Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

Devs have been eerily quiet.Follow

#1 May 09 2011 at 2:12 AM Rating: Decent
*
144 posts
No dev posts in the forums for a while. Week long break after the last Producer Letter. I wonder if they're trying to build hype with all this silence, letting us scratch our heads with all this "impending doom" business. I really hope for 1.17 to give us something to chew on until June.

I've noticed that even the most hardcore players are seriously starting to get bored.

____________________________
Sir Littlej wrote:
i think i said goodbye, but i might have told him to go die, im not sure


Tera Kalinathon wrote:
i do like... wood o.o



#2 May 09 2011 at 2:35 AM Rating: Excellent
**
589 posts
It's Golden Week In Japan - they are all on holiday. Yoshi-P said so in his last letter. After all that's happened to them in recent times I don't begrudge them a holiday!
____________________________
Solomon Grundy | Born on a Monday | Excalibur Server | Abyss: Welcome to a Higher Quality of Nerding™
#3 May 09 2011 at 2:58 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
176 posts
SolomonGrundy wrote:
It's Golden Week In Japan - they are all on holiday. Yoshi-P said so in his last letter. After all that's happened to them in recent times I don't begrudge them a holiday!

Golden Week ended last week.
____________________________

TERA looks tasty...
#4 May 09 2011 at 3:03 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
31 posts
Yoshi's most recent correspondence with us stated that things would be quiet until the next patch, which will be sometime in June. He told us the next patch will be big, but warned that things will be quiet between now and then.
____________________________

#5 May 09 2011 at 3:38 AM Rating: Default
*
206 posts
I love how simply saying something unacceptable makes things "ok" to people, no matter how unacceptable those things are.

Yeah, we're not gonna give you updates, tell you what companies are, or provide a patch before a month and a half.

Well they toooold us they weren't gonna do their jobs, so that makes it all right^^

Edited, May 9th 2011 5:39am by LateReg
____________________________
#6 May 09 2011 at 3:58 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
353 posts
LateReg wrote:
I love how simply saying something unacceptable makes things "ok" to people, no matter how unacceptable those things are.

Yeah, we're not gonna give you updates, tell you what companies are, or provide a patch before a month and a half.

Well they toooold us they weren't gonna do their jobs, so that makes it all right^^

Edited, May 9th 2011 5:39am by LateReg


Ironically, all three of the things you mentioned were touched on in the letter. They already said they'd be giving us updates on upcoming battle changes from the designer this month, they also said the companies would be going to the new dungeons and providing 'feedback' which will give some insight on both features. If that wasn't enough they said there might be a 1.17b if they have time.

It was good of you to poke your head out of FFXIV and stop grinding momentarily (a disturbing amount of R50's there..), but in this case, I'd keep it out for a bit longer and actually read the letter.

Nothing he said was unacceptable, there's no feasible way they could release the larger content patches faster than once per month and a half or so.
#7 May 09 2011 at 4:12 AM Rating: Default
*
206 posts
Dlaqev wrote:
LateReg wrote:
I love how simply saying something unacceptable makes things "ok" to people, no matter how unacceptable those things are.

Yeah, we're not gonna give you updates, tell you what companies are, or provide a patch before a month and a half.

Well they toooold us they weren't gonna do their jobs, so that makes it all right^^

Edited, May 9th 2011 5:39am by LateReg


Ironically, all three of the things you mentioned were touched on in the letter. They already said they'd be giving us updates on upcoming battle changes from the designer this month, they also said the companies would be going to the new dungeons and providing 'feedback' which will give some insight on both features. If that wasn't enough they said there might be a 1.17b if they have time.

It was good of you to poke your head out of FFXIV and stop grinding momentarily (a disturbing amount of R50's there..), but in this case, I'd keep it out for a bit longer and actually read the letter.

Nothing he said was unacceptable, there's no feasible way they could release the larger content patches faster than once per month and a half or so.


We're a third of the way through the month, where's our "news"? It's bad enough we know we're not getting anything remotely substantial this month; and, please, none of this "it's impossible to do anything significant in x period of time" bull. We've been hearing it for 7 months now. We've also been hearing "we'll give you more info soon" but soon never really comes. I know I sound frustrated, but can you blame me and the thousands of others who feel slighted by SE? Doesn't feel like things are changing anytime soon.
____________________________
#8 May 09 2011 at 4:16 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
2,045 posts
Quote:
I love how simply saying something unacceptable makes things "ok" to people, no matter how unacceptable those things are.

Yeah, we're not gonna give you updates, tell you what companies are, or provide a patch before a month and a half.

