Forum Settings
       
This thread is locked

FFXIV Will Live. Then it will be the biggest MMO Ever Made.Follow

#152 Mar 13 2011 at 12:20 PM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
monitor ($200, on sale, for a 24" Asus)
Those ASUS 24" monitors on Newegg look really solid; great reviews and an extremely competitive price. How are you liking it? I've been thinking of getting one soon.
This one is an ASUS VE245 and I love it. My only complaint is that the volume in the monitor's speakers is still rather low even when turned up to max, but I still use a regular set of good speakers and subwoofer so it's not a major deal. In terms of video quality (which is what you guy a monitor for ANYWAY) it's great. Worth every penny.
Cool to hear, thanks. Will be keeping that in mind, hope the $40 discount can last for a while yet, lol.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#153 Mar 13 2011 at 12:21 PM Rating: Good
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
Yes it does.
No, it doesn't.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#154BushwicktheBlack, Posted: Mar 13 2011 at 12:25 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) "You came in here and were nice until everyone else was mean to you. We wondered why your thread was still up when our doom-and-gloom threads got deleted. You said it was because we were mean, and mean people suck, and if we were nicer our threads would stay up. So we kept being mean, petty, and negative. Then because we were mean to you, you got mean back to us. SO, you never being mean initially, only in retaliation, now makes you a hipocrite."
#155 Mar 13 2011 at 12:33 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
"QED"? Hilarious.


It's all fine and dandy that none of you agree with me. If any of you actually had mothers or a quality upbringing of any kind, you may have heard the expression "If you don't have anything nice to say, keep your little mouth shut."


Have they told you "If you don't have anything correct to say, keep your mouth shut" or did you miss that lesson?

All you're doing is spouting unfounded opinions and ignoring all the counterpoints because you can't disprove them, and now you're playing the "YOU'RE ALL MEAN TO ME" card when people call you on your bullsh*t?

BushwicktheBlack wrote:
Get it? You may think an opinion invalid, but being a mean little sh*t in response isn't doing anybody any favours, and is in fact making you a worse person everytime you do it.


1) Your opinion -is- invalid and we've explained how. You've just ignored everything that disproves you insisting that you're right with nothing to support your wild claims but overreaching speculation.

You're trying to claim that the PS3 performs better than ANY PC under $2000 and when met with technical specs that disprove this, all you do is backpedal to "Well that depends on your definition of performance" and "I don't want to talk about technical specs, it's just BETTER, okay?!" The technical specs and financial specs disprove you and your only "proof" here is that you don't know sh*t about computers and can't make it work, ergo it works for no one.

The PS3 is a good gaming system, and it's better than a low end or mid end PC, but a mid-high or high end PC can outperform the PS3 for a grand or less. This is fact and has been explained in detail, detail which you choose to ignore because it's inconvenient to you.

You're trying to claim that FFXIV -will- (that's the key word: will, implying that it is a guaranteed outcome) have more box sales based on the notion that you are assuming that over ten times as many people who bought FFXI, EVER, for ANY console, are going to buy it for PS3. I should perhaps mention that whereas the PS3 has 50 million units worldwide, the PS2 had 150 million. Three times as many consoles and the console sales for FFXI were nowhere near what you're claiming XIV's will be, PLUS with FFXI, it was the first console it was released on and MMORPGs were in their infancy. In 2011, people know what they want in an MMORPG, they've heard the reviews, and you're not going to sell a PS3 copy to 20% of PS3 users worldwide. Your only argument here is that PS3 users have such a ***** for FF titles that more than twice the amount of people who bought FF13 will buy FF14 and continue to play it regardless of the game's quality, and that you also assert they're all living under a rock and haven't heard the terrible reviews.

FFXIV has a good chance of getting better over time. Subscriptions could, and probably will, increase into the hundred thousands if they put enough work into the game. That's a plausible concern. To claim that FFXIV will ever have a million players at once is highly unlikely based on the crash and burn launch and word of mouth from it. To claim that they will ever have ten million is a pipe dream. You just keep ignoring probabilities and statistics and keep insisting that this -is going to- happen with nothing to back it up at all.

BushwicktheBlack wrote:
That one I got from my mom. From my dad I got "You don't have to take sh*t from ANYbody in this world".


There's a difference between "taking sh*t from people" and "Listening to people try to explain to you why you are incorrect and perhaps considering such".

But hey, if a cop ever pulls you over for doing 75 in a 55, don't take sh*t from him either. Get out of the car and whoop his ***. That'll show him.

