Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

why does no one talk?Follow

#1 Aug 09 2011 at 9:09 AM Rating: Good
**
500 posts
it seems no one in the game wants to ever talk. even if i /tell them with a question or something they just ignore me.

biggest thing i miss from ffxi and only real complaint i have for ffxiv at the moment
____________________________
the monk i wish i had they playtime to be:
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?174022

#2 Aug 09 2011 at 9:16 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,523 posts
Random tells are creepy.
____________________________
____(>°°)D_->__(O°°)>-_<(;,,;)>_C-(°°Q)__O~~_t(°°<)_(;o0)___<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_____

#3 Aug 09 2011 at 9:19 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
31 posts
RedGalka wrote:
Random tells are creepy.


You're creepy...
____________________________
<img src="http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/Z">
#4 Aug 09 2011 at 9:25 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
because bots don't reply.

Seriously... I suspect every crafter of botting because no one replies to my requests for crafting work.
____________________________


#5 Aug 09 2011 at 9:27 AM Rating: Good
******
48,733 posts
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#6 Aug 09 2011 at 9:48 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
(| Are you alone? |) (¨v ¨ )
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#7 Aug 09 2011 at 9:52 AM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Because bots/afk players don't talk.

lolgaxe wrote:
 


Edited, Aug 9th 2011 10:53am by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#8 Aug 09 2011 at 12:42 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,004 posts
could just be people logged in and afk. if they are in town just standing there doing nothing then this is probably the case.
#9 Aug 09 2011 at 1:18 PM Rating: Good
*
219 posts
I agree with this, even people running around, doing leves etc, ignore it if you ask questions..even if they're in auto-translate! I miss the atmosphere of FFXI...and the casino's!
____________________________
Spikeo 75 RDM - Gilgamesh - Retired
#10 Aug 09 2011 at 2:02 PM Rating: Excellent
**
284 posts
Switch to Raubanastre Ill talk to ya all **** day lol.
#11 Aug 09 2011 at 2:41 PM Rating: Good
12 posts
on Cornelius people don't even look at you lol
#12 Aug 09 2011 at 3:39 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
513 posts
SpikeoElward wrote:
...and the casino's!

Eww! You miss the casinos? Those things turned Lower Jeuno into scam spam ****.
____________________________
#13 Aug 09 2011 at 5:10 PM Rating: Good
*
230 posts
Probably because the chat system sucks and is messy.
#14 Aug 09 2011 at 5:20 PM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
Yeah, /telling a first and last name is a very big hassle.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#15 Aug 09 2011 at 5:29 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
179 posts
It's always been this way
____________________________
FFXIV: Tebhi Liontamer 37 Elezen Marauder Besaid
FFXI: Luk 75 Hume Beastmaster Gilgamesh / Tehbst 85 Taru Beastmaster Ifrit
#16 Aug 09 2011 at 5:33 PM Rating: Excellent
**
929 posts
It could just be that most active players are in Linkshells and tend to talk amongst themselves in LS chat. I see people shouting for parties or repairs when I am in town but the Say channel isn't used much, which can look like it is quiet or that no one is talking, when in actual fact my LS chat is blazing away. I rarely use channels other than LS or Party.
#17 Aug 09 2011 at 5:51 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
164 posts
i thought this was true in all mmo's even ffxi...

ppl stick to their own universally except for that one wandering chatterbox that everyone ignores delibrately
____________________________


#18 Aug 09 2011 at 6:38 PM Rating: Decent
*
200 posts
i think we need a /Global chat or /Regional chat as an option. looking at other MMO's these chat options are the most widely used for spamming, complaining, cyber-bullying, lolz, and occasional suicide notices.
#19 Aug 09 2011 at 6:49 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
People talk in ffxi? Cause yesterday, I tried ffxi for the first time ever (LS mate talked me into it), and nobody talk in Windhurst.
____________________________




#20 Aug 09 2011 at 7:32 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Khornette wrote:
People talk in ffxi? Cause yesterday, I tried ffxi for the first time ever (LS mate talked me into it), and nobody talk in Windhurst.


Maybe that's because you were spelling the name of their town wrong.
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#21 Aug 09 2011 at 7:34 PM Rating: Decent
13 posts
Khornette wrote:
People talk in ffxi? Cause yesterday, I tried ffxi for the first time ever (LS mate talked me into it), and nobody talk in Windhurst.


