Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

I soloed a Behest at Rank 9...Follow

#1 Jul 30 2011 at 11:15 AM Rating: Decent
2 posts
And all I got was 265 gil -.-

I thought those things were supposed to give good amounts of money? Died 3 times trying to kill the final mob spawn. Then, I'm greeted by a message along the likes of "I'm sorry, Ul'duh cannot afford to pay you the normal rate".

Did they change the amount of money you earn?
#2 Jul 30 2011 at 11:53 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
4 posts
yup, they sure did.
____________________________
http://www.kwestro.com/
#3 Jul 30 2011 at 6:18 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,998 posts
The Battlewarden at the Ul'Dah starter camp has always given that same message.

They did lower the gil reward for Behests and Leves last patch though. I don't really know why(Economy isn't reflecting these changes) they did it, but that's all you're going to get now.

I can't remember Behests really giving a good amount of gil to begin with, I never got more then 2.3k from the Rank10 camps at least.
____________________________
This used to be pretty fun.
#4 Jul 30 2011 at 8:01 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
Behest is set up so that the more people and the higher rank they are that join in, the harder the behest and the better the reward is. Simply saying, Soloing a Behest at low rank will get the lowest reward possible, and also the weakest and fewest mobs.
____________________________




#5 Jul 30 2011 at 10:53 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
Uchitoru wrote:
They did lower the gil reward for Behests and Leves last patch though. I don't really know why(Economy isn't reflecting these changes) they did it, but that's all you're going to get now.


SE probably lowered gil rewards because the average player is sitting on a few (or a few tens of) million gil without having done much of anything besides ranked up. Everything in FFXIV gives far too much money as a reward and, with there being nothing much to spend it on, SE had to take some sort of action in order to lower the total amount of gil in circulation.
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#6 Jul 30 2011 at 11:11 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
626 posts
also note that they lowered the cost of NPC repair and simplified PC repairing which i assume now costs less as well.
yeah i kinda think FFXIV was handing out too much money with nothing to spend it on. i mean, just look at the mage gear selections to buy from lol its horrible.
____________________________

#7 Jul 31 2011 at 1:08 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,998 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
Uchitoru wrote:
They did lower the gil reward for Behests and Leves last patch though. I don't really know why(Economy isn't reflecting these changes) they did it, but that's all you're going to get now.


SE probably lowered gil rewards because the average player is sitting on a few (or a few tens of) million gil without having done much of anything besides ranked up. Everything in FFXIV gives far too much money as a reward and, with there being nothing much to spend it on, SE had to take some sort of action in order to lower the total amount of gil in circulation.

I don't doubt that many players have obscene amounts of gil, but I can't imagine that being the average at all.

I agree about gil being a bit to easy to get(kinda), but I never saw it as that big of a problem. Gil might have been to easy to get, but the selling prices from NPCs and players were high enough to(somewhat) match that flow.

Now there's very little gil coming in(1k average for Rank10 leves, 3k or so for 20, 3k for 30...), but prices are still the same. A small reduction over time would have been fine, but dropping that all at once was a mistake. If this was their reasoning(To easy to make gil) then they really dropped the ball there. Maybe less new gil coming in, but those people who do still have millions will eventually have an insane advantage over everyone else.

pixelpop wrote:
also note that they lowered the cost of NPC repair and simplified PC repairing which i assume now costs less as well.
yeah i kinda think FFXIV was handing out too much money with nothing to spend it on. i mean, just look at the mage gear selections to buy from lol its horrible.

Though the cost was lowered, there is now a pretty easy way to lose a lot of durability on gear at once. Seems to balance out a bit, so not to different from before(Though nowhere near as terrible as it was at release).

But, PC repairs aren't cheaper then they were before. There are just 5 items now compared to the hundreds of possible repair mats before. Rank5 Dark Matter is 3 or 4k or something I think, which is higher than any single repair mat(from an NPC) before. I'm not saying that overall cost is higher now, I just don't think there's much of a difference between now and 2 weeks ago, besides saving a ton of inventory space.

Edited, Jul 31st 2011 2:17am by Uchitoru
____________________________
This used to be pretty fun.
#8 Jul 31 2011 at 11:56 AM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Uchitoru wrote:
KaneKitty wrote:
Uchitoru wrote:
They did lower the gil reward for Behests and Leves last patch though. I don't really know why(Economy isn't reflecting these changes) they did it, but that's all you're going to get now.


SE probably lowered gil rewards because the average player is sitting on a few (or a few tens of) million gil without having done much of anything besides ranked up. Everything in FFXIV gives far too much money as a reward and, with there being nothing much to spend it on, SE had to take some sort of action in order to lower the total amount of gil in circulation.

