Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

In or Out? (Pay or Quit?)Follow

#252 Oct 22 2011 at 12:38 AM Rating: Good
*
215 posts
This is a ridiculous , real hard core players, and I think a lot of players in general, are going to do raids with a group of friends, or a "Free Company" (Which is looking like a guild). The only ones using the dungeon finder will be people who otherwise don't have time to be on the game 24/7 or at a groups beacon call. I remember being in a Sea/Salvage/whatever else LS on FF11 in college, and I found it a pain in the **** to always be on when called for. If you have the time and will , that's great, you won't use the dungeon finder, because more than likely these groups won't be pro. Anyone who uses WoW dungeon finder knows this. These groups are gimped, because they don't know each other and they are thrown into somewhere together. These are for casual players who otherwise have no time. Its just two ways to get to the same place, you can take the scenic route in the country side and enjoy all the flowers, or you can get on a bullet train and skip the immersion. But no one is going to say get rid of the train because it kills the immersion for everyone else who wanted to take the scenic route.
#253 Oct 22 2011 at 5:22 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
787 posts
I took a deep breath and erased the game a few weeks back. It was one of the hardest things to toss the towel on. I'll see what the game finally looks like in 12-14 months from now. The game had so much potential but I'm not going to pay another dime until I see a game from SE that earned the right to be granted a Final Fantasy title to it.
#254 Oct 22 2011 at 9:51 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
551 posts
SmashingtonWho wrote:
hexaemeron wrote:
I don't think it's too much to ask that if I'm supposed to aid a farmer in his fields that there be

a.) A farmer
b.) A farm
c.) Fields with crops

...present. Is that really too much to ask?


I see what you are trying to say. Soemthing along the lines of Elder Scrolls series where every party of the map is unique and detailed and the quest is specific to the area. Monster actually hidden in the wheat. You are right. Compared to that level of detailing FFXIV is very sparse and repetitive.

I really do like the Storyline and Class Quests. Doing those are the only time I feel immersed in a world with actual people and a storyline that I am part of. The Leves do not at all inspire that fleshed out world feeling.

Even Sacred 2 or or Fable has what you are referring to. Fields with crops and unique caves and such that relate to the quest you are on. It would be awesome if they could get the level of detail present in an Elder Scrolls world map into FFXIV. Not just pretty scenery but significant scenery.

Here's hoping the changes to the map designs brings at least a bit of what you are asking for to FFXIV.




Every mmo known to man has this. Except mmos made by Square-Enix. Just one of the problems of a company wanting to be different for difference sake. S-E cuts off their noses to spite their faces nowadays.
#255 Oct 22 2011 at 11:18 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Zorvan wrote:
SmashingtonWho wrote:
hexaemeron wrote:
I don't think it's too much to ask that if I'm supposed to aid a farmer in his fields that there be

a.) A farmer
b.) A farm
c.) Fields with crops

...present. Is that really too much to ask?


I see what you are trying to say. Soemthing along the lines of Elder Scrolls series where every party of the map is unique and detailed and the quest is specific to the area. Monster actually hidden in the wheat. You are right. Compared to that level of detailing FFXIV is very sparse and repetitive.

I really do like the Storyline and Class Quests. Doing those are the only time I feel immersed in a world with actual people and a storyline that I am part of. The Leves do not at all inspire that fleshed out world feeling.

Even Sacred 2 or or Fable has what you are referring to. Fields with crops and unique caves and such that relate to the quest you are on. It would be awesome if they could get the level of detail present in an Elder Scrolls world map into FFXIV. Not just pretty scenery but significant scenery.

Here's hoping the changes to the map designs brings at least a bit of what you are asking for to FFXIV.


Every mmo known to man has this. Except mmos made by Square-Enix. Just one of the problems of a company wanting to be different for difference sake. S-E cuts off their noses to spite their faces nowadays.


I don't really know what you mean by "every MMO has this except MMOs by Square-Enix." Even many the earliest quests of 2004-era FFXI had such quests as Bubbly Bernie, where you travelled off to a lighthouse and killed a strange crab who stole a steam clock. Those were awesome and, obviously, very memorable if I can conjure them up seven years from now. FFXI had quests where you'd help people deliver letters; even many where you would get cutscenes - cutscenes that tied into one another and with continuing characters. There was the Star Onion Brigade; and the peeping Tom of Windurst. In Jeuno, you had to light lamps; in Selbina there was those **** sheep that needed corn, corn, millioncorn. All of these in addition to the Rank Missions and the other storylines!

