Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

FFXIV Military Strategy: Kill and Heal.Follow

#1 Apr 03 2011 at 10:47 PM Rating: Sub-Default
*
186 posts
FFXIV Military Strategy: Kill and Heal.

By ViKtoricus Fergoozo.



It was a drowsy morning when it happened... Here I am, wandering around Limsa Lominsa when I stumbled upon a japanese conjurer looking for some action. Eliza Joran is a rank 41 gladiator, and Cia Area is a rank 31 conjurer. Although the rules of the universe do not permit fairness in a world filled with penalties for having players have huge gaps between each others' ranks, she and I had a mutual willingness to venture out into the wild... find a dream toad, and kill it. And so we did. ZZZZZZzzzzziiiinnnngggggg!!!!!!!! We teleported to a lonesome field known as the Camp Bald Knoll. There we met another conjurer (female) whom I forgot the name of. It was a rare combination of a spontaneously-built team. We all know how it goes. We go to a crowded area and the place becomes a "warrior-fest". Battle axes being wielded, swords being sheathed, and haubergeons being worn by the thickliest-muscled of all Hellsguards. Good times. Good times indeed.

I've said this before and I am going to say it again. A disciple of magic is a warrior's best friend and vice-versa. One can't truly survive without the other or at least function at their optimal capacities.

I started a levequest which involved going to that annoying northern area where the destination is infested with those yarzons and fire elementals. Not to mention the Brimstone Bombs and Fachans that spawns when you step into the danger zone. Most of the people that I team up with fail with one thing: Keeping focused with the right mobs. They come in the area bashing whatever breathing creature that goes in their way, only to draw more attention of those yellow mobs who'd gangbang them along the process. And boom. They're dead and the whole team gets put on a halt.

But this one is different. You see, when you're in a military unit and one of your soldiers has an AK-47 and all the others have a gloc-9 pistol, who would you have as your "main weapon"?

In this particular, my lovely Eliza is, metaphorically-speaking, the one with the AK-47. The other two are just medics with a stun gun. They followed my lead, healed me, and everything in the mission went perfectly smooth. There were no extra mobs to kill because all the other nearby mobs were alot easier to avoid. Why wouldn't it? I'm the only real attacker.

The above example is an archetypal prototype that has been used by gamers in most MMORPGs made. You have the attackers and you have the ones who keep the attackers alive. Know your role and follow it.

"For more great advice from ViKtoricus Fergoozo, tune in at Ul'Dah (of server Besaid) for daily leadership lessons by Eliza Joran (his avatar.). Let's all make Eorzea a better place."

Edited, Apr 4th 2011 12:48am by ViKtoricus
____________________________
Watch who you are calling Douchebags, jerk. BANNED
#2 Apr 03 2011 at 11:26 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
240 posts
If we don't reply to these post maybe he'll go away...

(I see the irony in a reply saying not to reply, but someone has to say it (don't reply to my reply either <.<))
#3 Apr 03 2011 at 11:34 PM Rating: Good
Once again another useless, uninformative, and self-righteous display of pure egotistical common-sense BS. At least I can be glad that I am not on the same server, so I don't have to see this kind of garbage in game as well as on the forum.

Seriously. Give it up. This kind of post should be on your lodestone blog. Not this forum, or any other for that matter.

I will give you credit for one thing though. You sure do know how to state the obvious.

Edited, Apr 4th 2011 1:34am by StateAlchemist2
____________________________
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Data Center: Primal; Server: Ultros; Free Company: The Kraken Club; Grand Company: The Maelstrom; Chocobo: Kweh
#4 Apr 04 2011 at 10:10 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
ViKtoricus wrote:
the place becomes a "warrior-fest"...swords being sheathed


Sounds more like a "peace-fest" to me, if weapons aren't being drawn and all.
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#5 Apr 04 2011 at 10:41 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
844 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
ViKtoricus wrote:
the place becomes a "warrior-fest"...swords being sheathed


Sounds more like a "peace-fest" to me, if weapons aren't being drawn and all.

XD
____________________________
See your face upon the clear water. How dirty! Come! Wash your face!
#6 Apr 04 2011 at 11:01 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
181 posts
I actually think this post holds some value. All vets understand the main point, everyone should know & follow their roles, but the majority of new players can't seem to grasp the idea no matter how much you try to stress it to them (especially in behests). The key is patience. If you're in a well disciplined group that has the will power to stay back and let your tanks pull all your battles to you one at a time, you will never run into the problem of getting overrun by multiple mobs at once (and most likely lose out on a lot of SP).

