Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
This Forum is Read Only

Devs have been eerily quiet.Follow

#52 May 09 2011 at 12:34 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,122 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
Riniaru wrote:
SolomonGrundy wrote:
It's Golden Week In Japan - they are all on holiday. Yoshi-P said so in his last letter. After all that's happened to them in recent times I don't begrudge them a holiday!

Golden Week ended last week.


Well... maybe it's Silver Week now; a new holiday; Devs made it up.


Silver week is in September.
#53 May 09 2011 at 12:40 PM Rating: Default
7 posts
lightacadi wrote:
I'm glad his later posts all got sub defaulted so we don't have to continue browsing through them while reading other legitimate posts in this thread.


Legitimate posts being ones that you agree with?

lightacadi wrote:
...high expectations usually lead to disappointment...


For FFXIV, this is true. What does that tell you?
#54 May 09 2011 at 12:49 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
626 posts
Dizmo wrote:
KaneKitty wrote:
Riniaru wrote:
SolomonGrundy wrote:
It's Golden Week In Japan - they are all on holiday. Yoshi-P said so in his last letter. After all that's happened to them in recent times I don't begrudge them a holiday!

Golden Week ended last week.


Well... maybe it's Silver Week now; a new holiday; Devs made it up.


Silver week is in September.

strangely enough in allmy anime watching ive never noticed anyone mentioning golden or silver weeks, what do they do? day of the dead is one of the cooler holidays that i know about on this planet.
____________________________

#55 May 09 2011 at 2:40 PM Rating: Excellent
So from what little bit a can discern from Google Translate, the Japanese Community Managers have responded to a thread regarding player housing.

Any fine folks who read Japanese care to translate? Smiley: cool

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/1969-LSで利用できる住宅のようなものを希望!


#56 May 09 2011 at 2:48 PM Rating: Good
*
206 posts
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
So from what little bit a can discern from Google Translate, the Japanese Community Managers have responded to a thread regarding player housing.

Any fine folks who read Japanese care to translate? Smiley: cool

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/1969-LSで利用できる住宅のようなものを希望!




"The dev team including Yoshida have recognized complaints about lack of player housing. We're collecting as much information about player wants as possible, and even hope to incorperate some type of "LS-related" housing as well, but we're not quite sure how we'd implement it, yet. Thanks for the feedback blah blah blah"
____________________________
#57 May 09 2011 at 4:26 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
108 posts
No "please look forward to it"? =(
#58 May 09 2011 at 4:33 PM Rating: Decent
**
621 posts
LateReg wrote:
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
So from what little bit a can discern from Google Translate, the Japanese Community Managers have responded to a thread regarding player housing.

Any fine folks who read Japanese care to translate? Smiley: cool

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/1969-LSで利用できる住宅のようなものを希望!




"The dev team including Yoshida have recognized complaints about lack of player housing. We're collecting as much information about player wants as possible, and even hope to incorperate some type of "LS-related" housing as well, but we're not quite sure how we'd implement it, yet. Thanks for the feedback blah blah blah"



But I was already as good as I had a blank or an update to the introduction of old cottages.
It seems wrong and I was looking forward to something grand, including the Housing Company.
It is very unfortunate comment.
____________________________
Kweh?!

...prophesizing the golden patch since october 2010.
#59 May 09 2011 at 5:19 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
136 posts
Lets see... If i were yoshi-p i wouldn't really care what the people still playing the game think unless its giving me insight on the games working/broken mechanics.

Do you expect him to go online and write up/translate and submit another letter just to say. Golden week is over and yep were still working on improvements. In fact he's probably going to say something like that next week anyway in anticipation of threads like these.

What i fear the most is that when the mid june update does drop you know the battle mechanics are going to need to be hammered out and expanded upon, much like the quest system thats still under heavy development. So plan to get hundereds of thread complaints about extremists that make up 5% of the games current/future population freaking out that all their "hard work" (as if playing a video game could ever constitute as actual work...) was wasted..
#60 May 09 2011 at 6:00 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
KenJammin wrote:
freaking out that all their "hard work" (as if playing a video game could ever constitute as actual work...)


