Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Ok why is there no ******* GearFollow

#1 Oct 05 2011 at 8:54 PM Rating: Default
22 posts
Why is there no ******* Low level gear=_=... Auction house can't come soon enough... atleast FFXI had basic NPCs around selling low level gear...doesn't even exist here and if you do wanna buy what little is available its crap and its insanely expensive. People if your crafting Sell low level stuff too you will sell it=_=
#2 Oct 05 2011 at 9:04 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,530 posts
Crimsonreign wrote:
... atleast FFXI had basic NPCs around selling low level gear...doesn't even exist here and if you do wanna buy what little is available its crap and its insanely expensive.


So does it exist or not?

Regardless, there are NPCs in every city who sell tons of low-level gear for all classes; weapons, armour, &c.; SE even lowered the prices on them... it's really not that hard, I don't know what else to say. >_<
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#3 Oct 05 2011 at 9:12 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
31 posts
It's very possible people haven't set up their retainers in the wards yet again, I know I haven't. I've used the bell in the Quicksand to call it to exchange items that were now longer of use and to get rid of them to the vendors, aka parts I wasn't gonna craft fully.
#4 Oct 05 2011 at 9:20 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
611 posts
I once had a wise and old Galka tell me that, "I was a fool if I expected to find gear (or items) appropriate to my level by utilizing the most simplistic form of acquisition." He continued, "Short term gain will not help your pocket young Elf. All it takes is a bit of research and patience and you will find what you are looking for."

Sage advice that still aids in my MMO way-of-playing until this day. Thanks Purerage.
____________________________
FFXI Ronyn RDM 75 (R.I.P.) -Fairy / BarretJax 95 MNK (Non-Active) - Asura
Ronin Olorin / Ronyn Oloryn (Active) - Ultros Server

"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence." - Max Ehrmann
#6 Oct 05 2011 at 10:08 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,998 posts
Crimsonreign wrote:
please kill yourself.

No one is going to give two sh*ts about your OP after saying this you know. It's just not an acceptable comment in any situation.

XIV actually does have(or, did?) NPCs that sold lower level gear. They were all in the various market wards. Prices were plain retarded but they were there. I can't actually get these npcs to load anymore, besides their icon showing up(DoW NPC loads for me but no others).

And with this patch SE added npcs in each of the classes(Well DoW/DoM) Guilds that sell lv.1-35ish gear for that job(All new gear as well, nothing dated).
Prices are still pretty **** dumb though. Lv.23 Marauder weapon is 100kish which just feels odd. Also Bills are ugly.

It's not a great selection at all, but it is there. I've only looked at Marauder/Pugilist/Gladiator sellers so far and they at least had Dodoskin Harness/Subligar/Calligae/Pot Helm/Leather Mittens, which would be fine for any DoW around 12 or so. These pieces weren't so bad in price either, something anyone could afford from leves alone at least.

Kind of made fun of a guy for saying this last night, but it has only been a day. Retainers are being constantly ejected from wards, so it's difficult to keep anything up for long. All of the old recipes are gone, so people are having to get different mats to make the current gear(Like Aldgoat Leather and the new dyes).

But, things may end up like they were pre-patch, with very few people making or selling lower level gear. An Auction House wouldn't change this at all. Play XI right now, look for gear level 10-20. Nothing is going to be there. Auction House really has nothing to do with the availability of any gear, and I honestly couldn't care less if it ever exists in this game.
For now all you can do is deal with these NPCs. Go to the guild of the class you are trying to level and see what they have. I don't know what Archer/Thaumaturge/Conjurer has available, but there was a list somewhere from SE.

EDIT: Found the forum post listing the names, locations, and what these NPCs sell here. In a later post on this same thing they mention some NPCs not even listed there that seem to sell more level 20 and under gear. Going to log on and try and hunt these npcs down to see if they actually exist.
EDIT again: The patch notes about 75% of the way down the page lists these npcs, they seem(in Gridania at least) to be to the left or right of the Leve counter. There was a ton of lower level gear there, regular DoW/DoM stuff and even DoH/DoL gear. Some weapons and tools were sold at the other counter, some for each job. You shouldn't have much of a problem getting gear now if you can afford it. It is still far to high for the amount of gil flowing in to newer people.