I don't doubt that many players have obscene amounts of gil, but I can't imagine that being the average at all.

I agree about gil being a bit to easy to get(kinda), but I never saw it as that big of a problem. Gil might have been to easy to get, but the selling prices from NPCs and players were high enough to(somewhat) match that flow.

Now there's very little gil coming in(1k average for Rank10 leves, 3k or so for 20, 3k for 30...), but prices are still the same. A small reduction over time would have been fine, but dropping that all at once was a mistake. If this was their reasoning(To easy to make gil) then they really dropped the ball there. Maybe less new gil coming in, but those people who do still have millions will eventually have an insane advantage over everyone else.

pixelpop wrote:
also note that they lowered the cost of NPC repair and simplified PC repairing which i assume now costs less as well.
yeah i kinda think FFXIV was handing out too much money with nothing to spend it on. i mean, just look at the mage gear selections to buy from lol its horrible.

Though the cost was lowered, there is now a pretty easy way to lose a lot of durability on gear at once. Seems to balance out a bit, so not to different from before(Though nowhere near as terrible as it was at release).

But, PC repairs aren't cheaper then they were before. There are just 5 items now compared to the hundreds of possible repair mats before. Rank5 Dark Matter is 3 or 4k or something I think, which is higher than any single repair mat(from an NPC) before. I'm not saying that overall cost is higher now, I just don't think there's much of a difference between now and 2 weeks ago, besides saving a ton of inventory space.


I understand your point, but I think that we have to remember that the current player-base is (hopefully) only about one tenth (or less) of the ideal number of FFXIV players. The prices may seem unchanging at the moment, when there are only a few tens of thousands of people playing, but when/if the populations increase, and a few hundred thousand return, then the reduction to gil rewards would remove billions of surplus gil that would have otherwise been introduced into the economy.

SE has to make the game playable for the future player-base, not the current minuscule one. We won't really know how things work out until we see FFXIV in its "release ready" state.
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#9 Jul 31 2011 at 2:38 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
Uchitoru wrote:
They did lower the gil reward for Behests and Leves last patch though. I don't really know why(Economy isn't reflecting these changes) they did it, but that's all you're going to get now.


SE probably lowered gil rewards because the average player is sitting on a few (or a few tens of) million gil without having done much of anything besides ranked up. Everything in FFXIV gives far too much money as a reward and, with there being nothing much to spend it on, SE had to take some sort of action in order to lower the total amount of gil in circulation.
Which only makes the problem worse, because now you're left with two distinct and separate classes of players, those who got in early and made a ton of gil, and those who didn't and have very little. They need to counter with gil sinks to get that excess money out of the economy entirely.

Edited, Jul 31st 2011 3:38pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#10 Jul 31 2011 at 2:45 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
560 posts
bsphil wrote:
KaneKitty wrote:
Uchitoru wrote:
They did lower the gil reward for Behests and Leves last patch though. I don't really know why(Economy isn't reflecting these changes) they did it, but that's all you're going to get now.


SE probably lowered gil rewards because the average player is sitting on a few (or a few tens of) million gil without having done much of anything besides ranked up. Everything in FFXIV gives far too much money as a reward and, with there being nothing much to spend it on, SE had to take some sort of action in order to lower the total amount of gil in circulation.
Which only makes the problem worse, because now you're left with two distinct and separate classes of players, those who got in early and made a ton of gil, and those who didn't and have very little. They need to counter with gil sinks to get that excess money out of the economy entirely.

Edited, Jul 31st 2011 3:38pm by bsphil


Ive got friends that are complaining their gil is actually going down for the first time simply because of repair costs. Repairs they used to get for free because people like me had a million stacks of various repair mats are asking people to provide their repair mats or pay for them now. I think this is gonna be a lot bigger gil sink than it might seem.
____________________________


#11 Jul 31 2011 at 7:43 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
New people get less gil, but they also get more Item reward from leve, quest, etc. The old people who sat on million gil had a very hard time at the start, when they had million gils but no items to be found other than waiting for one or two crafters to hit X rank to craft those. Now the situation is reverse, you get quite a lot more Items from simply doing leves/quests or go around hitting on low rank NM/do R25 Dungeon, but you have less gil. You may say the Old people have the advantage, but what does a cool R30/R35 unique weapon do to a R50? Nada. Plus, aint it supposed to be that old players have more advantage on new players in most MMO, economy wise? Because in MMO, resource is unlimited unlike real life.
____________________________




This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 18 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (18)