Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

FFXIV FullscreenFollow

#1 Jul 08 2011 at 8:08 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
**
357 posts
I've made a simple false-fullscreener (Windower), right now I just have it set to work with wow and ffxiv, working on making it work with any window (game or otherwise).

What this program does is what most people used Windower for.

Just change your video settings to whatever resolution you want to run it in (preferable your monitor resolution, but any resolution will work), and run it in Windowed mode. Once in-game, hit the "FFXIV Fullscreen" button, and it's done; you can close the fullscreener.

Does not interact in any way with the FFXIV game, all it does is send messages to the window containing FFXIV to resize/change parameters. This version also works with Wow, although mostly for testing purposes. (Wow already has an option to do the exact same thing) Newer versions will allow selecting any running process.

Please leave feedback. Expecting a few "don't trust 3rd party programs", and that's fine.
If you do try it, please post your OS/version, whether it works or not. I haven't done much programming lately, and 64/32 Windows API are not the friendliest waters to jump back into. Was written/tested on Windows7 x64, would like to hear from someone on 32-bit.

Download: http://www.x-mmo.com/fsi.zip

New download page for all releases:
http://www.x-mmo.com/downloads.aspx




Edit: Replaced file link to link to download page for all releases.
Edit: Ver. 0.3 Rel 7/12/2011 now available

Edited, Jul 12th 2011 7:22am by Urste
#2 Jul 08 2011 at 8:18 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,523 posts
Could you tell me the benefit of using this over the provided window mode which you can set to full screen size?
____________________________
____(>°°)D_->__(O°°)>-_<(;,,;)>_C-(°°Q)__O~~_t(°°<)_(;o0)___<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_____

#3 Jul 08 2011 at 8:23 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
**
357 posts
There's no border. It looks fullscreen. You can alt-tab out of it.

If you run it in Windowed mode, even at your monitor's resolution, there's still a window, partially obscured.
#4 Jul 08 2011 at 8:26 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
82 posts
I dont' really understand why FFXIV can't do this already what is stopping them?
____________________________
http://goblinbombtoss.guildwork.com/
#5 Jul 08 2011 at 8:27 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
**
357 posts
#6 Jul 08 2011 at 9:37 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
aj7418 wrote:
I dont' really understand why FFXIV can't do this already what is stopping them?


Haha; that's another topic altogether...
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#7 Jul 08 2011 at 9:45 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
31 posts
I'll try this after lunch on Windows 7 64-bit. What other information would be helpful feedback for you (...that is if it works)? My 32-bit systems won't really run FFXIV that well.

Thanks for making this program though...I still use windower for FFXI. Hopefully, somewhere down the line if this game ever turns out good enough, I hope that we'll have a functioning windower like FFXI.
____________________________
<img src="http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/Z">
#8 Jul 08 2011 at 9:51 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
357 posts
I ran installed & ran it on a x32 box I used to play Wow on, it ran, but since I dont have Wow or FFXIV installed on it, thats as far as I got. At least I know its not missing any libs or anything. If you run it, just post what OS you ran it on, and whether it works or not, thanks.
#9 Jul 08 2011 at 10:22 AM Rating: Good
*****
16,959 posts
Works fine on my Win7 64-bit.
____________________________
MyAnimeList FFXIV Krystal Spoonless
#10 Jul 08 2011 at 10:25 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
357 posts
#11 Jul 08 2011 at 12:10 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
31 posts
Just a quickie...worked fine on my i7 Windows 7 64-bit as well.

____________________________
<img src="http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/Z">
#12 Jul 08 2011 at 12:43 PM Rating: Good
**
924 posts
Urste wrote:
I've made a simple false-fullscreener (Windower), right now I just have it set to work with wow and ffxiv, working on making it work with any window (game or otherwise).

What this program does is what most people used Windower for.

Just change your video settings to whatever resolution you want to run it in (preferable your monitor resolution, but any resolution will work), and run it in Windowed mode. Once in-game, hit the "FFXIV Fullscreen" button, and it's done; you can close the fullscreener.

Does not interact in any way with the FFXIV game, all it does is send messages to the window containing FFXIV to resize/change parameters. This version also works with Wow, although mostly for testing purposes. (Wow already has an option to do the exact same thing) Newer versions will allow selecting any running process.

Please leave feedback. Expecting a few "don't trust 3rd party programs", and that's fine.
If you do try it, please post your OS/version, whether it works or not. I haven't done much programming lately, and 64/32 Windows API are not the friendliest waters to jump back into. Was written/tested on Windows7 x64, would like to hear from someone on 32-bit.

Download: http://www.x-mmo.com/fsi.zip


Yo! :P

Any way you might want to combine forces? I push full-screen mode into an actual window, but getting SetWindowPos and style is being a twit >.>

I'm using .NET 4.0 for the launcher, and c++ mfc for the DLL/config/process watch for hooking.

Here's the launcher code:
http://pastebin.com/5gedgif6

Files for WinModXIV:
https://secure.ffxiv-app.com/files/public/AppModXIV/WinModXIV.zip

I've emailed the full source code of it to Yoshi-P himself so they know it's not targeting FFXIV solely. The launcher gui does, but the config/dll don't (they can be used for most games).

