Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

Recipe Revamp (Official Post)Follow

#1 Sep 28 2011 at 9:57 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,962 posts
Read the particulars here.

As an armorer, I have to point out that it appears we are not only getting Cobalt Armor recipes, but steel as well!

Excitement!

Also... there is either a mass typo of all "worn" gear to "dated" lol? Or they've changed/are changing it? And it can no longer be bought... at npcs?

Edited, Sep 28th 2011 9:00pm by RamseySylph
#2 Sep 28 2011 at 10:02 PM Rating: Excellent
**
929 posts
Oh wow. A can tell a lot of craft grinding paths are gonna change quite drasticly

Vamps are going. Good thing im only 30K away from maxing TAN.

Cloth requirements are increasing with the yarn per synth. And new material Felt is made from karakul. Guess I may be sheep slaying soon.

Hmmm. a lot of the NPC purchase price of items are halving or more.

Edited, Sep 29th 2011 12:10am by Magnesium02
#3 Sep 28 2011 at 10:04 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,962 posts
Mythril Haubergeon, as well as finally a Wool and Velveteen doublet are also noteworthy! Thank the gods I don't have to wear red and black...
#4 Sep 28 2011 at 10:04 PM Rating: Good
**
924 posts
i just npc'd 3000 items... lol
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18309
Quote:
Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
I endorse this thread.
#5 Sep 28 2011 at 10:06 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,962 posts
They're also removing all sands and all non-standard ores like Limonite, Yellow Copper etc... As expected. Electrum now comes in ore form, instead of being an alloy.

Edit:

Quote:
*Items that are crafted using pre-1.19 recipes have had "Dated" added to their names (e.g. Dated Canvas Robe).


Smiley: dubious ...

Edited, Sep 28th 2011 9:10pm by RamseySylph
#6 Sep 28 2011 at 10:10 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
398 posts
I couldn't help but notice the new Willow short bow will be made from Maple... maybe it's a typo :P
#7 Sep 28 2011 at 10:13 PM Rating: Good
***
3,962 posts
As much as I personally dislike a lot of the simplification changes, as a crafter, I must admit this update just got 100% more exciting what with how many new pieces of crafted gear are coming all at once. It was definitely more than I expected.
#8 Sep 28 2011 at 10:14 PM Rating: Excellent
**
929 posts
*advance soothing hugs to StateA and Zam databse team*

Wow even gathering is changing. This thread is massive
#9 Sep 28 2011 at 10:15 PM Rating: Good
***
3,962 posts
Magnesium02 wrote:
*advance soothing hugs to StateA and Zam databse team*

Wow even gathering is changing. This thread is massive


At least they have a head start on the content, and an official database of changes to reference.
#10 Sep 28 2011 at 10:24 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
*
111 posts
Arrgh I have 3 stacks of Iron nuggets and I'm away from my PC for the next two days. Thank Celestia they delayed the update, or else I could only liquidate my stock.

Guess who'll be converting his iron nuggets into iron ingots like a mad lalafell.
#11 Sep 28 2011 at 10:25 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,962 posts
Enfid wrote:
Arrgh I have 3 stacks of Iron nuggets and I'm away from my PC for the next two days. Thank Celestia they delayed the update, or else I could only liquidate my stock.

Guess who'll be converting his iron nuggets into iron ingots like a mad lalafell.


Iron nuggets don't suddenly vanish into thin air, as far as I am aware old recipes will remain until patch 1.2. I'm definitely going to keep doing things the old way until that time, better for skill ups and my wallet for the most part.
#12 Sep 28 2011 at 10:36 PM Rating: Good
**
347 posts
look like I will plvl my bsm, armor and leather, as thier path to 50 just vanish
____________________________
Flamealchemist
Bard 75, Thf 75 Smn 75 Blm 75, Whm 60, War 30, Nin 40 Drk 6, Rdm 6.
Race: Hume
Nation: Bastok
Rank: 10
Server: Gilgamesh
Craft: Cooking 100, Alemchy 60 Clothcraft 54, Goldsmith 25, Blacksmith 17, Fishing 22, Bonecraft 6.
#13 Sep 28 2011 at 10:56 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,962 posts
xellosalpha wrote:
look like I will plvl my bsm, armor and leather, as thier path to 50 just vanish


