Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

EDITORIAL: Raiders of the Lost PatchFollow

#1 Jun 01 2011 at 10:00 PM Rating: Excellent
Legend speaks of a powerful patch, buried for several months and undiscovered in the bowels of Square Enix. Yes, I speak of the mythical Golden Patch, the very patch that was foretold at beta to deliver us from the RIFT trolls! Could it be? Is it real? After all this time, will we witness the unveiling of the fabled Golden Patch?

A protip: If the upcoming patch is the Golden Patch, don't look directly at it, or this could happen to you!

Check out my editorial here.

Discuss it here!

And a big thanks to Vlorsutes, as always, for supplying me with awesome artwork! And congrats on your FFXI promotion!
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#2 Jun 01 2011 at 10:04 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Thayos wrote:
Yes, I speak of the mythical Golden Patch
/trollface on

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing how they plan to do auto-attack. I'm not exactly on the edge of my seat though. I'd say it's extremely unlikely that any one patch will ever deliver enough changes to be defined as the "golden" patch, especially now that they've accelerated their patching schedule to make the game feel like it's moving a bit quicker. I still don't think the problems can be attributed to the game being rushed. It was going to be terrible no matter how much extra time they took because they weren't taking the alpha/beta feedback seriously.

Edited, Jun 1st 2011 11:23pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#3 Jun 01 2011 at 10:13 PM Rating: Good
***
1,566 posts
Like many hidden treasures, I think the concept of what a "Golden Patch" would be is highly inflated beyond reality due to the hopes of the masses and the time it's taken to deliver.

I believe that a true Golden Patch would simply be the catalyst for actual change. We've been hearing about the battle changes for so long now. On top of that, everything else they mention -- which is said to have a portion of the XIV team to be working on it, no matter the topic be it from the jobs system to dungeons -- all seems to hinge on these new battle changes.

Hopefully the mid-June update delivers some actual notion of a solid base upon which this game may stand. I know many players, myself included, have run short on patience. It's time for SE to put up or shut up.

When change does come, it will certainly be life as we know it on the Internet. Fanatics will rejoice, trolls will denounce and the rest of us will stay quiet and finally be able to decide if or not this is the game for us.
#4 Jun 01 2011 at 10:15 PM Rating: Excellent
******
48,711 posts
Thayos wrote:
After all this time, will we witness the unveiling of the fabled Golden Patch?
**** no, I'll have my eyes tightly closed. I saw what it did to those *****.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#5 Jun 01 2011 at 10:16 PM Rating: Excellent
I just hope the Golden Patch is nothing like Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, because that movie sucked!
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#6 Jun 01 2011 at 11:00 PM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
Can you link to where it says before the start of summer? I was under the impression that it was before the end of summer.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#7 Jun 01 2011 at 11:03 PM Rating: Excellent
It's not just one link... read through the three-page thread in the thread index, it's on the same top-level page as this thread... at first people assumed that he must be referring to "sometime this summer" or "by the end of summer" (myself included), but upon further review, people with translation skills agreed the wording indicated "at the start of summer" or "before summer."
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#8 Jun 01 2011 at 11:20 PM Rating: Excellent
*
206 posts
Thayos wrote:
It's not just one link... read through the three-page thread in the thread index, it's on the same top-level page as this thread... at first people assumed that he must be referring to "sometime this summer" or "by the end of summer" (myself included), but upon further review, people with translation skills agreed the wording indicated "at the start of summer" or "before summer."


And then a rep on the official forums came in and cleared it up as until the end of the summer. Even though all versions of the Letter (except for German apparently) said otherwise.
____________________________
#9 Jun 01 2011 at 11:25 PM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
Looks like the translations were a victim of misinterpretation. As much as I would like to have all this content before the beginning of summer, that sounded WAY too unrealistic to be believable.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#10 Jun 01 2011 at 11:42 PM Rating: Excellent
Mistress of Gardening
Avatar
*****
14,661 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Thayos wrote:
After all this time, will we witness the unveiling of the fabled Golden Patch?
**** no, I'll have my eyes tightly closed. I saw what it did to those *****.


