Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

SE Really needs to fix the current classes badly.Follow

#1 Mar 07 2012 at 12:46 PM Rating: Default
45 posts
Lets list some of the issues with current classes.

Gladiator: Lacks any real tanking tools before high level, requires to many other classes skills to do their job properly, Flash and rampart are on too high of a cooldown especally rampart. I've never played a tank in any mmo that has so much issues holding hate as the gladiator does. MP is also an issue with how teams tend to not stop at all, No mp=glad can't really keep more than 1 mob on it, which is bad when FF14 is sort of an aoe tanking game. Its very rare when your party will be fighting 1 enemy at a time in a exp party.

Archer: To be frank the damage output is way to low compared to other damage dealing classes, this effect is compounded even more by the fact you need ammo, and yet you hit for less than almost all other classes. I constantly see archers doing much less damage than lancers at least up to lv 35 or so, which as I have said is silly, they should be doing the highest physical damage in game due to the ammo costs. Archer also needs a way to make Light shot be an auto attack, it gets really old, really fast having to hit light shot every single attack, yes it sounds lazy but its annoying. Not to mention they need to remove the range limit for archer comboing, mages don't have to be a certan distance away, neither should archers, this would help with soloing. As it is I hate soloing on my archer due to not being able to combo without having to do all this other crap before it.

THM: This class just hits for way to much damage and needs to be toned down somewhat, either thm needs to be toned down, or the physical attacking classes need a damage increase.

Conjurer: This class is mostly ok but it really needs another lower level heal or something, 2 heals till high level just doesn't cut it really.

All Classes in general needs alot of their abilities to have their cooldowns cut signifigantly, namely: Gladiator, THM cooldowns are fine, as are conj.

All of the Hand/land classes need to level a bit faster, they are dreadfully slow compared to dow/dom classes.

These are just some of the issues I have come across, the gladiator issues makes me hate the class because I feel useless half the time, even though I am using every ability I have to try to keep threat on me, it just does not work.

Edited, Mar 7th 2012 1:50pm by Scyris
#2 Mar 07 2012 at 12:51 PM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
Job System?
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#3 Mar 07 2012 at 12:53 PM Rating: Good
**
924 posts
I haven't fed a troll in awhile and I haven't been one in 3 days. So here it goes.

Shut your pie hole and play the game.

My archer out damages THM in moogle fights by 40-50,000 damage. I easily break 70k during 1 fight.

My gladiator NEVER loses hate in ANY single mob fight, crowd control is a little harder but with the jobs tommorow it won't be. You can start your jobs at 30.

Healing problems? Pay attention to the abilities the party is using especially the tank. Nothing I hate more than popping aegis boon only to waist it when the mage puts stoneskin on me.

Leveling? My *** it needs to speed up (a little maybe but not really, we don't need all people with all 50's in a craft).

Fisher/Miner/Armorer/Botanist/Carpenter. I got them all 0-45 in 75 hours each or less of total grinding time, meaning actually sitting there doing my thing.

If your finding the jobs that difficult to play it's not the jobs. Read up and educate yourself a bit more on job play styles.

Have a good one~!

Edited, Mar 7th 2012 10:56am by Elionara
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18309
Quote:
Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
I endorse this thread.
#4 Mar 07 2012 at 1:10 PM Rating: Default
45 posts
Elionara wrote:
I haven't fed a troll in awhile and I haven't been one in 3 days. So here it goes.

Shut your pie hole and play the game.

My archer out damages THM in moogle fights by 40-50,000 damage. I easily break 70k during 1 fight.

My gladiator NEVER loses hate in ANY single mob fight, crowd control is a little harder but with the jobs tommorow it won't be. You can start your jobs at 30.

Healing problems? Pay attention to the abilities the party is using especially the tank. Nothing I hate more than popping aegis boon only to waist it when the mage puts stoneskin on me.

Leveling? My *** it needs to speed up (a little maybe but not really, we don't need all people with all 50's in a craft).

Fisher/Miner/Armorer/Botanist/Carpenter. I got them all 0-45 in 75 hours each or less of total grinding time, meaning actually sitting there doing my thing.

If your finding the jobs that difficult to play it's not the jobs. Read up and educate yourself a bit more on job play styles.

Have a good one~!