I could probably list at least over a hundred counterexamples to the statement that "every MMO has [terrain and monsters and NPCs that are involved in quests] except MMOs by Square-Enix." So I think, at least in this point, you may be exaggerating quite a bit. o_O
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#256 Oct 23 2011 at 4:47 AM Rating: Good
****
4,169 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
In Jeuno, you had to light lamps; in Selbina there was those **** sheep that needed corn, corn, millioncorn. All of these in addition to the Rank Missions and the other storylines!

I could probably list at least over a hundred counterexamples to the statement that "every MMO has [terrain and monsters and NPCs that are involved in quests] except MMOs by Square-Enix." So I think, at least in this point, you may be exaggerating quite a bit. o_O


The rank missions were about the only thing you listed that made an adventurer feel like they were needed. Lighting lamps? C'mon. Feeding sheep? I think I got carpal from spamming corn on that NPC, but never felt like I was doing anything but raising my fame.

"FilthMcNasty! There isn't a soul in the kingdom that doesn't consider you a hero! You will forever be known as the idiot who spent 3 hours spamming corn to the mildly retarded NPC in Selbina." Yeah, there isn't anything more brave than that...

Anyway, XI had it's fair share of meaningful quests, but lighting lamps and feeding sheep should not be counted among them. If those are the types of quests you would include in your list of 'over a hundred', you are greatly exaggerating.


Edited, Oct 23rd 2011 6:48am by FilthMcNasty
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#257 Oct 23 2011 at 10:08 AM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
KaneKitty wrote:
In Jeuno, you had to light lamps; in Selbina there was those **** sheep that needed corn, corn, millioncorn. All of these in addition to the Rank Missions and the other storylines!

I could probably list at least over a hundred counterexamples to the statement that "every MMO has [terrain and monsters and NPCs that are involved in quests] except MMOs by Square-Enix." So I think, at least in this point, you may be exaggerating quite a bit. o_O


The rank missions were about the only thing you listed that made an adventurer feel like they were needed. Lighting lamps? C'mon. Feeding sheep? I think I got carpal from spamming corn on that NPC, but never felt like I was doing anything but raising my fame.

"FilthMcNasty! There isn't a soul in the kingdom that doesn't consider you a hero! You will forever be known as the idiot who spent 3 hours spamming corn to the mildly retarded NPC in Selbina." Yeah, there isn't anything more brave than that...

Anyway, XI had it's fair share of meaningful quests, but lighting lamps and feeding sheep should not be counted among them. If those are the types of quests you would include in your list of 'over a hundred', you are greatly exaggerating.


Well we weren't talking about what quests made you feel like a "great and needed hero," were we? If you read the quote pyramid, we were just talking about actual NPCs, terrain objects, &c. existing and being involved in quests. The very example we were talking about was helping a farmer in his wheat fields, so I don't see why sheep-feedin' is so out of place in the discussion. XD
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#258 Oct 24 2011 at 9:00 AM Rating: Good
FilthMcNasty wrote:
"FilthMcNasty! There isn't a soul in the kingdom that doesn't consider you a hero! You will forever be known as the idiot who spent 3 hours spamming corn to the mildly retarded NPC in Selbina." Yeah, there isn't anything more brave than that...


LMAO. Nice. I have to agree. I'm so glad the days of stuffing an NPC full of Bat Wings are over.
#259 Oct 24 2011 at 10:42 AM Rating: Good
Guru
*
171 posts
I think for now I am going to quit and see what happens with the game, I haven't been on for a few months so no point in paying for something that I am not currently playing. I am curious what will happen over the next year so I will continue to keep an eye on the game.
#260 Oct 24 2011 at 11:30 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
569 posts
SmashingtonWho wrote:
FilthMcNasty wrote:
"FilthMcNasty! There isn't a soul in the kingdom that doesn't consider you a hero! You will forever be known as the idiot who spent 3 hours spamming corn to the mildly retarded NPC in Selbina." Yeah, there isn't anything more brave than that...


LMAO. Nice. I have to agree. I'm so glad the days of stuffing an NPC full of Bat Wings are over.