Only after 1.2, unless they change their tune.
#14 Sep 28 2011 at 10:59 PM Rating: Good
**
347 posts
who know... log to lumber ratio just got nerf big time.... it made mask a lot less attracktive as skill up...
____________________________
Flamealchemist
Bard 75, Thf 75 Smn 75 Blm 75, Whm 60, War 30, Nin 40 Drk 6, Rdm 6.
Race: Hume
Nation: Bastok
Rank: 10
Server: Gilgamesh
Craft: Cooking 100, Alemchy 60 Clothcraft 54, Goldsmith 25, Blacksmith 17, Fishing 22, Bonecraft 6.
#15 Sep 28 2011 at 11:07 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
398 posts
Well we have a few days still to mass stockpile bulk matterials, save up and grind away once things take less mats.
#16 Sep 28 2011 at 11:11 PM Rating: Good
**
929 posts
No mention about the ranks of those recipie changes tho. I wish they would give us an official rank per recipie rather than leave people to guess.
#17 Sep 28 2011 at 11:23 PM Rating: Good
***
3,962 posts
zurinadrg wrote:
Well we have a few days still to mass stockpile bulk matterials, save up and grind away once things take less mats.


I literally cannot say enough times, that the old recipes will not be removed until a later date. CANNOT SAY ENOUGH TIMES, CANNOT CANNOT.


Also, there's less junk from harvesting points now, which is a bonus, it will be easier to get larger quantities of whatever you're going after. Though having only 3-4 items per node and still having so many levels to mine/harvest at makes me wonder how that's going to work lol.
#18 Sep 28 2011 at 11:28 PM Rating: Default
**
347 posts
RamseySylph wrote:
zurinadrg wrote:
Well we have a few days still to mass stockpile bulk matterials, save up and grind away once things take less mats.


I literally cannot say enough times, that the old recipes will not be removed until a later date. CANNOT SAY ENOUGH TIMES, CANNOT CANNOT.


Also, there's less junk from harvesting points now, which is a bonus, it will be easier to get larger quantities of whatever you're going after. Though having only 3-4 items per node and still having so many levels to mine/harvest at makes me wonder how that's going to work lol.

While it is true they can't remove syn at 1.19... but just the act of making hide to leather and log to lumber less yield made it harder to grind...
____________________________
Flamealchemist
Bard 75, Thf 75 Smn 75 Blm 75, Whm 60, War 30, Nin 40 Drk 6, Rdm 6.
Race: Hume
Nation: Bastok
Rank: 10
Server: Gilgamesh
Craft: Cooking 100, Alemchy 60 Clothcraft 54, Goldsmith 25, Blacksmith 17, Fishing 22, Bonecraft 6.
#19 Sep 28 2011 at 11:59 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,962 posts
xellosalpha wrote:
RamseySylph wrote:
zurinadrg wrote:
Well we have a few days still to mass stockpile bulk matterials, save up and grind away once things take less mats.


I literally cannot say enough times, that the old recipes will not be removed until a later date. CANNOT SAY ENOUGH TIMES, CANNOT CANNOT.


Also, there's less junk from harvesting points now, which is a bonus, it will be easier to get larger quantities of whatever you're going after. Though having only 3-4 items per node and still having so many levels to mine/harvest at makes me wonder how that's going to work lol.

While it is true they can't remove syn at 1.19... but just the act of making hide to leather and log to lumber less yield made it harder to grind...


