Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Job Quests have been completedFollow

#1 Feb 21 2012 at 1:27 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,214 posts
It looks like there is a post from Triairy in the Japanese forums confirming the job quests are in, and that Yoshi will be putting up a Letter soon outlining some details and possibly the patch date. Based on the post this appears to be what has been holding up the announcement of the Patch.

Hopefully they will still get it out in the next week. But who knows what still needs to be done before they can post it...

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/21008-%E5%90%89%E7%94%B0P%E3%82%92%E5%85%A8%E5%8A%9B%E3%81%A7%E5%BF%9C%E6%8F%B4%E3%81%99%E3%82%8B%E4%BA%BA%E3%81%AE%E6%95%B0%E2%86%92?p=560364#post560364

But of course, the English Forums have been silent since last week...
#2 Feb 21 2012 at 2:54 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Oh, please be substantive, please have a decent story, please be more involved than walls of text + kill/collect quests!
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#3 Feb 21 2012 at 3:46 PM Rating: Good
**
923 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
Oh, please be substantive, please have a decent story, please be more involved than walls of text + kill/collect quests!


Good luck!

Hopefully, the reason it's taking so long is because the quests are like nothing we've ever experienced before....yes I'm drunk

Edited, Feb 21st 2012 4:46pm by samosamo
#4 Feb 21 2012 at 3:46 PM Rating: Excellent
I'm nervous about how these quests are going to pan out. I loved the job quests in FFXI, but those quests sent you all around the world to pursue some unique and memorable storylines (PLD quest FTW). With the FFXIV job quests, we'll be running around the same handful of zones we've had for the past year-and-a-half. I kind of wish they'd held onto these until after Version 2.0, or at least hopefully they'll revise and re-release the quests after 2.0 launches.

I'll do my best to keep an open mind until we see how these quests are implemented.
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#5 Feb 21 2012 at 5:49 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
Thayos wrote:
With the FFXIV job quests, we'll be running around the same handful of zones we've had for the past year-and-a-half. I kind of wish they'd held onto these until after Version 2.0, or at least hopefully they'll revise and re-release the quests after 2.0 launches.


Oh, yeah; I hadn't thought of that.

NPC: You'll need to venture to a swampy, winding lake that has an island in the middle and investigate a strange-looking rock formation situated along its northeastern shoreline...
Adventurer: This one?
NPC: No, but it will look a lot like that - huh, in fact, exactly like that.
Adventurer: This one...?
NPC: Well, no, but...
Adventurer: It's not this one, is it?
NPC: Okay, wow, just how many lakes do you have in Eorzea?
Adventurer: That fit your description? Over forty just outside of Gridania, sir.
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#6 Feb 21 2012 at 7:05 PM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
NPC: You'll need to venture to a swampy, winding lake that has an island in the middle and investigate a strange-looking rock formation situated along its northeastern shoreline...
Adventurer: This one?
NPC: No, but it will look a lot like that - huh, in fact, exactly like that.
Adventurer: This one...?
NPC: Well, no, but...
Adventurer: It's not this one, is it?
NPC: Okay, wow, just how many lakes do you have in Eorzea?
Adventurer: That fit your description? Over forty just outside of Gridania, sir.



LOL!!!
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#7 Feb 21 2012 at 9:29 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
588 posts
Come now... You know as well as I do we have icons to help us find the exact spot the NPC is requesting we visit. You don't even have to listen to the story.

That said I'm hopeful as you say that the quests are more of a story. I wouldn't want easy mode advanced job quests.
____________________________



#8 Feb 22 2012 at 1:06 AM Rating: Excellent
Guru
***
1,310 posts
The job system is the silver lining in the dark cloud that is FFXIV. I think this is Yoshida's definitive moment in turning the game around. If he can pull this off, there's hope for the future.
#9 Feb 22 2012 at 4:09 AM Rating: Excellent
**
266 posts
samosamo wrote:
KaneKitty wrote:
Oh, please be substantive, please have a decent story, please be more involved than walls of text + kill/collect quests!


Good luck!

Hopefully, the reason it's taking so long is because the quests are like nothing we've ever experienced before....yes I'm drunk

Edited, Feb 21st 2012 4:46pm by samosamo

I really need to get drunk and write this paper right now...but I have no alcohol :(
but yea, I normally try to remain optimistic but...I don't think these quests will be all that great.
#10 Feb 22 2012 at 5:43 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
588 posts
XenoKrates wrote:
...but yea, I normally try to remain optimistic but...I don't think these quests will be all that great.


I'm hoping for better but when I think about the fact that many of the current quests will disappear post 2.0 I wouldn't be surprised if they were generic. :(
____________________________



#11 Feb 22 2012 at 5:49 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*****
12,703 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
Oh, please be substantive, please have a decent story, please be more involved than walls of text + kill/collect quests!


Being more than that goes against casual gameplay, does it not? D:
____________________________

#12 Feb 22 2012 at 6:34 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
88 posts
In before the "In SWTOR they have"'s and "They should have implemented them a year ago"'s.