Edited, Mar 7th 2012 10:56am by Elionara


I am talking before 50 for the archer issue, I couldn't care less about lv 50 atm. I am not trolling these are issues I have noticed. I've seen my flash not even come close to pulling a mob off someone, I cure myself, use aegis/rampart when I need to etc, yet I still lose hate easly, not so much single target, but aoe. Maybe I am worrying about it to much, least the healer in the parties I've tanked for rarely if ever gets hit.

I also think jobs might not fix the issues with some classes, especally when it restricts what classes you can pull extra abilities from. I am sure a monk or a war before 50 will make a same level bards damage look stupid.

What stats should I use on archer anyway other than dex? some say str other say.. I think Piety it was?

I also feel that stats need to do more than they do, it takes like 5 in a stat below lv 50 for it to do anything really, and even then its +1 macc or +1 acc, or +1 attack.

Then we have the materia, if materia is supposed to be where we get our stats on gear from, IMO you shouldn't need a leveled crafter to put it into things, you should be able to just do it yourself, a LS member in the LS i am in took 3 weeks to find the crafter he needed just to put 1 materia in a pair of boots, this is far FAR to long. I mean any class can make materia once u have a 18+ dow/dom job, imo anyone with a 18+ crafter should be able to put it into any piece of gear in game. regardless of the gears level.

Oh and don't even get me started on hoiw horrible the games targeting system is, I am in active mode with my weapon out, I hit confirm, or right on the dpad for example, now why the **** does it target the party member beside me inside of the monster thats right smack in front of me? I've never seen such a ****-poorly implemented targeting system, imo they need to change it so left/right targets monsters, and up/down targets party members only when in active mode. Its also a real pain in the *** to switch targets as well cancel twice, then have to hope when u hit left/right it actually targets a enemy insted of every other party member first.

Main issue i got with Galdiator is they aren't really able to do their job properly with their own class skills, you need skills from 3-5 other jobs just to make it work decently at what the class is supposed to do, no other class has this sort of an issue at all.

Edited, Mar 7th 2012 2:17pm by Scyris

Edited, Mar 7th 2012 2:21pm by Scyris
#5 Mar 07 2012 at 1:18 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
412 posts
Scyris wrote:
Elionara wrote:
I haven't fed a troll in awhile and I haven't been one in 3 days. So here it goes.

Shut your pie hole and play the game.

My archer out damages THM in moogle fights by 40-50,000 damage. I easily break 70k during 1 fight.

My gladiator NEVER loses hate in ANY single mob fight, crowd control is a little harder but with the jobs tommorow it won't be. You can start your jobs at 30.

Healing problems? Pay attention to the abilities the party is using especially the tank. Nothing I hate more than popping aegis boon only to waist it when the mage puts stoneskin on me.

Leveling? My *** it needs to speed up (a little maybe but not really, we don't need all people with all 50's in a craft).

Fisher/Miner/Armorer/Botanist/Carpenter. I got them all 0-45 in 75 hours each or less of total grinding time, meaning actually sitting there doing my thing.

If your finding the jobs that difficult to play it's not the jobs. Read up and educate yourself a bit more on job play styles.

Have a good one~!

Edited, Mar 7th 2012 10:56am by Elionara


I am talking before 50 for the archer issue, I couldn't care less about lv 50 atm. I am not trolling these are issues I have noticed. I've seen my flash not even come close to pulling a mob off someone, I cure myself, use aegis/rampart when I need to etc, yet I still lose hate easly, not so much single target, but aoe. Maybe I am worrying about it to much, least the healer in the parties I've tanked for rarely if ever gets hit.

I also think jobs might not fix the issues with some classes, especally when it restricts what classes you can pull extra abilities from. I am sure a monk or a war before 50 will make a same level bards damage look stupid.

What stats should I use on archer anyway other than dex? some say str other say.. I think Piety it was?

I also feel that stats need to do more than they do, it takes like 5 in a stat below lv 50 for it to do anything really, and even then its +1 macc or +1 acc, or +1 attack.

Then we have the materia, if materia is supposed to be where we get our stats on gear from, IMO you shouldn't need a leveled crafter to put it into things, you should be able to just do it yourself, a LS member in the LS i am in took 3 weeks to find the crafter he needed just to put 1 materia in a pair of boots, this is far FAR to long. I mean any class can make materia once u have a 18+ dow/dom job, imo anyone with a 18+ crafter should be able to put it into any piece of gear in game. regardless of the gears level.