Heh i made a macro trading in my 70+ stacks of corn to get fame. I remember the Windy fame better "500 or so horns from a NPC in Bastok smuggled to a NPC in Windy", with Bastok hitting 1st place once a year i had to work fast..........
____________________________
99th paper cut, and the grain of salt.
#261PeeteMage, Posted: Oct 24 2011 at 11:42 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Been away from game for about three weeks. Come back to find gear and macros screwed up. Too many changes too soon. I am going to leave it for a year until these people sort themselves and ff14 out. Sad.
#262 Oct 24 2011 at 11:45 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
575 posts
PeeteMage wrote:
Been away from game for about three weeks. Come back to find gear and macros screwed up. Too many changes too soon. I am going to leave it for a year until these people sort themselves and ff14 out. Sad.


They're improving the game too quickly and you find that sad? Alright, then...
#263 Oct 24 2011 at 11:52 AM Rating: Default
12 posts

Please, please keep your tiresome puerile comments to yourself (yawn) you're giving your age away.
#264 Oct 24 2011 at 12:01 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
569 posts
PeeteMage wrote:

Please, please keep your tiresome puerile comments to yourself (yawn) you're giving your age away.


Please, please keep your tiresome puerile ******** to yourself you're giving your intelligences level away. Changes will be even bigger soon, so if you log in every 3weeks for 5min you'll be in the dark every time.

Edited, Oct 24th 2011 2:02pm by TwiddleDee
____________________________
99th paper cut, and the grain of salt.
#265PeeteMage, Posted: Oct 24 2011 at 12:42 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Plagiarism, now stop trying to include yourself in adult conversation.
#266 Oct 24 2011 at 2:43 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
4,775 posts
What I'm getting out of the most recent arguing.


Edited, Oct 24th 2011 4:45pm by Hyrist
#267 Oct 24 2011 at 2:46 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
569 posts
PeeteMage wrote:
Plagiarism, now stop trying to include yourself in adult conversation.


Adult, you?! your comment sounded childish enough to be make any "adult" statements you make laughable. I don't know or much care for you, but for the sake of enlightening you I'll reword what you said and let you read it and maybe after the hundred read it will sink in. This is what your post read.

"Been away for X weeks in game that is constantly changing. Come back things are different and change scares me. I am leaving for a year until changes don't occur as frequently, as i cant adjust to rapid changes"
____________________________
99th paper cut, and the grain of salt.
#268 Oct 24 2011 at 2:53 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,775 posts
So you insult attack the individual for preferring less frquent changes and some time to adjust to them?

Smiley: dubious


Personal preference is personal preference. Some people actually like to have time to casually enjoy content changes before they're shifted around again. So what?

That said, Pete, there's a lot more than just changes coming down the pipeline, there's more content, some of it specific to JUST this period of time between now and the release of 2.0. I know it's annoying to get constantly jumbled around all the time, but it might be worth it to stick around. Just don't get too attached to the mechanics and have fun.


This constant polarization of the forum base is out of hand. This isn't black or white people. Sometimes people just want to play or enjoy content differently. There's nothing wrong with that. If that's their choice, let them decide.

It's not as if they're going to convince SE to change their pacing of updates on this.

Edited, Oct 24th 2011 4:59pm by Hyrist
#269Ostia, Posted: Oct 24 2011 at 5:44 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) You are an idiot :)
#270 Oct 24 2011 at 5:47 PM Rating: Excellent
******
49,399 posts
Looks like you need an onomasticon to be an adult nowadays.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#271 Oct 24 2011 at 7:10 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
4,775 posts
...

Ok I had to look that one up. >.<

I'm not sure the concept of an 'adult' exists in it's traditionally accepted term anymore. At least I haven't found an adult in my current generation that seems to be capable of not exploding on the internet if it's a regular entertainment method.
#272 Nov 07 2011 at 5:36 AM Rating: Decent
I have now been back in 14 for about 3-4 weeks and I have changed my mind about the game. I will definately stay and pay, I love it :D
____________________________
[ffxivsig]1814558[/ffxivsig]
#273 Nov 07 2011 at 1:01 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
**
374 posts
LeilaniWildfire wrote:
I have now been back in 14 for about 3-4 weeks and I have changed my mind about the game. I will definately stay and pay, I love it :D



Something I've noticed... getting into a good LS can not be understated as to the type of experience you'll have in the game. It can literally make or break your experience.

Before when I was playing I was having a miserable time by myself. Then I got into a great LS and the game instantly became 10x more exciting. I think this is something many often don't account for. Just having a good friend to play with can turn your game around 180 degrees.
#274 Nov 07 2011 at 1:57 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
Hyrist wrote:
This isn't black or white people.