Let me know what you think~! Alernatively you can just code your own launcher to open config in background(hidden), start game, let it hook then close it :P

Mine works this way:
config.exe sets up which games to scan for, and when it's loaded the hook is on a watch for any process in the game list.

After game is loaded config.exe can be closed.

My launcher just takes care of that :)
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18309
Quote:
Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
I endorse this thread.
#13 Jul 08 2011 at 12:53 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
118 posts
This is already available through a program called ShiftWindow.

Edited, Jul 8th 2011 2:54pm by DeadKings
#14 Jul 08 2011 at 1:10 PM Rating: Decent
**
557 posts
This doesn't boost performance in windowed mode, does it?
____________________________


#15 Jul 08 2011 at 1:13 PM Rating: Decent
**
924 posts
yfaithfully wrote:
This doesn't boost performance in windowed mode, does it?

I'm not at home, and Urste can correct me but I think his/her's moves the window so it doesn't have borders. Regarding mine, it's actually hooking the directX and for me personally it has boosted performance.

I need anyone who want's to try it, tell me if you get better with 1 or 2 cards using this compared to actual windowed mode supplied by SE ^^

Urste, I will not be answering any other questions in this thread so I don't hijack it... again... sorry >.> I sent a PM to Osarion for permission to start my own.

Thanks!

Any questions can be PM'd :)
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18309
Quote:
Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
I endorse this thread.
#16 Jul 08 2011 at 2:22 PM Rating: Decent
18 posts
Urste, it works great. Using it on Windows 7 64, no crashes so far.
#17 Jul 08 2011 at 3:23 PM Rating: Good
Program works OK, but it won't let me click anything with my mouse. I can use the mouse to move stuff in the UI, but I can't click menus open or what not.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#18 Jul 08 2011 at 6:35 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
349 posts
Monsieur Lubriderm wrote:
Program works OK, but it won't let me click anything with my mouse. I can use the mouse to move stuff in the UI, but I can't click menus open or what not.


Mouse point/click works fine for me in your full screen mode. No bugs/errors to note; and performance has been boosted with GTX460 SLI!
#19 Jul 08 2011 at 6:42 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,004 posts
this has already been done by aikar already as well (the guy who did ffxiwindower)

theres no windower functionality but the game always starts in "fake full screen"
#20 Jul 08 2011 at 6:46 PM Rating: Good
Astarataru wrote:
Monsieur Lubriderm wrote:
Program works OK, but it won't let me click anything with my mouse. I can use the mouse to move stuff in the UI, but I can't click menus open or what not.


Mouse point/click works fine for me in your full screen mode. No bugs/errors to note; and performance has been boosted with GTX460 SLI!
Yeah, but it doesn't work for me is what I'm saying.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#21 Jul 08 2011 at 7:20 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
349 posts
Monsieur Lubriderm wrote:
Astarataru wrote:
Monsieur Lubriderm wrote:
Program works OK, but it won't let me click anything with my mouse. I can use the mouse to move stuff in the UI, but I can't click menus open or what not.


Mouse point/click works fine for me in your full screen mode. No bugs/errors to note; and performance has been boosted with GTX460 SLI!
Yeah, but it doesn't work for me is what I'm saying.


... Right. I think that's implied by your initial post. I was merely providing my experience with the OP's program, and providing feedback as per their request. I'm not having the same issues you are having, which might suggest the issue lies with your system/settings - and not the program.
#22 Jul 08 2011 at 11:48 PM Rating: Decent
Astarataru wrote:
Monsieur Lubriderm wrote:
Astarataru wrote:
Monsieur Lubriderm wrote:
Program works OK, but it won't let me click anything with my mouse. I can use the mouse to move stuff in the UI, but I can't click menus open or what not.


Mouse point/click works fine for me in your full screen mode. No bugs/errors to note; and performance has been boosted with GTX460 SLI!
Yeah, but it doesn't work for me is what I'm saying.


... Right. I think that's implied by your initial post. I was merely providing my experience with the OP's program, and providing feedback as per their request. I'm not having the same issues you are having, which might suggest the issue lies with your system/settings - and not the program.
I tried shift window, just to see. Same thing, there must be something on my end. Is this something that I should run as admin or what not?
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#23 Jul 10 2011 at 7:12 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
357 posts
Working on a new version that lets you choose any open window to Fullscreen, with a better GUI. Thanks to everyone that tried it out so far & provided feedback.

Edited, Jul 10th 2011 9:13am by Urste
#24 Jul 10 2011 at 7:16 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
**
357 posts
Quote:
I tried shift window, just to see. Same thing, there must be something on my end. Is this something that I should run as admin or what not?


It is something on your end. Open the FFXIV Config program, try checking/unckecking "Enable Hardware Mouse Cursor". Don't know what to suggest beyond that. Maybe there's another window that's open that demands to be "Always On Top"?


#25 Jul 10 2011 at 12:07 PM Rating: Good
Urste wrote:
Quote:
I tried shift window, just to see. Same thing, there must be something on my end. Is this something that I should run as admin or what not?


