Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

about the mp cost adjustment in 1.19Follow

#1 Aug 15 2011 at 4:50 PM Rating: Decent
*
94 posts
i cant even imagine them raising it but does anybody else believe they will lower it near what it used to be? right now its horrible and broken. you can do like... 3 cure 3's before your out of mp. thats never gonna work unless they lower that ALOT. anybody agree?
#2 Aug 15 2011 at 4:55 PM Rating: Decent
****
9,526 posts
darkheavenx wrote:
i cant even imagine them raising it but does anybody else believe they will lower it near what it used to be? right now its horrible and broken. you can do like... 3 cure 3's before your out of mp. thats never gonna work unless they lower that ALOT. anybody agree?


I agree... I refuse to play mages currently... but I doubt they will change it.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#3 Aug 15 2011 at 4:59 PM Rating: Decent
*
94 posts
same here it wasnt that easy to be a mage before atleast not solo. now its just plain retarded. i read in the producer letter that there changing something with the mp cost but it doesent say raise or lower anywhere. which honestly has me worried. anytime se doesent mention how there chnaging something it usually changes for the worse. and i cant even imagine mage being playable with the mp cost any higher.
#4 Aug 15 2011 at 5:03 PM Rating: Good
**
941 posts
Quote:
i cant even imagine them raising it but does anybody else believe they will lower it near what it used to be? right now its horrible and broken. you can do like... 3 cure 3's before your out of mp. thats never gonna work unless they lower that ALOT. anybody agree?


I don't think it's going to go up or down for cure spells - those have already been adjusted. If anything did happen - they would lower them slightly to stem some of the outcry from people who think there shouldn't even be an MP bar to begin with.

I think they're going to adjusting nuking spells next. MP changes kind of go hand in hand with "battle/damage algorithm" changes I feel. If they're changing the way damage happens or is calculated - there's probably going to be some sort of MP adjusting somewhere for some nukes, debuffs, etc. They will probably swap/add/remove some spells as well.

In line with that thinking - I do believe they will be adding a form of MP regen for casters beyond sitting idle - I think they had mentioned wanting to prevent casters from having to enter Active Mode but said that would be difficult to implement because so many things tie into it. If this is a spell, a new "Job" ability/spell/trait - who knows.
#5 Aug 15 2011 at 5:05 PM Rating: Decent
*
94 posts
only being able to cast between 5-9 cure spells without regening mp wont work in partys at all. youd have a minute or so o downtime between each fight. wed all level extremely slow then.
#6 Aug 15 2011 at 5:09 PM Rating: Good
*
230 posts
One thing they could do if they plan to keep the mp cost as it is now; They could make consumables more effective(ethers and such). Right now if you run out of mp and already used your mp refresh skill your ******* Either that or give us aoe siphon mp again.
#7 Aug 15 2011 at 5:10 PM Rating: Decent
*
94 posts
yeah cuz if im not mistaken the ethers and such after you use them once u have to wait a ridiculous amount of time to use them again. which makes them nearly useless.
#8 Aug 15 2011 at 5:27 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
62 posts
I have to agree that they're probably going to raise the cost of a few more spells. Currently, Stoneskin is a steal (24mp for Stoneskin II which negates the same or more damage than a Cure II heals (AOE to boot)--however, casting time vs. mp regen at rest has to be taken into account--stoneskin still comes out on top). The nukes are also insanely cheap at the moment. As for cures, well, they are certainly more expensive than they once were--I'd say they overadjusted, but Cures are currently closer to what they should be than they were before the cost was increased. I would like to see a 10-15% decrease in casting cost, but I won't hold my breath. Instead I will stat Mind, wear mp gear, eat mp food, cast stoneskin when practical, and rest mp when possible.
#9 Aug 15 2011 at 5:51 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,530 posts
Yeah, MP costs are so broken that people can only run dungeons just fine! I, for one, am casting my vote to give players unlimited MP because we all know that if you can't spam something non-stop, it's broken. Who cares whether jobs that will alter our stats and abilities are on the way, I say that we need change - change drastically in the other direction and immediately.


