Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Brand of XXXFollow

#1 Jun 08 2011 at 7:38 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
237 posts
Are these worth getting, and how, exactly, do they work? Are they best used reactively? i.e. when an element goes unstable.

Thanks.
____________________________




#2 Jun 08 2011 at 7:55 AM Rating: Decent
29 posts
Yes, how ever as they are specific to an element you would need multiple. Having said that i would strongly recommend them if Thm is your main class. else i would recommend just using the a general weapon for inventory sake. My Thm is 48 and it's one of multiple classes i am working on on top of crafting and as such inventory tends to run out fast thus i have no room to lunge 3-5 brands.
#3 Jun 08 2011 at 8:02 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
176 posts
TonberyHunter wrote:
Yes, how ever as they are specific to an element you would need multiple. Having said that i would strongly recommend them if Thm is your main class. else i would recommend just using the a general weapon for inventory sake. My Thm is 48 and it's one of multiple classes i am working on on top of crafting and as such inventory tends to run out fast thus i have no room to lunge 3-5 brands.

He's talking about the crafting abilities that you get by exchanging Guild Marks.
Apparently you can use them to reduce instability pro or reactively, but you'd have to guess the elements you'd need beforehand. Pretty much useless when you have Elemental Appeal, Hand of the Gods, or similar skills.
____________________________

TERA looks tasty...
#4 Jun 08 2011 at 8:03 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
I think the previous poster completelly missed the issue.

I'm assuming you are speaking of the Godsent abilities in DoHs.

These are really not worth it, only buy them once you get to 30+ and have already bought everything else with maybe the exception of the ????? Eluder.
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#5 Jun 08 2011 at 9:42 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
116 posts
It would appear I have also misunderstood you, I thought this was pornography related.

Sorry I can't be of any help. **** on the other hand....

#6 Jun 08 2011 at 10:31 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
812 posts
Hehe, I just picked up the Lightning Brand +1, Wind Brand +1, and Fire Brand +1. I also increased my stats to about 103 in each (120 for lightning) and made corresponding gear and spell swap macros. Those 3 elements correspond to astral magic, Ive been told. So far the results seem worth it.
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#7 Jun 08 2011 at 10:35 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
560 posts
This thread is about the crafting skills Brand of(fill in the element) and not the thaurmaturge weapons : P

Edited, Jun 8th 2011 12:35pm by tpgsoldier
____________________________


#8 Jun 08 2011 at 10:40 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
812 posts
lol my bad
____________________________
Abaddon Active Player Roster
- All your Fabul Sever are belong to us! -


#9 Jun 08 2011 at 12:00 PM Rating: Default
29 posts
My bad sorry, thought it was THM weapon related. Please be more specific and detailed in your questions next time.
Back to OP: not a clue, i got the books that is all
#10 Jun 08 2011 at 1:01 PM Rating: Excellent
*
206 posts
TonberyHunter wrote:
My bad sorry, thought it was THM weapon related. Please be more specific and detailed in your questions next time.
Back to OP: not a clue, i got the books that is all


lmao "...when an element goes unstable..." wasn't enough for you?

Also considering that THM Brands are called "Ice Brand, Fire Brand, etc" and not "Brand of Fire..."

Yeah.

Answer a question completely wrong and off topic = "well... you asked the question poorly!"
____________________________
#11 Jun 08 2011 at 2:24 PM Rating: Default
29 posts
LateReg wrote:
lmao "...when an element goes unstable..." wasn't enough for you?


Apparently not if half the people that replied did not get it.

LateReg wrote:
Also considering that THM Brands are called "Ice Brand, Fire Brand, etc" and not "Brand of Fire..."
Yeah.


Brand is brand, unless specified more clearly, there is the chance of a mistake, no one is perfect, you included.

LateReg wrote:
Answer a question completely wrong and off topic = "well... you asked the question poorly!"


Quite right, the quality of answer one will get highly depends on the quality of question asked.
#12 Jun 08 2011 at 2:34 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
TonberyHunter wrote:

Quite right, the quality of answer one will get highly depends on the quality of question asked.


OP asked a simple question. you glossed over the specifics and attached yourself to the first thing you could relate to. it's not his problem that you jumped the gun. and only one other person did that, not "half the people". its so much easier to just own up to mistakes, especially when they are as trivial as something like this.

the added benefit of owning up is that, unlike blindly defending your misguided actions, people respect you for it.

but apparently you'd rather waste energy convincing strangers that you were the victim. gl.
____________________________
monk
dragoon

#13 Jun 08 2011 at 6:19 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
569 posts
Llester wrote:

but apparently you'd rather waste energy convincing strangers that you were the victim. gl.


I don't think he's shooting for that. More along the lines of if you need a question answered quickly and with out causing to much commotion be more blunt.
____________________________
99th paper cut, and the grain of salt.
#14 Jun 08 2011 at 8:10 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
question was pretty clear to me. and i've never even heard of any Brands of anything in this game. context clues, people.

if anything, its the topic that was misleading. i thought this was gonna be a sweet bdsm **** thread.
____________________________
monk
dragoon

#15 Jun 09 2011 at 12:18 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
237 posts
Lol!!!!
____________________________




#16 Jun 09 2011 at 7:10 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
23 posts
Lol.
____________________________

#17 Jun 09 2011 at 8:00 AM Rating: Decent
29 posts
Llester wrote:

OP asked a simple question. you glossed over the specifics and attached yourself to the first thing you could relate to. it's not his problem that you jumped the gun. and only one other person did that, not "half the people". its so much easier to just own up to mistakes, especially when they are as trivial as something like this.

the added benefit of owning up is that, unlike blindly defending your misguided actions, people respect you for it.

but apparently you'd rather waste energy convincing strangers that you were the victim. gl.


Well here be the problem with this here statement.
1: I clearly apologized for making a mistake, and misunderstanding
2: Only gave a little positive advice, for the OP benefit, not to criticize
3: I answered the question once i had my bearings and knew what info he was looking for.
4: Victim of what? refer to statement 1.
5: I don't much care about strangers? Yet alone "waste energy convincing" them of something.
#18 Jun 09 2011 at 8:33 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,523 posts
TonberyHunter wrote:
Llester wrote:

OP asked a simple question. you glossed over the specifics and attached yourself to the first thing you could relate to. it's not his problem that you jumped the gun. and only one other person did that, not "half the people". its so much easier to just own up to mistakes, especially when they are as trivial as something like this.

the added benefit of owning up is that, unlike blindly defending your misguided actions, people respect you for it.

but apparently you'd rather waste energy convincing strangers that you were the victim. gl.


Well here be the problem with this here statement.
1: I clearly apologized for making a mistake, and misunderstanding
2: Only gave a little positive advice, for the OP benefit, not to criticize
3: I answered the question once i had my bearings and knew what info he was looking for.
4: Victim of what? refer to statement 1.
5: I don't much care about strangers? Yet alone "waste energy convincing" them of something.


Wow you put a lot of effort in this post, but the people you're trying to convince will never listen.
____________________________
____(>°°)D_->__(O°°)>-_<(;,,;)>_C-(°°Q)__O~~_t(°°<)_(;o0)___<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_____

#19 Jun 09 2011 at 1:31 PM Rating: Decent
*
200 posts
one can assume its **** related, as My girlfriend is an unstable element. Really unstable....
____________________________


#20 Jun 09 2011 at 1:34 PM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
I also assumed this thread was going to give me pointers on the best type of adult films :)
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 20 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (20)