Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

PS3 release anytime soon ?Follow

#1 Apr 07 2011 at 11:41 AM Rating: Decent
3 posts
So yeh, it was supposed to be sep 2010, then march 2011. do you think there is any chance it will be released by the end of may 2011?
#2 Apr 07 2011 at 11:55 AM Rating: Good
****
7,106 posts
No chance at all. It's not going to be released with only six weeks' notice.
#3 Apr 07 2011 at 11:57 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
747 posts
No freakin way....

The PS3 release will be a huge deal when it finally happens. If done correctly, there will be advertising and updates to give people who left an incentive to come back, but more importantly, overcome the negative press from the original release to help get new people signed up.

It will be like a grand re-opening, it's Square Enix's chance to reinvigorate the game, there's no way it will be some under the radar thing that will come out next month with minor (if any) coverage until then.

There's a LONG way before they even really start talking about it.

Also...this is like the third thread regarding this same issue....
____________________________
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
#4 Apr 07 2011 at 11:59 AM Rating: Default
3 posts
okay, by the end of 2011 maybe
?
#5 Apr 07 2011 at 12:04 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
844 posts
TomDGAF wrote:
okay, by the end of 2011 maybe
?

Are you trolling? Or just too dumb to figure out that if SE hasn't even hinted on a possible date there is no way for us to predict it here?
____________________________
See your face upon the clear water. How dirty! Come! Wash your face!
#6 Apr 07 2011 at 12:06 PM Rating: Good
*
175 posts
We have no way to know that... they for sure will make advertising when the release date is close..
____________________________
| I still believe in FFXIV...
My name is pronounced "kai-neh" actually.. and yes, it is feminine..
#7 Apr 07 2011 at 12:12 PM Rating: Default
3 posts
Ilean wrote:
TomDGAF wrote:
okay, by the end of 2011 maybe
?

Are you trolling? Or just too dumb to figure out that if SE hasn't even hinted on a possible date there is no way for us to predict it here?


okay chill, they hinted september 2010 last year, then march 2011. and i only said end of 2011 because ive seen may 2011 and august 2011 as possible dates
#8 Apr 07 2011 at 12:29 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
118 posts
TomDGAF wrote:
Ilean wrote:
TomDGAF wrote:
okay, by the end of 2011 maybe
?

Are you trolling? Or just too dumb to figure out that if SE hasn't even hinted on a possible date there is no way for us to predict it here?


okay chill, they hinted september 2010 last year, then march 2011. and i only said end of 2011 because ive seen may 2011 and august 2011 as possible dates



I would expect the game to be somewhat presentable by Autumn 2011. I would, all things considered, think a PS3 release would likely fall between Xmas 2011 & Spring 2012. But I wouldn't hold my breath for anything.
#9 Apr 07 2011 at 12:40 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,177 posts
March 2012 is what I'm guessing. I know you PS3 players are waiting to finally play FFXIV, but all you'll be is very disappointed if it were to be released anytime within the next six months.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#10 Apr 07 2011 at 1:12 PM Rating: Default
*
66 posts
I wonder why on play.com that they have put the release date as august 26th :S

Maybe that was the original set back date from march?

I hope it's soon regardless. Gonna be a while before I get a new pc lol

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/10296365/Final-Fantasy-XIV/Product.html?searchstring=final+fantasy&searchtype=PS3&searchsource=2&searchfilters=s
#11 Apr 07 2011 at 1:32 PM Rating: Excellent
Konydiver wrote:
I wonder why on play.com that they have put the release date as august 26th :S

Maybe that was the original set back date from march?

I hope it's soon regardless. Gonna be a while before I get a new pc lol

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/10296365/Final-Fantasy-XIV/Product.html?searchstring=final+fantasy&searchtype=PS3&searchsource=2&searchfilters=s


I think they do this to get pre-order sales. People will not pre-order if no date is listed, so they just make one up. It's a pretty shady practice.

