Forum Settings
       
This thread is locked

account suspended, this might help youFollow

#1 Oct 31 2011 at 5:18 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
71 posts
Hi. I am having a hard time with SE, and i hope my story will help some people in this kind of situation. First of all, forgive me in advance for my english, it is not my main language, but my sub.

Now, here is what happened.

One year ago, i bought the game, and everything was fine, as in i could play the game. My wife wanted to try the game as well, and we created an account for her. Both accounts were not linked under the same SE account. They were being separated, because i was, and still am, a computer noob. A few weeks later, we both quit the game, and cancel the services on each of those account.

We also deleted all informations in our emails, we even put the game in garbadge. So, now, i felt i could try the game again, with all the recent changes.

I tried to reactivate any of our accounts, but i couln't. All these requested informations were fine : (name, adress, emails, credit card number)... but i couln'd keep on since they asked me what was my question and secret answer linked to the password. I don't know if you are like me, but i never, and i mean n.e.v.e.r write this down, and i AWLAYS give some random answer... It could be "What is your mother's maiden name ? The answer could be : asfkhasdlh

So i tought "it's ok, no biggie, i will just buy the game again". Few days later, i have a new game in hands, and manage to install it. Somehow, i could install that game in one of the old SE account i had 1 year ago.

Ok, so i played for a week, and now i can't have access to my account. It has been temporarely suspended. I don't know how long they will take to take a permanent decision, but i am the type of guy who hates to let things half way done. You want to ban me ? fine, do it, but give me reasons and take a decision already, or at least, tell me WHEN you will decide.

So, i tried to contact SE support. I followed all the procedure. I wrote a very long page to explain my whole story (longuer then this), and at the end, after i pressed submit, they asked me the !%"/$?"/$%?" question ith the /"$%"/$?$/ secret answer. So all this letter for nothing. It didn'T go trough.

I tried to find a live chat support, but couln't find any.

Then i found the phone number. I reached a SE representative, but know the phone number isn't a toll free. I live in east coast Canada, and i know it will cost me a few $$$. But i had the feeling it was the only way.

The man on the phone told me to fill up the page i tried to fill up earlier, with the long letter, but this time, to guess the secret answer, to not leave it blank. I knew 100% i had given random answers, to all 4 questions, but i tried anyway. So SE gave me a ticket and a number. I called them back, gave them the numbers (i filled up 4 tickets, for every 4 questions). The system is made so the representative can't help you if the answer you had given at first wont match the security question.

I even told the person "i am 100 % sure that all my 4 answers aren't word that exist. My school, mother's name, favorite teacher and my pet can't be like : asfasf, affga, awfaf, gfgsaga"... The representative said "i am sorry, the system wont give me the answers you gave me, it only says you failed. I can't help you furthermore"...

I told him it was impossible i got hacked as well, since my higuest is level 17, and so gimped. I also didn't get ban for some reasons, because i followed the rules very strictly. I also didn't use an exploit.

Anyway, if i did such things, the least i expect is receiving an email. But i didn't receive any.

SE wont help me because i fail on giving the secret answer to the security questions.

So, write this down : DON'T GIVE RANDOM ANSWER... WRITE DOWN YOUR SECRET ANSWERS TO THE SECURITY QUESTIONS.

I officially lost my access, and the only thing i can do is wait SE to make a decision, if they ever do.

I feel like i need to buy a new game, with a different credit card. But for this, i will need to create a new email account. But then again, i am afraid their system will notice my name of that other credit card, and will eventually block me.

So... maybe i will just give up, or wait.

I hope my story will help others.

Peace.

Edited, Oct 31st 2011 7:43pm by Aegisknox

Edited, Oct 31st 2011 7:44pm by Aegisknox

Edited, Nov 1st 2011 6:20pm by StateAlchemist Lock Thread: Thread has run its course.
____________________________
Don't ask what your linkshell can do for you, but what you can do for your linkshell ...
#2 Oct 31 2011 at 5:23 PM Rating: Decent
*
57 posts
this sounds like se, you can tell them all the information you like, but it wont matter.
#3 Oct 31 2011 at 5:39 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
71 posts
blackchaos wrote:
this sounds like se, you can tell them all the information you like, but it wont matter.


I even gave them the number ID of the Token. It didn't matter. Perhaps i should of kept that token linked to my account, but i cancel it, because it was 1 year old, and i was afraid of it to be defective.
____________________________
Don't ask what your linkshell can do for you, but what you can do for your linkshell ...
#4 Oct 31 2011 at 5:50 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
374 posts
Aegisknox wrote:
blackchaos wrote:
this sounds like se, you can tell them all the information you like, but it wont matter.


I even gave them the number ID of the Token. It didn't matter. Perhaps i should of kept that token linked to my account, but i cancel it, because it was 1 year old, and i was afraid of it to be defective.



Sounds like you should start using the same secret answer every time.
#5 Oct 31 2011 at 6:04 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
Aegisknox wrote:
It could be "What is your mother's maiden name ? The answer could be : asfkhasdlh


Ah, so, RMT on your mother's side, then?

