I've been speculating and felt the need to sort of write it out so I can forget about it and focus on real work for the rest of the day, lol.
The file size for XI's upcoming patch recently was announced. In 104.3MB the devs are delivering the following:
- New BCNM battles and related items.
- The new Voidwatch area, related NMs, NPCs and items.
- A new augment system for synergy and, again, related items.
- Grounds of Valor (similar to Fields of Valor, but in dungeon areas).
- Treasure Caskets added to new zones.
- Revamped mob placement including higher level mobs deep within unused low level zones.
- Job adjustments.
- A new trigger system for certain HNMs
1.17a left some folks scratching their heads. Was this really the remaining 30%?
One thing of not though, is that at about 327MB, 1.17a was larger than 1.17 and included only:
- Some sidequests.
- The 3D party size effect.
- A change to the size of an HP bar.
- Changes to the gamepad functions.
- Music fade changes.
Obviously, we've already witnessed some unannounced additions. The weather, lack of music and the mysterious GM NPCs that warn for or against upcoming events related to the Seventh Umbral Moon.
I've just been wondering if the patch notes were only the tip of the iceberg as far as additions to the game go?
Obviously we'll have to wait for Monday to find out, but I get the feeling the events may be bigger than we're expecting.