They're different recipes though, for the most part they all use alumen now instead of chips, meaning the old recipe will remain, and should yield the same amount until 1.2, unless they make an exception.
#20 Sep 29 2011 at 12:33 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,523 posts
I'm kind of wondering if the higher level recipes are an indication to a raise of the level cap. It would be a bit silly if all those recipes were to be R50 on top of the dungeon loot right?
____________________________
____(>°°)D_->__(O°°)>-_<(;,,;)>_C-(°°Q)__O~~_t(°°<)_(;o0)___<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_____

#21 Sep 29 2011 at 12:39 AM Rating: Default
**
347 posts
RamseySylph wrote:
xellosalpha wrote:
RamseySylph wrote:
zurinadrg wrote:
Well we have a few days still to mass stockpile bulk matterials, save up and grind away once things take less mats.


I literally cannot say enough times, that the old recipes will not be removed until a later date. CANNOT SAY ENOUGH TIMES, CANNOT CANNOT.


Also, there's less junk from harvesting points now, which is a bonus, it will be easier to get larger quantities of whatever you're going after. Though having only 3-4 items per node and still having so many levels to mine/harvest at makes me wonder how that's going to work lol.

While it is true they can't remove syn at 1.19... but just the act of making hide to leather and log to lumber less yield made it harder to grind...


They're different recipes though, for the most part they all use alumen now instead of chips, meaning the old recipe will remain, and should yield the same amount until 1.2, unless they make an exception.

You have a point but the problem with log to lumber remain.... it is the same receipt, just different lumber yield. In addition... further reading show they want to remove buffalo hide from syn..... does that mean no syn will require buffalo hide or just new one? Isn't buffalo hide ine of the major ingredient in mid level leather syn/grind?

Edited, Sep 29th 2011 2:49am by xellosalpha
____________________________
Flamealchemist
Bard 75, Thf 75 Smn 75 Blm 75, Whm 60, War 30, Nin 40 Drk 6, Rdm 6.
Race: Hume
Nation: Bastok
Rank: 10
Server: Gilgamesh
Craft: Cooking 100, Alemchy 60 Clothcraft 54, Goldsmith 25, Blacksmith 17, Fishing 22, Bonecraft 6.
#22 Sep 29 2011 at 12:58 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
Quote:
Mythril Lance
Mythril Ingot - 2
Oak Lumber - 1
Boar Leather - 1
Wind Shard - 7
Ice Shard - 4


Time to spam Mithril Lance to the market for 50k gil ea, **** the economy woo hoo.

Btw

Quote:
Aromorer


Lulz.

Edited, Sep 29th 2011 3:00am by Khornette
____________________________




#23 Sep 29 2011 at 1:31 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
588 posts
RamseySylph wrote:
Magnesium02 wrote:
*advance soothing hugs to StateA and Zam databse team*

Wow even gathering is changing. This thread is massive


At least they have a head start on the content, and an official database of changes to reference.


I offer my services as a data entry lackey. lol

It took me a year but I was starting to get some recipes memorized. Now... start over. /sigh
____________________________



#24 Sep 29 2011 at 1:43 AM Rating: Excellent
MUST... FINISH... WEAVER... NOW... O.O;;;!!!!###!!!
____________________________
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Data Center: Primal; Server: Ultros; Free Company: The Kraken Club; Grand Company: The Maelstrom; Chocobo: Kweh
#25 Sep 29 2011 at 1:50 AM Rating: Excellent
Did anyone notice the NPC vendor prices? Many of the items that were once fairly lucrative are now not so (Hides and skins for example). However they have increased prices in other areas. I didn't spot anything that would make farming >> NPC vendor selling a viable gil option though.

Edited, Sep 29th 2011 7:51am by EdyNOTB
____________________________
Esuna Forums

#26 Sep 29 2011 at 2:12 AM Rating: Good
***
3,962 posts
EdyNOTB, pet mage of Jabober wrote:
Did anyone notice the NPC vendor prices? Many of the items that were once fairly lucrative are now not so (Hides and skins for example). However they have increased prices in other areas. I didn't spot anything that would make farming >> NPC vendor selling a viable gil option though.