An English Dictionary wrote:
Work
–noun

1.exertion or effort directed to produce or accomplish something; labor; toil.

2.something on which exertion or labor is expended; a task or undertaking: The students finished their work in class.

3.productive or operative activity.

Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 10th Edition; 2009 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins


It seems to fit the first, second, and third definition pretty well...
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#61 May 09 2011 at 8:30 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
46 posts
I know I prefere they spend there time working on the game and note filling reports so to speak, for us.

If you have ever had a job in which you were continuosly asked to do more and more paperwork to explain what you are doing, then you would understand.

Example: You work in a warehouse. You use a forklift. You are required to load 5 crates an hour. that gives you 12 minutes per load. It takes you 2 minutes on average to find your next crate. 6 minutes to get it on your forks, get to the truck it gets loaded in and place it safely in the truck. Thats 8 minutes, plenty of time right?

Now your boss decides you need to fill out a 130 point check list on your forklift every day. Next they expect you to fill out a form on the route you take through the warehouse to your next load. THEN, you need to fill out a form explaining the route you took through the warehouse to the truck your next load goes in.

Now, at the end of the month, your boss wants you to explain in the write up they are putting in your file, for a drop off in your production, why you are not getting as much done as you could.

So, you decide you will just say heck with the pointless reporting and continues explainations, and keep your head down and do your job. Now you realize you have enough time, you do 2 times the loads you used to, and you do so.

So, by your standards, you expect to be judged not by what you get done, or are doing, or have done, but by how many reports explaining all your actions.

Not so sure I agree with that logic.

____________________________
[img]http://ff14sp.com/tools/lodestone_data/imgs/Coglin Ohmsford Besaid 3 Dark-Angels.png[/img]
#62 May 09 2011 at 9:31 PM Rating: Good
***
1,636 posts
coglins wrote:
I know I prefere they spend there time working on the game and note filling reports so to speak, for us.

If you have ever had a job in which you were continuosly asked to do more and more paperwork to explain what you are doing, then you would understand.

Example: You work in a warehouse. You use a forklift. You are required to load 5 crates an hour. that gives you 12 minutes per load. It takes you 2 minutes on average to find your next crate. 6 minutes to get it on your forks, get to the truck it gets loaded in and place it safely in the truck. Thats 8 minutes, plenty of time right?

Now your boss decides you need to fill out a 130 point check list on your forklift every day. Next they expect you to fill out a form on the route you take through the warehouse to your next load. THEN, you need to fill out a form explaining the route you took through the warehouse to the truck your next load goes in.

Now, at the end of the month, your boss wants you to explain in the write up they are putting in your file, for a drop off in your production, why you are not getting as much done as you could.

So, you decide you will just say heck with the pointless reporting and continues explainations, and keep your head down and do your job. Now you realize you have enough time, you do 2 times the loads you used to, and you do so.

So, by your standards, you expect to be judged not by what you get done, or are doing, or have done, but by how many reports explaining all your actions.

Not so sure I agree with that logic.


Um, I sort of followed your example, but we're not asking for every dev to fill us in on what he did today, we're asking for the guy in charge of every dev to maybe tell us whats going on every week or so. If he doesn't know enough to write up something an hour at the end of every week or two, he doesn't care or hes really bad at his job. Again, it wouldn't expect this much from any developer that didn't specifically say they were currently attempting to regain customer trust.

Now personally, I've read the last letter to the producer, and he's said whats due when, I'm not planning to 'give them crap' about it until that deadline. I feel I'm getting pretty good at learning what to expect out of what they say they are doing, and not get disappointed. If they under deliver again, yeah I'll be pretty vocal about it then, but I'll wait and let them try and surprise me.
____________________________


#63 May 09 2011 at 9:59 PM Rating: Decent
**
778 posts
LateReg wrote:
Me and the vast majority of people who play feel like their owed something, yes. Pretty much everyone agrees that this game isn't even satisfactory.