Yeah I just had to rate that up.
#11 Jun 01 2011 at 11:55 PM Rating: Decent
*
206 posts
UltKnightGrover wrote:
Looks like the translations were a victim of misinterpretation. As much as I would like to have all this content before the beginning of summer, that sounded WAY too unrealistic to be believable.


Unrealistic given SE's track record, yes.

Not at all unrealistic, though, in the sense that 8 months has yielded us 350MB worth of patching, and they SHOULD have a ton of stuff stockpiled that they could release mid-June.
____________________________
#12 Jun 01 2011 at 11:58 PM Rating: Excellent
Nice catch on the community's rep's clarification! I inserted that into the editorial and fixed that paragraph to reflect the "until the end of summer" timeline.
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#13 Jun 02 2011 at 12:02 AM Rating: Excellent
Makes me want to play Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past. Beware! The Golden Realm has been tainted by Gannon!
____________________________
Die! Die die die. die die die die, die die. - Scarlet Briar
#14 Jun 02 2011 at 12:28 AM Rating: Good
they either do or don't

at this point i think alot of people are running out of hope.

after E3 and coming christmas alot of new games will be competing for our time.

ftp mmos and of course the biggies SWTOR guild wars 2 are just around the corner.

SE better pick up the pace soon or this will ultimately become niche MMO.

personally i hope they do but at this point i've been too disappointed to have much hope left.

theres alot of ppl out there like me who've stuck it out this long. but everything has a finate limit.

here hoping the next patch 1.18 is the promised golden patch.



____________________________
#15 Jun 02 2011 at 12:34 AM Rating: Excellent
Hark, the Golden Patch!

Now more RIFT or WoW for me.

Oh no, bell commands!
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#16 Jun 02 2011 at 1:02 AM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
Now your edit throws off the article. In one sentence you say that a community rep says this could all be implemented before the end of summer, and the next you build up hope saying that all of this can come in the mid-June patch. (Which it won't, if the community representative is correct.)
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#17 Jun 02 2011 at 1:10 AM Rating: Default
**
621 posts
I prophetized the coming of the golden patch!

http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=1286302197201982250&page=1&howmany=100#msg1286311162126903416
____________________________
Kweh?!

...prophesizing the golden patch since october 2010.
#18 Jun 02 2011 at 1:44 AM Rating: Excellent
It probably won't all come at the same time, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the bulk of the changes implemented very close together, leaving time for wrinkles to be ironed out. Plus, we still don't know which changes will be implemented when... there could still be enough huge changes implemented in June to be worthy of the "Golden Patch" title, or maybe the Golden Patch will be more of a figurative title bestowed upon the closely knit summer updates.

It's more of a state of mind, really... like a vision, or a legend...

Quote:
when the golden patch arrives everybody will change all of their minds and be happy.


Holy crap, InsaneKangaroo! /bow

Edited, Jun 2nd 2011 12:45am by Thayos
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#19 Jun 02 2011 at 5:21 AM Rating: Decent
**
952 posts
While most of the changes won't come "until the end of summer" I really do hope they get rid of that god awful surplus and implement new forms of transportation come the mid-June patch.

Here's hoping for chocobos.
#20 Jun 02 2011 at 5:30 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
560 posts
I'm ready for a golden patch please.
____________________________


#21 Jun 02 2011 at 5:31 AM Rating: Decent
*
101 posts
There's no golden patch cause theres no fast and easy way to fix the *********** of an engine/server software the game runs on. Which is the reason as to why we haven't gotten many features we've been hoping for.
____________________________
booh
#22Hugus, Posted: Jun 02 2011 at 5:38 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) And still you roam the wilderness which is a game/forum which you have no interest in.
#23 Jun 02 2011 at 5:51 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Quote:

Just think. In two weeks from now, there’s a chance you may be able to join a party in Ul’dah, hop on a mount (let’s hope mounts in this game are covered with feathers and “kweh” frequently) and ride to an experience points camp anywhere on the map.