Edited, Oct 5th 2011 11:40pm by Uchitoru
____________________________
This used to be pretty fun.
#7 Oct 05 2011 at 10:53 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
chomama wrote:
I once had a wise and old Galka tell me that, "I was a fool if I expected to find gear (or items) appropriate to my level by utilizing the most simplistic form of acquisition." He continued, "Short term gain will not help your pocket young Elf. All it takes is a bit of research and patience and you will find what you are looking for."

Sage advice that still aids in my MMO way-of-playing until this day. Thanks Purerage.


What a nice story. :)
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#8Crimsonreign, Posted: Oct 05 2011 at 11:41 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) none of those NPCS exist which brings up the fact the game is broken for anyone starting new. End of story. Maybe you should do your part while the game was on cruise control for you and give new players a hand.
#9 Oct 06 2011 at 12:23 AM Rating: Default
22 posts
how is someone new to the game suppose to afford gear when each piece is 50-70k? level 12 stuff is that expensive. there a few pieces of level 8 stuff but its common gear that sucks adds nothing and still cost 20k and is terrible. so tell me how this is playable for low levels.
#10 Oct 06 2011 at 12:26 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
Just go to whichever Guild that you want stuff for, the NPC selling that class equipment is just next to the counter.
____________________________



[ffxivsig]1807831[/ffxivsig]
#11 Oct 06 2011 at 12:27 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,998 posts
Crimsonreign wrote:
none of those NPCS exist which brings up the fact the game is broken for anyone starting new. End of story. Maybe you should do your part while the game was on cruise control for you and give new players a hand.

No, these NPC's do exist. I logged on just to check it myself, and they are(Gridania at least) right where SE said they should be.
I really don't know if Ul'Dahs or Limsa's are also in the Adventurer's guild but that's where I found them in Gridania. They weren't mentioned in the earlier post, but were announced during the actual patch notes. They are there.

But the ones in some of the wards do seem to be gone, or something is plain wrong with my game. Can't see a point in them existing now anyways when they wouldn't sell anything different from these newer npcs anyways.

Not sure who that last part was directed at. No one owes you or anyone else anything. No one really wore lower level gear much before, so people just didn't craft it unless it was for themselves for the most part. If it doesn't sell then it's not worth doing, no matter what the other benefits(Outfitting lower levels that do want this gear) may be. This might end up as a more popular option now that you really can't wear over or under level gear without getting your face eaten. But, who knows.

Especially with these currently broken wards. Kind of sick of throwing my retainer up there now.
Edit:
Crimsonreign wrote:
how is someone new to the game suppose to afford gear when each piece is 50-70k? level 12 stuff is that expensive. there a few pieces of level 8 stuff but its common gear that sucks adds nothing and still cost 20k and is terrible. so tell me how this is playable for low levels.

I'm not going to disagree with any of that. The NPC prices are stupid high for the gears actual worth, but this is the only option.
A new player isn't going to get enough gil to afford all of this stuff from leves or quests currently. By the time they will have gained enough gil to afford it, they will be above the level where it's even useful. This is absolutely broken, but it doesn't look like SE is going to be changing that anytime soon.
They clearly hope that Crafters will make this stuff to sell, and the NPC price would sit as a guideline(You could, or shouldn't at least, never charge above their price for the item), but this just isn't happening.
I personally just get what I can when I can. It's rough, it kind of sucks, and it does push me away from the game a bit, but things are what they are.

Edited, Oct 6th 2011 1:32am by Uchitoru
____________________________
This used to be pretty fun.
#12 Oct 06 2011 at 1:07 AM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Khornette wrote:
Just go to whichever Guild that you want stuff for, the NPC selling that class equipment is just next to the counter.


Good call on the guilds. There's finally a cheap starter shield you can get in the gladiator's guild now. 5500 for the level5 square maple shield.
____________________________

#14 Oct 06 2011 at 2:30 AM Rating: Good
***
3,962 posts
In defense of the no gear QQing, unfortunately at the moment the markets are so unstable I cant even keep anything on sale for more than an hour without them crashing my retainers out.

