Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Can't get XIV to run?Follow

#1 Oct 19 2011 at 10:13 AM Rating: Good
***
1,793 posts
Heya, I'm having some issues getting the game to run.

I've installed it, patched it, and can log in and hit play... and then I get the following error.

Failed to launch FINAL FANTASY XIV.

Error Code: 193

ffxivgame.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

<ffxivgame.exe location>



Any ideas?

Edit: Tried to post this in the official forums... but I can't because I haven't logged into the game for ages ._.

Edited, Oct 19th 2011 4:15pm by MagingMartin
____________________________
Proud PUP of Phoenix.
Jobs: PUP COR RNG BLM NIN WHM 90
Member of Finale.
My Blog
#2 Oct 19 2011 at 10:39 AM Rating: Good
**
923 posts
What's your OS and did you install it somewhere other than the default installation path?
#3 Oct 19 2011 at 10:56 AM Rating: Good
***
1,793 posts
Win7, and I'd assume I left it in the default path
____________________________
Proud PUP of Phoenix.
Jobs: PUP COR RNG BLM NIN WHM 90
Member of Finale.
My Blog
#4 Oct 19 2011 at 11:21 AM Rating: Decent
*
54 posts
Did you run the FFXIV Config before launching the game? Maybe try that and configure your video settings. Also, you may want to try running the FFXIV game itself as Admin (right-click the FFXIV shortcut and select "Run as Admin"). If that still doesn't help, I would suggest reinstalling the game - yeah, I know :( - and running the install file as Admin, and to also install it in a different path than the default path (set it to C:\FFXIV).

I hope this helps!

Edited, Oct 19th 2011 1:22pm by McDomination
#5 Oct 19 2011 at 11:38 AM Rating: Decent
That is the mesage you get when you try to run a 64 bit .exe on a 32 bit OS.

Perhaps you clicked on the wrong .exe during your install. There was a choice at one point for the 64 bit version or the 32 bit. I am guessing you accidently choose the wrong one.

When you say you are using Windows 7, please specify if it's Windows 7, 64 bit, or Windows 7, 32 bit.

If you are running on 64 bit Windows you may have the opposite problem. In that case, you need to install the 64 bit FFFXIV setup.exe.
#6 Oct 19 2011 at 11:48 AM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
There's a 64-bit version of FFXIV? Since when?
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#7 Oct 19 2011 at 12:40 PM Rating: Good
*
54 posts
SmashingtonWho wrote:
That is the mesage you get when you try to run a 64 bit .exe on a 32 bit OS.

Perhaps you clicked on the wrong .exe during your install. There was a choice at one point for the 64 bit version or the 32 bit. I am guessing you accidently choose the wrong one.

When you say you are using Windows 7, please specify if it's Windows 7, 64 bit, or Windows 7, 32 bit.

If you are running on 64 bit Windows you may have the opposite problem. In that case, you need to install the 64 bit FFFXIV setup.exe.



There is no such option, as there is no such thing as a 64-bit version of FFXIV.


Edited, Oct 19th 2011 2:41pm by McDomination
#8 Oct 19 2011 at 1:08 PM Rating: Good
***
1,793 posts
McDomination wrote:
Did you run the FFXIV Config before launching the game? Maybe try that and configure your video settings. Also, you may want to try running the FFXIV game itself as Admin (right-click the FFXIV shortcut and select "Run as Admin"). If that still doesn't help, I would suggest reinstalling the game - yeah, I know :( - and running the install file as Admin, and to also install it in a different path than the default path (set it to C:\FFXIV).

I hope this helps!

Edited, Oct 19th 2011 1:22pm by McDomination


Guess I'll be trying this, cheers for the advice!
____________________________
Proud PUP of Phoenix.
Jobs: PUP COR RNG BLM NIN WHM 90
Member of Finale.
My Blog
#9 Oct 19 2011 at 1:52 PM Rating: Good
Oh. Sorry for the misguided advice then.

EDIT:

Quote:
OS: Windows® 7 32-bit/64-bit*

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 2.66GHz or higher

RAM: 4GB or more

HDD/SDD: Installation: 15GB of free space; Download: 6GB of free space on the drive containing "My Documents"

Graphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460 or better with VRAM 768MB or more

Sound Card: DirectSound® compatible sound card (DirectX® 9.0c or higher)

Internet Connection: Broadband or better (always-on)

Resolution: 1280x720 (32-bit) or higher

DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0c

Others: Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad

* On a 64-bit OS, the software will run via WOW64 ( Windows 32-bit On Windows 64-bit ).


It looks as if FFXIV will run on both 64 and 32-bit Windows. Isn't there a step during installation that asks you what version of Windows you are installing for?

I run into that same exact message whenever I try to run Excel on my 32-bit PC, or WordPerfect on the 64-bit PC at work. Thought it may be related.



Edited, Oct 19th 2011 3:58pm by SmashingtonWho
#10 Oct 19 2011 at 5:59 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
SmashingtonWho wrote:
Isn't there a step during installation that asks you what version of Windows you are installing for?
Been a while but as far as I can recall, no.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#11 Oct 20 2011 at 8:28 AM Rating: Good
***
1,793 posts
Sorted with reinstalling into a different path.

Now that I'm back... what do I do? :P

The highest level I reached was Lancer 17, is there a starters guide now, or anything like this?

Going to have to play with the settings, because even on this machine XIV runs really slowly/laggy (which it shouldn't do... Intel i7-2600 processor, 8Gb of RAM, AMD Radeon 6700 Graphics card)



____________________________
Proud PUP of Phoenix.
Jobs: PUP COR RNG BLM NIN WHM 90
Member of Finale.
My Blog
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 21 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (21)