Maybe this has already been said, but if the game isn't even satisfactory for you then why do you have so many capped jobs? I don't know, perhaps it's just me, but if a game didn't really feel worth it or in your case, made me feel like they owed me something I would have said ***** it and dropped the game a long time ago instead of maxing so many jobs. Honestly it really makes no sense...
____________________________
FINAL FANTASY XIV Roleplayer

Sair Gammonari - Hyur Midlander Male - Conjurer (Somewhat retired.)
Mihana Zhralyia - Miqo'te Seeker of the Sun Female - Archer



#64 May 09 2011 at 10:02 PM Rating: Excellent
Hope that someday SE makes good on their promise, I imagine.
____________________________
Die! Die die die. die die die die, die die. - Scarlet Briar
#65 May 09 2011 at 10:31 PM Rating: Good
***
1,313 posts
Bottom line is that SE put out a product knowing that it was garbage and sold it for money to people along with crysta. Successful companies push things back if they're not up to par. There is absolutely no way in **** SE thought that this game was worth money, and in that respect they duped their customers out of their money and only for the money. At the very least, they borrowed our money to continue trying to fix their **** product. Considering that many of us have purchased every FF previously made and expected the same level of quality this time around, I don't find it surprising at all that people are getting irritated by the pace of development.
____________________________
Eithne Draocht
My IG: archaicmachinery - Friend me!
#66 May 10 2011 at 3:56 AM Rating: Good
*
101 posts
Yes lets not care what current players want in favor of hypothetical future players. Sounds like a solid tactic for keeping a playerbase.
____________________________
booh
#67 May 10 2011 at 6:41 AM Rating: Decent
reptiletim wrote:

We get that you somehow have a problem with a game you have multiple jobs at the level cap. That reminds me of people who eat an entire meal at a restaurant, then complain that they want a refund because the food tasted bad. You really have no argument here as your signature image nullifies any inkling of an idea that you don't enjoy FFXIV. Nothing you say about the quality of FFXIV will hold any water because you seem to clearly enjoy it a lot.


As much as this comment could be true I can also give an example of a situation when I was in a restaurant on my lunch break absolutely starving. My food was served and it was horrible, I tried to call the waiter several times but ended up eating my food because I WAS HUNGRY. Then when it was time to pay my bill I complained about the food and said that I don't want to pay for it. The waiter told me, just like you posted above, that since I ate it, I shouldn't complain... however I ended up not paying as I had tried to contact the waiter with no luck as he was too busy with other customers and I had to eat something.

The world is not so black and white that you somehow lose the right to be unsatisfied with a product even if you still use it. I 100% back LateReg on this as the game is really crap... I actually did stop logging on a while ago and hope to return one day, but even if I did get to 50 on all jobs, I would still say that it has not been worth the money I spent for the game.

FF is a huge brand which should live up to it's name. With great success comes great responsibility and this is something people are unhappy about. Yes, if this was a completely new name in the market, I (and 1000s others) would have waited for reviews, but this is FINAL FANTASY and for this reason people bought new computers, queued outside of gameshops and now cry bitter tears because the dream they had of an awesome online game has been shattered.

I am keeping my fingers crossed all this will change but for now, latereg, I am right there with you, this game is really sh*t and needs a major vamp or I want my money back!
____________________________

#68 May 10 2011 at 8:17 AM Rating: Good
***
1,606 posts
Feel free to disagree with (or hate on) LateReg but please try not to make excuses for SE. They ****** up and decided it was more cost effective to just release the game no matter the condition (and just wizz all over their loyal fans/customers) than it was to put it off until the game was somewhere near "release condition". They aren't the only ones who do this crap but FFXIV was certainly the worst case of it I've encountered so far.
#69 May 10 2011 at 8:56 AM Rating: Decent
**
821 posts
Riniaru wrote:
Shezard wrote:
Riniaru wrote:
Shezard wrote:
Riniaru wrote:
SolomonGrundy wrote:
It's Golden Week In Japan - they are all on holiday. Yoshi-P said so in his last letter. After all that's happened to them in recent times I don't begrudge them a holiday!

