Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Letter from the Producer, XIV (07/09/2011)Follow

#52 Jul 12 2011 at 2:20 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,146 posts
Almalexia wrote:
A white knight is not at all similar to a troll. A white knight genuinely believes in what he says and does. A troll will do or say anything for the biggest reaction, independent of what he actually believes.

In context of this thread, they are.

DoctorMog knows **** well this game has issues and deserves at the very least, some of the beating it takes for being horrible. He would be white knighting if SE were is a position where they needed a defense, but they don't. The reason it isn't necessary is because SE already stepped up, admitted that the game is in a ****** state and apologized. They aren't even defending the game (since November), yet some people feel the need to step in and do it for them.

There is not a noticeable difference between a knight and a troll here because there is no need for a knight. SE is waving the white flag and doesn't need defense. The 'knights' are attacking the OP, not defending the game. The 'trolls' are defending the OP. Bizarro troll says hi.


____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#53 Jul 12 2011 at 2:28 AM Rating: Good
***
1,313 posts
DoctorMog wrote:
Actually, I simply found it to be of bad taste.

Its like making jokes about women during the women's rights movement
.

Poor timing? Maybe

It might have been funnier AFTER 1.18 came out IMO.


What the ****?
____________________________
Eithne Draocht
My IG: archaicmachinery - Friend me!
#54 Jul 12 2011 at 2:31 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
*
197 posts
It's hard to defend a game which, by most standards, is in a terrible state, MMO or single player, take your pick, but it does fails on so many accounts. And I say that as someone who still hasn't given up on it and plays it daily. Of course there are people who genuinely enjoy it, but the trouble with most, in my opinion, is the inability to be objective and unwillingness to admit to certain facts no matter what.

The OPs post was funny and we'd all be rolling on the floor if XIV was in a good shape, but it stings a little when we find some truth in it... (not in a literal sense, duh >_>)
#55 Jul 12 2011 at 6:12 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
523 posts
Sometimes I defend the game and SE just because there is no counter opinion expressed anywhere on these boards.

Its funny to see people get so butthurt about a player who could potentially like something others dislike.

Edited, Jul 12th 2011 8:13am by DoctorMog
#56 Jul 12 2011 at 7:05 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,226 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
He would be white knighting if SE were is a position where they needed a defense, but they don't.

Some ******* 2 posts ago wrote:
A white knight, used as a pejorative, is a self-appointed defender of someone that needs no defense.

But that's not important. This is:
Quote:
The 'knights' are attacking the OP, not defending the game. The 'trolls' are defending the OP. Bizarro troll says hi.

Not every instance of sarcasm, parody, humor and jostling is trolling. Sometimes people just want to tell a joke. In fact, people have been telling each other jokes for billions of years* with the goal of eliciting laughter.

The OP shared a joke. Not everybody found it funny, but some did. Such is comedy.

No one in here is trolling. Or bizarro trolling, whatever the **** that is.









*[citation needed]
____________________________
w(°o°)w
#57 Jul 12 2011 at 7:54 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,214 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
Almalexia wrote:
A white knight is not at all similar to a troll. A white knight genuinely believes in what he says and does. A troll will do or say anything for the biggest reaction, independent of what he actually believes.

In context of this thread, they are.

DoctorMog knows **** well this game has issues and deserves at the very least, some of the beating it takes for being horrible. He would be white knighting if SE were is a position where they needed a defense, but they don't. The reason it isn't necessary is because SE already stepped up, admitted that the game is in a sh*tty state and apologized. They aren't even defending the game (since November), yet some people feel the need to step in and do it for them.

There is not a noticeable difference between a knight and a troll here because there is no need for a knight. SE is waving the white flag and doesn't need defense. The 'knights' are attacking the OP, not defending the game. The 'trolls' are defending the OP. Bizarro troll says hi.




I read DoctorMogs post 3 times, nothing in it was defending the game, or the implementation, or anything about the issues.

If that's what it takes to be a white knight, and to be attacked, it is a sad day.

It is sad how low these forums have sunk in that someone saying something is in bad taste gets attacked. Bad taste is bad taste. Someone kicks a baby, only a sick person laughs.

So many people post about leaving the game, I am just sad to leave these forums. It was a good run, but, meh. Maybe I will come back when people are in a better mood, but I doubt it.