Seriously, stop screaming "lalalalala I can't hear you! My daddy says I'm always right about everything!" and try to understand what people are explaining to you.

BushwicktheBlack wrote:
You can see examples of both in this thread if you look really, really hard. I was nice until people started being mean. Maybe I should have just accepted the vastly superior opinions of the Computer Geeks who just had to pipe up and get internet tough, slink away and just hide? maybe next time.

If you can find any trace of meaness in my original post, then get off your period and go read it again, because it was quite light hearted to start, until I mentioned I think PS3 is better than PC, which unleashed a sh*tstorm of unholy impotent nerd rage. Yea, I think so, that just burns you up hey? I bet you've all talked to at least 3 people about it. "This guy on teh forums thinks Ps3 is better than PC! hhhhehehahahahah snort." Sooooo pathetic.


I never said there was any meanness in your OP. I said that people were trying nicely to explain why you were wrong, you became defensive and abrasive, we became offensive and abrasive, and all through it, you keep trying to explain how mean people are so terrible, when it seems like your definition of "mean" is "Not agreeing with everything I say" and "Showing me facts that explain how I'm wrong". If you said the earth was flat, would it be mean to show you a globe, too?

You think PS3 is better than PC and we have explained why it isn't. You had no counterargument other than to dismiss all contradictory facts and call everyone mean.

And then, YET AGAIN, you close your post, after talking about how mean -we- are, by saying

BushwicktheBlack wrote:
Take your hypocracy definition and shove it up your undoubtedly fat behind.


Again, be as mean as you want to be since we're being mean to you. Drop the "You guys are so mean" argument if you're going to do it though.

And let's level with each other: Have you really abandoned both of your arguments to the realm of "I'm right, you're wrong, I can't hear you! LALALALALALA!!!!" in lieu of being able to support them? Are you going to try to address any counterarguments provided to you or is this thread now just going to be

Us: You're an idiot
You: You're mean!
Us: Seriously, you're an idiot.
You: My mommy and daddy say I'm right about everything!

etc etc?

If it is, I'm cool with that cause I still get to +1 that way, I just wanted to know if we should expect any more ACTUAL discussion on the topic at hand that contains any semblance of logic from you or if this is now just a giant sh*tfest?

Edited, Mar 13th 2011 2:42pm by Mikhalia
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#156 Mar 13 2011 at 12:36 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
"You came in here and were nice until everyone else was mean to you. We wondered why your thread was still up when our doom-and-gloom threads got deleted. You said it was because we were mean, and mean people suck, and if we were nicer our threads would stay up. So we kept being mean, petty, and negative. Then because we were mean to you, you got mean back to us. SO, you never being mean initially, only in retaliation, now makes you a hipocrite."

Really? I mean, really?

You people aren't f*cked in the head at all.


This is what I mean about your inability to read or comprehend. You aren't a hypocrite for being mean, you're a hypocrite for being mean while in the same breath as trying to whine about how we're mean to you.

Be mean. That's totally cool. But stop trying to claim we're mean as part of your argument; THAT is what makes you a hypocrite.

Get it now?

EDIT: And I -am- ****** in the head. I freely admit that. Anyone who knows me well enough could confirm it. Although I'm ****** in the head for reasons completely unrelated to the topic at hand.

Edited, Mar 13th 2011 2:37pm by Mikhalia
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#157 Mar 13 2011 at 12:40 PM Rating: Excellent
**
317 posts
I don't care who is mean, but when you start making baseless claims and have faulty logic then I have a problem. Also you claim that everyone is being mean and that they shouldn't be but then you turn around and are mean back, in fact you are probably being one of the meanest people in this thread. Also a thread might start in one discussion and then branch off into sub-discussions like about the PS3 and that is just part of the forum way of life.
____________________________
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl

Carl - "Shhhh, do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness."
"That is the sound of people drowning Carl."
Carl - "That is what forgiveness sounds like, screaming and then silence."
#158 Mar 13 2011 at 12:46 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
deathly809 wrote:
I don't care who is mean, but when you start making baseless claims and have faulty logic then I have a problem. Also you claim that everyone is being mean and that they shouldn't be but then you turn around and are mean back, in fact you are probably being one of the meanest people in this thread. Also a thread might start in one discussion and then branch off into sub-discussions like about the PS3 and that is just part of the forum way of life.