Edited, Aug 15th 2011 7:53pm by KaneKitty
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#10 Aug 15 2011 at 6:01 PM Rating: Good
*
94 posts
id just like it to be more balanced like 11 was yah know?
#11 Aug 15 2011 at 6:11 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
In a simple grind party, there are more ways to get back HP than just Mage heals. Tbh before the patch skills like Surge, Bloodbath or Second Wind are pretty much useless if people can cross-class Cure III/Sacrifice III on their DoW. They might be slightly reducing MP cost for heal a bit downward, and raise some offensive spell upward while increasing their potency, like what they did with Banish and Scourge.

I have 60 MND on my CON at r40 and I still solo fine (can do 12 Cure II before run out of MP, and that without +MP gear), always been more on the offensive than healer type.
____________________________




#12 Aug 15 2011 at 6:59 PM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
I won't be surprised if jobs have lower MP costs as a trait. Remember, classes are meant for solo/small groups. Not parties.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#13 Aug 15 2011 at 7:06 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,566 posts
I don't know if they'll lower it just yet. 1.19 will make stats matter and then there is the eventual class changes in 1.20 and the job specialties whenever they come.

The MP cost is as it is for a reason, we just unfortunately have to wait six or so months to find out why.
#14 Aug 15 2011 at 9:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,000 posts
I'm actually fairly satisfied with MP management for parties at the moment. It's definitely challenging, but not impossible. Solo is a different story though...

I think I remember reading something about mages being able to cast in passive mode eventually, which would probably be enough to balance things perfectly...

____________________________
#15 Aug 16 2011 at 12:56 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
50 posts
A lot of people seem to really like the really high MP costs for healing so I am afraid we might be stuck with it, though I hope they will lower them a little. They were too low before, but I agree that they are a little over-the-top now. But I am sort of afraid that they are just planning to raise the MP costs of the other spells. ;_;

Though if we could cast in passive mode, that would be ok I think. I am just trusting (hoping) that SE will do something in the upcoming patches that will make me go, "oh, so that's why they raised MP costs so much, awesome!" Because right now I may have gotten used to the new MP costs, but I still don't like it. Though my CON and THM are equally ranked, it seems that the main thing people want me to do is heal since one CON does not have the same healing power that a pre-1.18 mage had and thus it is beneficial to have more.

Just my 2 cents! :) Now watch me get rated down for saying I don't like the new MP costs. ;_;
#16 Aug 16 2011 at 2:37 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
****
4,506 posts
It's making curing on other jobs other than mages extremely difficult. Not main-healing mind you, but for solo. The reduced MP pool lets you cast one, maybe two, cures and that's it. I'm not asking us to be solo gods, but right now every single person that is not a troll can see how hard it is to A) Find a healer for their group after these changes (not many like playing as such anymore) and B) End up dying to some retarded monster that simply outlasts you due to having substantial HP but despite that doesnt hit you for more than 30~40 per round.

You dont have to be a rocket scientist to see it's not working well for a lot of people. But as always, people dont want to let others have something if it only troubles them themselves slightly.
____________________________
[XI] Surivere of Valefor
[XIV] Sir Surian Bedivere of Behemoth
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2401553/
#17 Aug 16 2011 at 3:46 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,523 posts
What a load of bull. Other classes just need to start using their defenses like Featherfoot and Foresight + Fracture & Haymaker , Second Wind, Blood Bath, Prime Conditioning. As a melee you can still kill something that's 10 ranks higher than yourself.

Edited, Aug 16th 2011 11:48am by RedGalka
____________________________
____(>°°)D_->__(O°°)>-_<(;,,;)>_C-(°°Q)__O~~_t(°°<)_(;o0)___<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_____

#18 Aug 16 2011 at 4:07 AM Rating: Good
***
1,146 posts
I think they are going to reduce the ammount of MP required for healing spells a bit but also increase the MP cost for other spells.
It's just a matter of balancing and we might see further adjustments in the future.

