Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

in your opinions is ffxiv worth playing now?Follow

#1 Oct 14 2011 at 10:47 AM Rating: Decent
6 posts
title says it all opinions please
#2 Oct 14 2011 at 10:51 AM Rating: Good
*
52 posts
No. But I'm really looking forward to 2.0. I think 2.0 has a chance to be a great game.
____________________________


#3 Oct 14 2011 at 11:05 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*
117 posts
llLytell wrote:
title says it all opinions please


Yes. Go to Lodestone website and check out the information they released today. Be aware they are going start charging in the next few months.

ZAM has a lot of haterz n black knights, I think far more in comparison to that you would find on the official forums. Everyone has there own opinion but I'm certainly enjoying myself.

And to be honest... it's 13 dollars a month. That's 30 minute at work, for one month of gameplay. That's eating a sandwich one night out of the week instead of the cost of maybe a dinner special at a restaurant. It's fairly cheap.



Edited, Oct 14th 2011 1:12pm by RemVye
#4 Oct 14 2011 at 11:06 AM Rating: Good
**
266 posts
Well considering 1.2 will launch a subscription fee. No, but I will come back for 1.21.
#5 Oct 14 2011 at 11:13 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
LOL no. Here is why it's not worth it for me:
No AH
No decent party search feature
Too much grind

My husbands reason:
The list is honestly too long for me to try and even reconsider trying to remember it all :/

Will we stay p2p, I hope not, but my husband has to agree not to want to p2p either. If he still wants to give this a try, I'll back him, but considering he hates the current state of this game, I doubt we will stick around.

Fool me once SE *the 1st release of this game*, shame on you. Fool me twice *asking me to pay for a broken game*, shame on me.... I'm not doing the shame on me part if I don't have to.
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#6 Oct 14 2011 at 11:20 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*
117 posts
Every game has grind... the grind is actually very easy. You can get level 50 in 2 week easily. Sooner if you play more.

Market Wards are functional... not ideal at all (I'd like an AH) but guess what AH is coming! This is good.

Party Search can't be implemented... stupid database design by Tanaka's team is the cause. Thats why they are changing servers and redesigning all that stuff.

I swear people make these complaints w/o knowing why. They just blindly say "this is a basic feature and it's not in the game" it's not as simple as that. And them knowing for a year about them, which they have, doesn't mean the work is any easier to implement or fix.

It's obvious that Tankas messed up HORRIBLY, but SE is giving it there all to fix the game. You have to respect them for that.
#7 Oct 14 2011 at 11:28 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
534 posts
Depends on why you want to play. If you want something to mess around, not too worried about character progression, and be hands on part of the evolution of the new FFXIV...then yea, climb aboard. It will be an interesting show.

If you want to race to endgame and expect a pot of gold...come back later.
____________________________
Amos Fin - Ultros

#8 Oct 14 2011 at 11:31 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
Okay it's Tanakas mess. That is fine, but that doesn't justify that this game was released in **** poor condition. A company is supposed to try and draw in clients, not scaring them away. And good for them for going to revamp this game...people shouldn't be having to pay for a half *** product, period.

If they were really seriously about this game...getting it all dolled up and such, to what people expect, new clients and returning clients, they should have just killed it at launch, with a big of *** kissing apology instead of dragging their clients through the mud with fixes that they obviously could't fix cause of Tanaka's mess up. That is what they should have done.

Fix it up, and rerelease when ready instead of taking their fanbase on a roller coaster ride. They would have saved themselves the heartache and fanbase, new and returning.
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#9 Oct 14 2011 at 11:32 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
Simool wrote:
Depends on why you want to play. If you want something to mess around, not too worried about character progression, and be hands on part of the evolution of the new FFXIV...then yea, climb aboard. It will be an interesting show.

If you want to race to endgame and expect a pot of gold...come back later.


Yep I'll check it out when the current players consider it a pot of gold. I'm tired of wishy washy.
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#10 Oct 14 2011 at 11:44 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*
117 posts
LillithaFenimore wrote:
Okay it's Tanakas mess. That is fine, but that doesn't justify that this game was released in **** poor condition. A company is supposed to try and draw in clients, not scaring them away. And good for them for going to revamp this game...people shouldn't be having to pay for a half *** product, period.