Edited, Sep 29th 2011 7:51am by EdyNOTB


Fairly certain that was intentional, it was generating a lot of gil, and hopefully with the amount of extraneous items reduced, it will be easier to sell raw materials to other players.
#27 Sep 29 2011 at 3:06 AM Rating: Excellent
*
160 posts
****.....gonna have to level GSM now....spent a fortune on electrum nuggets to prepare for the grind. Also bought a ton of moraines.
Also means no more farming buffalo hides to pay for it :(
____________________________


#28 Sep 29 2011 at 6:29 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
You can't take away my npc selling prices without giving me a better way to sell to players. (I still hate the wards).

Still, this should be good although I have been grinding my smithing up on parts which are now being removed. I wonder what we'll have to grind on now.
____________________________


#29 Sep 29 2011 at 7:07 AM Rating: Good
**
257 posts
RedGalka wrote:
I'm kind of wondering if the higher level recipes are an indication to a raise of the level cap. It would be a bit silly if all those recipes were to be R50 on top of the dungeon loot right?


Yeah I was thinking the same thing. They have all types of new recipes for armor it only makes sense that they're surprising us with a level cap increase from 50-55 or maybe even 60. No wonder the HP and MP of all those characters in the Ifrit video were so high...
____________________________
FFXI(retired 04/2006): Epedemicoptikz, Phoenix Server, 75 SAM/NIN/WAR

#30 Sep 29 2011 at 7:35 AM Rating: Good
Guru
**
691 posts
May I suggest temporarily making the crafting section of the ZAM database open to user edits? I know many of my fellow posters and I would be willing to help get these updated recipes in if it means having an accurate database faster.
#31 Sep 29 2011 at 7:37 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
562 posts
This is a great example of when simplification provides a better game experience. I'm the first to admit I saw nothing negative surrounding the multiple crafting branches and item requirement combinations when I first started playing this game, however after spending a tremendous amount of time gathering and farming, it quickly becomes overwhelming - especially for those entering the game environment for the first time, which we hope to see a lot more of in the coming months.

This is a very good thing for the health of the crafting and farming economy of this game in the long run, even if it is a simplification and removal of items from the game at its core.

Edited, Sep 29th 2011 9:39am by Whales
____________________________
FFXIV - Fellows - Fabul
FFXI - Fellows - Gilgamesh


#32 Sep 29 2011 at 7:44 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
169 posts
Very interesting. I've been holding off on crafting for a bit until the patch hits to see how things would turn out, and this seems to be pretty good. It's going to take a serious revision of my crafting supplies once this goes live though lol.
____________________________
Variety is the spice of life. Except on Dune, where it's worm poo.

#33 Sep 29 2011 at 8:07 AM Rating: Good
Guru
**
691 posts
Huh.... So I just took a more in depth look into the lists, and it appears that there are actually several finished items being removed from the game. Or at least, they are no longer producible. As an armorer I checked there first. The first thing that poped out at me is that you can no longer make Chainmail except for the new Steel Chainmail. Every other chainmail types are made with chain sleeves, which are - according to the Items No Longer In Use list, being phased out.

Edited, Sep 29th 2011 10:07am by Hulan
#34 Sep 29 2011 at 8:12 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
569 posts
EpedemicOptikz wrote:
RedGalka wrote:
I'm kind of wondering if the higher level recipes are an indication to a raise of the level cap. It would be a bit silly if all those recipes were to be R50 on top of the dungeon loot right?


Yeah I was thinking the same thing. They have all types of new recipes for armor it only makes sense that they're surprising us with a level cap increase from 50-55 or maybe even 60. No wonder the HP and MP of all those characters in the Ifrit video were so high...


No, 1.19 will not usher a level cap boost. Probably one is not even on the table, nor will it be until PS3 release. I can see the need for more armor, plate with better M.Def for one would be welcome.
____________________________
99th paper cut, and the grain of salt.
#35 Sep 29 2011 at 8:30 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,523 posts
TwiddleDee wrote:
EpedemicOptikz wrote:
RedGalka wrote:
I'm kind of wondering if the higher level recipes are an indication to a raise of the level cap. It would be a bit silly if all those recipes were to be R50 on top of the dungeon loot right?