Well they toooold us they weren't gonna do their jobs, so that makes it all right^^


How much are you paying per month again? When you pay their wages you get to complain if they don't do their job right.
____________________________
BANNED
#9 May 09 2011 at 4:25 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
176 posts
preludes wrote:
Quote:
I love how simply saying something unacceptable makes things "ok" to people, no matter how unacceptable those things are.

Yeah, we're not gonna give you updates, tell you what companies are, or provide a patch before a month and a half.

Well they toooold us they weren't gonna do their jobs, so that makes it all right^^


How much are you paying per month again? When you pay their wages you get to complain if they don't do their job right.

It's not his fault that SE has decided not to charge him for access to Eorzea.
____________________________

TERA looks tasty...
#10 May 09 2011 at 4:32 AM Rating: Decent
*
206 posts
preludes wrote:
Quote:
I love how simply saying something unacceptable makes things "ok" to people, no matter how unacceptable those things are.

Yeah, we're not gonna give you updates, tell you what companies are, or provide a patch before a month and a half.

Well they toooold us they weren't gonna do their jobs, so that makes it all right^^


How much are you paying per month again? When you pay their wages you get to complain if they don't do their job right.


How this post got rated up is beyond me. I paid $80 like a few hundred thousand other people. Not to mention that there are people who paid for 6-12 months of Crysta.
____________________________
#11 May 09 2011 at 5:20 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
437 posts
esque wrote:
Yoshi's most recent correspondence with us stated that things would be quiet until the next patch, which will be sometime in June. He told us the next patch will be big, but warned that things will be quiet between now and then.


Just gotta repeat this really, are you expecting a post every few days otherwise 'they're not doing their jobs'?? I think this is completely disrespectful. There is clear leadership in YoshiP, timescales on when things happen, communication and results delivered as promised. Natural disasters aside promises have been delivered on time.

I got my £50 worth out of the game long ago, but you with 8+ R50 jobs haven't?? You think you're owed something?



Edited, May 9th 2011 8:50am by Metin
____________________________

Metin - Phoenix - BLM75 WHM48 Retired

http://cojenova.enjin.com/ff14forum

#12 May 09 2011 at 5:24 AM Rating: Default
*
206 posts
Metin wrote:
esque wrote:
Yoshi's most recent correspondence with us stated that things would be quiet until the next patch, which will be sometime in June. He told us the next patch will be big, but warned that things will be quiet between now and then.


Just gotta repeat this really, are you expecting a post every few days otherwise 'they're not doing their jobs'?? I think this is completely disrespectful. There is clear leadership in YoshiP, timescales on when things happen, communication and results delivered as promised. Natural disasters aside promises have been delivered on time.

I got my £75 worth out of the game long ago, but you with 8+ R50 jobs haven't?? You think you're owed something?


Me and the vast majority of people who play feel like their owed something, yes. Pretty much everyone agrees that this game isn't even satisfactory.
____________________________
#13 May 09 2011 at 5:55 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
437 posts
So lets say next week they add 2 dungeons, a bunch of new quests, gear, chocobos, story and a couple of new jobs, which of course is unrealistic. I'm guessing it would take you about a week to get through that and then have you gotten your moneys worth? I'm guessing not.

I have played what I consider a good game for 7 months, yes not satisfactory at first, I'm guessing there wont be fees for a minimum of another 2 months at least, I've been quite happy to have been paying a fee for some time and have no issues with value for money. Yet because they havent got in and immediately posted "Hi everyone, Just want to say Golden week is over and we're all back to work" They're not doing their job properly? Just leaves me bewildered.
____________________________

Metin - Phoenix - BLM75 WHM48 Retired

http://cojenova.enjin.com/ff14forum

#14 May 09 2011 at 6:45 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,045 posts
Quote:
How this post got rated up is beyond me. I paid $80 like a few hundred thousand other people. Not to mention that there are people who paid for 6-12 months of Crysta.


You paid for the game as it was at release (regardless what you think of it), that is what your money went on. Updates you pay for (which nobody is), you are getting freebies so you have zero right to complain about the work (or quality of) they are doing that you aren't paying for. Your function is free beta testers, not customers..get used to it.

If you were paying they would have a far far greater requirment to fulfill your expectations, since you are paying nothing you get what they give you. When was the last time you bought a single player, 1 time fee game and got free updates to it? That is the whole idea behind subscription based games, you pay the salaries of the guys to continually work on it.

Paying for the base game and that giving you entitlment to free upgrades is a non argument, you don't pay these guys salary you paid for the work upto the point of release.

Quote:
How this post got rated up is beyond me.


Ratings matter?