When SE does set a PS3 release date, it will be posted everywhere.


#12 Apr 07 2011 at 1:32 PM Rating: Decent
*
109 posts
If SE is smart, they wont release ffxiv on ps3 for at least 14 months from now. Game still has huge amounts of stuff that needs to be done with it before even thinking of releasing it on ps3. If they release it way before then, it's going to be a major failure like it was when they relased the PC version.
____________________________
Windows 7 (64-bit)
Thermaltake Xaser VI Full Tower
MSI 790FX-GD70
2 OCZ SSD 120GB
AMD Phenom II 965 Quad-core 3.4Ghz
2 ATI Sapphire HD5870 1gb GDDR5
8GB OCZ DDR3
#13 Apr 07 2011 at 3:31 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,636 posts
So tired of reading these threads..

Ignore what Amazon, bestbuy, your local dude at gamestop. there is no release date. There is no hint of a release date. When there is one, there will be an announcement of some kind on these sites. There will be some advertising maybe. More importantly it will be somewhere on SEs site.
____________________________


#14 Apr 07 2011 at 5:38 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
Avatar
**
676 posts
Many businesses put in a date so they have kind of a place holder. It is basically just something they can tell customers whenever one asks. I'm sure if you went out and asked 3 different businesses, you'll probably get 3 different answers. If SE didn't say it, it's just a placeholder.
____________________________
#15 Apr 07 2011 at 8:48 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,606 posts
SmashingtonWho wrote:
I think they do this to get pre-order sales. People will not pre-order if no date is listed, so they just make one up. It's a pretty shady practice.

That's my thought. Gamestop has started taking preorders for Diablo 3 now. While I'm cautiously optimistic it will be released this year, it could still be another year or more.
#16 Apr 07 2011 at 9:01 PM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
TomDGAF wrote:
Ilean wrote:
TomDGAF wrote:
okay, by the end of 2011 maybe
?

Are you trolling? Or just too dumb to figure out that if SE hasn't even hinted on a possible date there is no way for us to predict it here?


okay chill, they hinted september 2010 last year, then march 2011. and i only said end of 2011 because ive seen may 2011 and august 2011 as possible dates
No, you've not seen may/august 2011 as "possible". They were never possible release dates. It's ready when it's ready, FFXIV for PS3 is being developed on a Duke Nukem Forever timeline (or rather, in Valve time).



Edited, Apr 7th 2011 10:02pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#17 Apr 08 2011 at 11:09 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
262 posts
In the mean time, do what I did. For my mmo fix I picked up DC universe online for ps3.

Fast action and really fun. No long grind to level up, only a grind for gear that is set in a comic's universe.
#18 Apr 09 2011 at 10:10 AM Rating: Good
*
91 posts
Pyrien wrote:
If SE is smart, they wont release ffxiv on ps3 for at least 14 months from now. Game still has huge amounts of stuff that needs to be done with it before even thinking of releasing it on ps3. If they release it way before then, it's going to be a major failure like it was when they relased the PC version.

Mark my words, no one and I do me no one is going to pay $60 to play a 2 year old game that had a failed launch. If they dont launch the PS3 release this year, there better off scrapping the game before they waste any more money!
____________________________
Bst75/Whm37
#19 Apr 09 2011 at 10:47 AM Rating: Decent
Hatamaz wrote:
No long grind to level up, only a grind for gear


Sounds a bit too easy-mode for my tastes. Personally a game in which the only challenging thing is getting gear is ridiculous. If leveling is so easy, everyone might as well just go ahead and start at max level.

That said, I can see a PS3 launch as early as September but no later than December.
____________________________
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Data Center: Primal; Server: Ultros; Free Company: The Kraken Club; Grand Company: The Maelstrom; Chocobo: Kweh
#20 Apr 09 2011 at 10:48 AM Rating: Decent
jackelalexander wrote:
Mark my words, no one and I do me no one is going to pay $60 to play a 2 year old game that had a failed launch.


