Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Returning: One QuestionFollow

#1 Nov 05 2011 at 3:18 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
25 posts
Thinking of returning, but have one huge question before I do.
I know that FFXIV is going to have a major reboot sometime near the end of 2012 (insert end of Mayan calendar joke here).
What I'm wondering is will they wipe all character data when it's implemented. Sure I enjoy playing and I've gotten to about level 30 and want to try to make it to 50, but what's the point if all my heard work goes to waste.
So has there been anything said? Is it likely they will wipe all characters?
____________________________
~Asran~ Hume 男
Sandoria Rank 10
RDM 70 DRG 65 WAR 52 BST 5
Shiva*Server
#2 Nov 05 2011 at 3:47 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,226 posts
No character data will be wiped.

The only risk of harm to your character data is some quests may be rolled back to accommodate the New World Order, according to Yoshi-P.
____________________________
w(°o°)w
#3 Nov 05 2011 at 4:58 PM Rating: Excellent
PilotAsran wrote:
Thinking of returning, but have one huge question before I do.
I know that FFXIV is going to have a major reboot sometime near the end of 2012 (insert end of Mayan calendar joke here).
What I'm wondering is will they wipe all character data when it's implemented. Sure I enjoy playing and I've gotten to about level 30 and want to try to make it to 50, but what's the point if all my heard work goes to waste.
So has there been anything said? Is it likely they will wipe all characters?

Quite the opposite. Instead of wiping character data, Yoshi-P stated that pre v.2.0 content will be mostly exclusive. SO if you don't do it now you won't be able to after v.2.0.

Edited, Nov 5th 2011 6:58pm by StateAlchemist
____________________________
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Data Center: Primal; Server: Ultros; Free Company: The Kraken Club; Grand Company: The Maelstrom; Chocobo: Kweh
#4 Nov 06 2011 at 9:33 AM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
Won't be wiped. Some quest data may be rolled back and some of your items may go to be held by an NPC since they plan on dropping the inventory size back to 100, but that's about it.

Think about it this way, what's the point of being charged now to play a character that wouldn't exist anymore?

Edited, Nov 6th 2011 7:34am by UltKnightGrover
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#5 Nov 07 2011 at 12:10 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
25 posts
UltKnightGrover wrote:
Won't be wiped. Some quest data may be rolled back and some of your items may go to be held by an NPC since they plan on dropping the inventory size back to 100, but that's about it.

Think about it this way, what's the point of being charged now to play a character that wouldn't exist anymore?

Edited, Nov 6th 2011 7:34am by UltKnightGrover


Sillier things have been done by Squeenix ><;
But seriously, thanks for clearing that up. I'll see you all in Eorzia, again!
____________________________
~Asran~ Hume 男
Sandoria Rank 10
RDM 70 DRG 65 WAR 52 BST 5
Shiva*Server
#6 Nov 07 2011 at 12:56 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
374 posts
PilotAsran wrote:
UltKnightGrover wrote:
Won't be wiped. Some quest data may be rolled back and some of your items may go to be held by an NPC since they plan on dropping the inventory size back to 100, but that's about it.

Think about it this way, what's the point of being charged now to play a character that wouldn't exist anymore?

Edited, Nov 6th 2011 7:34am by UltKnightGrover


Sillier things have been done by Squeenix ><;
But seriously, thanks for clearing that up. I'll see you all in Eorzia, again!



Disagreed. That would surely be the silliest (except for MAYBE the original retainer system.) That plan was surely imagined up by someone on LSD.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 18 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (18)