Golden Week ended last week.


Yeah and its Monday...so last week isn't that far behind...but yeah...

Yeah and in an hour it'll be Tuesday in Japan...Golden Week ended on the 5th of May...but yeah...


Sure...why not just completely ignore the fact that there was a weekend in between...why not ignore the fact that weekends exist at all and let us all work 7 days a week, cause weekends don't exist. I bet your boss will be happy to hear that you will be happy to work on weekends.

Edited, May 9th 2011 2:18pm by Shezard

Sure...why not just completely ignore the fact that I don't live in japan...why not ignore japanese work ethic and the fact that quite a few japanese players I know had to work over the weekend. Do you honestly think working Japanesee can afford such luxuries?


I guess by now we ALL KNOW FFXIV was and still is crap compared to what it SHOULD have been at release. I just don't get why everybody needs to vent their rage about that over and over again. THE DEVS KNOW THEY DID ****. And since Yoshi P took over the game is improving steadily. It might not be the big huge steps everybody would like to see, but the steps are there nontheless. June Patch promises to be a lil bigger step than the ones before, so what are you actually complaining about? If the steps are not big enough for your taste/expectation...LEAVE THE ******* GAME AND DO SOMETHING ELSE TIL ENOUGH STEPS ARE ACCUMULATED FOR YOU TO BE SATISFIED!!!!

I mean seriously...GOD...this is so annoying! Don't ******* play 20h a day if you don't like it. PERIOD! If you don't have anything better to do cause you work at home(I wonder who actually believes that...) get yourself something else to do. Start another hobby, meet with friends, go outside, take a walk, play OFFLINE Games...there are a ton available that are fun! It's about to be summer...go swimming, make some bike tours WHATEVER!!! Do something you LIKE and don't do something you hate and THEN complain about it when you are free to do something else.

@Riniaru: Believe it or not...weekends exist in JP as well O.O And even more so...majority of JP citizens don't work on weekends O.O I guess that's a big surprise to you!

@Topic: I'm kind of bored in the game as well right now. But wow...big surprise...I play less cause of that...guess it's harder to do for addicts.
#70 May 10 2011 at 9:07 AM Rating: Decent
*
206 posts
Shezard wrote:
Riniaru wrote:
Shezard wrote:
Riniaru wrote:
Shezard wrote:
Riniaru wrote:
SolomonGrundy wrote:
It's Golden Week In Japan - they are all on holiday. Yoshi-P said so in his last letter. After all that's happened to them in recent times I don't begrudge them a holiday!

Golden Week ended last week.


Yeah and its Monday...so last week isn't that far behind...but yeah...

Yeah and in an hour it'll be Tuesday in Japan...Golden Week ended on the 5th of May...but yeah...


Sure...why not just completely ignore the fact that there was a weekend in between...why not ignore the fact that weekends exist at all and let us all work 7 days a week, cause weekends don't exist. I bet your boss will be happy to hear that you will be happy to work on weekends.

Edited, May 9th 2011 2:18pm by Shezard

Sure...why not just completely ignore the fact that I don't live in japan...why not ignore japanese work ethic and the fact that quite a few japanese players I know had to work over the weekend. Do you honestly think working Japanesee can afford such luxuries?


I guess by now we ALL KNOW FFXIV was and still is crap compared to what it SHOULD have been at release. I just don't get why everybody needs to vent their rage about that over and over again. THE DEVS KNOW THEY DID sh*t. And since Yoshi P took over the game is improving steadily. It might not be the big huge steps everybody would like to see, but the steps are there nontheless. June Patch promises to be a lil bigger step than the ones before, so what are you actually complaining about? If the steps are not big enough for your taste/expectation...LEAVE THE @#%^ING GAME AND DO SOMETHING ELSE TIL ENOUGH STEPS ARE ACCUMULATED FOR YOU TO BE SATISFIED!!!!

