Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Leve QuestionFollow

#1 Jun 25 2011 at 6:33 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
23 posts
Does anyone know if you start a leve in a party and abandon it, and leave party if the other person will still be on it?
____________________________

#2 Jun 25 2011 at 6:47 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
464 posts
That's a good question.. I would say try it and see what happens. I would imagine that the other players who are in a group with you would be able to continue the leve and kill the mobs. Is this some sort of PL method you are trying for a friend or something?
____________________________
Bleam FFXI (Retired) 75MNK/SAM/NIN/SMN/THF  
Bleam WoW (Retired) 80 Druid 
Golf WoW (Retired) 80 Death Knight 
Tewksberry WoW (Retired) 80 Hunter 
Rahana WoW (Retired) 80 Priest


TwiddleDee wrote:
Purchase and instal a bigger hard drive, at the moment my PS3 has 500GB memory which is plenty.
#3 Jun 25 2011 at 6:57 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
23 posts
Kinda, I have a r18 THM, and I wanted to help my friend get his PGL/MRD/GLD up to around that rank. I will report back to let everyone know how it goes.

Edited, Jun 25th 2011 8:57am by Demilia
____________________________

#4 Jun 25 2011 at 7:05 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,523 posts
If you want to help your friend you can indeed start a leve for him and then just leave the party. You don't have to abandon it though. You could just wait at the crystal for him to complete it and then turn it in.
____________________________
____(>°°)D_->__(O°°)>-_<(;,,;)>_C-(°°Q)__O~~_t(°°<)_(;o0)___<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_____

#5 Jun 25 2011 at 7:30 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
23 posts
RedGalka wrote:
If you want to help your friend you can indeed start a leve for him and then just leave the party. You don't have to abandon it though. You could just wait at the crystal for him to complete it and then turn it in.


Well what I was planning to do is set it to 5 stars then heal him out of party so he could get alot of SP. Guess we will find out then.
____________________________

#6 Jun 25 2011 at 7:38 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
523 posts
Tested this the other day.

Yes, you both remain on the leve and if either of you kill something, both players get credit.

The downfall is that you are no longer in the same party and do not get SP for the other persons kills.
#7 Jun 25 2011 at 9:18 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
464 posts
DoctorMog wrote:
Tested this the other day.

Yes, you both remain on the leve and if either of you kill something, both players get credit.

The downfall is that you are no longer in the same party and do not get SP for the other persons kills.
I just did this last night to test it out and it went something like this:

1. Me and a friend grabbed all of the R1 and R10 leves for Ul'dah.
2. Ran out to Black Brush and let him initiate the leve on 5 star. It just so happened that I had the same one so I linked it.
3. Grabbed Guardian Aspect and he dropped party.

I am on my R1 MRD at this time and the mobs were R13. I had Absorb-Acc set so I pulled with that. Easy kills, easy to keep me alive... I went from R1 to R4 on the first kill. Something insane like 2700sp per kill. From that one leve I went from R1-R9 from less than 10 minutes work. The next leve took me from R9-R12 on another one of the R1 leves. I didn't have time to do all of the leves we grabbed before I had to log, but wow...

I can see this being an extremely easy method of ranking up at least to R20 on any DoW/M class. Kudos to OP for thinking outside the box and opening up this door to save some time!
____________________________
Bleam FFXI (Retired) 75MNK/SAM/NIN/SMN/THF  
Bleam WoW (Retired) 80 Druid 
Golf WoW (Retired) 80 Death Knight 
Tewksberry WoW (Retired) 80 Hunter 
Rahana WoW (Retired) 80 Priest


TwiddleDee wrote:
Purchase and instal a bigger hard drive, at the moment my PS3 has 500GB memory which is plenty.
#8 Jun 25 2011 at 9:38 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,530 posts
Bleam wrote:
I went from R1 to R4 on the first kill. Something insane like 2700sp per kill. From that one leve I went from R1-R9 from less than 10 minutes work. The next leve took me from R9-R12 on another one of the R1 leves...

I can see this being an extremely easy method of ranking up...


Bah, between all the crafting bots, the myriad players sitting on tens of millions of gil, and being able to get ~20 ranks in an hour, this game feels like some broken atrophy that I shouldn't even bother sinking effort into. It's like SE never tested this for the long term and the game's already becoming too top-heavy. >_<
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#9 Jun 26 2011 at 1:01 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
23 posts
Quote:

I just did this last night to test it out and it went something like this:

1. Me and a friend grabbed all of the R1 and R10 leves for Ul'dah.
2. Ran out to Black Brush and let him initiate the leve on 5 star. It just so happened that I had the same one so I linked it.
3. Grabbed Guardian Aspect and he dropped party.

I am on my R1 MRD at this time and the mobs were R13. I had Absorb-Acc set so I pulled with that. Easy kills, easy to keep me alive... I went from R1 to R4 on the first kill. Something insane like 2700sp per kill. From that one leve I went from R1-R9 from less than 10 minutes work. The next leve took me from R9-R12 on another one of the R1 leves. I didn't have time to do all of the leves we grabbed before I had to log, but wow...

I can see this being an extremely easy method of ranking up at least to R20 on any DoW/M class. Kudos to OP for thinking outside the box and opening up this door to save some time!



Mine worked just about the same as yours. It took no time at all. Also I did the same steps and got my friend to R15 2 Jobs in around an hour.
____________________________

This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 15 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (15)