Yeah, I've always found threads like this amusing, where someone thinks that their ability to click the "New post" button gives them the unassailable right to post whatever they want and that no one is allowed to disagree with them, or that the fact that they stopped breathing from their mouth long enough to create a thread ALSO gives them the iron-clad power to direct the thread and that anyone who disagrees with the OP is a "big giant meaniepants doodoohead"

Bonus points for the OP bringing his mom and dad into an internet debate. Desperation moves are usually worth a laugh but I practically fell out of my chair at that one.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#159 Mar 13 2011 at 12:50 PM Rating: Excellent
Am I wrong for liking FFXIV as a low level player, and hoping they can truly fix the game, but thinking that a Henry IV St. Crispin's day speech on how it will be the best game ever is ridiculous?
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#160 Mar 13 2011 at 12:59 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
Lubriderm the Fussy wrote:
Am I wrong for liking FFXIV as a low level player, and hoping they can truly fix the game, but thinking that a Henry IV St. Crispin's day speech on how it will be the best game ever is ridiculous?


No, it's called being realistic. Let's pretend I'm a Lions fan (I feel dirty just saying that)

Realistic: The Lions have some good players, but they'll probably still end up 6-10 or so.
Realistically Optimistic: If the Lions draft well, they have a shot at going 8-8.
Very optimistic: The Lions have a good shot at going 10-6 and making the playoffs this year.
The OP: The Lions will go 16-0 in the regular season, win the super bowl, and the NFC's pro bowl team will be all Lions players.


Really, I want FFXIV to be successful. I think it's a reasonable statement to say that everyone on this board does. I'm not saying I hope it fails, I'm not saying I hope it gets shut down forever; I -want- it to be a good game and I -want- it to have a healthy subscriber base.

At launch, I -wanted- it to be immensely popular and become as well known as WoW, Aion, or other popular MMORPGs. However a game's highest intake of subscribers at any one time is launch, and that ship has sailed. PS3 has a chance of bringing roughly 250k-600k players into the game and drastic overhauls could bring back 150k-250k of the players who have quit, as well as possibly 50k-250k players willing to try the game who passed at launch. Even with the most generous of estimates, the chances of passing 1-1.5 million, while theoretically possible, are rather low.

Once you start making the statement that it's going to have over 10 million sales on PS3 alone, you're becoming absurd.

EDIT: I should post in a new post but I don't want to bump. Just throwing out some more statistical data for the OP to ignore.

Starting with the PS2 era of Final Fantasy titles: (All sources Wikipedia, sorry)
FF10 "The game has sold 6.6 million copies as of January 2004."
FF11 Couldn't locate total sales data, but it's pretty well known that the player base never reached 1 million among all platforms.
FF12 "As of March 2007, the game has shipped over 5.2 million copies worldwide"
FF13 "As of May 18, 2010, Final Fantasy XIII had sold 5.5 million copies worldwide"

And as I've pointed out, there are three times the number of PS2s as there are PS3s. When you factor in that FFXI never reached a million active subscribing players across PC, PS2, -and- 360 in comparison to over 5 million sales (remember also that FF13 was on 360 -and- PS3, this isn't a PS3 only sales figure), the chances of 10 million PS3 users buying FF14... not looking so hot.

Edited, Mar 13th 2011 5:33pm by Mikhalia
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#161BushwicktheBlack, Posted: Mar 13 2011 at 5:02 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) You just put me in your sig.
#162 Mar 13 2011 at 5:18 PM Rating: Excellent
**
317 posts
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
You just put me in your sig.

That makes you officially my *****, congratulations.


Is trolling what brings you fulfillment in life? You might want to re-evaluate your life priorities.
____________________________
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl

Carl - "Shhhh, do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness."
"That is the sound of people drowning Carl."
Carl - "That is what forgiveness sounds like, screaming and then silence."
#163 Mar 13 2011 at 5:48 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
Bullsh*ttheBlack wrote:
You just put me in your sig.

That makes you officially my *****, congratulations.


This is what I mean about you being oblivious.

You make a hilariously off base comment, someone calls you on it, and I sigged them replying to you. Furthermore, you don't even seem to notice that I modified your name to be more accurate.

The fact that you think me sigging someone calling you out on your bullsh*t somehow makes me your ***** is just one more tick mark in the "OP is so out of touch with what's going on around him that it's unreal how he manages to not get hit by parked cars on a daily basis" column.

Edited quote to more accurately reflect your name as well.

Edited, Mar 13th 2011 7:49pm by Mikhalia
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#164 Mar 13 2011 at 5:50 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
deathly809 wrote:
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
You just put me in your sig.

That makes you officially my *****, congratulations.


Is trolling what brings you fulfillment in life? You might want to re-evaluate your life priorities.


I'll admit that it's entirely possible the OP has been trolling us this whole time. I am curious as to whether it is a sock or not.