I have it from my father's side (hence the bushy eyebrows); grandparents changed the last name when they immigrated, though (from saaslicfgn to its North American equivalent, Smith).
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#6blackchaos, Posted: Oct 31 2011 at 6:09 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) yea, at least make it a real word that you can forget later:P
#7 Oct 31 2011 at 6:29 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
71 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
Aegisknox wrote:
It could be "What is your mother's maiden name ? The answer could be : asfkhasdlh


Ah, so, RMT on your mother's side, then?

I have it from my father's side (hence the bushy eyebrows); grandparents changed the last name when they immigrated, though (from saaslicfgn to its North American equivalent, Smith).


Sarcasm ? Funny... but everytime i have been asked this stupid security question, i never needed later on. So i tought this time, i would save some troubles by thinking and writing a real word.

I was too excited and wanted to go for a shortcut. I feel dumb, 'cause now the joke is on me, and all this troubles, to only save 10 seconds top.
____________________________
Don't ask what your linkshell can do for you, but what you can do for your linkshell ...
#8 Oct 31 2011 at 6:37 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
**
447 posts
They're called security questions for a reason.

You mean to say you activated an RSA token but typed in jibberish for your security question, and are complaining that you forget both your password and the answer to the question?

I'm sorry - this has nothing to do with SE's incompetence - only yours.
____________________________
Djigga, please. Highland Hyurs can't jump.

#9 Oct 31 2011 at 6:53 PM Rating: Decent
*
57 posts
um i think we can all agree se isnt the best with customer service.
#10 Oct 31 2011 at 9:45 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
really OP?






really?
____________________________
monk
dragoon

#11 Oct 31 2011 at 9:56 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,098 posts
I'm looking forward to finding my Click and Buy info when this game becomes a pay game again.I have my all FF11 info but no clue to anything but my password on FF14.
____________________________





#12 Nov 01 2011 at 1:27 AM Rating: Good
**
923 posts
Those questions are specifically designed so you can easily remember the answer since they're of a personal nature, just take a couple of seconds to answer it next time.
#13 Nov 01 2011 at 6:13 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
71 posts
volta1 wrote:
They're called security questions for a reason.

You mean to say you activated an RSA token but typed in jibberish for your security question, and are complaining that you forget both your password and the answer to the question?

I'm sorry - this has nothing to do with SE's incompetence - only yours.


You can not be more wrong. We ahve been told to never trust the security answers as in taking those seriously. We have been told to always answer something that has nothing to do with the question. The hacker can always do a search on your life and guess the answer right.

The security question has nothing to do with the token, but rather link to the account itself.

Of all the different sites, and i mean ALL, that i had to create a password, and choose answers to security questions, i never, NEVER, had to give these so called answers.

Ok, i can blame myself, but how about SE not being competent ? There is NO service at all for the clients. Even if i call them, i give ALL info, such as my visa credit card, ID of the game, ID of the token i had used, adress, phone number, etc. They wont listen because i failed to answer my answer ? So, they think i am a thug who entered a house, stole the game, stole the token and the credit card ? All this trouble because i want to steal a game with the higuest class being level 19 ! Seriously... Who's incompetent now ? SE has the crappiest service of all MMORPG.

____________________________
Don't ask what your linkshell can do for you, but what you can do for your linkshell ...
#14 Nov 01 2011 at 6:24 AM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
. but i couln'd keep on since they asked me what was my question and secret answer linked to the password. I don't know if you are like me, but i never, and i mean n.e.v.e.r write this down, and i AWLAYS give some random answer... It could be "What is your mother's maiden name ? The answer could be : asfkhasdlh
Quote:
You can not be more wrong. We ahve been told to never trust the security answers as in taking those seriously. We have been told to always answer something that has nothing to do with the question. The hacker can always do a search on your life and guess the answer right.

Screenshot


Nobody is doing a background check on you to steal a game account. But let's just entertain this fantasy for a minute. As another poster mentioned, you can always pick a word to use every time, instead of just typing in random stuff. What is your mother's maiden name? Blue. What is the name of your favorite pet? Blue. What city were you born in? Blue.

I know SE customer service is garbage, but in this case, you really shot yourself in the foot.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#15 Nov 01 2011 at 7:52 AM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Aegisknox wrote:
Of all the different sites, and i mean ALL, that i had to create a password, and choose answers to security questions, i never, NEVER, had to give these so called answers.


lol, so now you're even doubting that your response to a question is an answer? SE customer service is so bad - "the crappiest of all MMORPG," as you say - that it causes their customers to enter downward, deconstructionist spirals.

While we're on the subject: "crappiest of all MMORPG." I like that. It suggests that you've tried the service of all MMORPGs - but this is what I really like: you say MMORPG, as though you need to specify that this crazy blanket statement doesn't apply to, say, MMOFPS, or just MMOGs (like Second Life).
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#16 Nov 01 2011 at 8:03 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
From someone who works in customer service...

We can't help you if you don't help yourself.

The questions are there for a reason, if you can't be bothered to read/remember the information, why should anyone else?

