Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Patch 1.19a Patch NotesFollow

#1 Oct 13 2011 at 6:37 AM Rating: Excellent
**
941 posts
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/26963

[patch1.19a] 1.19a Patch Notes
* The following changes and additions are planned for patch 1.19a.
* All features are currently being tested, and are subject to change and postponement.
The final version of the patch notes will be released when the patch goes live.

* An important notice can be found under [dev1203] regarding the saving of actions and abilities to the action bar.


Events
•[dev1003] A new Grand Company-related sidequest has been added:

Name Client Location
Gone with the Wind Alaire Gridania (8,5)


•[dev1134] A “leve history evaluation” feature has been added.
If you have between six and eight leves in your Leve History (main menu « Journal), then you may choose to have that history evaluated at the Guildleve Counter in any of the realm’s Adventurers’ Guilds. Based on the evaluation, you will be given the option to trade your used leve plates for a single new levequest that features a special completion bonus.




The following are all factors taken into consideration in the evaluation:
•How many faction levequests of a specific type are in your history
•How many different types (Valor, Tenacity, Wisdom, etc.) of leves are in your history
•How many city-states you have accepted leves from
•Whether all the leves in your history have the same border
•The level of your highest class
Combinations of the aforementioned factors will determine the size of the completion bonus. Factors that determine all additional compensation (guild tokens, etc.) are the same as those for normal levequests.

* One leve allowance will be required to accept the levequest awarded after the evaluation.
* Completion bonuses added to the leve will be reflected in the leve details viewable in the Journal.
•[dev1028][dev1136] The following beast tribe stronghold is now accessible:




Name Location Recommended for
Natalan Coerthas Central
Highlands (42,19) Full Party (Lv. 45+)
The aforementioned sidequest “Gone with the Wind” does not need to be accepted to access Natalan.

Battle
•[dev1196] New enemies have been added.


•[dev1031] New notorious monsters have been added.




Enemy Location
Lozol Totoloq the Decapitator Natalan (42,21)


•[dev1197] The strength of low-level enemies has been adjusted.
The HP of enemies between levels 1–15 and the amount of damage they deal have been reduced. These changes will be most evident at level 1 and gradually decrease as the enemy’s level approaches 15.

•[dev1198] Spawn locations have been added for the following enemies.

Enemy Location
Brutal Sheep Coerthas Eastern Lowlands (52,33)
Coerthas Eastern Lowlands (55,35)
Coerthas Eastern Lowlands (55,31)
* This change was made to address the lack of karakul fleece, which is dropped by the brutal sheep. Further changes are planned to address similar material shortages.


•[dev1199] The rate of TP loss while not engaged in combat has been reduced from 300 TP per 3 seconds to 90 TP per 3 seconds.

Items
•[dev1200] The prices of items sold by the following NPC vendors have been adjusted:
•Iron Thunder – Limsa Lominsa Battlecraft Ward
Conayn – Gridania Battlecraft Den
Reluctant Boar – Ul’dah Battlecraft Row

Item Before After
Bronze Dagger
4,500 → 2,700
Bronze Spatha
23,400 → 7,956
Bone Hora
5,300 → 3,180
Bronze Knuckles
24,072 → 8,665
Bronze War Axe
7,000 → 4,200
Bronze Labrys
33,696 → 11,456
Maple Shortbow
6,800 → 4,080
Wrapped Maple Longbow
32,760 → 11,138
Bone Harpoon
6,800 → 4,080
Iron Spear
47,040 → 13,641


•Broenfohc – Limsa Lominsa Spellcraft Ward
Drest – Gridania Spellcraft Den
R'zalikko – Ul’dah Spellcraft Row

Item Before After
Maple Wand
4,900 → 2,940
Budding Maple Wand 17,248 → 6,554
Bone Staff 7,100 → 4,260
Brass Cudgel 33,000 → 9,900


•Faezghim – Limsa Lominsa Armorfitters Ward
Odibrand – Gridania Armorfitters Den
Isaulde – Ul’dah Armorfitters Row

Item Before After
Dodoskin Pot Helm 13,395 → 6,027
Leather Pot Helm 53,323 → 14,397
Hempen Acton 19,136 → 8,611
Dodoskin Harness 44,880 → 16,156
Cotton Tabard 53,760 → 15,590
Cotton Acton 76,176 → 20,567
Leather Jacket 105,000 → 26,250
Bronze Mitt Gauntlets 15,708 → 5,654
Leather Armguards 36,750 → 9,187
Iron-plated Jackboots 31,449 → 7,862


•G'sumbla – Limsa Lominsa Lower Tailors Ward
Seburga – Gridania Lower Tailors Den
Frageorloix – Ul’dah Lower Tailors Row

Item Before After
Straw Hat
9,000 → 3,600
Cotton Scarf 13,104 → 4,455
Dodoskin Skullcap 26,928 → 7,539
Hempen Doublet Vest 30,600 → 11,016
Cotton Shepherd's Tunic 48,620 → 13,613


•T'zanza – Limsa Lominsa Lower Tailors Ward
Kyneburg – Gridania Lower Tailors Den
Keaira – Ul’dah Lower Tailors Row