Commas: the difference between pulling a truism or pulling a race card.


Edited, Nov 7th 2011 2:57pm by KaneKitty
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#275 Nov 07 2011 at 3:06 PM Rating: Excellent
KaneKitty wrote:
Hyrist wrote:
This isn't black or white people.
Commas: the difference between pulling a truism or pulling a race card.

Didn't notice that at first. heh
____________________________
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Data Center: Primal; Server: Ultros; Free Company: The Kraken Club; Grand Company: The Maelstrom; Chocobo: Kweh
#276 Nov 08 2011 at 12:30 PM Rating: Good
1 post
lol

Edited, Jan 5th 2012 7:39pm by ShellQ8
#277 Nov 08 2011 at 1:01 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
569 posts
ShellQ8 wrote:
sniped


Who **** in bowl of serial this morning.... One reason people are staying with XIV is because for me and many others it's fun to do the rat race to cover all the bases from the update and get ready for the next one. I am the person who reads the patch notes at release, and again a month down the road to make sure i have not missed a single thing.
____________________________
99th paper cut, and the grain of salt.
#278 Nov 08 2011 at 1:05 PM Rating: Excellent
******
49,399 posts
TwiddleDee wrote:
Who sh*t in bowl of serial this morning....
Calm down, it's not nearly as cereal of an offense as you're making it out to be.

Edited, Nov 8th 2011 2:06pm by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#279 Nov 08 2011 at 1:08 PM Rating: Excellent
****
9,526 posts
since I haven't heard of any combo deal with XI, and the idea of slowly crawling towards 50 for no apparent purpose holds no joy for me, I think I'm out until further notice. Will try to log in and arrange my inventory before the pay to play starts but unless something magnificent happens I am done.

Not worth paying for. good luck guys. Will miss my LS mates - will keep up on the changes through the forums and put my 2 cents in but if I am paying for anything it will be XI, and once my crysta stock runs out - I am not even sure of that game.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#280 Nov 08 2011 at 1:35 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,169 posts
Olorinus wrote:
since I haven't heard of any combo deal with XI, and the idea of slowly crawling towards 50 for no apparent purpose holds no joy for me, I think I'm out until further notice.


Now I'm not trying to get you to stay, just pointing this out. I know it's dated, but it would be hard to believe they wouldn't carry this over through PS3 release at the least.


____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#281 Nov 08 2011 at 3:21 PM Rating: Excellent
****
9,526 posts
I know they used to have it - but word is it doesn't exist anymore. Haven't really heard new confirmation it is returning.

Edited, Nov 8th 2011 1:21pm by Olorinus
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#282 Nov 08 2011 at 5:13 PM Rating: Good
*
57 posts
pay to play is gonna need server mergers or this is gonna suck
#283 Nov 08 2011 at 5:21 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
569 posts
blackchaos wrote:
pay to play is gonna need server mergers or this is gonna suck


SE will NOT merge any servers. Server transfer i can see, but not merger.
____________________________
99th paper cut, and the grain of salt.
#284 Nov 23 2011 at 11:33 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,010 posts
Olorinus wrote:
I know they used to have it - but word is it doesn't exist anymore. Haven't really heard new confirmation it is returning.


I don't think it's returning. It was kind of a bait and switch to begin with - when they first announced it (gosh, almost two years back now?), they made it seem like it was going to be a forever kind of deal. Then it was changed to be only for a limited time, which never made sense to me. In the end, it didn't matter anyway, because the game didn't go pay to play until, well, now.

I uninstalled the game today. I know that it's shaping up and some things have been improved, but I really don't believe in my heart that it's ever going to get "there". They have too much good competition, and they still don't seem to be quite in touch with what people were expecting when they saw the name Final Fantasy on the cover. I may check back in another year or so, but at this point I think I'm a little burned out on giving SE chances.
#285 Nov 23 2011 at 12:23 PM Rating: Excellent
****
9,526 posts
Torrence wrote:


I uninstalled the game today. I know that it's shaping up and some things have been improved, but I really don't believe in my heart that it's ever going to get "there". They have too much good competition, and they still don't seem to be quite in touch with what people were expecting when they saw the name Final Fantasy on the cover. I may check back in another year or so, but at this point I think I'm a little burned out on giving SE chances.


I am going to give the nerfed new ability system a shot but if it is as horrible as it looks I may just uninstall as well, so I am less tempted to possibly spend money checking out a patch later.