Yeah I was thinking the same thing. They have all types of new recipes for armor it only makes sense that they're surprising us with a level cap increase from 50-55 or maybe even 60. No wonder the HP and MP of all those characters in the Ifrit video were so high...


No, 1.19 will not usher a level cap boost. Probably one is not even on the table, nor will it be until PS3 release. I can see the need for more armor, plate with better M.Def for one would be welcome.


You mean like the solid scale mail?

I don't think the level cap will be higher at 1.19, but when they releases jobs + AF I can see them going up 10 levels.
____________________________
____(>°°)D_->__(O°°)>-_<(;,,;)>_C-(°°Q)__O~~_t(°°<)_(;o0)___<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_____

#36 Sep 29 2011 at 8:40 AM Rating: Excellent
**
929 posts
EpedemicOptikz wrote:
RedGalka wrote:
I'm kind of wondering if the higher level recipes are an indication to a raise of the level cap. It would be a bit silly if all those recipes were to be R50 on top of the dungeon loot right?


Yeah I was thinking the same thing. They have all types of new recipes for armor it only makes sense that they're surprising us with a level cap increase from 50-55 or maybe even 60. No wonder the HP and MP of all those characters in the Ifrit video were so high...


If you look carefully at the video, the below the action bar of the characters you can just make out the class rank widget and it loks liek it only says 50, so I don't think the stat boost is due to ranks.
#37 Sep 29 2011 at 9:33 AM Rating: Good
Guru
**
691 posts
I apologize for posting several times in a row, but I thought I would post a few findings after a total check of the current recipes versus the new recipes (in Armorsmithing, it would need more caffeine and a few days to do all of the crafts). Of all of the finished products you can currently make, only the following made it out unchanged/still-accessible-with-new-recipes:

Assault Sallet
Steel Skillet
Iron Assault Sallet

This means that if/when they phase out the old crafts, 104 finished items (including different color variations) out of 135 finished items will not be possible to make [77%]. They are adding 82 new items, bringing us back up to 116 [31 old items with new recipes, 82 new items, 3 old items with same recipe], an overall loss of 19 finished item types from Armorer alone. Assuming they don't add recipes for the missing gear at a later date of course.
#38 Sep 29 2011 at 9:44 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
569 posts
RedGalka wrote:
TwiddleDee wrote:
EpedemicOptikz wrote:
RedGalka wrote:
I'm kind of wondering if the higher level recipes are an indication to a raise of the level cap. It would be a bit silly if all those recipes were to be R50 on top of the dungeon loot right?


Yeah I was thinking the same thing. They have all types of new recipes for armor it only makes sense that they're surprising us with a level cap increase from 50-55 or maybe even 60. No wonder the HP and MP of all those characters in the Ifrit video were so high...


No, 1.19 will not usher a level cap boost. Probably one is not even on the table, nor will it be until PS3 release. I can see the need for more armor, plate with better M.Def for one would be welcome.


You mean like the solid scale mail?

I don't think the level cap will be higher at 1.19, but when they releases jobs + AF I can see them going up 10 levels.


Well we get the detailed notes in just under 20h's. Till than i mean nothing. until i see solid info or a screen capt of the item i don't know.
____________________________
99th paper cut, and the grain of salt.
#39 Sep 29 2011 at 9:57 AM Rating: Excellent
Hulan wrote:
May I suggest temporarily making the crafting section of the ZAM database open to user edits? I know many of my fellow posters and I would be willing to help get these updated recipes in if it means having an accurate database faster.

I will be assisting with the database update as soon as I hit 50 weaver, or run out of gil trying. I am not planning on sleeping in the next 48 hours so wish me luck. (I have no idea how I am going to come up with 14000 earth shards...)
____________________________
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Data Center: Primal; Server: Ultros; Free Company: The Kraken Club; Grand Company: The Maelstrom; Chocobo: Kweh
#40 Sep 29 2011 at 10:06 AM Rating: Good
Hulan wrote:
Of all of the finished products you can currently make, only the following made it out unchanged/still-accessible-with-new-recipes:

Assault Sallet
Steel Skillet
Iron Assault Sallet


At first, I thought this said Assault Skillet. For a split second I was thinking FRYING PAN!