Well the starter cities are going to be quiet but FFXI is quite a bit more lively in the city people are currently congregating in usually compared to FFXIV.
#22 Aug 09 2011 at 7:35 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
Khornette wrote:
People talk in ffxi? Cause yesterday, I tried ffxi for the first time ever (LS mate talked me into it), and nobody talk in Windhurst.


go to PJ. People never shut up there.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#23 Aug 09 2011 at 7:41 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,998 posts
Khornette wrote:
People talk in ffxi? Cause yesterday, I tried ffxi for the first time ever (LS mate talked me into it), and nobody talk in Windhurst.

People talk all the time in XI. But, it's pretty much only in Port Jeuno. The starter cities are as dead as LL and Gridania are in XIV. Pretty much everything you could possibly need is in this one zone, so there's little reason to go anywhere else.
There aren't many new players joining XI anymore, so there's not many in the home cities, and just like we all pretty much move to Ul'Dah at 20, everyone basically moves to Jeuno at the same level.

I do miss seeing people talk in XIV(compared to XI). For those without a ls, not seeing any interactions with other players over a long period of time makes the game pretty **** lonely.
But a lot of people started the game with friends from XI, or WoW, or whatever, or started playing with real life friends etc. They came in to the game with a bunch of people to talk to, so, though many may have quit by now, they have no need to start talking to others. It sucks, but that's just how it is I guess.

A month ago or so, I joined my first behest with like, other people. This was my first actual party for anything since ever. I was kind of excited to finally getting to do stuff with other people after so long.
No one talked. 10 minutes of absolute silence and no responses at all. Was a bit sad really(Only one of them wasn't an english speaking player).
If a friend is talking to you, and at the same time a random person you've never met is talking to you, which are you likely to pay more attention to?

Besides all of that, most of the other reasons were already mentioned in the thread so far.
Chat system kinda sucks in general.
It's a bit of a pain to send tells to first and last names. Ctrl+R works of course, but not on that initial tell. I imagine most people would rather not bother with it at all compared to typing out Cataclysm Mhakaraca(I don't know the guy, it's just a really long complicated name to type).
People really aren't that social in MMO's. They find a group, just like in life, and kind of stick to it for as long as possible.


Lukky wrote:
It's always been this way

For the first month or so after release, I noticed a lot of people just talking with everyone they met. It was nothing like it is now, so for Rabanstre at least, I can't say this is true.
____________________________
This used to be pretty fun.
#24 Aug 09 2011 at 8:02 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
I get Japanese talk to me in FFXIV all the time, because of my name. Sad thing is, (I can't speak any Japanese).
____________________________




#25 Aug 09 2011 at 8:12 PM Rating: Excellent
*
176 posts
Funny that, in other games I see ppl talking in public chat all the time and I wish they'd just shut up or find a room or something. In this game, you could hear a pin drop if it weren't for the constant pitter patter of your own feet.
____________________________

TERA looks tasty...
#26 Aug 09 2011 at 10:00 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,878 posts
Pretty much the chat system is **** and is a pain in the *** to send a tell. I really don't mean to be rude in any way, but while crafting and fishing is *easy*, it is even more of a pain in the *** to chat while crafting.
____________________________
OniElvaan the Eccentric wrote: I hate my cat so ******* much right now, not because she decided to have her kittens at 5am in my bed, that happens. No I hate her because she decided to have her kittens at 5am in my bed on my chest...

#27 Aug 10 2011 at 12:25 AM Rating: Good
**
353 posts
Aye this isnt like 11 where a craft takes a single action. This one involves tons of lame enter mashing. Crafting in this game is worse.
#28 Aug 10 2011 at 1:28 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
852 posts
Well, I mean... what would you talk about?
____________________________
#29 Aug 10 2011 at 1:47 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
291 posts
Pfft, we talk all the time on Rabanastre. We're a friendly bunch.
#30 Aug 10 2011 at 3:50 AM Rating: Good
47 posts
I saw someone eat some food yesterday and asked how you used food as i couldn't work it out. lol. got a prompt response, maybe i was lucky.

Also i would suggest ensuring you use the auto translate function. only other answer could be whatever you was asking the people they didnt know the answer to so they just kept quiet.
#31 Aug 10 2011 at 8:24 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
65 posts
#32 Aug 10 2011 at 8:52 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
I have, much like FFXI, a great time with Japanese players. They are often friendly and helpful and I love the game of trying to accomplish a task using only auto-translate. I teamed up for a quest with a JP and it was lots of fun.
____________________________


#33 Aug 22 2011 at 4:47 AM Rating: Decent
23 posts
This game would be a lot more fun if people actually knew what a keyboard was for, I'll come back to this game when it has a better community. Which it probably won't ever have a better community. So I guess I'm gone forever. I really like this game but it turns me away because no one ever talks in game.
#34 Aug 22 2011 at 5:21 AM Rating: Decent
3 posts
Lots of people play with gamepads due to poor UI for PC. Might be too lazy to move their hands to the keyboard
#35 Aug 22 2011 at 6:52 AM Rating: Good
*
116 posts
It may also be that a lot of players haven't customized their chat windows adequately.

