Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Expectations for FFXIV 1st Anniversary ?Follow

#1 Aug 02 2011 at 3:31 PM Rating: Good
46 posts
So I was just curious as to what everyone thinks SE may have in store for FFXIV's first anniversary? (If anything?)

I wonder if they will try and rush 1.19 out so we have Chocobos for an anniversary event? Or will they just tell us FFXIV is no longer free to pay and to fork over some gil...

Thoughts? Expectations? Ideas?
____________________________

#2 Aug 02 2011 at 4:05 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,000 posts
Bells.
____________________________
#3 Aug 02 2011 at 4:07 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,566 posts
I don't think 1.19 will really be "rushed" whenever it is released.

It's been worked on independently of the 1.18 content. Evident by the progress of chocobos. In the tenth letter to the editor, the "Mount System" only was being assessed for the summer. Two months later chocobos were an absolute certainty for 1.19 despite 1.18's delay.

As for what and when, I'm hesitant to hazard a guess. I tend to give the benefit of the doubt too often. But I think they'll at least have up to 1.20 released. That was the plan and all we can be sure of till Yoshi-P's next letter.
#4 Aug 02 2011 at 5:09 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
560 posts
An event where you do a bunch of stuff for a big *** hat.
____________________________


#5 Aug 02 2011 at 5:22 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,998 posts
tpgsoldier wrote:
An event where you do a bunch of stuff for a big *** hat.

This was kind of my first thought..

Really do feel like it will be close to the Anniversary events in XI, with some unique(and useless) piece of armor that might look kind of cool or horrible.

Though, I kind of wonder if there will be a real anniversary. Is there anything to celebrate exactly? The game didn't become a proper game until this year, it's birth was not a fantastic occasion.
____________________________
This used to be pretty fun.
#6 Aug 02 2011 at 5:28 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,246 posts
I would hope, that dev team will sigh with relief and say "well ****, that was one **** of a beta test period, lets get this show on the road for reals"
____________________________
Meowth!
#7 Aug 02 2011 at 5:33 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
435 posts
Uchitoru wrote:
Though, I kind of wonder if there will be a real anniversary. Is there anything to celebrate exactly? The game didn't become a proper game until this year, it's birth was not a fantastic occasion.


I think the game lasting this long with such an initial poor reception is enough to celebrate. XD


I would love a free teleport to home nation item. Once per 1-3 days, please.
#8 Aug 02 2011 at 5:36 PM Rating: Good
*
125 posts
How about a PS3 release.... Is that to much to ask for? Please SE, Please!!!
#9 Aug 02 2011 at 7:55 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,098 posts
Player statistics release or possible server merge notification...and another Onion helmet with bigger plumage.
____________________________





#10 Aug 02 2011 at 7:57 PM Rating: Default
**
924 posts
Warmech wrote:
Player statistics release or possible server merge notification...and another Onion helmet with bigger plumage.


I'd prefer a piece of armor that outlasts 10 minutes of leveling >.> Hidden R10 limit was not a nice reason to spend the extra cash imho :P Even with early access.
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18309
Quote:
Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
I endorse this thread.
#11 Aug 02 2011 at 10:19 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
Elionara wrote:
Warmech wrote:
Player statistics release or possible server merge notification...and another Onion helmet with bigger plumage.


I'd prefer a piece of armor that outlasts 10 minutes of leveling >.> Hidden R10 limit was not a nice reason to spend the extra cash imho :P Even with early access.


The less "awesome gear" spending real money gets someone the better, I think.
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#12 Aug 02 2011 at 10:47 PM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
I don't think we'll be getting any anniversaries until after the PS3 release. Or the anniversary of that date. S-E seems to be putting this game on the down low, it didn't even get any press at all at E3 this year.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#13 Aug 02 2011 at 11:13 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
UltKnightGrover wrote:
I don't think we'll be getting any anniversaries until after the PS3 release. Or the anniversary of that date. S-E seems to be putting this game on the down low, it didn't even get any press at all at E3 this year.


That would be wise; there's no reason to seek publicity until the game would actually benefit from it. XD
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#14 Aug 03 2011 at 12:23 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,098 posts
Onion Helm was the closest thing to (A big *** hat) I could think of but maybe the swimsuits will be out for the anniversary. I bet my Lalafell will have the same ugly boxer shorts my Taru had in ff11.
____________________________





#15 Aug 03 2011 at 1:03 AM Rating: Good
**
621 posts
I don't think they will celebrate this 'orrible 'oribble day
____________________________
Kweh?!

...prophesizing the golden patch since october 2010.
#16 Aug 03 2011 at 1:06 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
They will release Moogle as a playable race...

...only for GMs.
____________________________




#17 Aug 03 2011 at 3:05 AM Rating: Excellent
*
97 posts
Demon Skull Moogles, with red flames around their head and sunglasses.... and full judge armor *shudders*

By the way, I really loved the silly outfits that you could get with all the events in FFXI, I would welcome them in FFXIV also. Especialy those swimsuits look good and silly on some races :p I think those silly armors and events contribute to the overall atmosphere, even if it was completely useless. I keep reminicing (sp?) about helping newbies out in the dunes, with only your Witch hat on as Whm 75. Was funny, after a certain period people were shouting for "Naked Witch Raise at <pos>!" That's something I really miss, but makes me smile :)
____________________________
FFXI - Ragnar - Whm75 - Kujata - Retired 2007
FFXI - Monarc - Smn76/Drg76/Whm75 - Kujata - Retired 2010

FFXI currently installing again?!? - July 2012
#18 Aug 03 2011 at 3:41 AM Rating: Default
**
621 posts
MonarctheFirst wrote:
Demon Skull Moogles, with red flames around their head and sunglasses.... and full judge armor *shudders*

By the way, I really loved the silly outfits that you could get with all the events in FFXI, I would welcome them in FFXIV also. Especialy those swimsuits look good and silly on some races :p I think those silly armors and events contribute to the overall atmosphere, even if it was completely useless. I keep reminicing (sp?) about helping newbies out in the dunes, with only your Witch hat on as Whm 75. Was funny, after a certain period people were shouting for "Naked Witch Raise at <pos>!" That's something I really miss, but makes me smile :)


So what you really hope for in this game is... silly hats? Would make your day?
____________________________
Kweh?!

...prophesizing the golden patch since october 2010.
#19 Aug 03 2011 at 2:08 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
35 posts
I'd hope for a day where you can makeover yourself.

____________________________
Ffxiv name : Suzy Betlitt
#20 Aug 05 2011 at 10:42 PM Rating: Excellent
****
7,106 posts
Quote:
So what you really hope for in this game is... silly hats? Would make your day?

What you hope for the in the game and what you hope for in a silly seasonal event can be different things.

Although, if my reward for collecting all seven anniversary goblin nutsacks is an improved targeting system, I won't complain.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 21 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (21)