Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Missing aetherytesFollow

#1 Mar 23 2011 at 1:06 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
33 posts
Curious if anyone out there have collected all of the aetherytes and gates currently available in the game. Below is what I have left and most of them seemed pretty impossible (to solo) during my attempts, but if you have any tips, I would really appreciate them!

Coerthas:

Wyrmking's Perch - I think accessible through the tunnel just NW of Camp Riversmeet. Populated with Toxic Toads and bats from the south end to middle, which can be soloed easily. North end filled with bombs (Puroboros I think), there were as many as 7-9 and clumped together. Doesn't seem passable unless you get really lucky.
Feathergorge - Haven't found the entrance, I suspect it's near Weeping Vale because I had no luck around Dragonshead.

La Noscea:

Oakwood - Both tunnels have 2-3 Smolenkos. I guess if the stars aligned you can sneak behind them, but I have not yet successfully done so.

Black Shroud:

Lasthold - Tight corridors with Guivre/drakes makes it pretty hard to get through. No success yet.
Lichenwood - Haven't tried yet.
Turning Leaf - Haven't tried yet.

As you can see, without sneak/invisible or even reraise, a few of them seemed undoable. It's very hard to out run bombs and drakes without at least getting hit once. I doubt very few classes can take two without dying.
#2 Mar 23 2011 at 1:37 PM Rating: Excellent
A fellow explorer! Smiley: grin

I've gotten Wyrmking's Perch. It is through the cave you're thinking, yes, but you really need a decent size group of people to get through it. I'd suggest Sleeping Potions. Once you're out of the cave you have to deal with raptors and ogres, but they're much more navigable than the bombs inside.

I have most of the Thanalan gates, but haven't really tried much yet in La Noscea or TBS.

Edited, Mar 23rd 2011 12:38pm by Osarion
#3 Mar 23 2011 at 1:38 PM Rating: Good
*
206 posts
Get Rampart, Sentinel, and most importantly: Emulate for the Bombs and Drake's ranged attacks.
____________________________
#4 Mar 23 2011 at 7:51 PM Rating: Good
**
465 posts
LateReg wrote:
Get Rampart, Sentinel, and most importantly: Emulate for the Bombs and Drake's ranged attacks.

Somehow I got them all without any of this, and without sleeping potions (not that they aren't good suggestions). So it definitely is possible. I was in the 30s for a lot of them, but I'm glad I was R50 for some of the Black Shroud ones..

For Feathergorge, you're right about it being near Weeping Vale:
wiki wrote:
Although this Aetherial Gate is technically part of Coerthas Central Highlands and connected to Camp Dragonhead there, it is only accessible via the cave at (49-25) in Coerthas Eastern Lowlands, and is more easily accessed for the first time by Camp Glory or its Aetherial Gate Weeping Vale.

____________________________
Lodestone
#5 Mar 24 2011 at 7:19 AM Rating: Good
*
90 posts
atsalaz wrote:
Curious if anyone out there have collected all of the aetherytes and gates currently available in the game. Below is what I have left and most of them seemed pretty impossible (to solo) during my attempts, but if you have any tips, I would really appreciate them!

Coerthas:

Wyrmking's Perch - I think accessible through the tunnel just NW of Camp Riversmeet. Populated with Toxic Toads and bats from the south end to middle, which can be soloed easily. North end filled with bombs (Puroboros I think), there were as many as 7-9 and clumped together. Doesn't seem passable unless you get really lucky.
Feathergorge - Haven't found the entrance, I suspect it's near Weeping Vale because I had no luck around Dragonshead.

La Noscea:

Oakwood - Both tunnels have 2-3 Smolenkos. I guess if the stars aligned you can sneak behind them, but I have not yet successfully done so.

Black Shroud:

Lasthold - Tight corridors with Guivre/drakes makes it pretty hard to get through. No success yet.
Lichenwood - Haven't tried yet.
Turning Leaf - Haven't tried yet.

As you can see, without sneak/invisible or even reraise, a few of them seemed undoable. It's very hard to out run bombs and drakes without at least getting hit once. I doubt very few classes can take two without dying.




Feathergorge: the cave to get to this area is just west of weeping vale. theres gnats before the cave, and toads bats in the cave. and the raptors that are around weeping vale.

Lichenwood: has drakes and higher lvl efts waterdogs i think
Turning Leaf: is really hard to get to as there is only one way in and its pacted full of high lvl mobs that are in a tight corridor. best to have help on that one

____________________________

#6 Mar 24 2011 at 7:40 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
33 posts
Thanks for all the suggestions!

Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
I'd suggest Sleeping Potions.


Could you elaborate a bit more about how to use the Sleeping Potion? Can it be used on mobs? I'd always thought the potions are for self-consumption only.
#7 Mar 24 2011 at 7:53 AM Rating: Good
**
568 posts
atsalaz wrote:
Thanks for all the suggestions!

Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
I'd suggest Sleeping Potions.


Could you elaborate a bit more about how to use the Sleeping Potion? Can it be used on mobs? I'd always thought the potions are for self-consumption only.


This is what I'd like to know too and how do you do it?

"A powerful concoction which instantly induces deep slumber. "

I have a hard time imagining how that would help during a fight except as a remedy against the dreaded "Caffeingaja IV"
#8 Mar 24 2011 at 10:37 AM Rating: Excellent
****
9,526 posts
you actually can't use sleeping pots (or other damage pots) against yourself or allies.

You use them by pressing "u" - then a targetting arrow will come up and you press enter to throw it at the enemy.

or you can macro it (which I found helpful)

/use "Sleeping Potion" <t> is the syntax, I think.

I suggest practicing a bit (perhaps with cheaper pots like paralyzing pots) just to make sure you've gotten the hang of it before trying for a hard gate.

You also should know there is a bit of a cooldown with using offensive items (which sucks) I would say you have to wait about 10 seconds between pots - so keep that in mind.

They can fail, but they seem to have a (pulling number outta my ****) 80%+ success rate.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#9 Mar 24 2011 at 12:18 PM Rating: Excellent
/item "Sleeping Potion" <t>

Thanks for the cool thread atsalaz. I'll be returning here when I attempt the same. Thanks to everyone for the tips!

Edited, Mar 24th 2011 2:19pm by SmashingtonWho
#10 Mar 24 2011 at 12:36 PM Rating: Excellent
Cool thread. Been wanting to do some adventuring runs with my Linkshell for quite some time. With a couple of mages in my Linkshell already at 50 we can sleep mobs (I hope) and we have some excellent Glads too for death runs. This would be such fun.
____________________________
Esuna Forums

#11 Mar 24 2011 at 1:24 PM Rating: Good
seiferdincht wrote:
I have a hard time imagining how that would help during a fight except as a remedy against the dreaded "Caffeingaja IV"


You just use it on a mob that is blocking your path, And then run past before it has time to wake up.

Olorinus can verify, but I think it is 100% hit rate. When the mob does wake up, you do have aggro, so make sure you keep running until you see the "X has returned to its territory." message.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 11 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (11)