EDIT: Sent a PM to Kao to ask. Must know if it's actually possible that someone is this stupid or if the OP is just someone's sock, based on the low post count and the fact that all of their posts are concentrated in one thread and only one thread.

Edited, Mar 13th 2011 7:55pm by Mikhalia
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#165 Mar 13 2011 at 5:54 PM Rating: Excellent
**
317 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
deathly809 wrote:
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
You just put me in your sig.

That makes you officially my *****, congratulations.


Is trolling what brings you fulfillment in life? You might want to re-evaluate your life priorities.


I'll admit that it's entirely possible the OP has been trolling us this whole time. I am curious as to whether it is a sock or not.


There are only two choices really; either the OP is a troll or seriously deluded with a case of self-righteousness.
____________________________
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl

Carl - "Shhhh, do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness."
"That is the sound of people drowning Carl."
Carl - "That is what forgiveness sounds like, screaming and then silence."
#166 Mar 13 2011 at 5:55 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
deathly809 wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
deathly809 wrote:
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
You just put me in your sig.

That makes you officially my *****, congratulations.


Is trolling what brings you fulfillment in life? You might want to re-evaluate your life priorities.


I'll admit that it's entirely possible the OP has been trolling us this whole time. I am curious as to whether it is a sock or not.


There are only two choices really; either the OP is a troll or seriously deluded with a case of self-righteousness.


You forgot about choice 3: Both.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#167 Mar 13 2011 at 5:59 PM Rating: Excellent
**
317 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
deathly809 wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
deathly809 wrote:
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
You just put me in your sig.

That makes you officially my *****, congratulations.


Is trolling what brings you fulfillment in life? You might want to re-evaluate your life priorities.


I'll admit that it's entirely possible the OP has been trolling us this whole time. I am curious as to whether it is a sock or not.


There are only two choices really; either the OP is a troll or seriously deluded with a case of self-righteousness.


You forgot about choice 3: Both.


True, but honestly at this stage of the game we have already dug our own holes. If we leave and he is #2 then we lose, or if we stay and he is #1 then we lose. Of course it doesn't really matter since it is just an argument on the internet.
____________________________
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl

Carl - "Shhhh, do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness."
"That is the sound of people drowning Carl."
Carl - "That is what forgiveness sounds like, screaming and then silence."
#168 Mar 13 2011 at 6:17 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
deathly809 wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
deathly809 wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
deathly809 wrote:
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
You just put me in your sig.

That makes you officially my *****, congratulations.


Is trolling what brings you fulfillment in life? You might want to re-evaluate your life priorities.


I'll admit that it's entirely possible the OP has been trolling us this whole time. I am curious as to whether it is a sock or not.


There are only two choices really; either the OP is a troll or seriously deluded with a case of self-righteousness.


You forgot about choice 3: Both.


True, but honestly at this stage of the game we have already dug our own holes. If we leave and he is #2 then we lose, or if we stay and he is #1 then we lose. Of course it doesn't really matter since it is just an argument on the internet.


Internet arguments are serious business.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#169 Mar 13 2011 at 7:34 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
551 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
deathly809 wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
deathly809 wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
deathly809 wrote:
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
You just put me in your sig.

That makes you officially my *****, congratulations.


Is trolling what brings you fulfillment in life? You might want to re-evaluate your life priorities.


I'll admit that it's entirely possible the OP has been trolling us this whole time. I am curious as to whether it is a sock or not.


There are only two choices really; either the OP is a troll or seriously deluded with a case of self-righteousness.


You forgot about choice 3: Both.


True, but honestly at this stage of the game we have already dug our own holes. If we leave and he is #2 then we lose, or if we stay and he is #1 then we lose. Of course it doesn't really matter since it is just an argument on the internet.


Internet arguments are serious business.


And yet, I still fail to make any money at it.
____________________________



#170 Mar 13 2011 at 9:02 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
Zorvan wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
deathly809 wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
deathly809 wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
deathly809 wrote:
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
You just put me in your sig.

That makes you officially my *****, congratulations.


Is trolling what brings you fulfillment in life? You might want to re-evaluate your life priorities.


I'll admit that it's entirely possible the OP has been trolling us this whole time. I am curious as to whether it is a sock or not.


There are only two choices really; either the OP is a troll or seriously deluded with a case of self-righteousness.


You forgot about choice 3: Both.


True, but honestly at this stage of the game we have already dug our own holes. If we leave and he is #2 then we lose, or if we stay and he is #1 then we lose. Of course it doesn't really matter since it is just an argument on the internet.