At the moment we're playing at a construction site. Things change, the basic structures are almost finished but we still can't see how it will look like when everything is finished. We just see that it's getting closer to that point.
____________________________

Final Fantasy XI
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Name: Kyana (retired)
Jobs: THF75 PLD70 BST70

#19 Aug 16 2011 at 6:15 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
437 posts
They are working on being able to cast while in passive mode which should help mp regen. Its not that broken. Lets not go back to the spamming cures please. Ride the wave of changes and move forwards not back.
____________________________

Metin - Phoenix - BLM75 WHM48 Retired

http://cojenova.enjin.com/ff14forum

#20 Aug 16 2011 at 7:34 AM Rating: Decent
**
821 posts
I can do at least 20 Cure 3s before I'm out of MP and I'm not even CON main...besides, its not broken...hate on it is broken(when it comes to Curaga)...thats all. The rest is perfectly fine.

I don't think the MP cost needs to be reduced at all cost, but reducing it by 20%ish I'd be ok with as well. Just don't make it 30MP again...

Edited, Aug 16th 2011 1:35pm by Shezard
#21 Aug 16 2011 at 7:59 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
513 posts
RedGalka wrote:
What a load of bull. Other classes just need to start using their defenses like Featherfoot and Foresight + Fracture & Haymaker , Second Wind, Blood Bath, Prime Conditioning. As a melee you can still kill something that's 10 ranks higher than yourself.

This. Player characters are still too strong for the game's SP calculation. I'm sure we weren't intended to be able to solo mobs at the SP cap as that makes improved killing speed the only benefit to parties.

Even with the high MP cost, I can grinds mobs 5-10 ranks above me almost indefinitely by simply using Stygian Spikes and melee abilities to support my curing.

Still, right now people seem to struggle with Darkhold unless they bring at least three conjurers, which isn't right.
____________________________
#22 Aug 16 2011 at 10:05 AM Rating: Good
***
1,949 posts
KojiroSoma wrote:
It's making curing on other jobs other than mages extremely difficult. Not main-healing mind you, but for solo. The reduced MP pool lets you cast one, maybe two, cures and that's it. I'm not asking us to be solo gods

Then drop some points into Mind for the extra cure potency and extra mana.
Use your defensive abilities.
Stop fighting stuff that's above 10 ranks above you.
If you follow those 3 instructions and still die repeatedly or suffer from extended downtime, you should rethink your strategy.
____________________________
FFXIV: Cloe Delisle Scholar, officer of the SWAGGER Free company, Sargatanas server.
#23 Aug 16 2011 at 11:06 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
279 posts
I will try to keep the flaming to minimal but seriously this game is extremely easy mode before the mp balance in the game. I mean being able to basically spam cure/sacrifice left and right for almost no mp cost, also DoW being able to cure spam close to a mage was one of the many things that was/is broken about this game( including physical level 50 with low job level being at full power/archer class and etc steam rolling through the entire game with level 1 arrow or almost no equipment,etc).

I am a DoM main and have been playing for a while to say keeping mp is extremely easy in this game, specially with siphon mp/Stygian spikes/6 minute cure >50% mp skills/etc. I rarely go below 50% mp if i am curing or nuking, and only times i even use my 6 minute mp skill is if i am fighting things 20 levels higher with friends, which we also kill anyways. There is also a ton of class abilities melee classes or other party members can use to keep themselves alive and ease with burden.

only people complaining about this are the ones that want "easy mode" and i am sorry to use the word but spam cure 3 for like 30 mp infinitely and be able to solo anything without any skill or effort or balance, or DoW.

In reality I wish they remove mp from DoW or even lower their total mp because they shouldn't be able to have almost as much mp as a mage( comparing my 35 conjurer with level 20-50 friends who have almost as much mp as me and heal for almost the same).
____________________________
I Am Alpha And Omega
The Beginning And The End
The First And The Last
--------------------------
DRG/WAR-http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?57308
SMN/WHM- http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?57308
#24 Aug 16 2011 at 11:25 AM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
I would have had no problem with a slight increase in cure cost and the removal or significant weakening of AOE cures.

