So I just recently activated the trial to FFXI. I played the game when it launched in the U.S. and had left around spring of 2004. I enjoyed my time there even though it was such a test of patience to ever get anything done because of time. Eight years later, I don't have that kind of time to invest but something sparked my interest in the game again.
I haven't committed to playing it fully yet as I'm only doing the 14 day trial. I wanted to get others input from what FFXIV is like now. I had heard and read that it was awful when it released but that it's been greatly improved.
So here are the things that I'm being hung up on when deciding which game to play:
- The game is dying out.
- I was level 75 DRG, but never got to see much of the game. I've read that at 99 you can do some major exploring solo and that sounds appealing to me.
- Since the leveling process has improved, I'd finally get to try out classes that I always wanted to.
- A lot of things look appealing to me and I'm curious to try it.
- The proposed changes in 2.0 make the above point stand out even more.
- I can hit this up on PS3 eventually...
This is a really awkward way of asking, but what choice would you make if you were in my place?