Quote:
Me and the vast majority of people who play feel like their owed something, yes. Pretty much everyone agrees that this game isn't even satisfactory.


Looking at your sig, you got more than your moneys worth from the game already.

Edited, May 9th 2011 8:50am by preludes
____________________________
BANNED
#15 May 09 2011 at 6:56 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
437 posts
preludes wrote:
Quote:


[quote]Me and the vast majority of people who play feel like their owed something, yes. Pretty much everyone agrees that this game isn't even satisfactory.


Looking at your sig, you got more than your moneys worth from the game already.


Thats what I was thinking but even so satisfation is of course different one person to the next but my question is why on earth have you played the game so much to max out so many jobs if you arent deriving any satisfaction from the game? I wouldnt have played the game as much as I have let alone as much as other people have if I felt this way.
____________________________

Metin - Phoenix - BLM75 WHM48 Retired

http://cojenova.enjin.com/ff14forum

#16 May 09 2011 at 7:09 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
2,045 posts
If anything the people that stopped playing after a few weeks are more deserving of updates and indeed free time when they do return. Many people that complain have been getting countless hours of entertainment from the game they paid for.

I've bought tons of 360 games and got a few days entertainment from them, someone with god knows how many hours entertainment from a single purchase has very little sympathy from me.



Edited, May 9th 2011 9:22am by preludes
____________________________
BANNED
#17 May 09 2011 at 7:11 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
3,226 posts
You think grinding is one's "money's worth" of content?

What are you, Korean?
____________________________
w(°o°)w
#18 May 09 2011 at 7:19 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,045 posts
Quote:
You think grinding is one's "money's worth" of content?

What are you, Korean?


If I spent enough of my precious time sitting infront of my pc DOING IT then yes obviously?
____________________________
BANNED
#19 May 09 2011 at 7:19 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
437 posts
Almalexia wrote:
You think grinding is one's "money's worth" of content?

What are you, Korean?


No thats why I haven't done it, it confuses me as to why other people have chosen to do that and yet complain about it...
____________________________

Metin - Phoenix - BLM75 WHM48 Retired

http://cojenova.enjin.com/ff14forum

#20 May 09 2011 at 7:33 AM Rating: Default
*
206 posts
preludes wrote:
Quote:
How this post got rated up is beyond me. I paid $80 like a few hundred thousand other people. Not to mention that there are people who paid for 6-12 months of Crysta.


You paid for the game as it was at release (regardless what you think of it), that is what your money went on. Updates you pay for (which nobody is), you are getting freebies so you have zero right to complain about the work (or quality of) they are doing that you aren't paying for. Your function is free beta testers, not customers..get used to it.

If you were paying they would have a far far greater requirment to fulfill your expectations, since you are paying nothing you get what they give you. When was the last time you bought a single player, 1 time fee game and got free updates to it? That is the whole idea behind subscription based games, you pay the salaries of the guys to continually work on it.

Paying for the base game and that giving you entitlment to free upgrades is a non argument, you don't pay these guys salary you paid for the work upto the point of release.

Quote:
How this post got rated up is beyond me.


Ratings matter?

Quote:
Me and the vast majority of people who play feel like their owed something, yes. Pretty much everyone agrees that this game isn't even satisfactory.


Looking at your sig, you got more than your moneys worth from the game already.

Edited, May 9th 2011 8:50am by preludes



I paid for an online MMO, quite different than buying something like Assassin's Creed. Just like everyone else, I paid for it with the expectation that I would be paying a monthly fee, and that we would be receiving fairly regular updates a la any other MMO in the history of MMOs. Whether SE is legally obliged to provide either is not part of this argument. The game would've seen significantly lower sales if people were in the mindset that the game wouldn't be improved upon as all MMOs are. You can't compare an (mainly) offline game to an MMO.

You're also making the narrow-minded assumption that I didn't already pay for, say, 7 months of Crysta. A lot of people put down money for around 6 months, what do you say to them? Are they given your permission to complain?
_____________

Ratings don't "matter" to me. They do, however, show me that there are other people with the same narrow and abrasive stance as you.

"You're not allowed to complain."

Excuse me, who the @#%^ are you and why would someone agree with your sh*tty attitude?

_____________

Lastly, how is grinding a ton = "money's worth"?

You're defining your own opinions on what getting one's moneys worth is, and let me tell you... grinding is not the popular opinion when it comes to getting your moneys worth.

Yes, I realize that I've done it to myself; but, most people just see the ranks and make their own assumptions.

