal. In terms of video quality (which is what you guy a monitor for ANYWAY) it's great. Worth every penny.

BushwicktheBlack wrote:
Yea, funny how when people start acting like little douches to me I retaliate. Turn the other cheek?

Howabout eat my cornhole?


Never said you had to turn the other cheek; in fact (see, this is where learning to read would benefit you) I specifically said that if you want to be an ******* then go right ahead and do it. At no point did I ever call you mean or suggest you be nice. What I -did- suggest was that you drop the "Everyone in this thread is such a douche"/"Mean people suck" act when you're being one too.

And I'm not hungry, but thanks for the offer.

BushwicktheBlack wrote:
"I'm a very nice person when I'm dealing with people who can understand simple concepts like logic and reason and comparisons. When I deal with a gem like yourself, where you form nothing but blind assertions and make ridiculously unfounded claims with less than a sliver of plausibility to them, I become a mean person."


At least we can both agree you are a *****.


I'm an *******, not a *****. I guess we can't even agree on that.

Lubriderm the Fussy wrote:
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
My thread, my discussion, so whatever I say has to do with the convo, has to do with the convo.
Starting a thread ≠ ownership of said thread.


Bingo. Your thread, our forum. Welcome to our forum. I do think I might consider sigging this though... You're a funny guy. It's such a shame you don't realize quite how amusing you are.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#151BushwicktheBlack, Posted: Mar 13 2011 at 12:14 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Yes it does.
This thread is locked
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 21 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (21)