You are quite mistaken. I plan on buying a PS3 version regardless of when it is released or how much it costs. I want to be able to dual-box. So, yeah...

Edited, Apr 9th 2011 12:48pm by StateAlchemist2
____________________________
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Data Center: Primal; Server: Ultros; Free Company: The Kraken Club; Grand Company: The Maelstrom; Chocobo: Kweh
#21 Apr 09 2011 at 11:28 AM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
It will probably be on a release deal for $39.99 or something along those lines. Or include a lot of free items, a buddy pass, and etc to entice people to give the game another go and release it for normal price.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#22 Apr 09 2011 at 1:53 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,232 posts
Since I only game on consoles, I'll be picking up the PS3 version regardless as well. I'm just waiting. :)
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#23 Apr 09 2011 at 7:24 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
262 posts
Grand Master Alchemist StateAlchemist2 wrote:
Hatamaz wrote:
No long grind to level up, only a grind for gear


Sounds a bit too easy-mode for my tastes. Personally a game in which the only challenging thing is getting gear is ridiculous. If leveling is so easy, everyone might as well just go ahead and start at max level.

That said, I can see a PS3 launch as early as September but no later than December.


To each their own. The game has challenge, it's just not the leveling up that is a challenge. The point of dcuo to me is it is alot of fun.

I was only wanting to try dcuo out until ffxiv came to the ps3, but now I'm not sure what I will do if/when it comes out.

I loved ffxi for the years that I played it, and was really excited about ffxiv when I heard about it. But now after seeing a friend play it on his pc, it just doesn't look that appealing to me. I'm actually disappointed in how much it looked like ffxi just with better graphics. They seriously couldn't come up with newer looking races?

Anyways, I don't mean to bash a game already having a hard time. Just feel like they could have conquered the world with this game, but failed so miserably.
#24 Apr 09 2011 at 7:52 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Grand Master Alchemist StateAlchemist2 wrote:
a game in which the only challenging thing is getting gear is ridiculous. If leveling is so easy, everyone might as well just go ahead and start at max level.


Yeah, no kidding. Why even have it there if it doesn't even remotely challenge you? I'm not a mindless computer, I require some kind of intellectual stimulation in an activity. :\
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#25 Apr 10 2011 at 12:06 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
jackelalexander wrote:
Pyrien wrote:
If SE is smart, they wont release ffxiv on ps3 for at least 14 months from now. Game still has huge amounts of stuff that needs to be done with it before even thinking of releasing it on ps3. If they release it way before then, it's going to be a major failure like it was when they relased the PC version.

Mark my words, no one and I do me no one is going to pay $60 to play a 2 year old game that had a failed launch. If they dont launch the PS3 release this year, there better off scrapping the game before they waste any more money!
Hi2u FFXI for xbox360, released 2 and a half years after NA PC release (which itself was a year and a half after the JP release). Though to be fair, FFXI was a good game.

LebargeX wrote:
Since I only game on consoles
lol

Edited, Apr 10th 2011 1:07pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#26 Apr 10 2011 at 9:42 PM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
LebargeX wrote:
Since I only game on consoles
lol

Edited, Apr 10th 2011 1:07pm by bsphil [/quote]

It's an agreement between the wife and I... the PC is hers, the console is mine... nothing to lol about
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#27 Apr 11 2011 at 12:47 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
176 posts
LebargeX wrote:
LebargeX wrote:
Since I only game on consoles
lol

It's an agreement between the wife and I... the PC is hers, the console is mine... nothing to lol about

Get another PC and stop letting your wife wear the pants!

Edited, Apr 11th 2011 2:47am by Riniaru
____________________________

TERA looks tasty...
#28 Apr 11 2011 at 12:37 PM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
Riniaru wrote:
LebargeX wrote:
LebargeX wrote:
Since I only game on consoles
lol

It's an agreement between the wife and I... the PC is hers, the console is mine... nothing to lol about

Get another PC and stop letting your wife wear the pants!