I really just use XIV as an instant messenger, and since I work from home, I don't really have much to do with my spare time, so I go kill raptors every day. I might get enjoyment out of communicating with people inside the game, but that's not owed to SE at all. I'm merely putting up with the raptors because I don't want to fall behind if the game ever does get good. I want to be wayyyy ahead of the curve, and if it means pressing a few macros for 8+ hours a day then whatever. I still have the weekends to do stuff with friends.


EDIT: woah, woah, woah... my function is as a free beta tester!? So, say this wasn't an MMO... I paid $80 (and possibly Crysta) to play a game that is not marketed as a beta or as "incomplete"? If the game wasn't marketed as that, then how can you think anyone possibly agreed to being a beta tester? So, you basically backed up my point that no one has gotten their money's worth if they've been misled like that.


Edited, May 9th 2011 9:40am by LateReg
____________________________
#21 May 09 2011 at 7:49 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,045 posts
Quote:
I paid for an online MMO, quite different than buying something like Assassin's Creed. Just like everyone else, I paid for it with the expectation that I would be paying a monthly fee, and that we would be receiving fairly regular updates a la any other MMO in the history of MMOs. Whether SE is legally obliged to provide either is not part of this argument. The game would've seen significantly lower sales if people were in the mindset that the game wouldn't be improved upon as all MMOs are. You can't compare an (mainly) offline game to an MMO.


You paid for an online MMO, which is what you have. Is there something on the box that says you get free updates to it too? When they start charging monthly you have every right to complain at the quality of what you are paying for, until then..not so much. You are like a hobo getting a free meal and saying the chicken is undercooked..after scoffing down every bit and licking the plate clean (grinding everything as you have in your sig).

Quote:
You're also making the narrow-minded assumption that I didn't already pay for, say, 7 months of Crysta. A lot of people put down money for around 6 months, what do you say to them? Are they given your permission to complain?


The Crysta is still there, unused right? When the game takes on monthly fee then it will be used. You have paid no monthly fee that has been used.

Quote:
Lastly, how is grinding a ton = "money's worth"?


You and many on here see value to it, having capped everything in your sig. I saw no joy in the content available and sure as **** had no intention of wasting my time on grinding so I subbed another MMO and play that instead. The fact you sat there and grinded your *** off shows you see some value in doing it, or you wouldn't of done it. As such you got a lot of hours worth of value out of it.

Quote:
I really just use XIV as an instant messenger


Then why are you complaining, you got a pretty instant messenger program with an addictional grinding game that you can't stop yourself doing. The money you paid for the game usually gives you something that lasts a few days to a week, you got probably around 6 months of entertainment for that? Bargain.

Quote:
EDIT: woah, woah, woah... my function is as a free beta tester!? So, say this wasn't an MMO... I paid $80 (and possibly Crysta) to play a game that is not marketed as a beta or as "incomplete"? If the game wasn't marketed as that, then how can you think anyone possibly agreed to being a beta tester? So, you basically backed up my point that no one has gotten their money's worth if they've been misled like that.


Your money went on the game as it was when you bought it, like it or not. They could of closed the servers down a week after release if they wanted to, or left the game up as is and gave no updates ever, your $80 paid for what you got and not what you wanted to get after the fact.

We are all beta testers though yes, if you have a service that costs money and you aren't paying it then you are not a customer anymore you are as I said beta testers for the upcoming PS3 audience.

Edited, May 9th 2011 9:56am by preludes
____________________________
BANNED
#22 May 09 2011 at 7:57 AM Rating: Excellent
**
821 posts
Riniaru wrote:
SolomonGrundy wrote:
It's Golden Week In Japan - they are all on holiday. Yoshi-P said so in his last letter. After all that's happened to them in recent times I don't begrudge them a holiday!

Golden Week ended last week.


Yeah and its Monday...so last week isn't that far behind...but yeah...

@LateReg: I can understand your frustration...but are seriously that narrow minded not to see that you pretty much brought a big chunk of that frustration upon yourself? I mean...****...if I play and I DON'T ENJOY IT...why invest soooooooo much time in it to completely get burned out and then accuse the devlopers for me spending so much time with something I don't enjoy at all? I play a lot too...like really a lot...but I only do the stuff that I actually WANT to do, not what my @#%^ed up nerd mind is telling me to do so I'm the big boss when "real content" hits.

PS: I'm close to my 5th 50...that makes me definetely no casual player...but IF I really wanted to, I could have a lot more 50s by now...but what's the point in that? My main goal is to Tank...so I ranked my GLA and everything I needed to make my GLA more efficient. Since I'm gonna use ARM and BSM equipment mostly if not only, I ranked up ARM and BSM. That was my main priority in the game up to that moment...everything that comes now is just stuff I do out of FUN and not to torture myself. You should think about doing stuff that's FUN to you as well, instead of just grinding grinding grinding, cause you have nothing better to do.(and I could prolly tell you 5 things in a matter of 10 seconds that would be more fun than what you are doing)

when "real content" hits the game you won't be able to play as LNC, ARC, MRD at the same time plus craft endgame equipment in the same second...so what's your point?

