Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Can't accept new levequests?Follow

#1 Jul 12 2011 at 1:33 PM Rating: Good
***
1,205 posts
Long story short, I'm 8/8 on my regional levequests and now that I'm in a new area (went from Gridania to Ul'dah) I can't accept anymore levequests. The old ones are grayed out and I can't remove or exchange them in any manner to accept new ones.

How do I get more levequests/remove old ones from my journal?

I'm sure this is an utterly simply question to answer, however, I just can't seem to find any information on it. I'd rather not waste time grinding if I can accept my quests.

Thanks for the help!
____________________________
BST SMN RDM PLD WAR MNK BLM THF DRK(72)
#2 Jul 12 2011 at 1:35 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
852 posts
In SE's infinite wisdom, finished levequests don't disappear from your journal. You have to manually exchange them out for new ones. It's either lazy coding or bass ackwards design.
____________________________
[ffxivsig]1807397[/ffxivsig]
#3 Jul 12 2011 at 1:46 PM Rating: Good
***
1,205 posts
The issue I'm running into is that I can't exchange them, either. When it gets to the exchange part, all 8 of my levequests are grayed out. I can't select anything to exchange or remove or do anything at all with my old ones. :(
____________________________
BST SMN RDM PLD WAR MNK BLM THF DRK(72)
#4 Jul 12 2011 at 1:53 PM Rating: Excellent
**
335 posts
I could be mistaken but I was under the assumption you could only do 8 regional levequests per reset regardless of the area. So you could have had like 4 from Gridania and 4 for Ul'dah and that would make up your 8 till the reset.
____________________________

[ffxivsig]484462[/ffxivsig]
#5 Jul 12 2011 at 1:57 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
852 posts
Shadowspell wrote:
I could be mistaken but I was under the assumption you could only do 8 regional levequests per reset regardless of the area. So you could have had like 4 from Gridania and 4 for Ul'dah and that would make up your 8 till the reset.


Ah, yes. I see. This. I assumed you hadn't hit your limit yet for the cycle.
____________________________
[ffxivsig]1807397[/ffxivsig]
#6 Jul 12 2011 at 1:58 PM Rating: Good
***
1,205 posts
I'm noobing myself out here, but, reset?

After a bit of googling ... you can only accept/exchange new/old levequests after a 36-hour period? That seems kind of ... meh.

I actually see a timer counting down at the top of the page here. If I'm catching on, does that mean in 4~ hours, I can exchange those old levequests out?
____________________________
BST SMN RDM PLD WAR MNK BLM THF DRK(72)
#7 Jul 12 2011 at 2:01 PM Rating: Excellent
**
335 posts
Alatariel wrote:
I'm noobing myself out here, but, reset?

After a bit of googling ... you can only accept/exchange new/old levequests after a 36-hour period? That seems kind of ... meh.

I actually see a timer counting down at the top of the page here. If I'm catching on, does that mean in 4~ hours, I can exchange those old levequests out?


That would be correct.
____________________________

[ffxivsig]484462[/ffxivsig]
#8 Jul 12 2011 at 2:02 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
852 posts
Alatariel wrote:
I'm noobing myself out here, but, reset?

After a bit of googling ... you can only accept/exchange new/old levequests after a 36-hour period? That seems kind of ... meh.

I actually see a timer counting down at the top of the page here. If I'm catching on, does that mean in 4~ hours, I can exchange those old levequests out?


Welcome to one of a myriad of baffling design choices in FFXIV! And, fyi, it used to be every 48 hours! :D
____________________________
[ffxivsig]1807397[/ffxivsig]
#9 Jul 12 2011 at 2:11 PM Rating: Good
***
1,205 posts
Huh. Well, thanks for the info, guys!

Guess I'll look around and see what a nooblet can spend his time doing waiting for the reset to kick in!
____________________________
BST SMN RDM PLD WAR MNK BLM THF DRK(72)
#10 Jul 12 2011 at 2:18 PM Rating: Good
**
557 posts
Does someone have a brief explanation or link to a brief, well-written explanation describing everything you need to know about leves?

I just haven't seen one yet in all the resources I've checked out. I know all the rules, but somehow I just can't patch them all together in a comprehensive way.
____________________________

[ffxivsig]1809646[/ffxivsig]
#11 Jul 12 2011 at 2:25 PM Rating: Good
**
335 posts
yfaithfully wrote:
Does someone have a brief explanation or link to a brief, well-written explanation describing everything you need to know about leves?

I just haven't seen one yet in all the resources I've checked out. I know all the rules, but somehow I just can't patch them all together in a comprehensive way.

It really depends on what you are looking for information wise. Zam has information on the leves here. A lot of the information we do know about leves is subject to change once update 1.18 rolls in.

Edited, Jul 12th 2011 4:25pm by Shadowspell
____________________________

[ffxivsig]484462[/ffxivsig]
#12 Jul 13 2011 at 9:10 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,801 posts
hexaemeron wrote:
In SE's infinite wisdom, finished levequests don't disappear from your journal. You have to manually exchange them out for new ones. It's either lazy coding or bass ackwards design.


Its a feature, not a bug!
____________________________
WoW -- Zaia -- Dragonmaw -- Mage 80 BABY! Alchemy 450
Also... Hunter 62, Rogue 52, Warrior 66, Warlock 43, Death Knight 70, Shaman Who Cares? ;)

FFXI -- Caia -- Retired/Deleted -- Blm 75, Alchemy 97
Pandimonium server - Rank 10 - Bastok

Zaela Rdm -- 35, Alchemy 45 -- Forced into retirement because I didn't have the right kind of credit card. Hope it was worth 18 bucks a month, SE.

#13 Jul 13 2011 at 10:58 PM Rating: Good
*
54 posts
Caia wrote:
hexaemeron wrote:
In SE's infinite wisdom, finished levequests don't disappear from your journal. You have to manually exchange them out for new ones. It's either lazy coding or bass ackwards design.


Its a feature, not a bug!


\0/ and a **** good feature i might add.
____________________________
[ffxivsig]1878906[/ffxivsig]
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 32 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (32)