Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

full screen vs windowed modeFollow

#1 Mar 09 2011 at 9:26 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
140 posts
Hello, ive been playing on windowed mode since beta and never really tried full screen so my question is what is the major difference in graphics and performance between the two?

Edited, Mar 9th 2011 10:32pm by shady113
____________________________
http://xivpads.com/?1337008

i7 950 3.2 ghz, 6gb Corsair XMS3 @1600 MHZ, 580 gtx, asus sabertooth X58
#2 Mar 09 2011 at 9:32 PM Rating: Good
*
144 posts
Alt + Tab and a few extra FPS?
____________________________
Sir Littlej wrote:
i think i said goodbye, but i might have told him to go die, im not sure


Tera Kalinathon wrote:
i do like... wood o.o



#3 Mar 09 2011 at 9:33 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
140 posts
thats why i use windowed is for alt tab but was wondering if theres any benefits to full screen over windowed like better graphics etc.

Edited, Mar 9th 2011 10:36pm by shady113
____________________________
http://xivpads.com/?1337008

i7 950 3.2 ghz, 6gb Corsair XMS3 @1600 MHZ, 580 gtx, asus sabertooth X58
#4 Mar 09 2011 at 10:19 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
shady113 wrote:
thats why i use windowed is for alt tab but was wondering if theres any benefits to full screen over windowed like better graphics etc.
V-sync?
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#5 Mar 09 2011 at 11:47 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
121 posts
I've found, at least on my system, that the game actually runs better in windowed mode than in full screen.
____________________________


#6 Mar 10 2011 at 12:30 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
270 posts
Kaelanis wrote:
I've found, at least on my system, that the game actually runs better in windowed mode than in full screen.


Same here. Also, to have it look as good full screen I'd have to up the resolution to fullHD thus sacrificing 8 or so FPS.
____________________________
Refreshed ¦ Reborn
Shori Ohrensztein ¦ Ragnarok ¦ ACN
Reebie Baramnesra ¦ Midgardsomr ¦ MRD
#7 Mar 10 2011 at 5:40 AM Rating: Decent
*
141 posts
shady113 wrote:
Hello, ive been playing on windowed mode since beta and never really tried full screen so my question is what is the major difference in graphics and performance between the two?

Edited, Mar 9th 2011 10:32pm by shady113

Alt + Tab isn't working.
On some graphic cards you gain HUGE increase in performance. I was playing before on Galaxy Geforce 8600 GT OverClocked and the game was running better, smoother and faster in Window Mode and slower in full-screen. Now I'm on different card from nvidia and the game actually runs faster in full-screen so i switched to it.
#8 Mar 10 2011 at 12:55 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
The lack of Alt+Tab is so mind-boggling that I can't conceive that any game from the 21st century would still not support it. That kills any potential fullscreen mode provides, IMO.

Right now the best alternative is to use a program that will run the game in a borderless window that is set to the desktop resolution (pseudo-fullscreen). Gives the better playing experience while still retaining core functionality.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#9 Mar 10 2011 at 1:36 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
812 posts
for me the difference is that I can't play in 3D in windowed mode =/

Edited, Mar 10th 2011 2:39pm by Jefro420
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 11 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (11)