Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Patch 1.19 release?Follow

#1 Sep 05 2011 at 3:55 PM Rating: Good
**
266 posts
Hey, I haven't played in a long time but I was kind of wanting to start over but I want to wait until 1.19. Is there any estimate as to when it will come out, or has SE given a release date?
#2 Sep 05 2011 at 4:03 PM Rating: Good
***
3,962 posts
Mid September last it was mentioned.
#3 Sep 05 2011 at 4:57 PM Rating: Good
***
1,566 posts
My money is on Sept. 22. Given that the new event lasts till Sept. 20, it likely won't be till after that as they tend to not interrupt event periods with pre-planned patches.
#4 Sep 05 2011 at 5:49 PM Rating: Decent
43 posts
I'm going to say November 2nd
#5 Sep 05 2011 at 8:03 PM Rating: Decent
johnnypsama wrote:
I'm going to say November 2nd
Why? That's like 40 days later than anything anyone has said.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#6 Sep 05 2011 at 8:13 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
852 posts
Admiral Lubriderm wrote:
johnnypsama wrote:
I'm going to say November 2nd
Why? That's like 40 days later than anything anyone has said.



Past history.
____________________________
#7 Sep 05 2011 at 9:29 PM Rating: Good
johnnypsama wrote:
I'm going to say November 2nd

I couldn't help myself... I rated him up just because this was so funny. Nov. 2nd... lol... *sigh~
____________________________
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Data Center: Primal; Server: Ultros; Free Company: The Kraken Club; Grand Company: The Maelstrom; Chocobo: Kweh
#8 Sep 06 2011 at 12:57 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,523 posts
StateAlchemist the Eccentric wrote:
johnnypsama wrote:
I'm going to say November 2nd

I couldn't help myself... I rated him up just because this was so funny. Nov. 2nd... lol... *sigh~


I don't think it's funny, but I do think it's reality. Just look at how patch 1.18 got postponed over and over. 1.19 is a lot bigger and a lot more can go wrong. It wouldn't surprised me at all if it got delayed at least a month.
____________________________
____(>°°)D_->__(O°°)>-_<(;,,;)>_C-(°°Q)__O~~_t(°°<)_(;o0)___<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_____

#9 Sep 06 2011 at 7:25 AM Rating: Excellent
I'm a broken record when this comes up, but I'd rather wait a bit for quality than have them just rush out a pile of ****.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#10 Sep 06 2011 at 7:41 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,523 posts
Meh I like seeying all the stages of the game's progression. I felt totally left out when I joined FFXI at CoP (European release).
____________________________
____(>°°)D_->__(O°°)>-_<(;,,;)>_C-(°°Q)__O~~_t(°°<)_(;o0)___<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_____

#11 Sep 06 2011 at 7:50 AM Rating: Excellent
RedGalka wrote:
Meh I like seeying all the stages of the game's progression. I felt totally left out when I joined FFXI at CoP (European release).
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

In hindsight, I could have found better ways to spend my time than watch a game in alpha stage get developed in real time.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#12 Sep 06 2011 at 8:08 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
569 posts
It's not the 1.19 that brings interest, it's 1.20 with jobs and what not. From the info available it seems that is when XIV should be starting to build up to expand beyond the "in development" bounds.
____________________________
99th paper cut, and the grain of salt.
#13 Sep 06 2011 at 9:20 AM Rating: Good
**
863 posts
I see a lot of improvements and these two patches coming now seem great with chocobos and jobs etc, but there were so many small things other than content and bugs that annoyed me that I dunno... I kind of want to try it, but I don't want to get completely dissapointed by the whole feel of it all.. AGAIN. I think I'd rather wait another six months just to be sure.

Like, are they ever going to make all abilities not have the exact same "move"/animation? Just looks stupid to me. Are they going to make spells etc flashier? The ones I've seen in videos just seem lame, doesn't exactly give me much to look forward to except for a cool name for my spell.