If they were really seriously about this game...getting it all dolled up and such, to what people expect, new clients and returning clients, they should have just killed it at launch, with a big of *** kissing apology instead of dragging their clients through the mud with fixes that they obviously could't fix cause of Tanaka's mess up. That is what they should have done.

Fix it up, and rerelease when ready instead of taking their fanbase on a roller coaster ride. They would have saved themselves the heartache and fanbase, new and returning.



You don't think things through before you post insane statements, do you?

So let me get this straight, I paid for the CE release got my game. After 2 weeks they say "this is a pile of **** on a trash sandwich we are shutting down the game until its fixed, sorry". I would expect to get a refund. So all the money they just made would get sent back out, plus the cost of the product they sent out, a million CD's, the security token, printing costs, marketing costs, shelving costs, etc etc etc.

They would have taken such a loss into the point where they would dip towards bankruptcy. That sounds really smart.

Or, they said that same statement but don't give a refund. How many people would have came back after they got screwed out of $50 - $80 and didn't get to play the game? "Sorry, game is offline please try again in 2 years". WHAT?

This is just insane, you're insane. Just because you didn't like the game and didn't have fun doesn't mean other people didn't enjoy it. I played for a few months at release, quit, and came back at 1.18. I've been enjoying myself since and my character has progressed. Each patch is bringing in new content that I'm having fun with. And when the 2.0 version is released you will be level 30 while I'll be level 50 and ready to tear into the new end-game that comes with it.

And I said it before, I would almost certainly expect a level cap raise when 2.0 comes out (since it will be 2 year post release). So I will be able to continue progressing as I have been and you'll be basically a new character. That's my reason for playing; fun, progress, and watching the game grow.
#11 Oct 14 2011 at 12:23 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
RemVye wrote:


ZAM has a lot of haterz n black knights, I think far more in comparison to that you would find on the official forums. Everyone has there own opinion but I'm certainly enjoying myself.



Only reason this is - is because they consider it against the ToS to say anything bad about the game in main forums. I had them send an email threatening to cut me off XI and XIV over some polite but critical comments (no swearing etc, just critical).

So yeah, probably less "haterz" on the main forums because they squash dissent. Thank god Zam doesn't.

As for the OP... it depends. I would say probably not since the free trial year is drawing to a close, but if you look at 2.0 (coming in a year) and think it seems exciting, and want to be ahead of the game (as it were) when it happens... and want to experience the storyline which will be gone when that happens... then yeah. Sure, why not.

But if you want to play a real release ready game - see you next year.


Edited, Oct 14th 2011 11:24am by Olorinus
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#12RemVye, Posted: Oct 14 2011 at 12:28 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I seriously doubt this... do you go to the forums? Most of the posts there are complaints and criticism! lol
#13 Oct 14 2011 at 12:33 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
Quote:
Dear Customer:

This notice is to inform you that we have suspended your access to the FINAL FANTASY XIV Forum for one or more violations of the FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement that occurred on 07-22-2011.

Thread Title:
Why gear should be craftable:

Relevant sections from the FINAL FANTASY XIV Guidelines:
- Posting content that does not follow the theme of the category or thread.
- Posting that constitutes discrimination against another forum member or group (also including forming groups for the purpose of discrimination), insults, slander, libel, harassment of a group or individual.


Original Posts:
Post 1:
Next thing they will be telling you to quit, and saying the game doesn't need players like you. It is quite sad really. They can't handle people making suggestions about how to improve the game, or raising concerns about existing mechanics.

They are taking this yoshi religion a little too seriously, I think.

Post 2:
I joined the forum in april, yeah so?

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...cicuid=1540738

I think I played more than enough to have an opinion on this game, and frankly, I would appreciate it if you would can the personal insults

Post 3:
I haven't been playing thm, I've been playing one of the myriad other classes I have, mostly fishing - which is why my dex and piety is high. I haven't restated since the patch.

Also, from what I have seen, you're the one who is trolling. If you like everything about this game, then that's great! Why can't you simply accept that others don't appreciate the direction the game is taking, and leave it at that, versus making lame comments like "go away"?

I mean seriously. I understand that you don't have the ability to actually challenge anything I am saying using rationality and logic, but, you ought to just stay silent versus making yourself look pathetic by trying to shut down other people's voices.

