Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Gathering Limit - Did you know?Follow

#1 Apr 14 2011 at 12:55 PM Rating: Excellent
Originally posted in the Blog of Meenkie Bladedancer (Lindblum)
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/diary/entry?e=167551

Community name “Gathering Fatigue”

Quote:
“To clear up your questions, we have checked with the Dev. team and found out the following.

As a countermeasure against RMT activities, the probability of gaining items through gathering will start to decrease after repeated attempts over a long period of time. After a certain number of attempts, items will no longer be obtainable through gathering.

To explain a little more on what goes on behind the scenes, there is an internal counter which measures how often a player has attempted gathering activities. Players will start with a maximum pool of 2,500, which will decrease by 10 each time a gathering attempt is successful and yields an item. Once this number decreases to 1,000, players will find it harder to obtain items. At 0, items can no longer be obtained through gathering.

Stopping gathering for some time will bump this number back up. The recovery rate is currently set at 100 per hour.”


150 succesful attempts before you will see a reduction. 250 succesful attempts maximum. Regen at 10 successes per hour.

Thanks Meenkie.

Edited, Apr 14th 2011 2:56pm by SmashingtonWho
#2 Apr 14 2011 at 2:22 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
194 posts
Great find, thanks for posting that here at ZAM Smash. I have little patience for Lodestone forums. This is the first time I've seen any hard data on the mechanics of "gathering fatigue".

I understand the underlying intent of putting an RMT deterrent in place, but at the same time, hasn't SE always said from the start that they envisioned DoL jobs as being viable "mains"? This mechanic seems to contradict that idea; battle fatigue slows down the SP on your DoW/DoM jobs, but gathering fatigue sounds like it's basically a brick wall.

My MIN and BOT are both rank 23 atm, and I find them painfully boring and slow to grind. I've heard "sweat of brow" is great, but even then, I can't imagine that any DoL isn't a nightmare to take to 50. Even with all of the improvements to the animations, frame rates, and interface, these jobs just take way too long. Now we find that there's a "brick wall" type of mechanic in place.

If DoL jobs are going to be side-jobs / secondary professions then the leveling curve needs to be reduced by.....oh, I don't know.....HALF. I just don't like the idea that I can take a DoM / DoW from rank 1 to rank 50 in a fraction of the time it takes to level any DoL or DoH from rank 1 to rank 50.

Edited, Apr 14th 2011 4:23pm by thejones
#3 Apr 14 2011 at 10:35 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
At least you got universally accessible gathering node. That's still 1000x times better than competing with bots for node respawn (and get none out of hours of competing).
____________________________




#4 Apr 15 2011 at 7:40 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
787 posts
So does that mean if I harvest a tree long enough, I'll eventually start getting lots of drops of logs once my character runs out of chances in getting feathers and similar stuff? Or does the fatigue count every drop from a node?
#5 Apr 15 2011 at 7:55 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
thejones wrote:
Great find, thanks for posting that here at ZAM Smash. I have little patience for Lodestone forums. This is the first time I've seen any hard data on the mechanics of "gathering fatigue".

I understand the underlying intent of putting an RMT deterrent in place, but at the same time, hasn't SE always said from the start that they envisioned DoL jobs as being viable "mains"? This mechanic seems to contradict that idea; battle fatigue slows down the SP on your DoW/DoM jobs, but gathering fatigue sounds like it's basically a brick wall.

My MIN and BOT are both rank 23 atm, and I find them painfully boring and slow to grind. I've heard "sweat of brow" is great, but even then, I can't imagine that any DoL isn't a nightmare to take to 50. Even with all of the improvements to the animations, frame rates, and interface, these jobs just take way too long. Now we find that there's a "brick wall" type of mechanic in place.

If DoL jobs are going to be side-jobs / secondary professions then the leveling curve needs to be reduced by.....oh, I don't know.....HALF. I just don't like the idea that I can take a DoM / DoW from rank 1 to rank 50 in a fraction of the time it takes to level any DoL or DoH from rank 1 to rank 50.