Item
Before After
Hempen Work Gloves 5,313 → 2,922
Sheepskin Mitts 6,697 → 3,013
Dodoskin Wristguard 4,928 → 1,872
Cotton Halfgloves 15,750 → 4,725
Dodoskin Ringband 19,286 → 5,592
Leather Mitts 26,661 → 7,198
Dodoskin Hunting Belt 11,220 → 4,039


•Shaylee – Limsa Lominsa Lower Tailors Ward
Urith – Gridania Lower Tailors Den
Waldhere – Ul’dah Lower Tailors Row

Item Before After
Hempen Kecks 5,803 → 2,611
Dodoskin Subligar 13,464 → 4,847
Cotton Shepherd's Slops 17,952 → 5,026
Sheepskin Leggings 7,654 → 3,444
Dodoskin Shoes 5,632 → 2,140
Dodoskin Caligae
17,952 → 6,462
Dodoskin Espadrilles 20,944 → 5,864
Leather Leggings 30,470 → 8,226


•Syneyhil – Limsa Lominsa Fieldcraft Ward
Grillairmais – Gridania Fieldcraft Den
Tetetoka – Ul’dah Fieldcraft Row

Item Before After
Plumed Bronze Pickaxe 26,600 → 8,512
Iron Hatchet 31,800 → 9,540
Elm Fishing Rod 33,000 → 9,900


•Thora – Limsa Lominsa Tradescraft Ward
Templeton – Gridania Tradescraft Den
Amenie – Ul’dah Tradescraft Row

Item Before After
Chocobotail Saw
33,600 → 9,744
Birdsbeak Hammer 26,600 → 8,512
Bronze Raising Hammer 26,600 → 8,512
Bronze Ornamental Hammer 26,600 → 8,512
Brass Head Knife 26,068 → 8,341
Bat Fang Needle 21,504 → 6,236
Brass Alembic 30,600 → 9,180
Iron Skillet 31,200 → 9,360


•Tylswaen – Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks (7,5)
Zagylhaemr – Gridania (6,6)
Etgar – Ul’dah Merchants Strip (6,4)

Item Before After
Bronze Dagger 4,500 → 2,700
Bronze Spatha 23,400 → 7,956
Bone Hora 5,300 → 3,180
Bronze Knuckles 24,072 → 8,665
Bronze War Axe 7,000 → 4,200
Bronze Labrys 33,696 → 11,456
Maple Shortbow 6,800 → 4,080
Wrapped Maple Longbow 32,760 → 11,138
Bone Harpoon 6,800 → 4,080
Iron Spear 47,040 → 13,641
Maple Wand 4,900 → 2,940
Budding Maple Wand 17,248 → 6,554
Bone Staff 7,100 → 4,260
Brass Cudgel 33,000 → 9,900
Plumed Bronze Pickaxe 26,600 → 8,512
Iron Hatchet 31,800 → 9,540
Elm Fishing Rod 33,000 → 9,900
Chocobotail Saw 33,600 → 9,744
Birdsbeak Hammer 26,600 → 8,512
Bronze Raising Hammer 26,600 → 8,512
Bronze Ornamental Hammer 26,600 → 8,512
Brass Head Knife 26,068 → 8,341
Bat Fang Needle 21,504 → 6,236
Brass Alembic 30,600 → 9,180
Iron Skillet 31,200 → 9,360


•Waebahct – Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks (7,5)
Naih Khamazom – Gridania (6,6)
Ganelon – Ul’dah Merchants Strip (6,4)

Item Before After
Straw Hat 9,000 → 3,600
Cotton Scarf 13,104 → 4,455
Dodoskin Skullcap 26,928 → 7,539
Hempen Doublet Vest 30,600 → 11,016
Cotton Shepherd's Tunic 48,620 → 13,613
Hempen Work Gloves 5,313 → 2,922
Sheepskin Mitts 6,697 → 3,013
Dodoskin Wristguard 4,928 → 1,872
Cotton Halfgloves 15,750 → 4,725
Dodoskin Ringband 19,286 → 5,592
Leather Mitts 26,661 → 7,198
Dodoskin Hunting Belt 11,220 → 4,039
Hempen Kecks 5,803 → 2,611
Dodoskin Subligar 13,464 → 4,847
Cotton Shepherd's Slops 17,952 → 5,026
Sheepskin Leggings 7,654 → 3,444
Dodoskin Shoes 5,632 → 2,140
Dodoskin Caligae 17,952 → 6,462
Dodoskin Espadrilles 20,944 → 5,864
Leather Leggings 30,470 → 8,226
Dodoskin Pot Helm 13,395 → 6,027
Leather Pot Helm 53,323 → 14,397
Hempen Acton 19,136 → 8,611
Dodoskin Harness 44,880 → 16,156
Cotton Tabard 53,760 → 15,590
Cotton Acton 76,176 → 20,567
Leather Jacket 105,000 → 26,250
Bronze Mitt Gauntlets 15,708 → 5,654
Leather Armguards 36,750 → 9,187
Iron-plated Jackboots 31,449 → 7,862

•[dev1200] The following NPC vendors have received new inventory:
•Iron Thunder – Limsa Lominsa Battlecraft Ward
Conayn – Gridania Battlecraft Den
Reluctant Boar – Ul’dah Battlecraft Row


•Tylswaen – Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks (7,5)
Zagylhaemr – Gridania (6,6)
Etgar – Ul’dah Merchants Strip (6,4)

Item Category / Requirements
Square Maple Shield Shield / Requires: GLA CNJ THM / Required Level: 5
Bronze Buckler Shield / Requires: GLA THM / Required Level: 14

•[dev1201] Rowena (Ul’dah Merchants Strip 6,4) now only requires Allagan runestones in exchange for the various gear in her master’s collection.