Personally I've missed more than a few tells from being in battle or in the middle of a wall of NPC dialog; the tell can just scroll by at sonic speeds without you being able to even tell who its from.

Sadly, there's no way to scroll back through the chat log when you're using a controller either.
____________________________
FFXIV :: Valdai Devarda \ Lindblum Sargatanas "The Thread Closer"
.............................................................................................................
#36 Aug 22 2011 at 11:17 AM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
Anpippin wrote:
I really like this game but it turns me away because no one ever talks in game.


Man people are talking all the time in my LS. Honestly, I am glad people are not shouting racist, sexist comments all the time, which is what you get when people "talk" more.

I have a lot of complaints about this game but people chat just fine, they just prefer not to do it in common chat. I mean seriously - join a linkshell - that is where people talk.

If you are not willing to be friendly and join a linkshell - then of course no one will talk to you.

Your poor attitude "NO ONE WANTS TO BE MY FRIEND, I QUIT!" is the problem here - not the game or the community.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#37 Aug 22 2011 at 11:20 AM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
Bakkasan wrote:
Pretty much the chat system is sh*t and is a pain in the *** to send a tell. I really don't mean to be rude in any way, but while crafting and fishing is *easy*, it is even more of a pain in the *** to chat while crafting.


No actually chatting while fishing is a good way to lose everything since you have only a few seconds after you get a bite to initiate the minigame or you automatically lose the fish.

Chatting while crafting is much easier. As far as I can tell you have until the bar runs out to do something - and even if it runs out, at worst you lose a lil durability. With most spam crafts, who even cares?
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#38 Aug 22 2011 at 12:50 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
852 posts
Olorinus wrote:
Anpippin wrote:
I really like this game but it turns me away because no one ever talks in game.


Man people are talking all the time in my LS. Honestly, I am glad people are not shouting racist, sexist comments all the time, which is what you get when people "talk" more.

I have a lot of complaints about this game but people chat just fine, they just prefer not to do it in common chat. I mean seriously - join a linkshell - that is where people talk.

If you are not willing to be friendly and join a linkshell - then of course no one will talk to you.

Your poor attitude "NO ONE WANTS TO BE MY FRIEND, I QUIT!" is the problem here - not the game or the community.



Honestly, I couldn't disagree more. This is something that is inherited from FFXI. You may not like everything said in a regional/global chat, but it's a constant pulse of life in a game when people are speaking with each other all the time.

Linkshell = "I'm cliquish and I only talk in my linkshell." -- I cannot express to you how exciting it is to enter a game where no one talks and it's as quiet as a tomb. Not exactly inviting or friendly, is it?
____________________________
#39 Aug 22 2011 at 1:27 PM Rating: Excellent
People talk all the time. I talk to anyone who asks a question. In Ul'dah there are people using /say quite a bit.

Don't expect everyone to drop what they are doing to stop and answer your questions. Considering the tone of your post, if you are asking questions as if you are entitled to a reply, people will be far more likely to ignore you.

If you are polite, someone will answer you. If you are running around spamming shouts then you get nothing.

Some people are AFK in cities, don't expect a reply to a /tell from everyone. Newbie friendly LS are all over the place. Join a LS and ask your questions there.

Players have directed newbies to the Market Wards about 1000 times by now. If you are quitting because no one will hold your hand then FFXIV is not for you. Besides which, someone WILL hold your hand if you ask around politely.


#40 Aug 22 2011 at 1:57 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
97 posts
SmashingtonWho wrote:
People talk all the time. I talk to anyone who asks a question. In Ul'dah there are people using /say quite a bit.

Don't expect everyone to drop what they are doing to stop and answer your questions. Considering the tone of your post, if you are asking questions as if you are entitled to a reply, people will be far more likely to ignore you.

If you are polite, someone will answer you. If you are running around spamming shouts then you get nothing.

Some people are AFK in cities, don't expect a reply to a /tell from everyone. Newbie friendly LS are all over the place. Join a LS and ask your questions there.

Players have directed newbies to the Market Wards about 1000 times by now. If you are quitting because no one will hold your hand then FFXIV is not for you. Besides which, someone WILL hold your hand if you ask around politely.