It is something on your end. Open the FFXIV Config program, try checking/unckecking "Enable Hardware Mouse Cursor". Don't know what to suggest beyond that. Maybe there's another window that's open that demands to be "Always On Top"?


I figured it out. My game resolution was smaller than my display (I was playing it in a window). When your program blew it up, I guess it confused the coordinates of the cursor or something. Now that I have my game resolution the same as my display resolution, it works like a charm.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#26 Jul 12 2011 at 5:37 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
**
357 posts
Third version done, available at http://www.x-mmo.com/downloads.aspx.
Probably the last version for a while, It's pretty polished and stable as it is.
Thanks to those that helped me out with it.

If you downloaded a previous version, uninstall your old version first (Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program).

Now fullscreens any window or windowed game, and can fullscreen multiple instances of the same game or window.
Streamlined GUI now runs almost entirely from the System Tray.

#27 Jul 12 2011 at 6:20 AM Rating: Good
Screenshot


This what happens when I try to install version 3.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#28 Jul 12 2011 at 6:29 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
**
357 posts
Thanks for the fast feedback, I've updated it, download & try again.

#29 Jul 12 2011 at 6:32 AM Rating: Good
Version 2 does the same thing for me. Give me a few minutes. If nothing else, I must say that version works great in the meantime.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#30 Jul 12 2011 at 6:38 AM Rating: Good
OK, v3 will install now. But once running the program 'minimizes' in about 6 seconds, and afterward I can't find it anywhere in my task bar.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#31 Jul 12 2011 at 6:39 AM Rating: Good
It shows up in my processes in task manager, but not applications.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#32 Jul 12 2011 at 6:43 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
**
357 posts
another version uploaded, if youde be so kind
#33 Jul 12 2011 at 6:48 AM Rating: Good
Give me a few more minutes, it wants to install .net framework.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#34 Jul 12 2011 at 6:54 AM Rating: Good
Screenshot

It's still ghosting on me after the timer. Also even while it's open, there doesn't really seem to be anything that I can interact with. If you look to the right side of the window, I think I see an L that is truncated, is the window zonked?

Win 7, 64 btw.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#35 Jul 12 2011 at 6:56 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
357 posts
working on it ill post when I have it for sure thanks
#36 Jul 12 2011 at 7:01 AM Rating: Good
I did not have the most recent windows updates installed, btw, last update was june 30. It says it is installing SP1 for 64 now. Just for giggles, I will check it again after update and restart.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#37 Jul 12 2011 at 7:04 AM Rating: Good
Hay, also, I think FFXIV was in 'unable to access direct x' black screen ever since I updated the .net framework. Could Fullscreenit just been having trouble finding anything to associate with?
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#38 Jul 12 2011 at 7:17 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
357 posts
Done, should be all better now, stupid error on my part. Tested on my near-factory Win7 netbook. Thanks for the help.

http://www.x-mmo.com/downloads.aspx




Edited, Jul 12th 2011 9:18am by Urste
#39 Jul 12 2011 at 7:31 AM Rating: Good
Works fine now.

And, lulz.
Screenshot
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#40 Jul 12 2011 at 10:12 PM Rating: Decent
8 posts
I must say that is really cool software Urste, its really annoying when u want to look up something and u cant cause u r in fullscreen or are in window mode and u get FPS drop.

just wanted to share what i use, Steam. Allows me to run the game in full screen mode so i dont get a fps drop and i can still use Steams "shift+Tab" button combination to bring up the steam chat/open steam browser to look up stuff. Just thought i put my 2 cent in :).
#41 Jul 13 2011 at 5:46 AM Rating: Good
Hey, Urste, I have "Run On Startup" checked, and as far as I can tell, it doesn't.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#42 Jul 13 2011 at 6:00 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
357 posts
Monsieur Lubriderm wrote:
Hey, Urste, I have "Run On Startup" checked, and as far as I can tell, it doesn't.

Until I release a fix, you can run on start up by dragging a shortcut to your Start menu -> Startup folder

I will look into it, thanks.

Edited, Jul 13th 2011 8:02am by Urste
#43 Jul 13 2011 at 6:02 AM Rating: Good
I'll test it again tomorrow, I don't feel like farting around with a restart right now.

Everything else is running sweet.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#44 Jul 13 2011 at 6:17 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
357 posts
yeah its just a registry thing, ill test it with my netbook, dont expect a fast update. not having it run on startup is not a huge issue to me, most people would probably turn it off anyway, and just run it as needed. thanks for the info

Edited, Jul 13th 2011 8:25am by Urste
#45 Jul 13 2011 at 8:11 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
This sounds awesome, thank you.
____________________________


#46 Jul 15 2011 at 1:26 AM Rating: Decent
**
419 posts
Just gave it a quick test with a couple of games, works perfectly on Fallout 3, COD: Black Ops, and Crysis 2. W7 x64
I really appreciate this little app because I run two monitors and having the border from normal windowed mode really bugs me but I also want to have easy alt+tab functionality for browsing anything on the second monitor.
Thanks, and rated up!
____________________________


This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 23 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (23)