Victrola wrote:
It's probably like guy with 100+ hours like " I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN! " and they turn their face, so there's not many days left for them to make a friend to add to the addiction of loving themselves in a fantasy world where it's necessary.

Can you explain this to me? http://www.youtube.com/user/BBUK2011Bits#p/u/6/rSv-8ITKMeI I can't understand what trick takes place.


Have we figured out if this guy is...

  • Stoned out of his mind?
  • Best troll ever?
  • Developmentally challenged?
  • Worlds most lifelike bot?


Yet? I'm honestly starting to wonder more and more about this than I am about the future of this game...



Edited, Oct 6th 2011 1:31am by RamseySylph
#15 Oct 06 2011 at 2:59 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,426 posts


victrola i haven't started working on your image transfer yet but i think the answer to the video youtube impossible or not question is most definitely trick photography, probably digital. maybe a rebel Eo5. but some questions are best left as mysteries you know? like the whole galka thing. i mean, is it a monk or a pugilist? only time will tell but we can all agree the positive direction it's going is undeniable, like the cultural boiling point which some people are not ready for yet.
____________________________
monk
dragoon
[ffxivsig]477065[/ffxivsig]
#16 Oct 06 2011 at 6:58 AM Rating: Excellent
**
941 posts
Quote:
Why is there no @#%^ing Low level gear=_=... Auction house can't come soon enough... atleast FFXI had basic NPCs around selling low level gear...doesn't even exist here and if you do wanna buy what little is available its crap and its insanely expensive. People if your crafting Sell low level stuff too you will sell it=_=


There's a massive amount of new vendors - and DoL/DoH/DoW/DoM specific vendors in their guilds.

ALSO: There's a WEAPON and an ARMOR vendorin EVERY CITY SELLING GEAR UP TO 20+ish.

I decked out my new level 1 ARC for like 5k-8k gold (or less? everything low level was very cheap) and went out and had a good time.

They even ORGANIZE it by armor types for you. You don't even have to go NEAR a Market Ward to get gear up to like rank 22ish. The later tend to be on the exspensive side - but I'd say around level 20 is a good starting point to look for player made gear as well. The stuff lower then that is much cheaper.


edit:

Look, I'll even look it up for you in the patch notes.

Tiphina Limsa Lominsa
Lower Decks (5,5) Level 21 and above smallclothes (Roegadyn and Highlanders)

Aylard Limsa Lominsa
Lower Decks (4,7) Marauder gear

Adri Limsa Lominsa
Upper Decks (7,7) Blacksmith gear

Marcelain Limsa Lominsa
Upper Decks (7,7) Armorer gear

Reremaki Limsa Lominsa
Upper Decks (6,3) Culinarian gear

Unsynwilf Limsa Lominsa
Lower Decks (5,6) Fisher gear

Syneyhil Limsa Lominsa
Fieldcraft Ward (1,1) Disciple of the Land gear

Thora Limsa Lominsa
Tradescraft Ward (1,1) Disciple of the Hand gear

T'noggya Limsa Lominsa
Airship Landing (1,1) Lominsan produce

H'fudzol Gridania (6,4) Level 21 and above smallclothes (Elezen and Mi'qote)

Roustebant Gridania (7,2) Lancer gear

Doelle Gridania (8,5) Archer gear

Jeulerand Gridania (2,1) Conjurer gear

Ulric Gridania (6,5) Carpenter gear

Voyce Gridania (7,3) Leatherworker gear

D'bhonja Gridania (4,3) Botanist gear

Grillairmais Gridania
Fieldcraft Den (1,1) Disciple of the Land gear

Templeton Gridania
Tradescraft Den (1,1) Disciple of the Hand gear

Aeduin Gridania (6,6) Gridanian/Coerthas produce

Wawapo Ul'dah Merchant Strip (6,4) Level 21 and above smallclothes (Midlander and Lalafell)