Which reminds me, when are we going to get an auto-translate for (Please attack one mob at a time.) or (Please kill aggros first.) or (No experience points for mobs whose names stay yellow after engaged.)...I'll take any of the 3, just please give me one!!!!!

Edited, Apr 4th 2011 1:05pm by scorleone
#7 Apr 04 2011 at 11:08 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
844 posts
scorleone wrote:
I actually think this post holds some value. All vets understand the main point, everyone should know & follow their roles, but the majority of new players can't seem to grasp the idea no matter how much you try to stress it to them (especially in behests). The key is patience. If you're in a well disciplined group that has the will power to stay back and let your tanks pull all your battles to you one at a time, you will never run into the problem of getting overrun by multiple mobs at once (and most likely lose out on a lot of SP).

Well it could hold some value for people under level 10 who have never played a MMORPG before. But really, the few times I've been in a party with someone like that a quick convo over /t is enough to put them in the right path. Those who don't listen get the boot soon enough that it doesn't matter. I guess the later kind of people could maybe benefit from the OP.

At the end it's still Vik's MMORPG School for Retards and People With No Common Sense.
____________________________
See your face upon the clear water. How dirty! Come! Wash your face!
#8 Apr 04 2011 at 11:23 AM Rating: Excellent
blueazaka wrote:
If we don't reply to these post maybe he'll go away...

(I see the irony in a reply saying not to reply, but someone has to say it (don't reply to my reply either <.<))


When I can't find a way to ignore someone without replying, I just ignore myself, then I go away.

On topic: I agree. Joining together with a healer is one of those secret strategies used only by the FF elite. If you have never had a healer in your party, you should give it a shot.
#9 Apr 04 2011 at 11:30 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,120 posts
Quote:
Which reminds me, when are we going to get an auto-translate for (Please attack one mob at a time.) or (Please kill aggros first.) or (No experience points for mobs whose names stay yellow after engaged.)...I'll take any of the 3, just please give me one!!!!!


"Please set enemy marks"
"Defeat this one first!"
"Please don't attack"
"Stop!"

Those are available. Something about the yellow/red mobs would be great. But yea, in crazy behests even enemy marks are ignored sometimes. Sometimes you have too many aggressive people in the group who go opposite directions. Other times there aren't enough aggressive leader types around. The group's waiting for someone to pull anything and then just end up attacking different things. Someone needs to take the lead in those situations to prevent more madness.

It's just very disappointing to see the yellow ones die needlessly = (

Edited, Apr 4th 2011 1:31pm by TwistedOwl
____________________________

#10 Apr 04 2011 at 11:32 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
181 posts
Ilean wrote:
Well it could hold some value for people under level 10 who have never played a MMORPG before. But really, the few times I've been in a party with someone like that a quick convo over /t is enough to put them in the right path. Those who don't listen get the boot soon enough that it doesn't matter. I guess the later kind of people could maybe benefit from the OP.

At the end it's still Vik's MMORPG School for Retards and People With No Common Sense.


You'd be surprised at how many people don't understand the basics at every tier of ranks. I still see the same problems at Horizon & Nanawa that I'm used to seeing at Drybone & Black Brush. I'm guessing its because nobody took the time to teach them though and not because they have no common sense. Believe it or not, for a lot of people this could be the 1st MMO they've ever played. I'm not a Vik supporter, especially after his thread on hustling gil, but it does do some good to have posts on here for new people to learn from. It's better to teach people the right way to play the game, thus helping them overcome being a "noob" than to just sit back and talk about how crappy they are at MMO's.

So like I said, this post holds "some" value. It wasn't exactly a nooby's guide to group battles but at least it isn't a complete waste of space.
#11 Apr 04 2011 at 11:42 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
181 posts
TwistedOwl wrote:
[quote]
It's just very disappointing to see the yellow ones die needlessly = (
Edited, Apr 4th 2011 1:31pm by TwistedOwl


Dead yellow mobs = fingernails on a chalkboard >.<


#12 Apr 04 2011 at 12:32 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
Wow, poor Vik. I am not a big fan of the threads myself, however...some of ya'll can be really harsh. Can't we find a way to think about what we are saying before we say it? >_<; Anyways the only reason why I posted is because I was testing my sig.
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#13 Apr 04 2011 at 12:33 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
Testing again
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#14 Apr 04 2011 at 12:35 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
531 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
ViKtoricus wrote:
the place becomes a "warrior-fest"...swords being sheathed


Sounds more like a "peace-fest" to me, if weapons aren't being drawn and all.