Wake up.

Quote:
That said, the new development team led by Yoshi-P has done nothing to betray our trust. They’ve done everything they said they would.


Didn't they promise us two patches worth that expression a month? Would you call May's 1.17b a "patch"?

Quote:
Although the launch of Final Fantasy XIV turned out to be a colossal letdown, this development team has given me no reason to be pessimistic about the game’s future.


Maybe we have different standards, but in all those months the *new* development team has allegedly already been working on game-changing things, I still miss, well, most of the "basics" every other modern MMORPG nowadays provides at launch...?

Am I really on my own with this impression?
Of course, if the upcoming stuff is just half as good as it sounds, I'll gladly be back.

But they also promised us airships, player-run companies, group-synthing wedding cakes and rocket launchers, battleships and manymanymany other things a long time ago. And players cried for yellow chicken for more than half.a.year (!) now. How hard can it be to get those standing around in LLs basement running?

Edited, Jun 2nd 2011 8:07am by Rinsui
#24 Jun 02 2011 at 6:19 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
569 posts
Unsure were this was dug up from, but it does not look legitimate. I am fairly convinced that there is a lot of misinterpretation here from original, tho not sure if there is an original and were this info has been acquired from. Am solid in discounting this info till it comes from SE or till there's evidence of this info's integrity.
____________________________
99th paper cut, and the grain of salt.
#25 Jun 02 2011 at 6:53 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
TwiddleDee wrote:
Unsure were this was dug up from, but it does not look legitimate. I am fairly convinced that there is a lot of misinterpretation here from original, tho not sure if there is an original and were this info has been acquired from. Am solid in discounting this info till it comes from SE or till there's evidence of this info's integrity.


This is information/Blog/article by a ZAM admin, not from SE.
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#26 Jun 02 2011 at 6:58 AM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
I know. :P

Rinsui wrote:
Didn't they promise us two patches worth that expression a month? Would you call May's 1.17b a "patch"?
Hey, you had to download the previous 8 patches to get it. That's something!

Edited, Jun 2nd 2011 8:02am by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#27 Jun 02 2011 at 7:05 AM Rating: Decent
****
6,898 posts
TwiddleDee wrote:
Unsure were this was dug up from, but it does not look legitimate. I am fairly convinced that there is a lot of misinterpretation here from original, tho not sure if there is an original and were this info has been acquired from. Am solid in discounting this info till it comes from SE or till there's evidence of this info's integrity.


What info? The Letter from the Producer info? Or the battle adjustments info? Exactly what is it that doesn't look legitimate to you?
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#28 Jun 02 2011 at 7:39 AM Rating: Good
*
101 posts
Hugus wrote:
Kayako wrote:
There's no golden patch cause theres no fast and easy way to fix the cluster@#%^ of an engine/server software the game runs on. Which is the reason as to why we haven't gotten many features we've been hoping for.


And still you roam the wilderness which is a game/forum which you have no interest in.


1. I still play the game cheers for the assumption.

2. You really believe all the changes will come in one golden patch? It's like this every patch: "Next patch is going to be golden patch and will completely change the game!" What a naive attitude. You think the dev team has unlimited resources and can fix everything at once and implement it all without any issues at all?
____________________________
booh
#29 Jun 02 2011 at 7:46 AM Rating: Decent
****
6,898 posts
Kayako wrote:
Hugus wrote:
Kayako wrote:
There's no golden patch cause theres no fast and easy way to fix the cluster@#%^ of an engine/server software the game runs on. Which is the reason as to why we haven't gotten many features we've been hoping for.


And still you roam the wilderness which is a game/forum which you have no interest in.


