Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Job Requirements have been postedFollow

#1 Mar 02 2012 at 7:48 AM Rating: Good
***
2,214 posts
Original Post: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/35144-Requesting-Information-on-Jobs-Preparing-for-1.21?p=572776#post572776
Quote:

I was able to sneak a peek at the documents regarding the upcoming job system announcement coming next week and I smuggled out a lil' morsel that you might be interested in. I figure, if you all knew what classes were required for each job, you could set a goal to raise them up over the weekend (if you're like Camate who was all "omg Bayohne, help me level up my lancer tomorrow!"...).

Take a gander at the requirements to begin the quests to unlock the jobs... (don't tell Yoshi-P I showed you!)

Job Name Requirements
Paladin Gladiator lvl 30+, Conjurer lvl 15+
Monk Pugilist lvl 30+, Lancer lvl 15+
Warrior Marauder lvl 30+, Gladiator lvl 15+
Dragoon Lancer lvl 30+, Pugilist lvl 15+
Bard Archer lvl 30+, Conjurer lvl 15+
White Mage Conjurer lvl 30+, Gladiator lvl 15+
Black Mage Thaumaturge lvl 30+, Pugilist lvl 15+

There is obviously some complaints about White Mage and Black Mage. White Mage I can get, since most cons have needed to level Gld for the def boost abilities.

I do like the fact that Monk requires lancer and Dragoon requires monk. So, leveling one helps the other.
#2 Mar 02 2012 at 9:01 AM Rating: Good
***
1,083 posts
Nothing onerous here.
____________________________
Wada: "There may be some areas of testing that were lacking or too rigid."
#3 Mar 02 2012 at 9:29 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
562 posts
rfolkker wrote:
There is obviously some complaints...


The official forums bemoaning something simply because they don't like it, demanding change regardless of understanding overall intents and developer input? I'm just shocked, SHOCKED at such a wild turn of events.
____________________________
FFXIV - Fellows - Fabul
FFXI - Fellows - Gilgamesh


#4 Mar 02 2012 at 9:31 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
852 posts
I really wish I found combat in this game at least marginally interesting. It just looks so... flat. Dull. Slow. Uninteresting.
____________________________
#5 Mar 02 2012 at 10:12 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
Getting one more class to level fifteen? That should take about 30 minutes, really; unless the complaints are that these jobs are too easy to unlock, I don't see what they could be about. XD


Edited, Mar 2nd 2012 1:46pm by KaneKitty
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#6 Mar 02 2012 at 10:39 AM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
hexaemeron wrote:
I really wish I found combat in this game at least marginally interesting. It just looks so... flat. Dull. Slow. Uninteresting.


How so?
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#7 Mar 02 2012 at 10:56 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
UltKnightGrover wrote:
hexaemeron wrote:
I really wish I found combat in this game at least marginally interesting. It just looks so... flat. Dull. Slow. Uninteresting.


How so?


Click. Wait a second. Click. Wait a second. Click. Flash of light.
Monster looks just as before.
And although attacks keep "missing" and monsters "evading",
all I see is the same static loop of battle animations.

There is no interaction between the adversaries; both just keep whiffing
their blades / claws / teeth through thin air.

#8 Mar 02 2012 at 11:00 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
852 posts
Rinsui wrote:
UltKnightGrover wrote:
hexaemeron wrote:
I really wish I found combat in this game at least marginally interesting. It just looks so... flat. Dull. Slow. Uninteresting.


How so?


Click. Wait a second. Click. Wait a second. Click. Flash of light.
Monster looks just as before.
And although attacks keep "missing" and monsters "evading",
all I see is the same static loop of battle animations.

There is no interaction between the adversaries; both just keep whiffing
their blades / claws / teeth through thin air.