Edited, May 9th 2011 2:13pm by Shezard
#23 May 09 2011 at 8:03 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
437 posts
LateReg we're not be abrasive and narrowminded, I have no issues whatsoever with anyone who quit after a week or a month or three. No any issues with anyone who wants to 'get ahead of the curve' and grind out max levels just in case the 'game gets good'.

but given that the game wasn't very good at release, choosing to grind out max levels and then complain saying 'they're not doing their job properly' because they havent contacted us in a week or that they haven't given us any updates when actually they have (the many recent threads about people returning and liking what they find is testament to this) is quite frankly... strange. What assumptions have I made? max levels take a lot of time? is that unreasonable?

comments like this: "Excuse me, who the @#%^ are you and why would someone agree with your sh*tty attitude?" are abrasive, narrowminded and uncalled for.
____________________________

Metin - Phoenix - BLM75 WHM48 Retired

http://cojenova.enjin.com/ff14forum

#24 May 09 2011 at 8:12 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
437 posts
Shezard wrote:
Riniaru wrote:
SolomonGrundy wrote:
It's Golden Week In Japan - they are all on holiday. Yoshi-P said so in his last letter. After all that's happened to them in recent times I don't begrudge them a holiday!

Golden Week ended last week.


Yeah and its Monday...so last week isn't that far behind...but yeah...


ah but you're forgetting in Japan its almost Tuesday so WHY HAVENT THEY SAID ANYTHING YET........AAARRRGGGGGHHH

Edit: sorry that one might be a bit abrasive...

Edited, May 9th 2011 10:13am by Metin
____________________________

Metin - Phoenix - BLM75 WHM48 Retired

http://cojenova.enjin.com/ff14forum

#25 May 09 2011 at 8:13 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
176 posts
Shezard wrote:
Riniaru wrote:
SolomonGrundy wrote:
It's Golden Week In Japan - they are all on holiday. Yoshi-P said so in his last letter. After all that's happened to them in recent times I don't begrudge them a holiday!

Golden Week ended last week.


Yeah and its Monday...so last week isn't that far behind...but yeah...

Yeah and in an hour it'll be Tuesday in Japan...Golden Week ended on the 5th of May...but yeah...
____________________________

TERA looks tasty...
#26 May 09 2011 at 8:14 AM Rating: Good
*
182 posts
LateReg wrote:

I paid for an online MMO, quite different than buying something like Assassin's Creed. Just like everyone else, I paid for it with the expectation that I would be paying a monthly fee, and that we would be receiving fairly regular updates a la any other MMO in the history of MMOs. Whether SE is legally obliged to provide either is not part of this argument. The game would've seen significantly lower sales if people were in the mindset that the game wouldn't be improved upon as all MMOs are. You can't compare an (mainly) offline game to an MMO.

You're also making the narrow-minded assumption that I didn't already pay for, say, 7 months of Crysta. A lot of people put down money for around 6 months, what do you say to them? Are they given your permission to complain?


Non MMO/offline games get updates too, so your point is null. As for the Crysta thing, next time you know not to put all your eggs in a non-refundable basket.
____________________________
?
#27 May 09 2011 at 8:17 AM Rating: Good
**
821 posts
Riniaru wrote:
Shezard wrote:
Riniaru wrote:
SolomonGrundy wrote:
It's Golden Week In Japan - they are all on holiday. Yoshi-P said so in his last letter. After all that's happened to them in recent times I don't begrudge them a holiday!

Golden Week ended last week.


Yeah and its Monday...so last week isn't that far behind...but yeah...

Yeah and in an hour it'll be Tuesday in Japan...Golden Week ended on the 5th of May...but yeah...


Sure...why not just completely ignore the fact that there was a weekend in between...why not ignore the fact that weekends exist at all and let us all work 7 days a week, cause weekends don't exist. I bet your boss will be happy to hear that you will be happy to work on weekends.

Edited, May 9th 2011 2:18pm by Shezard
#28 May 09 2011 at 8:36 AM Rating: Good
***
1,636 posts
Quote:
You paid for the game as it was at release (regardless what you think of it), that is what your money went on. Updates you pay for (which nobody is), you are getting freebies so you have zero right to complain about the work (or quality of) they are doing that you aren't paying for. Your function is free beta testers, not customers..get used to it.


that stopped being true the second they came out and apologized for what they released, and promised to make it better. When a product is released faulty, the company who released it has the responsibility to either refund money or make it right. SE's taking the second road with this game, and doing a very poor job at it.