1. I still play the game cheers for the assumption.

2. You really believe all the changes will come in one golden patch? It's like this every patch: "Next patch is going to be golden patch and will completely change the game!" What a naive attitude. You think the dev team has unlimited resources and can fix everything at once and implement it all without any issues at all?


How does 5+ months since the new dev team took over equate to "at once"? As another poster pointed out, we've gotten 350MB of stuff in 5 months from them, so it's pretty safe to assume there will be a fair amount of content released in the June patch. I don't necessarily think it will be THE Golden Patch, but it certainly could end up being seen as the turning point for FFXIV. Only time will tell, and your pessimistic attitude certainly isn't helping anything.
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#30 Jun 02 2011 at 7:59 AM Rating: Good
*
101 posts
BartelX wrote:
Kayako wrote:
Hugus wrote:
Kayako wrote:
There's no golden patch cause theres no fast and easy way to fix the cluster@#%^ of an engine/server software the game runs on. Which is the reason as to why we haven't gotten many features we've been hoping for.


And still you roam the wilderness which is a game/forum which you have no interest in.


1. I still play the game cheers for the assumption.

2. You really believe all the changes will come in one golden patch? It's like this every patch: "Next patch is going to be golden patch and will completely change the game!" What a naive attitude. You think the dev team has unlimited resources and can fix everything at once and implement it all without any issues at all?


How does 5+ months since the new dev team took over equate to "at once"? As another poster pointed out, we've gotten 350MB of stuff in 5 months from them, so it's pretty safe to assume there will be a fair amount of content released in the June patch. I don't necessarily think it will be THE Golden Patch, but it certainly could end up being seen as the turning point for FFXIV. Only time will tell, and your pessimistic attitude certainly isn't helping anything.


The simple fact is that they still are building upon server code that can't handle anything more than its currently being put under stress for. Besaid is one of the smaller servers in FFXIV and still the ul'dah wards come crashing down often cause the area server can't handle the stress from all the calls. I can only imagine what a delivery system would do with the servers in the current state.
____________________________
booh
#31 Jun 02 2011 at 8:01 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
Kayako wrote:
Hugus wrote:
Kayako wrote:
There's no golden patch cause theres no fast and easy way to fix the cluster@#%^ of an engine/server software the game runs on. Which is the reason as to why we haven't gotten many features we've been hoping for.


And still you roam the wilderness which is a game/forum which you have no interest in.


1. I still play the game cheers for the assumption.


Cheers for confirming the assumption.

What I don't understand is why people who apparently have no enjoyment playing the game are still around, give it a break, play something else and then come back when <insert here specific want> is implemented.

If you don't enjoy the game you will only get "burned" quicker. If you hope to enjoy the game in the future then try and play it in the future.

____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#32 Jun 02 2011 at 8:05 AM Rating: Good
*
101 posts
Hugus wrote:
Kayako wrote:
Hugus wrote:
Kayako wrote:
There's no golden patch cause theres no fast and easy way to fix the cluster@#%^ of an engine/server software the game runs on. Which is the reason as to why we haven't gotten many features we've been hoping for.


And still you roam the wilderness which is a game/forum which you have no interest in.


1. I still play the game cheers for the assumption.


Cheers for confirming the assumption.

What I don't understand is why people who apparently have no enjoyment playing the game are still around, give it a break, play something else and then come back when <insert here specific want> is implemented.

If you don't enjoy the game you will only get "burned" quicker. If you hope to enjoy the game in the future then try and play it in the future.



Since I have criticism for certain points of the game and it's management I surely cannot enjoy other parts of the game?
____________________________
booh
#33 Jun 02 2011 at 8:11 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
175 posts
Nice read! Altar is spelled Altar, not Alter, btw.
____________________________
BST90/BLM90/RDM75/WHM80/BRD75/NIN75/SMN75/THF75/WAR75; Goldsmithing 93; Fishing 100; Ebisu Rod.
#34 Jun 02 2011 at 8:32 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
Kayako wrote:
Hugus wrote:
Kayako wrote:
Hugus wrote:
Kayako wrote:
There's no golden patch cause theres no fast and easy way to fix the cluster@#%^ of an engine/server software the game runs on. Which is the reason as to why we haven't gotten many features we've been hoping for.


