Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Yoshida on Thief, Musketeer, Dark Knight, and ArcanistFollow

#1 Feb 02 2012 at 2:55 PM Rating: Good
*
95 posts
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/36345-Thief-Musketeer-Dark-Knight-and-Arcanist

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/32482-release-of-thief-musketeer-dark-knight-and-arcanist/

Found this while perusing FFXIVcore's forums. Yoshi-P talks loosely about some of the future jobs. Glad to see Thief is being thought of. However, I hope they don't follow-through with having to choose between PLD and DRK. The concept is neat, I guess, but I don't want to choose between the two.
____________________________
FFXIV Server: Masamune
Character: Biggs Beoulve
Jobs: 50 PLD, 50 WAR, 50 DRG
#2 Feb 02 2012 at 3:01 PM Rating: Decent
3 posts
You will be able to play both (this is FF after all :D), he was saying that in order to activate a quest for each job you will need to meet some requirements ex: PLD would need lvl30 GLD and lvl15 MRD to be able to get PLD, and he said DRK would come from GLD and was think about have a requirement where PLD would need to be lvled up too.

ex: DRK = 30 GLD and 15 PLD to be able to unlock it.
#3 Feb 02 2012 at 3:41 PM Rating: Good
***
2,010 posts
35vryk wrote:

ex: DRK = 30 GLD and 15 PLD to be able to unlock it.


I hope not or it's subjob leveling horrors all over again, except this time there isn't even a useful reason to have the subjob leveled after you are done.

#4 Feb 02 2012 at 4:14 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
182 posts
The thing is if your GLD is lvl 30 so is your PLD. So you technically cant level your PLD up
____________________________
#5 Feb 02 2012 at 4:49 PM Rating: Good
**
325 posts
jtully wrote:
The thing is if your GLD is lvl 30 so is your PLD. So you technically cant level your PLD up


Correct me if I am wrong but I seem to remember reading that you will be able to receive exp while you have the Paladin job stone set and the exp will just go to Gladiator.
#6 Feb 03 2012 at 2:44 AM Rating: Excellent
****
7,106 posts
Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong but I seem to remember reading that you will be able to receive exp while you have the Paladin job stone set and the exp will just go to Gladiator.

Perhaps, but that still won't let you level PLD from 1 to 15 if your GLD is already 30 to unlock PLD.
#7 Feb 03 2012 at 2:46 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
*
85 posts
I actually really like the idea that you have to choose between Dark Knight and Paladin. They seem to really be taking some guidance from FFIV if you look at the AF for Dragoon. It would probably be better if they were two different types of tank instead of a DPS/Tank split, though I'd be even more intrigued if they use the Dark Knight/Paladin switching system you see Cecil use in FF:Dissidia.
____________________________
To often, we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remeber when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and ***** slap that MOTHERF@#$%R upside the head

The few folks I know that bother to have RNG at 75 these days still do uber amounts of damage . . . What the **** kind of buffs do you want? Maybe a target crosshairs to help caclulate the sweet spot better?
#8 Feb 03 2012 at 1:42 PM Rating: Good
*
95 posts
Quote:
You will be able to play both (this is FF after all :D), he was saying that in order to activate a quest for each job you will need to meet some requirements ex: PLD would need lvl30 GLD and lvl15 MRD to be able to get PLD, and he said DRK would come from GLD and was think about have a requirement where PLD would need to be lvled up too.


Hmmm.
Quote:
For dark knight coming from Gladiator class, have to complete Paladin to obtain the quest, maybe it's good where once you become dark knight you can't go back to Paladin.



Nope. He said that once you become a DRK you can't turn back to PLD. Of course, he's just throwing some of his ideas out there. Nothing set in stone.
____________________________
FFXIV Server: Masamune
Character: Biggs Beoulve
Jobs: 50 PLD, 50 WAR, 50 DRG
#9 Feb 04 2012 at 1:21 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
*****
12,709 posts
Yeah not set in stone and now that people on the official forums cried about that idea, it won't happen.
____________________________

#10 Feb 04 2012 at 3:33 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Theonehio wrote:
Yeah not set in stone and now that people on the official forums cried about that idea, it won't happen.


I can't disagree that it's an unattractive idea, though. On what grounds are permanent job choices better than the alternative(s)? Is it because it would have been so neat to never be able to play one job? One thing that FFXIV certainly does not need is content that completely locks players from experiencing other content! XD
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#11 Feb 04 2012 at 4:28 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
588 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
Theonehio wrote:
Yeah not set in stone and now that people on the official forums cried about that idea, it won't happen.