Oh and don't even get me started on hoiw horrible the games targeting system is, I am in active mode with my weapon out, I hit confirm, or right on the dpad for example, now why the **** does it target the party member beside me inside of the monster thats right smack in front of me? I've never seen such a ****-poorly implemented targeting system, imo they need to change it so left/right targets monsters, and up/down targets party members only when in active mode. Its also a real pain in the *** to switch targets as well cancel twice, then have to hope when u hit left/right it actually targets a enemy insted of every other party member first.

Edited, Mar 7th 2012 2:17pm by Scyris


lol :)
#6 Mar 07 2012 at 1:21 PM Rating: Decent
**
924 posts
That was a more well thought out statement :) This applies to all levels especially for gladiator.

If your party members are red, and they keep attacking. Let them die. Seriously.

That hate meter is there for a reason, it's to let the balls to the wall dumbasses know that they will soon be a dead dumbass.

In Ifrit before I figured out my hate patterns I always died on mage. My rule in any fight is if you get hate, run the mob to me, or you WILL die a horrible running/screaming death because I will not chase you.

The key hate skills are frontal attacks only.

Archer I use dex/pie/crit attack/attack/str/vit in that order. My attribute points are maxed on dex and pie.

I will agree with materia but only part way. I feel that:
Any crafter that is within the materia's/gear's range should be able to attach.
I.E. a level 30 crafter should be able to attach materia level 30 and below.
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18309
Quote:
Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
I endorse this thread.
#7 Mar 07 2012 at 1:22 PM Rating: Default
45 posts
Elionara wrote:
That was a more well thought out statement :) This applies to all levels especially for gladiator.

If your party members are red, and they keep attacking. Let them die. Seriously.

That hate meter is there for a reason, it's to let the balls to the wall dumbasses know that they will soon be a dead dumbass.

In Ifrit before I figured out my hate patterns I always died on mage. My rule in any fight is if you get hate, run the mob to me, or you WILL die a horrible running/screaming death because I will not chase you.

The key hate skills are frontal attacks only.

Archer I use dex/pie/crit attack/attack/str/vit in that order. My attribute points are maxed on dex and pie.

I will agree with materia but only part way. I feel that:
Any crafter that is within the materia's/gear's range should be able to attach.
I.E. a level 30 crafter should be able to attach materia level 30 and below.


Yeah that way for materia would be much better, insted of needing a specific crafter for each item type.
#8 Mar 07 2012 at 1:26 PM Rating: Excellent
8 posts
ok let me get this straight. do you play this game at all? by your statements i don't believe so.

"Gladiator: Lacks any real tanking tools before high level, requires to many other classes skills to do their job properly, Flash and rampart are on too high of a cooldown especally rampart. I've never played a tank in any mmo that has so much issues holding hate as the gladiator does. MP is also an issue with how teams tend to not stop at all, No mp=glad can't really keep more than 1 mob on it, which is bad when FF14 is sort of an aoe tanking game. Its very rare when your party will be fighting 1 enemy at a time in a exp party. "

first off you are partially correct that to be the best tank possible you do need to learn some skills from other classes. you can be an decent tank with just its native skills though. mp is no issue if you are in a party that knows what in the world they are doing. sacred prism+ sanguine rite will almost completely refil a glads mp bar in just a few seconds.

"Archer: To be frank the damage output is way to low compared to other damage dealing classes, this effect is compounded even more by the fact you need ammo, and yet you hit for less than almost all other classes."

archer is weak? what game are you playing? archer is one of the best damage dealing classes in the game by far. if you had stated pug then you could have a point, but when people stack the archer class because it is vastly better than other classes for a fight it is not because that class is weak.

'THM: This class just hits for way to much damage and needs to be toned down somewhat, either thm needs to be toned down, or the physical attacking classes need a damage increase."

ok you have a decent point here. thm does hit hard, but it's funny when you say that, but when i go out farming i take my cnj because it is more efficient at farming mobs because it is just as strong at nuking and can heal itself.

"Conjurer: This class is mostly ok but it really needs another lower level heal or something, 2 heals till high level just doesn't cut it really. "

a conjurer nukes just as hard as a thm does and is supposed to be the main healer. if any class needs to be nerfed this is it. with the massive amount of mp management abilities and it's strength of nukes this is the class that is vastly op.

