Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

The new leve system helps casuals Follow

#1 Oct 01 2011 at 2:24 PM Rating: Default
*
54 posts
but what about the people who want to level at a faster rate, pre R40+ there seems to be no SP parties on besaid and it's not like i can just grab quest and do them like other games.
im trying to grind from 20s to 40s asap anyone have tips since the only other choice is log off for days and wait for leves to stack up.

Edited, Oct 1st 2011 4:29pm by kennygotgame
#2 Oct 01 2011 at 2:32 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
**
575 posts
In XI you would be told to "quit ******** and form your own party". I see no reason that argument can't be used here as well.
#3 Oct 01 2011 at 2:37 PM Rating: Excellent
In 3 days you can duo grind in the level 25 dungeon. If you can't find one person to level with...well I don't know how you couldn't.
____________________________
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Data Center: Primal; Server: Ultros; Free Company: The Kraken Club; Grand Company: The Maelstrom; Chocobo: Kweh
#4 Oct 01 2011 at 3:03 PM Rating: Decent
*
54 posts
Vawn43 wrote:
In XI you would be told to "quit ******** and form your own party". I see no reason that argument can't be used here as well.

Ok let me magically form my own party with invisible members
#5 Oct 01 2011 at 3:03 PM Rating: Decent
*
54 posts
StateAlchemist of Amestris wrote:
In 3 days you can duo grind in the level 25 dungeon. If you can't find one person to level with...well I don't know how you couldn't.

I shall see how this works out
#6 Oct 01 2011 at 8:55 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
22 posts
If you want to level fast then for levels 1-20 you should pretty much 3-5 star each leve. Add Guardian's Aspect on high star leves. Grind in between, with some behests and you should level up pretty quickly. For leves level 30+ I would 5star initially to see how high you can handle. If you die just means you have to go 1 star lower. I tend to have leve monsters at least 6-10 levels above yours. This will net you maximum sp per leve per reset. Right now for my level 48 arch I net around 40k+ sp per reset just on leves. Add behest I get another 4k per behest. Add grinding to the forumula and you level even faster. I myself am lazy therefore I just do leves, craft till behest.

Edited, Oct 1st 2011 10:56pm by dooglee
#7 Oct 02 2011 at 12:37 AM Rating: Decent
*
52 posts
Don't you have a link shell? there should be at least one person near your level range who wants to party for a while.

A 2man party at raptors 40+ gives like 25k sp from clearing the 3 nearby camps.

Add exp + link chains and then teleporting back to camp iron lake for behests(6k+ sp) then chocobo fast travel back to the camping spots.

Easy 50k+ sp an hour.

Edited, Oct 2nd 2011 2:38am by FluttershyPony
#8 Oct 02 2011 at 3:53 AM Rating: Good
I'm on besaid and I see maybe 3-4 separate shouts for r20-30 party every time I'm in uldy. Form a static of friends, join an active linkshell with members at your rank and don't be afraid to start you own party either by party search function or just a plain old '/sh'.
____________________________
Esuna Forums

#9 Oct 02 2011 at 6:15 AM Rating: Decent
*
54 posts
EdyNOTB, pet mage of Jabober wrote:
I'm on besaid and I see maybe 3-4 separate shouts for r20-30 party every time I'm in uldy. Form a static of friends, join an active linkshell with members at your rank and don't be afraid to start you own party either by party search function or just a plain old '/sh'.

Thats a lie cause ive seen one and it never got full and it was 24-29 stayed at 3/7 then nothing.
#10 Oct 02 2011 at 7:19 AM Rating: Default
Sage
**
575 posts
Quit ******** and form your own party. Or at the very least, just quit *********
#11 Oct 02 2011 at 8:18 AM Rating: Good
***
1,566 posts
Quote:
[dev1132] Several adjustments have been made to overall experience point rewards and the current party bonus algorithm.