If it feels less horrible than it looks I will probably leave the game on my desktop and buy a month's sub at some point a few months down the line to try out further changes.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#286 Nov 23 2011 at 1:46 PM Rating: Decent
**
326 posts
I'm going to stay and pay. I'm still having a good time. Also, I want to see how this whole Seventh Umbral Era thing plays out.

Edited, Nov 23rd 2011 4:01pm by Yelta
#287 Nov 23 2011 at 1:58 PM Rating: Good
***
2,202 posts
Yelta wrote:
I'm going to stay and pay. I'm still having a good time. Also, I want to see how this whole Seventh Umbral Era thing plays out.


Like cataclysm, the world changes but in this case instead of being from a dragon, it's a meteor ala FFVII.

there i spoiled the story :/
____________________________
MUTED
#288 Nov 23 2011 at 2:37 PM Rating: Good
**
326 posts
There is more to a story than how it ends. People still watch the movie Titanic and they already know the boat sinks Smiley: lol
#289 Nov 23 2011 at 2:51 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
569 posts
Ostia wrote:
Yelta wrote:
I'm going to stay and pay. I'm still having a good time. Also, I want to see how this whole Seventh Umbral Era thing plays out.


Like cataclysm, the world changes but in this case instead of being from a dragon, it's a meteor ala FFVII.

there i spoiled the story :/


My money's on Ifrit, Garuda, Leviathan changing the landscape after being brainwashed by Moog's magic. Garuda levels most of the black shroud, changing land and altering rivers, with a terrible storm. Ifrit causes eruptions across Thala, filling the low areas with lava causing a volcano to erupt, burning 1/2 of Ul'dah. Leviathan creates a tsunami that completely sinks LL causing great devastation across the land making LL relocate. While Moog alters the world weather paters with his magic causing rain/snow during clear sky, heat/dust storms during night. And opening the under world gate to allow great NM's to enter the world which if left unchecked, cause further devastation. Each one altering the area were it's spawned in a different way.

____________________________
99th paper cut, and the grain of salt.
#290 Nov 23 2011 at 5:33 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
TwiddleDee wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Yelta wrote:
I'm going to stay and pay. I'm still having a good time. Also, I want to see how this whole Seventh Umbral Era thing plays out.


Like cataclysm, the world changes but in this case instead of being from a dragon, it's a meteor ala FFVII.

there i spoiled the story :/


My money's on Ifrit, Garuda, Leviathan changing the landscape after being brainwashed by Moog's magic. Garuda levels most of the black shroud, changing land and altering rivers, with a terrible storm. Ifrit causes eruptions across Thala, filling the low areas with lava causing a volcano to erupt, burning 1/2 of Ul'dah. Leviathan creates a tsunami that completely sinks LL causing great devastation across the land making LL relocate. While Moog alters the world weather paters with his magic causing rain/snow during clear sky, heat/dust storms during night. And opening the under world gate to allow great NM's to enter the world which if left unchecked, cause further devastation. Each one altering the area were it's spawned in a different way.



Good suggestion right there, but bet is not gonna go that way <.<
____________________________
MUTED
#291 Nov 24 2011 at 6:15 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
44 posts
Well Probably out for now I guess.
I enjoyed playing this game. But the game is not in a state to paying for it monthly.
Here's why I don't think paying monthly fee is really worth it.

1. BIG DISAPPOINTMENT ON HIGH EXPECTATION. Don't expect too much on Version 2.0 either. All we have seen is the Concept Arts. Not even actual ingame screenshot.

2. OTHER AWSOME GAMES TO CHOOSE. (Blade&Soul, Diablo3, Lineage Eternal, etc...) We have to wait until October 2012 for Version 2.0. Some major contents(A New Player Community) will be implented after April 2013. Who like to wait until April 2013 and keep make the payments?

3. NOT A GUINEA PIG. Stop testing my limits. SE's experiment on FFXIV is not worth single penny. I hope SE doesn't overthrow the "future of FFXIV" plan.