•[dev1202] The rate at which the Disciple of the Land ability Fingerprints of the Gods triggers has been increased. Also, once the ability has triggered, its effect will remain active for all gathering attempts at the current gathering point.


System
•[dev1203] Actions and abilities set to the action bar are now saved when changing classes.
When changing to a class for which action bar settings have been saved, those settings will automatically be loaded. Any recast timers in place will not be reset by changing classes.

As part of this feature, the below changes have been made:
•Bar placement of weapon-specific actions (e.g., conjurer’s Spirit Dart) is now saved.
•Bar placement of the Throw action is now saved. Throw may also be overwritten by other actions and unequipped from the action bar. If saved, Throw appears even when changing classes with no throwing weapon equipped. If the Throw command is overwritten or removed from the action bar, equipping a throwing weapon will cause it to automatically be set to the first available slot.

The bar placement of the Stone Throw action is saved when changing to a Disciple of War or Magic class, but not when changing to a Disciple of the Land of Hand class.

* Saved action bar settings are loaded automatically when changing classes. Since it is possible to change from a level 50 class to a level 1 class, or to change between classes with significant differences in action bar settings, it is necessary to reset existing action bar settings to implement this feature. Action bars will therefore be cleared when changing to a class for the first time after patch 1.19a goes live. Player action bar settings will then be loaded for all future changes to that class. We apologize for any inconvenience resulting from this.
•[dev1204] Map markers are now displayed for the following NPCs.
    
NPC Location
Tylswaen Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks (7,5)
Waebahct Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks (7,5)
Zagylhaemr Gridania (6,6)
Naih Khamazom Gridania (6,6)
Etgar Ul'dah Merchant Strip (6,4)
Ganelon Ul'dah Merchant Strip (6,4)

•[dev1205] The following error message now displays when attempting to log in during server maintenance:
The server is undergoing maintenance. Please try logging in again later.

Resolved Issues
•The following known issues have been addressed:
•An issue wherein the amount of EXP yielded was not adjusted properly when low- and high-level players were grouped together.
•An issue wherein Well Fed status effects for Attack Power, Accuracy, Attack Magic Potency, Magic Accuracy, and Magic Evasion would grant unintended benefits.
•An issue wherein Disciples of the Hand logging in for the first time after patch 1.19 were unable to attach materia to gear unless they changed classes.
•An issue wherein HQ items could not be delivered in Grand Company supply and provisioning missions.
•An issue wherein character animation would not display correctly when switching from active to passive mode while moving.
•An issue wherein an enemy’s Magic Resistance would not function as intended when transferring an enfeebling effect to it via the thaumaturge ability Contagion.
•An issue wherein battles could not be sustained with an enemy that had left its territory.
•An issue wherein normal movement speed would be temporarily maintained after activating or deactivating the Stealth ability while following a PC or NPC using Auto Target Lock and Autorun.
•An issue wherein normal movement speed would be temporarily maintained after activating or deactivating the Stealth ability while in first-person camera mode.
•An issue wherein untradable items that are stackable would not stack as intended when received in multiples from another player via the Loot List.
•An issue wherein the system message “Materia conversion successful!” would not fade as intended.
•An issue wherein setting two chunks of ore in the synthesis display would render certain items selectable that the player should otherwise be unable to craft.
•An issue wherein the level requirements for crafting the following items were incorrect:
•Rubellite
•Turquoise
•Amber
•Tourmaline
•Spinel
•Zircon
Correction: Level 21-30 → Level 31-40
•An issue wherein the dyes used to color boarskin jerkins were incorrect.
•Boarskin Jerkin (black)
All-purpose Red Dye → All-purpose Black Dye
•Boarskin Jerkin (grey)
All-purpose Brown Dye → All-purpose Grey Dye
•Boarskin Jerkin (red)
All-purpose Black Dye → All-purpose Red Dye
•An issue wherein certain abilities were unusable on synthesis items.
•An issue wherein keyboard functions could not be assigned to Ctrl+Directional Arrow (↑,↓).
•An issue wherein mapping buttons other than the Directional Arrows (↑,↓) to anchor movement (up and down) would render the player unable to scroll the action bar.
•An issue wherein server failure would occur under certain conditions.
•An issue wherein certain information shown in the credits was incorrect.
•An issue wherein the Sleep status could not be lifted with healing magic such as Cure.
•An issue wherein enemies in the sidequest “Fishing for Answers” would not spawn as intended.
•An issue wherein character animation for shield abilities would not display correctly.
•An issue wherein the thaumaturge ability Contagion would display a system message indicating failure even when executed successfully.
•An issue wherein the pugilist action Prime Conditioning would not grant the effects intended.
•An issue wherein certain log elements were not being displayed as intended.
•An issue wherein the additional effect granted by a weapon would remain active even when another weapon had been equipped in its place.
•An issue wherein certain untargetable items could be targeted in the battles “Bowl of Embers” and “Bowl of Embers (Hard).”
•An issue wherein combat would not end properly in Dzemael Darkhold.
#2 Oct 13 2011 at 6:49 AM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Lots of good stuff. Especially [dev1203]. I wasn't gonna shut up about that until it came. = D
____________________________