I can't disagree that it's an unattractive idea, though. On what grounds are permanent job choices better than the alternative(s)? Is it because it would have been so neat to never be able to play one job? One thing that FFXIV certainly does not need is content that completely locks players from experiencing other content! XD


I was thinking it might be good to introduce some specializations into the DoH and DoL classes. Goldsmith specializes in Boneworking or Gems, Alchemist powders or potions, etc... Just conceptual obviously but I think as long as were trying to make unique jobs for DoW and DoM why not do the same for the rest.
____________________________



#12 Feb 04 2012 at 5:36 PM Rating: Default
*
88 posts
you don't level jobs. if your glad is 30, so is your pld. if you level to 31 on pld, your glad is 31 and vice versa.

this has been said several times by SE, I don't know how there is still confusion
____________________________

-Sanctus-
World Of Warcraft: ~Retired~
Sanctuss - 45 Orc Shaman - Lightnings Blade
Evokur - 70 Blood Elf Warlock - Mug'Thol

Final Fantasy 11: ~Retired~
|Quetzalcoatl|
WHM40 SMN80 PLD62 BRD33 WAR31 NIN18 DRG25 BLM15
Elvaan Male
Sandoria Rank 8
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?152468
Avatars: O Fenrir: O

#13 Feb 04 2012 at 7:53 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
kainsilv wrote:
KaneKitty wrote:
Theonehio wrote:
Yeah not set in stone and now that people on the official forums cried about that idea, it won't happen.


I can't disagree that it's an unattractive idea, though. On what grounds are permanent job choices better than the alternative(s)? Is it because it would have been so neat to never be able to play one job? One thing that FFXIV certainly does not need is content that completely locks players from experiencing other content! XD


I was thinking it might be good to introduce some specializations into the DoH and DoL classes. Goldsmith specializes in Boneworking or Gems, Alchemist powders or potions, etc... Just conceptual obviously but I think as long as were trying to make unique jobs for DoW and DoM why not do the same for the rest.


Ah, now, see, I can understand a specialty for a crafting or gathering class, though.

Allowing crafting and gathering classes to specialize in one thing over another - like, say, an Alchemist being able to choose a potion specialty or something - would not only diversify the economy once these classes reached the cap, but it would also, as you said, contribute to a bit of uniqueness. I wouldn't consider the relatively small choice of what to HQ more often, or of a small handful of recipes, akin to barring a player from a significant amount of content. I think it's more akin to choosing a great reward at the end of expansion, really, rather than skipping a large portion of that expansion.

Restricting entire classes from players, on the other hand, with their dozens of abilities and traits, I think would cross the line and take too much away for making a choice; it could also have many impacts later (if, for example, the playerbase found out that any melee worth anything needed a DRK trait to be set).

In short, a crafting specialty could help diversify the crafts and the economy, and I don't think that it would restrict too much as a result. Restricting an entire class, however, is too much. It would ultimately be a good idea to allow players some way to undo their choice in any case, if such choices exist, but it should be appropriately difficult to discourage frequent switching. That seems to solve all problems, really~
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#14 Feb 04 2012 at 9:52 PM Rating: Good
*
88 posts
I don't have the link but I read somewhere Yoshi doesn't like how there are players currently with every class at max level. He said something along the lines of when the level cap is raised, you can only take a certain amount of crafts above level 50, similar to ffxi.

I do like the specialization though, but it should be reversible, but at a cost of some sort
____________________________

-Sanctus-
World Of Warcraft: ~Retired~
Sanctuss - 45 Orc Shaman - Lightnings Blade
Evokur - 70 Blood Elf Warlock - Mug'Thol

Final Fantasy 11: ~Retired~
|Quetzalcoatl|
WHM40 SMN80 PLD62 BRD33 WAR31 NIN18 DRG25 BLM15
Elvaan Male
Sandoria Rank 8
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?152468
Avatars: O Fenrir: O

#15 Feb 07 2012 at 10:08 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,606 posts
Theonehio wrote:
Yeah not set in stone and now that people on the official forums cried about that idea, it won't happen.

Not sure I would like the idea of a yin and yang thing. PLD could never be a DRK could never be a PLD may also mean that a WHM could never create a BLM and a BLM could never create a WHM type stuff.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 30 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (30)