+1
I am more than happy to help people out, and I talk quite a bit, even when fishing and crafting; but only if the person seems genuine. Its when I start to see: "where where where, how how how, me me me" I stop.
#41 Aug 22 2011 at 2:08 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,949 posts
hexaemeron wrote:
I cannot express to you how exciting it is to enter a game where no one talks and it's as quiet as a tomb. Not exactly inviting or friendly, is it?

I don't get that attitude... When I buy and start playing a new MMO, I'm usually too busy trying to explore the world, figure out the game and level up to care about the people around me. Chances are, I'll remove myself from the general and trade channel as soon as I can.

I'll start talking with people as I grow in levels, when I meet them around, when I group up for quests or behest or whatever other system the game has to make people socialize.

But then again, according to the Bartle test, I'm not a socializer, so nothing to see here, I guess.

(On another note, I am quite social and friendly and often answer random stranger questions or fix their gear, and such.)
____________________________
FFXIV: Cloe Delisle Scholar, officer of the SWAGGER Free company, Sargatanas server.
#42 Aug 22 2011 at 2:40 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
852 posts
Docent42 wrote:
hexaemeron wrote:
I cannot express to you how exciting it is to enter a game where no one talks and it's as quiet as a tomb. Not exactly inviting or friendly, is it?

I don't get that attitude... When I buy and start playing a new MMO, I'm usually too busy trying to explore the world, figure out the game and level up to care about the people around me. Chances are, I'll remove myself from the general and trade channel as soon as I can.

I'll start talking with people as I grow in levels, when I meet them around, when I group up for quests or behest or whatever other system the game has to make people socialize.

But then again, according to the Bartle test, I'm not a socializer, so nothing to see here, I guess.

(On another note, I am quite social and friendly and often answer random stranger questions or fix their gear, and such.)


You don't get that in a supposed Massively Multiplayer Online game, seeing people interact and converse and discuss the game and other things (short of an RP server) is basically a big part of the experience? I want to go into a brand new world that feels fully-realized and populated. That energy gives the world vitality and a feeling of being truly massive.

If I wanted to ignore everyone, I'd go play Oblivion. Part of learning about the game/world is learning about who else is in it, at least for me. A silent MMO is offputting and kind of pointless to me.
____________________________
#43 Aug 22 2011 at 3:26 PM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
hexaemeron wrote:
Docent42 wrote:
hexaemeron wrote:
I cannot express to you how exciting it is to enter a game where no one talks and it's as quiet as a tomb. Not exactly inviting or friendly, is it?

I don't get that attitude... When I buy and start playing a new MMO, I'm usually too busy trying to explore the world, figure out the game and level up to care about the people around me. Chances are, I'll remove myself from the general and trade channel as soon as I can.

I'll start talking with people as I grow in levels, when I meet them around, when I group up for quests or behest or whatever other system the game has to make people socialize.

But then again, according to the Bartle test, I'm not a socializer, so nothing to see here, I guess.

(On another note, I am quite social and friendly and often answer random stranger questions or fix their gear, and such.)


You don't get that in a supposed Massively Multiplayer Online game, seeing people interact and converse and discuss the game and other things (short of an RP server) is basically a big part of the experience? I want to go into a brand new world that feels fully-realized and populated. That energy gives the world vitality and a feeling of being truly massive.

If I wanted to ignore everyone, I'd go play Oblivion. Part of learning about the game/world is learning about who else is in it, at least for me. A silent MMO is offputting and kind of pointless to me.


I'm with both of ya on that 1 really. It helps to see a lot of stuff going on even if you don't understand it. Like when I first got into XI. I'm wandering around Bastok figuring the game out and seeing all these shouts. Thinking "Teleport-Dem, Teleport-Holla? WTF does that mean??" But seeing a lot of interaction goin' on was good. Though I did something like Docent mentions. Kept to myself and learned how to play. Figured out about quests & missions, started to get the hang of it, then started interacting more. Learning about & joining linkshells and parties.

But with anything involving large amounts of people, there's gonna be some clashes of personalities too. Some people want/need constant interaction or they lose interest(Jay) while others are the quiet types(Silent Bob). Most people are a mix, but are one or the other the majority of the time. It's all about timing with me. Sometimes I'll annoy people with endless chatter and other times I may be annoyingly too quiet.

Similar to grouping vs solo or hoping to get repairs done, not everyone is going to say yes, join in, or help you out. And they shouldn't be expected to. But you can't force everyone to do what you'd like them to do all the time because they're people playing the game the way they want also. Just gotta shrug it off and appreciate the moments when it works out the way you'd like it.
____________________________

#44 Aug 22 2011 at 6:08 PM Rating: Excellent
****
9,526 posts
hexaemeron wrote:


You don't get that in a supposed Massively Multiplayer Online game, seeing people interact and converse and discuss the game and other things (short of an RP server) is basically a big part of the experience? I want to go into a brand new world that feels fully-realized and populated. That energy gives the world vitality and a feeling of being truly massive.