Post 4:
Anyway thanks for proving my first post in this thread 100% correct.

Post 5:
How is playing for 6 months not any decent amount? Give me a break man, yeah I do have a full time job etc. but I played regularly for 6 months.

Every action we issue is based on conclusive evidence of a violation and is reviewed for accuracy.

Based on the actions in this most recent incident and any prior record on the service account, we have suspended your access to the FINAL FANTASY XIV Forum in accordance with the FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement. The suspension will last a minimum of 3 hours starting 07-22-2011 8:00 (MST) during which time you will be unable to access the FINAL FANTASY XIV Forum.

For information on prohibited activities in the FINAL FANTASY XIV Forum, please refer to the Square Enix Account Terms of Use, FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement, and the FINAL FANTASY XIV Forum Guidelines.

NOTE:

Please be aware that during the suspension, we will review the case and determine if you are eligible to use the forums in the future. Depending on the situation, we may decide to take further action by terminating your access to the FINAL FANTASY XI Forum and/or FINAL FANTASY XIV Forum.

In addition, actions taken against an account are accumulative. If you persist in violating the FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement, we may terminate your access to the FINAL FANTASY XI Forum and/or FINAL FANTASY XIV Forum. We therefore ask that you do not repeat this behavior, and that you review the FINAL FANTASY XIV Forum Guidelines.

If you suspect the violation resulted from unauthorized access to the account or the actions of an unauthorized third party who is not your parent or legal guardian, or if there are other points you wish to clarify, please review the following information on the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.
http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=902&la=1&kid=57402

This message has been sent to you for notification purposes only, and we are unable to address further inquires via replies to this email. Should you have any additional questions or concerns, we ask that you visit the SQUARE ENIX Support Center at http://support.na.square-enix.com/


Sorry, can you point to any cussing or anything particularly horrible there? nope. Just trolls dressed up as white-knights mindlessly reporting everything I posted because I was unhappy with changes to cures.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#14 Oct 14 2011 at 12:51 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*
117 posts
- Posting content that does not follow the theme of the category or thread.

Maybe?

Nothing particularly bad... but still it's not against ToS to talk about not liking the game and express things you don't like. Not saying you were in the wrong. But I see it all the time on the forums people complaining. Heck go look right now, I bet there are 10 complaint threads on the first page.

#15 Oct 14 2011 at 12:56 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,998 posts
I can't see a point in starting the game right now.
The game is so much better than it was at release. It really does feel like almost an entirely different game.

But, it's a year later. And there's honestly almost nothing to do.
Grind Exp, Solo probably, possible party play in the high 30s or 40s. Fun.
Guildleves/Behests/Caravan Guards(no one does that).
Crafting/Gathering.
Sidequests.
Main Storyline Quests.
Grand Company Quests.
Toto-Rak, Spho-placeimnotgoingtotryandspell, Darkhold, Ifrit.
Some open world NMs

End of the game. This is basically all of the content that currently exists, after all of this time.
If you are OK with that amount of content, and can wait for whatever the future brings, you could give it a shot for a bit to see if it's actually "worth" playing to you. Worth really doesn't mean the same thing to every person.

There's more stuff to come, but it all seems like to little to late to me. One full year, and most of the larger things they have planned won't be released for another year or more. That's not cool at all.
There may be a different feeling for those that have been here from the beginning, compared to people coming in now, so it's hard for anyone to give a proper opinion on that. I don't think, if I was just now thinking about the game, I would even try it though.
And things that have been bothering me all morning...
RemVye wrote:
ZAM has a lot of haterz n black knights, I think far more in comparison to that you would find on the official forums. Everyone has there own opinion but I'm certainly enjoying myself.

You say this, but it doesn't seem like you actually believe it. Apparently, your opinion is the only one that actually matters, and anyone who disagrees is just "insane."
There is no god **** Z in that word.
RemVye wrote:
Party Search can't be implemented... stupid database design by Tanaka's team is the cause. Thats why they are changing servers and redesigning all that stuff.

People need to stop using Tanaka and his team as a scapegoat. It's not like they did all of this in secret. At the time they had the full support of SE as a whole. There was plenty of time to see what wouldn't work, but it was added anyways. This isn't purely team Tanaka's fault. It is the fault of SE as a whole.
They knew what worked from XI. Plenty of the same people worked on both. The company clearly, at the time, didn't have problem with these things not being there. They didn't care until people really started to tell them how ****** of a system it was.