It's you account, your actions, take responsability for it.
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#17 Nov 01 2011 at 8:19 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
71 posts
Duke Lubriderm wrote:
Quote:
. but i couln'd keep on since they asked me what was my question and secret answer linked to the password. I don't know if you are like me, but i never, and i mean n.e.v.e.r write this down, and i AWLAYS give some random answer... It could be "What is your mother's maiden name ? The answer could be : asfkhasdlh
Quote:
You can not be more wrong. We ahve been told to never trust the security answers as in taking those seriously. We have been told to always answer something that has nothing to do with the question. The hacker can always do a search on your life and guess the answer right.

[img=207458]

Nobody is doing a background check on you to steal a game account. But let's just entertain this fantasy for a minute. As another poster mentioned, you can always pick a word to use every time, instead of just typing in random stuff. What is your mother's maiden name? Blue. What is the name of your favorite pet? Blue. What city were you born in? Blue.

I know SE customer service is garbage, but in this case, you really shot yourself in the foot.


Right... in that case, i would of wrote those answers and sent back to me by email. When i quit the game, i deleted all the emails related to FFXI. So what now ? I am suppose to keep all info in case i play the game again ? I bought the game again, SE should think of a better system, or at least, should give a better service to client, instead of ignoring them.

I deserve a minimum of them, wich is to consider to hear my story, but they wont hear me. I CAN'T communicate with them. Just tried to sent them an email and to explain everything, but the email couln't go trough because they ask this secret asnwer to valid my identity.

Even if i buy the game again, my internet IP is probably flagged. So i am basically screwed.
____________________________
Don't ask what your linkshell can do for you, but what you can do for your linkshell ...
#18 Nov 01 2011 at 8:24 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
71 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
Aegisknox wrote:
Of all the different sites, and i mean ALL, that i had to create a password, and choose answers to security questions, i never, NEVER, had to give these so called answers.


lol, so now you're even doubting that your response to a question is an answer? SE customer service is so bad - "the crappiest of all MMORPG," as you say - that it causes their customers to enter downward, deconstructionist spirals.

While we're on the subject: "crappiest of all MMORPG." I like that. It suggests that you've tried the service of all MMORPGs - but this is what I really like: you say MMORPG, as though you need to specify that this crazy blanket statement doesn't apply to, say, MMOFPS, or just MMOGs (like Second Life).


I played Aion, my friends played WoW, and i went in forums, to other games, and tried to find similar situations just to see if SE was unique... and based on my search, they are.

SE is one of the best to fight RMTs, as opposed to Aion or WoW, but regarding the service ... How about my friend who started playing FF14 1 year ago, and got IP banned after 2 days, because he played CNJ and didn't know curing random people was an exploit ? SE banned him, with no explanation. He tried to email and call them, ... once you have been flagged, they wont allow you to explain yourself. They treat you like ****, end of story.

Again, i am not saying they are to blame in my story. I have my share to blame... but they need to let me communicate with them, wich they wont.
____________________________
Don't ask what your linkshell can do for you, but what you can do for your linkshell ...
#19 Nov 01 2011 at 8:39 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
569 posts
Aegisknox wrote:
How about my friend who started playing FF14 1 year ago, and got IP banned after 2 days, because he played CNJ and didn't know curing random people was an exploit ? SE banned him, with no explanation. He tried to email and call them, ... once you have been flagged, they wont allow you to explain yourself. They treat you like sh*t, end of story.


I don't by it, people have been exploiting every possible corner of the game to the extent that a full reset an all accounts as a punishment would not surprise me. That aside back to OP. I feel your pain ans SE's support is not the best, however after reading your first post i can only say you have yourself to blame only. Evey account i have made for the last 15 years, i still have all the ID's, passwords, secret answers, and ALL relevant info written down in a binder just in case. I recommend you do the same.
____________________________
99th paper cut, and the grain of salt.
#20 Nov 01 2011 at 9:31 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
71 posts
TwiddleDee wrote:
Aegisknox wrote:
How about my friend who started playing FF14 1 year ago, and got IP banned after 2 days, because he played CNJ and didn't know curing random people was an exploit ? SE banned him, with no explanation. He tried to email and call them, ... once you have been flagged, they wont allow you to explain yourself. They treat you like sh*t, end of story.


I don't by it, people have been exploiting every possible corner of the game to the extent that a full reset an all accounts as a punishment would not surprise me. That aside back to OP. I feel your pain ans SE's support is not the best, however after reading your first post i can only say you have yourself to blame only. Evey account i have made for the last 15 years, i still have all the ID's, passwords, secret answers, and ALL relevant info written down in a binder just in case. I recommend you do the same.


How am i the only one to be blamed ? A person who writes down his info, and put in garbadge when he quit the game should be punished for that ? If you keep ALL your info related to the games you play, for all your life, it's your business. But don't think you're better then the people who don't, because it is not normal to keep such info for so long. When you buy a TV, you keep the warranty papers all your life ? No, you throw them away once the warranty is over. Once i am done with a game, it's the same. You don't buy it ? go in the forums of other games, you will have troubles finding similar situations i am living at the moment.

I was done, i deleted the info. I bought a NEW game, just like if i buy a new TV.

