Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

1.17c Patch notesFollow

#1 Jun 15 2011 at 3:46 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
437 posts
[patch1.17c] Patch 1.17c Notes
Fixed Bugs
Measures have been implemented to address the recurring server failure issue occurring in market areas.
Measures have been implemented to address the issue wherein viewing the linkshell member list may cause the client to crash.
The following bugs have been addressed:
A bug wherein the enemies "Prince of Pestilence" and "Unknown Soldier" may neither be seen nor targeted despite appearing on the minimap.
A bug wherein the location of one's retainer may change following server failure.
A bug wherein the journal entry may not be updated for the quest "A Piece of History."

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/13617
____________________________

Metin - Phoenix - BLM75 WHM48 Retired

http://cojenova.enjin.com/ff14forum

#2 Jun 15 2011 at 3:47 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
437 posts
woot no fishing nerf
____________________________

Metin - Phoenix - BLM75 WHM48 Retired

http://cojenova.enjin.com/ff14forum

#3 Jun 15 2011 at 4:06 PM Rating: Good
*
174 posts
It's like that scene from Fawlty Towers - Don't mention the War!!!! (i'm hoping you get that as you are from Blighty too.....ps why the sad face though :( )

Sssssssh with the fishing!!!

There's nothing to see here SE, move along.......move along

Edited, Jun 15th 2011 6:07pm by MisterGaribaldi
____________________________


#4 Jun 15 2011 at 4:27 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
626 posts
MisterGaribaldi wrote:
It's like that scene from Fawlty Towers - Don't mention the War!!!! (i'm hoping you get that as you are from Blighty too.....ps why the sad face though :( )

Sssssssh with the fishing!!!

There's nothing to see here SE, move along.......move along

Edited, Jun 15th 2011 6:07pm by MisterGaribaldi

SE already said they are going to nerf fishing........
____________________________

#5 Jun 15 2011 at 4:36 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
235 posts
I don't really understand why grade 5 is highest node for any gathering class. Instead of lowering fishing shouldn't they raise the other 2 up? I mean, gathering is slow enough as it is. Even using GA on the leves give really bad exp once you get to the low-mid 40s, and you can't link up and get 700-1000 a pop the way battle classes can. At R43 fishing, I am getting around 240sp/fish at grade 6... which is good. but what will that SP be at once I'm 45+? Will I have to grind my last few levels getting only 100 or less SP a fish? It's bad enough we have to get stuck with gathering fatigue which I seem to see every time I try to gather now even if I haven't done it much.
____________________________


#6 Jun 15 2011 at 4:37 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
787 posts
Meh. Even with using uTorrnet, I'm getting super slow transfer rates. Ranging anywhere from 9kB/s to 325kB/s. They really need to update their patching system already.
#7 Jun 15 2011 at 4:46 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
What's the patch size?
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#8 Jun 15 2011 at 4:51 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
787 posts
328MB total. My connection speed lets me download at 2.3 MB/s. I'm going to leave my uTorrent running to participate with the download process.

Edited, Jun 15th 2011 6:53pm by rubina
#9 Jun 15 2011 at 4:53 PM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
rubina wrote:
328MB total.
Heh, SE hasn't learned yet.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#10 Jun 15 2011 at 4:55 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
787 posts
bsphil wrote:
rubina wrote:
328MB total.
Heh, SE hasn't learned yet.


I don't want to defend the patch size, but hopefully they're preparing the clients for the next big patch?
#11 Jun 15 2011 at 5:03 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
rubina wrote:
bsphil wrote:
rubina wrote:
328MB total.
Heh, SE hasn't learned yet.
I don't want to defend the patch size, but hopefully they're preparing the clients for the next big patch?
Nope, they just added a couple MB onto the previous patch and made everyone redownload the entire thing. That's how the last 8 or 9 patches have worked. 1.17c includes 1.17b, 1.17a, 1.17, 1.16, etc., even if you are on 1.17b when you start updating.



Edited, Jun 15th 2011 6:03pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#12 Jun 15 2011 at 5:19 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
787 posts
bsphil wrote:
rubina wrote:
bsphil wrote:
rubina wrote:
328MB total.
Heh, SE hasn't learned yet.
I don't want to defend the patch size, but hopefully they're preparing the clients for the next big patch?
Nope, they just added a couple MB onto the previous patch and made everyone redownload the entire thing. That's how the last 8 or 9 patches have worked. 1.17c includes 1.17b, 1.17a, 1.17, 1.16, etc., even if you are on 1.17b when you start updating.
Edited, Jun 15th 2011 6:03pm by bsphil