RemyVye wrote:
I swear people make these complaints w/o knowing why. They just blindly say "this is a basic feature and it's not in the game" it's not as simple as that. And them knowing for a year about them, which they have, doesn't mean the work is any easier to implement or fix.

Party search is a basic system! Really, it is! Every **** MMO has this. It is as simple as that. There's no reason why we shouldn't have it now. There's no real reason why it shouldn't have been here from the start.

RemVye wrote:
It's obvious that Tankas messed up HORRIBLY, but SE is giving it there all to fix the game. You have to respect them for that.

Again, it's not like he was developing the game, by himself, in some secret laboratory somewhere. SE knew what he and his team had made, and clearly gave their OK on it. I'm not going to give them respect just for trying to fix a failed product. The results may or may no deserve some amount of respect, but the act itself does not. It's for money by the way.

RemVye wrote:
This is just insane, you're insane. Just because you didn't like the game and didn't have fun doesn't mean other people didn't enjoy it.

Just because you like the game and have fun doesn't mean other people have to like the game and enjoy it. Just stop, really.
You have posted a ton today. I completely understand excitement, but my god. And it's all been complete ****. Black Knights this, Haterz that. Jesus.

People have differing opinions. You are not the answer to everything. You're experience is not the same as everyone else. Get over yourself. It's not even a discussion of different ideas, it's just you being the **** definition of a white knight. Nothing about her post seemed "insane" to me, but you decided to go ahead and attack(yes, attack) her anyways.
Everyone has the right to post and express their opinions on the game here, and you should really respect that.
Such an overall crappy attitude from you. "I'll be a level 50 and YOU'll basically be new character!" Like some insult from a child.
____________________________
This used to be pretty fun.
#16 Oct 14 2011 at 12:59 PM Rating: Decent
6 posts
i was thinking of getting ffxiv cause i heard it was still free but then read it ends in nov. from what i read doesnt seem worth getting yet til the updates. was a big fan of ffxi played from 8th grade all the way to my senior year.
#17 Oct 14 2011 at 1:02 PM Rating: Good
***
1,636 posts
I would say that unless someone absolutely loves the atmosphere and will play a game for the textures and models alone, or prefers a slow rate of play, there is nothing this game offers that isn't available better elsewhere. Everything seems like its improving from incomplete and broken to underwhelming or mediocre, at least for me.
____________________________


#18 Oct 14 2011 at 1:08 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
852 posts
No, I'll be back in 2013.
____________________________
#19 Oct 14 2011 at 1:17 PM Rating: Good
*
52 posts
llLytell wrote:
i was thinking of getting ffxiv cause i heard it was still free but then read it ends in nov. from what i read doesnt seem worth getting yet til the updates. was a big fan of ffxi played from 8th grade all the way to my senior year.


This. You asked for opinions on if the game is worth playing now. It's not. It's better than it was and it looks like it will be really good when 2.0 comes out, but right now it's just not. The problem a lot of people have, when they are recomending the game, is that they are comparing the game to itself. When they think about how much better the Market Wards are now, they use words like "serviceable" or something. Yeah, the Market Wards are tons better than they used to be, but they're still a lot worse than any other game's. Plus everything else that FFXIV has done to improve the game is a ton better than it used to be, but is the game fun? Not really. If someone is being objective, they would not recommend this game, right now and certainly not when p2p kicks in.

It has a ton of potential though. It is for sure worth checking up on and reading the forums until 2.0 comes out. It may even be worth it to start playing the game a couple months before 2.0, just to get a head start. But right now it is not worth playing. :(

____________________________


#20 Oct 14 2011 at 1:17 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
72 posts
Been playing since Beta. Yep, I have enjoyed the ride and will continue doing so.
____________________________



#21 Oct 14 2011 at 1:21 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
RemVye wrote:
- Posting content that does not follow the theme of the category or thread.


aka responding when someone (in response to my comment which was on topic) says "your opinion doesn't matter cause you're not level 50"

Yeah pretty bane-worthy
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#22 Oct 15 2011 at 12:44 AM Rating: Decent
*
141 posts
llLytell wrote:
title says it all opinions please

No, why? It's unfinished game. No matter what's the status of it, if it's going better or, not. So many things might change in development stages that you might like the game better, or stop liking it at all, and all that while they milk your money... Not to mention theirs lying to us that paid will be resumed at state that is good for release which isn't now...
#23 Oct 15 2011 at 2:05 AM Rating: Decent
*
70 posts
You probably won't find a fairly represented set of opinions in this thread.