They just went overboard to the point where playing a mage is no longer fun for me. I liked being able to cast something besides cure as a conjurer. I actually enjoyed the fact that I could nuke a bit and still keep my party healed.

If I feel like casting cure non stop and nothing else, I will play WHM in abyssea - cause at least I don't need to stand around doing nothing half the time waiting for MP, and guess what, main healing 18 people is challenge enough without the bullcrap artificial challenge of overpriced cures.

I stand by what I have said in the past - the ridiculous cost of cures is evidence that this development team has a serious lack of imagination when it comes to creating challenge.

Get that, I don't deny it is more "challenging" now - but it is at the cost of gimping mage classes. I'm glad that you don't feel gimp if that is the case, but I have lots of classes leveled and now it is just stupid to try to solo with a mage... whereas my pug can kill stuff non stop without resting - my mages are a pain to play.

And yeah, guess what, not every person who plays a mage wants to be a slave to parties/cure bot. I happen to be one of them. And if jobs are for parties - why does it suck to solo mages so much? So mage classes are for parties and mage jobs are for parties? So only melee should be able to enjoyably solo? That's garbage.

You know what would have made the game challenging? Is if TP only regained outside of battle. So melee classes would have to manage their TP instead of spamming all their skills like they can now.

Does that sound ridiculous? Cause guess what - arguing the same thing about MP is ridiculous.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#25 Aug 16 2011 at 1:20 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,523 posts
Quote:
And yeah, guess what, not every person who plays a mage wants to be a slave to parties/cure bot. I happen to be one of them. And if jobs are for parties - why does it suck to solo mages so much? So mage classes are for parties and mage jobs are for parties? So only melee should be able to enjoyably solo? That's garbage.


What...

It's easier to solo on mage than on melee. Do you even play? Why is this rated excellent.
____________________________
____(>°°)D_->__(O°°)>-_<(;,,;)>_C-(°°Q)__O~~_t(°°<)_(;o0)___<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_____

#26 Aug 16 2011 at 1:35 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,010 posts
Iron Chef Olorinus wrote:
You know what would have made the game challenging? Is if TP only regained outside of battle. So melee classes would have to manage their TP instead of spamming all their skills like they can now.


It's actually a good suggestion. I can't tell you how many arguments I had over in the XI feedback forums over the years regarding the lack of tradeoff for melee classes damage versus BLM. Everyone is comfortable with a BLM not being able to spam nukes because of MP limitations, but for some reason everyone was up in arms at the suggestion that a Warrior should get some sort of fatigue after swinging that heavy axe nonstop. Instead, melee classes get more powerful in the form of TP and limit breaks. In the end, the game became Melee Fantasy XI until changes were made that required these outcast classes again.

It's a little ridiculous, and the classes do need to be more balanced. If melee don't have a tradeoff, why do mages?

It's just not fair.
#27 Aug 16 2011 at 1:35 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,949 posts
A few tips to all the mages who are playing.

1) Stop curing, Start casting Stoneskin.

2) Stop using Shock spikes, Start using Stygian Spikes.

3) Cast Siphon MP. On dead bodies, not live enemies.

You can still nuke, dart, WS and cure an entire party fighting stuff 15 ranks above them as a lone conjurer AND have free time and mana to mess around.

If you don't, maybe your melee need to add self-heals and defensive tools on their bars.

Also, cast Stoneskin.

Did I say to cast Stoneskin? I do think I did, but I don't think I stressed the fact enough just yet.

Cast Stoneskin. On cooldown.
____________________________
FFXIV: Cloe Delisle Scholar, officer of the SWAGGER Free company, Sargatanas server.
#28 Aug 16 2011 at 2:45 PM Rating: Decent
****
9,526 posts
Torrence wrote:
Iron Chef Olorinus wrote:
You know what would have made the game challenging? Is if TP only regained outside of battle. So melee classes would have to manage their TP instead of spamming all their skills like they can now.