As for my own response: nice!
#13 Feb 22 2012 at 7:52 AM Rating: Decent
**
266 posts
kainsilv wrote:
XenoKrates wrote:
...but yea, I normally try to remain optimistic but...I don't think these quests will be all that great.


I'm hoping for better but when I think about the fact that many of the current quests will disappear post 2.0 I wouldn't be surprised if they were generic. :(

True, but I kind of have my hopes up since these are a pretty big deal and will stick with the game post-2.0. I don't know though, we'll probably get a producer's letter on friday or on monday that will delay the patch until mid-march but it will tell us something more hopefully :P
#14 Feb 22 2012 at 3:13 PM Rating: Good
***
3,825 posts
XenoKrates wrote:
kainsilv wrote:
XenoKrates wrote:
...but yea, I normally try to remain optimistic but...I don't think these quests will be all that great.


I'm hoping for better but when I think about the fact that many of the current quests will disappear post 2.0 I wouldn't be surprised if they were generic. :(

True, but I kind of have my hopes up since these are a pretty big deal and will stick with the game post-2.0. I don't know though, we'll probably get a producer's letter on friday or on monday that will delay the patch until mid-march but it will tell us something more hopefully :P


I paid for 1 month of SWToR, I cancelled my sub the other day. I'm still paying for XIV.... I don't have high hopes for these quests, but maybe that means I'll be surprised a bit easier.

I just like the 1 char can do all approach, SW didn't do much different for me. I played out the two classes I would enjoy and didn't really enjoy anything other than the story. I'm a dumbass and enjoying grinding leves at my own pace... so well, I might just be weird.
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#15 Feb 22 2012 at 4:19 PM Rating: Excellent
**
266 posts
Perrin, ****** Superhero wrote:
XenoKrates wrote:
kainsilv wrote:
XenoKrates wrote:
...but yea, I normally try to remain optimistic but...I don't think these quests will be all that great.


I'm hoping for better but when I think about the fact that many of the current quests will disappear post 2.0 I wouldn't be surprised if they were generic. :(

True, but I kind of have my hopes up since these are a pretty big deal and will stick with the game post-2.0. I don't know though, we'll probably get a producer's letter on friday or on monday that will delay the patch until mid-march but it will tell us something more hopefully :P


I paid for 1 month of SWToR, I cancelled my sub the other day. I'm still paying for XIV.... I don't have high hopes for these quests, but maybe that means I'll be surprised a bit easier.

I just like the 1 char can do all approach, SW didn't do much different for me. I played out the two classes I would enjoy and didn't really enjoy anything other than the story. I'm a dumbass and enjoying grinding leves at my own pace... so well, I might just be weird.

Same here, except I'm not paying for FFXIV at the moment. I'll probably start playing if they deliver with 1.21.
#16 Feb 22 2012 at 7:46 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,569 posts
All I can hope for is that the paladin quest involves a golden nugget of iron...
____________________________
Products of boredom: 1 2 3 4 5
Besieged
Hopes for FFXIV: Fencer | Red Mage
#17 Feb 24 2012 at 5:45 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
Perrin, ****** Superhero wrote:
I'm a dumbass and enjoying grinding leves at my own pace... so well, I might just be weird.


Honestly I really feel you here (despite having left XIV behind) - I spend most of my time in XI dinking around. I actually like MMOs mostly for the unstructured stuff and have no interest in SWTOR partially because of the whole "quests shuttling the player along" vibe I got from it (and other reasons).

Honestly - I would have probably tried to stick with XIV longer if it hadn't been for them gutting THM and CON spells and the fact that even on medium settings with a fairly decent computer I would get way too much stuttering. I know XI is old but I have it set up to look absolutely gorgeous and it doesn't stutter at all.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#18 Feb 24 2012 at 10:16 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
Perrin, ****** Superhero wrote:
XenoKrates wrote:
kainsilv wrote:
XenoKrates wrote:
...but yea, I normally try to remain optimistic but...I don't think these quests will be all that great.


I'm hoping for better but when I think about the fact that many of the current quests will disappear post 2.0 I wouldn't be surprised if they were generic. :(

True, but I kind of have my hopes up since these are a pretty big deal and will stick with the game post-2.0. I don't know though, we'll probably get a producer's letter on friday or on monday that will delay the patch until mid-march but it will tell us something more hopefully :P


I paid for 1 month of SWToR, I cancelled my sub the other day. I'm still paying for XIV.... I don't have high hopes for these quests, but maybe that means I'll be surprised a bit easier.

I just like the 1 char can do all approach, SW didn't do much different for me. I played out the two classes I would enjoy and didn't really enjoy anything other than the story. I'm a dumbass and enjoying grinding leves at my own pace... so well, I might just be weird.


Not weird, just different strokes for different folks is all. That's a good thing :)
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#19 Feb 24 2012 at 11:16 PM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
wrong thread derp... need some zzzz's

Edited, Feb 24th 2012 9:17pm by LebargeX
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 21 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (21)