As always, the angriest are the loudest. Take the guy who said he'd be back in 2013 for instance, I recall seeing him trashing the game in summer '10, and over a year later he's still here doing the same thing. You see, being disgruntled with a game can bring out such commitment in some people :)

I suggest you wade through many of the news-related threads here to get a slightly more accurate view of people's opinions on the game.
#24 Oct 15 2011 at 2:08 AM Rating: Good
****
4,153 posts
LillithaFenimore wrote:
Okay it's Tanakas mess.


Tanaka is just the head on the dragon. I blame whoever outsourced the majority of their code duties to China. SE has made plenty of poor decisions since the head of the dragon was cut off.

LillithaFenimore wrote:
Fix it up, and rerelease when ready instead of taking their fanbase on a roller coaster ride. They would have saved themselves the heartache and fanbase, new and returning.


They also would have saved themselves a lot of time and money.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#25 Oct 15 2011 at 5:19 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,313 posts
RemVye wrote:
Every game has grind... the grind is actually very easy. You can get level 50 in 2 week easily. Sooner if you play more.


Wait I thought FFers didn't like being able to hit 50 in 2 weeks. I don't understand what's happening.

Getting to level cap should be hard. I do not support this^ However, we should be able to quest. I know 90% of these forums hate WoW but questing to level cap is incredible. Trust me.
____________________________
Eithne Draocht
My IG: archaicmachinery - Friend me!
#26 Oct 15 2011 at 5:21 AM Rating: Good
***
1,313 posts
Olorinus wrote:
RemVye wrote:


ZAM has a lot of haterz n black knights, I think far more in comparison to that you would find on the official forums. Everyone has there own opinion but I'm certainly enjoying myself.



Only reason this is - is because they consider it against the ToS to say anything bad about the game in main forums. I had them send an email threatening to cut me off XI and XIV over some polite but critical comments (no swearing etc, just critical).

So yeah, probably less "haterz" on the main forums because they squash dissent. Thank god Zam doesn't.

As for the OP... it depends. I would say probably not since the free trial year is drawing to a close, but if you look at 2.0 (coming in a year) and think it seems exciting, and want to be ahead of the game (as it were) when it happens... and want to experience the storyline which will be gone when that happens... then yeah. Sure, why not.

But if you want to play a real release ready game - see you next year.


Edited, Oct 14th 2011 11:24am by Olorinus


Glad you've come around Olorinus. Thank you for expecting more out of a company like SE.
____________________________
Eithne Draocht
My IG: archaicmachinery - Friend me!
#27 Oct 15 2011 at 6:56 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
It's so funny that many call the people who complain haters. It's quite comical. Many of us have played since open beta and have stuck around for this game in hopes of it getting better.

I know me personally really enjoyed playing, however you get board after a while due to there isn't much to do. Many of us wished this game the best and hopes it turns around. Many of us sank money into making a new rig just to play this game. So to say why play when you hate this game, makes no sense. We like many, wished it wasn't a flop. Just we can't see the sense in pouring more money into a game whose future is uncertain, even with the changes they have stated. The changes sound great, but no one is for certain that those changes will revitalize this game.

So op, for me, I would hold off until all changes have been made before you invest time, energy, and money. This game is better than release, sure, but there are still in it's current state, too many things wrong and lacking.
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#28 Oct 15 2011 at 9:28 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
852 posts
Wolfeinstein wrote:
You probably won't find a fairly represented set of opinions in this thread.

As always, the angriest are the loudest. Take the guy who said he'd be back in 2013 for instance, I recall seeing him trashing the game in summer '10, and over a year later he's still here doing the same thing. You see, being disgruntled with a game can bring out such commitment in some people :)

I suggest you wade through many of the news-related threads here to get a slightly more accurate view of people's opinions on the game.