And I will not bother coming back to see replies, so don't bother, this is not an attempt at a troll, it is simply to inform you that you (the incredibly spiteful people who have taken over these forums) have won.
#58 Jul 12 2011 at 9:18 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,146 posts
Almalexia wrote:
A troll will do or say anything for the biggest reaction, independent of what he actually believes.

So then..
DoctorMog wrote:
Sometimes I defend the game and SE just because there is no counter opinion expressed anywhere on these boards.

how did you manage to fit those enormous ears and nose under your shiny helm Sir Mog?

Almalexia wrote:
No one in here is trolling. Or bizarro trolling, whatever the **** that is.


Mog is obviously trolling. He just said so. Anyway, Bizarro was a villain from Superman comics who had many of the same traits and abilities except they were reversed. Heat breath instead of cold breath and so on. In this thread the people who are usually tagged as trolls are defending, not the knights. Capeesh?

Off topic: I really dig your WoW sig :D

rfolkker wrote:
I read DoctorMogs post 3 times, nothing in it was defending the game, or the implementation, or anything about the issues.



FilthMcNasty wrote:
The 'knights' are attacking the OP, not defending the game.


I accused him of attacking the OP, not defending the game. There is a difference. Perhaps if you'd read it three times?

rfolkker wrote:
It is sad how low these forums have sunk in that someone saying something is in bad taste gets attacked.

He started it? Not only that, but he welcomed people criticize his reasoning. He quite literally asked for it.
DoctorMog wrote:

Get a new comeback, or criticize my reasoning instead of my stance on the subject.


rfolkker wrote:
It was a good run...


*Cue dramatic exit music*








Edited, Jul 12th 2011 11:19am by FilthMcNasty
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#59 Jul 12 2011 at 9:29 AM Rating: Good
**
557 posts
Sadly there's more action on this thread than I've ever seen in FFXIV.

Snappier interface, too.
____________________________


#60 Jul 12 2011 at 9:32 AM Rating: Decent
****
6,898 posts
ForceofMeh wrote:
Almalexia wrote:
No one in here is trolling. Or bizarro trolling, whatever the **** that is.


Mog is obviously trolling. He just said so. Anyway, Bizarro was a villain from Superman comics who had many of the same traits and abilities except they were reversed. Heat breath instead of cold breath and so on. In this thread the people who are usually tagged as trolls are defending, not the knights. Capeesh?


No actually, YOU just said he was trolling, based off a definition you took from someone else. Mog said he occasionally posts a counter argument just because no one else does. He never said he did so in this thread, and even if he had, he actually DOES like the game, so it's not trolling. If he were trying to get the biggest reaction and troll, he'd turn around and say he HATES the game, as that would garner far more attention considering how vocal he has been about the positives of the game.

...Why are we debating what a troll and a white knight are anyways? ***** and giggles?
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#61 Jul 12 2011 at 9:48 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
523 posts
The logic escapes a few people, Ill lay it out for ya.

I find the OPs post to be of bad taste.
I was called a white knight for opposing the view.
I then explained how it is I became a white knight (or so i was called) on these boards.

Ill make it clear:

I started ACTUALLY white knighting as soon as I realized that white knighting is even BETTER than trolling because it targets trolls specifically. Only the trolls come out to play when I post a favorable opinion on FFXIV.

Amusing? Definitely.

I would gander that:

50% of the time I find the negative post about something SE did wrong and post my counter opinion
25% of the time I agree with the OP and don't post, because the OP did a fine job outlining the issue.
15% of the time I dont post at all.

and finally 10% of the time I get tired of watching the SE slander and post something positive in the thread about the topic and watch the trolls go nuts.

Just trollin' the trolls.

Oh and to be clear, in this thread I find it to be of bad taste because the Devs ARE working on fixing the issues. People just have no patience. This thread is one of my 50% where I disagree and post my counter opinion.


#62 Jul 12 2011 at 10:51 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,146 posts
BartelX wrote:
No actually, YOU just said he was trolling, based off a definition you took from someone else.

First of all, the post was written by me and not ForceofMeh. Secondly, yes I did say he was trolling. That was never in dispute.

BartelX wrote:
He never said he did so in this thread...