It's actually a good suggestion. I can't tell you how many arguments I had over in the XI feedback forums over the years regarding the lack of tradeoff for melee classes damage versus BLM. Everyone is comfortable with a BLM not being able to spam nukes because of MP limitations, but for some reason everyone was up in arms at the suggestion that a Warrior should get some sort of fatigue after swinging that heavy axe nonstop. Instead, melee classes get more powerful in the form of TP and limit breaks. In the end, the game became Melee Fantasy XI until changes were made that required these outcast classes again.

It's a little ridiculous, and the classes do need to be more balanced. If melee don't have a tradeoff, why do mages?

It's just not fair.


Thank you for acknowledging my argument. I mean here I am playing PUG and I usually am using one TP move after the other with hardly any downtime between them. I don't have to ration it out, I don't have to stand around waiting for anything to refill - it is just go go go go go.

Then as a mage... what, I am supposed to beat crap to death with my stick? Crikes, if I want to melee stuff, I will just melee. I mean, they could have at least left us phantom dart on a short cool down if they were going to wreck everything else.

Yes it is "easy" to solo things as a mage. Then wait for a minute for MP before pulling the next mob. Sorry, but I find that boring. Incredibly boring actually.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#29Shezard, Posted: Aug 16 2011 at 3:12 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) No it's not, if it is for you, you're doing it wrong. I buff myself, start the fight, rotate through my DoTs once(no matter if CON or THM) and by the time they would wear, the mob/mobs is/are dead. This also counts for mobs 5+ ranks above myself...and I could take 3 of them at once and DoTs will tear through them...
#30 Aug 16 2011 at 3:29 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,098 posts
I miss spamming cures without a care on my Dow but Spiritbind cure cast make healing easier. It's watching my mp dwindle for doing common attacks that still bugs me, Stygian Spikes was worthless before now it's a must just to have mp in case you need to heal.
____________________________





#31 Aug 16 2011 at 3:29 PM Rating: Good
**
952 posts
Sephrick wrote:
I don't know if they'll lower it just yet. 1.19 will make stats matter and then there is the eventual class changes in 1.20 and the job specialties whenever they come.

The MP cost is as it is for a reason, we just unfortunately have to wait six or so months to find out why.


Here's the thing though, if that's the case they implemented it before it was ready knowing it'll **** with people. Why they wouldn't save it until the entire system was worked out completely instead half assing it is beyond me. It serves no purpose right now other than to annoy people.
#32 Aug 16 2011 at 4:01 PM Rating: Decent
*
94 posts
CupDeNoodles wrote:
Here's the thing though, if that's the case they implemented it before it was ready knowing it'll @#%^ with people. Why they wouldn't save it until the entire system was worked out completely instead half assing it is beyond me. It serves no purpose right now other than to annoy people.



exactly. it shouldn't have been implemented until it was ready.
#33 Aug 16 2011 at 5:26 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
513 posts
darkheavenx wrote:

exactly. it shouldn't have been implemented until it was ready.

It's ready enough.
____________________________
#34 Aug 16 2011 at 7:37 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
Omena wrote:
Still, right now people seem to struggle with Darkhold unless they bring at least three conjurers, which isn't right.


Uh that's more of Enmity issue rather than MP.

Edited, Aug 16th 2011 9:38pm by Khornette
____________________________




#35 Aug 16 2011 at 8:37 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
279 posts
Iron Chef Olorinus wrote:
I would have had no problem with a slight increase in cure cost and the removal or significant weakening of AOE cures.

They just went overboard to the point where playing a mage is no longer fun for me. I liked being able to cast something besides cure as a conjurer. I actually enjoyed the fact that I could nuke a bit and still keep my party healed.

If I feel like casting cure non stop and nothing else, I will play WHM in abyssea - cause at least I don't need to stand around doing nothing half the time waiting for MP, and guess what, main healing 18 people is challenge enough without the bullcrap artificial challenge of overpriced cures.