I'm not sure if you're referring to me, but if you are, let me just say that because I expect a product that doesn't suck, yes, I complain and provide feedback. I was so excited for this game and I think I was the very first person on my server for Open Beta... and then I got... that.

Of course I complained. And I certainly wasn't alone.
____________________________
#29 Oct 15 2011 at 9:54 AM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Wolfeinstein wrote:
You probably won't find a fairly represented set of opinions in this thread.

As always, the angriest are the loudest. Take the guy who said he'd be back in 2013 for instance, I recall seeing him trashing the game in summer '10, and over a year later he's still here doing the same thing. You see, being disgruntled with a game can bring out such commitment in some people :)

I suggest you wade through many of the news-related threads here to get a slightly more accurate view of people's opinions on the game.
And people who are still playing the game at this point despite 90% of the server population leaving are going to stick with the game no matter how bad it is, so can you really consider their opinion any more fair than someone who has played it and doesn't like the game?
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#30 Oct 15 2011 at 10:10 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
4,773 posts
My answer is a bit more complex.

bsphil and others are complaining that because the game is unfinished, that it's not worth playing. It makes me wonder what the decision for playing the game was to begin with.

Mine is story.

As they are going to be releasing an 'end of an era' story to segway into what's going on. Broken mechanics or no, the answer for me is 'yes'.

Because story is the number one reason why I play any Final Fantasy. And a story that can expire, that serves as a playable back-story to the new version coming out in 2013 - for me, begs to be played. And as I've enjoyed what story FFXIV came out with so far, the price tag on it isn't so much of a determent. (especially if they resume FFXI discounts.)

There will probably be more than 10% of the playerbase remaining just for that reason as well.

Which honestly, seeming they've been running the servers and working on the next release for free for so long anyways, even 10% of the current playbase now paying for it would be better than 0% paying, from a business standpoint.
#31 Oct 15 2011 at 11:20 AM Rating: Default
*
70 posts
hexaemeron wrote:
I'm not sure if you're referring to me, but if you are, let me just say that because I expect a product that doesn't suck, yes, I complain and provide feedback. I was so excited for this game and I think I was the very first person on my server for Open Beta... and then I got... that.

Of course I complained. And I certainly wasn't alone.

Yes, I was referring to you. You have every right to complain about a bad game. But when you do it for 1 year plus I think it's a prime example of those who are emotionally invested being the most outspoken.
bsphil wrote:
And people who are still playing the game at this point despite 90% of the server population leaving are going to stick with the game no matter how bad it is, so can you really consider their opinion any more fair than someone who has played it and doesn't like the game?

No, their opinions are not any fairer than yours. I'm just saying that this kind of thread bring out passionate responses that generally don't reflect the people's opinions of the game. The pay or quit poll in the other thread is more accurate. More than 50% voted to pay, yet here the views are predominantly negative.


Edited, Oct 15th 2011 1:26pm by Wolfeinstein
#32 Oct 15 2011 at 12:20 PM Rating: Decent
30 posts
RemVye wrote:
Every game has grind... the grind is actually very easy. You can get level 50 in 2 week easily. Sooner if you play more.

Market Wards are functional... not ideal at all (I'd like an AH) but guess what AH is coming! This is good.

Party Search can't be implemented... stupid database design by Tanaka's team is the cause. Thats why they are changing servers and redesigning all that stuff.

I swear people make these complaints w/o knowing why. They just blindly say "this is a basic feature and it's not in the game" it's not as simple as that. And them knowing for a year about them, which they have, doesn't mean the work is any easier to implement or fix.

It's obvious that Tankas messed up HORRIBLY, but SE is giving it there all to fix the game. You have to respect them for that.


Level 50 in two weeks? Maybe if all you have time to do is play.
#33 Oct 15 2011 at 12:23 PM Rating: Decent
30 posts
Hyrist wrote:
My answer is a bit more complex.

bsphil and others are complaining that because the game is unfinished, that it's not worth playing. It makes me wonder what the decision for playing the game was to begin with.

Mine is story.

As they are going to be releasing an 'end of an era' story to segway into what's going on. Broken mechanics or no, the answer for me is 'yes'.