DoctorTroll wrote:
Just trollin' the trolls.


Orly?

The fact that he likes a game doesn't disqualify him from trolling. As I have said, the tag usually gets placed on the opposing viewpoint. Trolling isn't limited to a negative perspective BartelX. No one is debating what a troll is. I pointed it out and he admitted it.

Sir Mogglesworth of Trollerton wrote:
The logic escapes a few people, Ill lay it out for ya.


There is no explainable logic for taking up pom-poms for SE just for the sake of 'everyone knows the game sucks but I'm gonna be a cheerleader anyway'.

Rehabilitroll wrote:
Only the trolls come out to play when I post a favorable opinion on FFXIV.

Actually, level-headed people come out to play when you liken a poorly developed MMO to women's suffrage. I would have more to say to you, but you seem to be well fed now.



____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#63 Jul 12 2011 at 10:59 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,120 posts
You guys are funny(as was the OP).
____________________________

#64 Jul 12 2011 at 11:25 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
523 posts
Belly full

Take a nap

/still likes final fantasy 14

Edited, Jul 12th 2011 1:26pm by DoctorMog
#65 Jul 12 2011 at 12:07 PM Rating: Decent
*
75 posts
DoctorMog wrote:
Belly full

Take a nap

Edited, Jul 12th 2011 1:26pm by DoctorMog


Translation: I lost the argument on all points and admitted I'm a troll.
#66 Jul 12 2011 at 12:10 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
49 posts
Quoting myself for context.


mullesch85 wrote:
DoctorMog wrote:
With no disrespect to you or the person who made this:

That sh*t's not funny.

They deserve a lot more credit than they are getting considering things.






This sh*t IS funny, because it apparently hits close to home for the remaining lolffxivwhiteknights.


Joke's on you....considering things.





DoctorMog wrote:
Seems tolls will always revert back to calling anyone with an opinion other than their own "white knights."




Maybe lolYoshiPwhiteknights is better? The OP was mostly unfunny; the real comedic value for me was seeing you get upset about it. And despite the attempts to explain it, I may still be misunderstanding what an internet white knight is. The development team has released lackluster patches at best (and 1.18 is over a month late), and they will clearly not be able to follow through on their summer update list released in Letter X, yet you continue to defend these people. Seems a bit whiteknightish to me. Eh, maybe I just don't get it, or maybe I'm just a troll.


Edited, Jul 12th 2011 2:14pm by mullesch85
____________________________


#67Cazon, Posted: Jul 12 2011 at 12:26 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) **** WTF!?! White knights, Trolls, Bizarro Trolls...
#68 Jul 12 2011 at 12:47 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,553 posts
Almalexia wrote:

One question to ask is, "how can I tell the difference?" But a better question to ask is, "why should I give a @#%^?"


I applaud you. Very succinctly and well put. Rate-up. :)
____________________________
Super Wiki Ferret Emeritus, obsessive/compulsive wiki editor
#69 Jul 12 2011 at 1:05 PM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
DoctorMog wrote:
Devs ARE working on fixing the issues. People just have no patience.
This is how I can tell you've been playing SE MMOs too long. It's like they live on Valve time but without all the extensive playtesting and code quality. They've had over a year. The entire game could've been rebuilt on a 3rd party engine by now, but they're still just creeping along with small patches (made artificially large because of their crappy patching system). There's no way that a company as big as SE should be struggling this hard to make fixes and updates, and yet people defend it saying that the customers just don't have the 'patience'.



Edited, Jul 12th 2011 2:08pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#70 Jul 12 2011 at 1:09 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
852 posts
bsphil wrote:
DoctorMog wrote:
Devs ARE working on fixing the issues. People just have no patience.
This is how I can tell you've been playing SE MMOs too long. It's like they live on Valve time but without all the extensive playtesting and code quality. They've had over a year. The entire game could've been rebuilt on a 3rd party engine by now, but they're still just creeping along with small patches (made artificially large because of their crappy patching system). There's no way that a company as big as SE should be struggling this hard to make fixes and updates, and yet people defend it saying that the customers just don't have the 'patience'.