I stand by what I have said in the past - the ridiculous cost of cures is evidence that this development team has a serious lack of imagination when it comes to creating challenge.

Get that, I don't deny it is more "challenging" now - but it is at the cost of gimping mage classes. I'm glad that you don't feel gimp if that is the case, but I have lots of classes leveled and now it is just stupid to try to solo with a mage... whereas my pug can kill stuff non stop without resting - my mages are a pain to play.

And yeah, guess what, not every person who plays a mage wants to be a slave to parties/cure bot. I happen to be one of them. And if jobs are for parties - why does it suck to solo mages so much? So mage classes are for parties and mage jobs are for parties? So only melee should be able to enjoyably solo? That's garbage.

You know what would have made the game challenging? Is if TP only regained outside of battle. So melee classes would have to manage their TP instead of spamming all their skills like they can now.

Does that sound ridiculous? Cause guess what - arguing the same thing about MP is ridiculous.



man olo I almost agree with you 100% and i see your point, and its quite funny that I have said the same exact things about the class balance in the game. When i was talking about mp management I meant in parties but I have to say that playing a mage in this game its like playing handicap mode compared to any DoW ( this is comparing my friends DoW all levels 1-50). DoW are incredibly overpowered compared to mages due tot he fact they have tons of defense/HP and for some odd reason have almost as much MP as a mage. Such as my 35 conjurer has about 750 mp compared to my level 42 lancer friend who has about 685 mp and it sort of sucks that he can basically steam roll through 3-6 enemy at one time due to DoW armor/etc and have enough mana to heal himself to almost close to 75% of a mage cure and just spam TP skills non stop 24/7. Compared to ff11 where tp gaining was a bit slower int his game they just spam tp and gain almost 3k with few hits.

It does indeed suck to solo as a mage and I can't solo more than 2 enemy close to my level because I am usually wasting all my time trying to keep myself alive and go ont he brink of death almost all the time. It truly sucks to see archers/lancers just fight 6 enemy in leve's 4-5 star almost 15 levels ahead of them and just steam roll through all the monsters( specially ranger which i think is supremely overpowered and stop that bs about ammo cost because with cheap level 1 arrow they still out damage everyone and take 80% of enemy hp,etc).

Playing a mage int his game feels a bit unrewarding specially since melee classes can use all our skills and have a large mana pool so i don't feel so special, even nukes for conjurer don't do the damage i was hoping they would be doing with our low defense. This game needs some extremely balance specially between DoW and DoM because playing handicap mode truly sucks, I feel crappy playing with friends level 1-40 and even my level 50 friends with both classes and just watch DoW basically make enemy in the game look super easy while i struggle to kill 2 and even 1 enemy.

P.S- I am comparing my friends and myself DoM and we both use HQ+3 gear on almost everything to my friends barely wearing armor.


I wish they made a dedicated black mage and white mage also for people and not some retarded scholar class that we have now I am sure a lot of people would of been happy with this also.
____________________________
I Am Alpha And Omega
The Beginning And The End
The First And The Last
--------------------------
DRG/WAR-http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?57308
SMN/WHM- http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?57308
#36 Aug 16 2011 at 10:14 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
People could steam roll through linked leve mobs because they cross-class, not because they are DoW. And your friend seems to be on much higher Physical Level than you and assign a lot of points into MND, heck with just 60 MND I have like close to his MP pool as r16 THM. I could beat the defend leve with Fachan spawn alright as R40 CON, yet I struggle a lot on R44 PUG. In fact, Mage is much better in handling multiple mobs with the exception of MRD, and with Profundity + Chain Spell + Blood Rite + Dark Seal your Nuke will be terribly OP on leve mobs. With Elemental Spell II it beats the crap outta Ferocity + Raging Strike 3k TP Victimize, and it's AOE.
____________________________




#37 Aug 17 2011 at 6:22 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
513 posts
Khornette wrote:
Omena wrote:
Still, right now people seem to struggle with Darkhold unless they bring at least three conjurers, which isn't right.


