Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

Grand Companies of Eorzea Page Updated! (05/18/2011)Follow

#1 May 18 2011 at 4:55 AM Rating: Excellent
**
929 posts
Quote:
The official Grand Companies of Eorzea page has been updated, and this could only spell one thing: the dark clouds of catastrophe draw ever nearer!

Make haste for the official page and pore over the newly added content.


http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/company/gc01.html#gc1

Quote:
¤ The Grand Companies of Eorzea Return!
The Grand Companies of Eorzea are a military alliance of nations united in common cause to avert imminent catastrophe from engulfing the realm, each city-state charged with mustering its resources under the banner of an elite regiment. At their commanders' behests, the companies have begun petitioning able men and women to join their ranks regardless of birth and standing. In due time, that selfsame clarion call will sound out to those intrepid individuals known as adventurers.

To be a part of the Grand Companies is to be a part of history in the making. Grow strong through cooperation and rivalry, and earn yourself boundless glory and a place in history. Will you lend your stout sword arm to the cause?


¤ Do Your Part for the Survival of Eorzea!

The first step to joining the Grand Companies involves enlisting in one of three regiments: the Maelstrom, helmed by Chief Admiral Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn; the Order of the Twin Adder, lead by Elder Seedseer Kan-E-Senna; or the Immortal Flames, commanded by Flame General Raubahn Aldynn. To ensure the optimal allocation of manpower, a trial enlistment system will be established whereby individuals can discover firsthand with which company's ethos they most closely identify—it matters not wherefrom one hails.

In time, you will find yourself prompted to formally enlist. To which company would you swear allegiance? For whom would you lay down life and limb? Only you will know the answer to these questions.

Upon induction, you will be awarded the initial rank given to all new recruits, and may count yourself among elite. Company members will be assigned missions vital and diverse in nature, ranging from skirmishes with Garlean forces and savage beast tribes to supply replenishment and manufacturing. Whatever your strength and specialty, rest assured in the knowledge that your presence will make a difference.

Prove your worth by unfailingly completing the tasks assigned, and you will climb the ranks and be entrusted with missions of greater import and issued powerful equipment befitting your prowess. As a special provision exempts adventurers from bound service, you are free to take up the cause at your own pace and convenience. Yet know that disaster waits for no man, like a dark cloud overhead spreading its shadowy demesne ahead of the coming storm. And when the day of reckoning arrives, all adventurers will find their steel tested to the farthest limit.




Edited, May 18th 2011 7:00am by Magnesium02
#2 May 18 2011 at 4:58 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
176 posts
Ooooh, the dark clouds... they draw even nearer...
____________________________

TERA looks tasty...
#3 May 18 2011 at 5:04 AM Rating: Excellent
**
589 posts
Quote:
it matters not wherefrom one hails.


Read: Please all don't join the Ul'dah Grand Company.

I hope any item rewards obtainable through your Grand Company are evenly matched and not leaning in favour of Gridania or LL to try to get people out of Ul'dah.

/cynic off
____________________________
Solomon Grundy | Born on a Monday | Excalibur Server | Abyss: Welcome to a Higher Quality of Nerding™
#4 May 18 2011 at 5:06 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
560 posts
SolomonGrundy wrote:
Quote:
it matters not wherefrom one hails.


Read: Please all don't join the Ul'dah Grand Company.

I hope any item rewards obtainable through your Grand Company are evenly matched and not leaning in favour of Gridania or LL to try to get people out of Ul'dah.

/cynic off


There will be like 6 people joining limsa and like 1 or 2 crazies joining gridania. I feel like I will stick with Limsa, I have this long even though almost noone else plays in the area.
____________________________


#5 May 18 2011 at 5:06 AM Rating: Good
*
182 posts
SolomonGrundy wrote:
Quote:
it matters not wherefrom one hails.


Read: Please all don't join the Ul'dah Grand Company.

I hope any item rewards obtainable through your Grand Company are evenly matched and not leaning in favour of Gridania or LL to try to get people out of Ul'dah.