Edited, Sep 29th 2011 12:07pm by SmashingtonWho
#41 Sep 29 2011 at 10:07 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,523 posts
StateAlchemist of Amestris wrote:
Hulan wrote:
May I suggest temporarily making the crafting section of the ZAM database open to user edits? I know many of my fellow posters and I would be willing to help get these updated recipes in if it means having an accurate database faster.

I will be assisting with the database update as soon as I hit 50 weaver, or run out of gil trying. I am not planning on sleeping in the next 48 hours so wish me luck. (I have no idea how I am going to come up with 14000 earth shards...)


And you call yourself an Alchemist :x



Edited, Sep 29th 2011 6:24pm by RedGalka
____________________________
____(>°°)D_->__(O°°)>-_<(;,,;)>_C-(°°Q)__O~~_t(°°<)_(;o0)___<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_____

#42 Sep 29 2011 at 10:22 AM Rating: Excellent
Ah... I don't know what I was thinking! Gah I am so stupid sometimes. The New Recipe/CHanging Recipe section confused me for a second... I was thinking the new recipes for yarn and such were replacing the old ones but in fact they arent. I feel really stupid. THis will actually help me out. Now the 3000 linen yarn I have will give me 1500 synths after patch instead of only 1000 synths right now. Sweet! However anyone with base materials such as flax, cotton bolls, logs, etc will loose moeny if they dont synth them into yarn/lumber etc due to the fact that they are changing from say 2:12 ratio for yarn to a 2:1 ratio, and logs from a 1:4 ratios to a 1:1 ratio. So the only thing I really need to do is burn through the 500 cotton bolls i have and synth the logs sittign in my retainer (glad I stocked up on logs :3)

edit: the new recipes are just like ffxi's "mass production" recipes... allowing ou to increase the base materials used i nthe synth to increase the output. combined with hasty hand you should still be able to synth large quantities in a reasonable amount of time

note: please forgive the spelling errors and such im typing too fast, trying to do a lot fo stuff al lat once

Edited, Sep 29th 2011 12:24pm by StateAlchemist
____________________________
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Data Center: Primal; Server: Ultros; Free Company: The Kraken Club; Grand Company: The Maelstrom; Chocobo: Kweh
#43 Sep 29 2011 at 11:54 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
182 posts
See if you guys can help me on this one. Tarred leather trousers. I see they are getting rid of coal tar .. but did not list a new Recipe for said item. Hope my +3 doesn't go away completely...
____________________________
#44 Sep 29 2011 at 12:29 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Louiscool wrote:
You can't take away my npc selling prices without giving me a better way to sell to players. (I still hate the wards).


I agree with your point, but I would like to add that we have to consider that SE is doing massive changes in progressive steps. Something is drastically altered (and may seem broken) in patch 1.19, but it starts to take shape in 1.20, and may seem pretty good by 1.21.

Take, for example, how many people were complaining about the gil reduction from leves. It was harder for people to make gil, and there was much internet rage. But now a large quantity of vendor prices are going down, crafting will require less materials, repairs are simplified, and certainly other changes are planned. As another example, consider the "mage nerf," which had many people threatening to quit the game. Well, now that stats are becoming balanced, we saw that HP and MP is... not going to be as much of a problem, to say the least.

My point is that FFXIV is a game in transition. It is not ready for release, and SE openly says this. One can't expect everything to be fixed in a single patch - in fact, things are probably going to seem broken with every new patch - but SE clearly has a long-term plan. Judge not from one patch to another; there's no reason to balance a system that's going to be removed in a few months anyway, after all; but judge when SE says they're finally ready. ^^
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#45 Sep 29 2011 at 5:02 PM Rating: Excellent
**
929 posts
Dev Post

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/24827-Recipe-changes-in-1.19?p=361184#post361184

Bayonne wrote:

Triairy posted up some information regarding the crafting recipe changes that I wanted to pass along here.