I am already shocked that my account is suspended... but that, i can be fine with. After all, i can take a part of the blame. What i can't get over with is the way i am treated. SE didn't even send me an email and explain to me the reasons for that suspension. That, alone, is a crappy service.

But what's even worse, i can not even write them an email. How is that a good service ? I can not even call them, since the representatives are not allowed to explain to me anything... since my account has been flagged "this custumer doesn't know his answer for that security answer, IGNORE HIM AT ALL COST".

SE custumer service is lame, and should really LET PEOPLE COMMUNICATE WITH THEM... I compare them as a **** custumer service... worst then the Gestapo, no less.

The game has been criticised so much that the players are trying to protect the game for it survival, hence the negative comments i am getting from that thread. (You lost your answer, take your responsability, and STFU, go away...).

I wont let you, or anyone else in the world convince me i am the only to blame and that SE is doing good in my situation.

People wont admit SE is failing to give a minimum acceptable custumer service. The honest custumers, like me, are suffering consequences that are only partially our fault at best.

____________________________
Don't ask what your linkshell can do for you, but what you can do for your linkshell ...
#21 Nov 01 2011 at 9:40 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
71 posts
Hugus wrote:
From someone who works in customer service...

We can't help you if you don't help yourself.

The questions are there for a reason, if you can't be bothered to read/remember the information, why should anyone else?

It's you account, your actions, take responsability for it.


I can't send an email and i can't talk with a SE representative, since i don't know the answer i gave. That's fair ? No it's not.

Let me ask you something. If i buy the game again, and i create a new SE account with a new EMAIL... will i be able to play ? Or their system will recognise my internet IP, my name and adress, and will block me ?

'cause i am ready to take that blame, and the next time, i will do write that secret asnwer. I just don't want to do something if it's useless.

I doupt you know the answer anyway. I am not even sure if you do work in SE custumer service, or you meant you work in a custumer service in general.

I can't get answers since, again, i can't communicate with SE.
____________________________
Don't ask what your linkshell can do for you, but what you can do for your linkshell ...
#22 Nov 01 2011 at 9:43 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
**
447 posts
Your logic is a bit of a stretch here. For the sake of argument let's assume you're not trolling (that would be more believable, though).

You forgot your password, you threw out the answer to your security question, and instead of simply creating a new account with a different email address, you're insistent upon basically banging your head against a wall, complaining in a forum that you can't play a video game, and the company running the game is "****" because of it. That really marginalizes people who were victims to actual *****, but I won't go down that road as it's clear it will be had by deaf ears...)

I haven't seen anyone saying SE is doing good - what we are saying is that you find yourself in the situation you're in because you took actions that most reasonable people wouldn't. SE putting up a captive portal with a Security question is standard practice. Since you did something which is quite frankly stupid, it's no surprise that you triggered an account lock and that they can't help you.

It's unfortunate that no one can help here, but sharing your experience and irrational actions/reactions isn't going to help anyone because 1) no one in their right mind is going to do what you did and 2) you have no solution, anyways.
____________________________
Djigga, please. Highland Hyurs can't jump.

#23 Nov 01 2011 at 10:36 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
71 posts
volta1 wrote:
Your logic is a bit of a stretch here. For the sake of argument let's assume you're not trolling (that would be more believable, though).

You forgot your password, you threw out the answer to your security question, and instead of simply creating a new account with a different email address, you're insistent upon basically banging your head against a wall, complaining in a forum that you can't play a video game, and the company running the game is "****" because of it. That really marginalizes people who were victims to actual *****, but I won't go down that road as it's clear it will be had by deaf ears...)

I haven't seen anyone saying SE is doing good - what we are saying is that you find yourself in the situation you're in because you took actions that most reasonable people wouldn't. SE putting up a captive portal with a Security question is standard practice. Since you did something which is quite frankly stupid, it's no surprise that you triggered an account lock and that they can't help you.

It's unfortunate that no one can help here, but sharing your experience and irrational actions/reactions isn't going to help anyone because 1) no one in their right mind is going to do what you did and 2) you have no solution, anyways.


I don't understand you at all. A person who buy a game, quit then decided to put the game in garbadge with all the informations related with it in garbadge isn't right ? Just so you know, i tried to create another SE account, but it asked my email, and i don't have two, i just have one. I could always created an email only for SE, but i didn't think it was necessary. I have been asked to never give a right answer to a security question, because hackers can do search on your personnal life and guess it right. Even if i would of answered a real word, i would of written it somewhere, but deleted it when i quit the game. I would of lived the same situation. A normal person, with a right mind, as you said, doesn't keep something he thinks he will not use again.

I am trolling ? What i live is real, and i didn't make anything up.

They are **** because I CAN NOT COMMUNICATE WITH THEM. They are ****, because i did an honest mistake, i am human, and they wont let me explain myself. In a normal society, the suspected criminal can always explain himself and have a chance to clear things up. SE custumer service is closed to be **** because they wont let you prove you are right.. they think you are wrong, they wont let you explain, you are going down and there is nothing you can do about it.