This, essentially.
____________________________
#9 Mar 02 2012 at 11:06 AM Rating: Good
***
3,825 posts
I'm actually dissapointed that the requirements are so low. I'm not into S&M or anything, but 15 is a cake walk. 30/30 for dual class prerequisites wouldn't have been insanely unreasonable considering the majority of the current base is likely above what I currently am aiming for (everything at 20+)
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#10 Mar 02 2012 at 11:17 AM Rating: Excellent
**
325 posts
Perrin, ****** Superhero wrote:
I'm actually dissapointed that the requirements are so low. I'm not into S&M or anything, but 15 is a cake walk. 30/30 for dual class prerequisites wouldn't have been insanely unreasonable considering the majority of the current base is likely above what I currently am aiming for (everything at 20+)


I am disappointed as well. Hopefully the quests themselves will be a challenge even if the class requirements are not.
#11 Mar 02 2012 at 11:37 AM Rating: Good
***
2,214 posts
Keep in mind, while they are adding stuff to keep us happy, they are also doing it in hopes of new people coming and having things to work towards.

For most of us, many of these updates are a day late and a dollar short.

As for the combat animations, you are looking for a whole new revolution in gaming experience that currently does not exist.

While there are games that take advantage of combat physics, and games that take in real-world movement and gravity physics. There is currently no game built that has been able to create a fully interactive real-world physics model. A lot has to do with the limitations of the systems they are designed for, and a lot has to do with the fundamental understanding of interlaced physics in real-world computing.

The hack and slash combat style present in all RPG games out (and some mask it a little better than others, but at the end of the day all RPGs are hack and slash) is to allow for as close to real-time reactions between server and client, as well as between human and computer, and to work within a finite number of possible permutations.

Personally I think Final Fantasy with it's incapacitation system is starting to move towards more interactive reactions between mobs and players. However, the biggest complaint has still been that players react very poorly when they are the target, than if the mob isn't as reactive.

While, I can only name a few mobs that they have active incapacitation reactions to, it is still fun to break a coblyn shell, or blind an ahriman, or even break the horns off a stag or ram. But, my favorite of all time is flipping a frog. It is the funniest thing to watch those creepy-eyed SOBs flail around with their feet in the air because you caught them off guard.

And while breaking the shell on a crab doesn't cause a visible reaction, if you break it while they are guarding, you do get the reaction of your damage no longer getting soaked. And you break a gobby bomb arm, and they are more likely to drop the bomb on themselves.

There is some fun interactions with mobs and combat in the game, unfortunately, most people PL to 30, fight raptors until 40, then do strongholds to 50 missing out on the wide world of mobs the game actually has to offer. This is similar to how 11 was handled. If you race to the end, you miss the stuff in the middle. And while there isn't much there, there still are quite a few interesting things that can be fun to find and to learn. And shooting past those levels comes at a price.

Anyways, hopefully they will post the information for the jobs early in the week next week so that some people can alleviate their fears on the simplicity of the quests (either their fears can be realized, or focused on something else).

I am going to go out on a limb and assume the quest to get the job will be a simple kill quest for most jobs (hopefully nothing as annoying as the 11 Dark quest of kill 100 mobs with this sword). And the ability quests will be staggered by level, with the 2 hour equivalent ability being a level 50 quest that should keep people busy for at least a day^^.
#12 Mar 02 2012 at 11:49 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Quote:
As for the combat animations, you are looking for a whole new revolution in gaming experience that currently does not exist.

...TERA? They seem to be doing all I ask for in that regard...?
#13 Mar 02 2012 at 12:45 PM Rating: Good
Guru
***
1,310 posts
Perrin, ****** Superhero wrote:
I'm actually dissapointed that the requirements are so low. I'm not into S&M or anything, but 15 is a cake walk. 30/30 for dual class prerequisites wouldn't have been insanely unreasonable considering the majority of the current base is likely above what I currently am aiming for (everything at 20+)


Yeah, it's not like the old days when you had to take one job of your choice to 30 and then you could unlock every job in the game...

Er, wait a minute.
#14 Mar 02 2012 at 12:58 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
rfolkker wrote:
As for the combat animations, you are looking for a whole new revolution in gaming experience that currently does not exist.

While there are games that take advantage of combat physics, and games that take in real-world movement and gravity physics. There is currently no game built that has been able to create a fully interactive real-world physics model.