Edited, Jul 12th 2011 2:08pm by bsphil



Quoted for truth, sanity and a heaping dose of reality. I could not agree more.
____________________________
#71 Jul 12 2011 at 1:13 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
523 posts
HardHotThrobbingAetherite wrote:
DoctorMog wrote:
Belly full

Take a nap

Edited, Jul 12th 2011 1:26pm by DoctorMog


Translation: I lost the argument on all points and admitted I'm a troll.



Its cute that you think I care.

Lets hug this out.
#72 Jul 12 2011 at 2:25 PM Rating: Decent
****
6,898 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
BartelX wrote:
No actually, YOU just said he was trolling, based off a definition you took from someone else.

First of all, the post was written by me and not ForceofMeh. Secondly, yes I did say he was trolling. That was never in dispute.

BartelX wrote:
He never said he did so in this thread...


DoctorTroll wrote:
Just trollin' the trolls.


Orly?


Way to quote a post AFTER mine to try and prove your point. And sorry bout the name thing, they both started with and F and I was trying to get out the door fast.
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#73DoctorMog, Posted: Jul 12 2011 at 2:46 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) This thread is amusing.
#74 Jul 12 2011 at 3:36 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,523 posts


Troll moar.
____________________________
____(>°°)D_->__(O°°)>-_<(;,,;)>_C-(°°Q)__O~~_t(°°<)_(;o0)___<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_____

#75 Jul 12 2011 at 3:41 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
523 posts
and it finally comes full circle.

#76TwiddleDee, Posted: Jul 12 2011 at 4:03 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) @ OP:
#77 Jul 12 2011 at 6:04 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,146 posts
BartelX wrote:
FilthMcNasty wrote:
BartelX wrote:
No actually, YOU just said he was trolling, based off a definition you took from someone else.

First of all, the post was written by me and not ForceofMeh. Secondly, yes I did say he was trolling. That was never in dispute.

BartelX wrote:
He never said he did so in this thread...


DoctorTroll wrote:
Just trollin' the trolls.


Orly?


Way to quote a post AFTER mine to try and prove your point. And sorry bout the name thing, they both started with and F and I was trying to get out the door fast.

Let me make sure I have the order of events straight...

1) I call DoctorMog out for trolling

2) You white knight him and come to his rescue

3) 15 minutes later in the very next post he admits he is trolling

4) You blame me because you didn't know any better

Sound about right?

I really can't blame you for not seeing it though. It's really hard in a room full or normal people to pick out the 7 foot tall, hairy beast with the ****-shaped nose.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#78 Jul 12 2011 at 6:26 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
523 posts
your order is wrong.

1: I post an opinion on the OP
2: I get accused OF trolling on my first post (which was not a troll)
3: I troll the person who accused my first post of being a troll
4: you call me out for trolling
5: I laugh behind my desk as people cry rivers of tears that Mog has trolled a thread
6: /thread
#79 Jul 12 2011 at 11:20 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
170 posts
Hey. I'm the one that actually wrote the OP on the CKD forums. www.yarrthepirate.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=13116
I actually did write "This is fake" on the post.

Anyway, I am as die-hard FF as they come. I'm just...lately...extremely frustrated at the lack of progress our beloved game has made in 2011. This "Letter" took me 5 minutes to write, and it's just my way to relieve some of that frustration I guess. It was surely fun to write it.

I'm also surprised at how many responses my "Letter" got here on Zam. Whereas on my forum, it barely got a nod, even though my forum is quite active.
____________________________
*Retired July 22, 2005*
75whm: July 1, 2004
75brd: May 22, 2005
50blm, 44rdm, 40smn, 25thf, 22nin, 18war, 17pld, 12bst, 11rng, 10mnk, 10drg, 10drk, 10sam
Quests completed: 327
Server Ifrit
Linkshell CobraKaiDojo
my WHM guide
http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-ffxiv/82_fccd6dc32bc49944.png

#80 Jul 12 2011 at 11:42 PM Rating: Default
****
6,898 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
BartelX wrote:
FilthMcNasty wrote:
BartelX wrote:
No actually, YOU just said he was trolling, based off a definition you took from someone else.

First of all, the post was written by me and not ForceofMeh. Secondly, yes I did say he was trolling. That was never in dispute.

BartelX wrote:
He never said he did so in this thread...


DoctorTroll wrote:
Just trollin' the trolls.


Orly?