#3 Oct 13 2011 at 7:18 AM Rating: Decent
**
447 posts
Been awhile since I've played the game, and I must say, I'm starting to build up a little excitement to give it a try again. Hoping my friend will get his PC fixed so I'll have someone in game to do stuff with.

That said, I'm wondering if I should wait until patch 1.20 in the event it will make my return experience one in which I'll be motivated to stay!

____________________________
FFXIV:
PL (40) CRP (32) CON (27) ALC (17) THM (15) GSM (15)


FFXI (Retired):
PLD [75] RDM [75] WAR [75] BRD [75] NIN [75] SAM [75]


#4 Oct 13 2011 at 7:28 AM Rating: Decent
**
941 posts
There's a lot to do for me personally - I have a ton of catching up to do. Depending on how 'far' you got and what your goals are - you could easily find enough to keep you busy until the next patch.

Anyway - 1.19a pretty much addressed almost every major complaint I saw on these forums. I wonder what will be the next issue everyone rages on about?
#5 Oct 13 2011 at 8:11 AM Rating: Decent
**
447 posts
I can't quite recall when I stopped playing, but it's been at least 6 months, maybe longer. Skimming through all the patch notes, it seems there's much more to do. I'm just debating if waiting a little longer will make my return experience better.

____________________________
FFXIV:
PL (40) CRP (32) CON (27) ALC (17) THM (15) GSM (15)


FFXI (Retired):
PLD [75] RDM [75] WAR [75] BRD [75] NIN [75] SAM [75]


#6 Oct 13 2011 at 8:25 AM Rating: Good
*
178 posts
•An issue wherein certain untargetable items could be targeted in the battles “Bowl of Embers” and “Bowl of Embers (Hard).”

Is this in reference to the nails that spawn around ~30% HP? If so then argggg... we went through hours of fights to try and figure out what those did and whether or not they were part of the strategy x.x

PL nerf and improving low level grinding are the two big changes from this patch imo. It feels like with every patch we have to adapt to a completely new style of leveling. Hopefully things will start to stabilize soon with these foundations in place.

#7 Oct 13 2011 at 8:36 AM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
They addressed a lot of complaints. I knew the low level problem was an oversight. I hope BartelX will have a more enjoyable time, now.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#8 Oct 13 2011 at 8:39 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,998 posts
Did not expect a lot of these things to happen so soon, but it's pretty much all great changes.
Quote:
[dev1200] The prices of items sold by the following NPC vendors have been adjusted:

That is awesome. Prices were so ridiculously high for the amount of gil a newer player could actually generate. And despite how **** easy and simple these recipes were to make, people had them up for even more insane prices in wards.

Ended up having to make all of my own gear for Lancer because of this, which was rewarding in a way, but it also sort of slowed down my actual progress with the job(I got all 3 DoL and 4 DoH to 10 just to make Lvl.8 Lancer gear, before Lancer was 8.)
I really hope people notice these changes, and head to the NPCs instead of buying this stupidly over-priced gear people had thrown in to the markets.

Quote:
[dev1199] The rate of TP loss while not engaged in combat has been reduced from 300 TP per 3 seconds to 90 TP per 3 seconds.

Soloing should go a **** of a lot faster now. Sometimes I couldn't even make it to the next mob before all of my TP was gone.
Quote:
[dev1203] Actions and abilities set to the action bar are now saved when changing classes.

I've been waiting for this for quite awhile. Not so much of an issue for me on the character I'm playing right now, but it was so annoying switching from Gladiator to Pugilist to Conjurer on my older one.
Quote:
An issue wherein normal movement speed would be temporarily maintained after activating or deactivating the Stealth ability while in first-person camera mode.

I don't like exploits and stuff, but I kind of wish I had known about this for a couple days at least.
Would have liked to see "An issue wherein your **** eyeballs would turn inside out while under the Stealth ability has been resolved." It's just creepy.

Quote:
[dev1197] The strength of low-level enemies has been adjusted.

The HP of enemies between levels 1–15 and the amount of damage they deal have been reduced. These changes will be most evident at level 1 and gradually decrease as the enemy’s level approaches 15.

That's about the last issue I had with 1.19, and they fixed it. Awesome. Mobs 2-3 levels lower then me seemed to have just as much HP as me, and hit me for the same amount I hit them. Just seemed wrong and I'm glad this has been adjusted.