"All of the Hand/land classes need to level a bit faster, they are dreadfully slow compared to dow/dom classes. "

actually what needs to be done is the dow/dom classes needs to be slowed down to the speed in which dol/doh levels. the rate in which disciple of war classes ranks is horrid. therep's no reason you should be able to cap any class in 24-36 hours which is possible in dow/dom classes.

after looking at your post i cannot even begin to see where you are coming from. most times i try to sit back and look at what someone could possibly be seeing that gives them their views, but with your post it seems like you are discussing a completely different game than i am. i'm sorry, but to me your post doesn't even begin to make sense on multiple levels.
#9Scyris, Posted: Mar 07 2012 at 1:45 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I never said archer is weak, I said they seem to do lower damage least up to lv 35 parties, most of the time the other melee's are hitting alot harder than the archers I have seen. Not to mention archers cannot solo combo weaponskills that easy, due to the 8 yalm min range they decided to put on them to ***** archers over. If this was remvoed I'd be happy with archer.
#10 Mar 07 2012 at 1:54 PM Rating: Decent
8 posts
yes i do agree at low levels they don't do big damage. that is the same for most classes though. once you hit the 40's in each class they become their own. yeah, when it comes to archer they are one of the classes every high level party looks for because they out damage any other dd. it is a powerhouse, but you won't see its potential until later in the leveling process.

on another note. i believe the way they did materia is spot on with the class and rank required to attach it. remember according to yoshi the materia system was his idea of "end game" for crafters. it's be like saying for end game the gladiator be the main healer and the conjurer can be the tank.
#11 Mar 07 2012 at 1:55 PM Rating: Default
45 posts
darkstarpoet1 wrote:
yes i do agree at low levels they don't do big damage. that is the same for most classes though. once you hit the 40's in each class they become their own. yeah, when it comes to archer they are one of the classes every high level party looks for because they out damage any other dd. it is a powerhouse, but you won't see its potential until later in the leveling process.

on another note. i believe the way they did materia is spot on with the class and rank required to attach it. remember according to yoshi the materia system was his idea of "end game" for crafters. it's be like saying for end game the gladiator be the main healer and the conjurer can be the tank.


Ahh so bascally it gets better later, that makes me happy, thats all someone had to say. LS friend of mine is a dex/str archer, and she was saying she out dmgs other archers, probally because her str lets her bypass the mobs vit or something, says she hits for about 200 harder with a str build, over using piety stuff. so I am sort of torn on what stats to use exactly.

Edited, Mar 7th 2012 2:57pm by Scyris
#12 Mar 07 2012 at 2:05 PM Rating: Decent
8 posts
Scyris wrote:
darkstarpoet1 wrote:
yes i do agree at low levels they don't do big damage. that is the same for most classes though. once you hit the 40's in each class they become their own. yeah, when it comes to archer they are one of the classes every high level party looks for because they out damage any other dd. it is a powerhouse, but you won't see its potential until later in the leveling process.

on another note. i believe the way they did materia is spot on with the class and rank required to attach it. remember according to yoshi the materia system was his idea of "end game" for crafters. it's be like saying for end game the gladiator be the main healer and the conjurer can be the tank.


Ahh so bascally it gets better later, that makes me happy, thats all someone had to say. LS friend of mine is a dex/str archer, and she was saying she out dmgs other archers, probally because her str lets her bypass the mobs vit or something, says she hits for about 200 harder with a str build, over using piety stuff. so I am sort of torn on what stats to use exactly.

Edited, Mar 7th 2012 2:57pm by Scyris


to be honest with the way stats on weapons and gear is done the vast majority of your damage is based off your weapon. once you take care of that you have to trial and error to find out what build is best for you. from what i understood it was dex/pie, but once you hit their "soft cap" on the stats you get diminishing returns from there on. it could be your friend had already hit the soft cap on pie so they got no results for boosting the stats beyond there.

there's a guy on the official forums keiko(sp?) that does alot of parse tests and if you want to see what stats are best for what results i'd advise checking up on his results. he is very thorough and scientific in his approach.
____________________________

#13 Mar 07 2012 at 2:16 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Elionara wrote:
That hate meter is there for a reason, it's to let the balls to the wall dumbasses know that they will soon be a dead dumbass.