Now I might be wrong, but I remember, as a mage, having to engage (Like have my wand out and such) to be able to cast spells... this is something I personally haaaaaaaaaaaate so much because in FFXIV and XI it feels completely retarded, will this ever change (To the way it is in XI for example)?

Is mob placement still weird?

I mean, overall these things aren't that big, but for me there are a lot of these types of things that eventually add up. Some things I'm sure they have fixed or will fix pretty soon, like enmity being strange, mobs running away forever, one mob in the quest being really easy and then the next being impossible to kill etc. etc.

Personally I think I will wait until PS3 release because I heard a friend who tried it now say his server was kind of empty (Lindblum) which isn't much fun either. Hopefully with PS3 launch there will be an influx of players that might make it feel like something new and exciting, shedding the negative feelings I have which are probably unproportional to the actual flaws of the game, but are just there out of sheer initial dissapointment.

Looking forward to seeing XIV develop further and hoping it will turn into what I was hoping for when I first heard about it.
#14 Sep 06 2011 at 9:41 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
569 posts
Waiting another 6 months would be ideal, until the game shapes some personality. Only problem that may arise with that is i doubt it will be f2p for long. I can quite honestly see XIV p2p after 1.20. Lately they have had there eye on the billing system, meaning they are more than itching to throw it in.

Considering they freshly hit the one year mark, and i would honestly say they need at least one more to finish this game off. I really hope they time the transition from f2p to p2p well, or it could make everything just fall apart.
#15 Sep 06 2011 at 10:35 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
One of the main reasons I'm playing now is 1) it's free and 2) I want to get and continue an early start before the game is improved to the point of mass return.

Basically, it's fun enough right now as free, but when friends ask if they should return, I tell them to wait.
____________________________


#16 Sep 06 2011 at 11:06 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,962 posts
TwiddleDee wrote:
It's not the 1.19 that brings interest, it's 1.20 with jobs and what not. From the info available it seems that is when XIV should be starting to build up to expand beyond the "in development" bounds.


Job related quests are scheduled for 1.2 ( I believe ) but I am almost positive the job system is not scheduled for release until 1.21.

Edit: Relevant literature found.

Edited, Sep 6th 2011 10:08am by RamseySylph
#17 Sep 06 2011 at 1:09 PM Rating: Decent
**
621 posts
TwiddleDee wrote:
Waiting another 6 months would be ideal, until the game shapes some personality. Only problem that may arise with that is i doubt it will be f2p for long. I can quite honestly see XIV p2p after 1.20. Lately they have had there eye on the billing system, meaning they are more than itching to throw it in.

Considering they freshly hit the one year mark, and i would honestly say they need at least one more to finish this game off. I really hope they time the transition from f2p to p2p well, or it could make everything just fall apart.


I don't think this game will be pay to play before PS3 release. With the current low number of players pay to play would kill of the game as fast as you can say chocobo.
____________________________
Kweh?!

...prophesizing the golden patch since october 2010.
#18 Sep 06 2011 at 1:45 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
569 posts
As odd as it sounds i strongly think XIV will go p2p before the year is up. Using the patch with jobs as the selling point for the PS3 version i would not be surprised if 1.21 rolled, and implemented subscriptions alongside.
____________________________
99th paper cut, and the grain of salt.
#19 Sep 06 2011 at 1:55 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
TwiddleDee wrote:
As odd as it sounds i strongly think XIV will go p2p before the year is up. Using the patch with jobs as the selling point for the PS3 version i would not be surprised if 1.21 rolled, and implemented subscriptions alongside.

