Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Introducing Easier Payment Methods! (01/26/2012)Follow

#1 Jan 26 2012 at 3:46 AM Rating: Good
Quote:
In the months leading up to the end of FINAL FANTASY XIV's extended free trial period, we received copious amounts of feedback from customers regarding the billing system. We took that feedback to heart, and have worked to implement new payment options that better meet the needs of our players. As the first step towards our goal, we introduced the ability to utilize additional payment methods to purchase Crysta, and subsequently implemented a system that allowed for the purchase of user-specified amounts of Crysta.

As the next step towards a better customer experience, we are pleased to announce that it is now possible to enter credit/debit card information directly into the system to handle subscription payments. This feature has been by far the most popular request received from the community, and so we are very happy to make it available.

To utilize the new easier-to-use payment options, simply log into the Square Enix Account Management System and select the FINAL FANTASY XIV Service Account to get started.

Source: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html



About time! :D
____________________________
Leader of the Carriers of the Cauldron
#2 Jan 26 2012 at 4:29 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,177 posts
So does this mean no more Click and Buy? This may be a great step in the right direction.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#3 Jan 26 2012 at 4:44 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
*****
12,703 posts
UltKnightGrover wrote:
So does this mean no more Click and Buy? This may be a great step in the right direction.


Don't think it can get any better than direct CC use lol. I just feel bad for SE cuz that C&B contract is gonna be **** to break >.>
____________________________

#4 Jan 26 2012 at 4:50 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,416 posts
UltKnightGrover wrote:
So does this mean no more Click and Buy? This may be a great step in the right direction.


I think you still need to use it if you want to add Crysta to your account.

Other than that, I'm pretty pleased. The whole account management outside the payment set-up could still use some streamlining but at least they have a long time to get there. Adding CC info was fast and easy (barring few errors).

What blew my mind was that they had a Visa Electron option. That's the way to do it, no more credit card requirements. Not everyone can get it so easily here.
____________________________
SE:
Quote:
We really want to compete against World of Warcraft and for example the new Star Wars MMO.

#5 Jan 26 2012 at 5:20 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
531 posts
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Finally I can come back! Been trying since Jan. 6th, but crysta and C&B were not working for me for some reason. Direct credit card payments will work for me woohoo!
____________________________






#6 Jan 26 2012 at 7:17 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
852 posts
I sincerely hope it works for everyone who wants to use it.
____________________________
#7 Jan 26 2012 at 7:25 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
A day late and a dollar short don't you think SE? Glad they finally fixed it though. Still waiting on 2.o.
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#8 Jan 26 2012 at 8:48 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,416 posts
Quite a fuss over few weeks indeed.

Although I'm sure it would have been crucial to have this around for the past year when the game was free....
____________________________
SE:
Quote:
We really want to compete against World of Warcraft and for example the new Star Wars MMO.

#9 Jan 26 2012 at 9:44 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
852 posts
Hyanmen wrote:
Quite a fuss over few weeks indeed.

Although I'm sure it would have been crucial to have this around for the past year when the game was free....


Don't troll. It's perfectly reasonable that SE knew since launch that people HATED the billing options, HAVE hated the billing options and never STOPPED hating the billing options, so really, there's zero reason why they shouldn't have had this ready for the resumption of billing.

Except, you know, knowledge of their decision-making pattern in the past.
____________________________
#10 Jan 26 2012 at 10:20 AM Rating: Good
**
941 posts
hexaemeron wrote:
Hyanmen wrote:
Quite a fuss over few weeks indeed.

Although I'm sure it would have been crucial to have this around for the past year when the game was free....


Don't troll. It's perfectly reasonable that SE knew since launch that people HATED the billing options, HAVE hated the billing options and never STOPPED hating the billing options, so really, there's zero reason why they shouldn't have had this ready for the resumption of billing.

Except, you know, knowledge of their decision-making pattern in the past.


You can't ask people not to troll if the only thing you do when you post on ZAM is rant about everything wrong with the game or doom'n'gloom.

Well, you can - but then you just make me giggle at work and make people in the cubicles next to me worry.
#11 Jan 26 2012 at 10:32 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,416 posts
hexaemeron wrote:
Don't troll.


Oh my.

If only merely being aware of the problems in the system would fix them all the same!

Edited, Jan 26th 2012 7:33pm by Hyanmen
____________________________
SE:
Quote:
We really want to compete against World of Warcraft and for example the new Star Wars MMO.

#12 Jan 26 2012 at 10:46 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
Umm. No offense guys but everyone trolls on Zam :P. it's just varying degrees of trolling :D
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#13 Jan 26 2012 at 11:42 AM Rating: Excellent
**
941 posts
LillithaFenimore wrote:
Umm. No offense guys but everyone trolls on Zam :P. it's just varying degrees of trolling :D


Yeah well, back in my day it wasn't so easy. We had a troll uphill, in the snow. Yeah, you heard me all right - snow.
#14 Jan 26 2012 at 11:56 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
EmotionBlues wrote:
LillithaFenimore wrote:
Umm. No offense guys but everyone trolls on Zam :P. it's just varying degrees of trolling :D


Yeah well, back in my day it wasn't so easy. We had a troll uphill, in the snow. Yeah, you heard me all right - snow.



Pfftt. Snow. Ever seen swamp people? Try trolling with gators! That's right! Gators! No one can out troll this Cajun!
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#15 Jan 26 2012 at 11:58 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
An unequivocally good decision on SE's part.
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#16 Jan 26 2012 at 12:07 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,232 posts
I'm guessing this is why the SE Members page was down so long. Edit: Nevermind... the community site is still down lol

Either way, I'm super glad to see they've got this fixed. :)

Edited, Jan 26th 2012 10:08am by LebargeX
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#17 Jan 26 2012 at 12:25 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
LebargeX wrote:
I'm guessing this is why the SE Members page was down so long. Edit: Nevermind... the community site is still down lol

Either way, I'm super glad to see they've got this fixed. :)


Edited, Jan 26th 2012 10:08am by LebargeX


Me too, wish this was fixed before billing set in, I may have decided to keep my character open just to have it, even though I wasn't activly playing it :/ I've already made a different commitment to one of SE's competitors though :/, only cause a close friend of mine for 10+ years plays :), so it works out I guess...in my favor.

Edited, Jan 26th 2012 1:26pm by LillithaFenimore
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#18 Jan 26 2012 at 2:45 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
828 posts
Quote:
we introduced the ability to utilize additional payment methods to purchase Crysta, and subsequently implemented a system that allowed for the purchase of user-specified amounts of Crysta.

Sure that part was already in place. i bought 3414 crysta with paypal to pay for 180 days service when billing started.

think i'll be changing to direct billing via debit card. was kinda hoping they'd allow paypal directly get rid of the ultimatepay process.
____________________________


#19 Jan 26 2012 at 3:55 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
560 posts
Only about a year and a half late.
____________________________


#20 Jan 26 2012 at 6:21 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,232 posts
tpgsoldier wrote:
Only about a year and a half late.


So, right on schedule :P
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#21 Jan 26 2012 at 7:56 PM Rating: Excellent
**
465 posts
Thank you, thank you, thank you.. No more running out to buy game cards because the other methods don't work. Letting people purchase crysta in the amount they want was a good decision too, makes it look less shady.
____________________________
Lodestone
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 21 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (21)