Yes: tanking is more than one party member's responsibility, just as healing is more than one party member's responsibility. We're a group for a reason, and everyone should be functioning as a more-or-less cohesive unit. A tank is not supposed to hold hate in the face of people who only know how to blindly throw attacks in quick succession just as a healer cannot be expected to spam-cure the guy who runs into the middle of the room drawing the attention of every monster in the vicinity. The fact that there is a hate meter in this game makes the issue amazingly simple - you can see when you're generating too much hate, there's no excuse! Er... what was the topic of the thread, again? >_>
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#14 Mar 07 2012 at 2:18 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
darkstarpoet1 wrote:
it could be your friend had already hit the soft cap on pie so they got no results for boosting the stats beyond there.


Soft cap on pie? There is no soft cap on pie. In fact, there's always room for pie.
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#15 Mar 07 2012 at 5:12 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
Scy, well hopefully the jobs issues will be resolved with tomorrows patch... And your other issues... Soon in upcoming patches or 2.o. Sorry you are having issues :/ or dislikes :/
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#16 Mar 07 2012 at 6:40 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
7,821 posts
Quote:
Gladiator: Lacks any real tanking tools before high level, requires to many other classes skills to do their job properly, Flash and rampart are on too high of a cooldown especally rampart. I've never played a tank in any mmo that has so much issues holding hate as the gladiator does. MP is also an issue with how teams tend to not stop at all, No mp=glad can't really keep more than 1 mob on it, which is bad when FF14 is sort of an aoe tanking game. Its very rare when your party will be fighting 1 enemy at a time in a exp party.


Umm...I really don't have any trouble holding hate. Sometimes I will lose it on mass pulls as the mobs start dwindling down, but really I got a system down:

1) Aggro mobs
2) On run back AoE Flash when at camp
3) Aegis Boon
4) Keen Flurry
5) War Drum
6) Leg Sweep
7) Rampart
8) Other...like Sacred Prism >> Cure
9) Kinda repeat if necessary

May need to throw in Second Wind and Outmanuver (sp?) somewhere depending on the size of your pull for some extra support on yourself. I personally prefer tanking on Mrd but Gld is fun too. Can even tank effectively on Pug if you know what your doing (had to do that 45-50 lol) :)

Quote:
Archer: To be frank the damage output is way to low compared to other damage dealing classes, this effect is compounded even more by the fact you need ammo, and yet you hit for less than almost all other classes. I constantly see archers doing much less damage than lancers at least up to lv 35 or so, which as I have said is silly, they should be doing the highest physical damage in game due to the ammo costs. Archer also needs a way to make Light shot be an auto attack, it gets really old, really fast having to hit light shot every single attack, yes it sounds lazy but its annoying. Not to mention they need to remove the range limit for archer comboing, mages don't have to be a certan distance away, neither should archers, this would help with soloing. As it is I hate soloing on my archer due to not being able to combo without having to do all this other crap before it.


I can only agree with only one thing in this statement. They suck at soloing. Yes they do. Anyway, a good Archer can put out a great deal of damage. Between Barrage, combo into Quick Knock, combo into Wide Volley, combo into that bleed ability (name eludes me atm). You have so many ways for quick, efficient, damage dealing. I mean dude Barrage itself is nasty.

Quote:
THM: This class just hits for way to much damage and needs to be toned down somewhat, either thm needs to be toned down, or the physical attacking classes need a damage increase.


Disagree. If you wanna be a lolthm and nuke your brains out be my guest. You'll be on your back in a second. With high damage output you have a trade off, massive enmity production. Need to learn to balance this. But thm is beastly lol.

Quote:
Conjurer: This class is mostly ok but it really needs another lower level heal or something, 2 heals till high level just doesn't cut it really.


Conjurer is straight up overpowered. I found it annoying with limited heals/no insta-heal but those issues are addressed with White Mage (Chainspell).

Quote:
All of the Hand/land classes need to level a bit faster, they are dreadfully slow compared to dow/dom classes.


The rested exp will help this issue. I personally have a hard time getting into crafting/gathering. I feel that pain.


I know I picked apart what you said lol. Just telling you my experiences. Yes they all have flaws and may need some work but its all about figuring out how to play it well/effectively.
____________________________


#17 Mar 07 2012 at 8:08 PM Rating: Good
Guru
***
1,310 posts
Scyris wrote:
Lets list some of the issues with current classes.