It's a possibility, but it depends on what else is in those patches. If they add enough to where the game feels complete, and for Altana's sake add some more server-side fixes to reduce the ui lag... I'd pay.
____________________________


#20 Sep 06 2011 at 2:23 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
569 posts
Louiscool that's the fear am having though, game needs least one more year to hit the point were XI was when it hit NA shores. However i think SE will push P2P a loot sooner then that.
____________________________
99th paper cut, and the grain of salt.
#21 Sep 06 2011 at 2:24 PM Rating: Good
***
3,962 posts
After 1.19... We've got 3 months left this year, what makes you think they will roll out 1.2 and 1.21 in that time frame?
#22 Sep 06 2011 at 3:03 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
569 posts
Simple fact that x-mas chopping is just around the corner, if SE can roll out up to 1.21 till then, they stand to make profit from PS3 and start charging. If they delay they may suffer as 2012 Spring TERA, and GW2 will be hitting the tarmac and both of those are good competitors. SE needs to step it up, even the solid fan base may start to consider other ventures other wise.
____________________________
99th paper cut, and the grain of salt.
#23 Sep 06 2011 at 3:04 PM Rating: Good
**
266 posts
This is kind of disheartening... I'll start after the jobs are available then (whenever that is...) The thing is, in January I was like eh, in 6 months this game will be good, then 6 months later I was like, well just going to wait a few more months... I think this will just end up being like a wild goose hunt.
#24 Sep 06 2011 at 5:08 PM Rating: Good
***
3,962 posts
TwiddleDee wrote:
Simple fact that x-mas chopping is just around the corner, if SE can roll out up to 1.21 till then, they stand to make profit from PS3 and start charging. If they delay they may suffer as 2012 Spring TERA, and GW2 will be hitting the tarmac and both of those are good competitors. SE needs to step it up, even the solid fan base may start to consider other ventures other wise.


Whether or not it'd be nice to have it in time for holiday release is beside the point.

Pushing 2 major version updates in 3 months, I just don't see that happening.

Also, the PS3 launch has got to be a media relaunch for them. It's not going to happen without advanced warning, hype, a PS3 beta etc. I would love it to be out in time for Xmas, but it's wishful thinking.

If anything, I'd like to see it before the end of Q1/Q2 next year at the earliest.

Edit: To be clear, they can - not - afford to launch for the PS3 before they are ready, and considering we have gotten 0 new info about the PS3 version, I do not think it will be any time in the immediate future.

Why can't they afford to? The games industry is all about the metacritic, if they can get the game up to an acceptable level, start charging again, then launch the PS3 version when existing fans are extremely satisfied with the gameplay, they have a chance to get rid of the big black mark on the game.

But that involves getting the media interested, they need to be at trade shows, launching new teaser trailers with new content like jobs and Garlean invasions, etc. Beyond the big wow factor stuff, they need all of the little polish pieces to be in place, and a more smooth guided experience early game.

Once they launch for the PS3, if things go well, then they can focus on a full fledged expansion, which should be their PC relaunch, a chance to get a good metacritic for a PC release, and then potentially rip away people who are bored of all the new MMOs launching this year, a year to a year and a half later.

Edited, Sep 6th 2011 4:25pm by RamseySylph
#25 Sep 06 2011 at 6:10 PM Rating: Decent
**
829 posts
XenoKrates wrote:
This is kind of disheartening... I'll start after the jobs are available then (whenever that is...) The thing is, in January I was like eh, in 6 months this game will be good, then 6 months later I was like, well just going to wait a few more months... I think this will just end up being like a wild goose hunt.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug75diEyiA0
____________________________
Tauu Aori
Lalafell
WHM
Sargatanas
#26 Sep 06 2011 at 8:27 PM Rating: Decent
**
266 posts
TauuOfSiren wrote:
XenoKrates wrote:
This is kind of disheartening... I'll start after the jobs are available then (whenever that is...) The thing is, in January I was like eh, in 6 months this game will be good, then 6 months later I was like, well just going to wait a few more months... I think this will just end up being like a wild goose hunt.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug75diEyiA0

LOL
#27 Sep 07 2011 at 11:32 AM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
eh, I think it would be suicide to start charging for this game before PS3 launch... and in fact, if they were really smart they should keep it free to play for 2-3 months after PS3 launch - to get those new players good and hooked.

This game will not get a third chance - and they really can't afford to lose subs at all (whether they are paying or not at this point) - if the game feels too empty - people won't bother with it.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)