The following are used to calculate experience point rewards:

Level-based EXP
The general rule for calculating experience point awards is to divide the amount of experience needed to level up by the number of encounters the current level* is intended to last. The amount of EXP yielded increases proportional to character level.
* The level used in this calculation is either the player's or the enemy's, whichever is lower.
Difference Between Player and Enemy Levels
Higher level enemies will yield more EXP, while lower level enemies will yield less. This revision will not greatly affect the amount of EXP obtainable. However, a cap will be imposed upon the bonus awarded to players for defeating higher level enemies.
Party Size
Each additional member in the party reduces the amount of experience points yielded. Although the reduction is greater than before, it will be offset by the bonuses granted by EXP chains and linking.
Enemy Type
As the variance in strength between enemies has been reduced (see below), enemy type will not influence EXP yield.
* The exception to the above is those enemies deemed extremely weak or strong.
Link Bonus (see below)
Experience point bonuses are now rewarded for defeating enemies which appear together with the initial target.
EXP Chain (see below)
Defeating enemies in quick succession will now earn players experience point bonuses.
Guardian's Aspect
Invoking Guardian's Aspect when activating a levequest will grant players an experience point bonus upon quest completion.
Gear
There are several pieces of low-level gear which grant their wearers experience point bonuses.


Quote:
[dev1027] Enemy attributes have been adjusted.

Certain varieties of enemies who were disproportionately strong for their level have been adjusted in order to make an enemy's level a more accurate indication of it's strength. Based on this revision, enemy characteristics such as strong attack or defense will be kept to within the bounds of level.


Quote:
[dev1030] The distribution of enemies in several areas has been adjusted.


Quote:
[dev1146] Enemy re-spawn timers have been adjusted.


Quote:
[dev1026] The system of claiming enemies has been overhauled.

Until now, only players who claimed a target would receive experience points, loot, and fulfill quest objectives for defeating it. Also, the system limited a party to laying claim to only a single target at a time. This meant that if players attempted to engage and defeat groups of enemies, they would not receive the benefits of doing so. In order to address these issues and a number of others, a new claiming system has been implemented.

All enemies can be attacked regardless of claim.* However, only the player or party that first engaged the enemy will earn the rewards.
* Content-specific enemies such as those appearing in levequests and behest can be engaged only by participating players.
Engaging one enemy among an enemy group gives you claim over the entire group.

The color of an enemy's name indicates your eligibility for rewards upon defeating it.

The following changes have been made in conjunction with revisions to the claiming system:

Players who are incurring enmity will be unable to recover HP and MP at an aetheryte.
It is possible to use the Party function during battle.
* Restrictions may be imposed for content such as instanced raids.
Battle music will now play as soon as an enemy is engaged.
Defeating an enemy whose HP was reduced will yield full EXP.


Quote:
[dev1131] An enemy linking system has been implemented.

The system allows an enemy to call for help based on the strength of the party that engaged it. Enemies will link when:

An enemy detects and attacks the player.
The player engages an enemy.
* In principle, enemies will call for help only once. Newly arrived enemies will not call for further help.
* Enemies belonging to a group will not call for help, nor will they go to the aid of others.

The linking process occurs in the following manner:

The number of reinforcing enemies is based on the difference in strength between the enemy and the player it has engaged.
Enemies in the area will answer the call for help regardless of species, beginning with those nearest.
* Certain powerful enemies do not link.
* Enemies must be within a certain distance to link.


Quote:
[dev1132] New EXP bonuses have been implemented.

Link Bonus

Link bonuses are granted based on how many enemies have linked. Each additional linked enemy increases the amount of EXP you will receive.


Linked Enemies EXP Bonus
1 +25%
2 +50%
3 +75%
4 or more +100%

EXP Chain

An EXP Chain occurs when players consecutively defeat enemies of equal or higher level than themselves within a specific amount of time. As the chain increases, so too will the EXP bonus. However, the time limit* between kills will also shorten.
* The time allotted for slaying the next foe in order to continue the chain.


Just a hunch, but it seems it'll be significantly easier to find/build parties after 1.19. The reason people don't grind so much right now until 40+ is because of the dismal exp returns when group grinding.
#12 Oct 02 2011 at 10:31 AM Rating: Decent
*
52 posts
>Thats a lie cause ive seen one and it never got full and it was 24-29 stayed at 3/7 then nothing

cause party leveling is optimal with 2-3 people.

only an imbecile would make a 4+ party group unless it's a behest/instance/NM/quest-link or just a linkshell group that wants to hang out.