Edited, Apr 11th 2011 2:47am by Riniaru


Honestly, I prefer the consoles. Our PC isn't really a gaming rig either. As far as I've seen there's just not enough out there that I feel I'm missing that's going to translate into the cost of a gaming PC. If the PS3 release never happens, it looks like I won't be missing much anyway. ;)
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#29 Apr 11 2011 at 8:06 PM Rating: Decent
13 posts
i wouldn't expect a PS3 release date till the E3 expo in early June, if SE dont announce the release date at E3 expo then i wouldn't expect it to be release in 2011. It would not surprise me at all if it's delayed till fall 2012.

I dont think PS3 version will end up doing well either, all this talks of FFXIV suck and its becoming FFXI-2 and the multiple delays has really been a buzz kill. Not to mention there will be others console MMO to compete against, DCUO already been release, Planetside Next coming soon, Blizzard been talking about releaseing Diablo III on console, Corpernicus and Everquest Next may also be release on PS3.

Edited, Apr 11th 2011 10:08pm by LeonidasDaGreat
#30 Apr 11 2011 at 8:45 PM Rating: Excellent
*
140 posts
The question is whether or not people will still care about FFXIV in 2012. Failed launch, a year-and-a-half of flopping around, trying to find its niche...by the time it releases, its currently dwindling "mindshare" (for better or worse) may be tapped out.

They have to rush it out, but it can't be a horrid spectacle like the PC launch. Really, I don't envy the devs behind this project.
#31 Apr 13 2011 at 1:13 PM Rating: Decent
7 posts
There are made-up release dates in my country too.

But I have another question considering PS3 release, I couldn't find the answer elsewhere (I searched, honestly).
Since I played the PC version until now, if I buy the ps3 version, how will I be able or will I be able at all to continue playing my character? I mean - how will it work since my pc version is attached to my SE account? Just log in normally?
Anybody knows?

Thanks in advance :)
____________________________


#32 Apr 13 2011 at 4:09 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
494 posts
I have a feeling their marketing department will pressure them to release it in november 2011, at a considerably lower price than the PC version was, with special bonus items or 3-months free gameplay.
The reason for this is that they will be able to advertise over christmas and get a lot of people to purchase the game as a gift.
Further, people who normally have school and work will probably have christmas off and therefore have some free time to start playing the game.

#33 Apr 14 2011 at 5:46 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,422 posts
riziak wrote:
Since I played the PC version until now, if I buy the ps3 version, how will I be able or will I be able at all to continue playing my character? I mean - how will it work since my pc version is attached to my SE account? Just log in normally?


If it works anything like FFXI, then yeah, you'll be able to log in normally from your PS3 with no problems whatsoever.

EDIT: Ok, I stand corrected. You absolutely HAVE to buy the same game twice in order to be able to log in from both systems, you can't just borrow a disc from your friend to install it? Nice. Great. What's next, have the discs self-destruct five seconds after installing the game? Cause, you know, they're just so **** valuable by themselves and all.

Edited, Apr 14th 2011 4:06pm by RajiFarlander
#34 Apr 14 2011 at 6:48 AM Rating: Good
***
1,606 posts
riziak wrote:
There are made-up release dates in my country too.

But I have another question considering PS3 release, I couldn't find the answer elsewhere (I searched, honestly).
Since I played the PC version until now, if I buy the ps3 version, how will I be able or will I be able at all to continue playing my character? I mean - how will it work since my pc version is attached to my SE account? Just log in normally?
Anybody knows?

Thanks in advance :)

With FFXI, if you bought the PC version and someone happened to give you their old 360 disc (with no codes or anything) you could play XI on the 360. The system didn't care on what platform you were playing. I thought with FFXIV that was different now where if you bought the PC version and someone were to give you their PS3 disc (with no codes again), you wouldn't be able to play your PC character on the PS3 until you got a code for the PS3. Think it even mentions it in the game manual.