Quote:
Anyway - 1.19a pretty much addressed almost every major complaint I saw on these forums. I wonder what will be the next issue everyone rages on about?
People will go back to complaining about the issues from before 1.19.
This fixed a lot of things, but that doesn't make the game perfect now. When people stop complaining, that means they just stopped caring, and that's a horrible thing to have happen.
____________________________
This used to be pretty fun.
#9 Oct 13 2011 at 8:41 AM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
* An important notice can be found under [dev1203] regarding the saving of actions and abilities to the action bar.


I clicked around the forum looking for this for awhile, no luck.

Could anyone point out where to find this section?
#10 Oct 13 2011 at 8:44 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
575 posts
EmotionBlues wrote:

Anyway - 1.19a pretty much addressed almost every major complaint I saw on these forums. I wonder what will be the next issue everyone rages on about?


Ok, there is some good stuff, but slow down there. Even Yoshi will admit there is still plenty left to do before this game can be considered up to code. My biggest "rage" complaint would still be the lack of a usable party search feature.

Let's see did 1.19a fix the following?
- Complete lack of linkshell management tools
- Still present UI and NPC lag issues
- Copy/pasted zones in an already small MMO world

Like I said, 1.19 and 1.19a had some much needed stuff, but they are far from done. I hope people keep "raging", so the rest of the stuff gets fixed quickly as well.

Edited, Oct 13th 2011 10:53am by Vawn43
#11 Oct 13 2011 at 9:14 AM Rating: Excellent
Next big issues:

Wards/AH
Party Flag & Sea all command

With the removal of the action que, the UI has become less ideal for controller users. You have to up/down to Line 1-3 Abilty bars to get to the next ability, which was less of an issue when you had a half-second between ability being input and execution of abilites. Now that time switching lines can just be lost, depending on the casting/activation time of the ability.

Further UI anhancements have been promised, and are needed.

I would prefer if you had the option to simply display all 3 lines at once.
#12 Oct 13 2011 at 9:21 AM Rating: Excellent
**
941 posts
Quote:
People will go back to complaining about the issues from before 1.19.
This fixed a lot of things, but that doesn't make the game perfect now. When people stop complaining, that means they just stopped caring, and that's a horrible thing to have happen


Yeah, I guess what I meant indirectly was: I really wish there was more discussion surrounding interesting things in the game rather then complaints on stuff that we already KNOW is broke and is being worked on or things that are obviously not working as intended and get fixed within a week or two.

Every day I hop through the forums looking for interesting information about classes and how they play, neat tricks, cross skill abilities that work great, how stats work after the patch, etc.. but I find it really sparce. You could say this is due to there not being much to talk about - but that's not entirely true either (although it can be valid, no doubt) - for instance: The most popular topic on the Lodestone forums in the THM catagory isn't about.. THM mechanics.. the buffs to Shadowseer.. Drain... Is Shadowfall nerfed too with Spirit Dart... How are INT, VIT, PIE increasing our stats... etc... It's people raging at eachother about if THM will be WHM or BLM. It's depressing. I come to forums to discuss things - regardless of what 'state' it's in at the moment or how 'complete' or 'broken' - but everywhere I go it's usually just "returning to FFXIV" or "This is wrong and I am upset". The only useful posts I've found are the VERY FEW on the Lodestone forums and the threads on BG - where there's actually barely ANY complaining.. it's more like: Beastmen Stronghold Drops, New Dungeon Drops, 1.19 Changes, How Stats work, etc.

Regardless of how people feel about the game I wish people would actually talk about what is happening inside of it rather then how they feel about XXX.

When people stop complaining - then maybe we will see people talking about mechanics and otherwise instead.
#13 Oct 13 2011 at 9:25 AM Rating: Decent
**
941 posts
Quote:
Next big issues:

Wards/AH
Party Flag & Sea all command

With the removal of the action que, the UI has become less ideal for controller users. You have to up/down to Line 1-3 Abilty bars to get to the next ability, which was less of an issue when you had a half-second between ability being input and execution of abilites. Now that time switching lines can just be lost, depending on the casting/activation time of the ability.

Further UI anhancements have been promised, and are needed.

I would prefer if you had the option to simply display all 3 lines at once.


Wards, AH, Mailbox and Party Search are all big topics right now which we know are being addressed already.

The controller thing... I agree and disagree. It has become a little more 'frantic' playing with the controller, I don't disagree there. However it was the same with FFXI for me with macros - and every ability I used as BRD was done with macros - which was a ton as /WHM. The macro UI for me isn't very laggy I just have been too lazy to set it up. I think they even added new targeting commands to help with macros also in 1.19.
#14 Oct 13 2011 at 9:41 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
562 posts
EmotionBlues wrote:
However it was the same with FFXI for me with macros - and every ability I used as BRD was done with macros - which was a ton as /WHM. The macro UI for me isn't very laggy I just have been too lazy to set it up. I think they even added new targeting commands to help with macros also in 1.19.


