Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Be careful when you repair gear at the NPCFollow

#1 Apr 26 2011 at 7:26 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
**
560 posts
A buddy in my LS repaired his little R30 conj staff last night its a staff from an NM, he didnt bother to look at how much he was being charged. Later he noticed he was about a million gil short. Come to find out the staff costs 999,999g to repair at the NPC. He contacted a GM and he got a copy paste reply. looks like he is basicly screwed out of a million gil.

Edited, Apr 26th 2011 10:13pm by tpgsoldier
____________________________


#2 Apr 26 2011 at 7:32 PM Rating: Decent
**
800 posts
As long as the NPC asked for and charged 999,999 gil to repair (and not a bug claiming to require only 99,999 but charging him 999,999) then he didn't get screwed, he just didn't pay attention. It's well known that NPC repair costs for high level gear are absurdly high. While this is a problem there is absolutely zero a GM can or will do for your friend. The game functioned exactly as intended.

Also, a million gil really isn't that hard to come by in FFXIV. This really wasn't that expensive of a mistake.
#3 Apr 26 2011 at 7:34 PM Rating: Good
***
1,636 posts
GM's don't fix careless mistakes. those things cost tons of gil i guess to support crafters, its what they cost though.
____________________________


#4 Apr 26 2011 at 7:41 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
560 posts
Hydragyrum wrote:
As long as the NPC asked for and charged 999,999 gil to repair (and not a bug claiming to require only 99,999 but charging him 999,999) then he didn't get screwed, he just didn't pay attention. It's well known that NPC repair costs for high level gear are absurdly high. While this is a problem there is absolutely zero a GM can or will do for your friend. The game functioned exactly as intended.

Also, a million gil really isn't that hard to come by in FFXIV. This really wasn't that expensive of a mistake.


It is a bug that has been recognized by the dev team. He had right over 1.5 million gil so it was pretty rough on him.I had no expectation of the GM helping him SE doesnt exactly have a long track record of helpful customer service or GMs. Anyways I just wanted to make other people aware so maybe they wouldnt make the same mistake.

Edited, Apr 26th 2011 9:42pm by tpgsoldier
____________________________


#5 Apr 26 2011 at 7:44 PM Rating: Excellent
****
7,106 posts
Quote:
Anyways I just wanted to make other people aware so maybe they wouldnt make the same mistake.

The thread that's been on the front page for several days probably tipped people off.
#6 Apr 26 2011 at 7:51 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
560 posts
Maybe so. You ever see speed limit signs? they put them up every so often just incase you missed the one before it. Think of this post as a speed limit sign.
____________________________


#7 Apr 26 2011 at 8:33 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
176 posts
tpgsoldier wrote:
Maybe so. You ever see speed limit signs? they put them up every so often just incase you missed the one before it. Think of this post as a speed limit sign.

And people ignore them and drive above the limit anyway...
____________________________

TERA looks tasty...
#8 Apr 26 2011 at 8:44 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
78 posts
You're really bashing GMs for not giving this guy back the gil he agreed to pay? I know people love to hate them, but this hardly seems to warrant a call and then the proceeding rage..

And seriously QQing over a million gil, that's like a week's worth of leves.
#9 Apr 26 2011 at 8:48 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
**
560 posts
Aizm wrote:
You're really bashing GMs for not giving this guy back the gil he agreed to pay? I know people love to hate them, but this hardly seems to warrant a call and then the proceeding rage..

And seriously QQing over a million gil, that's like a week's worth of leves.


Not really bashing GMs. I said they gave him a copy/ paste reply( which they did) Then I said SEs customer service has never been know for being very good (which is no secret)
____________________________


#10 Apr 26 2011 at 9:09 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
tpgsoldier wrote:
Aizm wrote:
You're really bashing GMs for not giving this guy back the gil he agreed to pay? I know people love to hate them, but this hardly seems to warrant a call and then the proceeding rage..

And seriously QQing over a million gil, that's like a week's worth of leves.


Not really bashing GMs. I said they gave him a copy/ paste reply( which they did) Then I said SEs customer service has never been know for being very good (which is no secret)


And what would you expect the GM to say? It's a known bug that the repair cost absurd amount, but it is not a bug that your friend click repair. Also I don't think GM has the ability to reimburse anything, the responsibility of GM on each MMORPG are quite different. And then you can't expect GM to know all the bugs and possibilities of the game, after all they are usually underpaid staff >_>
____________________________




#11 Apr 27 2011 at 12:13 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
30 posts
While GMs are blatant lazy lying jerks who really couldn't care less about your problems, the point is that this was an error on the users side, not the games side. I'm suprised the GM didn't out right say too bad so sad, direct complaints to the customer service website. But that would be a lot more effort than just left-click, drag, ctrl+c, ctrl+v.

Thank you for the warning though, this also applies to taking 5-10 minutes selling 40 plus garbage items and accidentally selling that 100 stack of precious crafting materials by accident.
____________________________
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 23 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (23)