If you buy the PS3 version then you have the PS3 codes so you'd be covered either way. Just associate the PS3 codes with your account and you could use your character either place.

Maybe SE has or will change that considering how the game was released but I'm not sure.
#35 Apr 14 2011 at 1:50 PM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
MrTalos wrote:
riziak wrote:
There are made-up release dates in my country too.

But I have another question considering PS3 release, I couldn't find the answer elsewhere (I searched, honestly).
Since I played the PC version until now, if I buy the ps3 version, how will I be able or will I be able at all to continue playing my character? I mean - how will it work since my pc version is attached to my SE account? Just log in normally?
Anybody knows?

Thanks in advance :)

With FFXI, if you bought the PC version and someone happened to give you their old 360 disc (with no codes or anything) you could play XI on the 360. The system didn't care on what platform you were playing. I thought with FFXIV that was different now where if you bought the PC version and someone were to give you their PS3 disc (with no codes again), you wouldn't be able to play your PC character on the PS3 until you got a code for the PS3. Think it even mentions it in the game manual.

If you buy the PS3 version then you have the PS3 codes so you'd be covered either way. Just associate the PS3 codes with your account and you could use your character either place.

Maybe SE has or will change that considering how the game was released but I'm not sure.
That's correct, you can still play the same account on PC and PS3, just like FFXI with PC/360/PS2, but now you need a code from both the PC *AND* PS3 versions to get access on both. Slight derivation from FFXI, in the wrong direction IMO, but that's how it stands now.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#36 Apr 14 2011 at 2:19 PM Rating: Good
SexyHumeTiberius wrote:
They have to rush it out, but...


Respectfully, I disagree. I believe players will still be mildly interested no matter how long it takes to release on PS3.

For one, if you have a PS3, the choices for online MMOs are pretty slim.

In my experience, the average gamer gets tired of what they are playing on a fairly regular basis. Some people are going to pick up FFXIV for PS3 sooner or later just because they can.

When this time comes, it is essential that the game is polished and fun. While some debate if this is even possible, I am still (mostly) confident that, with enough time, FFXIV can become the game we all wanted. That is the game I want to see at PS3 release, even if it is 2 years from now.

The very last thing they need to do is "rush it out".
#37 Apr 14 2011 at 2:30 PM Rating: Default
I project release by October 2011 if not slightly before. The PS3 release delay was only implemented due to a lack of content direction in the PC release. Until that announcement SE was confident that PS3 release would happen early 2011.

I don't have PC version so I can't comment with authority if the level of content is at release level or even close to it, but from my research it sounds like game breaking glitches are resolved, content has been increased and customer complaints are being addressed.

As with any MMO there is never enough content when the game is first released. **** I started on FFXI on the PS2 release and I didn't feel there was enough content until CoP release. I am sure SE knows this and most of you MMO vets out there will recognize the continual thirst for content gamers have for MMO's.

I also think PS3 release will neatly coincide with first major expansion release so I am calling it at Oct 2011.
#38 Apr 14 2011 at 3:29 PM Rating: Default
with all these updates that are said to be soon i think its alot sooner than i did before, especially with the comment of the new races to be added along withthe release of the ps3 version. That comment alone made me think that they have a closer release date than i did in my head lol
#39 Apr 15 2011 at 10:00 AM Rating: Excellent
*
56 posts
So I've been on break from forums since nothing concerns me until the PS3 version is out. Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy for the game to release this fall, but I might be a bit happier even with summer 2012. With my luck though, it'll be fall. See, I plan to leave the country for 4 months by February. So of course, this game, that was my 20th birthday present, will be released right before I lose the ability to play it..... So there's your answer! Probably the end of 2011...
#40 Apr 15 2011 at 10:54 PM Rating: Good
I don't think they are working on PS3 at all. And for the expansion, only models and backgrounds. They are probably waiting to see how the battle system changes pan out before making actual expansion content. Further, it is reasonable to assume that they are only going to write the PS3 version one time after the game is completely redone.