While I understand your point about a real-world physics model, I think people are really just asking that, when a towering column of ice smashes down upon the foe, the foe kind of, you know, moves a little bit. Nobody is calling for interactive physics, we're calling for a "getting hit animation" to actually exist and function.

Maybe the foe in question could stumble a bit, maybe they could wince - it doesn't have to be physically and dynamically reactive, it only has to look generically like they just took a blow! And when they don't take one (like when they evade), it wouldn't be too hard to have a generic evasion animation, as well (e.g., my spear should not stab through the Goblin's face when, apparently, I never even came into contact with him). This isn't about a revolution in gaming, it's about a few simple animations.
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#15 Mar 02 2012 at 1:40 PM Rating: Decent
**
924 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
Getting one more class to level fifteen? That should take about 30 minutes, really; unless the complaints are that these jobs are too easy to unlock, I don't see what they could be about. XD


Edited, Mar 2nd 2012 1:46pm by KaneKitty


1-30 is 3.5 hours with a constant non-stop PL. Maybe a pee break here/there. I have all 50's in battle save for my 42 PUG, so I'll probably start another character to experience 2.0 when it comes out and use my main now for crafting. 15 is about 1 hour with a PL :)

If your just starting the game these are reasonable. To those that have been there since the start, it's cake walk. Not sure on the quests for jobs but the artifact armor is 1 quest per piece and the battle/quest to get it will be harder than moogle/ifrit as per a post I saw from dev's.

Come on next Friday~!

btw Kane ^.~ come play with, I'll make a new character just for you :)
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18309
Quote:
Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
I endorse this thread.
#16 Mar 02 2012 at 1:58 PM Rating: Default
45 posts
Challenge if done at level 30 maybe, cakewalk for a level 50.
#17 Mar 02 2012 at 2:32 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
562 posts
Elionara wrote:
1-30 is 3.5 hours with a constant non-stop PL ... 15 is about 1 hour with a PL :)


Elionara wrote:
If your just starting the game these are reasonable.


I agree, they're reasonable, but I take it you haven't tried the 1-30+ grind in a while, specifically without access to a PL, linkshell of group of friends. Starting at about 23 the leveling curve really starts to climb yet groups are too few and far between to balance out the constant leve grinds.

I'm not arguing these job requirements should be lower, I think they're fine as is, I just find that too many level 50 players seem to have rose-colored glasses in regards to the leveling grind of this game. Anything past 25 without access to a group is just awful, and right now there just isn't enough players in those ranges to rely on any sort of party-based play. Here's hoping server merges help that, else I have a feeling not many new adopters will make it to 50.

Edited, Mar 2nd 2012 3:33pm by Whales
____________________________
FFXIV - Fellows - Fabul
FFXI - Fellows - Gilgamesh


#18 Mar 02 2012 at 2:36 PM Rating: Decent
**
924 posts
Whales wrote:
Elionara wrote:
1-30 is 3.5 hours with a constant non-stop PL ... 15 is about 1 hour with a PL :)


Elionara wrote:
If your just starting the game these are reasonable.


I agree, they're reasonable, but I take it you haven't tried the 1-30+ grind in a while, specifically without access to a PL, linkshell of group of friends. Starting at about 23 the leveling curve really starts to climb yet groups are too few and far between to balance out the constant leve grinds.

I'm not arguing these job requirements should be lower, I think they're fine as is, I just find that too many level 50 players seem to have rose-colored glasses in regards to the leveling grind of this game. Anything past 25 without access to a group is just awful, and right now there just isn't enough players in those ranges to rely on any sort of party-based play. Here's hoping server merges help that, else I have a feeling not many new adopters will make it to 50.

Edited, Mar 2nd 2012 3:33pm by Whales


Right now your right there aren't. Come March 27th with the merge there should be. Especially for new people. I'm making a new character on that day that I'll use in groups only. At least 10 others in my LS are doing the same just to have fun and help out the new people :)
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18309
Quote:
Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
I endorse this thread.
#19 Mar 02 2012 at 4:48 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,214 posts
Sounds fun. Let us know how it works out with your linkshell. It could be an interesting benchmark to what new players will see on the new servers at launch.
#20 Mar 02 2012 at 4:58 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*****
12,709 posts
Rinsui wrote:
Monster looks just as before.