I mean seriously...GOD...this is so annoying! Don't @#%^ing play 20h a day if you don't like it. PERIOD! If you don't have anything better to do cause you work at home(I wonder who actually believes that...) get yourself something else to do. Start another hobby, meet with friends, go outside, take a walk, play OFFLINE Games...there are a ton available that are fun! It's about to be summer...go swimming, make some bike tours WHATEVER!!! Do something you LIKE and don't do something you hate and THEN complain about it when you are free to do something else.

@Riniaru: Believe it or not...weekends exist in JP as well O.O And even more so...majority of JP citizens don't work on weekends O.O I guess that's a big surprise to you!

@Topic: I'm kind of bored in the game as well right now. But wow...big surprise...I play less cause of that...guess it's harder to do for addicts.


It doesn't really matter to me what people believe. What's so hard about working from home? I sell on eBay and other sites, and I'm working on opening my own site at the moment. I have a ton of free time where I can't hang out with friends because they're all in school or at their own jobs. I do travel once a month, though. All over America, and I've been to Canada, Mexico, and China. I also have family who live in Japan (we're all white lol).

Also, try to keep the hostility towards Riniaru down. Someone posted a comment that GW was still going on, and he simply posted that this wasn't the case, and what he knew about the situation, and he got flamed for stating facts and others got backed up for saying things that weren't. That seems pretty backwards to me. And I also don't think he needs lectures on Japanese culture. Not only does the guy speak the language pretty well, he has a good amount of friends he's in touch who live there.
____________________________
#71 May 10 2011 at 9:11 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
176 posts
Shezard wrote:
Riniaru wrote:
Shezard wrote:
Riniaru wrote:
Shezard wrote:
Riniaru wrote:
SolomonGrundy wrote:
It's Golden Week In Japan - they are all on holiday. Yoshi-P said so in his last letter. After all that's happened to them in recent times I don't begrudge them a holiday!

Golden Week ended last week.


Yeah and its Monday...so last week isn't that far behind...but yeah...

Yeah and in an hour it'll be Tuesday in Japan...Golden Week ended on the 5th of May...but yeah...


Sure...why not just completely ignore the fact that there was a weekend in between...why not ignore the fact that weekends exist at all and let us all work 7 days a week, cause weekends don't exist. I bet your boss will be happy to hear that you will be happy to work on weekends.

Edited, May 9th 2011 2:18pm by Shezard

Sure...why not just completely ignore the fact that I don't live in japan...why not ignore japanese work ethic and the fact that quite a few japanese players I know had to work over the weekend. Do you honestly think working Japanesee can afford such luxuries?


I guess by now we ALL KNOW FFXIV was and still is crap compared to what it SHOULD have been at release. I just don't get why everybody needs to vent their rage about that over and over again. THE DEVS KNOW THEY DID sh*t. And since Yoshi P took over the game is improving steadily. It might not be the big huge steps everybody would like to see, but the steps are there nontheless. June Patch promises to be a lil bigger step than the ones before, so what are you actually complaining about? If the steps are not big enough for your taste/expectation...LEAVE THE @#%^ING GAME AND DO SOMETHING ELSE TIL ENOUGH STEPS ARE ACCUMULATED FOR YOU TO BE SATISFIED!!!!

I mean seriously...GOD...this is so annoying! Don't @#%^ing play 20h a day if you don't like it. PERIOD! If you don't have anything better to do cause you work at home(I wonder who actually believes that...) get yourself something else to do. Start another hobby, meet with friends, go outside, take a walk, play OFFLINE Games...there are a ton available that are fun! It's about to be summer...go swimming, make some bike tours WHATEVER!!! Do something you LIKE and don't do something you hate and THEN complain about it when you are free to do something else.