I would be surprised to see PS3 release this year.

I predict PS3 release + Expansion + Subscription fees next February. You heard it here first.
#41 Apr 19 2011 at 4:59 AM Rating: Decent
**
438 posts
hopefully they don't release the PS 3 version until they:

1) add a real AH, instead of this retainer nonsense.
2) is there an in game mail system yet?
3) further simplify crafting. also a crafting panel. there's no reason to have to write everything down or rely on 3rd party sites.
4) auto attack. spamming is boring as ****.
5) move FFXIV config into the game it's self. It's ridiculous that I should have to close out of 14 just to change my video or gamepad settings.
6)get rid of clickandbuy.com
7) get rid of some of these unnessesary menus and screens. Yes I want to play the game, no you don't have to ask me twice, no we don't need a starting screen. having to enter the menu to release is stupid as well, just pop it up on the screen when I die, LIKE YOU DID 7 YEARS AGO IN YOUR LAST GAME. Consolidation is the key.
8) Since we get only 4 guildleves to do every 36 hours, theres no reason that we should be allowed only one attempt, especially since it's timed. Some times unfortunate stuff happens, so you just pick yourself up and try again, but not in this case apparently.
____________________________
Star Swirl on Behemoth AKA Best-hemoth AKA The Cool Kid's Table----60AST, 60WHM, 60SCH/SMN, 60BLM, 60MNK, 38 PLD, 34DRG, 31NIN, 27MRD
FFXI- Derpypony on Asura
Check out the Dream Network, a Twitch.tv community for XIV fans, featuring notable streamers like Mr. Happy, MTQcapture, Rahhzay, and Slyakagreyfox! http://dreamnetwork.tv/forum/index.php
Then maybe check out myself, EquestriaGuy, on twitch at http://www.twitch.tv/equestriaguy


#42 Apr 19 2011 at 4:49 PM Rating: Excellent
**
395 posts
You can do 8 guildleves every 36 hours, not 4.

I don't think they are working on the expansion, at all - because they haven't even finished the main storyline yet.

Before Rise of the Zilart came out for FFXI they had already completed the Shadow Lord storyline of the 3 nations to rank 6.

The storyline ends of a cliffhanger, and not a single real boss fight. So, I'd expect that we'll get another set of missions and content, before we start hearing about an expansion. I doubt we'll destroy the Empire but something will happen.

The PS3 version does need some changes, but I wish people would stop saying Auction House. The dead horse can't possibly be anymore beaten. We'll never get an auction house, they'll continue to refine the market wards. If you want to be helpful suggest some changes to the MWs - Such as, searching for HQ items, a Buy Now button wouldn't hurt either. The market wards give us way more functionality than the original FFXI AH did - You can sell items in different locations, you can sell 20 items at once (10 per retainer, with the promise of being able to buy more in the future for $1 each), you can have your retainer repair your gear, you can post "Want To Buy" ads, and unlike an AH, it's not crowded with lag. AHs are the centerpoint of cities in most MMOs, and are always laggy and crowded with players. Market wards are new zones for each category your selling and alleviate server congestion. The MWs need improvement, they aren't perfect, but they get a little closer each time.


I think if they were working on the PS3 release at a decent pace we'd be given a timeline now. The fact that we haven't been told when it's coming out, or even what quarter of what year, is a sign that it will either A) Never come out, or B) Come out a -long- time from now as its a non-prioritized task.

If Yoshi-P had a team of 20 people working on the PS3 he'd likely tell us "We're aiming for a Q3 2011 release, and I'll do everything I can to get there if possible". The dread silence tells me nobody is working on it, or no significant number of resources are being allocated towards it.