If people actually talked about anything worth hearing it would be one thing - but in any game I've ever played with public channels, you would find more edifying commentary in a washroom stall in a greyhound bus station... which is to say, I really don't need to log into a massive world and have my immersion destroyed by people being racist, sexist, homophobic twats.

It is actually quite nice to be able to log in to XIV and not have a running commentary - even on things that I might find interesting... but yeah. I don't play games to listen to 15 year old boys talk about their weenies and their assorted ignorances and bigotries.


Edited, Aug 22nd 2011 5:08pm by Olorinus
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#45 Aug 22 2011 at 6:31 PM Rating: Excellent
****
4,153 posts
Olorinus wrote:
I don't play games to listen to 15 year old boys talk about their weenies and their assorted ignorances and bigotries.

You mean you don't wanna hear about my weenie? The nerve...


____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#46 Aug 22 2011 at 7:24 PM Rating: Decent
23 posts
Olorinus wrote:
Anpippin wrote:
I really like this game but it turns me away because no one ever talks in game.


Man people are talking all the time in my LS. Honestly, I am glad people are not shouting racist, sexist comments all the time, which is what you get when people "talk" more.

I have a lot of complaints about this game but people chat just fine, they just prefer not to do it in common chat. I mean seriously - join a linkshell - that is where people talk.

If you are not willing to be friendly and join a linkshell - then of course no one will talk to you.

Your poor attitude "NO ONE WANTS TO BE MY FRIEND, I QUIT!" is the problem here - not the game or the community.

Like I said no one will ever talk, and I'm polite too. So therefore if no one will talk then I can't join a linkshell, I've asked around in game and on the forums that I'm looking for a linkshell, but no one ever talks to me or invites me to a linkshell.
#47 Aug 22 2011 at 9:27 PM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
I ignore people asking for linkshells despite being one who can invite them to 1, but that's mainly because I assume they're asking for a "good" one. = D

The only one I'm in is mostly people who left completely or rarely hop on once in a while. Us remaining regulars mainly use it to chit chat with each other a bit, but have other linkshells for serious stuff. I figure a new player would be better off if I don't invite them.
____________________________

#48 Aug 22 2011 at 11:06 PM Rating: Good
I am always happy to chat in game. I am usually crafting and enjoy the conversation to pass the time. Feel free to /tell me in game.

Edited, Aug 23rd 2011 1:07am by StateAlchemist2
____________________________
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Data Center: Primal; Server: Ultros; Free Company: The Kraken Club; Grand Company: The Maelstrom; Chocobo: Kweh
#49 Aug 23 2011 at 1:05 AM Rating: Good
**
465 posts
Khornette wrote:
I get Japanese talk to me in FFXIV all the time, because of my name. Sad thing is, (I can't speak any Japanese).

I don't speak much of it, but about half of my Friend List is Japanese, and I've been in several Japanese shells. This has probably come about because most of my (and maybe all) servers are Japanese players. It can be a chore, but anyone can memorize a handful of words and use google & babelfish for more complex sentences. I know, using sites like that can give you some wonky translations..

However, I've found if you use babelfsh to translate what you are trying to say, and use google translate to read what is being said, that's the most accurate combination (at least for Japanese). I'd recommend feeding what you've come up with babelfish into google before actually saying it in-game - it's a helpful check to make.
____________________________
Lodestone
#50 Aug 23 2011 at 4:14 AM Rating: Good
3 posts
The chatter will pick up when the game does. More content equals more things to talk about in-game. More people will join the game, the economy will see a boost, more questions will get asked, more repair requests will be shouted and more spam will occur in the chats.

I do agree that some of the LS clique stuff overflowed from FFXI, but I'd say it also has a lot to do with the beginning state of this game. FFXIV lost A LOT of players at launch when the game wasn't up to par and its likely that the ones who didn't leave banded together and formed their own LS and thus are just used to talking to eachother. Population only started to increase very recently, so its foolish to expect a fully-realized MMO experience in a game that is 1 year old with very few players.

And joining a LS actually is not that hard. I see posts all the time here and at the official forums, specifically in server-specific forums, requesting new members join their LS. If you spend some time actually looking, you'll find a group to take you in.

edited: corrected mistype

Edited, Aug 23rd 2011 6:16am by aviorum
#51 Aug 23 2011 at 10:40 AM Rating: Good
*
158 posts
if this game takes off, there'll be complaints of people talking too much.

ex.: "omglrn2playscrubadub!"
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)