@Riniaru: Believe it or not...weekends exist in JP as well O.O And even more so...majority of JP citizens don't work on weekends O.O I guess that's a big surprise to you!

@Topic: I'm kind of bored in the game as well right now. But wow...big surprise...I play less cause of that...guess it's harder to do for addicts.

Dude, take a chill pill and calm down.
And yes I know weekends exist, but most of my Japanese friends have to work weekends, so there.
____________________________

TERA looks tasty...
#72 May 10 2011 at 3:03 PM Rating: Decent
**
660 posts
LeilaniWildfire, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
reptiletim wrote:

We get that you somehow have a problem with a game you have multiple jobs at the level cap. That reminds me of people who eat an entire meal at a restaurant, then complain that they want a refund because the food tasted bad. You really have no argument here as your signature image nullifies any inkling of an idea that you don't enjoy FFXIV. Nothing you say about the quality of FFXIV will hold any water because you seem to clearly enjoy it a lot.


As much as this comment could be true I can also give an example of a situation when I was in a restaurant on my lunch break absolutely starving. My food was served and it was horrible, I tried to call the waiter several times but ended up eating my food because I WAS HUNGRY. Then when it was time to pay my bill I complained about the food and said that I don't want to pay for it. The waiter told me, just like you posted above, that since I ate it, I shouldn't complain... however I ended up not paying as I had tried to contact the waiter with no luck as he was too busy with other customers and I had to eat something.

The world is not so black and white that you somehow lose the right to be unsatisfied with a product even if you still use it. I 100% back LateReg on this as the game is really crap... I actually did stop logging on a while ago and hope to return one day, but even if I did get to 50 on all jobs, I would still say that it has not been worth the money I spent for the game.

FF is a huge brand which should live up to it's name. With great success comes great responsibility and this is something people are unhappy about. Yes, if this was a completely new name in the market, I (and 1000s others) would have waited for reviews, but this is FINAL FANTASY and for this reason people bought new computers, queued outside of gameshops and now cry bitter tears because the dream they had of an awesome online game has been shattered.

I am keeping my fingers crossed all this will change but for now, latereg, I am right there with you, this game is really sh*t and needs a major vamp or I want my money back!


In your example you should have left to go to another restaurant. Your argument only seems valid if there were no other available choice to choose from. Players who don't like FFXIV are free to try anything else, so why do they spend countless hours playing a game they hate? Stop acting like FFXIV is the only MMO on the market.
____________________________


#73LeilaniWildfire, Goblin in Disguise, Posted: May 11 2011 at 7:23 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) If I wanted to play some other games than Final Fantasy games I would have already done so you smart ***.
#74 May 11 2011 at 6:41 PM Rating: Good
**
821 posts
LeilaniWildfire, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
reptiletim wrote:



In your example you should have left to go to another restaurant. Your argument only seems valid if there were no other available choice to choose from. Players who don't like FFXIV are free to try anything else, so why do they spend countless hours playing a game they hate? Stop acting like FFXIV is the only MMO on the market.


If I wanted to play some other games than Final Fantasy games I would have already done so you smart ***.
If you are so flakey with what you are a fan of then go ahead and play all the other MMO games out there... I however went back to FF11 since I want to play FINAL FANTASY MMO...
It's like saying to a person who enjoys classical music to go get a rap album if they can't find the one they wanted.

And btw, no I couldn't go to a different restaurant... Incase you don't know, lunch hour lasts for one hour.


Um...he suggests you to go play another MMO if you hate FFXIV. Saying this is like suggesting a person who likes classic music to go by a rap album is just stupid lol.
He is just telling you to find ANOTHER classic album then the one you were hoping to get.

And omg...believe it or not....I'm a huge fan of Final Fantasy...but is that alone enough for me to play X and XIII over and over again? They suck...being a fan of the franchise won't force me to play sh*t I don't like over and over again...FFXIV's not what you were hoping for, suck it up and move on!

Edited, May 12th 2011 12:42am by Shezard
1 2 Next »
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 18 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (18)