Because story is the number one reason why I play any Final Fantasy. And a story that can expire, that serves as a playable back-story to the new version coming out in 2013 - for me, begs to be played. And as I've enjoyed what story FFXIV came out with so far, the price tag on it isn't so much of a determent. (especially if they resume FFXI discounts.)

There will probably be more than 10% of the playerbase remaining just for that reason as well.

Which honestly, seeming they've been running the servers and working on the next release for free for so long anyways, even 10% of the current playbase now paying for it would be better than 0% paying, from a business standpoint.


There's a certain threshold of paying players that Square is going to need to make the game profitable, so I doubt 10% is going to do it.
#34 Jan 22 2012 at 11:58 PM Rating: Good
I just purchased the game for 20 bucks on Amazon 2 weeks ago (Jan. 11, 2012) and so I'm still on the free month trial that comes with the game. So far I have to say that I am loving the game! I have a lvl 20 Lancer, 10 Armorer, 10 Blacksmith, and about lvl 6 everything else. So far there are actually quite a few quests and missions to do (could use more though definitely). The market ward system isn't the greatest but it works. Partying and soloing are both fun and very functional. The soundtrack is great, graphics are amazing...overall I am really happy with my purchase. I will say that I was a little nervous to purchase the game but now I would easily recommend it. They have, and are continuing to make lots of improvements/additions to the game. I'm trying to get my friends to play it haha. If you liked FFXI and the experience that you had there, then I really think you'll like this game!
Necro Warning: This post occurred more than thirty days after the prior, and may be a necropost.
#35 Jan 23 2012 at 4:20 AM Rating: Excellent
**
923 posts
Yeah I have to say I've been playing lately even though I hadn't planned to subscribe and I've really been liking it, the game is at a stage now where we have a mostly functioning skeletal base, if I think back to Beta it is unbelievable how much it has all changed for the better. The new graphics engine and tweaks over time will make this quite good I think, will I play more than a month at a time? most likely not at thi spoint. but I like what I'm seeing so far and I have hope for the future.
#36 Jan 23 2012 at 5:05 AM Rating: Decent
8 posts
ZadohkBladewind wrote:
I just purchased the game for 20 bucks on Amazon 2 weeks ago (Jan. 11, 2012) and so I'm still on the free month trial that comes with the game. So far I have to say that I am loving the game! I have a lvl 20 Lancer, 10 Armorer, 10 Blacksmith, and about lvl 6 everything else. So far there are actually quite a few quests and missions to do (could use more though definitely). The market ward system isn't the greatest but it works. Partying and soloing are both fun and very functional. The soundtrack is great, graphics are amazing...overall I am really happy with my purchase. I will say that I was a little nervous to purchase the game but now I would easily recommend it. They have, and are continuing to make lots of improvements/additions to the game. I'm trying to get my friends to play it haha. If you liked FFXI and the experience that you had there, then I really think you'll like this game!


You are right Zadohk. As you can see, all of the prevoius posts inthis thread were in Oct 2011. The game went throught alot of changes sine then (starting in Nov).

I dont blame the frustation of the prevoius posters, because they have been asking abd waiting ofr a whole year. Even with the current changes, they will prolly not be satisfied because they have been exausted for a year, and will not look back until 2.0 comes out.

Having said so, for a guy like you that started few weeks ago (or in my case 2 months ago), the game has an adequate content that will keep you busy for atleast couple months if not more. As you might know, we are getting new jobs with 1.21 in Feb, and more to come (prolly more Primal Fights).

To everyone who is thinking about trying this game, if you were one of the originals that played the game since launch and quited, you might wanna wait a bit more or check the game at a friend's place to take a coser look at it.

However, if you are trying it for the first time, I would strongly recommend it. Espacially players that like XI and got bored of WoW type MMOs.
--------------------------------------------------

SP : My only advice to any new player is try and pick a decent populated server. Play the game for 2 weeks or so, then switch servers if necessary.
#38 Feb 02 2012 at 7:04 PM Rating: Decent
I don't know. I liked the fact that XI had you actually deal with player's and establish connection with people via parties, but you can do that yourself wich calls for a very lonely experiance imo. I havent checked any updates recently but if they have some idea about making interaction between people more frequent then I might. The server I played on was full of guild but people hardly did anything together, and chat was often not even found unless it was in a guild. There were no shout fights which I am used to, (I miss and I don't miss)
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 20 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (20)