Internet arguments are serious business.


And yet, I still fail to make any money at it.


Then you're doing it wrong; I get paid 25 cents a word; why do you think my posts are so long?
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#171 Mar 14 2011 at 5:14 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,189 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Zorvan wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
deathly809 wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
deathly809 wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
deathly809 wrote:
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
You just put me in your sig.

That makes you officially my *****, congratulations.


Is trolling what brings you fulfillment in life? You might want to re-evaluate your life priorities.


I'll admit that it's entirely possible the OP has been trolling us this whole time. I am curious as to whether it is a sock or not.


There are only two choices really; either the OP is a troll or seriously deluded with a case of self-righteousness.


You forgot about choice 3: Both.


True, but honestly at this stage of the game we have already dug our own holes. If we leave and he is #2 then we lose, or if we stay and he is #1 then we lose. Of course it doesn't really matter since it is just an argument on the internet.


Internet arguments are serious business.


And yet, I still fail to make any money at it.


Then you're doing it wrong; I get paid 25 cents a word; why do you think my posts are so long?


Psh! Is that all? I'm getting 33 cents a word... which is why my posts back at the beginning of this thread were essay-sized. I also get paid on a per-reply basis, so there's more money in the bank from my posts on the first page.

I really do need to get you in touch with my broker. :)

As to the question of whether the OP is a troll or a sock.... I'm willing to bet he's a sock. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I can't believe anyone can seriously be as delusional and ignorant as the OP. The illusion of internet anonymity is a powerful thing, I guess. **lol**


Edited, Mar 14th 2011 4:15am by oberonqa
#172 Mar 14 2011 at 5:54 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
551 posts
bsphil wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
monitor ($200, on sale, for a 24" Asus)
Those ASUS 24" monitors on Newegg look really solid; great reviews and an extremely competitive price. How are you liking it? I've been thinking of getting one soon.
This one is an ASUS VE245 and I love it. My only complaint is that the volume in the monitor's speakers is still rather low even when turned up to max, but I still use a regular set of good speakers and subwoofer so it's not a major deal. In terms of video quality (which is what you guy a monitor for ANYWAY) it's great. Worth every penny.
Cool to hear, thanks. Will be keeping that in mind, hope the $40 discount can last for a while yet, lol.


I've got the ASUS VH238H 23" http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236117, and all I can say is once you go LED, you'll never want an LCD again.
____________________________



#173 Mar 14 2011 at 7:08 AM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Zorvan wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
monitor ($200, on sale, for a 24" Asus)
Those ASUS 24" monitors on Newegg look really solid; great reviews and an extremely competitive price. How are you liking it? I've been thinking of getting one soon.
This one is an ASUS VE245 and I love it. My only complaint is that the volume in the monitor's speakers is still rather low even when turned up to max, but I still use a regular set of good speakers and subwoofer so it's not a major deal. In terms of video quality (which is what you guy a monitor for ANYWAY) it's great. Worth every penny.
Cool to hear, thanks. Will be keeping that in mind, hope the $40 discount can last for a while yet, lol.
I've got the ASUS VH238H 23" http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236117, and all I can say is once you go LED, you'll never want an LCD again.
Ahh there we go, that was the original ASUS monitor I was looking at. One inch smaller on the diagonal, but it's still replacing a nu 17" 5:4 LCD, lol. I've still never seen that brand name anywhere else, but to its credit it's holding up to this day (and I got it back in like, 2003 when this was a CHEAP LCD at $329 off Newegg). I just want something a little nicer now. Thanks for the input.



Edited, Mar 14th 2011 8:09am by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#174 Mar 14 2011 at 9:00 AM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
oberonqa wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Zorvan wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
deathly809 wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
deathly809 wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
deathly809 wrote:
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
You just put me in your sig.

That makes you officially my *****, congratulations.


Is trolling what brings you fulfillment in life? You might want to re-evaluate your life priorities.


I'll admit that it's entirely possible the OP has been trolling us this whole time. I am curious as to whether it is a sock or not.


There are only two choices really; either the OP is a troll or seriously deluded with a case of self-righteousness.


You forgot about choice 3: Both.


True, but honestly at this stage of the game we have already dug our own holes. If we leave and he is #2 then we lose, or if we stay and he is #1 then we lose. Of course it doesn't really matter since it is just an argument on the internet.


Internet arguments are serious business.


And yet, I still fail to make any money at it.


Then you're doing it wrong; I get paid 25 cents a word; why do you think my posts are so long?


Psh! Is that all? I'm getting 33 cents a word... which is why my posts back at the beginning of this thread were essay-sized. I also get paid on a per-reply basis, so there's more money in the bank from my posts on the first page.