Back in the Anarchy Online days, the patching was far worse. If they were in charge of patching the numbers above and you're a new customer or you missed a bunch of patches, they would require you to download & patch all of the mentioned above in sequential order. /sad
#13 Jun 15 2011 at 6:02 PM Rating: Decent
10 posts
my download is stuck at 1.2% and isnt even moving :(
#15 Jun 15 2011 at 6:06 PM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
rubina wrote:
bsphil wrote:
rubina wrote:
bsphil wrote:
rubina wrote:
328MB total.
Heh, SE hasn't learned yet.
I don't want to defend the patch size, but hopefully they're preparing the clients for the next big patch?
Nope, they just added a couple MB onto the previous patch and made everyone redownload the entire thing. That's how the last 8 or 9 patches have worked. 1.17c includes 1.17b, 1.17a, 1.17, 1.16, etc., even if you are on 1.17b when you start updating.
Back in the Anarchy Online days, the patching was far worse. If they were in charge of patching the numbers above and you're a new customer or you missed a bunch of patches, they would require you to download & patch all of the mentioned above in sequential order. /sad
The patching was far worse in FFXI days, for what it's worth. Downloading every individual dat file one at a time? ¬_¬

Timomcaa wrote:
my download is stuck at 1.2% and isnt even moving :( can anybody help with this ?
In b4 "open your ports".




Edited, Jun 15th 2011 7:08pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#16 Jun 15 2011 at 6:09 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
240 posts
Timomcaa wrote:
my download is stuck at 1.2% and isnt even moving :( can anybody help with this ?

Restart it. If that doesn't work, wait until tomorrow when it's less congested.
#17 Jun 15 2011 at 6:11 PM Rating: Decent
10 posts
ok thank you ^^
#18 Jun 15 2011 at 7:37 PM Rating: Excellent
Wow, looks like they may have just taken a huge step toward stabilizing the market wards! If this fix does the trick, then this is actually a pretty sweet update, addressing one of the major complaints of the game. Will be interesting to hear if people still have problems.
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#19 Jun 15 2011 at 7:44 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
81 posts
47% downloaded. Not sure how I made that much progress? What's with this download?
I can't imagine what code they're using to cause this.
____________________________
DRG 99/ BLU 60/ DRK 60/ SMN 57/ SAM 50/ WAR 30
#20 Jun 15 2011 at 8:10 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,173 posts
If the game survives that long, anybody looking forward to 1.5GB downloads for patch 1.25c or so next year?

____________________________
Valion, San d'Oria - Retired
Odin Server
SAM90/PLD90/COR90/BLU90/RDM90/SCH90

Valion Chevalier, Limsa Lominsa
Hyperion Server
50 All Classes

"Please, I have had too much of the stupid today. Please wait until tomorrow to say these things so my tolerance has refreshed."
-New Gold Dreams (another short-lived webcomic)
#21 Jun 15 2011 at 8:13 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
176 posts
Thayos wrote:
Wow, looks like they may have just taken a huge step toward stabilizing the market wards! If this fix does the trick, then this is actually a pretty sweet update, addressing one of the major complaints of the game. Will be interesting to hear if people still have problems.

Which means even less chance you'll be able to summon your server into the wards if for some reason it isn't already in there.
____________________________

TERA looks tasty...
#22 Jun 15 2011 at 8:27 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Yunchang wrote:
If the game survives that long, anybody looking forward to 1.5GB downloads for patch 1.25c or so next year?
Well, they'll stop reset eventually, there's just no indication of when that'll happen.



Edited, Jun 15th 2011 9:30pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#23 Jun 15 2011 at 8:45 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Metin wrote:
Measures have been implemented to address the recurring server failure issue occurring in market areas.


Hey, there's something; I hope it works.
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#24 Jun 15 2011 at 11:53 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
136 posts
Hey even if they don't have the talent at least they're getting stuff done at an acceptable pace.

Reading that over i realize i should of just posted, "I'm satisfied".

Then maybe i should have just posted nothing at all?

I'll leave that up to the reader to deal with.

Edited, Jun 16th 2011 1:55am by KenJammin
#25 Jun 16 2011 at 4:33 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,022 posts
teehee... a "bug" in Prince of Pestilence... XD
____________________________
Main character: AutumEmber
60blm/whm Rank 7 Windurst
Linkshell: SeraphsDarkside
Server: Bismarck
#26 Jun 16 2011 at 5:56 AM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
KenJammin wrote:
Hey even if they don't have the talent at least they're getting stuff done at an acceptable pace.

Reading that over i realize i should of just posted, "I'm satisfied".

Then maybe i should have just posted nothing at all?

I'll leave that up to the reader to deal with.

Edited, Jun 16th 2011 1:55am by KenJammin


Depends what your definition of an acceptable pace is. But, I agree with Thayos, if this actually fixes the wards crashing, that's one pretty major fix for a patch that really wasn't expected to do anything.
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#27 Jun 16 2011 at 1:31 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
588 posts
Autumnfire wrote:
teehee... a "bug" in Prince of Pestilence... XD


lol
____________________________



This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 18 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (18)