Edited, Apr 14th 2011 4:23pm by thejones


Please note this has nothing to do with the receiving og of SP or EXP, just actual items themselves.
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#6 Apr 15 2011 at 8:19 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
194 posts
Oh that's interesting Hugus, thanx!

The only reason I even dabble in DoL is to get raw mats to support my DoH jobs. Unfortunately, I've reached a point at CRP(27) and GSM(31) where I need raw materials from Grade 4 nodes (silver ore and oak / yew logs to be specific) to continue advancing my crafts.

It feels like I've been grinding on Grade 3 nodes for A LONG TIME just so I can get the "locate grade 4 node" abilities.
#7 Apr 15 2011 at 11:18 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
186 posts
So let me get this straight.

Your main job requires you to harvest.

You can not gain exp by any other means.

And you have a hard cap on the amount of times you can perform your main job.

Once again, F U SE.

Great Douche Bag move.

SE continues to find new and interesting ways to amaze me with their stupidity.

Edited, Apr 16th 2011 1:22am by LordAshal
#8 Apr 16 2011 at 1:52 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,674 posts
LordAshal wrote:
So let me get this straight.

Your main job requires you to harvest.

You can not gain exp by any other means.

And you have a hard cap on the amount of times you can perform your main job.

Once again, F U SE.

Great Douche Bag move.

SE continues to find new and interesting ways to amaze me with their stupidity.

Edited, Apr 16th 2011 1:22am by LordAshal


Just curious.

Do all of your posts have that annoying sentence, double space, sentence, structure?

Because they're really starting to get agitating.

So is the fact all your posts are basically just "F U SE" ad nauseum, it seems.

I mean I'm hardly playing as well, and am underwhelmed by the current pace of changes too.

But you just come off as irritating, with little to no actual merit to what you write.

But that's just my opinion.

And you're entitled to yo--OH GOD NOW IM DOING IT TOO.

Edited, Apr 16th 2011 3:55am by Satisiun
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI Character(s)
Name: Satisiun
Server: Carbuncle (RIP Gilgamesh)
Jobs: 99DRG, 99PLD, 99RDM, 99WHM | Everything else: 50-60
~Retired.~

Final Fantasy XIV Character(s)
Name: Satisiun Desain
Server(s): Sargantas (primary)
DoW/DoM/DoH/DoL: 50
#9 Apr 16 2011 at 1:55 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
186 posts
Satisiun wrote:
LordAshal wrote:
So let me get this straight.

Your main job requires you to harvest.

You can not gain exp by any other means.

And you have a hard cap on the amount of times you can perform your main job.

Once again, F U SE.

Great Douche Bag move.

SE continues to find new and interesting ways to amaze me with their stupidity.

Edited, Apr 16th 2011 1:22am by LordAshal


Just curious.

Do all of your posts have that annoying sentence, double space, sentence, structure?

Because they're really starting to get annoying.

So is the fact all your posts are basically just "F U SE" ad nauseum, it seems.

I mean I'm hardly playing as well, and am underwhelmed by the current pace of changes too.

But you just come off as irritating, with little to no actual merit to what you write.

But that's just my opinion.

And you're entitled to yo--OH GOD NOW IM DOING IT TOO.

Edited, Apr 16th 2011 3:53am by Satisiun


Yup
#10 Apr 16 2011 at 3:10 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
176 posts
Hugus wrote:
thejones wrote:
Great find, thanks for posting that here at ZAM Smash. I have little patience for Lodestone forums. This is the first time I've seen any hard data on the mechanics of "gathering fatigue".

I understand the underlying intent of putting an RMT deterrent in place, but at the same time, hasn't SE always said from the start that they envisioned DoL jobs as being viable "mains"? This mechanic seems to contradict that idea; battle fatigue slows down the SP on your DoW/DoM jobs, but gathering fatigue sounds like it's basically a brick wall.

My MIN and BOT are both rank 23 atm, and I find them painfully boring and slow to grind. I've heard "sweat of brow" is great, but even then, I can't imagine that any DoL isn't a nightmare to take to 50. Even with all of the improvements to the animations, frame rates, and interface, these jobs just take way too long. Now we find that there's a "brick wall" type of mechanic in place.