This thread will do help a few people... Some old players who want to come back WILL SURELY CREATE A NEW SE ACCOUNT WITH A NEW EMAIL... and if i helped already 1 person... that's already good enough for me.
____________________________
Don't ask what your linkshell can do for you, but what you can do for your linkshell ...
#24 Nov 01 2011 at 10:39 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
71 posts
volta1 wrote:
Your logic is a bit of a stretch here. For the sake of argument let's assume you're not trolling (that would be more believable, though).

You forgot your password, you threw out the answer to your security question, ....


I didn't forget my password... i only forgot one thing : secret answer + security question.
____________________________
Don't ask what your linkshell can do for you, but what you can do for your linkshell ...
#25 Nov 01 2011 at 10:53 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
569 posts
Aegisknox wrote:
TwiddleDee wrote:
Aegisknox wrote:
sniped


Here is were you miss the point, don't compare one thing to another a TV warranty is not the same as ID, password, and relevant info. I don't think am better then the rest, i just use something not so common, commonsense to keep my *** in the clear. Yes i still have ALL my EQ1 info in said binder even though i lost the disk's 11 years ago.

As well such barriers as secret answer + security question are there to protect you. And if you can bother to write it down and remember then learn from your lesson and move on. By another copy, make a account from zero up. Write your info on paper so next time around you not sh*t deep do to your own error.


Edited, Nov 1st 2011 12:54pm by TwiddleDee
____________________________
99th paper cut, and the grain of salt.
#26 Nov 01 2011 at 11:49 AM Rating: Default
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
volta1 wrote:
They're called security questions for a reason.

You mean to say you activated an RSA token but typed in jibberish for your security question, and are complaining that you forget both your password and the answer to the question?

I'm sorry - this has nothing to do with SE's incompetence - only yours.
http://jamesburkhart.com/why-secret-questions-suck-as-a-security-measu
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#27 Nov 01 2011 at 12:09 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
447 posts
Yes, this is well known, even to the OP.

As Lubriderm said above - just pick a non-jibberish word to use that doesn't answer the question, yet is at least easily memorable. Crisis averted.
____________________________
Djigga, please. Highland Hyurs can't jump.

#28 Nov 01 2011 at 12:18 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
71 posts
TwiddleDee wrote:
Aegisknox wrote:
TwiddleDee wrote:
Aegisknox wrote:
sniped


Here is were you miss the point, don't compare one thing to another a TV warranty is not the same as ID, password, and relevant info. I don't think am better then the rest, i just use something not so common, commonsense to keep my *** in the clear. Yes i still have ALL my EQ1 info in said binder even though i lost the disk's 11 years ago.

As well such barriers as secret answer + security question are there to protect you. And if you can bother to write it down and remember then learn from your lesson and move on. By another copy, make a account from zero up. Write your info on paper so next time around you not sh*t deep do to your own error.


Edited, Nov 1st 2011 12:54pm by TwiddleDee


That is the thing, i have no problem learning from my mistakes and move on. I have no problem buying the game again... i had bought 2 games one year ago (one for me and one for my wife)... i can do it again. This time, i will create a new SE account. I will even create a new EMAIL only for that matter.

I have no problem doing that... but i am afraid they will suspend that new account since their system will surely recognise my name, adress and most importantly, my internet IP.

Look, i did an honest mistake, i can live with it, but SE wont let me explain, but worse, they might not let me buy a new game. My Internet IP has been flagged in their system. That's what i am assuming... and i did nothing wrong. 3 accounts have been under my Internet IP, with 3 different names (me, wife and now, my step-brother), and that's what my suspension is all about.

Again, the least they could do is explain to me, or at the very least, let me explain to them. Not letting any communication is ridiculous.. and why i am the only one here thinking SE is wrong about that !?
____________________________
Don't ask what your linkshell can do for you, but what you can do for your linkshell ...
#29 Nov 01 2011 at 12:29 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
71 posts
bsphil wrote:
volta1 wrote:
They're called security questions for a reason.

You mean to say you activated an RSA token but typed in jibberish for your security question, and are complaining that you forget both your password and the answer to the question?

I'm sorry - this has nothing to do with SE's incompetence - only yours.
http://jamesburkhart.com/why-secret-questions-suck-as-a-security-measu


You just made my day... and beleive me, i understood the hint. I just wished someone would understand me a little better, and support me when i say SE need to improve their custumer service.

Not letting a client to email them or to talk to a representative over the phone because he doesn't remember a secret answer that is from an old account he closed over 1 year is beyound ridiculous... it is more ridiculous then not writting down the secret answer at the first place.



Edited, Nov 1st 2011 2:32pm by Aegisknox
____________________________
Don't ask what your linkshell can do for you, but what you can do for your linkshell ...
#30 Nov 01 2011 at 12:56 PM Rating: Default
*
168 posts
I may have missed something, but why would you re-purchase the game and then use the same C2P account to activate it? If your highest character was only 17, then why not start fresh with a new account. You chose to activate the newly purchased license on an account you no longer had any records on... It would appear that you set yourself up for defeat from the start.

Yes, SE service sucks, but that is only from a westernized perspective. Ignoring common sense, to the Japanese, makes you worthy of nothing. Especially considering the game is currently F2Play, there is no way that they are going to bend over backwards for someone that they consider, based on their policies, as inept and "unworthy."