And still you roam the wilderness which is a game/forum which you have no interest in.


1. I still play the game cheers for the assumption.


Cheers for confirming the assumption.

What I don't understand is why people who apparently have no enjoyment playing the game are still around, give it a break, play something else and then come back when <insert here specific want> is implemented.

If you don't enjoy the game you will only get "burned" quicker. If you hope to enjoy the game in the future then try and play it in the future.



Since I have criticism for certain points of the game and it's management I surely cannot enjoy other parts of the game?


Quote:
There's no golden patch cause theres no fast and easy way to fix the cluster@#%^ of an engine/server software the game runs on.


The use of swearing leads me to believe that your point of view in this is just representative of your approach to the game but you can also let me know which positive point of the game that you enjoy are not linked to engine/server sofware.

http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=130448421122593387&page=2&howmany=50#msg1304930156268055508

Kayako wrote:

Here is what 1.18 will bring: A couple of lackluster combat changes that will have everyone but the most rabid fans go "meh". A very shallow company system that will disappoint everyone and a couple of the current dungeons will be redone to instances with no new models or story or anything and they will be too easy just like all content in FFXIV till now meaning people will get bored after a week or two. If we've learned anything from FFXIV it's that they rehash and copy-paste at every corner.

Ergo 1.18 is just a band-aid on a game that needs some pretty radical changes if it is ever to hope to keep enough players when it goes p2p. You better start praying several new MMO's are coming out and TERA is about to start beta in Japan which has been SE's monopoly as far as pay MMO goes so far.


This approach to the game just reinforces my view of you as a player, if you are so disapoointed with the game and have no trust/hope for it then why are you still around?
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#35 Jun 02 2011 at 8:35 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
1,675 posts
I'll split the middle and say that SE will put out a succession of very good medium size patches. lol.

Seriously, it seems that this would be the way to go. An auto-attack patch, a materia patch, a advanced classes patch. Along with other fixes and tweaks.

Unless they are working on the "big" stuff behind the scenes and are releasing crap patches in the meantime I don't know if one big 'golden patch' would help things.

In the end it doesn't matter to me because I've distanced myself from the game and I'm waiting until all of the patches (golden or not) have been implemented and reviewed until I make a decision.

#36 Jun 02 2011 at 9:02 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
If any patch will be a golden Patch that would be the combat mechanics one. SE has stated multiple times that they have a number of things which they are looking into but not actually developing because they would be dependent on how the actual fights work, specially new content which is dependant on characters fighting.

we can only hope that by sorting the fighting system this will open the flood gates and enable them to keep producing aditions to the game.
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#37 Jun 02 2011 at 9:10 AM Rating: Good
*
101 posts
The post you choose to link says nothing different than my post in this thread Hugus. FFXIV is a game that needs renovations in server and game code so they can add all the features we all want in this game and they are actually pressed for time to make these changes as many competitors are on the horizon including their new MMO.

And yes psychoanalyzing me and my interest in this game over a couple of posts on ZAM does not in any way make you look smarter.
____________________________
booh
#38 Jun 02 2011 at 10:43 AM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
Quote:
And yes psychoanalyzing me and my interest in this game over a couple of posts on ZAM does not in any way make you look smarter.


But it certainly does make him look fly to all the ladies!
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#39 Jun 02 2011 at 10:50 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
No. It just makes him look like a lady.
#40 Jun 02 2011 at 10:53 AM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
Is it time to break out some classic Aerosmith!?
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#41 Jun 02 2011 at 11:32 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
351 posts
BartelX wrote:
Is it time to break out some classic Aerosmith!?