Edited, Oct 2nd 2011 12:31pm by FluttershyPony
#13 Oct 02 2011 at 11:09 AM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Vawn43 wrote:
In XI you would be told to "quit ******** and form your own party". I see no reason that argument can't be used here as well.


Oh! Maybe it can't be used because the party-making system in FFXIV is broken? Or maybe because there's a tiny base of players from which to draw to form a party in the first place? Or maybe because the game doesn't require you to have parties in anywhere near the same capacity as FFXI?

I think those three reasons are a start...
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#14 Oct 02 2011 at 11:12 AM Rating: Decent
*
54 posts
FluttershyPony wrote:
>Thats a lie cause ive seen one and it never got full and it was 24-29 stayed at 3/7 then nothing

cause party leveling is optimal with 2-3 people.

only an imbecile would make a 4+ party group unless it's a behest/instance/NM/quest-link or just a linkshell group that wants to hang out.

Edited, Oct 2nd 2011 12:31pm by FluttershyPony

yet you see people shouting for 7 members in a party.
#15 Oct 02 2011 at 12:10 PM Rating: Decent
*
54 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
Vawn43 wrote:
In XI you would be told to "quit ******** and form your own party". I see no reason that argument can't be used here as well.


Oh! Maybe it can't be used because the party-making system in FFXIV is broken? Or maybe because there's a tiny base of players from which to draw to form a party in the first place? Or maybe because the game doesn't require you to have parties in anywhere near the same capacity as FFXI?

I think those three reasons are a start...
exactly
#16 Oct 02 2011 at 12:28 PM Rating: Excellent
At least on my server, the "there's no one to party with" excuse is invalid.

There are a handful of very solid NA linkshells shaping up on Ghysal, and these linkshells are excellent for people who want to do group leve parties and exp grind parties. And, you know, you can always go and solo too... this game isn't necessarily anti-soloing.

I know, I know, you don't want to solo... but at least you can in this game. It's much better than the first several years of FFXI, when you would sometimes spend hours with your party flag up, not getting any invites. Just as it was then, the answer to your dilemma is to take the initiative and find people who want to party with you.

However, if you have yet to find a good linkshell, then I would forget about exping and do that first. Go do behests... walk around your towns... look for people who are hanging out or traveling together... send them /tells and see if they speak English. If they do, chat them up, and tell them you're looking for a new home.

If you want to party with others so badly, then you need to actually exert effort into finding a good group.
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#17 Oct 02 2011 at 12:33 PM Rating: Default
Sage
**
575 posts
Some people have to blame something or someone for their own incompetence. This will never change.

No, there is not a usable party search feature in FFXIV. No, there isn't a lot of people playing. Yet, plenty of people make the best and form parties at all level ranges with friends, linkshell members or shouting themselves. You can form your own party or keep posting on here how it is impossible to do so. Doesn't matter much me to me either way.
#18 Oct 02 2011 at 12:42 PM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
No, there is not a usable party search feature in FFXIV. No, there isn't a lot of people playing.


True that.

But a good number of the people who are still playing are here for the long haul, and as these big updates keep coming, the population is bound to inch back up. If Square Enix ever gets around to implementing a real party search feature -- and linkshell management tools -- then the difficulties of grouping will be solved very fast.
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#19 Oct 02 2011 at 5:24 PM Rating: Decent
*
54 posts
I sit in town shouting all day, If this was FFXI atleast i'd have a party by now. Of course i can go solo (grind like this is a F2P Korean MMO) but...NOTHX
#20 Oct 02 2011 at 5:51 PM Rating: Decent
*
54 posts
Here's hoping the new XP system makes people want to level more for xp chains. too bad there are no merit points to earn at 50 with level sync with gear tweaking.
#21 Oct 02 2011 at 6:21 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,566 posts
kennygotgame wrote:
I sit in town shouting all day, If this I was a WHM/WAR/BLM in FFXI atleast i'd have a party by now. Of course i can go solo (grind like this is a F2P Korean MMO) but...NOTHX


Fixed that for you.