I really do need to get you in touch with my broker. :)

As to the question of whether the OP is a troll or a sock.... I'm willing to bet he's a sock. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I can't believe anyone can seriously be as delusional and ignorant as the OP. The illusion of internet anonymity is a powerful thing, I guess. **lol**


Edited, Mar 14th 2011 4:15am by oberonqa


I would have put my money on that too, and we'd both be out. According to Kao:

Kaolian wrote:
Mikhalia wrote:
Sorry to bother you... after 150+ replies in this thread, I'm beginning to wonder if the OP is someone's sock trolling us, or if it's just a case of someone who actually is this dumb.

Hoped you could clarify.

Thanks.


It appears to just be an isolated insane person. No IP crossovers, given the E-mail name likely not a sock.

On an unrelated note, your sig is too long. Please shorten it considerably.


Ended up removing the quote from my sig. Guess I'm not his ***** anymore. Smiley: lol
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#175 Mar 14 2011 at 9:02 AM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
Zorvan wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
monitor ($200, on sale, for a 24" Asus)
Those ASUS 24" monitors on Newegg look really solid; great reviews and an extremely competitive price. How are you liking it? I've been thinking of getting one soon.
This one is an ASUS VE245 and I love it. My only complaint is that the volume in the monitor's speakers is still rather low even when turned up to max, but I still use a regular set of good speakers and subwoofer so it's not a major deal. In terms of video quality (which is what you guy a monitor for ANYWAY) it's great. Worth every penny.
Cool to hear, thanks. Will be keeping that in mind, hope the $40 discount can last for a while yet, lol.


I've got the ASUS VH238H 23" http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236117, and all I can say is once you go LED, you'll never want an LCD again.


MOAR INCHES!

I was gonna get the 27" but it was $350 and I couldn't see myself dropping 150 more for 3 more inches. Looking back, wish I had. Oh well. 24" is still plenty large enough.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#176BushwicktheBlack, Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 9:48 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) No. It seems to me that you are so "Concerned" with me, that you just needed to have a little piece of Bushy to go with you wherever you went on this board. No matter what you said from here on out, it would have something to do with me. That does indeed imply that someone here was made into a sock, but it wasn't me.
#177 Mar 14 2011 at 10:05 AM Rating: Excellent
**
317 posts
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Bullsh*ttheBlack wrote:
You just put me in your sig.

That makes you officially my *****, congratulations.


This is what I mean about you being oblivious.

You make a hilariously off base comment, someone calls you on it, and I sigged them replying to you. Furthermore, you don't even seem to notice that I modified your name to be more accurate.

The fact that you think me sigging someone calling you out on your bullsh*t somehow makes me your ***** is just one more tick mark in the "OP is so out of touch with what's going on around him that it's unreal how he manages to not get hit by parked cars on a daily basis" column.

Edited quote to more accurately reflect your name as well.

Edited, Mar 13th 2011 7:49pm by Mikhalia


No. It seems to me that you are so "Concerned" with me, that you just needed to have a little piece of Bushy to go with you wherever you went on this board. No matter what you said from here on out, it would have something to do with me. That does indeed imply that someone here was made into a sock, but it wasn't me.

By the way, you removing me from your sig immediately after me calling you on the fact that adding me to your sig makes you my *****?

That makes you my ***** even more.

I may be out of touch with "Internet Forum Reality" sweetness, but maybe you should check out "Reality Reality" sometime, there is actual humans out here.


How old are you? I honestly want to know.
____________________________
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl

Carl - "Shhhh, do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness."
"That is the sound of people drowning Carl."
Carl - "That is what forgiveness sounds like, screaming and then silence."
#178BushwicktheBlack, Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 11:07 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) 14 and a half.
#179 Mar 14 2011 at 11:55 AM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
14 and a half.
Ah, that explains it.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#180 Mar 14 2011 at 1:04 PM Rating: Excellent
**
317 posts
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
14 and a half.


This thread is done, I am not posting here anymore.
____________________________
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl

Carl - "Shhhh, do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness."
"That is the sound of people drowning Carl."
Carl - "That is what forgiveness sounds like, screaming and then silence."
#181 Mar 14 2011 at 1:47 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Bullsh*ttheBlack wrote:
You just put me in your sig.

That makes you officially my *****, congratulations.


This is what I mean about you being oblivious.

You make a hilariously off base comment, someone calls you on it, and I sigged them replying to you. Furthermore, you don't even seem to notice that I modified your name to be more accurate.