Way to quote a post AFTER mine to try and prove your point. And sorry bout the name thing, they both started with and F and I was trying to get out the door fast.

Let me make sure I have the order of events straight...

1) I call DoctorMog out for trolling

2) You white knight him and come to his rescue

3) 15 minutes later in the very next post he admits he is trolling

4) You blame me because you didn't know any better

Sound about right?

I really can't blame you for not seeing it though. It's really hard in a room full or normal people to pick out the 7 foot tall, hairy beast with the ****-shaped nose.


Lol yeah, I'm such a "white knight" for Doctor Mog because I called you out for making **** up. He didn't say he was trolling in this post, he said he DOES troll the trolls occasionally.

Doc wrote:
Oh and to be clear, in this thread I find it to be of bad taste because the Devs ARE working on fixing the issues. People just have no patience. This thread is one of my 50% where I disagree and post my counter opinion.


That was literally 1 line below the "Trolling the trolls" comment.

But, because you were so blinded by your need to try and make yourself look right, you tried to use that to point out where I was wrong. Unfortunately, your reading comprehension failed you in this case. Don't worry, it happens to everyone from time to time. ^^
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#81 Jul 13 2011 at 12:03 AM Rating: Default
8 posts
HAHAHAHAHA O man, i am not sure whats more funny, the OP or all the comments/replies that people wrote LOL. Feels like i am reading comments on youtube hahaha. BTW i am PUMPED for patch 1.18, CANT WAAAIITT =D!!! Just wanted to be a part of this Awesome Thread LOL =D!!!!
#82 Jul 13 2011 at 1:21 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,146 posts
BartelX wrote:
Lol yeah, I'm such a "white knight" for Doctor Mog because I called you out for making sh*t up.

I honestly have no idea why you'd try to stand up for him. I don't really care either. I just think it's funny.

Bodyguard of Mog wrote:
DoctorMog wrote:
This thread is one of my 50% where I disagree and post my counter opinion.
That was literally 1 line below the "Trolling the trolls" comment.

It was also approximately [insert arbitrary number here] lines after this (perhaps you can help me out with my comprehension here)
DoctorMog wrote:
Its like making jokes about women during the women's rights movement.


I stopped trying to comprehend everything that followed this. The reason should be obvious.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#83 Jul 13 2011 at 5:51 AM Rating: Default
****
6,898 posts
FilthMcNutsack wrote:
BartelX wrote:
Lol yeah, I'm such a "white knight" for Doctor Mog because I called you out for making sh*t up.

I honestly have no idea why you'd try to stand up for him. I don't really care either. I just think it's funny.


Clearly you do care or you wouldn't try and provoke it by calling me a white knight. And that's what I think is funny.

FilthMcGriddle wrote:
Bodyguard of Mog wrote:
DoctorMog wrote:
This thread is one of my 50% where I disagree and post my counter opinion.
That was literally 1 line below the "Trolling the trolls" comment.

It was also approximately [insert arbitrary number here] lines after this (perhaps you can help me out with my comprehension here)
DoctorMog wrote:
Its like making jokes about women during the women's rights movement.


I stopped trying to comprehend everything that followed this. The reason should be obvious.


Oh, it is obvious. At least to me.

Honestly, I think we're BOTH just trolling at this point. =P

Edited, Jul 13th 2011 7:52am by BartelX
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#84 Jul 13 2011 at 6:12 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
523 posts
/popcorn

Also this:
http://i.imgur.com/sNJ65.jpg

Edited, Jul 13th 2011 8:33am by DoctorMog
#85 Jul 13 2011 at 6:38 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
This just made me remember a story I was told as a Kid and I hop I don't cause any distress to anyone by telling it...

When first white europeans met black africans there was a major culture shock on both ends, Europeans though that africans were something less than humans and more like beasts, africans though that europeans were something else than human and something more like wraiths or ghosts. Africans were proved to be more intelegent by recognizing earlier their mistake, europeans not so much....

At the initial clash between FFXIV lovers and haters both sides threw their attacks and comments at each other. The trolls keep on doing it, the white knights have gavin up and accepted that both points of view can be valid.