G'wahaii Ul'dah Merchant Strip (5,4) Pugilist gear

Thrydwulf Ul'dah Merchant Strip (5,5) Gladiator gear

Nonosu Ul'dah Merchant Strip (4,5) Thaumaturge gear

Sreda Ul'dah Merchant Strip (6,6) Goldsmith gear

Rosamund Ul'dah Merchant Strip (7,6) Weaver gear

Quimperain Ul'dah Hustings Strip (5,6) Alchemist gear

Eminne Ul'dah Merchant Strip (6,6) Miner gear

Tetetoka Ul'dah
Fieldcraft Row (2,1) Disciple of the Land gear

Amenie Ul'dah
Tradescraft Row (2,1) Disciple of the Hand gear

Waeksatz Ul'dah Airship Landing (1,1) Ul'dahn/Mor Dhona produce

Tylswaen Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks (7,5) Level 20 and below weapons and tools

Waebahct Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks (7,5) Level 20 and below armor

Zagylhaemr Gridania (6,6) Level 20 and below weapons and tools

Naih Khamazom Gridania (6,6) Level 20 and below armor

Etgar Ul'dah Merchant Strip (6,4) Level 20 and below weapons and tools

Ganelon Ul'dah Merchant Strip (6,4) Level 20 and below armor


Edited, Oct 6th 2011 9:00am by EmotionBlues
#18Crimsonreign, Posted: Oct 06 2011 at 12:56 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Your ******* retarded GO look at the NPCS before you post your garbage in my thread. Those ******* items are 75k a piece NO ******* new player can afford that gear.
#19 Oct 06 2011 at 1:18 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*
117 posts
Crimsonreign wrote:
Your @#%^ing retarded GO look at the NPCS before you post your garbage in my thread. Those @#%^ing items are 75k a piece NO @#%^ing new player can afford that gear.



This remind me of a song... "Hey Mr. Rager, Mr. Rager"

Just an FYI there is no Auction House in the works, unless they are keeping it under wraps and not telling anyone about it.

I heard raging on the ZAM forums will fix your problems. Maybe you should join a LS or 5 and befriend some crafters or people who can help you out. Maybe you should level a crafting profession and make your own low level gear. Maybe you should farm some leve / mobs / shards and sell them.

Or maybe... you should just calm down and realize its a game.
#20 Oct 06 2011 at 1:19 PM Rating: Decent
**
941 posts
All the low level gear is like 300-900gil a piece. Very high priced. Nerf!
#21 Oct 06 2011 at 1:31 PM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
Quote:
Or maybe... you should just calm down and realize its a game.


Or just save yourself a trip to anger management classes and just quit. >.>
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#22 Oct 06 2011 at 1:47 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Debates are fine and keep the community interesting if anything, but at a certain point, you need to quit gettin' mad at video games.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#23 Oct 06 2011 at 4:49 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
2,998 posts
EmotionBlues wrote:
All the low level gear is like 300-900gil a piece. Very high priced. Nerf!

The really low level gear is maybe around that price, but the lv.10 and above stuff is far more than that. 10-40k a piece for a lot of things, which is quite a bit. The level 20 jacket is 100k for some insane reason, most of the other body pieces around that level are around the same.

Quote:
Maybe you should level a crafting profession and make your own low level gear.

That's actually not so great of an idea now. The cost to get to a level where you can make your own gear may end up being more expensive then just buying the stuff.
Depending on job he may end up needing quite a few different crafts to make everything as well. It sounds like an awesome idea really, but doesn't actually work out so well.

I'm not really defending his anger or anything, it's really just getting ridiculous right now. He has some valid points, but they're all lost in the profanity and rage.
"Find a LS" is so easy to type, but really isn't that easy(now) in the actual game.

Edit: I have such a massive problem with then and than :/


Edited, Oct 6th 2011 5:51pm by Uchitoru
____________________________
This used to be pretty fun.
#24 Oct 06 2011 at 6:07 PM Rating: Excellent
****
9,526 posts
You should chill a bit bro. I totally agree this is a problem, but it isn't like, a real problem like you know, getting **** cancer or something.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#25 Oct 06 2011 at 10:57 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Olorinus wrote:
You should chill a bit bro. I totally agree this is a problem, but it isn't like, a real problem like you know, getting **** cancer or something.


Quit gettin' mad at **** cancer.
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#26 Oct 06 2011 at 11:43 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
935 posts
EmotionBlues wrote:
All the low level gear is like 300-900gil a piece. Very high priced. Nerf!