The fact that you think me sigging someone calling you out on your bullsh*t somehow makes me your ***** is just one more tick mark in the "OP is so out of touch with what's going on around him that it's unreal how he manages to not get hit by parked cars on a daily basis" column.

Edited quote to more accurately reflect your name as well.

Edited, Mar 13th 2011 7:49pm by Mikhalia


No. It seems to me that you are so "Concerned" with me, that you just needed to have a little piece of Bushy to go with you wherever you went on this board. No matter what you said from here on out, it would have something to do with me. That does indeed imply that someone here was made into a sock, but it wasn't me.

By the way, you removing me from your sig immediately after me calling you on the fact that adding me to your sig makes you my *****?

That makes you my ***** even more.

I may be out of touch with "Internet Forum Reality" sweetness, but maybe you should check out "Reality Reality" sometime, there is actual humans out here.


I don't see how having something in my sig means that all of my posts would have something to do with you. Yet again, showing your disconnect from reality. You also have no idea what a "sock" is, do you?

And I removed you from my sig because Kao asked me to in the PM I posted earlier. Reposting quote because I know you're too braindead to find it yourself:

Kaolian wrote:
Mikhalia wrote:
Sorry to bother you... after 150+ replies in this thread, I'm beginning to wonder if the OP is someone's sock trolling us, or if it's just a case of someone who actually is this dumb.

Hoped you could clarify.

Thanks.


It appears to just be an isolated insane person. No IP crossovers, given the E-mail name likely not a sock.

On an unrelated note, your sig is too long. Please shorten it considerably.


Speaking of which, would you care to let us know your opinion on the fact that even an admin is referring to you as insane?

Edited, Mar 14th 2011 3:49pm by Mikhalia
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#182BushwicktheBlack, Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 2:45 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I'm actually considering suicide, it means that much to me. (Please note that despite being labelled insane, my thread remains)
#183BushwicktheBlack, Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 2:48 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) You are also now my sock.
#184 Mar 14 2011 at 2:49 PM Rating: Excellent
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
I'm actually considering suicide, it means that much to me. (Please note that despite being labelled insane, my thread remains)

And yea, a sock is thing thing you put over your feet, but under your shoes. It's also a good word to call someone that you have made your *****, because you are so far up in them, you are wearing them like a sock.

If it means something else in nerdspeak, then no, thankfully, I don't know what that is.

So you want to be something that someone else is 'so far up in?'
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#185BushwicktheBlack, Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 2:50 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) "I don't see how having something in my sig means that all of my posts would have something to do with you. Yet again, showing your disconnect from reality. You also have no idea what a "sock" is, do you?"
#186 Mar 14 2011 at 2:53 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
I'm actually considering suicide, it means that much to me. (Please note that despite being labelled insane, my thread remains)

And yea, a sock is thing thing you put over your feet, but under your shoes. It's also a good word to call someone that you have made your *****, because you are so far up in them, you are wearing them like a sock.

If it means something else in nerdspeak, then no, thankfully, I don't know what that is.


Your thread is still here because the admins don't ban people for being stupid. In fact, I've specifically asked in the past why certain threads wherein the OP is a blithering moron (e.g. this one) aren't deleted and that was the exact answer given; "We don't ban for being stupid".

And not that I'm sure it will help, but in the (probably vain) interests and hopes that you walk away from this thread learning SOMETHING new, a sock account, short for sockpuppet, refers to an additional account that a poster uses besides their main account, typically in order to avoid the ramifications of what they plan to post.

But leave it to you to try to take a word that has a definition and give it a new one that no one but you will ever use. First you want to redefine "performance" and now you're trying to redefine "sock".

Given that you haven't even hit puberty yet, I'm not sure why I'm bothering to continue this discussion. You make it painfully obvious that you're either unwilling or unable to listen to anything anyone but yourself has to say, as well as unwilling or unable to learn anything that anyone tries to teach you.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#187BushwicktheBlack, Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 2:54 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) "Bonus points for the OP bringing his mom and dad into an internet debate. Desperation moves are usually worth a laugh but I practically fell out of my chair at that one."
#188 Mar 14 2011 at 2:56 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
"I don't see how having something in my sig means that all of my posts would have something to do with you. Yet again, showing your disconnect from reality. You also have no idea what a "sock" is, do you?"

Well, you see, if every post you make from here on out has MY NAME IN IT, then it has something to do with me, sock.



I'll briefly humor your absurd definition:

What have all of my posts in this thread to this point had to do with Tyapex or my FFXI character?

And you're still using the word wrong.

