Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Community Team Member Says They Will Become ...Follow

#1 Aug 04 2011 at 6:41 PM Rating: Default
**
924 posts
Original Post:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/14690-HQ%E5%93%81%E3%81%A8NQ%E5%93%81%E3%82%92%E5%88%A5%E3%81%AB%E6%A4%9C%E7%B4%A2%E5%87%BA%E6%9D%A5%E3%82%8B%E3%82%88%E3%81%86%E3%81%AB%E3%81%AF%E5%87%BA%E6%9D%A5%E3%81%BE%E3%81%9B%E3%82%93%E3%81%8B%EF%BC%9F?p=274907&viewfull=1#post274907

Quote:
こんにちは。

既に予想されている方もいますが、残念ながら「サーバーが・・・」と言わなければなりません。が、開発チームの皆川と話をしてきまして、すぐには無理ながらもこの点については改善すべきという認識があり、やれるようになり次第やっていくということで今後の方向性を確認してきました。

少々首が長くなってしまうかもしれませんが、今後にご期待いただければと思います。


Translation according to google:
Quote:
Hello.

Some people will already have been anticipated, unfortunately, "server" must say. , But it Kimashi to talk to Minagawa development team, now on this point but impossible there is recognition that should be improved, we have confirmed the future direction in that we do they become so fcukable .

It may become a little long neck, I hope you appreciated our future.




I don't know what it's about, but this is one time I wish I could see that popup in my ingame chat while using autotranslator lol

Edited, Aug 4th 2011 5:46pm by Elionara

Edited, Aug 4th 2011 5:47pm by Elionara
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18309
Quote:
Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
I endorse this thread.
#2 Aug 04 2011 at 6:58 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
Huh, I never thought I'd see the day, but there it is: the grammar and the tense is spot-on, the subtle subtexts are preserved, and the original intended current runs equally well throughout the English version. It looks like Google Translate finally managed to provide a perfect translation - astounding.
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#3 Aug 04 2011 at 11:59 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
It's about listing +1 to +3 items seperately in the AH search function. Allegedly this is not possible due to "server issues", and the rep wants you to be patient because while it is worked on, it may take a while until this feature is implemented.

P.S.: If there's some really important info, either me or Reinheart will translate on the official forums. Google autotranslate has already caused more misunderstandings and drama than a bunch of trolls. So to speak, Google is the cyber-incarnation of the mothertroll.
#4 Aug 05 2011 at 4:35 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
513 posts
Rinsui wrote:
It's about listing +1 to +3 items seperately in the AH search function. Allegedly this is not possible due to "server issues", and the rep wants you to be patient because while it is worked on, it may take a while until this feature is implemented.

P.S.: If there's some really important info, either me or Reinheart will translate on the official forums. Google autotranslate has already caused more misunderstandings and drama than a bunch of trolls. So to speak, Google is the cyber-incarnation of the mothertroll.

It seems like a lot of stuff we want is difficult to implement because of how the game has been coded so far. The theory of SE cutting corners by hiring cheap Chinese programmers early in development is looking more and more likely.
____________________________
#5 Aug 05 2011 at 5:02 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
852 posts
Omena wrote:
Rinsui wrote:
It's about listing +1 to +3 items seperately in the AH search function. Allegedly this is not possible due to "server issues", and the rep wants you to be patient because while it is worked on, it may take a while until this feature is implemented.

P.S.: If there's some really important info, either me or Reinheart will translate on the official forums. Google autotranslate has already caused more misunderstandings and drama than a bunch of trolls. So to speak, Google is the cyber-incarnation of the mothertroll.

It seems like a lot of stuff we want is difficult to implement because of how the game has been coded so far. The theory of SE cutting corners by hiring cheap Chinese programmers early in development is looking more and more likely.


They did no such thing. Horsebird was merely a... working name for these new things they were testing that we now know are called chocobos.