Edited, Apr 19th 2011 6:51pm by Eadieni
____________________________

http://www.prismaticllama.com/
http://www.sologensystems.com
The Prismatic Llama - Peru's llamas got nothing on us.
#43 Apr 19 2011 at 5:17 PM Rating: Decent
45 posts
riziak wrote:
There are made-up release dates in my country too.

But I have another question considering PS3 release, I couldn't find the answer elsewhere (I searched, honestly).
Since I played the PC version until now, if I buy the ps3 version, how will I be able or will I be able at all to continue playing my character? I mean - how will it work since my pc version is attached to my SE account? Just log in normally?
Anybody knows?

Thanks in advance :)



This guy calls the poster a troll for asking when the PS3 will be out... Then wants to know if he can play his PC char on his PS3. lol Look it up bro, try again... the answer to your question has been out for over a year.
____________________________
#44 Apr 19 2011 at 5:36 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
KujaKoF wrote:
Ignore... your local dude at gamestop.


Who cares if he can only fake his way through the most basic game-related questions and obviously only occasionally plays Wii Tennis, he's wearing a namebadge! A Gamestop namebadge! Plus, he said that he totally has a friend whose cousin gets special info from the dev. team! D:
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#45 Apr 19 2011 at 7:50 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
garethrogue wrote:
8) Since we get only 4 guildleves to do every 36 hours, theres no reason that we should be allowed only one attempt, especially since it's timed. Some times unfortunate stuff happens, so you just pick yourself up and try again, but not in this case apparently.


No you get 8 Local and 8 Regional per 36 hours, and you get to retry it at the next reset should you failed it, it will not be accounted into the brand new 8/8 limit. The retry attempt does not lock into how many leves you can pick at the next reset.
____________________________




#46 Apr 19 2011 at 8:06 PM Rating: Default
**
438 posts
Khornette wrote:
garethrogue wrote:
8) Since we get only 4 guildleves to do every 36 hours, theres no reason that we should be allowed only one attempt, especially since it's timed. Some times unfortunate stuff happens, so you just pick yourself up and try again, but not in this case apparently.


No you get 8 Local and 8 Regional per 36 hours, and you get to retry it at the next reset should you failed it, it will not be accounted into the brand new 8/8 limit. The retry attempt does not lock into how many leves you can pick at the next reset.



oh interesting, thanks for that.
____________________________
Star Swirl on Behemoth AKA Best-hemoth AKA The Cool Kid's Table----60AST, 60WHM, 60SCH/SMN, 60BLM, 60MNK, 38 PLD, 34DRG, 31NIN, 27MRD
FFXI- Derpypony on Asura
Check out the Dream Network, a Twitch.tv community for XIV fans, featuring notable streamers like Mr. Happy, MTQcapture, Rahhzay, and Slyakagreyfox! http://dreamnetwork.tv/forum/index.php
Then maybe check out myself, EquestriaGuy, on twitch at http://www.twitch.tv/equestriaguy


#47ryikov, Posted: Apr 22 2011 at 6:26 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Its being released November 2, 2011
#48 Apr 22 2011 at 8:39 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
551 posts
ryikov wrote:
Its being released November 2, 2011

Which area of your **** did you pull this from?

Edited, Apr 22nd 2011 10:40pm by Zorvan
____________________________



#49 Apr 25 2011 at 4:35 PM Rating: Default
2 posts
Gamestops new release date printout
#50 Apr 27 2011 at 2:05 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,955 posts
The PSN better get it's act together or the XIV PS3 release will be kinda moot.
#51 Apr 27 2011 at 3:09 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
2,045 posts
Quote:
The PSN better get it's act together or the XIV PS3 release will be kinda moot.


Wasn't this the thing where the only way for Sony to fix it was to recall every PS3? If it is I don't think they can do anything about it.
____________________________
BANNED
« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 18 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (18)