/cynic off


Don't worry, I know I'm not joining Ul'dah's GC. Limsa Lominsa is my city-state and I will defend it until my last breath!
____________________________
?
#6 May 18 2011 at 5:27 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
...or until you find out that Ul'dahs version of the reward has a +1 attached to it...
#7 May 18 2011 at 5:37 AM Rating: Default
so Uldah is an Eorzean plague eh? lol my allegiance sticks to Gridania, for true and always since day 1
____________________________

#8 May 18 2011 at 5:38 AM Rating: Excellent
**
589 posts
Rinsui wrote:
...or until you find out that Ul'dahs version of the reward has a +1 attached to it...


Right, who let the cat out the bag? Everyone knows Ul'dah real name is Uber'dah, we always get to good sheeeit.
____________________________
Solomon Grundy | Born on a Monday | Excalibur Server | Abyss: Welcome to a Higher Quality of Nerding™
#9 May 18 2011 at 5:54 AM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
GennarioVeltaine wrote:
so Uldah is an Eorzean plague eh? lol my allegiance sticks to Gridania, for true and always since day 1


Right on. I sold out with this character starting him in Ul'dah = ( But my other character represents Gridania.

Though if each one has a set of gear rewards meant for specific classes....***** hometown pride = D

Edited, May 18th 2011 8:07am by TwistedOwl
____________________________

#10 May 18 2011 at 6:11 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
531 posts
Gotta stick with my homeland Gridania!
____________________________






#11 May 18 2011 at 6:16 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,566 posts
So this seems like an out-of-game teaser so far? Just did a few laps around Ul'dah and Gridania and found no new quests.
#12 May 18 2011 at 6:30 AM Rating: Excellent
**
929 posts
SolomonGrundy wrote:
Quote:
it matters not wherefrom one hails.


Read: Please all don't join the Ul'dah Grand Company.

I hope any item rewards obtainable through your Grand Company are evenly matched and not leaning in favour of Gridania or LL to try to get people out of Ul'dah.

/cynic off


Well there could be a ranking system based on the number of adventurers in each company or the total of their ranks. The rewards could vary based on this, like better rewards offered for the highest one (which may overweight one company) or they could give better rewards to the underdogs.
#13TwiddleDee, Posted: May 18 2011 at 6:35 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) removed
#14 May 18 2011 at 6:40 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,566 posts
TwiddleDee wrote:
Waited 9 days from (Hatching-tide – Case Cracked (05/09/2011)) and 16 from (Letter from the Producer, IX (05/02/2011)) for a new peace of info we get this? Not worth the 5 min it took to read, SE stop beating the bush expecting a rabbit to jump out. Just get on track and update with info worth* it, not some half *** lore no one really gives a **** about.

*
Info for battle system
Armor
Skills
Main story
Dungeons



Edited, May 18th 2011 8:36am by TwiddleDee


Guess which one this is about?

Here's the rest of the Lodestone post:



Quote:

Toto-Rak Team Feared Lost

High above the Twelveswood, the raven circles, evermore seeking out truth hidden amongst the shadows of the trees.

In this extra edition, field correspondent Oliver Goodfellow bears tragic tidings from a forgotten neck of the Twelveswood, where special correspondent Martyn Ironer has braved unknown dangers in an attempt to uncover the seeds of a nefarious plot against Gridania.
Tragedy at Toto-Rak
A tragedy has occurred at the Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak. A notorious dungeon that once held poachers and arsonists—the vilest kinds of criminals ever to defile the Twelveswood—the mere mention of its name is enough to set the hairs of any forestborn standing on end. Up until three decades ago when the Elder Seedseer closed and sealed Toto-Rak, declaring it barbaric and unworthy of Gridanians, the dungeon was dreaded far and wide as the seventh **** made manifest.

Not a few days past, The Raven received a tip-off that shady individuals appearing to be Garlean mercenaries had been skulking about the long-abandoned dungeon. Recognizing the potential graveness of the situation, our editor-in-chief spared no haste in alerting the Order of the Twin Adder. In so doing, The Raven essentially forwent an opportunity to garner an exclusive. As a gesture of gratitude for our responsible judgment, however, the Order kindly permitted us representation among their elite squad of four dispatched to investigate the rumors. So it was that special correspondent Martyn Ironer struck out for the Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak.