I am a recently returning player, I can only assume this is referring to the VERY low level (level 1) stuff? The level 10-25 is selling for generally 15-100k each, from what I gathered browsing the list that was linked in this thread. That still seems to be a bit much for all the new players we are welcoming with 1.19..

____________________________
Discretion is the name of my cement-feathered bird ...
#27 Oct 07 2011 at 6:09 AM Rating: Decent
EmotionBlues wrote:
Quote:
Why is there no @#%^ing Low level gear=_=... Auction house can't come soon enough... atleast FFXI had basic NPCs around selling low level gear...doesn't even exist here and if you do wanna buy what little is available its crap and its insanely expensive. People if your crafting Sell low level stuff too you will sell it=_=


There's a massive amount of new vendors - and DoL/DoH/DoW/DoM specific vendors in their guilds.

ALSO: There's a WEAPON and an ARMOR vendorin EVERY CITY SELLING GEAR UP TO 20+ish.

I decked out my new level 1 ARC for like 5k-8k gold (or less? everything low level was very cheap) and went out and had a good time.

They even ORGANIZE it by armor types for you. You don't even have to go NEAR a Market Ward to get gear up to like rank 22ish. The later tend to be on the exspensive side - but I'd say around level 20 is a good starting point to look for player made gear as well. The stuff lower then that is much cheaper.


edit:

Look, I'll even look it up for you in the patch notes.

Tiphina Limsa Lominsa
Lower Decks (5,5) Level 21 and above smallclothes (Roegadyn and Highlanders)

Aylard Limsa Lominsa
Lower Decks (4,7) Marauder gear

Adri Limsa Lominsa
Upper Decks (7,7) Blacksmith gear

Marcelain Limsa Lominsa
Upper Decks (7,7) Armorer gear

Reremaki Limsa Lominsa
Upper Decks (6,3) Culinarian gear

Unsynwilf Limsa Lominsa
Lower Decks (5,6) Fisher gear

Syneyhil Limsa Lominsa
Fieldcraft Ward (1,1) Disciple of the Land gear

Thora Limsa Lominsa
Tradescraft Ward (1,1) Disciple of the Hand gear

T'noggya Limsa Lominsa
Airship Landing (1,1) Lominsan produce

H'fudzol Gridania (6,4) Level 21 and above smallclothes (Elezen and Mi'qote)

Roustebant Gridania (7,2) Lancer gear

Doelle Gridania (8,5) Archer gear

Jeulerand Gridania (2,1) Conjurer gear

Ulric Gridania (6,5) Carpenter gear

Voyce Gridania (7,3) Leatherworker gear

D'bhonja Gridania (4,3) Botanist gear

Grillairmais Gridania
Fieldcraft Den (1,1) Disciple of the Land gear

Templeton Gridania
Tradescraft Den (1,1) Disciple of the Hand gear

Aeduin Gridania (6,6) Gridanian/Coerthas produce

Wawapo Ul'dah Merchant Strip (6,4) Level 21 and above smallclothes (Midlander and Lalafell)

G'wahaii Ul'dah Merchant Strip (5,4) Pugilist gear

Thrydwulf Ul'dah Merchant Strip (5,5) Gladiator gear

Nonosu Ul'dah Merchant Strip (4,5) Thaumaturge gear

Sreda Ul'dah Merchant Strip (6,6) Goldsmith gear

Rosamund Ul'dah Merchant Strip (7,6) Weaver gear

Quimperain Ul'dah Hustings Strip (5,6) Alchemist gear

Eminne Ul'dah Merchant Strip (6,6) Miner gear

Tetetoka Ul'dah
Fieldcraft Row (2,1) Disciple of the Land gear

Amenie Ul'dah
Tradescraft Row (2,1) Disciple of the Hand gear

Waeksatz Ul'dah Airship Landing (1,1) Ul'dahn/Mor Dhona produce

Tylswaen Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks (7,5) Level 20 and below weapons and tools

Waebahct Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks (7,5) Level 20 and below armor

Zagylhaemr Gridania (6,6) Level 20 and below weapons and tools

Naih Khamazom Gridania (6,6) Level 20 and below armor

Etgar Ul'dah Merchant Strip (6,4) Level 20 and below weapons and tools

Ganelon Ul'dah Merchant Strip (6,4) Level 20 and below armor


Edited, Oct 6th 2011 9:00am by EmotionBlues


Owned. Get the stick outta yer azz brah

Edited, Oct 7th 2011 8:10am by IKickYoDog
____________________________
Our team is like a flock of woodpeckers in a petrified forest. We just need to keep working and keep an eye open for opportunity.