Haha nice call!
____________________________






#15 Apr 04 2011 at 12:51 PM Rating: Excellent
LillithaFenimore wrote:
Wow, poor Vik. I am not a big fan of the threads myself, however...some of ya'll can be really harsh. Can't we find a way to think about what we are saying before we say it? >_<; Anyways the only reason why I posted is because I was testing my sig.


He declined the right to have us take him seriously or do anything but instantly Sub-Default him when he asked us how he could improve his image so he wouldn't be viewed as a troll, then ignored that advice and made a signature proudly displaying his troll status.
____________________________
#16 Apr 04 2011 at 12:58 PM Rating: Good
scorleone wrote:
I actually think this post holds some value.

scorleone wrote:
...but at least it isn't a complete waste of space.

Here let me show you the "value" in the form of hiding all of the "wasted space".
ViKtoricus wrote:
FFXIV Military Strategy: Kill and Heal.

By ViKtoricus Fergoozo.




It was a drowsy morning when it happened... Here I am, wandering around Limsa Lominsa when I stumbled upon a japanese conjurer looking for some action. Eliza Joran is a rank 41 gladiator, and Cia Area is a rank 31 conjurer. Although the rules of the universe do not permit fairness in a world filled with penalties for having players have huge gaps between each others' ranks, she and I had a mutual willingness to venture out into the wild... find a dream toad, and kill it. And so we did. ZZZZZZzzzzziiiinnnngggggg!!!!!!!! We teleported to a lonesome field known as the Camp Bald Knoll. There we met another conjurer (female) whom I forgot the name of. It was a rare combination of a spontaneously-built team. We all know how it goes. We go to a crowded area and the place becomes a "warrior-fest". Battle axes being wielded, swords being sheathed, and haubergeons being worn by the thickliest-muscled of all Hellsguards. Good times. Good times indeed.

I've said this before and I am going to say it again. A disciple of magic is a warrior's best friend and vice-versa. One can't truly survive without the other or at least function at their optimal capacities.

I started a levequest which involved going to that annoying northern area where the destination is infested with those yarzons and fire elementals. Not to mention the Brimstone Bombs and Fachans that spawns when you step into the danger zone. Most of the people that I team up with fail with one thing: Keeping focused with the right mobs. They come in the area bashing whatever breathing creature that goes in their way, only to draw more attention of those yellow mobs who'd gangbang them along the process. And boom. They're dead and the whole team gets put on a halt.

But this one is different. You see, when you're in a military unit and one of your soldiers has an AK-47 and all the others have a gloc-9 pistol, who would you have as your "main weapon"?

In this particular, my lovely Eliza is, metaphorically-speaking, the one with the AK-47. The other two are just medics with a stun gun. They followed my lead, healed me, and everything in the mission went perfectly smooth. There were no extra mobs to kill because all the other nearby mobs were alot easier to avoid. Why wouldn't it? I'm the only real attacker.


The above example is an archetypal prototype that has been used by gamers in most MMORPGs made. You have the attackers and you have the ones who keep the attackers alive. Know your role and follow it.

"For more great advice from ViKtoricus Fergoozo, tune in at Ul'Dah (of server Besaid) for daily leadership lessons by Eliza Joran (his avatar.). Let's all make Eorzea a better place."

Edited, Apr 4th 2011 12:48am by ViKtoricus


Edited, Apr 4th 2011 2:58pm by StateAlchemist2
____________________________
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Data Center: Primal; Server: Ultros; Free Company: The Kraken Club; Grand Company: The Maelstrom; Chocobo: Kweh
#17 Apr 04 2011 at 1:00 PM Rating: Excellent
*
91 posts
I've been looking through ViK's many threads trying to figure out what his game is, but all I can come up with is that he is the Tommy Wiseau of forum posting. He doesn't mean any harm, but he fails so miserably at conveying any kind of useful meassage that everyone can't help but laugh and shake their heads at these unnecessarily wordy articles of nothing that he calls "great advice."
#18 Apr 04 2011 at 1:24 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
181 posts
@Grand Master Alchemist: I am LMAO over here :) Very good point, it could've been delivered in a much more "straight to the point" approach and there were only a few things to really learn from it...which is why I said "some" value and didn't absolutely praise the post.


Edited, Apr 4th 2011 3:24pm by scorleone
#19 Apr 04 2011 at 2:19 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,235 posts
Wow, so the DD in the game are supposed to do damage, and the healers in the game are supposed to heal.