"Now entering...*buzzzzzz*...Thousand Maws...*fizzzzzz*..."

No sooner had the party set foot within the dungeon's dank, foreboding passageways than a problem arose. Lightning aetheric interference, the source of which is presumed to be Imperial, severely degraded the transmission from our correspondent, the Order issue linkpearl loaned to us unable to pierce the haze.

After what felt like an interminable length of time in oppressive silence, a fragmented signal finally broke through to us. Our relief would prove to be short-lived, however, as a scene of horror we dared not imagine played out on the aether.

“Glowing wall...impedes advance... Curses...!”

“Unidentified device...likely Imperial... Do not tamper...”

“Oh gods... It's back again... C-Come no closer... Aiiieeeeee!”

This was the last contact we received before communication failed entirely with an ear-piercing crack. Naught has been heard from the party since. That our veteran pugilist correspondent—accompanied by a squad of Twin Adders, no less—would vanish without a trace is truly a disturbing turn of events.

The truth yet remains beyond our glimpsing, hidden deep within the mildew-lined cells of Toto-Rak. This much, however, is plain: an Imperial machination is afoot. We at The Raven offer our sincere condolences to the families of those lost, and implore the Order of the Twin Adder to take swift and effective measures to bring the heinous plot to light and secure the safety of Gridania and her citizens.

Oliver Goodfellow


* Screenshots depict content under development.
#15 May 18 2011 at 6:41 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
12,704 posts
TwiddleDee wrote:
Waited 9 days from (Hatching-tide – Case Cracked (05/09/2011)) and 16 from (Letter from the Producer, IX (05/02/2011)) for a new peace of info we get this? Not worth the 5 min it took to read, SE stop beating the bush expecting a rabbit to jump out. Just get on track and update with info worth* it, not some half *** lore no one really gives a **** about.

*
Info for battle system
Armor
Skills
Main story
Dungeons



Edited, May 18th 2011 8:36am by TwiddleDee


I agree, no one gives a **** about lore in an RPG! YOU HEAR THAT SE? TWIDDLEDEE IS THE VOICE OF THE COMMUNITY, WE DON'T CARE FOR ANYTHING BUT LOOT AND FIGHTING!

Funny you should list Dungeons when this lore is about a dungeon. Don't complain if you don't know what you're complaining about. Hopefully the next 2 categories get updated soon.
____________________________

#16 May 18 2011 at 7:07 AM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Magnesium02 wrote:
SolomonGrundy wrote:
Quote:
it matters not wherefrom one hails.


Read: Please all don't join the Ul'dah Grand Company.

I hope any item rewards obtainable through your Grand Company are evenly matched and not leaning in favour of Gridania or LL to try to get people out of Ul'dah.

/cynic off


Well there could be a ranking system based on the number of adventurers in each company or the total of their ranks. The rewards could vary based on this, like better rewards offered for the highest one (which may overweight one company) or they could give better rewards to the underdogs.


I'm thinking more like Campaign rather than Conquest with this. You earn ranks & points to be able to get the better gear that Company offers(Perhaps mages would want Gridania's company gear, etc.). But without the competition between the 3 like Conquest had.-shrugs-



Edited, May 18th 2011 9:13am by TwistedOwl
____________________________

#17 May 18 2011 at 7:16 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
4,100 posts
Sounds similar to the Nation Rank system from FFXI, with more of a sandbox design. Hopefully these missions will be part of a network of additional storyline missions rather than an additional daily/leve system to which we simply repeat tasks until achieving the next rank, at which point we'll repeat "new" tasks.
____________________________
Common sense is not so common -Voltaire
Wyne Aeros - Hyperion Server
ARRFishing.com

#18 May 18 2011 at 7:21 AM Rating: Decent
****
6,898 posts
TwiddleDee wrote:
Waited 9 days from (Hatching-tide – Case Cracked (05/09/2011)) and 16 from (Letter from the Producer, IX (05/02/2011)) for a new peace of info we get this? Not worth the 5 min it took to read, SE stop beating the bush expecting a rabbit to jump out. Just get on track and update with info worth* it, not some half *** lore no one really gives a **** about.