Lol common in almost every MMORPG.

Quote:
Click. Wait a second. Click. Wait a second. Click. Flash of light.


Fast paced battle systems get dull and boring very quickly as well because it's exactly the same thing over and over and over.

Quote:
And although attacks keep "missing" and monsters "evading",
all I see is the same static loop of battle animations


I've yet to see a lot of MMOs even employ sound effects for when you hit a monster, only a death sound..likewise with animations I've yet to see many MMOs show an "evade" and "miss" animation.

Quote:
There is no interaction between the adversaries; both just keep whiffing
their blades / claws / teeth through thin air.


And yet in plenty of MMOs you don't even really see a real hitbox connection or they neglect it due to the ability to run and swing at it without even facing it.


So...I really don't see a difference between XIV and other MMOs in terms of these "problems" as they exist in plenty of them.
____________________________

#21 Mar 02 2012 at 5:35 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Elionara wrote:
btw Kane ^.~ come play with, I'll make a new character just for you :)


Well, if 2.0 ends up being any good, you can bet Emi and I will be there!
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#22 Mar 02 2012 at 7:40 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,569 posts
Theonehio wrote:
Rinsui wrote:
Monster looks just as before.
Lol common in almost every MMORPG.
Quote:
Click. Wait a second. Click. Wait a second. Click. Flash of light.
Fast paced battle systems get dull and boring very quickly as well because it's exactly the same thing over and over and over.
Quote:
And although attacks keep "missing" and monsters "evading",
all I see is the same static loop of battle animations
I've yet to see a lot of MMOs even employ sound effects for when you hit a monster, only a death sound..likewise with animations I've yet to see many MMOs show an "evade" and "miss" animation.

Quote:
There is no interaction between the adversaries; both just keep whiffing
their blades / claws / teeth through thin air.
And yet in plenty of MMOs you don't even really see a real hitbox connection or they neglect it due to the ability to run and swing at it without even facing it.

So...I really don't see a difference between XIV and other MMOs in terms of these "problems" as they exist in plenty of them.
Erm...yeah...since when are these a problem? Combat may need refinements, but at least they're working on it (I hope).

Anyway, I see where they're trying to go with the unlock requirements. Should be interesting to see, though I'm still hopeful that they get my favorite job right.
____________________________
Products of boredom: 1 2 3 4 5
Besieged
Hopes for FFXIV: Fencer | Red Mage
#23 Mar 03 2012 at 12:41 PM Rating: Good
***
2,214 posts
I just did a quick check since I remembered seeing some basic hit animations. And yes, there is an animation and sound associated with mobs. When you miss a different animation occurs. The animation is subtle, but they do have basic reaction animations already in the game.
#24 Mar 03 2012 at 5:32 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
Whales wrote:
I'm not arguing these job requirements should be lower, I think they're fine as is, I just find that too many level 50 players seem to have rose-colored glasses in regards to the leveling grind of this game. Anything past 25 without access to a group is just awful, and right now there just isn't enough players in those ranges to rely on any sort of party-based play. Here's hoping server merges help that, else I have a feeling not many new adopters will make it to 50.


I did solo my MRD and GLA from 1-30 pre 1.18 and then solo GLA 30-50 at 1.18, solo MRD 30-50 at 1.20. It is much less awful soloing then you're making it out to be, and if they happen to get a pt (I did get a pt a few times with random JP) then it's all the better.
____________________________




#25 Mar 03 2012 at 8:48 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
Okay SE...I'm listening...
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#26 Mar 03 2012 at 9:55 PM Rating: Good
***
1,083 posts
Khornette wrote:
Whales wrote:
I'm not arguing these job requirements should be lower, I think they're fine as is, I just find that too many level 50 players seem to have rose-colored glasses in regards to the leveling grind of this game. Anything past 25 without access to a group is just awful, and right now there just isn't enough players in those ranges to rely on any sort of party-based play. Here's hoping server merges help that, else I have a feeling not many new adopters will make it to 50.