I encourage FFXIV team's effort. However, I don't think paying monthly fee is really worth it at this point of time.
#292BartelX, Posted: Nov 24 2011 at 7:55 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) False, what we saw was an actual in-game screen capture, which was said in interviews by Yoshida himself. I'm sure there was some pos-production done (like the UI possibly), but for the most part that was actual game footage.
#293 Nov 24 2011 at 11:43 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Yelta wrote:
There is more to a story than how it ends. People still watch the movie Titanic and they already know the boat sinks Smiley: lol


**** it all, why don't people use spoiler tags anymore!? There goes my late night with Leo; hope you're happy.Smiley: bah
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#294 Nov 25 2011 at 4:10 AM Rating: Good
****
4,169 posts
BartelX wrote:
ilwhana wrote:
1. BIG DISAPPOINTMENT ON HIGH EXPECTATION. Don't expect too much on Version 2.0 either. All we have seen is the Concept Arts. Not even actual ingame screenshot.


False, what we saw was an actual in-game screen capture, which was said in interviews by Yoshida himself. I'm sure there was some pos-production done (like the UI possibly), but for the most part that was actual game footage.


The first image in this part of the roadmap that was released is, just as Ilwhana said, "not an actual in-game screenshot". It's possible that they mapped out the UI overlay on top of some art, but I highly doubt that what is behind the UI display comes from the new graphics engine. Actually I'll go further and say there's no way in **** it is unless you're talking about a different picture.

If it is then I'll eat my shoe, but I'd like to see the interview that he said it was an in-game screen capture. Link please?

Edited, Nov 25th 2011 5:12am by FilthMcNasty
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#295 Nov 25 2011 at 10:26 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
569 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
BartelX wrote:
ilwhana wrote:
1. BIG DISAPPOINTMENT ON HIGH EXPECTATION. Don't expect too much on Version 2.0 either. All we have seen is the Concept Arts. Not even actual ingame screenshot.


False, what we saw was an actual in-game screen capture, which was said in interviews by Yoshida himself. I'm sure there was some pos-production done (like the UI possibly), but for the most part that was actual game footage.


The first image in this part of the roadmap that was released is, just as Ilwhana said, "not an actual in-game screenshot". It's possible that they mapped out the UI overlay on top of some art, but I highly doubt that what is behind the UI display comes from the new graphics engine. Actually I'll go further and say there's no way in **** it is unless you're talking about a different picture.

If it is then I'll eat my shoe, but I'd like to see the interview that he said it was an in-game screen capture. Link please?

Edited, Nov 25th 2011 5:12am by FilthMcNasty


This one. Ok here's the fact people keep saying "game not worth paying for", to that i have one thing to say. Start of subs till v2.0 you will NOT be paying for a game. If you stay which no one is forcing you to, you will be paying for the privilege to test a product, have your say about it's development, and come v2.0 you will be ahead of the curve. Really it's not that strange of an idea, the company i work for dished out 100's of thousands to do the same with software, just so we can be a step ahead when it hit the market.

This is mentioned very often "OTHER AWSOME GAMES TO CHOOSE. (Blade&Soul, Diablo3, Lineage Eternal, etc...)" unless you are a fan boy of any of these after 2months you'll be clicking the end sub any way. Using a rough estimate of when said games are launching with comparison to V2.0. V2.0 will come out quite close to the mark were said game have lost the hype factor, and many subs along side. If SE can build the hype needed for v2.0 and make it last. It can easily become a success.

SE has a long way to go yet, that's is true. And very clear, and if Yoshi can pull this off. It will be an achievement in it's right.
____________________________
99th paper cut, and the grain of salt.
#296 Nov 25 2011 at 10:58 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,010 posts
TwiddleDee wrote:

you will be paying for the privilege to test a product, have your say about it's development, and come v2.0 you will be ahead of the curve.


I am going to guess that you are relatively new here. At least, your name really doesn't ring a bell as someone who has been around for the duration of this fiasco.

Let me clue you in on some important information, as I am one of the folks who was here from the start. We played during Alpha, and gave our feedback. We played during Beta, and gave our feedback. We went out and paid for CE's, and continued to give our feedback. For almost two years now, we have given feedback, ad naseum, and still the game lacks basics.

It is still not where it should be, or should have been, before we bought the box.

No, it is not worth us "paying for the privilege to test a product." I don't pay for games to have the privilege of giving feedback to the developers, and there isn't another developer on the PLANET who would have the audacity to ask such a thing of their fans. In fact, no other fanbase would even defend such a move.

I pay for games because they bring me hours of enjoyment. If FFXIV is currently bringing you hours of enjoyment, then that's wonderful. By all means, pay to play it. But do NOT sit there and try to convince the rest of to open our wallets by vomiting forth some ******** that we should be grateful for the opportunity to pay for testing this product. It's ridiculous.
#297 Nov 25 2011 at 12:34 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
569 posts
Torrence wrote:
TwiddleDee wrote:

you will be paying for the privilege to test a product, have your say about it's development, and come v2.0 you will be ahead of the curve.