Edited, Nov 1st 2011 2:57pm by Dyrwydi
____________________________
Success is a journey, not a destination - Failure is a destination achieved by ending the journey.
#31 Nov 01 2011 at 1:05 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Rather, why wouldn't the OP just download a copy of the game and log into his old, legit account?
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#32 Nov 01 2011 at 1:12 PM Rating: Decent
*
168 posts
bsphil wrote:
Rather, why wouldn't the OP just download a copy of the game and log into his old, legit account?


Because license codes and accounts are two separate things, and the OP indicates that he deleted the license codes from the original game (a note of finality that seems juvenile to me). Regardless, he says that he is indeed using the original account, which leaves me further confused. If you have washed your hands of all vestiges of FFXIV, why reuse the same old, defunct account when it takes just a few minutes to setup a fresh account and avoid all of the drama.
____________________________
Success is a journey, not a destination - Failure is a destination achieved by ending the journey.
#33 Nov 01 2011 at 1:26 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Dyrwydi wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Rather, why wouldn't the OP just download a copy of the game and log into his old, legit account?


Because license codes and accounts are two separate things, and the OP indicates that he deleted the license codes from the original game (a note of finality that seems juvenile to me). Regardless, he says that he is indeed using the original account, which leaves me further confused. If you have washed your hands of all vestiges of FFXIV, why reuse the same old, defunct account when it takes just a few minutes to setup a fresh account and avoid all of the drama.
Where did he say that? And is that even possible?
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#34 Nov 01 2011 at 1:37 PM Rating: Decent
*
168 posts
bsphil wrote:
Dyrwydi wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Rather, why wouldn't the OP just download a copy of the game and log into his old, legit account?


Because license codes and accounts are two separate things, and the OP indicates that he deleted the license codes from the original game (a note of finality that seems juvenile to me). Regardless, he says that he is indeed using the original account, which leaves me further confused. If you have washed your hands of all vestiges of FFXIV, why reuse the same old, defunct account when it takes just a few minutes to setup a fresh account and avoid all of the drama.
Where did he say that? And is that even possible?


Excellent question, it would seem that I read to much "between the lines." So I guess the OP only bought the new box copy so that he could have the disks... which means that they could conceivably start over with the newly acquired license codes... probably took longer to call SE Support than it would have for him to level to 17, in any class, again.
____________________________
Success is a journey, not a destination - Failure is a destination achieved by ending the journey.
#35 Nov 01 2011 at 1:56 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
71 posts
Dyrwydi wrote:
I may have missed something, but why would you re-purchase the game and then use the same C2P account to activate it? If your highest character was only 17, then why not start fresh with a new account. You chose to activate the newly purchased license on an account you no longer had any records on... It would appear that you set yourself up for defeat from the start.

Yes, SE service sucks, but that is only from a westernized perspective. Ignoring common sense, to the Japanese, makes you worthy of nothing. Especially considering the game is currently F2Play, there is no way that they are going to bend over backwards for someone that they consider, based on their policies, as inept and "unworthy."

Edited, Nov 1st 2011 2:57pm by Dyrwydi


My higuest is 17, and that is from the new game, not the old one. I had deleted all my characters from the old account, wich makes things even look worse then it is. Why i didn't create a new SE account ? I tried, but they asked me an email, and since i only had one, it said "we are sorry, an email already exist in our database"... it was something like that, close engough. Ignoring common sense ? What is common sense to you ? keeping some info in a game i had put in garbadge in case i decide to play again ? Or their system ask to create an email just so i can create an account ? I don't like the idea of having a few emails. I like simple... Or common sense for you is not giving any support at all... common sense is that i can't write them an email or talk to a representative ? That's no common sense, and that's under international standards, including Japan.
____________________________
Don't ask what your linkshell can do for you, but what you can do for your linkshell ...
#36 Nov 01 2011 at 2:00 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
71 posts
Dyrwydi wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Rather, why wouldn't the OP just download a copy of the game and log into his old, legit account?


Because license codes and accounts are two separate things, and the OP indicates that he deleted the license codes from the original game (a note of finality that seems juvenile to me). Regardless, he says that he is indeed using the original account, which leaves me further confused. If you have washed your hands of all vestiges of FFXIV, why reuse the same old, defunct account when it takes just a few minutes to setup a fresh account and avoid all of the drama.


I have tried to create a new SE account, but it asked me an EMAIL... and i only had one. IT said "sorry, that email already exist in our database". In my eyes, it was more simple to me to reactivate that old account, and link the new game into it, then create a new email only for SE. Ok, maybe not more simple, but i hate having too many emails. At some point in my life, i had 5, and it was too many for my taste. I decided to do some cleaning and i only have 1.

Now the joke is on me.
____________________________
Don't ask what your linkshell can do for you, but what you can do for your linkshell ...
#37 Nov 01 2011 at 2:07 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
71 posts
bsphil wrote:
Dyrwydi wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Rather, why wouldn't the OP just download a copy of the game and log into his old, legit account?