(Now, I know there is a huge difference between an actual faulty product, and one that's just plain crappy. But every action SE's taken has been to the effect of admitting that they don't feel there quality is up to standard, so I don't think its crazy to look at it the same way, they're acting a lot like a company during a tire recall. I think most of the problem here lies in that computer games and MMOs in particular have somehow convinced the world that they don't need to follow good customer service and are nonrefundable)

On another note, remember those two updates a month we were promised? how long did that last, 1.5 months?


Edited, May 9th 2011 10:53am by KujaKoF
____________________________


#29 May 09 2011 at 8:37 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
176 posts
Shezard wrote:
Riniaru wrote:
Shezard wrote:
Riniaru wrote:
SolomonGrundy wrote:
It's Golden Week In Japan - they are all on holiday. Yoshi-P said so in his last letter. After all that's happened to them in recent times I don't begrudge them a holiday!

Golden Week ended last week.


Yeah and its Monday...so last week isn't that far behind...but yeah...

Yeah and in an hour it'll be Tuesday in Japan...Golden Week ended on the 5th of May...but yeah...


Sure...why not just completely ignore the fact that there was a weekend in between...why not ignore the fact that weekends exist at all and let us all work 7 days a week, cause weekends don't exist. I bet your boss will be happy to hear that you will be happy to work on weekends.

Edited, May 9th 2011 2:18pm by Shezard

Sure...why not just completely ignore the fact that I don't live in japan...why not ignore japanese work ethic and the fact that quite a few japanese players I know had to work over the weekend. Do you honestly think working Japanesee can afford such luxuries?
____________________________

TERA looks tasty...
#30LateReg, Posted: May 09 2011 at 8:41 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Especially the XIV Dev team of all things SE associated
#31 May 09 2011 at 9:24 AM Rating: Good
**
660 posts
Hey LateReg, let me clear something up for you:

Buyer's Remorse
Definition:
Buyer's remorse is an emotional response on the part of a buyer in a sales transaction, which may involve feelings of regret, fear, depression or anxiety. The best way to cope with buyers' remorse, and minimize its destructiveness, is to make sure that you are as informed as possible.

Before you invested so much money in the game maybe you should have waited for the reviews. You didn't bother though. Too bad, so sad. :_(

We get that you somehow have a problem with a game you have multiple jobs at the level cap. That reminds me of people who eat an entire meal at a restaurant, then complain that they want a refund because the food tasted bad. You really have no argument here as your signature image nullifies any inkling of an idea that you don't enjoy FFXIV. Nothing you say about the quality of FFXIV will hold any water because you seem to clearly enjoy it a lot. To see you posting up on here yet again about how FFXIV sucks and you hate that you bought so much crysta for a game they aren't even charging for, and all the problems you have with the game, is absolutely absurd and ridiculous. If you hated the game in its current state as much as you say, you would've chalked your purchase up to a loss and moved on to another game already. The fact that you're still posting here is proof enough of your devotion to the game you hate, and therefore makes any negative statement you make about the game absolutely pointless.

So please, take your buyer's remorse and post it up on LiveJournal or YouTube where it belongs.
____________________________


#32 May 09 2011 at 9:28 AM Rating: Default
*
206 posts
reptiletim wrote:
Hey LateReg, let me clear something up for you:

Buyer's Remorse
Definition:
Buyer's remorse is an emotional response on the part of a buyer in a sales transaction, which may involve feelings of regret, fear, depression or anxiety. The best way to cope with buyers' remorse, and minimize its destructiveness, is to make sure that you are as informed as possible.

Before you invested so much money in the game maybe you should have waited for the reviews. You didn't bother though. Too bad, so sad. :_(

We get that you somehow have a problem with a game you have multiple jobs at the level cap. That reminds me of people who eat an entire meal at a restaurant, then complain that they want a refund because the food tasted bad. You really have no argument here as your signature image nullifies any inkling of an idea that you don't enjoy FFXIV. Nothing you say about the quality of FFXIV will hold any water because you seem to clearly enjoy it a lot. To see you posting up on here yet again about how FFXIV sucks and you hate that you bought so much crysta for a game they aren't even charging for, and all the problems you have with the game, is absolutely absurd and ridiculous. If you hated the game in its current state as much as you say, you would've chalked your purchase up to a loss and moved on to another game already. The fact that you're still posting here is proof enough of your devotion to the game you hate, and therefore makes any negative statement you make about the game absolutely pointless.