FFXI
Toofar - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - WHM BLM SMN
Rafoot - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - THF SAM BRD
#28 Oct 07 2011 at 1:25 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
205 posts
I'm just waiting for all the recipes on none dated gear to become available. I'd make tons of 1-30 gear if I knew what it was I could make.
#29 Oct 07 2011 at 2:11 PM Rating: Decent
**
941 posts
Quote:
I am a recently returning player, I can only assume this is referring to the VERY low level (level 1) stuff? The level 10-25 is selling for generally 15-100k each, from what I gathered browsing the list that was linked in this thread. That still seems to be a bit much for all the new players we are welcoming with 1.19..


Yes.

For 15-25 - it's time to start poking around in the Market Wards for stuff. MMOs will commonly put lower level gear available cheap (aka: Starting gear) but as the gear raises in level - the price goes up at a much sharper rate.

If you could buy level 20-25 gear from a vendor for 10k gil - no crafter would ever make it beyond to skill up on and then vendor it out. The price on the vendor helps control the Market Ward price - obviously people may list it above the price and some person who doesn't know better will buy it - but that's true of all MMOs AH systems (for the most part) - people will try to exploit others for more profit by overpricing things.

So the level 20 whatever might be 75k - but that means once crafters start making gear it will most likely be 20-40k if they have competition and lots of other factors.

You're not really supposed to buy that stuff unless you've got no other choice. It's harsh for new people but without this balance prices could/probably would be far more harsh unless it was a common 'level up' item everyone made.

I don't think anyone would say that the level 13ish and below stuff is incredibly unreasonable - and that lasts you until about 20.

Edited, Oct 7th 2011 4:12pm by EmotionBlues
#30 Oct 07 2011 at 2:12 PM Rating: Decent
**
941 posts
Quote:
I'm just waiting for all the recipes on none dated gear to become available. I'd make tons of 1-30 gear if I knew what it was I could make.


Yeah, that's the other issue right now. Currently yes - it poses a problem - but the groundwork for vendor prices needed to be laid out first to keep things in check once gear starts getting pumped out.

Since the majority of folks will already know how much these vendor items cost beforehand (from leveling themselves, checking new stuff out and seeing the price, etc) it will help establish a market price/a mindset for market prices even before the gear is made en-masse.

Edited, Oct 7th 2011 4:14pm by EmotionBlues
#31 Oct 07 2011 at 3:19 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,962 posts
EmotionBlues wrote:
Quote:
I'm just waiting for all the recipes on none dated gear to become available. I'd make tons of 1-30 gear if I knew what it was I could make.


Yeah, that's the other issue right now. Currently yes - it poses a problem - but the groundwork for vendor prices needed to be laid out first to keep things in check once gear starts getting pumped out.

Since the majority of folks will already know how much these vendor items cost beforehand (from leveling themselves, checking new stuff out and seeing the price, etc) it will help establish a market price/a mindset for market prices even before the gear is made en-masse.

Edited, Oct 7th 2011 4:14pm by EmotionBlues


....?
#32 Oct 07 2011 at 5:38 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
935 posts
EmotionBlues wrote:
Quote:
I am a recently returning player, I can only assume this is referring to the VERY low level (level 1) stuff? The level 10-25 is selling for generally 15-100k each, from what I gathered browsing the list that was linked in this thread. That still seems to be a bit much for all the new players we are welcoming with 1.19..


Yes.

For 15-25 - it's time to start poking around in the Market Wards for stuff. MMOs will commonly put lower level gear available cheap (aka: Starting gear) but as the gear raises in level - the price goes up at a much sharper rate.

If you could buy level 20-25 gear from a vendor for 10k gil - no crafter would ever make it beyond to skill up on and then vendor it out. The price on the vendor helps control the Market Ward price - obviously people may list it above the price and some person who doesn't know better will buy it - but that's true of all MMOs AH systems (for the most part) - people will try to exploit others for more profit by overpricing things.