Most of the White Knight posts you see now a days are either from new people in the comunity or just in response to other posts, you don't see initial posts from old White Knights anymore. On the other hand, posts complaining about the game, about old and new stuff alike, keep popping up from both new and old comunity members....
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#86 Jul 13 2011 at 7:15 AM Rating: Good
*
133 posts
http://imgur.com/gallery/z8Pjt

Adding value.

Edited, Jul 13th 2011 9:17am by Callipho
#87 Jul 13 2011 at 7:26 AM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
Hugus wrote:
This just made me remember a story I was told as a Kid and I hop I don't cause any distress to anyone by telling it...

When first white europeans met black africans there was a major culture shock on both ends, Europeans though that africans were something less than humans and more like beasts, africans though that europeans were something else than human and something more like wraiths or ghosts. Africans were proved to be more intelegent by recognizing earlier their mistake, europeans not so much....

At the initial clash between FFXIV lovers and haters both sides threw their attacks and comments at each other. The trolls keep on doing it, the white knights have gavin up and accepted that both points of view can be valid.

Most of the White Knight posts you see now a days are either from new people in the comunity or just in response to other posts, you don't see initial posts from old White Knights anymore. On the other hand, posts complaining about the game, about old and new stuff alike, keep popping up from both new and old comunity members....


Cool story.....
____________________________
MUTED
#88 Jul 13 2011 at 8:10 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,825 posts
Does this thread really need to continue? Everytime I check my dumbphone while slacking at work I get all excited... and then notice the date and the author and get really sad.
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#89 Jul 13 2011 at 8:50 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,523 posts
Can't resist to write something just to bug Perrin x3
____________________________
____(>°°)D_->__(O°°)>-_<(;,,;)>_C-(°°Q)__O~~_t(°°<)_(;o0)___<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_____

#90 Jul 13 2011 at 9:50 AM Rating: Good
***
3,825 posts
RedGalka wrote:
Can't resist to write something just to bug Perrin x3


Must... not... re----- Damnit! ^.~
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#91 Jul 13 2011 at 10:05 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
852 posts
Hugus wrote:
This just made me remember a story I was told as a Kid and I hop I don't cause any distress to anyone by telling it...

When first white europeans met black africans there was a major culture shock on both ends, Europeans though that africans were something less than humans and more like beasts, africans though that europeans were something else than human and something more like wraiths or ghosts. Africans were proved to be more intelegent by recognizing earlier their mistake, europeans not so much....

At the initial clash between FFXIV lovers and haters both sides threw their attacks and comments at each other. The trolls keep on doing it, the white knights have gavin up and accepted that both points of view can be valid.

Most of the White Knight posts you see now a days are either from new people in the comunity or just in response to other posts, you don't see initial posts from old White Knights anymore. On the other hand, posts complaining about the game, about old and new stuff alike, keep popping up from both new and old comunity members....


Exactly. The majority of the old white knights eventually came over to the da---the side of the ma--- er, ****, I can't say this without being ******* to the Other side!
____________________________
#92 Jul 13 2011 at 11:11 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,949 posts
bsphil wrote:
They've had over a year. The entire game could've been rebuilt on a 3rd party engine by now

Man, I always loved your posts on the FFXI boards, and I always try to take your posts on XIV's as a sign of how bad that game turned out, but...

I seriously hope you don't really think it takes less than a year to port a game of that scope from an engine to a new one...
____________________________
FFXIV: Cloe Delisle Scholar, officer of the SWAGGER Free company, Sargatanas server.
#93 Jul 13 2011 at 2:06 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,530 posts
bsphil wrote:
DoctorMog wrote:
Actually, I simply found it to be of bad taste.

Its like making jokes about women during the women's rights movement.

Poor timing? Maybe

It might have been funnier AFTER 1.18 came out IMO.
Semantics. Offensive, bad taste, whatever. Don't care. I think Yoshi-P is tough enough to take the heat from a joke post on a forum he doesn't read. Get over it.

By the way, lol@analogies. Comparing to the women's rights movement? Smiley: lolSmiley: lolSmiley: lolSmiley: lol Yes, MMO development is basically like fighting for equality among the sexes. I'd say a better analogy for this thread would be if someone thought I was in any way upset/irritated by the tone of my post, when I'm really just bored and passing the time before I have to take my car in for emissions.


Holocaust, perhaps?