The old recipes (our current recipes) will not be removed in patch 1.19, and it will still be possible to synthesize items using the old recipes. However, after a certain amount of time, these old recipes will be removed. Once these recipes are removed, items will not be able to be synthesized using these recipes. Although the recipes will be removed, items that have been synthesized using the old recipes will not be deleted.

In regards to the items that will not be used in new recipes, these are items that will not be included in new recipes for synthesis, but it will still be possible to use old recipes including these items to perform synthesis.

However,
•Blacksmith: Copper Ingot
•Armorer: Copper Ingot
will be removed from old recipes in patch 1.19.
*Recipes for synthesis by blacksmiths and armorers will no longer include copper ingots in order to maintain balance.

Also, some of the old recipes listed in the updated recipes list will be altered in patch 1.19.


Quote:
Are there no new recipes for alchemists and culinarians?

There will be no recipe changes for alchemists and culinarians in patch 1.19.
Recipe changes for alchemists and culinarians will be implemented in future patches.


Quote:
There is something I’ve been wondering about. It seems like dew thread can be synthesized 3 at a time, but in the changes it says 1. Can 3 dew threads be synthesized in one sitting? It seems like it requires 3 times the materials too…

Yes, items listed as (3) can be created 3 at a time per synthesis.


Quote:
Puk wing is listed as an item that will no longer drop. The recipe for ether requires puk wing for synthesis, so does this mean that ether will no longer be able to be synthesized?

We reported the fact that ether will no longer be able to be synthesized to the development team. They responded that puk wing will be removed from the list of items that will no longer drop in patch 1.19. Thank you for noticing this.
#46 Sep 29 2011 at 5:21 PM Rating: Excellent
Magnesium02 wrote:
stuff

There is an inherent flaw in your forum signature. One of your jobs being displayed is not level 50.

...

I am disappoint.
____________________________
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Data Center: Primal; Server: Ultros; Free Company: The Kraken Club; Grand Company: The Maelstrom; Chocobo: Kweh
#47 Sep 29 2011 at 5:27 PM Rating: Excellent
**
929 posts
:sadface

But but but but its ALMOST 50 ... one more leve reset thats all I need o_o
#48 Sep 29 2011 at 5:32 PM Rating: Excellent
Magnesium02 wrote:
:sadface

But but but but its ALMOST 50 ... one more leve reset thats all I need o_o

____________________________
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Data Center: Primal; Server: Ultros; Free Company: The Kraken Club; Grand Company: The Maelstrom; Chocobo: Kweh
#49 Sep 29 2011 at 9:31 PM Rating: Good
**
465 posts
EdyNOTB wrote:
Did anyone notice the NPC vendor prices? Many of the items that were once fairly lucrative are now not so (Hides and skins for example).

Silver Ore 10,000 → 1,500

I made roughly 50 million selling silver nuggets, and it could've been much more if I had been more consistent about it.. Ores for 1.5k changes all that.
____________________________
Lodestone
#50 Sep 29 2011 at 9:56 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Coyohma wrote:
EdyNOTB wrote:
Did anyone notice the NPC vendor prices? Many of the items that were once fairly lucrative are now not so (Hides and skins for example).

Silver Ore 10,000 → 1,500

I made roughly 50 million selling silver nuggets, and it could've been much more if I had been more consistent about it.. Ores for 1.5k changes all that.


Glad to see SE is balancing the economy a little bit, then.
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#51 Sep 29 2011 at 10:46 PM Rating: Good
**
465 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
Glad to see SE is balancing the economy a little bit, then.

For sure.. What I wonder is exactly how often they want players buying materials from NPC? Do they actually mean it to be a significant source (and finally take some gil out of the economy), along with gatherers, or do they just mean for it to keep prices of materials from DoL where they want them?

Edited, Sep 30th 2011 12:46am by Coyohma
____________________________
Lodestone
« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 15 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (15)