So the level 20 whatever might be 75k - but that means once crafters start making gear it will most likely be 20-40k if they have competition and lots of other factors.

You're not really supposed to buy that stuff unless you've got no other choice. It's harsh for new people but without this balance prices could/probably would be far more harsh unless it was a common 'level up' item everyone made.

I don't think anyone would say that the level 13ish and below stuff is incredibly unreasonable - and that lasts you until about 20.

Edited, Oct 7th 2011 4:12pm by EmotionBlues



Is there a server where this stuff is commonly being sold in the market wards? I'm currently playing on Rabanastre, and most of the wards seem...depleted to say the least of lower level equipment. No one really responds to chat requests for putting together the equipment either, I can only assume its not worth the time currently.

I'm genuinely not trying to disparage the game, just genuinely curious of any other players in low level range 10-20, and their experiences attempting to scrap together equipment.
____________________________
Discretion is the name of my cement-feathered bird ...
#33 Oct 07 2011 at 6:47 PM Rating: Decent
**
941 posts
Quote:
s there a server where this stuff is commonly being sold in the market wards? I'm currently playing on Rabanastre, and most of the wards seem...depleted to say the least of lower level equipment. No one really responds to chat requests for putting together the equipment either, I can only assume its not worth the time currently.

I'm genuinely not trying to disparage the game, just genuinely curious of any other players in low level range 10-20, and their experiences attempting to scrap together equipment.


Before the patch - I could find almost anything I was looking for.

It's only been a few days since the patch, it will take a bit for stuff to repopulate with all the new recipes, etc. However to answer your concern - I personally have NOT looked in the Wards yet, but I will check Selbina and let you know how that goes.
#34 Oct 07 2011 at 7:04 PM Rating: Excellent
Market Wards were having troubles right after patch. (That didn't help.)
____________________________
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Data Center: Primal; Server: Ultros; Free Company: The Kraken Club; Grand Company: The Maelstrom; Chocobo: Kweh
#35 Oct 08 2011 at 2:44 AM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
Germonick wrote:
EmotionBlues wrote:
Quote:
I am a recently returning player, I can only assume this is referring to the VERY low level (level 1) stuff? The level 10-25 is selling for generally 15-100k each, from what I gathered browsing the list that was linked in this thread. That still seems to be a bit much for all the new players we are welcoming with 1.19..


Yes.

For 15-25 - it's time to start poking around in the Market Wards for stuff. MMOs will commonly put lower level gear available cheap (aka: Starting gear) but as the gear raises in level - the price goes up at a much sharper rate.

If you could buy level 20-25 gear from a vendor for 10k gil - no crafter would ever make it beyond to skill up on and then vendor it out. The price on the vendor helps control the Market Ward price - obviously people may list it above the price and some person who doesn't know better will buy it - but that's true of all MMOs AH systems (for the most part) - people will try to exploit others for more profit by overpricing things.

So the level 20 whatever might be 75k - but that means once crafters start making gear it will most likely be 20-40k if they have competition and lots of other factors.

You're not really supposed to buy that stuff unless you've got no other choice. It's harsh for new people but without this balance prices could/probably would be far more harsh unless it was a common 'level up' item everyone made.

I don't think anyone would say that the level 13ish and below stuff is incredibly unreasonable - and that lasts you until about 20.

Edited, Oct 7th 2011 4:12pm by EmotionBlues



Is there a server where this stuff is commonly being sold in the market wards? I'm currently playing on Rabanastre, and most of the wards seem...depleted to say the least of lower level equipment. No one really responds to chat requests for putting together the equipment either, I can only assume its not worth the time currently.

I'm genuinely not trying to disparage the game, just genuinely curious of any other players in low level range 10-20, and their experiences attempting to scrap together equipment.