Same for me from my FFXI BRD, there was no ability bar and every action was pretty much macro'd. My understanding of FFXIV though is that spells and class skills can't be macro'd. Has this changed? I haven't tried to do this since launch, instead delegating most of my macros to class/gear and ability assignment swaps.
____________________________
FFXIV - Fellows - Fabul
FFXI - Fellows - Gilgamesh


#15 Oct 13 2011 at 9:41 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,998 posts
EmotionBlues wrote:
Quote:
People will go back to complaining about the issues from before 1.19.
This fixed a lot of things, but that doesn't make the game perfect now. When people stop complaining, that means they just stopped caring, and that's a horrible thing to have happen


Yeah, I guess what I meant indirectly was: I really wish there was more discussion surrounding interesting things in the game rather then complaints on stuff that we already KNOW is broke and is being worked on or things that are obviously not working as intended and get fixed within a week or two.


I do agree with that. I wish there was more discussion about the actual game, instead of how bad X is, or how they need to adjust whatever. Every other part of Zam(No matter the game) has some actual discussion on the gameplay or something, but just not 14. Class Forums are dead, server forums are dead, no one really talks about anything that works, just what is broken.
I can't really say if that's the players fault, or just the fact that so many things are broken, people only focus on the bad and ignore the potential good.
____________________________
This used to be pretty fun.
#16 Oct 13 2011 at 9:48 AM Rating: Decent
**
941 posts
Quote:
Same for me from my FFXI BRD, there was no ability bar and every action was pretty much macro'd. My understanding of FFXIV though is that spells and class skills can't be macro'd. Has this changed? I haven't tried to do this since launch, instead delegating most of my macros to class/gear and ability assignment swaps.


Yeah like I said - I haven't tried it. You're probably correct - they did add stnpc and stpc in this patch? I can't look it up atm.

Quote:
I do agree with that. I wish there was more discussion about the actual game, instead of how bad X is, or how they need to adjust whatever. Every other part of Zam(No matter the game) has some actual discussion on the gameplay or something, but just not 14. Class Forums are dead, server forums are dead, no one really talks about anything that works, just what is broken.
I can't really say if that's the players fault, or just the fact that so many things are broken, people only focus on the bad and ignore the potential good.


Yeah, not the players fault really.. and I'm sure someone will come in guns blazing about how it's FFXIV's fault for this (which would prove the point, really) - but you get my point.
#17 Oct 13 2011 at 9:59 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
562 posts
EmotionBlues wrote:
Yeah like I said - I haven't tried it. You're probably correct - they did add stnpc and stpc in this patch? I can't look it up atm.


Ah, I can - part of the benefits of telecommuting and working from home. Let me look it up for us. According to this guide:

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Macros

you can macro abilities. There's an example in there for cure. It doesn't state it, but my guess is the ability has to be on your action bar in order for the macro to work.

So there's that. Quite frankly, I'm glad to see this - thanks for the heads up to remember how it worked in FFXI and come back to macros. Between that and the change to remembering ability assignments between class switches, I'm not sure I'll ever use the ability bar again, preferring instead to use macros. I hated the ability bar anyway.


Edited, Oct 13th 2011 12:00pm by Whales
____________________________
FFXIV - Fellows - Fabul
FFXI - Fellows - Gilgamesh


#18 Oct 13 2011 at 10:03 AM Rating: Excellent
Sure you can macro abilites.

/ac "Ability" <t>

And now there are indeed <stnpc> and many others.

Quote:
<stpc> Display a target cursor to select player characters only
<stnpc> Display a target cursor to select NPCs only
<stenemy> Display a target cursor to select enemies you can engage
<stenmity> Display a target cursor to select enemies you have incurred enmity from
<stparty> Display a target cursor to select party members only
<lastat> The last character that attacked you


My favorite Macro is:

/ac "Quickstride" <me>

My second favorite Macro is:

/aoe on
/ac "Protect" <me>
/wait 5
/ac "Shell" <me>
/wait 6
/ac "Stoneskin" <me>
/wait 9
/ac "Shock Spikes" <me>
/wait 6
/aoe off

Finally, I use this one often when running for chests in Darkhold:

/ac "Featherfoot" <me>
/wait 1
/ac "Sentinel" <me>

Good for oh **** situations.



Edited, Oct 13th 2011 12:05pm by SmashingtonWho
#19 Oct 13 2011 at 10:13 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
562 posts
SmashingtonWho wrote:
Sure you can macro abilites.


Thanks for the confirmation. Is my other assumption correct in that the abilities have to be on your ability bar in order for the macro to work?
____________________________
FFXIV - Fellows - Fabul
FFXI - Fellows - Gilgamesh


#20 Oct 13 2011 at 11:04 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
Uchitoru wrote:
people only focus on the bad and ignore the potential good.


Unfortunately one can only discuss potential for so long, and something bad in the present eclipses something that may have been good, or that might be good in the future.

Think of it this way: if someone orders a bowl of soup from a restaurant and it's served with a dollop of ***** floating in the middle, I can tell you that the customer - and just about every other person - is going to discuss the restaurant's poor taste of toppings rather than the fact that the soup's organic ingredients could, indeed, be used to make a good soup.
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#21 Oct 13 2011 at 11:12 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
660 posts
Vawn43 wrote:
EmotionBlues wrote:

Anyway - 1.19a pretty much addressed almost every major complaint I saw on these forums. I wonder what will be the next issue everyone rages on about?