I recall going days/weeks/months in XI without parties because of a mix of not choosing to level the flavor of the month at given times and not having the proper selection of jobs in my level range (i.e. healer/tank/refresher).
#22 Oct 02 2011 at 6:35 PM Rating: Default
*
54 posts
Sephrick wrote:
kennygotgame wrote:
I sit in town shouting all day, If this I was a WHM/WAR/BLM in FFXI atleast i'd have a party by now. Of course i can go solo (grind like this is a F2P Korean MMO) but...NOTHX


Fixed that for you.

I recall going days/weeks/months in XI without parties because of a mix of not choosing to level the flavor of the month at given times and not having the proper selection of jobs in my level range (i.e. healer/tank/refresher).

When was the last time you played FFXI?
#23 Oct 02 2011 at 7:33 PM Rating: Excellent
I hope the exp process in this game doesn't become what FFXI is now!
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#24 Oct 02 2011 at 9:05 PM Rating: Decent
*
54 posts
Thayos wrote:
I hope the exp process in this game doesn't become what FFXI is now!

isnt ffxi fast now?
#25 Oct 02 2011 at 11:24 PM Rating: Excellent
FFXI is fast now, but it's so easy that it's not really fun. While we shouldn't want FFXIV to return to the painfully grindy beginnings of FFXI, we also shouldn't want FFXIV to be as ridiculously easy as FFXI is now... otherwise, what's the point?
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#26 Oct 03 2011 at 5:02 AM Rating: Default
*
54 posts
Thayos wrote:
FFXI is fast now, but it's so easy that it's not really fun. While we shouldn't want FFXIV to return to the painfully grindy beginnings of FFXI, we also shouldn't want FFXIV to be as ridiculously easy as FFXI is now... otherwise, what's the point?


I think at the stage of FFXI life it's good that it's fast. it's so much to do when you hit the cap that you won't be without fun just because you leveled fast.
#27 Oct 03 2011 at 12:10 PM Rating: Decent
First of all, basic FF rule, if you can't find a party make one.

/shout, people will join you. You have to do some research on the right party camps for your range or ask your LS friends where you should go. Likely, someone who joins you will know where to go.

18-25 go to Nananwa Mines and fight Puks. Party of 3-8 is great.
18-25 camp just South of Bloodshore by the tower killing Giant Crabs.

25-30 the best way by far is to SP in Toto-Rak. You need 4/4 and you want levels 25-35. You get excellent SP, tehn switch to a higher job to kill bosses for drops. You just need 1/4 in your party to have a R50 and you can take down the 3rd boss with ease.

(Skill Point) (Party) 25-35 (Instanced Raid) (Do you need it?) 1/4

This will net you about 16k @ ~R25, to about 10k @ ~ R35, each run (less than hour). People know this and will join you.

R25-32 you can also do Hippogryphs NW of Camp Dragonhead.

After that, R33-42, it's Ixali @ Treespeak and Raptors @ Iron Lake. Also a good Ixali Camp at Camp Glory, if you have the anima to go between the two.

Easy to create these parties. Easier during peak playtimes. Have never needed more tahn an hour to create one. I'd say perhaps 30 minutes is the average time to get one together.

After you are 40+ you can just solo R40 leves and complete storyline quests and you will be 50 in a week or two. BTW, Storyline quests reward SP based an a percentage of your current To-Next-Rank requirements, best to save these until you are 40+.

The 45+ camp is Grass Raptors at Boulders Downs. This is the most common party shout, but by no means the only SP parties happening.

I disagree that partying in groups of 3-4 groups is more efficient than a larger party. The SP hit per member is (literally) fractional compared to the faster kill times, easier heals, less death AND you can continue on with party well after the first couple members have to leave. It's brilliant to have party system that awards 4 or 8 player parties and yet that it is not at all necessary to get good SP.
#28 Oct 03 2011 at 5:40 PM Rating: Decent
*
54 posts
SmashingtonWho wrote:
First of all, basic FF rule, if you can't find a party make one.

I was gonna quote it all but it's too long :D. but thanks i will give all this a try cause i want my conj and thm to be 50 asap.
Also to the people who keep saying "make one" if it were that easy trust me i would.

Edited, Oct 3rd 2011 7:40pm by kennygotgame
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)