*
Info for battle system
Armor
Skills
Main story
Dungeons



Edited, May 18th 2011 8:36am by TwiddleDee


You are lacking some serious reading comprehension skills buddy. If you actually went to the Grand Companies page, you'd realize that they added an entire section with an article describing the dungeon Toto-Rak.

On topic, I must say I really enjoyed the article they posted about it. I like the editorial style they used. I'm now really looking forward to seeing what the other two dungeon articles will be like. I just really hope that if you sign up for 1 company, you will still be able to run the other dungeons, because otherwise it kind of stinks to incorporate a dungeon for each area that only 1 city-state can access. I want some variety!
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#19 May 18 2011 at 7:36 AM Rating: Good
*
138 posts
Sounds like Campaign in a cave.

Cool. Think I'll stick with Limsa though. Bound to be full of bloody horrible looking watery things in sea caverns. Joy!

Really regret spending all my elemental point allotment on wind and fire now. Gonna get pwned by a group of sahagin i just know it.
#20 May 18 2011 at 7:52 AM Rating: Default
*
101 posts
So they're not even giving us full colour decent size pictures? I guess that's alright we just need to go into mun-tuy cellars to get the hd versions.
____________________________
booh
#21 May 18 2011 at 7:59 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
I guess I am one of the crazies joining with Gridania! It is my characters homeland! There she shall stay to defend her! :P
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#22 May 18 2011 at 8:19 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
569 posts
I'll remove my complaint, that does not change the fact we got lore rather than solid fact. SE can write a book for all i care, i just want to know the facts and time line SE intends to follow. As odd as it seems my dedication to 14 is solid, am only saying what i am because for every 1 person who likes the lore 2 don't. I would like nothing more the for this game to shine, but i don't think beating the bush is the way to go.
____________________________
99th paper cut, and the grain of salt.
#23 May 18 2011 at 8:39 AM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
Considering we already know that Yoshi is releasing information on the battle adjustments this week, I'd say you just have to be patient. A big portion of ANY FF game is the lore, and while I agree that solid information about updates and changes is always nice, there's no reason to be upset at them releasing lore information, especially when it is done in an interesting way like the newspaper article. I'd think that anyone who has lasted this long in the game should understand the importance of being patient, because it's pretty clear SE is going to do things at their own pace, and when they have updates for us, we'll know about em.
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#24 May 18 2011 at 8:41 AM Rating: Decent
go go gridania!!!
4ever and ever !!
____________________________


#25 May 18 2011 at 9:21 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
437 posts
If its all solo stuff then I'd go Gridania but I would join another if there are group mission and all my linkshell wanted to go with a different city...
____________________________

Metin - Phoenix - BLM75 WHM48 Retired

http://cojenova.enjin.com/ff14forum

#26 May 18 2011 at 9:25 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
437 posts
TwiddleDee wrote:
I'll remove my complaint, that does not change the fact we got lore rather than solid fact. SE can write a book for all i care, i just want to know the facts and time line SE intends to follow. As odd as it seems my dedication to 14 is solid, am only saying what i am because for every 1 person who likes the lore 2 don't. I would like nothing more the for this game to shine, but i don't think beating the bush is the way to go.


I don't just want SE to come out and say, "Here's your dungeon" I want the full back story I want it to make sense inside this fantasy world. I guess only a poll would see if you are right on the 1:2 ratio... I would be quite depressed if you are right on that.
____________________________

Metin - Phoenix - BLM75 WHM48 Retired

http://cojenova.enjin.com/ff14forum

#27 May 18 2011 at 9:36 AM Rating: Good
***
1,949 posts
Cloe is from Ul'dah, but I'm thinking of joining LL or Grid's grand companies.