Ok, there is some good stuff, but slow down there. Even Yoshi will admit there is still plenty left to do before this game can be considered up to code. My biggest "rage" complaint would still be the lack of a usable party search feature.

Let's see did 1.19a fix the following?
- Complete lack of linkshell management tools
- Still present UI and NPC lag issues
- Copy/pasted zones in an already small MMO world

Like I said, 1.19 and 1.19a had some much needed stuff, but they are far from done. I hope people keep "raging", so the rest of the stuff gets fixed quickly as well.

Edited, Oct 13th 2011 10:53am by Vawn43


In regards to LS management, if you read the Live Producer's video transcript, you'd see this:

Quote:
Q: When is the revamp of the Linkshell system going to take place?
A: Since we are receiving quite a number of demands on this, I have been discussing with the Lodestone team and would like to work on it as soon as possible to improve the in-game community feature, especially in regards to Linkshells. We understand a Linkshell search is essential.
As the work on patch 1.19 has just been completed, we are now assigning priority to each task for patch 1.20 and beyond. I consider that the revamp of the Linkshell system is a must do to strengthen the in-game community for players to enjoy the game together. So, please wait a little longer.


They're working on it, recreating the system from the ground up and they're taking suggestions from the community, so expect it within the next update or two. They're not ignoring it.

As for UI/lag and copy/paste issues, they're working on those as well. They're doing an entire recreation of the world map and zones which was also talked about in the Live Producer's video. The UI and lag issues are tied into this and should be improved as well.

There's no need for raging, they've said that they're working on the issues, and they'll be implemented when they're ready. While frustrating and sometimes difficult to deal with at times, I'd rather wait for them to do things right.
#22 Oct 13 2011 at 11:44 AM Rating: Excellent
Whales wrote:
SmashingtonWho wrote:
Sure you can macro abilites.


Thanks for the confirmation. Is my other assumption correct in that the abilities have to be on your ability bar in order for the macro to work?


Absolutely.
#23 Oct 13 2011 at 12:40 PM Rating: Good
**
557 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
Uchitoru wrote:
people only focus on the bad and ignore the potential good.


Unfortunately one can only discuss potential for so long, and something bad in the present eclipses something that may have been good, or that might be good in the future.

Think of it this way: if someone orders a bowl of soup from a restaurant and it's served with a dollop of ***** floating in the middle, I can tell you that the customer - and just about every other person - is going to discuss the restaurant's poor taste of toppings rather than the fact that the soup's organic ingredients could, indeed, be used to make a good soup.

It kinda sounds like you're speaking from experience.

Mental note--when dining at KaneKitty's, avoid the soup.
____________________________


#24 Oct 13 2011 at 12:44 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
569 posts
EmotionBlues wrote:

•[dev1198] Spawn locations have been added for the following enemies.

Enemy Location
Brutal Sheep Coerthas Eastern Lowlands (52,33)
Coerthas Eastern Lowlands (55,35)
Coerthas Eastern Lowlands (55,31)
* This change was made to address the lack of karakul fleece, which is dropped by the brutal sheep. Further changes are planned to address similar material shortages.


Really really hope this drops the cost of fleece and related armor, the fleece is selling at 30-40k a pop on Palamecia server. And nearly all cloth armor 51-60 requires the Cloth or Yarn it makes.
____________________________
99th paper cut, and the grain of salt.
#25 Oct 13 2011 at 12:56 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
**
691 posts
TwiddleDee wrote:
EmotionBlues wrote:

•[dev1198] Spawn locations have been added for the following enemies.

Enemy Location
Brutal Sheep Coerthas Eastern Lowlands (52,33)
Coerthas Eastern Lowlands (55,35)
Coerthas Eastern Lowlands (55,31)
* This change was made to address the lack of karakul fleece, which is dropped by the brutal sheep. Further changes are planned to address similar material shortages.


Really really hope this drops the cost of fleece and related armor, the fleece is selling at 30-40k a pop on Palamecia server. And nearly all cloth armor 51-60 requires the Cloth or Yarn it makes.

Yes, this move seems a direct attempt to counter that issue. It seems like they are going to start tinkering with the economy by slowly managing supply until they have found an equilibrium that they like. Which is as good as any way I suppose, although might take a while.
#26 Oct 13 2011 at 2:27 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
569 posts
Hulan wrote:
TwiddleDee wrote:
EmotionBlues wrote:

•[dev1198] Spawn locations have been added for the following enemies.

Enemy Location
Brutal Sheep Coerthas Eastern Lowlands (52,33)
Coerthas Eastern Lowlands (55,35)
Coerthas Eastern Lowlands (55,31)
* This change was made to address the lack of karakul fleece, which is dropped by the brutal sheep. Further changes are planned to address similar material shortages.


Really really hope this drops the cost of fleece and related armor, the fleece is selling at 30-40k a pop on Palamecia server. And nearly all cloth armor 51-60 requires the Cloth or Yarn it makes.

Yes, this move seems a direct attempt to counter that issue. It seems like they are going to start tinkering with the economy by slowly managing supply until they have found an equilibrium that they like. Which is as good as any way I suppose, although might take a while.