So please, take your buyer's remorse and post it up on LiveJournal or YouTube where it belongs.



Read my ******* posts, idiot. Also, I've never bought Crysta.
____________________________
#33 May 09 2011 at 9:33 AM Rating: Good
**
660 posts
How did I know you'd be right there to post as soon as I hit the submit button?

You still have buyers remorse like anyone would if they had bought crysta. You still post up on ZAM about how you can't stand the pace of the updates even though you clearly aren't leaving the game soon. Why bother man?

Also, reading your posts is like pushing rusty nails through my eyes.

Edited, May 9th 2011 11:34am by reptiletim
____________________________


#34 May 09 2011 at 9:34 AM Rating: Default
*
206 posts
reptiletim wrote:
How did I know you'd be right there to post as soon as I hit the submit button?

You still have buyers remorse like anyone would if they had bought crysta. You still post up on ZAM about how you can't stand the pace of the updates even though you clearly aren't leaving the game soon. Why bother man?

Also, reading your posts is like pushing rusty nails through my eyes.

Edited, May 9th 2011 11:34am by reptiletim


So w/e you said is irrelevant, because you can't read them.
____________________________
#35 May 09 2011 at 9:41 AM Rating: Good
**
660 posts
LateReg wrote:

You're also making the narrow-minded assumption that I didn't already pay for, say, 7 months of Crysta.


Dude, really. Maybe I'm just being narrow-minded in thinking you did buy crysta. You're a troll.
____________________________


#36 May 09 2011 at 9:43 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,636 posts
I think they seriously need to allow people to refund their crysta, right now its like a gift card to a store that may open in the future. Wonder how much of that they did sell?
____________________________


#37 May 09 2011 at 9:49 AM Rating: Good
**
660 posts
As much as I agree, unfortunately it's a buyer beware kind of thing. Early adopters of just about anything run that risk. I'm glad I didn't, but because of FFXIV I'm more weary about doing it in the future and instead waiting until the reviews.
____________________________


#38LateReg, Posted: May 09 2011 at 9:51 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I was making a point. 7 months is how long the game's been out. I'm not a troll, you're just borderline retarded.
#39 May 09 2011 at 9:52 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
*
73 posts
"Can't we all just get along?" *Rodney King, 1993*
____________________________




#40 May 09 2011 at 9:53 AM Rating: Good
***
1,636 posts
Is crysta used as currency for anything else? If the game never does hit a subscription point, its in essence a prepayment for something that never existed? If the game does take off, its bad business/customer service to not refund to the people who quit (again, only true because of the apologetic stance that SE's taken with the game, had they said "nope this is it", I would totally agree with the whole buyer beware thing), but if the game never hits a pay to play model, its borderline fraud.
____________________________


#41 May 09 2011 at 9:53 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*****
12,707 posts
Yes golden week ended but America and probably most other countries get so many holidays it's probably hard to realize when you get so few holidays you tend to make the most of it when possible.

People love to throw in the fact:

"SE is an international company with multiple branches."

So technically, nothing should be said till tomorrow since people like to throw the "fairness" card out there, but the Japanese dev trackers were updated with a little bit of stuff.

KujaKoF wrote:
Is crysta used as currency for anything else? If the game never does hit a subscription point, its in essence a prepayment for something that never existed? If the game does take off, its bad business/customer service to not refund to the people who quit (again, only true because of the apologetic stance that SE's taken with the game, had they said "nope this is it", I would totally agree with the whole buyer beware thing), but if the game never hits a pay to play model, its borderline fraud.


It's used in their store and stuff.

Edited, May 9th 2011 8:54am by Theonehio
____________________________

#42 May 09 2011 at 10:01 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
82 posts
I'm not gonna lie I really enjoy watching late reg RAGE. I agree with you though Late, I was near your level of unhappiness too about a month ago then I learned how I could grind on crafts not for lvl's but for HQ mats. Its very time consuming to try and make a crab bow +3 or in my case a Banneret Lance +3. I started with grinding the lance parts 100 of each. Then working on HQ'ing some glue and buff leather straps. Finding crafters and working together to make the iron lances in batches of 10 then taking to my other friend with 50 Goldsmithing and watching him crap out hq's left and right. Sell some, give some away etc. Made some friends in this process. So far I've had 25 Bannerets done and got about 10 HQ+1 and 1 HQ+2. Still working on getting the +3 but i'm sure it will come with time.