*apologizes*
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#94 Jul 13 2011 at 2:22 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Docent42 wrote:
bsphil wrote:
They've had over a year. The entire game could've been rebuilt on a 3rd party engine by now

Man, I always loved your posts on the FFXI boards, and I always try to take your posts on XIV's as a sign of how bad that game turned out, but...

I seriously hope you don't really think it takes less than a year to port a game of that scope from an engine to a new one...
Alpha testing started 15 months ago. They spent most of the development time on Crystal Tools, leaving a year and a half to finish the game on top of it. I don't think it's that terribly unreasonable. Not like I think they should bother with that right now anyway, the point is that people who claim we don't have enough patience need to reevaluate the snail's pace at which they're releasing this minor patches. Hey, STALKER is being re-written by fans for CryEngine 2, and Aion will have hit its 3rd graphics overhaul soon.

KaneKitty wrote:
bsphil wrote:
DoctorMog wrote:
Actually, I simply found it to be of bad taste.

Its like making jokes about women during the women's rights movement.

Poor timing? Maybe

It might have been funnier AFTER 1.18 came out IMO.
Semantics. Offensive, bad taste, whatever. Don't care. I think Yoshi-P is tough enough to take the heat from a joke post on a forum he doesn't read. Get over it.

By the way, lol@analogies. Comparing to the women's rights movement? Smiley: lolSmiley: lolSmiley: lolSmiley: lol Yes, MMO development is basically like fighting for equality among the sexes. I'd say a better analogy for this thread would be if someone thought I was in any way upset/irritated by the tone of my post, when I'm really just bored and passing the time before I have to take my car in for emissions.
Holocaust, perhaps?
Well, at least that would make sense.

Edited, Jul 13th 2011 3:23pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#95 Jul 13 2011 at 2:24 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
554 posts
DoctorMog wrote:
This thread is amusing.

Please. Continue.



Brother let me just say Rog would be **** proud of you.
#96 Jul 13 2011 at 8:39 PM Rating: Good
***
1,606 posts
Did anyone ever come across that viral video of some girl sobbing profusely about "leave Britney alone"? I'm not going to post a link to it for I had hoped it was gone forever from my memory but for whatever reason that's what has come to mind. Just waiting for someone to make a sobbing "leave SE/Yoshi alone" video.
#97 Jul 13 2011 at 8:41 PM Rating: Excellent
******
48,703 posts
That was no girl, that was Chris Crocker.
Screenshot

Also, here, because I'm awesome.


Edited, Jul 13th 2011 10:46pm by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#98 Jul 13 2011 at 8:48 PM Rating: Good
***
1,606 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
That was no girl, that was Chris Crocker

lol Goes to show how much I paid attention to it. Just remember how annoying her his video was. Had to listen to people playing it at work for weeks.
#99 Jul 13 2011 at 9:10 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,998 posts
MrTalos wrote:
Did anyone ever come across that viral video of some girl sobbing profusely about "leave Britney alone"? I'm not going to post a link to it for I had hoped it was gone forever from my memory but for whatever reason that's what has come to mind. Just waiting for someone to make a sobbing "leave SE/Yoshi alone" video.

Smiley: dubious
(I don't think that even works for non-premium)
I guess that could be called a "Girl" now, but at the time, nooo(His name is Chris Crocker or something).

He(Yoshi) doesn't really deserve a lot of the sh*t he gets, but I doubt this game or it's situation is really going to push anyone to make a parody of that(Or much of anything somewhat creative sadly, not even many .dat mods in all this time).
EDIT: Oh, guess Smileys do exist for non-premium now. Surprising, though I can't see myself using them again...

Edited, Jul 13th 2011 10:11pm by Uchitoru
____________________________
This used to be pretty fun.
#100 Jul 13 2011 at 9:55 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,226 posts
Uchitoru wrote:
Oh, guess Smileys do exist for non-premium now. Surprising, though I can't see myself using them again...

****, I'll do it. Smiley: schooled
____________________________
w(°o°)w
#101 Jul 13 2011 at 10:25 PM Rating: Excellent
*
54 posts
I think this whole game development has been planned for a japanese reality tv show.

****, we've all watch 4 dudes run a pawn store for a year or whatever. Reality game development people!!!

See how crazy these islander's are.
____________________________

This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 30 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (30)