Gridania, because I spend all my time over there these days.
Limsa because the Chief Admiral dual-wields Annihilator and Death Penalty. :O
____________________________
FFXIV: Cloe Delisle Scholar, officer of the SWAGGER Free company, Sargatanas server.
#28 May 18 2011 at 9:55 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
TwiddleDee wrote:
I'll remove my complaint, that does not change the fact we got lore rather than solid fact. SE can write a book for all i care, i just want to know the facts and time line SE intends to follow. As odd as it seems my dedication to 14 is solid, am only saying what i am because for every 1 person who likes the lore 2 don't. I would like nothing more the for this game to shine, but i don't think beating the bush is the way to go.


I think you and many others are valid in your complaint, however, people need to understand that code writing and designing takes some time. You can't just expect them to come up with a date. The thing is, things don't always work. Maybe some of the coding doesn't work, design issues, programming problems etc. I understand that this game was released under craptastic conditions, but they are working hard to fix it. And they delt with an earthquake/tsunami, outages, and a Cherennobyl(SP), type disaster. Give them time, they will get it fixed.

And when it comes to lore, the FF series is all about lore, history and back ground. Maybe not to the extent of TES series, but FF typically has great lore. Go back to the previous games and play them and tell us that half the fun isn't in lore.

I know it's taking a bit to get things fixed on this thing, however, if them being slow is a result of a good game and background, I can wait. If you can't, there are other great games out there. Bayonetta was hot, loving Enslaved, and if you havt tried The Elder Scrolls, you should.
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#29 May 18 2011 at 10:00 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
*
197 posts
I'll stick with my homeland, Girdania, for sure. Sick of the sand! Even if there are no people playing there, even if I'm able to do the quests/missions/leves at a snail pace. I'll just feel.... better(?), more immersed(??), more accomplished(???) than just switching to the more popular/easier city-state, Ul'dah (like I did for leve grind ._. which quickly sucked all the fun out of the game for me). Even if the rewards are better in Thannalan.... stats are never a priority with me anyway ^^;

I'm primarily a CON and am bound to Girdania and my guild there as far as companies are concerned till they burn the forest down! :O (if you see any Lalafell carrying matches around Girdania be sure to contact a GM!!! >_>)
#30 May 18 2011 at 10:09 AM Rating: Good
***
3,825 posts
tpgsoldier wrote:
and like 1 or 2 crazies joining gridania.


Well, I'll be one of the "crazies" on Rab... so who's joining me? ^.^
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#31 May 18 2011 at 10:19 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
Trees are pretty! Windurst was nice! I fight for Gridania!
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#32 May 18 2011 at 10:31 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,146 posts
Quote:
Company members will be assigned missions vital and diverse in nature, ranging from skirmishes with Garlean forces and savage beast tribes to supply replenishment and manufacturing. Whatever your strength and specialty, rest assured in the knowledge that your presence will make a difference.

This is the part I'm most excited about.
I agree that this seems to be like a beefed up version of the FFXI nation missions maybe mixed up with some form of besieged.
And it's nice to see that crafting classes finally get something to do besides leves.

The next patch can't come fast enough ^^
____________________________

Final Fantasy XI
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Name: Kyana (retired)
Jobs: THF75 PLD70 BST70

#33 May 18 2011 at 10:49 AM Rating: Decent
**
621 posts
LOTS of chocobos on that website! Where are those chocobos??
____________________________
Kweh?!

...prophesizing the golden patch since october 2010.
#34 May 18 2011 at 10:55 AM Rating: Good
**
462 posts
those aren't choco's... clearly HORSEBIRDS
____________________________
Maverik
Paradise Oblivion
75SMN/41WHM/45BRD/37RNG/75COR
Maverick Hawkeye. Kashuan.
#35 May 18 2011 at 11:05 AM Rating: Good
**
821 posts
TwiddleDee wrote:
I'll remove my complaint, that does not change the fact we got lore rather than solid fact. SE can write a book for all i care, i just want to know the facts and time line SE intends to follow. As odd as it seems my dedication to 14 is solid, am only saying what i am because for every 1 person who likes the lore 2 don't. I would like nothing more the for this game to shine, but i don't think beating the bush is the way to go.


Well if you don't give a **** about lore, that's your choice, but don't assume that for every 1 person who likes lore, there are 2 who don't like it. In fact most of the people playing FFXIV are actual FF Fans and they WANT Lore BEHIND the stuff they do and not just shiny purple epics jumping out of a mob that happens to stand around a place.