*trollface*
____________________________
#6 Aug 05 2011 at 5:17 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
560 posts
hexaemeron wrote:
Omena wrote:
Rinsui wrote:
It's about listing +1 to +3 items seperately in the AH search function. Allegedly this is not possible due to "server issues", and the rep wants you to be patient because while it is worked on, it may take a while until this feature is implemented.

P.S.: If there's some really important info, either me or Reinheart will translate on the official forums. Google autotranslate has already caused more misunderstandings and drama than a bunch of trolls. So to speak, Google is the cyber-incarnation of the mothertroll.

It seems like a lot of stuff we want is difficult to implement because of how the game has been coded so far. The theory of SE cutting corners by hiring cheap Chinese programmers early in development is looking more and more likely.


They did no such thing. Horsebird was merely a... working name for these new things they were testing that we now know are called chocobos.

*trollface*



lol +1
____________________________


#7 Aug 05 2011 at 11:57 AM Rating: Good
***
2,010 posts
I'd like to know what on earth Google could have possibly thought that fckable would translate from.

That service shouldn't even exist.
#8 Aug 05 2011 at 2:33 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Quote:
I'd like to know what on earth Google could have possibly thought that fckable would translate from.

That service shouldn't even exist.

Most likely the "やれる", which literally is just a slang word for "doable". Unluckily its area of usage extends to women. How on earth Google came to the conclusion that this is the most likely translation in this context remains a mystery, though. Perhaps because the previous sentence contains the word "Server". And where there's a server, there must be a lot of depraved nerds who try to cover their own immaturity by talking bad about the women they will never get...? Stunning logic.
#9 Aug 05 2011 at 3:09 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,962 posts
hexaemeron wrote:
Omena wrote:
Rinsui wrote:
It's about listing +1 to +3 items seperately in the AH search function. Allegedly this is not possible due to "server issues", and the rep wants you to be patient because while it is worked on, it may take a while until this feature is implemented.

P.S.: If there's some really important info, either me or Reinheart will translate on the official forums. Google autotranslate has already caused more misunderstandings and drama than a bunch of trolls. So to speak, Google is the cyber-incarnation of the mothertroll.

It seems like a lot of stuff we want is difficult to implement because of how the game has been coded so far. The theory of SE cutting corners by hiring cheap Chinese programmers early in development is looking more and more likely.


They did no such thing. Horsebird was merely a... working name for these new things they were testing that we now know are called chocobos.

*trollface*



What gets me is there are Japanese people who didn't even seem to understand the use of kanji to represent modern words was intended to make the dialog seem archaic.

On the "Chinese programmers" comment of the above poster though... Companies cut corners all the time when coding, it has nothing to do with hiring Chinese workers. It has to do with bad decision making. If you're not cutting some corners, you'll never be done with a project. It's deciding which corners to cut, and sometimes a corner cut can come back to bite you.
#10 Aug 05 2011 at 8:22 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Rinsui wrote:
Quote:
I'd like to know what on earth Google could have possibly thought that fckable would translate from.

That service shouldn't even exist.

Most likely the "やれる", which literally is just a slang word for "doable". Unluckily its area of usage extends


I just checked... it's やれる all right. At least now I know another useful word that will help me pass the language exam.

Oh, did I forget to mention that the exam in question is required by my future employer, the "Cherry Demon's Love Hotel?"
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#11 Aug 05 2011 at 9:35 PM Rating: Good
RamseySylph wrote:
On the "Chinese programmers" comment of the above poster though... Companies cut corners all the time when coding, it has nothing to do with hiring Chinese workers. It has to do with bad decision making. If you're not cutting some corners, you'll never be done with a project. It's deciding which corners to cut, and sometimes a corner cut can come back to bite you.
We all know everything that is wrong with any SE MMO is the result of Chinese, be it programming in XIV or gil selling in XI. How dare you not just randomly blame Chinese people!
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)