If DoL jobs are going to be side-jobs / secondary professions then the leveling curve needs to be reduced by.....oh, I don't know.....HALF. I just don't like the idea that I can take a DoM / DoW from rank 1 to rank 50 in a fraction of the time it takes to level any DoL or DoH from rank 1 to rank 50.

Edited, Apr 14th 2011 4:23pm by thejones


Please note this has nothing to do with the receiving og of SP or EXP, just actual items themselves.

Huh? It affects SP gain too because it counts as a failed gathering attempt.
____________________________

TERA looks tasty...
#11 Apr 16 2011 at 7:50 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
235 posts
Quote:

Please note this has nothing to do with the receiving og of SP or EXP, just actual items themselves.


I don't know about the other gathering jobs, but as a Fisher, those items are what give me my SP/EXP. If I stop gathering items, I stop getting both SP and EXP
____________________________


#12 Apr 16 2011 at 7:00 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
*
197 posts
Hmmm.... I can understand they want to get RMT activities to a minimum, but what about other legit players who want to play their gathering job for a long time and enjoy themselves while at it?
It seems they're either forcing players, in an artificial manner, to switch to a different class, or they limiting play-time making the game "casual" but casual as in, I don't play it that often cause I can't - and I can't cause I don't get to advance my preferred job.

I have a CON at 50, and ranking up my THM. When I hit heavy fatigue on it I don't log in. I don't feel like crafting so the fatigue (mechanic to stop RMT to powerlevel) is in terms keeping me away from the game. And I don't feel like playing any DoW class. Same for gathering jobs I guess, no items = no exp/sp :( unless they mean specific type of item (feather, branch, log....)

Good intentions but in practice, it certainly harms the players too, not just the RMT.
#13 Apr 17 2011 at 10:20 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
Scape13 wrote:
Quote:

Please note this has nothing to do with the receiving og of SP or EXP, just actual items themselves.


I don't know about the other gathering jobs, but as a Fisher, those items are what give me my SP/EXP. If I stop gathering items, I stop getting both SP and EXP


I think what he meant is that the factor determining fatigue is number of successful harvest and not an amount of SP/EXP. Also fatigue does not make your SP/EXP gain equals zero, it cuts half of your SP/EXP gain. For fishers it can be rather difficult to determine what fail is fatigue fail, because first time jig fail can occur even without fatigue. For MIN/BOT however, there is no normal first time chop fail unless your remainder bar is so tiny, so it's obvious to determine fatigue is to blame.
____________________________




#14 Apr 18 2011 at 1:32 PM Rating: Good
*
200 posts
Oh yeah there really trying to curve those bots... dont ban the RMTs Or botters....you might realize you'd have to ban 75% of the already dwindling population. so lets go the old XI route and gimp anything that might be worth somthing...that way on PS3 release the Old players will be richer than **** and the new ones will have to scrap by on the **** they can get there hands on...its good to see the grand stagnation SE has carried over from one game to the next.
____________________________


#15 Apr 19 2011 at 8:21 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
176 posts
And the recent changes to the gathering system that reward you for staying longer than you normally would at lower Grade nodes is just ugh, do they really want ppl to stay at G4 nodes until R43?
____________________________

TERA looks tasty...
#16 Apr 20 2011 at 12:08 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
Riniaru wrote:
And the recent changes to the gathering system that reward you for staying longer than you normally would at lower Grade nodes is just ugh, do they really want ppl to stay at G4 nodes until R43?


I wish they would make it more interesting by introducing different types of nodes within the current grades of nodes. It'd be much more elaborate, I think, for me to want to distinguish between "Grade 4 Cacti" and "Grade 2 Coniferous," for example. It would also be very cool to have NM-like nodes - "look, a rare-spawn tree!" - to enhance the excitement of Disciples of Land.

I was just disappointed by gathering altogether; it's just so rudimentary as it is now...
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#17 Apr 20 2011 at 7:40 AM Rating: Good
KaneKitty wrote:
...NM-like nodes - "look, a rare-spawn tree!"


Yes! Great idea. Maybe get this into the official suggestions.

Edited, Apr 20th 2011 9:40am by SmashingtonWho
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 18 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (18)