This whole article got me hooked badly. I'm so looking forward to the other 2 now, the battle change announcement hopefully coming this week too etc.

I love the lore approach to actually spread information about the **** to come. I'd much prefer that lore being implemented into the game though in quest form^^

But you can't have all at once, can you? So I'm just happy that there is something new right now and it sounds awesome, what makes it even better!
#36 May 18 2011 at 11:32 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
626 posts
Mistress Theonehio wrote:
TwiddleDee wrote:
Waited 9 days from (Hatching-tide – Case Cracked (05/09/2011)) and 16 from (Letter from the Producer, IX (05/02/2011)) for a new peace of info we get this? Not worth the 5 min it took to read, SE stop beating the bush expecting a rabbit to jump out. Just get on track and update with info worth* it, not some half *** lore no one really gives a **** about.

*
Info for battle system
Armor
Skills
Main story
Dungeons



Edited, May 18th 2011 8:36am by TwiddleDee


I agree, no one gives a sh*t about lore in an RPG! YOU HEAR THAT SE? TWIDDLEDEE IS THE VOICE OF THE COMMUNITY, WE DON'T CARE FOR ANYTHING BUT LOOT AND FIGHTING!

Funny you should list Dungeons when this lore is about a dungeon. Don't complain if you don't know what you're complaining about. Hopefully the next 2 categories get updated soon.

are you so oblivious you dont know what hes talking about? he wants actual info on how dungeons are gonna work. whats gonna come along with dungeons? how long till you can repeat the one/all of them? your right, not everyone cares that much about lore or square enixes lore on top of that, to many people lore is the icing on the cake which the cake is blowing stuff up and chatting with your friends. especially when the whole point is to read about the lore in game through interration, outside of that just doesnt exist to some people. Plus, if you think about it, shouldnt such an umbrella company have the man power it should take to pump out updates alot quicker? if you say no then its nothing but difference in opinion once again.

Edited, May 18th 2011 1:33pm by pixelpop
____________________________

#37 May 18 2011 at 11:32 AM Rating: Decent
**
462 posts
ugh- its not that people don't want Lore.. its that they want to know whats going on with the game....

You can't "play" Lore.. you can just read it and say "hmm thats interesting."

People want to play the game, not read a book.
____________________________
Maverik
Paradise Oblivion
75SMN/41WHM/45BRD/37RNG/75COR
Maverick Hawkeye. Kashuan.
#38 May 18 2011 at 11:35 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
626 posts
MaverickBG wrote:
ugh- its not that people don't want Lore.. its that they want to know whats going on with the game....

You can't "play" Lore.. you can just read it and say "hmm thats interesting."

People want to play the game, not read a book.

dont say that outloud, mistress might know more and better than you because lore is supposed to be the #1 top priority thing on every MMOers list.
well guess what mistress, just like you know as much as you do and are a **** lore hound, well thats how i am with killing bosses and getting loot, if my party isnt doing as well as they should then they are doing it wrong.
____________________________

#39 May 18 2011 at 11:47 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,120 posts
Except they've been doing it like this all along. Giving teaser lore info first to give us crap to think about. The specifics always come right around the time of the update. This shouldn't be surprising people anymore.

Though like it was mentioned, we may finally be getting info on the changes to the battle system soon.(Been looking forward to that)

Edited, May 18th 2011 1:55pm by TwistedOwl
____________________________

#40 May 18 2011 at 11:53 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
626 posts
TwistedOwl wrote:
Except they've been doing it like this all along. Giving teaser lore info first to give us crap to think about. The specifics always come right around the time of the update. This shouldn't be surprising people anymore.

awesome reply, thank you for one that makes sense, is non-biased and totally correct.
____________________________

#41 May 18 2011 at 12:00 PM Rating: Default
**
462 posts
and after just about every single 'lore' post.. people get post angry threads.
____________________________
Maverik
Paradise Oblivion
75SMN/41WHM/45BRD/37RNG/75COR
Maverick Hawkeye. Kashuan.
#42 May 18 2011 at 12:01 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
626 posts
MaverickBG wrote:
and after just about every single 'lore' post.. people get post angry threads.