Had so much fun so far I expanded to trying for HQ mats all over the place. Now when I get any +3 mat drop I always synth it up even if it seems like junk. Just stockpiling those HQ mats on mules is keeping me entertained.

Working on HQ'ing my tools for LW and working on +2/3'ing my gear sets on LNC/THM

(and ya I know the dmg calc formulas suck and having HQ gear makes little/no difference right now but that I expect to drastically change with this battle patch and when that happens I want to be ready to be the best LNC/THM I can)

Edited, May 9th 2011 12:03pm by aj7418
____________________________
http://goblinbombtoss.guildwork.com/
#43 May 09 2011 at 10:03 AM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
I don't know what to say about the crysta issue. I think it would be nice of them to refund it, but I doubt they'll actually do that.

I still can't figure out what convinced people to buy it in the first place when they were still on free time. Boggles the mind.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#44 May 09 2011 at 10:10 AM Rating: Decent
**
660 posts
LateReg wrote:
reptiletim wrote:
LateReg wrote:

You're also making the narrow-minded assumption that I didn't already pay for, say, 7 months of Crysta.


Dude, really. Maybe I'm just being narrow-minded in thinking you did buy crysta. You're a troll.


I was making a point. 7 months is how long the game's been out. I'm not a troll, you're just borderline retarded.


At least we've established that you don't really mean anything you say. I don't know why you keep posting. The fact that an internet forum can get you so upset proves that either you're a child or an emotional basket case.
____________________________


#45LateReg, Posted: May 09 2011 at 10:16 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) ...what?
#46 May 09 2011 at 10:22 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*****
12,707 posts
LateReg wrote:
reptiletim wrote:
LateReg wrote:

You're also making the narrow-minded assumption that I didn't already pay for, say, 7 months of Crysta.


Dude, really. Maybe I'm just being narrow-minded in thinking you did buy crysta. You're a troll.


I was making a point. 7 months is how long the game's been out. I'm not a troll, you're just borderline retarded.


Yes 7 months is how long the game's been out, point? It's well known they have to redesign this game which isn't something even offline games accomplish in months when engines update or they have new techniques or new project leads and changes systems etc.

If you weren't happy with the product the first time you've had it you should have just moved on since when you buy MMOs or games with CD-keys, you're always taking a risk no matter what. Unless you've exploited your way to cap on numerous classes, you decided to stick with the game for quite awhile despite clearly being upset about it and the length it's taking them to get the game off the ground.
____________________________

#47LateReg, Posted: May 09 2011 at 10:26 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) And I already gave my reasons why. Doesn't make the game suck less.
#48 May 09 2011 at 10:51 AM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Riniaru wrote:
SolomonGrundy wrote:
It's Golden Week In Japan - they are all on holiday. Yoshi-P said so in his last letter. After all that's happened to them in recent times I don't begrudge them a holiday!

Golden Week ended last week.


Well... maybe it's Silver Week now; a new holiday; Devs made it up.
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#49 May 09 2011 at 11:09 AM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
My red arrow button got a good exercise today.

Anyway, @LateReg I think that restaurant example works so well for you. If you're playing several classes to rank 50, you must enjoy it to some extent. A lot of people (including myself) are doing the wait-and-see approach, and I'm intentionally holding back on leveling since I'd rather not get burned out on content. I'm taking it slow and steady until I find myself enjoying the game and logging on for fun rather than seeing if things have improved.

Anyway, I think you should go play some other games, or leave your house for a while, and get some fresh air or something. Unleash the rage on another activity.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#50 May 09 2011 at 11:44 AM Rating: Good
*
178 posts
haha yes, after a point it becomes a bit unbearable to keep reading late regs posts and how he claims that he and THOUSANDS of people share the same ideologies, when in fact he does not really far into any majority of players who play FFXIV. I'm glad his later posts all got sub defaulted so we don't have to continue browsing through them while reading other legitimate posts in this thread.

I tend to look at the silence from the devs as the calm before the storm. They are obviously buildling hype for this June update as referenced in the last producers letter. I don't entirely agree this is the best approach since typcally hype leads to expectations, and high expectations usually lead to disappointment. But time will tell.

#51 May 09 2011 at 12:14 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
437 posts
lightacadi wrote:
I don't entirely agree this is the best approach since typcally hype leads to expectations, and high expectations usually lead to disappointment. But time will tell.



Probably best to listen to your own advice there, Please dont get hyped up about silence xD

The devs said what they said....

They promised us improvements, fixes, quests and stuff we got that... if we dont get a decent size patch in June... rage all you like
____________________________

Metin - Phoenix - BLM75 WHM48 Retired

http://cojenova.enjin.com/ff14forum

« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 22 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (22)