I still find it difficult to believe that anyone could possibly be this dense. I don't understand how the OP manages to dress himself in the morning; I can almost picture him shoving his head into his pants leg screaming "IT'S A SHIRT BECAUSE I SAY IT'S A SHIRT!" at his mother.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#189 Mar 14 2011 at 2:57 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
"Bonus points for the OP bringing his mom and dad into an internet debate. Desperation moves are usually worth a laugh but I practically fell out of my chair at that one."

And I suppose you sprang forth from a hard drive fully formed, hey Tron?


No, but I don't need to bring up my mommy and daddy to try to lend validity or support to anything I have to say. I'm old enough that I can come up with my own thoughts.

Yet again you miss the point like Ray Charles trying to stab a housefly with a toothpick.

Edited, Mar 14th 2011 4:57pm by Mikhalia
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#190BushwicktheBlack, Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 3:04 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) And I love, LOVE the fact you guys take the time to rate me down so it minimizes the post, then you quote me in big block letters in one of your own.
#191BushwicktheBlack, Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 3:05 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) "I still find it difficult to believe that anyone could possibly be this dense. I don't understand how the OP manages to dress himself in the morning; I can almost picture him shoving his head into his pants leg screaming "IT'S A SHIRT BECAUSE I SAY IT'S A SHIRT!" at his mother."
#192BushwicktheBlack, Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 3:10 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) "And not that I'm sure it will help, but in the (probably vain) interests and hopes that you walk away from this thread learning SOMETHING new, a sock account, short for sockpuppet, refers to an additional account that a poster uses besides their main account, typically in order to avoid the ramifications of what they plan to post."
#193BushwicktheBlack, Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 3:15 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) "No, but I don't need to bring up my mommy and daddy to try to lend validity or support to anything I have to say. I'm old enough that I can come up with my own thoughts."
#194BushwicktheBlack, Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 3:16 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) "Yet again you miss the point like Ray Charles trying to stab a housefly with a toothpick."
#195 Mar 14 2011 at 3:18 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
16,959 posts
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
"No, but I don't need to bring up my mommy and daddy to try to lend validity or support to anything I have to say. I'm old enough that I can come up with my own thoughts."

Yea, I love my mom and dad, and they taught me alot about life, and I have no compunctions about sharing what they taught and giving them credit for it, especially not on an internet forum full of little b*tches.

But you, and your generation? I'm suprised you havent actually eaten your parents.
I didn't want to tell my friends when I got back, but my parents were looking pretty delicious when I went home for Christmas...
Screenshot
____________________________
MyAnimeList FFXIV Krystal Spoonless
#196BushwicktheBlack, Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 3:19 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Oh, and:
#197 Mar 14 2011 at 3:19 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
You really need to start thinking about other people besides yourself. Namely, me. I'm eventually going to run out of ways to explain how dumb you are in a couple hundred posts or so.

I hadn't taken into account the fact that you may very well be illiterate so I will have to resort to pictures.

Screenshot
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#198BushwicktheBlack, Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 3:20 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I like you.
#199 Mar 14 2011 at 3:20 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
16,959 posts
#200 Mar 14 2011 at 3:23 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
BushwicktheBlack wrote:
"No, but I don't need to bring up my mommy and daddy to try to lend validity or support to anything I have to say. I'm old enough that I can come up with my own thoughts."

Yea, I love my mom and dad, and they taught me alot about life, and I have no compunctions about sharing what they taught and giving them credit for it, especially not on an internet forum full of little b*tches.

But you, and your generation? I'm suprised you havent actually eaten your parents.


I'm older than you. What the **** are you talking about; "your generation"?

BushwicktheBlack wrote:
Oh, and:

sock 1 (sk)
n.
1. pl. socks or sox (sks) A short stocking reaching a point between the ankle and the knee.
2. Meteorology A windsock.
3.
a. A light shoe worn by comic actors in ancient Greek and Roman plays.
b. Comic drama; comedy: "He . . . knew all niceties of the sock and buskin" (Byron).
tr.v. socked, sock·ing, socks
To provide with socks.
Phrasal Verbs:
sock away Informal
To put (money) away in a safe place for future use.
sock in
To close to air traffic: fog that socked in the airport.



I did say it was an abbreviation. Learn to read sometime.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sock+puppet

sock puppet

— n
1. a simple puppet made from a sock and worn over one hand
2. an extra online identity created by a member of a discussion forum, etc, to agree with opinions submitted under his or her usual online name

Screenshot
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#201 Mar 14 2011 at 3:31 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
200th reply GET

Screenshot
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
This thread is locked
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 24 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (24)