They can solve the fleece thing in a snap if they wanted, 10k a pop from your friendly neighborhood weaver NPC, and life moves on. Though i hope they don't i actually like the changeling of farming something with competition.
____________________________
99th paper cut, and the grain of salt.
#27 Oct 13 2011 at 3:30 PM Rating: Decent
6 posts
SmashingtonWho wrote:

Further UI enhancements have been promised, and are needed.

I would prefer if you had the option to simply display all 3 lines at once.


please god.

and maybe removing 'fixed keys' and let us rebind our action bar buttons to something on the left half of the keyboard
#28 Oct 13 2011 at 3:44 PM Rating: Good
*
227 posts
The PL fix will not change much, I think. Now, someone inside the party will claim a mob, then the outside-PL will pull hate and kill it. This method also means link-able and grouped mobs will be off limits unless the PL has some great aoe hate skills.

So, the rest of the party can still afk. That, or they will require each party member to have at least some enmity to get any Exp. (the lazy side of me hopes not)
____________________________
Astral Descent Homepage
#29 Oct 13 2011 at 3:53 PM Rating: Decent
49 posts
The end to PL and the ability to remember skill bars are the two biggest points in this that make me happy.
#30 Oct 13 2011 at 3:54 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,962 posts
Evilhobbit wrote:
The PL fix will not change much, I think. Now, someone inside the party will claim a mob, then the outside-PL will pull hate and kill it. This method also means link-able and grouped mobs will be off limits unless the PL has some great aoe hate skills.

So, the rest of the party can still afk. That, or they will require each party member to have at least some enmity to get any Exp. (the lazy side of me hopes not)



Personally I never experienced the amazing exp other people claimed to be getting (1-40 in a single day, maybe they meant, literally, all day of playing?) but anyway, given the adjustment, if you can still kill a mob and give the party exp that claimed it, it means PL will be possible, but it will be back to awkwardly requiring you to be outside the other player's party, kind of defeats the whole idea of "playing with new friends" and relegates PL to a slower, and more annoying practice. Still possible, but significantly less EXP. I'm definitely not going to bother much with the changes.

My only regret is I didn't get all the way to accomplice while the old system was still in place...!
#31 Oct 13 2011 at 3:57 PM Rating: Good
Evilhobbit wrote:
The PL fix will not change much, I think. Now, someone inside the party will claim a mob, then the outside-PL will pull hate and kill it. This method also means link-able and grouped mobs will be off limits unless the PL has some great aoe hate skills.

So, the rest of the party can still afk. That, or they will require each party member to have at least some enmity to get any Exp. (the lazy side of me hopes not)


It will be huge difference over the type of PL that was possible before. Level 50 can chain as many mobs as they can get to chase them in a given mob territory.

The cahnge will restrict PL to the mobs that you can safely have attacking you at one time.

I can see what you mean. Perhaps you can have a middle ground player, say R40, claiming the mobs for a bunch of AFK R30's, and then an R50 kills them. But if they require Emnity for every kill, it will hurt players in normal parties.

They may, in fact, have to reinstate the claiming system in some form to eliminate every way in which PL can be maximized.

Edited, Oct 13th 2011 6:41pm by SmashingtonWho
#32 Oct 13 2011 at 4:03 PM Rating: Good
49 posts
RamseySylph wrote:
Evilhobbit wrote:
The PL fix will not change much, I think. Now, someone inside the party will claim a mob, then the outside-PL will pull hate and kill it. This method also means link-able and grouped mobs will be off limits unless the PL has some great aoe hate skills.

So, the rest of the party can still afk. That, or they will require each party member to have at least some enmity to get any Exp. (the lazy side of me hopes not)



Personally I never experienced the amazing exp other people claimed to be getting (1-40 in a single day, maybe they meant, literally, all day of playing?) but anyway, given the adjustment, if you can still kill a mob and give the party exp that claimed it, it means PL will be possible, but it will be back to awkwardly requiring you to be outside the other player's party, kind of defeats the whole idea of "playing with new friends" and relegates PL to a slower, and more annoying practice. Still possible, but significantly less EXP. I'm definitely not going to bother much with the changes.

My only regret is I didn't get all the way to accomplice while the old system was still in place...!

For curiosity's sake, I put my mule in a pl party that was shouting in uldah. Her only job was 11THM. After 2-3 hours, on my laptop next to me "grinding away", she was level 31. The plus side, I can dual box my mule and my 31MRD on my main character. People seem to forget that leveling is something to do. If everything is at max level, you kind of killed the game for yourself. You can't unlevel.
#33 Oct 13 2011 at 7:47 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
yfaithfully wrote:
It kinda sounds like you're speaking from experience.

Mental note--when dining at KaneKitty's, avoid the soup.


ROFL!

That's actually similar to the slogan of my family restaurant chain: "Organic ingredients so good they're worth the risk!" ... Are you suggesting there's marketing-related reason I'm going out of business?
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#34 Oct 13 2011 at 10:37 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,098 posts
Wow, I really need to read notes the saving skill look great. I hope it saves on macros.Smiley: smile
____________________________





This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 13 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (13)