I am going to guess that you are relatively new here. At least, your name really doesn't ring a bell as someone who has been around for the duration of this fiasco.

Let me clue you in on some important information, as I am one of the folks who was here from the start. We played during Alpha, and gave our feedback. We played during Beta, and gave our feedback. We went out and paid for CE's, and continued to give our feedback. For almost two years now, we have given feedback, ad naseum, and still the game lacks basics.

It is still not where it should be, or should have been, before we bought the box.

No, it is not worth us "paying for the privilege to test a product." I don't pay for games to have the privilege of giving feedback to the developers, and there isn't another developer on the PLANET who would have the audacity to ask such a thing of their fans. In fact, no other fanbase would even defend such a move.

I pay for games because they bring me hours of enjoyment. If FFXIV is currently bringing you hours of enjoyment, then that's wonderful. By all means, pay to play it. But do NOT sit there and try to convince the rest of to open our wallets by vomiting forth some bullsh*t that we should be grateful for the opportunity to pay for testing this product. It's ridiculous
.


You guessed wrong i started xiv in the alpha as well, i just didn't sign up for zam till not all that long ago. However i see things quite differently, i do however understand your position on all this. And really to each his own. From start till now there's 2 ways you can view the same progress that the game has made. From Yoshi getting the project till now the game has gone 0 to 50% (% for example use only). The masses see a game that's 50% and as such give it the "it's trash" label, there's nothing wrong in seeing it as such. On the other side there's the minority that see a game that has improved by 50%, and are willing to hold of judgement until it's completed. And see no real loss in sticking around until it's finished.

AS for the "bought the box" excuse, if you played for more then 50h's you got your money's worth from that purchase. Seeing as how majority of games offer ~30h of game play. As well were YOU seem to have gotten your info wrong is SE is NOT expecting you to pay a cent. It was clearly stated that the game will stay open under subs till v2.0, and the decision of stay or go is your own.

Here's were i fail to understand the people complaining over subs, if you despise the game so why is it so hard to leave? Most people are complaining like they stand to loos something if they leave, and yet do not intend to stay. If you do not intend to pay or play why are you still around still playing still posting about a game you hate? I have had the same opinion towards may games, as many people do towards XIV. Difference being is i simply quit and moved on, not go to a fan made forum and complain the worlds unfair.

Edited, Nov 25th 2011 1:36pm by TwiddleDee
____________________________
99th paper cut, and the grain of salt.
#298 Nov 25 2011 at 3:19 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,169 posts
Twiddle, you linked the same picture I linked but there isn't any proof that it's an actual in-game screenshot. Take a close look at it and it's easy to tell that it isn't. The only reason I'd like to see the link to the interview where Yoshi says it is would be because I'd like to see if they're lying... again.

Also, you don't need to be a 'fanboy' of any of the previously mentioned games. If they are more fun to play than XIV then people are more likely to play them. Keep in mind that by the time 2.0 hits most of these games will have had a major patch as well.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#299 Nov 25 2011 at 5:14 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
569 posts
For anyone planing on quitting here's what you do... If you want to post after, feel free.
____________________________
99th paper cut, and the grain of salt.
#300 Nov 25 2011 at 5:30 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
67 posts
i have bought the game for 50 euros in January, this was my 1st "P2P" game, i forced my self to play it and learn about this game.
But i have quit the game after 15 day...

Wasted money...
why?
UI is sh*t
Too much run
playing with a xbox controller is a joke (one of the main reasons why i bough the game)
getting killed by small rats and bees :/
updates take ages
combat is sh*t
and better F2P game to waste my time with
i was expecting a FF7 like...yeah i feld like a sucker

Edited, Nov 26th 2011 12:49am by neo12
#301 Nov 25 2011 at 5:43 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
44 posts
This has same screenshot and it clearly says that it is Concept Screenshot for 2.0. No mentioning in-game screenshot.


By the way, SE should do something about Client and patch. I just reinstalled the game and tried to download patches, but the 11030 error pop up because my apartment blocked the torrent. Honestly, which game companies encourage user to use Torrent?


Edited, Nov 25th 2011 6:48pm by ilwhana
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 36 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (36)