I did solo my MRD and GLA from 1-30 pre 1.18 and then solo GLA 30-50 at 1.18, solo MRD 30-50 at 1.20. It is much less awful soloing then you're making it out to be, and if they happen to get a pt (I did get a pt a few times with random JP) then it's all the better.


I agree completely. I just soloed PGL 40-50 and LNC 40-48 -- not too many issues at all. I averaged a level an evening putting in 2-3 hours of xping. With aspect, you can do 50-60k/hr (10-15k each every 15 min) on Grand Company Leves - the one where you defeat as many enemies as possible. I think back to FFXI and the thought of gaining a level (60+) solo in one night... X.X
____________________________
Wada: "There may be some areas of testing that were lacking or too rigid."
#27 Mar 04 2012 at 12:10 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,098 posts
I just barely made it.Smiley: lol There has to be something else to unlocking these jobs it should never that easy.
____________________________





#28 Mar 04 2012 at 3:12 AM Rating: Good
**
542 posts
I think that the requirements are just fine, and see no reason why they should make it overly difficult. This is probably the most appealing feature I've seen added to the game since it launched, as it has the potential to drastically alter gameplay and let people play some of their favorite classic jobs in the FF series. If this feature is supposed to bring back old players and attract new players, it should be relatively easy to get into, and that goes for everyone from the casual soloer to the guy who gets PL'd in a day. In the state this game is in, they should be saying "Hey guys, come try this out!" rather than intentionally trying to make players jump through hoops to be able to try what may very well be the best content update in this game's history.

With that said, good on SE for IMO handling the requirements well.
#29 Mar 04 2012 at 3:57 AM Rating: Excellent
**
542 posts
Rinsui wrote:
UltKnightGrover wrote:
hexaemeron wrote:
I really wish I found combat in this game at least marginally interesting. It just looks so... flat. Dull. Slow. Uninteresting.


How so?


Click. Wait a second. Click. Wait a second. Click. Flash of light.
Monster looks just as before.
And although attacks keep "missing" and monsters "evading",
all I see is the same static loop of battle animations.

There is no interaction between the adversaries; both just keep whiffing
their blades / claws / teeth through thin air.



I agree with these points at the moment. I watch videos of some of the upcoming MMOs lately and I see people actively dodging enemy attacks, positioning themselves in a meaningful way, and using dynamic commands that appear fluid enough that you could almost mistake them for an adventure style game. I understand that this may not be for everyone, but it sure looks amazing and fun to use. I'd be ecstatic if SE decides to throw in some new and interesting combat mechanics for 2.0.
#30 Mar 04 2012 at 6:28 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
Well told my husband about the job changes and he definately seemed interested in knowing more... However not enough information is presented so I couldn't give him the answers he was seeking. That is a good thing coming from a player who said he wasn't sure about coming back. So I am very very curious about more details regarding this.
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#31 Mar 05 2012 at 12:55 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
977 posts
Regarding the animations, my biggest complaint from the last time I played would be that everything is so bland. I played as a caster, and as I leveled up I'd get excited about new spells each time, only to be disappointed over and over. Each casting animation is the exact same, and the spell animations are pretty much identical too. It's even worse when the I cast two spells constantly, one initial, and then one to combo. No thinking, no strategy, only brainmelting tedium. At least partying in XI required an ounce of thought.

I don't know if this was changed, my last play experience was from ~ Christmas.
____________________________
A drink. A drink. A drink.
#32 Mar 05 2012 at 3:36 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,098 posts
I remember being awed by japanese players skill chaining in the dune at the start of FF11 . This game has Battle Regiment.that might have animations. Never seen it tho.
____________________________





#33 Mar 05 2012 at 4:22 PM Rating: Good
Guru
**
691 posts
Warmech wrote:
I remember being awed by japanese players skill chaining in the dune at the start of FF11 . This game has Battle Regiment.that might have animations. Never seen it tho.

Battle Regiments have been temporarily deactivated with the addition of the Combo system. The two systems were incompatible the way the game was originally designed. Supposedly we are getting a new form of Battle Regiments at a later date (probably some time around 2.0, though I don't think they have said anything either way).
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)