Love in an el-la-vay-tah~
Livin' it up when I'm goin' down
Love in an el-la-vay-tah~
Lovin' it up till I hit the ground

♪ ヘ(^o^ヘ)(ノ^o^)ノ ♪
#42 Jun 02 2011 at 12:51 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
569 posts
BartelX wrote:

What info? The Letter from the Producer info? Or the battle adjustments info? Exactly what is it that doesn't look legitimate to you?


Ya your right, seems i miss interpreted this one. I withdraw my previous statement.
____________________________
99th paper cut, and the grain of salt.
#43 Jun 02 2011 at 7:31 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
Can we rename "The Golden Patch" to something else...the name just resembles golden shower to me...and I'm tired of being ****** on by the crappy patches...so...can't we just call it "The Miracle Patch"?
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#44 Jun 03 2011 at 2:01 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
Kayako wrote:
The post you choose to link says nothing different than my post in this thread Hugus. FFXIV is a game that needs renovations in server and game code so they can add all the features we all want in this game and they are actually pressed for time to make these changes as many competitors are on the horizon including their new MMO.


That is exactly my point, I can't understand how someone who is so angry/anoyed/desilusioned about the game is still playing it, why torture yourself with it if you dont feel that it is or will be a good game.

Edited, Jun 3rd 2011 8:01am by Hugus
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#45 Jun 03 2011 at 2:24 AM Rating: Decent
*
101 posts
Hugus wrote:
Kayako wrote:
The post you choose to link says nothing different than my post in this thread Hugus. FFXIV is a game that needs renovations in server and game code so they can add all the features we all want in this game and they are actually pressed for time to make these changes as many competitors are on the horizon including their new MMO.


That is exactly my point, I can't understand how someone who is so angry/anoyed/desilusioned about the game is still playing it, why torture yourself with it if you dont feel that it is or will be a good game.

Edited, Jun 3rd 2011 8:01am by Hugus


Who says I'm either angry or annoyed or disillusioned? Other than you based on some posts on a internet forum. I believe I told you last post that you look like an idiot when you try to project emotions on to other people on the internet. Now stop trying to derail the thread with your silly crusade against me.

I will not reply to you again on the subject of whatever feelings you may think I have on this game.
____________________________
booh
#46 Jun 03 2011 at 2:36 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
Yeap, someone that has 99% of their thread criticizing and ridiculing current and future possiblilties of the games is definatly happy about it!!!!

This is not a crusade btw, I just can't figure out why people keep playing a game they can only say bad things about.
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#47 Jun 03 2011 at 2:41 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
**
464 posts
Kayako wrote:
Hugus wrote:
Kayako wrote:
The post you choose to link says nothing different than my post in this thread Hugus. FFXIV is a game that needs renovations in server and game code so they can add all the features we all want in this game and they are actually pressed for time to make these changes as many competitors are on the horizon including their new MMO.


That is exactly my point, I can't understand how someone who is so angry/anoyed/desilusioned about the game is still playing it, why torture yourself with it if you dont feel that it is or will be a good game.

Edited, Jun 3rd 2011 8:01am by Hugus


Who says I'm either angry or annoyed or disillusioned? Other than you based on some posts on a internet forum. I believe I told you last post that you look like an idiot when you try to project emotions on to other people on the internet. Now stop trying to derail the thread with your silly crusade against me.

I will not reply to you again on the subject of whatever feelings you may think I have on this game.
I usually stay away from personal battles, but you two have been going at it for awhile now. I have to say, that I can't help but agree with Hugus. Every post that I see you make has been your point of view on how horrible this game is, regardless of the emotions that you project to this forum about FFXIV (and yes, it is quite easy to read someone's emotions on a forum if they are sarcastic, ignorant, bullheaded, upset, etc)...
____________________________
Bleam FFXI (Retired) 75MNK/SAM/NIN/SMN/THF  
Bleam WoW (Retired) 80 Druid 
Golf WoW (Retired) 80 Death Knight 
Tewksberry WoW (Retired) 80 Hunter 
Rahana WoW (Retired) 80 Priest


TwiddleDee wrote:
Purchase and instal a bigger hard drive, at the moment my PS3 has 500GB memory which is plenty.
#48 Jun 03 2011 at 3:49 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
87 posts
If we don't put faith in this patch then quite a bunch of us may just as well just stop playing and wait for SE's new MMO, right?