It's the same problem in my server as well, there is no gear for lvl 1-25, and the ones that are are either dated or go for 80K a piece :/
____________________________
MUTED
#36 Oct 08 2011 at 3:36 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
The patch has just been released for a few days, of course there's a rush to make as much profit as possible and people are trying to overcharge before the fever run out. After a week or two the market will be more stabilised.
____________________________



[ffxivsig]1807831[/ffxivsig]
#37 Oct 08 2011 at 5:44 AM Rating: Good
Khornette wrote:
The patch has just been released for a few days, of course there's a rush to make as much profit as possible and people are trying to overcharge before the fever run out. After a week or two the market will be more stabilised.
I'm having a hard time finding even overpriced non-dated gear. I'm being patient, though. I'm figuring there are some people sitting back and waiting to see how the prices of mats will be, or were even in the field just gathering enough to make a grinding session worth it. I'm hopeful that there will be more stuff available after this weekend.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#38 Oct 08 2011 at 6:01 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
Duke Lubriderm wrote:
Khornette wrote:
The patch has just been released for a few days, of course there's a rush to make as much profit as possible and people are trying to overcharge before the fever run out. After a week or two the market will be more stabilised.
I'm having a hard time finding even overpriced non-dated gear. I'm being patient, though. I'm figuring there are some people sitting back and waiting to see how the prices of mats will be, or were even in the field just gathering enough to make a grinding session worth it. I'm hopeful that there will be more stuff available after this weekend.


I have been selling many many stuff from 30k-100k, from lvl 26 to 50. While they are gone fast, I don't make much of a profit at the rate material is going. So until the material price going down, I don't see people selling stuff for reasonable price. On a side note, it's ironic that most of the people who complain about overpriced finished items also trying to overcharge crafters for materials (and before it was shards, yes shards).
____________________________



[ffxivsig]1807831[/ffxivsig]
#39 Oct 08 2011 at 10:19 AM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
Olorinus wrote:
You should chill a bit bro. I totally agree this is a problem, but it isn't like, a real problem like you know, getting **** cancer or something.


Quit gettin' mad at **** cancer.
But your **** knocked my eye out!

...


...

Smiley: dubious
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#40 Oct 08 2011 at 3:46 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
205 posts
Khornette wrote:
Duke Lubriderm wrote:
Khornette wrote:
The patch has just been released for a few days, of course there's a rush to make as much profit as possible and people are trying to overcharge before the fever run out. After a week or two the market will be more stabilised.
I'm having a hard time finding even overpriced non-dated gear. I'm being patient, though. I'm figuring there are some people sitting back and waiting to see how the prices of mats will be, or were even in the field just gathering enough to make a grinding session worth it. I'm hopeful that there will be more stuff available after this weekend.


I have been selling many many stuff from 30k-100k, from lvl 26 to 50. While they are gone fast, I don't make much of a profit at the rate material is going. So until the material price going down, I don't see people selling stuff for reasonable price. On a side note, it's ironic that most of the people who complain about overpriced finished items also trying to overcharge crafters for materials (and before it was shards, yes shards).


Same here with those princes on Mats. I luckily had nearly everything I needed in metal and wood but need leather. The price of the leather I want goes for almost as much as what I 'should' sell the gear for to make it practical for low level players to buy. If I had to buy the metal and wood I'd have to jack up the prices just to recoup my losses let alone make a profit.
#41 Oct 10 2011 at 12:02 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
136 posts
The explanation for this is rather simple. Before 1.17 most higher level leaves rewarded around 20k a leve, as well as behests offering a clean 5-7k each 1/2 hour leave you were able to do. Most high level players leveled this way and because of it have a lot of money, I myself played very casually over the last 4 months and have a clean 3mil that i got without a any crafting or selling of my wares. Fortunately they addressed this issue but the economy's going to be in shambles for new players for awhile. I wouldn't stress out too much however because materia is the new "in" item everyones buying, IDK if you noticed but rank 4 materia sells for about 500k and most catalysis sell for a decent amount. If your a new player the best ways to make money right now is synthesizing materia, and gathering, and while the first few levels are tough the materia system's going to do a good job of spreading wealth out quickly.

I'm also going to mention sidequests again, they offer a lot of decent starting gear worth equipping and crystallizing.

Tonight i gotta level my leather working, i'm going to stick some low level gear up in the wards tonight cause i'm sure other players are having a tough time, so if your on Rabanastre check in the Limsa wards I'm also going to try to do my part and jump start the low level economy there and set up a stand.

Edited, Oct 10th 2011 2:12am by KenJammin
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 20 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (20)