Uh that's more of Enmity issue rather than MP.

Touché.
____________________________
#38 Aug 17 2011 at 9:03 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,146 posts
KingAlkaiser wrote:
DoW are incredibly overpowered compared to mages due tot he fact they have tons of defense/HP and for some odd reason have almost as much MP as a mage. Such as my 35 conjurer has about 750 mp compared to my level 42 lancer friend who has about 685 mp and it sort of sucks that he can basically steam roll through 3-6 enemy at one time due to DoW armor/etc and have enough mana to heal himself to almost close to 75% of a mage cure and just spam TP skills non stop 24/7. Compared to ff11 where tp gaining was a bit slower int his game they just spam tp and gain almost 3k with few hits.

Playing a mage int his game feels a bit unrewarding specially since melee classes can use all our skills and have a large mana pool so i don't feel so special, even nukes for conjurer don't do the damage i was hoping they would be doing with our low defense. This game needs some extremely balance specially between DoW and DoM because playing handicap mode truly sucks, I feel crappy playing with friends level 1-40 and even my level 50 friends with both classes and just watch DoW basically make enemy in the game look super easy while i struggle to kill 2 and even 1 enemy.


Did you ever think about the abilities and other classes said incredibly overpowered DoWs use?
I'm not saying DoW are weak. They are strong, but it also takes effort to get all the abilities and spells to make them that strong.

It would be nice if your sig would show your actual ranks and classes.
Your Lodestone profile shows that your Conjurer is R29 and not R35 as you say. Your physical level is also just r27.

If your Lancer friend (I assume it's a friend because yours is R6 and not R42) is physical level 50 he has more stat points and, if he raised the MND stat, more MP than you.
Also Lancers have Life Surge and Speed Surge and most if not all DoW leveled Pugilist for Second Wind or Marauder for Bloodbath. These help out alot with healing.

About DoW being stronger than DoM...you might want to look at it like that:
DoM and DoW have a basic auto attack and some base attacks they can use. These base attacks have a cooldown.
Naturally DoW will deal more damage with physical attacks.
Both, DoW and DoM, gain TP with these attacks and can use special TP abilities with it. Some of them require MP too.
DoW use their TP attacks as one of their main sources for damage while DoM use their spells as main source of damage.
Also, to gain TP you have to hit the mob. If you can't hit it...

As for survivability, ask yourself.
Do you use Protect, Shell, Stoneskin and spikes for the fights?
Did you raise your VIT stat to get a good ammount of HP?
Do you use any abilities to reduce the damage you take (Defender, Rampage, Sentinel, Featherfoot,...), or spells to cripple the mob (Bio, Dia, absorb spells, Slow, Paralyze, Silence, Poison,...)?
If you do, you shouldn't have such a hard time killing stuff at a reasonable speed.


Something that might make DoM's life easier and stop this discussion about TP attack spamming ans MP costs would be to give DoM TP for casted spells, and abilities that cost TP to enhance spells or give special effects like turning TP into MP or giving a refresh buff, increase damage of the next spell or prevent the mob from resisting,...

And you should not forget that the game we play now is neither the release version nor the revised version. It's a mix of both and adjustments will go on for some time.
Don't take things too serious now because we'll see alot more changes to classes, stats and abilities with 1.19 and 1.20.
____________________________

Final Fantasy XI
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Name: Kyana (retired)
Jobs: THF75 PLD70 BST70

#39 Aug 17 2011 at 9:22 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
^^ Dammmmn someone just got smacked down :D

My friend is 42 Mrd and has 250 mp. I'm 43 Arc and I have 400ish mp. You must be lying about the mp or your friend has 90 points in mnd...

In addition, your siphon mp drains more, stygian spikes drains more and lasts longer, you have access to 2 abilities to instantly regain mp, etc etc.

You are judging too soon and also just sound plain whiny because your once broken job is now being balanced.
____________________________


This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 11 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (11)