this is probably my first real angry post, you can even look at my post history, i try to post fairly, not that im anyone i just stay out of drama, but i get tired of that mistress sometimes.
____________________________

#43 May 18 2011 at 12:25 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
295 posts
I will also be joining Gridania's company. I can't abandon my favorite city-state!
#44 May 18 2011 at 1:34 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
38 posts
I for one am glad to see updates, regardless of how long they take to be made official.... The way I look at it, they released this game probably a whole year earlier than they should have. Now they are probably working twice as hard trying to get the game up to par.


Now we all get to play for free while they fix up the game... Sounds kinda like BETA to me, consider yourselves testers. There's been many, many improvements (yes I admit I was off for 6 months, but now I am back and I really like the progress I am seeing) and I for one will keep supporting this game until it reaches it's full potential. If this game was a hopeless case, I'd give up too, but with all its potential, it's worth sticking around through the hard times. At least until SE gives up.
#45 May 18 2011 at 1:46 PM Rating: Good
*
146 posts
Seems like people will start spreading out again, I know I'll join LL company!
Haven't seen anyone yet being enthusiastic about Ul'dah company, anyone plans on joining it?
#46 May 18 2011 at 2:23 PM Rating: Default
Sorry if this has already been noticed but I was just reviewing the announcement and read the general's bio's again and noticed that their weapons are all the legendary weapons (or whatever they were called) from FFXI.

This has probably been commented on already and I am just really late to the connecting the dots party :)
#47 May 18 2011 at 2:37 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
626 posts
northernsky wrote:
Seems like people will start spreading out again, I know I'll join LL company!
Haven't seen anyone yet being enthusiastic about Ul'dah company, anyone plans on joining it?

im guessing your allegiance determines the gear/items your rewarded? if so im probably joining gridania even though my nation is uldah. if not then its uldah GC all the way!!
____________________________

#48 May 18 2011 at 2:52 PM Rating: Good
*
206 posts
Docent42 wrote:
Cloe is from Ul'dah, but I'm thinking of joining LL or Grid's grand companies.

Gridania, because I spend all my time over there these days.
Limsa because the Chief Admiral dual-wields Annihilator and Death Penalty. :O


This is like... the main reason I'd wanna join Limsa. I thought it was sooooo cool that they paid homage to XI Relics with the Gridania leader using Claustrum and Limsa's dualing Annhilator and Death Penalty.
____________________________
#49 May 18 2011 at 3:26 PM Rating: Good
*
81 posts
I also like how the history of Tizona remained the same.

From XI:
Quote:
The sword wielded by Balrahn in his younger days. While on his travels it was
stripped of him after suffering the only defeat of his life at the hands of a certain
mercenary. He later rose up anew, mustering the bravery to again challenge his
newfound rival, this time achieving victory and reclaiming the blade. Afterwards the
mercenary and Balrahn came to share a lasting friendship until the end of their days.


From XIV:
Quote:
Tizona--a cursed blade taken from the hands of a former rival after defeating him on the bloodsands.


And I will definitely join Ul'dah's Company. There's no way I'd go with anyone else--regardless of equipment. Loyal to Bastok, loyal to Ul'dah. I would love an XIV version of the aketon!
____________________________

#50 May 18 2011 at 4:02 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
12,704 posts
pixelpop wrote:

are you so oblivious you dont know what hes talking about? he wants actual info on how dungeons are gonna work.


I wish I was oblivious. The problem with this is people assume dungeons are instances and may infact be dungeons like how XI (and most FF games) did them. There was a lot of info in that update page.

We learned:

1. There's a ranking system.
2. There's going to be a quest or 'battle content' that determines our entrence into said companies.
3. They're a mission based system.
4. Missions vary from gathering type to battles against the Garleans (Campaign?)

That's just if you skim over the info.

Edited, May 18th 2011 3:03pm by Theonehio
____________________________

#51 May 18 2011 at 6:29 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
19 posts
Long live the Floyd
____________________________


« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)