More Brady Guide circa 1997 advice on MMO's from the least liked player/poster in all of XIV.
____________________________


"Don't take it personally man, white knights would eat a can of **** if the label said SE on it. If anyone dared mention that it was not a good product, they'd just argue if someone can't appreciate the subtle nuances in the ****, they should just go back to eating lolrealfood, cuz the devs prolly know more about canning food than they do."
#20 Apr 04 2011 at 2:33 PM Rating: Decent
**
557 posts
I'm not sure why people get so mad at Vik, but I'll say this:

He's a really, really, really, really, really, really, really weird guy. And that's really all there is to say about Vik.

And hats off to the The Room analogy above.
____________________________


#21 Apr 04 2011 at 2:46 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,226 posts
I finished Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood last night, and the ending was more satisfying than OP's post.

Think about that: Asscreed. Ending. Satisfying.
____________________________
w(°o°)w
#22 Apr 04 2011 at 4:59 PM Rating: Excellent
**
401 posts
Restyoneck wrote:
Wow, so the DD in the game are supposed to do damage, and the healers in the game are supposed to heal.

More Brady Guide circa 1997 advice on MMO's from the least liked player/poster in all of XIV.


Lol this is what I was thinking, but it reads like a ******* child of a Brady Guide and a bad fanfic.

I don't have anything against Vik in general, his posts....are certainly unique though.
____________________________
FFXI: Server Ifrit
Licksthekitty - 68THF/41WHM/37NIN/30BLM/20COR Mithra Retired

WoW: Realm Darkspear
Claybosmash - 80 Orc Warrior Retired
Ipwnrice - 70 Undead Rogue Retired


#23ViKtoricus, Posted: Apr 04 2011 at 5:01 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I'm just testing my updated signature...
#24 Apr 04 2011 at 5:07 PM Rating: Excellent
******
48,703 posts
Screenshot

Screenshot

Screenshot

Screenshot
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#25 Apr 04 2011 at 6:11 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Ipwnrice wrote:
it reads like a ******* child of a Brady Guide and a bad fanfic.


Yes, yes it does; that's an incredibly apt description! XD
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#26 Apr 04 2011 at 8:38 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
240 posts
ViKtoricus wrote:
I'm just testing my updated signature...

Okay thanks. I appreciate it.


The beast has fed. Now he can plot out his next post in hopes of adding another troll quote to his signature.

LillithaFenimore wrote:
Wow, poor Vik. I am not a big fan of the threads myself, however...some of ya'll can be really harsh. Can't we find a way to think about what we are saying before we say it? >_<; Anyways the only reason why I posted is because I was testing my sig.


Honestly, I felt so bad for him at the point where every post he made sub-defaulted instantly. I wanted to help him out. Then he made his post "asking for help on how to be liked" which proved to many of us that he does post like this just troll and annoy. The fact that he never tries to defend himself and he gloats about the replies that insult him, further prove that he loves these replies.

SmashingtonWho wrote:
When I can't find a way to ignore someone without replying, I just ignore myself, then I go away.

On topic: I agree. Joining together with a healer is one of those secret strategies used only by the FF elite. If you have never had a healer in your party, you should give it a shot.


(He loves replies like this one... I tried to ignore myself, but I didn't go away ; ;). I see now that my first post in this thread was pointless and won't post another like it again. Sorry if it upset anyone.
#27 Apr 05 2011 at 5:24 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
494 posts
i love you lolgaxe :] mlp is the best show on tv right now ;x
#28 Apr 05 2011 at 5:52 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
blueazaka wrote:
ViKtoricus wrote:
I'm just testing my updated signature...

Okay thanks. I appreciate it.


The beast has fed. Now he can plot out his next post in hopes of adding another troll quote to his signature.

LillithaFenimore wrote:
Wow, poor Vik. I am not a big fan of the threads myself, however...some of ya'll can be really harsh. Can't we find a way to think about what we are saying before we say it? >_<; Anyways the only reason why I posted is because I was testing my sig.


Honestly, I felt so bad for him at the point where every post he made sub-defaulted instantly. I wanted to help him out. Then he made his post "asking for help on how to be liked" which proved to many of us that he does post like this just troll and annoy. The fact that he never tries to defend himself and he gloats about the replies that insult him, further prove that he loves these replies.

SmashingtonWho wrote:
When I can't find a way to ignore someone without replying, I just ignore myself, then I go away.

On topic: I agree. Joining together with a healer is one of those secret strategies used only by the FF elite. If you have never had a healer in your party, you should give it a shot.


(He loves replies like this one... I tried to ignore myself, but I didn't go away ; ;). I see now that my first post in this thread was pointless and won't post another like it again. Sorry if it upset anyone.



Blue, yeah I know I have seen how lack lustet the posts are... And I do agree with the community about his behavior, I just think maybe choice of words could have been better when discussing his shinanagins.
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 30 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (30)