Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Terrible Payment method Thread. Follow

#1 Aug 16 2011 at 12:43 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
IDK how many in the ZAM community read the Lodestone Forums. However I thought I would post the thread about the C&B issues many players are having just in case for w/e reason someone wanted to know.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/14581-Terrible-Payment-System

Anyone else having issues with C&B? Feelings? Thoughts? Just curious. I've been keeping up with it on the Lodestone, but never really having seen anything here on it...was just curious.
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#2 Aug 16 2011 at 2:01 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
852 posts
I don't know why they can't just accept payment like every other MMO on the planet.
____________________________
#3 Aug 16 2011 at 2:08 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
21 posts
yeah it seems dumb to me why make things more complicated than it has to be. n not just that even when i 1st got the game ( before it went temporally free) it crashed on me and then when it worked it didn't go through
____________________________



#4 Aug 16 2011 at 3:04 PM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
I wonder how difficult it's going to be to set up payment once the PS3 version arrives. I mean can you conceive of a way to set this all up through the PS3??
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#5 Aug 17 2011 at 1:37 AM Rating: Good
C&B, although pain in the ****, keeps the game free for now. With Crysta, need to place money in the account first. After the game goes [pay] live, I am ditching C&B for the Crysta, and agree with most. C&B has to be one of the worst companies to go with. I would prefer pay-pal over C&B

____________________________


http://theforsakenlink.com

5040 X 1050 with Matrox Triple Head 2 Go
480 in SLI
I-7 950 OC 3.68 Ghz, 12 GB DDR3 1600
1000w PSU
#6 Aug 17 2011 at 2:22 AM Rating: Excellent
**
832 posts
I took the liberty to look at that post, skipped to the end, scrolled down and was mesmerized by the animated Twilight Sparkle pic Smiley: laugh

On topic.... Dear square-enix, I live in the USA, I would like to deal with a US company for payment and not one based in soon be be third world country England (....if they can't get a handle on those rioters anyway) that for some dumb-foundly reason asks for a copy of my driver's liscense/passport and "gas bill" via mail if for whatever reason my identity is called into question at their discretion.

Seriously....I don't care what kind of institution it is... YOU DON'T JUST GIVE COPIES OF THIS STUFF OUT VIA MAIL! Apparently a notarized letter isn't good enough for them.
____________________________
VIVE LA RÉVOLUTION PONEY!
デーブは、ここではありません。
Urthdigger wrote:
First person view {You can have this.} I'm a galka and wore a subligar all the way to 50. You either learn to deal with it, or learn to enjoy the other party member's screams of agony.

Likibiki wrote:
I wish I could get parties of that standard. Sadly I seem to end up playing with myself all the time.

[ffxisig]81208[/ffxisig]
#7 Aug 17 2011 at 7:47 AM Rating: Decent
**
557 posts
River75, Assassin Reject wrote:
C&B, although pain in the ****, keeps the game free for now. With Crysta, need to place money in the account first. After the game goes [pay] live, I am ditching C&B for the Crysta, and agree with most. C&B has to be one of the worst companies to go with. I would prefer pay-pal over C&B


I haven't placed any money in my Crysta account, and I'm able to play.
____________________________


#8 Aug 17 2011 at 11:47 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
169 posts
yfaithfully wrote:
River75, Assassin Reject wrote:
C&B, although pain in the ****, keeps the game free for now. With Crysta, need to place money in the account first. After the game goes [pay] live, I am ditching C&B for the Crysta, and agree with most. C&B has to be one of the worst companies to go with. I would prefer pay-pal over C&B


I haven't placed any money in my Crysta account, and I'm able to play.


Same here. I chose Crysta but didn't put in any payment info and I can play just fine.
____________________________
Variety is the spice of life. Except on Dune, where it's worm poo.

#9 Aug 17 2011 at 1:02 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
Lantesh wrote:
yfaithfully wrote:
River75, Assassin Reject wrote:
C&B, although pain in the ****, keeps the game free for now. With Crysta, need to place money in the account first. After the game goes [pay] live, I am ditching C&B for the Crysta, and agree with most. C&B has to be one of the worst companies to go with. I would prefer pay-pal over C&B


I haven't placed any money in my Crysta account, and I'm able to play.


Same here. I chose Crysta but didn't put in any payment info and I can play just fine.


I almost didn't join the game because of the strange payment methods. I bought it, yes, but it took me a (relatively) huge length of time setting up an account to set up a credit card account to enter codes and codes for codes and... bah. I eventually figured it out after taking a short break. Really it comes down to:

SE, why you no want my money!?
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#10 Aug 17 2011 at 1:14 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
So it seems there are people here as well who have issues, had issues or just wary of C&B...interesting.
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#11 Aug 17 2011 at 1:25 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
169 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
I almost didn't join the game because of the strange payment methods. I bought it, yes, but it took me a (relatively) huge length of time setting up an account to set up a credit card account to enter codes and codes for codes and... bah. I eventually figured it out after taking a short break. Really it comes down to:

SE, why you no want my money!?


Totally agree. I ended up having to quit FFXI because of the VBV nonsense. Now they exchange one bizarro system for another bizarro system. I suppose the Crysta route is less of a bizarro system, but it's still a bizarro system none the less!
____________________________
Variety is the spice of life. Except on Dune, where it's worm poo.

#12 Aug 17 2011 at 1:36 PM Rating: Decent
**
557 posts
In general, I really don't like things like PayPal or Click-n-Buy. Any service which lets you transfer funds from one individual to another is heavily targeted by phishers, hackers, and other scammers. I don't mind using my credit card account to directly purchase things from vendors. Maybe I'm being superstitious and irrational, but I feel that is a more tested and secure way of doing business, although I also realize that many retailers are also high profile targets for groups like LulzSec, and may not actually have the security expertise that an outfit like PayPal is forced to (from years of hacking attempts).

I dunno what it is, I've just always found PayPal to be really annoying (at least over 5 years ago it was). Anything like it I just avoid.
____________________________


This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 15 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (15)