Gladiator: Lacks any real tanking tools before high level, requires to many other classes skills to do their job properly, Flash and rampart are on too high of a cooldown especally rampart. I've never played a tank in any mmo that has so much issues holding hate as the gladiator does. MP is also an issue with how teams tend to not stop at all, No mp=glad can't really keep more than 1 mob on it, which is bad when FF14 is sort of an aoe tanking game. Its very rare when your party will be fighting 1 enemy at a time in a exp party.

Archer: To be frank the damage output is way to low compared to other damage dealing classes, this effect is compounded even more by the fact you need ammo, and yet you hit for less than almost all other classes. I constantly see archers doing much less damage than lancers at least up to lv 35 or so, which as I have said is silly, they should be doing the highest physical damage in game due to the ammo costs. Archer also needs a way to make Light shot be an auto attack, it gets really old, really fast having to hit light shot every single attack, yes it sounds lazy but its annoying. Not to mention they need to remove the range limit for archer comboing, mages don't have to be a certan distance away, neither should archers, this would help with soloing. As it is I hate soloing on my archer due to not being able to combo without having to do all this other crap before it.

THM: This class just hits for way to much damage and needs to be toned down somewhat, either thm needs to be toned down, or the physical attacking classes need a damage increase.

Conjurer: This class is mostly ok but it really needs another lower level heal or something, 2 heals till high level just doesn't cut it really.

All Classes in general needs alot of their abilities to have their cooldowns cut signifigantly, namely: Gladiator, THM cooldowns are fine, as are conj.


Dear SE:

Nerf rock, boost scissors, paper's fine.
#18 Mar 07 2012 at 8:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
Quote:
Dear SE:

Nerf rock, boost scissors, paper's fine.

sincerely,

scissors




if youre gonna go all meme on us, do it right!



Edited, Mar 7th 2012 9:28pm by Llester
____________________________
monk
dragoon

#19 Mar 08 2012 at 2:25 AM Rating: Good
**
542 posts
I'm actually going to go ahead and agree on the DoL/DoH situation. DoH is the worst offender IMO, as it is painfully simplistic and intentionally slowed to a crawl. I actually like the concept in the case of actually creating items and maybe trying to HQ them, but when it comes to simple leveling it is far too drawn out for something that I would want to stick with. DoH was what I focused on more than anything else in this game when I played, and after a great many sessions of hours of trying to burn through ingredients while listening to music, watching TV, browsing the internet, and finding any other excuse I could to keep myself sane during the process, opportunity cost set in and I realized that there really wasn't anything about the process of leveling crafting that kept me hooked and therefore my time was better spent doing something either more productive or more enjoyable. This is purely my opinion, although I am not sure if I'm alone in this, and I would not be surprised if FFXIV's crafting system is currently not enjoyable enough to ever become popular on a grand scale.
#20 Mar 08 2012 at 6:41 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
828 posts
Scyris wrote:
Oh and don't even get me started on hoiw horrible the games targeting system is, I am in active mode with my weapon out, I hit confirm, or right on the dpad for example, now why the **** does it target the party member beside me inside of the monster thats right smack in front of me? I've never seen such a ****-poorly implemented targeting system, imo they need to change it so left/right targets monsters, and up/down targets party members only when in active mode. Its also a real pain in the *** to switch targets as well cancel twice, then have to hope when u hit left/right it actually targets a enemy insted of every other party member first.

If you set your tagertting mode to Type A you can use the control pad to select different modes as below depending on whether you use a ps3 or xbox game pad.:-
L1 + Triangle or LB + Y = All (Targets everything obviously)
L1 + Square or LB + X = Friendly (Will only targets friendly players or npcs)
L1 + Circle or LB + B = Party (Will only target party memebers)
L1 + X or LB + A = Enemy (Will only Target mobs that can be engaged)

I also believe that in mode B left and right will cycle mobs while up and down will cycle party members but i haven't really played around with it as i'm happy with Mode A and it's commands. give it a try though. but i find that knowing how to switch modes around i can usually target the right thing at the right time with very little difficulty.

Edited, Mar 8th 2012 7:47am by Dzian
____________________________


This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 15 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (15)