Because license codes and accounts are two separate things, and the OP indicates that he deleted the license codes from the original game (a note of finality that seems juvenile to me). Regardless, he says that he is indeed using the original account, which leaves me further confused. If you have washed your hands of all vestiges of FFXIV, why reuse the same old, defunct account when it takes just a few minutes to setup a fresh account and avoid all of the drama.
Where did he say that? And is that even possible?


i said that in many occasions. Again, what happened is this :

1 year ago, i bought 2 games (for me and my wife)
we had 2 SE accounts as well. We both quit and deleted ALL info related to these accounts.

Now i am back, i bought a new game, and when i tried to create a new SE account, it asked an email. I only have 1 email, and i didn't want to create a new email for SE only. So instead, i reactivated my old account, wich had all my old characters deleted (i bought the game because i tought SE closed my account and tought i couln't reactivated it). So i bought, and surprise, i could reactivate my old account and link my new game in it.

SE probably thinks (why is this moron bought a new game when he reactivated his old account. Why waste the money ? He could just reactivate his old account.... No, someone can't be that stupid, he is probably a hacker... let's suspend and have an investigation).

Of course, it's a system. I feel dumb, beleive me... i know the mess i put myself into, but regardless of the stupidity, i deserver a chance to clear everything up. Again, i have all the info (even my token numbers, and new game ID-Key)... but they wont hear me out. They are just very rude and ignore me.
____________________________
Don't ask what your linkshell can do for you, but what you can do for your linkshell ...
#38 Nov 01 2011 at 2:09 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
569 posts
@OP
The more you protest the worse off it's starting to sound... in the last 3 years i have quit countless MMO's and at no point did i rage delete all info, a simple subscription end is more then enough. And considering xiv was free for last 14 months you decision to rage delete seems even more strange. Leading to the question why are you coming back to a game going p2p in a month if you raged a storm when it was free?
Here's what you do though.
1) make new email
2) get fresh copy
3) make a fresh account using 1 and 2
4) don't make same mistake of rage deleting
5) ???
6) play till you rage you need to p2p in a month
7) rage delete again
8) come back in another 14 months Q.Q same thing happened
**** might as well copy paste you OP and save it for a year.. unless it's rage deleted...

No i didn't play rage yet, but people seem to be raging it's good.
If a tree rages in the forest and no one cares, why does it rage on zam?
Rag

Edited, Nov 1st 2011 6:01pm by TwiddleDee
____________________________
99th paper cut, and the grain of salt.
#39 Nov 01 2011 at 2:18 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
71 posts
Dyrwydi wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Dyrwydi wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Rather, why wouldn't the OP just download a copy of the game and log into his old, legit account?


Because license codes and accounts are two separate things, and the OP indicates that he deleted the license codes from the original game (a note of finality that seems juvenile to me). Regardless, he says that he is indeed using the original account, which leaves me further confused. If you have washed your hands of all vestiges of FFXIV, why reuse the same old, defunct account when it takes just a few minutes to setup a fresh account and avoid all of the drama.
Where did he say that? And is that even possible?


Excellent question, it would seem that I read to much "between the lines." So I guess the OP only bought the new box copy so that he could have the disks... which means that they could conceivably start over with the newly acquired license codes... probably took longer to call SE Support than it would have for him to level to 17, in any class, again.


It is way more simple then that.

I was shopping in the mall, and i entered EBgames just to browse, nothing serious. Then i saw FF14 was selling cheap... then i asked the guy who works there "is FF14 any better then it used to ?"... Lucky me, the guy was a FF14 player... and he told me the recent changes... i got excited and bought the game. At this point, i knew i had chances to reactivated my old account, but i wasn't convinced. It was possible that SE closed my account and that i had to buy the game again. Since i was all excited and that i live quite far form mall, i bought the game anyway (it was 30$, no biggie).

I tought SE closed my account and tought i couln't reactivated it.

I bought the game, i installed it and then tried to created a new SE account.

It asked me an email, and i didn't want to create a new EMAIL just for SE, so i told to myself "maybe i should give a try and reactivate my old account". At my surprise, i could. I remembered my ID and my password just fine.

SE has no mercy for little mistakes like the one(s) i did. And that's not how you bring back custumers to play the game.
____________________________
Don't ask what your linkshell can do for you, but what you can do for your linkshell ...
#40 Nov 01 2011 at 2:38 PM Rating: Decent
*
168 posts
@OP

So, the problem is "I didn't want to create a new free email account with GMail."

"Common Sense" is a cultural thing - disregarding common sense even on the basest of levels (rage deleting all record of ever having had the game) is never excusable. SE has no mercy for what they view as blatant disregard for common sense.

Now, the "why" behind the problems you are having. RMT is more than just a way to convert in-game currency into real money for someone to line their pockets with, it is also a black-market money laundering system by which criminal organizations can move money from one country to another. Japanese despise the idea that a legitimate business is being used for such base purposes and therefore are willing to sacrifice idiotic customers as a way to avoid social compromise (a.k.a. Social Hacking -use of direct communication to avoid security measures).