The way I see it SE has only been able to make some small adjustments. The patch we are facing is a huge step towards the direction they would like the game to go to. A new battle system that should make the game more fun and more things that give the game more content, content that can serve for even further improvements.

I am certainly not a white knight. Unfortunately I happen to be very sceptical about many things, but I think that in this case only the people who really enjoy the game as it is now have reason to fear this patch. And if you do dislike it now and you're absolutely sure that it's going to suck differently but just as hard after this patch...then... just post "I do not have faith in this so I quit!", uninstall that game and wait for SE's next MMO, or pick put something else.

Bashing something based on something you haven't seen yet and cannot prevent anyway is plain ridiculous. Some sportsfans show similar behavior. They just go watch the game of their favorite team so they can call them any name you can imagine, each and every time.

Fine line between love and hate... my ***! It's a mental defect.
#49 Jun 03 2011 at 4:03 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,146 posts
Kayako wrote:
There's no golden patch cause theres no fast and easy way to fix the cluster@#%^ of an engine/server software the game runs on. Which is the reason as to why we haven't gotten many features we've been hoping for.

While I don't know anything besides what the devs and Yoshida said about their engine and their server setup, I think this is a valid point.
If other MMOs can deliver updates/patches with quite an ammount of changes and content pretty frequently, why can't they do in FFXIV. I'm sure it's not because they aren't working hard enough on creating all the stuff we want.
They can just work with what they have, and if the engine or servers can't handle what the devs want to do, they either have to modify the engine/servers or whatever they want to implement.

What other reason could there be for not implementing a mail system by now? The explanation of player communication is just an excuse. There is a mail system in FFXI and the community is more communicative than FFXIV's.

I, too, don't think this will be a "golden patch" that fixes everything, but I'm sure it will breath new life into the game.

My biggest worries are the dungeons and the new job system.
If the dungeons are too easy or loaded with obviously copy/pasted terrain and don't give you a feeling of accomplishment and adventure this would be pretty bad and drive alot of players away.
Same with the job system.
If a job really has the same rank as your corresponding class it's not more than a version of that class with a limited selection of your standard skills and a couple of exclusive skills. Let's hope the quest for these skills are at least as good as the class quests.

Sigh...
My hopes for this patch are high and I'm sure all players expect some big and positive changes.
Let's just hope it will come close to that legendary, shiny "golden patch".
____________________________

Final Fantasy XI
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Name: Kyana (retired)
Jobs: THF75 PLD70 BST70

#50 Jun 03 2011 at 4:16 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
626 posts
Quote:
While I don't know anything besides what the devs and Yoshida said about their engine and their server setup, I think this is a valid point.
If other MMOs can deliver updates/patches with quite an ammount of changes and content pretty frequently...


dont even bother asking, the majority of responses will just be "well the graphics are 100% unmatched top notched for an MMO, duh thats why, dont question the infallible majesty that is the uber graphicness of FFXIV"

i personally am with the impression that they just dont have the manpower to fix the crappy video game engine they use.
not crappy, just not perfected for its uses you say? well right now its crappy and even on my 1080 super moniter that i shoveled money out for, much of the detail is still lost due to it not mattering.


Edited, Jun 3rd 2011 6:16am by pixelpop
____________________________

#51 Jun 03 2011 at 6:43 AM Rating: Good
***
1,606 posts
BartelX wrote:
Quote:
And yes psychoanalyzing me and my interest in this game over a couple of posts on ZAM does not in any way make you look smarter.


But it certainly does make him look fly to all the ladies!

Pretty fly (for a white guy)

Edited, Jun 3rd 2011 8:44am by MrTalos
« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)