Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

SP GainsFollow

#1 Jun 27 2011 at 12:01 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
23 posts
I tried searching for this for a little while and couldn't find anything. Is there a cap on how much SP you can get? I've noticed from 20+ the SP gain drops drastically. Before 20 it was easy getting around 350-500 SP per kill. Now it seems as though the standard is around 180-300. Anyone know, or am I just doing it all wrong?
____________________________

#2 Jun 27 2011 at 12:27 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,000 posts
There is a higher SP multiplier bonus pre 20 (ranging from 4.0 to 1.8 as your level increases), which explains the dropoff you've been seeing.

Post 20 your best bet is alternating between behests and leve parties. With max links (one starter + three other players linking the same leve) and Guardian's Aspect, you are looking at 3.75 times the normal SP for each mob. On Dunesfolk for Dinner this can mean as much as 1k+ SP per mob, with 500-760 SP being more common for other leves.

You can keep soloing all the way to 50 if you want, but hooking up with an organized Linkshell with regularly scheduled leve runs is much, much faster. At the moment the six most popular leves for 30/40 seem to be:

Necrologos: Ranine Reveries (LV40 Broken Water)
Dunesfolk for Dinner (LV40 Broken Water)
Necrologos: Levinshower (LV30 Nophica's Wells)
Necrologos: The Moon's Mistress (LV30 Mun-Tuy Cellars)
Necrologos: Inferno (LV30 Cassiopeia)
Necrologos: Lightsome Verdure (LV30 Cedarwood)

Great Hoary Toads and Rockbound Mists are also good options once you hit the early 40s.

Just make sure you are setting the leve difficulty at enough stars so that the mobs are at least 10 levels above your own as the SP difficulty bonus caps out at dLvl +10.

Edited, Jun 26th 2011 11:45pm by akirussan
____________________________
#3 Jun 27 2011 at 12:34 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
23 posts
akirussan wrote:

You can keep soloing all the way to 50 if you want, but hooking up with an organized Linkshell with regularly scheduled leve runs is much, much faster.

Edited, Jun 26th 2011 11:30pm by akirussan


I didn't plan on soloing, but sometimes I have to since I'am deployed and most people in my LS are not on or at a higher Rank.

Thank you for your response. :)

Edited, Jun 27th 2011 2:52am by Demilia
____________________________

#4 Jun 27 2011 at 1:31 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
464 posts
akirussan wrote:
There is a higher SP multiplier bonus pre 20 (ranging from 4.0 to 1.8 as your level increases), which explains the dropoff you've been seeing.

Post 20 your best bet is alternating between behests and leve parties. With max links (one starter + three other players linking the same leve) and Guardian's Aspect, you are looking at 3.75 times the normal SP for each mob. On Dunesfolk for Dinner this can mean as much as 1k+ SP per mob, with 500-760 SP being more common for other leves.

You can keep soloing all the way to 50 if you want, but hooking up with an organized Linkshell with regularly scheduled leve runs is much, much faster. At the moment the six most popular leves for 30/40 seem to be:

Necrologos: Ranine Reveries (LV40 Broken Water)
Dunesfolk for Dinner (LV40 Broken Water)
Necrologos: Levinshower (LV30 Nophica's Wells)
Necrologos: The Moon's Mistress (LV30 Mun-Tuy Cellars)
Necrologos: Inferno (LV30 Cassiopeia)
Necrologos: Lightsome Verdure (LV30 Cedarwood)

Great Hoary Toads and Rockbound Mists are also good options once you hit the early 40s.

Edited, Jun 26th 2011 11:40pm by akirussan
Thanks Aiko. Rate up for actually taking the time and posting that. I hear people shouting for Dunesfolk all the time in Ul'dah.

I am ready for the changes to guildleves though. I don't think it is right that some leves offer a lot more SP than others. I guess this is why a lot of the population fail those leves on purpose so they can get them again next reset... We have to work with what we are given!
____________________________
Bleam FFXI (Retired) 75MNK/SAM/NIN/SMN/THF  
Bleam WoW (Retired) 80 Druid 
Golf WoW (Retired) 80 Death Knight 
Tewksberry WoW (Retired) 80 Hunter 
Rahana WoW (Retired) 80 Priest


TwiddleDee wrote:
Purchase and instal a bigger hard drive, at the moment my PS3 has 500GB memory which is plenty.
#5 Jun 28 2011 at 12:03 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
yeah but that is a pretty fail thing to be "given"
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#6 Jun 28 2011 at 1:35 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,214 posts
I didn't see it mentioned, but I have tried, and am certain that 300 sp is the current cap above 20 (non-leve mobs). This happens around 10 levels above you.
#7 Jun 28 2011 at 1:54 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
560 posts
rfolkker wrote:
I didn't see it mentioned, but I have tried, and am certain that 300 sp is the current cap above 20 (non-leve mobs). This happens around 10 levels above you.


You can get more from non leve mobs you just have to kill the right mobs, was in a 5-7 member party not to long ago getting 400ish SP from sundrakes. These are like R57-65ish I think.



Edited, Jun 28th 2011 3:56pm by tpgsoldier
____________________________


This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 18 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (18)