While you may be innocent of any wrong doing and therefore a victim of the system, you are not without fault - and so you are now without recourse. Sorry, buy another copy, setup a new email address and start over. Continuing to whine about this is pointless.
____________________________
Success is a journey, not a destination - Failure is a destination achieved by ending the journey.
#41 Nov 01 2011 at 3:51 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
71 posts
TwiddleDee wrote:
@OP
The more you protest the worse off it's starting to sound... in the last 3 years i have quit countless MMO's and at no point did i rage delete all info, a simple subscription end is more then enough. And considering xiv was free for last 14 months you decision to rage delete seems even more strange. Leading to the question why are you coming back to a game going p2p in a month if you raged a storm when it was free?
Here's what you do though.
1) make new email
2) get fresh copy
3) make a fresh account using 1 and 2
4) don't make same mistake of rage deleting
5) ???
6) play till you rage you need to p2p in a month
7) rage delete again
8) come back in another 14 months Q.Q same thing happened
**** might as well copy paste you OP and save it for a year.. unless it's rage deleted...

No i didn't play rage yet, but people seem to be raging it's good.
If a tree rages in the forest and no one cares, why does it rage on zam?
Rage walks in to a bar..... ouch.



Edited, Nov 1st 2011 4:12pm by TwiddleDee


I told you many times... I don't care to buy the game again, and make a new SE account with new email. BUT, i don't want to do so if SE has banned me from internet IP. It doesn't matter if i get another new game, with a new SE account, if i can't play at the end of the day, why would i waste money, energy and time anyway ?

The reason i am doing this in ZAM is hope i find someone else having same issues, and perhaps that person will give me answers i am seeking. Also, if i help another person not doing the same mistake as i did.
____________________________
Don't ask what your linkshell can do for you, but what you can do for your linkshell ...
#42 Nov 01 2011 at 4:00 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
71 posts
Dyrwydi wrote:
@OP

So, the problem is "I didn't want to create a new free email account with GMail."

"Common Sense" is a cultural thing - disregarding common sense even on the basest of levels (rage deleting all record of ever having had the game) is never excusable. SE has no mercy for what they view as blatant disregard for common sense.

Now, the "why" behind the problems you are having. RMT is more than just a way to convert in-game currency into real money for someone to line their pockets with, it is also a black-market money laundering system by which criminal organizations can move money from one country to another. Japanese despise the idea that a legitimate business is being used for such base purposes and therefore are willing to sacrifice idiotic customers as a way to avoid social compromise (a.k.a. Social Hacking -use of direct communication to avoid security measures).

While you may be innocent of any wrong doing and therefore a victim of the system, you are not without fault - and so you are now without recourse. Sorry, buy another copy, setup a new email address and start over. Continuing to whine about this is pointless.


You have good points, but if SE tells me my account is deleted, but i can still play the game if i buy the game again, with new SE account, with new EMAIL, i would of never QQing in Zam and did it already. The thing is i don't want to spend money, energy and time for something i am afraid wont work. If they IP banned me, what good is it to spend the game again ?

Fighting RMT is good, but they are to blame for NOT ALLOWING ME TO PROVE MY IDENTITY... Name me just one other game where they don't accept the custumer to prove their identity with these info : name, adress, email, credit card, ID game, ID token (if there is any).

That is why i call them ****... They suspect you to do something wrong, they will not allow you to clarify, they will bring you down like dirt... just like ****.

I also have the feeling Zam will soon close this thread, and will possibly be banned for ZAM, since i am not a good publicity for the game.

At least, i know SE is doing a mistake much worse then mine. All i did was not keeping my info about some old account, while they refuse to hear me out about what happened.

If they think i was RMT, they are dumb. I would seriously hack an account with higuest level being 17 ? Seriously ??
____________________________
Don't ask what your linkshell can do for you, but what you can do for your linkshell ...
#43 Nov 01 2011 at 4:10 PM Rating: Default
*
168 posts
If you're concerns about IP banning, then call your ISP and request a new IP address assignment. Unless you're playing over a business Internet account you likely do not have a statically assigned IP address. This means that an IP ban is only effective for about 15-30 days (less in most cases), depending on your Internet provider (this is how Dynamic DHCP leases work).

Regarding RMT - you could be a lvl 1 character and still sell a piece of copper for 1,000,000gil, then hand off those funds to another account which transfers it to a gil buyer - your argument is the exact same that RMTers use in their efforts to social hack accounts. Classic example is Blizzard taking phone calls and removing security key generators from accounts because the caller cries a little bit. Just because you think that your cause is just does not mean that criminals will not stoop low enough to mimic your scenario for the sake of a dollar.
____________________________
Success is a journey, not a destination - Failure is a destination achieved by ending the journey.
#44 Nov 01 2011 at 4:20 PM Rating: Excellent
I am locking this thread as it seems no further good can become of it remaining open. To the OP, I do hope that your problem gets resolved. As far as security questions go, sometimes I give a legit answer and years alter when I need to answer it I for some reason can't remember what the answer is.
____________________________
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Data Center: Primal; Server: Ultros; Free Company: The Kraken Club; Grand Company: The Maelstrom; Chocobo: Kweh
This thread is locked
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)